United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Lounge

Old 30-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United under Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho curses 'poisoned gift' with crunch Manchester United games falling either side of Europa League tie

* Manchester United are facing a gruelling period of fixtures in October
* Jose Mourinho is unhappy at having to face Liverpool on a Monday night
* United travel to Anfield only three days before playing Fenerbahce
* Trip to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge completes three games in six days

Jose Mourinho bemoaned Manchester United’s ‘poisoned gift’ as he again took aim for a lack of help in Europe.

The United manager faces a huge decision over whether or not to rest key players for a crucial Europa League clash against Fenerbahce next month, sandwiched between trips to Liverpool and Chelsea.

They play Liverpool at Anfield on a Monday night and Mourinho was agitated after Thursday's slender victory against Zorya Luhansk at Old Trafford.

'We have to play seriously in the Europa League,’ he said. ‘We could play Liverpool on the Saturday or the Sunday. We play Liverpool on the Monday.

'We don’t have the best conditions because we play against two top Premier League teams who don’t have European competition.

Jose Mourinho believes the fixture computer could have been kinder to Manchester United

‘We have this poisoned gift with playing on the Monday which gives us a very difficult situation but we want to try to carry on in the competition.

‘I think it’s impossible, the poisoned gift is already there. We just have to play Monday, Thursday and then the Sunday.’

United registered just two shots on target against the Ukrainians, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s header winning it after Wayne Rooney scuffed goalwards.

Mourinho was also involved in a furious exchange with his bench, with assistant Rui Faria appearing to give Paul Pogba incorrect instructions on the touchline.

The Portuguese then strode over to his coaching staff to berate Giovanni Cerra, pointing a finger angrily at the assistant.

Mourinho explained afterwards: 'It was set pieces, organisation, they changed their team before the game.

Mourinho has to prepare his side to face Liverpool on a Monday and Chelsea the next Sunday

Quote:
UNITED'S NEXT FOUR GAMES

Sunday Premier League - Stoke (H) 12pm

Monday 17 Oct - Premier League Liverpool (A) 8pm

Thursday 20 Oct - Europa League Fenerbahce (H) 8pm

Sunday 23 Oct - Premier League Chelsea (A) 4pm
'Paul was a bit confused with the changes and obviously I want my assistants to take care of all the details.'

United's goal was described as 'silly' by Zorya coach Yuriy Vernydub after Rooney shanked an effort onto Ibrahimovic's head.

'Wayne was laughing and saying he made a great assist,' Mourinho said. 'Really he gave me what the team needed at that time, which was a second presence in the box.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3814796/Jose-Mourinho-curses-poisoned-gift-crunch-Manchester-United-games-falling-Europa-League-tie.html
jadwal berat menanti di awal Oktober. akhir pekan harus away ke Pool yg lagi subur2nya, trus midweek menghadapi Fenerbahce di EL lalu away lagi ke SB
Old 06-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #22
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United stars must deal with Jose Mourinho's outbursts, warns former Porto star Deco

* Mourinho has taken his fiery, no-holds-barred approach to Old Trafford
* Luke Shaw, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Jesse Lingard have been singled out
* Former Barcelona and Chelsea star Deco worked with Mourinho at Porto

Deco insists Manchester United’s players need to ‘deal with’ Jose Mourinho’s public criticism if they want to stay at the club.

The Portuguese has taken his fiery, no-holds-barred approach to Old Trafford, which has been questioned.

Luke Shaw got both barrels after being accused of failing to pick up his man when Watford scored in United’s surprise 3-1 defeat.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Jesse Lingard were also singled out following the the Manchester derby defeat to City.

But Deco, who played for Mourinho at Porto, said: ‘If you are playing at a club like Chelsea, United, Barcelona, Madrid — the big clubs — you need to be prepared to do your best. If you want to play at a high level you need to be able deal with everything.’

Jesse Lingard was singled out after being taken off at half-time during the Manchester derby

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (left) and Luke Shaw (right) have both been criticised by Mourinho

Mourinho’s brash approach with his Chelsea players is considered a factor in his demise there.

After leading them to the Premier League title, they started last season badly and Mourinho was gone by Christmas.

Deco, 39, admits he has felt the force of Mourinho’s outbursts but believes it is for the good of players in the long-term.

‘I don't like the coach criticising me,’ he said, laughing, ‘but he knows better than us players and sometimes he does that not to pressure players but to give something different. He knows better than us, he's with them every day and of course the players don't like it but sometimes it works.’

Speaking at Stamford Bridge at the launch of the Star Sixes indoor football tournament on Wednesday, Deco added: ‘At Porto sometimes publicly he did the same thing. It is part of his work, he knows sometimes the player reactions will be different. When you lose and when you are not playing very well you need to improve.

'Whether the coach says it on the media or in the dressing room it is the same thing, when the team is not playing well everyone knows that they need to do better. Maybe Jose knows that when they have lost a few games they need to improve. I don't think it's a problem.’

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3824229/Manchester-United-stars-deal-Jose-Mourinho-s-outbursts-warns-former-Porto-star-Deco.html
Old 07-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera insists bad reviews won't affect Jose Mourinho

* Manchester United have won just one game in their last four league games
* United are five points behind leaders Manchester City after seven games
* Ander Herrera insists that manager Jose Mourinho will remain a winner
* Herrera says it's normal to attract bad reviews when you are a good coach

Jose Mourinho won’t let criticism of Manchester United’s recent form get to him or his players, insists midfielder Ander Herrera.

United’s promising start to the season has stalled after Mourinho’s side picked up just one win in their last four Premier League games, losing to Manchester City and Watford before Stoke snatched a late equaliser at Old Trafford last weekend.

It led to the new United boss referring to himself sarcastically as ‘the worst manager in the history of football’, but Herrera believes the competitive nature of the Premier League means that all the top teams will drop points at some stage.

Ander Herrera says it is normal to attract bad reviews when you are one of the best coaches

‘Mourinho is a winner and will remain a winner,’ said the Spanish midfielder. ‘I don’t think that the bad reviews will affect him at this point.

‘When you are one of the best coaches in the world, it is normal to attract bad reviews if you lose a couple of games. It is inevitable, because that is how it works. But he has made things very clear. I enjoy training and I think Mourinho is one of the best coaches I have ever had in daily work.

‘It is also true that in the Premier League every team loses points. In Spain it is also beginning to happen now, but in England it is nothing new. Manchester City will lose games, so will we, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham also. This is the Premier League.’

United’s faltering form has also placed the likes of Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic under close scrutiny.

But Herrera added: ‘It is the same case as with Mourinho. Everybody is always looking at the best in the world with a magnifying glass and they are criticised more than others.

‘Ibra is giving us a lot. He is a phenomenon. This week he turned 35 and for me his is still among the best two or three strikers in the world without any doubt.

‘As for Rooney, he is our captain and we trust him. He is a player who makes the difference, but the coaches decide the team. Now Juan Mata is playing in his position but, let’s face it, this is football.’

Herrera has earned a regular place playing as a defensive foil to Pogba and been rewarded with his first call-up for Spain at the age of 27 for the World Cup qualifiers away to Italy and Albania.

‘Paul is a very strong, very physical player who shoots with both feet, he can dribble, he can defend – he has it all,’ said the former Athletic Bilbao midfielder. ‘I can then stay back to steal the ball, to keep the position, and from there initiate attacks. I’m fine and I’ll try to provide everything that the manager asks of me.

‘With Mourinho I have also played in attacking positions in the EFL Cup and even scored a goal (against Northampton). I am a team player and I will do whatever he asks of me, but I’m very happy ahead of the defensive line.

‘Now I think I have some consistency. I know I have to keep working to earn Mourinho’s confidence even more, but it is true that I feel good in the new position and it’s also true that maybe that little change of position was what has allowed me to receive a Spain call-up.’

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3825399/Ander-Herrera-insists-bad-reviews-won-t-affect-Jose-Mourinho-following-Manchester-United-s-poor-form.html
Old 18-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jose Mourinho comes out firing following Manchester United's defensive display at Anfield: Liverpool are not the last wonder of the world

* Liverpool and Manchester United played out goalless draw at Anfield
* The home side were subdued by a strong defensive display from United
* United boss Jose Mourinho defended his side's tactics after the match

Jose Mourinho defended his tactics after Manchester United stifled Liverpool on a night of huge anti-climax at Anfield.

It was only the second goalless draw in 25 years and 60 meetings between the two biggest rivals in English football.

But Mourinho was clearly irked by criticism of his team, accusing Liverpool of being just as defensive.

'Liverpool are a very good team,' he said. 'You like to say the last wonder of the world in attacking football, but they are also a team that plays and thinks defensively.

'We stopped them from playing but they also did very well from the defensive point of view. They played Emre Can andJordan Henderson for some reason and did that for 90 minutes. They normally project more players in attack. They were very cautious and kept Can and Henderson in position.

'Last season United won here and Liverpool had 14 shots on target. How many today? Two. Sixty-five per cent possession and two shots. You have to be critical of Liverpool not of us - it's their problem not our problem.'

Mourinho bizarrely reappeared at the post-match press conference to point out that United's own statisticians had worked out that his side had 42 per cent of possession, and not 35 per cent as officially stated.

Jose Mourinho roars instructions from the sideline during his side's clash with Liverpool

'That's what we planned. We knew they wanted to press forward,' he added.

'It was a very difficult game for us and for them - more difficult for them than for us.

'We started really well and were completely in control. We controlled the emotions of the game. We could influence the crowd. They were waiting for an easy match.'

Asked about the performance of referee Anthony Taylor, having risked an FA charge by discussing the pressure on the Manchester-based official before the game, Mourinho replied: 'Can I speak about the referee without being punished? OK. He had a good game and I am happy for him because people with responsibilities put a lot of pressure on him and it was very difficult for him to have a good performance, which he did.'

United goalkeeper David de Gea produced two fantastic saves to deny Can and Phillipe Coutinho in the second half, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic headed United's best chance wide.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said he wasn't surprised by United's negative tactics, saying: 'The game from the first second was very hectic, which maybe was what Man United wanted and what we didn't want. It was to their advantage not ours.

'We lost patience much too early and our passing game wasn't good. We tried everything, only with the wrong tools.

'I didn't expect that we would have 10-15 chances, but De Gea was finally warm and made brilliant saves. That's how he plays when he plays at Liverpool. It was similar last year. He obviously loves games against Liverpool.

'They had that chance with Ibrahimovic that he usually takes but in the second half maybe we would have deserved the win.'

Asked if the cautious way United set up was a compliment to his team, Klopp replied: 'I'm pretty sure the last thing Jose Mourinho wants to do is pay a compliment to my team.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3845664/Jose-Mourinho-comes-firing-following-Manchester-United-s-defensive-display-Anfield-Liverpool-not-wonder-world.html
Old 19-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United will challenge for the title... we're getting stronger under Jose Mourinho, insists Wayne Rooney

* Manchester United drew 0-0 at bitter rivals Liverpool on Monday night
* Result leaves United seventh in the Premier League after eight matches
* Red Devils trail league leaders Manchester City by five points at present

Wayne Rooney is convinced Manchester United will be in the thick of the title race this season as he insisted Jose Mourinho's work is beginning to pay dividends.

Though United showed little attacking verve during Monday's stalemate with Liverpool, Rooney - who came on as a late substitute - felt it was an encouraging performance and can provide the foundation for the rest of the campaign.

It has not been a smooth start to the Mourinho era but, gradually, United are starting to eke out resulted and Rooney insists they can approach a demanding run of assignments - they face Fenerbahce, Chelsea and Manchester City in the next seven days - with confidence on the back of the determined display at Anfield.

Wayne Rooney (left) is adamant Manchester United will challenge for the title this season

Rooney, who is not sure whether he will start against Fenerbahce after several games on the bench, revealed Mourinho hatched a plan to stifle Liverpool and he says the way United executed it shows that the squad is learning and understanding the new manager's methods.

Rooney said: 'He (Mourinho) was just like normal, he knew it was a massive game, probably the biggest game of the season, it was a game we didn't want to lose. We knew it, the manager knew it, but we also wanted to try and win the game. we had a few chances and tried to get a goal, but we stuck to the gameplan well, we just couldn't get that goal.

'I think we'll be challenging this season - we've still got that belief and it is even stronger after working with this manager, and the players over the last few months, I think we've got a fantastic squad, that is ready and capable of challenging.

'This was the toughest game before the Europa League on Thursday then we've got Chelsea and City. It is good for us to have those games in this period, if we can come out of them with positive results it can be the start of something for us this season.'

The United captain believes they are getting stronger under new manager Jose Mourinho

Rooney was in positive spirits even though he only played a bit-part at Anfield and maintains he is 'ready' to start and contribute for whenever Mourinho believes the time is appropriate to put him back in the starting line-up. He is working as he would normally so there can be 'no excuses' if he gets an opportunity.

'I like to think I can play every game, but obviously it's the manger's decision and I respect that,' said Rooney. 'I will be ready when I'm needed. I'm 31 next week, I've got a lot of football left.'

Rooney, meanwhile, insists it is only a matter of time before Paul Pogba fully settles into life back at Old Trafford after a slow start following his £90million move from Juventus, saying: 'Paul is a fantastic player, I think he is working hard and he is doing well, it is a different league to what he's been used to – he didn't really play last time when he was here so this is all new. He is a fantastic player and he will shine for us this season there is no doubt.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3849440/Manchester-United-challenge-title-getting-stronger-Jose-Mourinho-insists-Wayne-Rooney.html
Old 19-10-2016, 09:48 AM   #26
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was not to blame for poor Anfield clash... hosts Liverpool were dreadful during the first half

* Jose Mourinho has come under fire for 'parking the bus' at Liverpool
* Manchester United had just one shot on target and only 35% possession
* Jurgen Klopp's side failed to break United down during Monday's contest

One of the abiding images of Manchester United’s last visit to Anfield before this week was of an irritated Sir Alex Ferguson chuntering feverishly in to the ear of chief executive Ed Woodward in the directors’ box. As Louis van Gaal’s hopeless team succumbed 2-0 in the Europa League last Spring, it was clear what Ferguson was saying.

Ferguson was at Anfield again on Monday and clearly in a better mood. He would not have been any more entertained than the rest of us by a very poor game but the former United manager was at least able to recognise a group of players functioning properly under the command of a proper modern coach.

Manchester United have improved under Mourinho. Admittedly, they were starting from a pretty low ebb but they have improved.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is being criticised for 'parking the bus'

That is why they were able to leave Anfield with a point they deserved against a fancied Liverpool team and that is why, in a poll run by the Manchester Evening News , 82 per cent of supporters said they were happy with what they had seen.

It is these supporters to whom Mourinho is obliged. To them and to the United board and not to the marketing men at Sky Sports who understandably ramped the hype around Monday’s game up to almost unprecedented levels.

Mourinho is a sports coach. His job is to move his team forward and he will do it in his own pragmatic way. This is the man the United board hired. In football, defending was once considered an art form too and on Merseyside the Portuguese showed that some coaches at least have not forgotten that.

Some say the way United played was an affront to the history of the club. They did not have a shot of note on target. That view is understandable but says more about the limitations of United’s squad than it does about the approach of their manager.

Mourinho travelled west on Monday knowing that if his team stood toe to toe with a more confident, in-form Liverpool team then the chances are United would have lost 4-2. Sky would have loved that and so would the rest of us but the poll on the MEN website would have looked very different.

The current United have deep and entrenched limitations, born of poor planning at the back end of the Ferguson era and three seasons of regression under David Moyes and Van Gaal. Mourinho will address these over time and if he can’t manage it then he, too, will be asked to make way.

United have their problems – such as Paul Pogba’s form – but to blame the visitors for this poor game is unfair and inaccurate. They were competitive.

There has been little criticism of Liverpool simply, it seems, because they finished the game strongly and brought two good saves from David de Gea. But it was all relative to how dreadful they had been during a first half that actually saw United begin as the more aggressive and assertive side.

Jurgen Klopp’s team were strong favourites but it was the Liverpool players who failed to carry out their coach’s plan. On the whole the failure was theirs and what was apparent once again with Liverpool – just as it was under Brendan Rodgers – was the absence of a Plan B – of another way of playing – when things aren’t going well.

On Radio Two they described the game as the worst football match of all time and played a highlights package that lasted 16 seconds and comprised commentary only of De Gea’s two saves.

It was all very amusing and captured the prevailing mood of disappointment very well. But when you think about it, we the viewers and listeners were victims of our own lack of perspective ahead of kick-off.

This is sport and as such it should never be taken for granted. Sometimes the unexpected happens. Equally, sometimes nothing happens.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3848298/Manchester-United-manager-Jose-Mourinho-not-blame-poor-Anfield-clash-hosts-Liverpool-dreadful-half.html
Old 25-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #27
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United have not been convincing under his leadership and Chelsea were abject last season... are Jose Mourinho's powers waning?

* Jose Mourinho has endured a difficult run as Manchester United manager
* The Red Devils were thumped 4-0 by former club Chelsea on Sunday
* United are without a Premier League win in three matches
* Mourinho has enjoyed an illustrious career across the continent
* It may be too soon to say the Portuguese's flame has burned out entirely
* But what has gone wrong so far and how can he rectify the situation?

Longevity should never be taken for granted in football. Wayne Rooney is discovering that the fires can burn out more quickly than expected. The question is: Are we watching Jose Mourinho suffer in the same way?

It is far too early to make this call. At Real Madrid, they asked the same question of the Portuguese coach and at the end of his second season, he took Barcelona's La Liga title away from them by nine points.

Nevertheless, Manchester United's early season form under the 53-year-old has not been convincing.

Jose Mourinho has found life difficult in his role as Manchester United manager of late

The performance of Mourinho's team has not consistently done enough to completely dispel suggestions hanging over from his catastrophic denouement at Chelsea last season that his powers were on the wane.

Equally interesting is the fact that some people at Old Trafford have been a little underwhelmed by the version of Mourinho that walked through the door as a replacement for Louis van Gaal.

Mourinho has always managed by personality, as much as anything. In that way, he is not dissimilar to United icon Sir Alex Ferguson. But so far his time at United has been notable for the absence of the almost intangible charisma that so characterised his first spell in the Premier League.

All managers change. They have to. Certainly Ferguson did. Indeed, the brilliant opening credits to Match of the Day 2 on Sunday night featured Mourinho accentuating this.

'I change,' said Mourinho. 'There is something that didn't change, which is the happiness to work, the desire to win, the feelings after defeat. But I change.

Mourinho struggled as Chelsea boss last season; are his powers on the wane?

'More experience, more maturity. I question my methods every day and my methods have always an evolution.

'What drives me is the pleasure of life, the pleasure of life for me is my football. But I change.'

Mourinho was hired to bring life back to United after the draining tenure of Van Gaal.

He was hired, essentially, to do what he has traditionally been good at and so far that has not happened.

At times, his remarkable ability to pick, organise and drive a team has been on show.

The excellent draw United took from a visit to Liverpool at the beginning of last week was an example of this.

In the eyes of some United staff, however, there has been an absence of that special something that so often set Mourinho apart from the many who have competed against him over the years and lost.

Back in the day, employees at United's Carrington training ground used to know that all was well with the world when they heard Ferguson's more than passable singing voice drifting down the corridors on a wet Manchester Wednesday.

Those same staff are still getting to know Mourinho and, in many ways, are still waiting for the hurricane to arrive.

After the club arrived home from a pre-season trip to China, the manager's mood was described as being a little 'flat' and informed sources suggest that little has changed since.

Mourinho would probably argue that these are early days.

He was only 41 when he first arrived at Chelsea in the summer of 2004. Time changes everybody.

But what is clear is that Mourinho needs to find some of his erstwhile magic dust pretty soon if he is to move United forwards again in a Premier League campaign that, fortunately for him, has shown itself to lack an outstanding team so far.

Sunday's 4-0 defeat by his old club at Stamford Bridge will have embarrassed Mourinho but will have worried seasoned United watchers because it contained elements of problems that dogged the team last season under Van Gaal, namely aimless periods of possession and big name players under-performing.

The debate about Paul Pogba's indifferent play has swirled for a while, but he can be now be joined by Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the 'jury is out' folder.

What, meanwhile, of another player signed by Mourinho this summer, the Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan?

Some of United's indifference can be attributed to mistakes of the past. The current Old Trafford squad comprises far too many players seen as 'ifs, buts and maybes' and the manager has little choice other than to work with them until the new transfer windows roll around.

But this was always Mourinho's magic trick, the art of dragging the very best from what he has. He started that at Porto in 2002 and it was this art form that he brought to Chelsea and beyond.

Every manager likes to present a new face to the world occasionally but right now what United need is a flash of the old one.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3868456/Manchester-United-not-convincing-leadership-Chelsea-abject-season-Jose-Mourinho-s-powers-waning.html
Old 26-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jose Mourinho sends tailored text messages to Manchester United stars ahead of big games as he looks to arrest slide in EFL Cup clash with City

* Jose Mourinho has kept up a positive attitude despite the Chelsea loss
* The Manchester United manager texts his players before big games
* United face Manchester City in the EFL Cup on Wednesday night at home

Manchester United stars can expect a rousing text message from Jose Mourinho ahead of Wednesday’s crunch derby against City as he looks to arrest their frustrating form.

The United boss has kept up a charm offensive with his players despite a disappointing run of results in the Premier League.

He has retained a positive attitude around his players at training and sends tailored messages of support in a bid to galvanise the squad ahead of big games, which Manchester City in the EFL Cup has now become.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho sends pre-match text messages to his players

The Portuguese is also believed to be jovial on the team bus ahead of matches to cajole additional team spirit.

That worked ahead of last Monday’s gritty draw at Liverpool - Mourinho impressed with the dedication to his strategy at Anfield. His game plan away at old employers Chelsea was undone within 30 seconds, however.

Mourinho did not pinpoint specific individuals at Stamford Bridge, although has publicly scolded Luke Shaw and Jesse Lingard in his opening few weeks in charge. Sportsmail understands both players took the criticism on the chin.

Mourinho’s start to life at Old Trafford has not been smooth, with just one win in his last half-a-dozen league games and United now six points adrift of Pep Guardiola’s City.

He was visibly unhappy with deficiencies directly leading to Chelsea goals during the 4-0 weekend humbling in the capital.

‘We made an incredible defensive mistake,’ he said of Pedro’s first-minute opener. ‘I have to say incredible in capitals.’

United’s squad have been criticised for folding in London and their boss should remind them of the chance to make amends when City arrive at Old Trafford for the EFL Cup clash.

City themselves are going through a sticky patch having not won for a month in all competitions.

It means Mourinho and Guardiola may turn back on plans to rest some of their more important performers after both managers said last week that the EFL Cup is low down in their list of priorities.

But victory on Wednesday night would represent a significant lift for either side after indifferent spells.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3870244/Jose-Mourinho-sends-tailored-text-messages-Manchester-United-stars-ahead-big-games-looks-arrest-slide-EFL-Cup-clash-City.html
Old 26-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #29
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

Mungkin mou hrs punya staff khusus yg mengurusi masalah mental bertanding dan meningkatkan motivasi pemain yaa..

Atau jangan2 selama ini emg udh ada divisi ini di united?

Ataukah emang hal2 di atas biasanya dilakukan para manager langsung?
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #30
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho dedicates derby win to fans: My heart belongs to them

* Manchester United defeated Manchester City 1-0 in EFL Cup fourth-round
* Juan Mata's 54th minute strike secured hard-fought victory for United
* Jose Mourinho's side will face West Ham in the quarter-final of the EFL Cup

Jose Mourinho won the Manchester derby to clinch a place in the quarter-finals of the EFL Cup and admitted that he picked a full-strength team to make up for Sunday’s humiliation at the hands of his old club Chelsea.

Mourinho refused to follow the example of Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and call up his reserves, and was rewarded with a 1-0 win thanks to Juan Mata’s second-half strike.

The Manchester United manager dedicated the win to the club’s fans and said he hoped it would wipe away the stain of a crushing 4-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho bows to the supporters after the final whistle

Mourinho makes '4-0' with his hands in reference to his side's heavy defeat by Chelsea

‘This was a good chance to clean that feeling because it’s always a derby and it’s a knockout,’ said Mourinho, who used his programme notes to apologise to ‘all of the Manchester United fans around the world’ on behalf of his team.

‘To win against Manchester City gives us a better feeling. I’m happy for the players and especially happy for the fans.’

Asked if the Chelsea match influenced his team selection on Wednesday night, Mourinho replied: ‘Yeah. Everything in the last week went against us because the fans felt such a deeply negative result.

‘We were not on a bad run of results. In the last seven we lost one. But it was a big defeat, numbers that the history of this club doesn’t deserve.

‘When I am at a club my heart belongs to the fans. I felt especially deeply for them. The reality is that I never had people like these ones. We lost 4-0 and they were supportive. Today the stadium was full of real support and it looks like the love for the club is bigger than bad results and three bad seasons.

‘We must give something back and today, independent of the result, we could lose and I would have the same feeling for my players. They gave absolutely everything. In a very difficult run of matches – Liverpool, Fenerbahce, Chelsea, City – they gave absolutely everything. I think they deserved (it).

‘Even if today we lost because the feeling was fantastic because the players showed they really care. They fought for the fans.’

Former Chelsea midfielder Mata was also desperate to atone for Sunday’s performance.

He said: ‘It was very important to win after the defeat in London. A derby is always very difficult to play but there was much improvement.

‘I think we left everything on the pitch. It was a bad game against Chelsea and we knew we had to be strong in our minds against City.’

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3876448/Manchester-United-manager-Jose-Mourinho-dedicates-derby-win-fans.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 59
Aba_MaczUnited, ahmad nawawi, alfafianjihan, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, bang_zak, Blacklist7, Ceratin75, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, dhodoadrian, eyeofday, ferly_Liemz, finza_13, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, Hand_rooney, haryo adi n, id4y, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, Kharisma Yulia, marsel david, NdeGue, Nunki abrahman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, reza willya, Ribow, Rijat, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, Sean3, simamora16, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, Uwie_andriana, Van_Munandar, victory II, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku, Zulfan