United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

Old 14-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #21
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United

MOURINHO'S VERDICT ON LIVERPOOL DRAW

Jose Mourinho has described Manchester United’s 0-0 stalemate against Liverpool at Anfield as “a positive point”.

The Reds kept another clean sheet and maintained our unbeaten run in the Premier League by playing out a goalless draw against Jurgen Klopp’s men on Merseyside.

Here is what the boss had to say in his post-match interview with Sky Sports and in his press conference…

REFLECTING ON THE GAME
“In the first half, we had the ball and were always compact. We had a few shots in the second half. They played with a very strong midfield of [Emre] Can, [Georginio] Wijnaldum and [Jordan] Henderson for 90 minutes but, in the second half, I had no-one on the bench to change the direction of the game. I thought they were afraid of our counter attack. I just tried to improve in attacking areas where I could surprise them, but they kept a strong organisation in midfield. I was waiting for him [Jurgen Klopp] to break it [the play] a bit more. But he didn’t let it break. A point, in this long marathon? A point at Anfield is OK.”

FEW OPTIONS ON THE BENCH
“The opposition was good today, but we played our game. In the first half, we had a couple of very good chances and good control of the game. In the second half, [Nemanja] Matic tired and I had no solutions on the bench. I tried with my substitutions to make us more dynamic in attack but, in reality, we lost power and energy and control in midfield.”

THE APPROACH FROM BOTH TEAMS
“I think he [Klopp] did well. He didn’t let the game break. I think [Jesse] Lingard and [Marcus] Rashford were waiting for the game to break but it did not. I think they were very good team from a defensive point of view, much pressing. The only chance I had to change the direction of the game was to bring players on with speed and maybe, they are going to change their formation but they didn’t. The second half was like a game of chess but my opponent didn’t open the door for me to win the game.”

TACTICAL INSIGHT
“We came for three points but in the second half we felt it difficult to do that with the match and the dynamic it had. I was waiting for Jurgen to change to go more attacking but he kept the three strong midfield players all the time and he had control. I had only Herrera and Matic. When I brought on Rashford and Lingard, I expected him [Klopp] to change but he kept the three which means his midfield was stronger today. At times, I was waiting for my team to do something but I couldn’t do anything with no midfielder on the bench. The second half was like a game of chess but my opponent didn’t open the door for me to win the game.

www.manutd.com
Old 15-10-2017, 01:12 AM   #22
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Hari minggu yang suram tuh setelah lihat United main ancur2an, eh trus tau Citt menggila.
Old 16-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United's draw at Liverpool was not a good point for Jose Mourinho... if they are to take the title they must be winning these games

* Jose Mourinho set his Manchester United side up to dig in at Anfield
* Liverpool had the share of chances and possession throughout the game
* Jurgen Klopp bemoaned the approach of his managerial counterpart afterwards
* If United and Mourinho are to win the title, these are the games they should win

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Jurgen Klopp, perched on a table next to the photocopier in an ante-room, unleashed his famously manic laugh. He had just been asked if Liverpool had a plan to stop Manchester United, as Jose Mourinho had intimated. It is fair to say this German does do irony.

Watching Liverpool’s manager handle his post-match inquest was much like studying him on the touchline. All his anger, tension and frustration hidden in outbreaks of crazily forced good humour.

We know what he wanted to say, after this — but where would it get him? Some 29 years on nobody has forgotten the feud between Kenny Dalglish and Sir Alex Ferguson.

Klopp knew better than to pick a fight with Mourinho. So he threw it back to his inquisitors, time and again. We saw the game. We have seen many Klopp teams over the years. What did we think? Who did we feel was trying to stop who?

He knew the answer. And he knew we did, too. ‘They got the point they wanted and we didn’t get the win we wanted,’ was Klopp’s succinct appraisal.

‘People around the stadium saw a game they wanted to see — but they all had Liverpool shirts on. They wanted a goal, too, and we didn’t score so that’s not perfect. But the rest? They saw that we threw all we had on the pitch.’

Jose Mourinho should not be happy with the point his Manchester United side won at Anfield. Mourinho set his side up defensively at Anfield and looked to counteract Liverpool pressure

Did Manchester United? In terms of collective effort, yes, but in ambition, no. Mourinho tried to share the blame, even shift it towards Liverpool for keeping a tight midfield unit, denying him the chance to counter-attack with creative substitutions, but few neutrals were buying that.

He said he had no midfielders in reserve, but what he meant was he had no physically imposing ones like Paul Pogba or Marouane Fellaini. He had Juan Mata, who most consider a fine midfield option, but chose not to use him.

He said Klopp had made like-for-like substitutions that were no risk, yet what is Marcus Rashford for Anthony Martial, or Jesse Lingard for Henrik Mkhitaryan? The only variation Mourinho offered was when he brought on a centre half for a wide midfielder, in added time.

There is an old Jewish joke about Morty, whose business is failing. Each week he goes to the synagogue and prays. ‘Lord,’ he says, ‘I am running out of money fast. Please find it in your heart — let me win the lottery.’

This continues for weeks. The pleas grow more desperate, until one day, light fills the room and voice booms from the heavens. ‘Morty,’ says God, ‘meet me halfway — buy a ticket.’

And that’s what United didn’t do. They didn’t buy a ticket. Mourinho has his detractors and many claims against him are overstated, but it was hard to defend this.

It wasn’t Inter Milan with 10 men against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. It wasn’t a game where he is accused of parking a bus, when his only crime is to set up a team to win. Mourinho isn’t as negative as is made out. Largely, his teams play very good, exciting, ambitious football.

Yet not here. United are a better team than Liverpool, with a stronger squad. They could have played them at least as equals and, more feasibly, as superiors.

Instead, they waited for Liverpool to make the game, they left Romelu Lukaku in isolation for long periods and they settled for a point. And that may prove their undoing this season because a point at Anfield may not be the prize it was.

Manchester City raised the bar with the way they played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. They made no compromises, did not lower their ambition by even the tiniest degree — and they will not when they visit Liverpool in January. That doesn’t mean they win. They may draw, or even lose, but the aim will be victory by a margin, as happened when the teams met in Manchester on September 9.

There will be no game in which City arrive happy with a draw. United looked as if they would have taken that from 15 minutes in. This is what Klopp meant when he spoke of United coming for a point. It will not have started that way — but ambition was replaced by pragmatism very quickly.

‘If you want to judge our two match plans then do it,’ Klopp added. ‘Most things they did today were completely clear. Jose obviously did what he thinks is right, or what he wants to do, and that is OK. I won’t moan and say, “Come on, open up a little bit” because that’s not how it is.

‘They want to win the league and I’m sure we couldn’t play like this at Liverpool after a hundred years without the title. We start trying it, we sit back, we say, “Let’s wait” — that is not possible. The challenger has to do more, has to do whatever is necessary.’

Yet are United — without a league title since 2013 when Ferguson stepped down — immune to that pressure, too? Mourinho would argue not. Maybe the locals will take a first one post-Ferguson that doesn’t come with bells and whistles, but after that?

Ferguson delivered the odd masterclass, too, but few ended goalless. Hearing Lukaku defend his record against the biggest teams after a rare blank in a United shirt, made one wonder how often he will have to deliver that speech if United take this same game plan to London, or deploy it in December against Manchester City.

‘Hard work and being solid is the nature of any team,’ said United’s Phil Jones, ‘and whether you play Liverpool or Burnley away you don’t want to get beat. If you can’t win, make sure you don’t lose and that is the mentality in our dressing room. People may criticise but let them — we’ll see where we are at the end of the season.’

Indeed, there is a long way to go. But one thing is almost certain: United will not be ahead of Manchester City on goal difference or goals scored in this campaign. Meaning they have to lead on points. Meaning they have to risk in the biggest matches. Meaning they cannot afford many more afternoons like this — or convince themselves that a goalless draw at Anfield is the same decent, steady, gutsy point it always was. This title will need more.

Quote:
GRAHAM POLL'S VERDICT

Referee Martin Atkinson was criticised when he chose not to caution Romelu Lukaku for a hefty challenge on Joe Gomez. It looked a yellow card but it was not a mandatory one and Atkinson felt the game did not require a caution at that point.

It was hard to disagree. Lukaku also caught Dejan Lovren in the face with his boot but it looked accidental, so Atkinson was correct to take no action. Lovren’s reaction was ridiculous but it didn’t fool Atkinson, whose overall display was impressive.
Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4982772/Man-United-draw-Liverpool-not-good-Mourinho.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 23
adi_Giggsy, alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, delongedee, dhodoadrian, dwitri27, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, jojo poenya, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, RPM, Ryan_lallo, SR 7, wira_ozora, zudomiriku, Zulfan