United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #13
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [2017 Pre Season] Manchester United 2-0 Manchester City

MOURINHO'S VIEWS ON DERBY WIN & TRANSFERS

Here are the main points from Jose Mourinho's post-match press conference and MUTV interview at NRG Stadium in Houston, following Manchester United's 2-0 win over Manchester City on Tour 2017, presented by Aon...

RESULT AND PERFORMANCE

"It was a very good training session. That is what we thought when we organised the pre-season. Two matches against MLS teams and then we move on to the best teams in the world. Obviously City are a better team with better players than the MLS teams. They demanded more from us, more intensity, more concentration, more quality defensively, more quality on the ball so it was a fantastic training session. They have very good players, they play quality football, we had to play well, especially when the game had more quality in the first half. It was a good intensity, the players are tired, I am really pleased and I am sure Pep [Guardiola] is the same. The most important thing is to give the players high quality training. The fans and the stadium are fantastic. Relevent [the tour promoters] gave us a very good surface. There are no injuries on either side. It's all good."

LUKAKU'S PACE, POWER AND FINISHING ABILITY

"And not just that, we also saw the team player that holds the ball, that waits for support, that allows the team to leave pressure zones and to keep possession in the opposition half. People look at goals and chances but I have a different perspective and I couldn't be happier with what he's doing. I couldn't be happier that we managed to sign him before the pre-season because in this 10 days of work and these minutes of football with the team-mates it's fantastic for their understanding."

RASHFORD ALSO LOOKING SHARP

"And it's good also to see them playing together which is perfectly possible. We have had three friendly matches and we play with three different systems. Today we played with a number 10 and we are working, we are developing the team."

BENEFITS OF EARLY SIGNINGS

"When I look to the team and when I look to Lukaku, Lindelof, I would like my squad to be here, my whole squad. If you manage to get one more player, I am not even crying for two, but if we can get one player as soon as possible because you can see the way Lindelof and Lukaku are in the team, with the understanding of the players - for example, Paul Pogba's pass for Lukaku, the way he waited for support."

PRE-SEASON GOING SO WELL

"The preparation is fantastic, I keep saying it. No mistakes by the organisations - Relevent and the club. The mistakes are zero, the quality of the work is high, the match intensity is high. Only one injury and it is small, it is not a big injury for Juan. Everything is going really well. It is 10 days of work and there is a long time to go. We have two more matches in the US and then we go to Europe. There are fantastic people in the group, the new guys feel at home immediately. Everything is going well."

CLEAN SHEET WAS ANOTHER POSITIVE

"Yes and there were a couple of good saves by David and by Sergio, which is also good."

CHANGES IN DEFENCE

"We played with two back fours. One in the first half and one in the second half. Just Valencia played a bit more because he didn't play much against Salt Lake. Against Real Madrid we will do the same. We are here to train and to give everybody time. In this game we played Eric with Jones, Smalling with Lindelof. The next game will be Lindelof with another one, and Bailly with another one. It is not [about] just good defending but [also keeping] possession. It is good. Everything is going okay for us."

WILL ANOTHER NEW PLAYER JOIN THE TOUR?

"I don't know, I don't know. I am not in control of that. The credit of Lukaku and Lindelof to be here on time, the credit is not mine, it is Ed Woodward and his team. I thank him for that fantastic work to bring us two very important players for us. But we need a bit more when you see the other teams in the Premier League, like Man City, Liverpool and West Ham, the way they get players, good players, important players. The champions have bought three fantastic experienced players. I am thinking about West Ham for the first match of the Premier League. They have got Joe Hart, Chicharito and Arnautovic. It looks like they are playing to win the Premier League too. The teams are fantastic in the market. I am waiting for a bit more."

PROVING HARD TO SIGN MORE PLAYERS QUICKLY

"Yes and other teams are finding that also. That is not me criticising or not understanding the difficulty of the situation. I understand. Unless you go to the clubs and accept immediately the price tag, it is not so easy to do that. We see that clubs don't want to negotiate. The market is open until 31 August but I like to work from day one. The difference between Lukaku arriving on day or 29 August is huge."

WHICH POSITION ARE YOU STILL LOOKING TO STRENGTHEN?

"I don't tell you. I am sorry."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jul/manager-reaction-jose-mourinho-press-conference-mutv-interview-after-man-united-2-man-city-0.aspx

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 17
alfafianjihan, Andi Istiabudi, andrydjemb4, dwitri27, Genk's007, h-ANG, nothing23, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, udhetewur, wira_ozora, zudomiriku, Zulfan