United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 13-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #531
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube
Default Re: Adnan Januzaj

Goodlluck Janu
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #532
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United flop Adnan Januzaj asks Mo Farah for help to revive his career at Real Sociedad

* Adnan Januzaj spent last year on loan with Sunderland as they finished bottom
* Januzaj had struggled to nail down a first team place at Manchester United
* The Belgian winger joins La Liga outfit Real Sociedad in a £9.8million transfer
* He chose to thank only 'some' of United's coaches and staff following the move

Adnan Januzaj has been getting advice from Olympic champion Mo Farah in a bid to put his career back on track.

Januzaj has joined Real Sociedad from Manchester United in a deal worth up to £9.8million after disappointing spells on loan at Sunderland and Borussia Dortmund.

The 22-year-old Belgian forward admits that he is not 100 per cent fit and revealed that he has been speaking to double 5,000m and 10,000m champion Farah about how to improve himself physically and mentally.

Adnan Januzaj is presented with the No 8 shirt after signing for Real Sociedad

The former Manchester United man poses with Sociedad's president Jokin Aperribay (right) and sport director Lorenzo Juarros (left)

Januzaj said at his unveiling in Spain: 'I chose Real Sociedad because I want to be able to enjoy my football. I think I will be able to do that here. They believed in me from the beginning.

'I have already viewed the Spanish League and enjoy the kind of football that Real Sociedad play.

'I wanted to play more. I prefer to play behind the attackers, but will play in several positions where the coach says I have to.

'For the time being, I am still not a hundred percent physically because it's only the first day.'

On the help from Farah, he added: 'He's a friend. He has me very helped with the physical and the mental training.'

Januzaj said that he has not spoken to David Moyes, the former Sociedad boss who gave his debut at United in 2013 when he made a sensational breakthrough at Old Trafford and signed a five-year deal.

He said: 'I haven't really spoken with Moyes about coming here, but I've always heard good things about this club and the Spanish top division.

'Real Sociedad have big names in their team. My goal here is scoring goals, and if that fails then assists. But first of all, I am here because I like football.'

Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay believes Januzaj can rebuild his once promising career at the club after losing his way in recent years.

He said: 'Adnan had plenty of options, but we are very happy that he chose us. He offers quality and a lot of creativity. We hope to offer him the continuity that he missed over the past few years.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4694936/Adnan-Januzaj-asks-Mo-Farah-help-revive-career.html
Old 15-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #533
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube

Senoga bisa berkembang di sociedad
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #534
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Adnan Januzaj was once Manchester United's future but is now their past... yet winger says: 'To say I've got a bad attitude is really stupid'

* Adnan Januzaj is rebuilding his career in Spain after leaving Manchester United
* The Real Sociedad winger lifts the lid on his time under 'difficult' Louis van Gaal
* The 22-year-old still receives pep talks from Sir Alex Ferguson from time to time
* Januzaj hopes for a place in the Belgium World Cup squad next summer

At Adnan Januzaj's Manchester home, his most treasured football memorabilia stands proud.

Encased inside a frame adorning the living-room wall in the flat he still owns, Januzaj keeps the Manchester United shirt he wore on his full Premier League debut - the day he exploded on to the scene as an 18-year-old with two wonderful goals in a comeback victory at Sunderland.

Almost four years have now passed and sitting in a dimly lit room at Real Sociedad's Zubieta training ground this week, all that seems a long time ago.

The Real Sociedad winger was hailed as the heir to Ryan Giggs at Manchester United

Januzaj is 22 now but in football terms, he is still to mature. To borrow the racing parlance of mentor Sir Alex Ferguson, he has not 'trained on'.

We should remember how fondly Januzaj was once regarded at Old Trafford. Ferguson gave him a place on the substitutes' bench for his final match in charge of the club at West Brom. David Moyes compared him to a young Wayne Rooney and Johan Cruyff. Ryan Giggs handpicked him to inherit the No 11 shirt he had worn with such distinction.

'Obviously that day was a dream,' Januzaj tells Sportsmail. 'To score two goals as a kid for the biggest club in England. As a 17-year-old, I trained a lot with the first team in Ferguson's final season. Amazing - Scholesy, Giggsy, Evra, Ferdinand... I remember Giggsy was always tackling me hard a lot. He wanted me to become a man on the pitch. He helped a lot during the difficult years I had with Louis van Gaal.'

After heading on tour during Moyes' first summer, Januzaj offered a rare bright spark in a tortuous campaign for the manager.

While more experienced colleagues retreated, Januzaj showed courage, exuding class and confidence. Everyone wanted a piece of him. A young woman tore into him in a tabloid newspaper because he took her on a cheap date to chain restaurant Nando's. He grins: 'Maybe I'd take her to McDonald's next time.'

Januzaj enjoyed a dream debut for United - scoring twice in a 2-1 win at Sunderland in 2013

Born in Brussels, Januzaj is the son of Kosovan-Albanian parents who escaped the Balkan crisis. His background meant he qualified to play for Belgium, Albania, Kosovo, Turkey or even England - should he have qualified under a five-year FIFA residency rule.

He had moved to United from Anderlecht as a 15-year-old without a word of English. His close friend Paul Pogba translated instructions in the early days of training at the academy.

In Albania, a TV show was broadcast entitled 'Hero or Traitor' and for a while the future of a teenager felt as though it would require a United Nations intervention to oversee a diplomatic conclusion.

England manager Roy Hodgson declared his interest. Januzaj was taken aback by the scrutiny. 'I'm born in Belgium, I grew up there. That's why I chose Belgium. It's where I'm born and it's my country. It was a great first year for me. After that year, it became harder.'

Januzaj's regression began when Van Gaal arrived in the summer of 2014. United pursued a galactico policy, recruiting Angel Di Maria and Radamel Falcao but Van Gaal's prosaic style of football shackled him further. Speed and penetration disappeared from United's play. Two years of the Dutchman brought yawns from the terraces and the schoolmasterly approach saw confidence slip away from Januzaj like water down a drain.

Januzaj enjoyed a great relationship with David Moyes before he was sacked as United boss

'There was not the same freedom,' he says. 'A winger needs that confidence, a manager telling you, "Go and take people on". With him, it was a slow passing game.'

Januzaj sighs and rolls his eyes. Drawn-out and punishing group video analysis sessions did little to improve the mood. Did some players struggle with the brutality?

'For some it was difficult. You could see some players were not enjoying the football. The manager and I had many difficult meetings.

'I was frustrated and everyone could see that I was not the same Adnan as the first year. I was sometimes even in the stands. When you work hard in training and then get left out, it's hard for a young guy.'

Van Gaal's philosophy restricted United. 'It was not only me. As a footballer, if you think too much on the pitch, it is never good. You need instinct in your play. When the ball came to us, we had to stop and think, "What are we going to do with it here?", "I can't lose the ball".'

The same can't be said for Januzaj's relationship with Moyes' successor Louis van Gaal. Under Van Gaal, Januzaj felt restricted as a footballer due to his robotic philosophy of football. 'Everyone could see that I was not the same Adnan,' Januzaj said about his time under Van Gaal

Did it reach the stage he feared losing his place if he chose flair over Van Gaal's robotic instructions?

'Yes. That kind of stuff comes into your head. It was difficult... training sessions too. Under Ferguson, it was always intense. People wanted to win in training. It started to change.

'It was not the United we used to see winning games and winning trophies. Teams used to come to Old Trafford and be scared to play. I had the sense that some teams started coming to Old Trafford thinking,"We can beat them today easy".

Januzaj started eight games in Van Gaal's first season and was then loaned to Borussia Dortmund. He did not start a league game in Germany before returning in January. Manager Thomas Tuchel claimed he did not possess the necessary 'motivation or attitude'. A narrative developed that Januzaj's determination had lessened as he enjoyed the perks of a lucrative five-year contract.

His loan at Borussia Dortmund was short-lived after falling out with then-boss Thomas Tuchel

He bristles. 'If I only played for a contract, I would have stopped football right away. Since I was a little boy, I have loved this game. I started from age four and it's all I wanted.

'Those suggestions are stupid. I had very good stats when I came on. Sir Alex texted me and called during that spell. He told me, "Keep working hard, never give up, life goes on, you have quality and never stop working". I needed that.

'Giggsy was assistant during Van Gaal's time. He always talked to me and tried to help. He could see I was not the Adnan everyone knows.'

When Jose Mourinho arrived, a loan move to Sunderland and a reunion with Moyes followed. It was a hellish campaign in which Januzaj was booed by the club's own support on the way to relegation.

Jose Mourinho let Januzaj go out on loan at Sunderland before selling him to Sociedad. His time at Sunderland (left) was sometimes hellish but he's looking to rebuild a career in Spain

'People were criticising me as though I was the only player playing for Sunderland. I am a young player, still learning. I always gave my best. I was always the one trying to make something happen. Sunderland have never been in the top four so you know it will be difficult.'

This summer, Mourinho allowed Januzaj to leave in a permanent deal to Sociedad. Belgium coach Roberto Martinez is an admirer and privately put in a word earlier this summer with the Basque club.

'Jose had to make things happen very quickly and make quick decisions,' Januzaj says. 'I had not been playing for two years. He is a great manager and he has been fair to me because he let me leave to improve somewhere else. That's how the world goes and I look forward.

'I know Sir Alex is always at the end of the phone. The same with Giggsy and David. Those people will always back me. My first job now is to impress here. I'm hoping for a World Cup place. The world does not stop.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4918762/Adnan-Januzaj-say-ve-got-bad-attitude-stupid.html
Old 04-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #535
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Dicap Kurang Kerja Keras, Begini Respons Eks Winger MU

Liputan6.com, Manchester - Eks winger MU, Adnan Januzaj membantah dirinya tidak bekerja keras selama di Old Trafford. Ia pun bertekad akan membuktikan kualitasnya bersama Real Sociedad.

Januzaj sempat disebut sebagai calon bintang masa depan MU setelah tampil istimewa di bawah kendali David Moyes. Namun pergantian manajer dari Moyes ke Louis van Gaal pada 2014 turut memengaruhi kariernya.

Periode tersebut menjadi awal dari menurunnya performa sang pemain.Setelah itu Januzaj bergabung ke Sunderland. Namun ia kembali tak bersinar karena hanya mencetak sebuah gol dari 28 laga.

Akhirnya MU pun sepakat melepasnya ke Sociedad musim panas ini.I a dikontrak selama lima tahun di klub La Liga tersebut.

"Semua yang membicarakan saya tidak tahu tentang sepak bola. Saya tidak peduli dan akan tetap bekerja keras," kata Januzaj seperti dilansir Daily Star.

"Saya pikir sekarang adalah tantangan. Saya akan membuktikan kalau ucapan mereka salah. Kritik mereka adalah kekuatan saya," kata pemain jebolan akademi MU tersebut.

http://bola.liputan6.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 06:57 AM   #536
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Setelah lama "menghilang" eeh Januzaj muncul kembali dan menjadi pahlawan kemenangan Belgia atas Inggris pada laga Piala Dunia 2018 tadi malam. Salah satu pemain United favoritnya Moyes nih

Last edited by Andi Istiabudi; 29-06-2018 at 07:01 AM..
Old 29-06-2018, 09:45 AM   #537
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Bahagianya Mantan Pemain MU Usai Bobol Gawang Inggris
Jun Mahares, CNN Indonesia

Jakarta, CNN Indonesia -- Mantan pemain Manchester United, Adnan Januzaj, begitu semringah usai berhasil mencetak gol tunggal kemenangan timnas Belgia 1-0 atas Inggris pada laga terakhir Grup G Piala Dunia 2018.

Duel Inggris vs Belgia sempat bermain imbang tanpa gol di babak pertama. Namun, aksi ciamik Januzaj di menit ke-51 berhasil memecahkan kebuntuan di Stadion Kaliningrad, Jumat (29/6) dini hari WIB.

Menerima umpan Yoeri Tielemans di sisi kiri kotak penalti, Januzaj lebih dulu mengecoh Danny Rose sebelum melepaskan tendangan kaki kiri ke tiang jauh yang tak mampu dijangkau kiper Jordan Pickford.

Selepas pertandingan, Januzaj merendah bahwa gol timnas Belgia bisa diciptakan siapa saja. Maklum, Setan Merah memiliki sejumlah pemain berkualitas yang tersebar di klub-klub elite Eropa.

Meski demikian, ia tak bisa menyembunyikan kebahagiaannya usai mencetak gol ke gawang Inggris.

"Kami tahu perbedaan bisa dibuat dengan momen individual. Hal itu bisa dilakukan siapa saja dan saya senang bisa melakukannya," kata Januzaj seperti dikutip dari laman resmi FIFA.

Januzaj kini bermain di Real Sociedad setelah tak mendapat banyak menit bermain bersama Manchester United. Para fan MU kemungkinan akan merindukan aksi Januzaj usai mencetak gol indah ke gawang Inggris.

Laga Inggris vs Belgia merupakan pertandingan pertama Januzaj tampil sebagai starter di Piala Dunia 2018. Sebelumnya, ia hanya diturunkan sebagai pemain pelapis saat Belgia menang telak lawan Tunisia (5-2) dan Panama (3-0).

Kemenangan atas Inggris mengantar Belgia keluar sebagai juara Grup G Piala Dunia 2018. Selanjutnya Januzaj dkk akan menghadapi Jepang yagn finis sebagai runner up Grup H.
Old 16-12-2019, 08:58 AM   #538
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'The biggest was Adnan Januzaj... he should have been a world superstar': Nicky Butt reveals he is disappointed by former Manchester United winger

* Adnan Januzaj was highly rated during his early days at Manchester United
* The Belgian winger however failed to establish himself at Old Trafford
* Nicky Butt says Januzaj should have gone on to become a 'world superstar'
* Januzaj now spends his time playing for Spanish club Real Sociedad

Nicky Butt has labelled Adnan Januzaj as the biggest disappointment of his coaching career to date.

The former Manchester United player who now works as head of first-team development at Old Trafford, has said that Januzaj should have gone on to achieve greatness.

Butt told ESPN: 'For me, the biggest disappointment at the club was Adnan Januzaj.

'I don't think I've seen a player, probably since Ryan (Giggs) who was as good as that, he was unbelievable. In my eyes he should have gone to be a world superstar.

'He's still playing professional football and he will have a good career. I'm sure he's a millionaire and he won't be going to bed worrying about what bills he's got to pay, but he should have been a superstar.'

Januzaj joined United as a 16-year-old back in March, 2011 and made his first team-debut in August 2013 after coming off the bench during a 2-0 Community Shield victory over Wigan Athletic.

Nicky Butt has said that Adnan Januzaj could have gone on to become a 'world superstar'. here were big expectations of Adnan Januzaj during his six-year spell at Manchester United. Adnan Januzaj, now 24-years-old, spends time in the La Liga playing for Real Sociedad

Big things were expected of the Belgian winger, who many believed would become a huge success at Old Trafford.

However things didn't go to plan for Januzaj who failed to establish himself as a regular during his six years at the club and was sent away on loan to Borussia Dortmund and then Sunderland, during the 2015-16 and 16-17 seasons.

At United he scored five goals in 63 appearances before joining Real Sociedad on a five year deal in June 2017.

Butt returned to United a coach for the club's reserve team back in 2012 which is where he first met Januzaj.

After filling out various roles at the club he was made head of first-team development in July 2019, reporting directly to manager and his former teammate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7792409/He-world-superstar-Nicky-Butt-reveals-disappointment-Adnan-Januzaj.html
Old 25-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #539
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

After breaking through during David Moyes' torrid spell at Manchester United and once having FIVE countries including England vying for him, Adnan Januzaj is finally starting to fulfil his potential at surprise LaLiga leaders Real Sociedad

* Adnan Januzaj is thriving for Real Sociedad, who are currently top of LaLiga
* The 25-year-old Belgian winger seems to have found his feet in San Sebastian
* Januzaj broke into the Manchester United first-team under David Moyes in 2013
* He signed for Sociedad three years ago and his influence is gradually being felt
* Belgian scored the goal which sealed their qualification for the Europa League

There's a party mood these days in San Sebastian. Real Sociedad are top of the league, going well in the Europa League, and still with last season's Spanish Cup final against Athletic Bilbao to play.

Adnan Januzaj hasn't always been the first to join the fun at the Basque club but on Sunday as the team made it four straight wins and left themselves only one victory away from their best start to a season ever, the 25-year-old former Manchester United winger was the life and soul.

Two mesmerising pieces of skill – one dribble that took him away from two rivals, and one standing cross, almost with no back-lift, that gifted Alexander Isak the only goal of the game – were the highlights and overall only David Silva could match him for his impact on the match.

Adnan Januzaj is the life and soul of Real Sociedad who are surprisingly top of LaLiga currently. The Belgian broke into the Manchester United first-team under David Moyes seven years ago

In a squad full of local boys – 16 of the 23 this season have come through from the youth academy – it would be easy for Januzaj to stay on the fringes.

It doesn't help that he has often appeared to have one eye on an exit, with a move back to England – where he broke into Man Utd's first-team in David Moyes' torrid spell in 2013 – never too far away from the agenda.

His maverick style also occasionally works against him in coach Imanol Alguacil's tightly-drilled unit. But this season it seems he has accepted that there is no better time than now for him to really start fulfilling his potential.

Sunday was only his third league start of the season but he will be hard to drop after such a performance.

'I want to have a good season here,' he told Radio Marca. 'We are in the Europa League and I don't just want to play it, I want to win it and get into the Champions League.'

That positive interview from September also included phrases such as: 'Then we will see how things are'. And 'I want the fans to remember me when I'm gone', but at least he is 100 per cent committed for this campaign.

'Imanol likes to fight with me. I think I've had more rollickings than anyone else in the squad. He is always angry with me but in a good way,' he said of his relationship with the coach.

Alguacil wants Januzaj to have a more consistent impact in games. The Belgian is responding, perhaps in part because he knows his place in the team is by no means assured.

Januzaj hasn't always been fully committed to Sociedad but wants to be a success this year. Sociedad coach Imanol Alguacil (left) wants the winger to have a consistent impact on games

Jet-heeled winger Portu does not have his skill-set but he is direct with good end-product and very few dips in form. And there is no chance both Portu and Januzaj can play because on the other wing Spain international and La Real captain Mikel Oyarzabal needs a place in the side.

Fans are warming to Januzaj too. They are realising that the languid style does not come from a lack of application. 'It's the way I am,' he says. 'It seems that I'm not switched on but that's just my style of play. I am always alert and want to win.'

Real Sociedad have not started as well in the league since they ended up runners-up in 2003. They also have the Europa League to contest and that, in part, is thanks to Januzaj.

Januzaj celebrates after scoring a crucial free-kick against Atletico Madrid last season. Those in and around Sociedad believe the best is yet to come from the 25-year-old Belgian

The 25-year-old was hobbling through the last minutes of the last game of last season when he scored with a deft free-kick that levelled a game against Atletico Madrid - and got Real Sociedad the point that took them into Europe.

'The coach asked me if I was OK and I said yes but I was hurting,' he said of the moment when Alguacil decided to throw him on as a late sub in the final match with a European place slipping away.

'I went on and won the free-kick and scored it. I knew I had to hit it hard and low so it would either go in or take a deflection.'

There is a sense in San Sebastian that the best is yet to come from the winger who was once the player five different nations, including England, were fighting over.

The Belgian international says: 'I know a lot is expected of me because a lot of people believe that I can make the difference.'

He certainly proved that on Sunday, in the 1-0 win over Cadiz that left his team top of the pile after 10 games played.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8981645/After-struggling-Manchester-United-Adnan-Januzaj-fulfilling-potential-Real-Sociedad.html
Old 16-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #540
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Former Manchester United wonderkid Adnan Januzaj - who is still in touch with Fergie - reveals how it turned sour at Old Trafford when Van Gaal didn't show him 'love' and insists Rashford is 'lucky' to have Solskjaer, as he prepares to face his former club

* Manchester United and Real Sociedad clash in the Europa League on Thursday
* Adnan Januzaj faces former club for first time, having left Old Trafford in 2017
* He believes he would have been better off playing under Solskjaer than Van Gaal

It's five years ago this month since Adnan Januzaj last stepped onto the pitch at Old Trafford, coming on as a substitute for Marcus Rashford who had stolen the show with his very first Premier League goals against Arsenal.

Rashford's career at Manchester United was just taking off. Sadly for Januzaj, his time at the club was drawing to a premature close.

He had been the rising star once, also scoring twice on his first league start for United in a win at Sunderland in October 2013.

Disillusioned with life under Louis van Gaal, Januzaj had returned from a difficult loan spell at Borussia Dortmund under an equally tough taskmaster in Thomas Tuchel and knew he had no future in Manchester.

Older and wiser for his experiences at the age of 26, the Real Sociedad winger can reflect on it all as he prepares to face United for the first time in Thursday's Europa League knockout tie on neutral ground in Turin before returning to Old Trafford for next week's second leg.

So does he have a point to prove?

'No, I don't have to prove anything to anyone,' says Januzaj at Sociedad's training ground south of San Sebastian.

'I know my qualities, I know who I am. I don't have to show United or anybody that I'm a good player. I just have to believe in myself.

Adnan Januzaj faces old club Manchester United on Thursday in the Europa League last-32. Real Sociedad winger can reflect on it all as he prepares to face United for the first time

'Regrets? I could say maybe a small regret. Because I know I had the quality to show the people how good I was. That's my regret.'

Januzaj is happy in Spain. He lives in a beachfront apartment and is a regular in a team currently fifth in La Liga. Most of all, he feels the love that was missing earlier in his career.

'When I played my first season at United and came through the academy, people were showing me love. The coaches were letting me enjoy my football,' he says.

'Then obviously when a coach (Van Gaal) comes who doesn't show you love, it gets more difficult to prove yourself and be happy.

'When Sir Alex Ferguson was talking to us, he gave us a bit of hope. "Work hard, your time will come".

Januzaj's breakthrough came under David Moyes, who rewarded him all season with minutes

'Even if you had a bad pass, Van Gaal would shout at you. For young players that isn't good, you have to teach them. A coach is like a teacher, that's what I missed the most.

'It wasn't only to me but also to other young players. To Memphis (Depay) also, he's a great player and you can see he's making a difference with Lyon in France.

'As young players we just had to sit there and wait for our opportunity to play for 10 or 15 minutes. Okay, we can show a glimpse of our quality but you cannot show how good you are.'

Januzaj is still in touch with Ferguson, someone he refers to as the 'father of football', and has kept his house in Hale as well as some city centre apartments.

A close friend of Paul Pogba and Luke Shaw, he accepts that he would have been better off playing under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer rather than Van Gaal who publicly criticised his work ethic in training.

'You can see Ole is really nice and loves the players from the academy. For young players like Marcus they are very lucky to have a coach like that.

'When you are a young boy and you're being criticised for things you never did - the coach's excuse was that I wasn't training very well - I couldn't understand. You play like you train. If I was doing well in games, I don't think I was that bad in training.

Januzaj struggled under Van Gaal, who publicly criticised his work ethic in training. Januzaj believes he would have been better off playing under Solskjaer than Van Gaal

'People had a bad image of me and that's the one regret, that I had lot people questioning my mentality.

'Van Gaal told me at the last minute that I could go on loan and I was rushed off to Germany.

'Maybe I went too early but I just wanted to play football. I didn't want to be sat on the bench for six or seven games in a row.'

Current Chelsea boss Tuchel also questioned Januzaj's attitude after an unproductive loan spell at Dortmund.

'A coach should always protect you as a player, especially when they know you are a player that can make a difference for them,' says Januzaj. 'They should be a bit more chilled about that kind of stuff.

'People were harsh on me because I was a young boy with a lot of quality. It was difficult for me to know what they are doing with me. I'm now 26 and I know this will never happen in my career again.'

After a relegation season at Sunderland - 'I just wanted to get game time even though it wasn't a team that suited my abilities' - the Belgium international made a permanent £9million move from United to Sociedad in 2017 and feels at home in Spain.

Januzaj is still in touch with Sir Alex Ferguson, someone he refers to as the 'father of football'

'I was a bit scared of how I was going to fit in and the lifestyle, but today I'm really chilled and happy here,' he says.

'I've learned a lot in terms of how to behave myself and stay calm. I worked a lot for the past few years on that. Somebody who works in this club helped me to be mentally more relaxed and let my football flow.

'Now people are talking totally differently about me. I never had problems with any coaches, I always work hard and I've got two World Cups in me.

'I will tell you the truth, from my first year at United to now I'm a totally different player. I've changed a lot in terms of quality, confidence and mentality. I'm enjoying my football.

'If you don't enjoy it somewhere, you have to enjoy it somewhere else. Life doesn't stop.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9263595/Real-Sociedad-winger-Adnan-Januzaj-lifts-lid-tough-time-Manchester-United.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 289
4ntdarma, A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, adelberth, AdhiX, adi_Giggsy, adnan44, Agoenk Mancunian, Ahmad Zaini, ailverson, ajier307, akbar15, aldysetiabudi, alfafianjihan, AlfaridziLham, alfiandrmwn, Alin Giggs, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, Aman, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andre mosal, anenk_garcia, Anto MJ, anugrahfirman, apriliandi, ardhani10, Ardhie Nemanja, ardie febrianto, Ardiey11, arix sandy, arizkie, arnaldo_x1, arr.united, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, babol cantona, bangkeek, bangkit, bang_zak, beckz_on7, berlinmendrofa, bhowz, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bombom, bucay deathbat, Bulma, Byyou da silva, caliski_heinz, capt_gunts, Cewek Minus, charlesamahati, chevy solskjaer, chicharito07, chincarito, christof_ww, cie_1, cimbuang69, cimundhadi, clsenz, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dee_vee7, deny Gibson, DeriEdmon17, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, De_Silvia, Dhanny09, dhanz77, Dhie_Cantona07, dhodoadrian, Dian Novita, dododik, Domuraja, dudut, dwi agung, dwi.cleverley23, dwitri27, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, edoardo, edroid, Efri Loebay, ekanata, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, Ereius, eric1986, erwinjayc, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadli embe, fadlysyah, Fajar_, fajrinited, Febri Angga, Febribule, febza, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fickarardana, firza_sevenerz, franklin90, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, ghopoereds, goodfron, goodmin, Gothic, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hamka Husain Pasonai, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, Hendy, HenryRooney07, HRHMU86, iamsetia, iblismerah, id4y, ilyasprawibawa, ilz, Indriagind, ing areese, ipay, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, jie_bazz, jifortin, jjjd, Jodirama, jojo poenya, juju, Juni HW, King_Cantona, Lang25, Legolash, Lucky_Cantona007, LUKIwae, Mahesa_Jenar, malle, man_rooney, marsel david, marviel, mas_ado, matthewsamad, mayarararocks, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, mousetrap, Muhammad Nizar, MuhFher, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, Naen ERROR, NagitaSlavina, nak rodief, nanando, nandz, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, Nickz09, Noe26, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, octus, oldark, Om Juna, Oom Panda, paiman, panda777, penk22_, Popay_UKI04, prahmono, pukimax, Pure_red, Rean, red, Red Army, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, red_devilz, rendhytito, revald, Reza Fahad Sastrakusumah, rich87, rikki, rio vander vidic, rio_sk26, Riskur, Rizkiandi, rizky na, Rizky Sardenzo, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, robin18, ronald hars, Roo10, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, SaifulArmstrong, sanji0ne, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, Septiko Aji, setiawans001, setiawan_roni, seven7, shastro, smile_boy, soedjana HS, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, sulosultan, Supernan, swareksa, syafrudhyn MU, tasho, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, thianRedlovers, Thomas, Trezz Kiko, Triguna Wibawa, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, Uwie_andriana, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, victory II, wahiidt, wahyou91, wazzapoetra, wazza_ampuh, Wengge Schmeichel, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, YoxKie, YRgoFManpm, yudikatip, zacharyel, zan_mufc, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku