United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 10-04-2019, 07:06 AM   #141
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Gerard Pique

PIQUE: REDS' PARIS RESULT IS A WARNING FOR US

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique and head coach Ernesto Valverde will both be on their guard for Wednesday's game against Manchester United, after witnessing the Reds' remarkable win in the previous round of the UEFA Champions League.

The week before the pair either played in or plotted what proved to be a second-leg procession for Barca against Lyon, a thumping 5-1 victory, they looked across the continent as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men overcame the odds to beat Paris Saint-Germain 3-1 in France and reach the quarter-finals on away goals, thanks to Marcus Rashford's last-gasp penalty.

“I watched both their games,” revealed Pique. “Here [at Old Trafford], I think PSG played better and in the second half they scored and they could have scored some goals.

”But you cannot leave Manchester United alive. If you can beat them by scoring a lot of goals you have to do it, because they have a great team and have great history. United showed in the second leg in Paris, even though they played with a lot of young lads from the Academy, they won and they qualified in the last minute with a penalty.

“It’s a great example for us. We have to concentrate from the first minute to the last minute of the tie. We know Manchester United are very dangerous and we have to play our best game to qualify.”

Pique, an ex-United defender of course, was asked what kind of game he anticipates at his former home ground.

“I expect a game where we’ll have a lot of the ball and they will try and hit us on the counter attack with strong, fast players like Rashford and Lukaku.

“We have to be on our guard and look out for set pieces like corners, and crosses into the box. They are an English side, so they are strong, tall and will take advantage of opportunities. We have to try and avoid those situations and if we are on our game and we are focused, we can try to stop them.”

Barcelona's head coach Ernesto Valverde also cited set pieces as an aspect in which the Reds could hurt his team, although he added “Manchester United are a team who have many more things.”

He explained: “We know they are very strong in that aspect [set pieces] due to the size of their players. But we also have to be careful because of their speed on the counter attack and also with the impact that the fans can have.

“They have been gaining strength in the Champions League and they go into this game with high morale, wanting to show what they can do and, of course, they want to go through.”

Valverde was speaking to the media three hours after Solskjaer did the same and revealed that he could be without both Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera in United's midfield.

Quizzed on whether he might try to capitalise on those absences by selecting an attacking player in the same area of the field, Philippe Coutinho, the Barcelona boss replied:

“Taking into account the problems that they had in Paris and then looking at the result, I don’t think it’s a problem [for them]. They had a lot more players out for that game.”

The 55-year-old Spaniard has a midfielder of his own to worry about, Ousmane Dembélé. The France midfielder travelled to Manchester but may not play for fear of aggravating a hamstring injury, just as he did in the last round against Lyon when he came on as a substitute (and scored), having been a doubt prior to the game.

“We’ll see how he is in tonight’s training session, to see how he is and whether he can be fit or not,” said Valverde, shortly before his players went out to work on the Old Trafford pitch.

“Regardless, it’s not the same situation as against Lyon. It’s not the second leg. We have to be aware that in the last game we perhaps forced it a little and we are not going to run that risk this time just in case it reoccurs.”

One reporter suggested to Valverde that if Dembele does not feature, it could lead to a change of system - 4-4-2 with Chile international Arturo Vidal coming into the side. But the coach declined to confirm this, countering: “We will see tomorrow. We’re not going to rush into any decisions.

“We don’t know what the opposition is going to do. We’ll find out tomorrow how we are going to play, but I feel that both teams are going to continue to play the way they have been doing recently.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #142
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'You cannot leave Manchester United alive': Gerard Pique demands Barcelona to be ruthless against his old club ahead of Champions League quarter-final clash at Old Trafford

* Gerard Pique tells Barcelona to kill off Manchester United if they get the chance
* The Spanish defender was impressed with United's comeback win against PSG
* It will be his first time back at Old Trafford since the 32-year-old left in 2008
* The Catalan giants face the Reds in the first leg at Old Trafford on Wednesday

Gerard Pique has told Barcelona to kill off Manchester United if they get the chance after seeing his old club come back from the dead to stun Paris Saint-Germain.

Pique learned enough in four years at United to respect the club's ability to confound the odds, and could only watch in admiration as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side overturned a 2-0 first-leg defeat to PSG in the last 16 of the Champions League to win 3-1 in France and reach the quarter-finals.

The Spain defender, who is appearing at Old Trafford for the first time since leaving in 2008, believes Lionel Messi and Co must be ruthless if United are on the ropes again.

'You cannot leave Manchester United alive,' said Pique. 'If you can beat them scoring a lot of goals you have to do it because they have a great team and a great history.

'I think the PSG tie is a great example. They have shown in second leg in Paris even though they played with a lot of young lads from the academy they qualified in the last minute. It's a great example for us.

'We have to be very concentrated from the first minute to the last minute of the tie, and we have to play at our best to qualify.

'I expect a game where we have the ball and they will try and hit us on the counter-attack with fast strong players like (Marcus) Rashford and (Romelu) Lukaku. We have to be on our guard and look out for set-pieces from corners into the box.

Gerard Pique had told Barcelona to kill off Manchester United at Old Trafford on Wednesday. The Spanish defender was impressed with United's comeback against PSG in the last round. It will be the first time Pique has faced his former side since leaving the club in 2008

'They are an English side and they will try to take advantage of these opportunities. If we are focused we can try and stop them.

'Manchester United since from I was here have always been the biggest team in England. All the big sides go through good times and bad times and there are periods of transition.

'The period of Sir Alex Ferguson was the best one and they'll continue to be a big side. We hope during this period maybe they've not found that special ingredient to bring it back but let's see.'

Pique only had good memories of his four years in Manchester, where he played alongside Solskjaer towards the end of the Norwegian's career.

'Obviously it's a very special game,' he added. 'This is where I went from being a youngster to a man. I learned a lot on and off the field from 17 to 21 I was here, had my first experiences playing games with great names.

'I had some crazy times here as well. I left my family and friends and lived here on my own. You return a completely different person.

'When the draw came out I was really pleased. I've returned to many places - Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham - and played at almost all of them, and the one that was left was Man United. It was a great source of excitement to come back.

'It's been a number of years. Some things have changed but many are similar... There is a sense of nostalgia. I was very young when I came here and it was all new to me. This time I'm wearing a different shirt, one I've worn always all my life and I try to win.

'Old Trafford is something lovely because the fans are fantastic. It's the same if it's the Champions League, a Premier League game or playing against a fourth division side. The fans are always cheering if you lose or win. It's a different culture.

'You can see it both on and off the pitch, the fans are into their team. I've always said the English culture, we could learn a lot from them and one would be this instance.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6904097/Gerard-Pique-demands-Barcelona-ruthless-against-Manchester-United.html
Old 10-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #143
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Pique: Solskjaer Bantu Aku Adaptasi di MU
Randy Prasatya - detikSport

Manchester - Gerard Pique sempat empat tahun bermain untuk Manchester United. Pada masa itu, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bantu Pique untuk adaptasi dengan lingkungan baru.

MU memboyong Pique dari Barcelona pada 2004. Kala itu, bek asal Spanyol tersebut baru berusia 17 tahun.

Di usia yang masih sangat muda tentu tak akan mudah untuk beradaptasi dengan kultur dan bahasa yang baru. Pique tak menjalani adaptasi seorang diri, namun ada Solskjaer yang bantu memudahkan adaptasi.

Solskjaer kala itu masih menjadi pemain MU, namun sudah jarang bermain karena masalah cedera.

"Aku ingat dia sebagai rekan setim yang hebat ketika aku tiba di sini. Aku masih muda, dia adalah salah satu pemain senior. Yang pasti, dia membantuku beradaptasi dengan klub dan kotanya. Itu adalah pengalaman hebat untuk bermain dengannya," kata Pique seperti dikutip situs resmi UEFA.

Pique akan kembali bertemu Solskjaer saat Barcelona bertandang ke Old Trafford pada leg pertama perempatfinal Liga Champions, Kamis (11/4/2019) dinihari WIB. Situasinya berubah dengan Solskjaer menjadi manajer MU dan Pique pemain Blaugrana.

"Aku senang melihatnya tampil oke dengan Manchester United. Mereka telah memenangi banyak pertandingan, mereka bermain jauh lebih baik. Besok akan sulit dan kami berharap untuk menang," tegasnya.
Old 27-05-2019, 04:21 AM   #144
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Kecewa Berat Dikalahkan Valencia, tapi Pique Berlapang Dada dan Beri Selamat
Femi Diah - detikSport

Sevilla - Gerard Pique kecewa berat dengan kegagalan Barcelona di final Copa del Rey. Dia menyebutnya sebagai sebuah kesalahan yang tak bisa dimaafkan.

Barcelona gagal meraih trofi Copa del Rey usai dikalahkan Valencia 1-2 di Estadio Villamarin, Minggu (26/5/2019) dini hari WIB. Gawang Barca dibobol Kevin Gameiro dan Rodrigo di babak pertama.

Sementara itu, Barca hanya dapat membalas satu gol melalui Lionel Messi. La Pulga menceploskan gol ke gawang Valencia di menit ke-73.

Di laga itu, Barca memang tak bisa menurunkan kekuatan penuh. Salah satunya, kiper utama Marc-Andre Ter Stegen. Dia digantikan oleh Jasper Cillessen.

"Ketika kalian tak menang dengan beberapa pemain yang absen, kalian bisa menyalahkan situasi itu. Tapi, saya itu tak bisa menjadikannya sebagai alasan," ujar Pique seperti dikutip Marca.

"Kami ini Barcelona. Kami harus memenangi semuanya, terlebih menghadapi Valencia. Kami harus memberikan selamat kepada mereka dan mencoba untuk memenangi semuanya tahun depan," Pique menegaskan.

Pique mengakui Valencia bermain efektif di laga itu. Statistik menunjukkan, Barca unggul dalam penguasaan bola hingga 77 persen dan membuat 26 percobaan dengan enam yang on goal. Sementara, Valencia membuat sembilan tembakan dengan empat yang tepat sasaran.

"Mereka menguasai area kami tiga kali dan mencetak dua gol. Sementara itu, kami membuat peluang pada akhir babak pertama dan di awal babak kedua," ujar Pique.
Old 15-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #145
Andi Istiabudi
manager

'Kok, Pelanggaraan ke Pique Tak Dilihat Pakai VAR'
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Jakarta - Barcelona ditahan oleh Real Sociedad di lanjutan Liga Spanyol. Pemain-pemain Los Cules mempertanyakan keputusan wasit tak menggunakan video assistant referee (VAR) saat pelanggaran Gerard Pique.

Di Anoeta, Minggu (15/12/2019), Barcelona bermain 2-2 dengan Real Sociedad. Tuan rumah unggul lebih dulu berkat gol penalti Mikel Oyarzabal. Barcelona berbali unggul dengan gol yang diciptakan oleh Antoine Griezmann dan Luis Suarez.

Sociedad bisa menyamakan kedudukan lagi pada menit ke-62. Alexander Isak yang membobol gawang dari Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

Pada menit-menit akhir pertandingan, Pique ditarik oleh bek Sociedad, Diego Llorente. Dia pun terjatuh, tapi wasit tak memberikan penalti. Teknologi VAR juga tak digunakan.

Busquets mengomentari itu selepas laga di Liga Spanyol itu. Pemain senior Barca itu bilang bahwa kontroversi akan selalu ada.

"Saya tak mengerti mengapa VAR tak dipakai melihat itu lagi. VAR harus hadir di momen-momen seperti ini. Tapi, anda tak bisa terus membiarkannya saja, meskipun itu merupakan momen yang bisa menjadi penentu pertandingan," kata Busquets di Marca.

Pernyataan serupa juga dilontarkan oleh gelandang Barca lainnya, Frenkie De Jong. Dia memberi pembanding penalti yang diberikan untuk Sociedad.

"Andai ana memberi penalti pertama untuk Sociedad, anda harus memberikan satu lainnya untuk pelanggaran pada Pique," kata De Jong menegaskan.

"Ini merupakan pertandingan yang intens dengan banyak pressing dan kami sangat tidak nyaman. Tapi, kami bisa bereaksi dan bangkit," dia menambahkan.
Old 20-04-2020, 01:22 PM   #146
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Gerard Pique si Ayah yang Menawan
Afif Farhan - detikSport

Barcelona - Bek Barcelona, Gerard Pique membagikan tulisan sang anak, Milan Pique Mebarak di Twitter pribadinya. Tulisan yang memuji dirinya.

Para pesepakbola nampaknya banyak yang memposting kehidupan keluarganya di kala isolasi diri seperti ini karena pandemi virus Corona. Ada yang main bola bareng dan lain sebagainya.

Gerard Pique, bek Barcelona pun memposting hal yang menyentuh hati via Twitter pribadinya. Suatu tulisan dari anak laki-lakinya yang berusia tujuh tahun, Milan Pique Mebarak.

Dalam tulisannya, Milan menyebut Pique sebagai ayah yang menawan. Dia berpuisi dengan bahasa Inggris, yang isinya mengisahkan kehidupan dirinya dengan sang ayah.

Milan menulis dia dan ayahnya suka bermain bareng dari memanjat pohon sampai bersepeda. Di akhir tulisan Milan menulis 'I love my charming dad, that always makes me glad'.

Pique sampai menulis 'Poem by Milan. So proud of him!'. Tampaknya, dirinya senang betul dengan perkembangan anaknya.

Old 18-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #147
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Satu Laga yang Bikin Karier Gerard Pique di MU Selesai
Adhi Prasetya - detikSport

Derby - Gerard Pique pernah gagal mendapat tempat di Manchester United semasa muda. Penampilan buruknya di satu laga disebut menjadi alasan ia tak bertahan lama di Old Trafford.
Berseragam MU selama 2004-2008, penampilan terbanyak Pique dalam semusim terjadi di 2007/08. Memang kesempatannya bermain saat itu masih sedikit, karena ada duet Rio Ferdinand dan Nemanja Vidic di jantung pertahanan.

Namun di musim berikutnya, Pique dilepas ke klub lamanya, Barcelona, dengan banderol 5 juta Paun saja. Meski Sir Alex Ferguson akhirnya menyesal telah mengizinkan pemain berdarah Catalan itu pergi, namun saat itu performa Pique dianggap belum meyakinkan.

Keraguan itu disebut-sebut bermula dari laga tandang yang dijalani MU melawan Bolton Wanderers, 24 November 2007. Saat itu MU kalah 0-1, dan Pique hanya bertahan 59 menit di lapangan sebelum diganti oleh Anderson Oliveira.

"Laga tandang melawan Bolton kala itu kurang lebih menjadi sinyal berakhirnya karier Pique di MU," tulis eks penyerang MU, Wayne Rooney, dalam kolomnya di Sunday Times.

"Dia masih muda saat itu dan di-bully oleh pemain Bolton, dan saya pikir di situlah Fergie merasa secara fisik Pique tak cocok bermain di Premier League."

Bolton saat itu dikenal sebagai tim yang tak segan bermain keras. Rooney menyebut rekan-rekannya di MU pun tak suka melawan mereka.

"Saya selalu ingat Vidic. Jika kami akan bertandang ke Bolton, ia akan berlatih keras di gym 2-3 hari sebelum laga, sama seperti jika ia akan menghadapi Didier Drogba (Chelsea)," kata Rooney.

"Bertandang ke Bolton memang selalu menyulitkan. Mereka mengandalkan fisik dan kami tahu kami harus berjuang untuk menang di sana. Saya masih ingat omongan (Patrice) Evra soal Kevin Davies (striker Bolton saat itu): 'Saya benci orang ini'."

"Bolton juga memiliki kualitas. Dari cara mereka bertarung dan bekerja sebagai kesatuan di lapangan, lalu menemukan momen yang pas untuk menggunakannya, mereka adalah tipikal tim yang bisa mengalahkan lawan yang secara kualitas lebih baik," jelas Rooney.

Pulang ke Barcelona, kualitas Pique malah meningkat pesat. Ia sudah memenangi 8 gelar Liga Spanyol adan 3 Liga Champions hingga kini. Khusus yang disebut terakhir, dua di antaranya diraih dengan mengalahkan MU di final, yakni di tahun 2009 dan 2011.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:09 PM   #148
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Pique, Kemarin Bilang Sulit Juara Sekarang Pantang Menyerah
Afif Farhan - detikSport

Barcelona - Belum lama ini, Gerard Pique menyebut Barcelona akan sulit juara. Tapi baru-baru nge-tweet, Barcelona akan berjuang sampai akhir pantang menyerah!

Lima pertandingan setelah Liga Spanyol digulirkan kembali, Barcelona tiga kali menang dan dua kali seri. Itu membuat posisi mereka tergeser dari puncak klasemen Liga Spanyol.

Hingga pekan ke-31, Blaugrana mengoleksi 69 poin. Mereka hanya selisih dua poin sang pemuncak sementara, Real Madrid.

Gerard Pique lewat Twitter pribadinya baru-baru ini nge-tweet soal semangat pantang menyerah. Dia menyebut, kompetisi belum berakhir.

"Ingat satu hal, kita adalah Barca dan itu belum berakhir. Berjuang sampai akhir adalah bagian dari DNA kami," begitu kira-kira kalau diterjemahkan dalam bahasa Indonesia.

Padahal ketika Barcelona seri lawan Sevilla 0-0 pada Sabtu (20/6) lalu, dia Gerard Pique bilang dirinya sudah menyerah dalam perburuan titel juara Laliga.

"Saya kira akan sangat sulit untuk menjuarai liga ini," ujar Pique soal peluang Barcelona menjuarai LaLiga.

"Kami akan melakukan segalanya, tapi saya kira (Real Madrid) tidak akan kehilangan banyak poin."

"Ini tak lagi ada di tangan kami dan akan sangat sulit bagi Real Madrid untuk kehilangan poin. Dari saya saya liat dalam dua laga terakhir, ini akan sulit," katanya seperti dikutip Marca.

Barcelona selanjutnya akan menjamu Atletico Madrid pada Rabu (1/7/2020) dini hari WIB. Tiga poin wajib diraih, demi terus menempel Real Madrid. Tapi, Atletico madrid juga bukan lawan yang mudah. Diego Costa dkk selalu menang dalam empat pertandingan terakhir.
Old 23-11-2020, 10:07 AM   #149
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Gerard Pique was forced off in tears after suffering a suspected knee injury at Atletico Madrid

The Spain star suffered a freak collision with Angel Correa which bent his knee awkwardly

The 33-year-old was visibly distressed and down on the field for some time during the game
Old 27-11-2020, 02:38 AM   #150
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Kabarnya bisa sampai 6 bulan absen karena cederanya lumayan parah.
Semoga bisa pulih sebelum Euro 2021 yaa..

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 104
achiell, ad13t, adesaktiTRK, alfiandrmwn, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, apri_united25, Ardiey11, arymashuda, AuliaHasby, ayahocta, Azrul Red United, benatbenat, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, cie_1, CRj, cupen7, daitze, dekepiks, dery pramudito, devil_heart, dhafiarf, dhodoadrian, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Ekky Malonda, elhuszeinz, Emank_1412, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, FauCAN7ONA, Febri Angga, febza, fey777, fikrirf, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, goodfron, HaHa, hdhe16, hendiplast, holy, hwstars94, id4y, irfan_mancunianred, irfi_1, irhamutd, jerryap, jifortin, jonajoni, jratualang, Krisnoaji Pamungkas, Lang25, lauraniza, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, muhammad rere albani, NdeGue, oldark, ollacarla, penk22_, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizkiandi, ronald hars, scratch, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, Syarifeghy, Tamanaro, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, Thomas, tietocinex, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unromantic_dio, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, wahyou91, walikece, Wengge Schmeichel, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zircon tri hafid, zudomiriku