United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 11-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #231
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Jesse Lingard

LONG READ: JESSE LINGARD'S UNITED STORY

Manchester United Academy programme adviser Tony Whelan tells the unique story of Jesse Lingard, and how the "kid from Warrington" became a flag bearer for the Reds’ youth system…

"He’s always had that twinkle in his eye, has Jesse Lingard. The impish smile, too. There’s always something going on. You’re never too far away from something happening.

"I came to Manchester United in 1990 as a part-time coach brought in by Brian Kidd. I then joined the Academy as a full-time member of staff in 1998, so I’ve seen the journeys of quite a lot of players in that time. This particular young man is a gem. Not only as a footballer, but as a human being, probably one of the best players I’ve had the privilege to coach; such a charming, mischievous young man and a joyous young player. He’s very, very likeable. He’s had a journey, as all players have, but Jesse’s journey to where he is now is unique. The fact that he is the boy he is just makes his journey even better.

HOW JESSE JOINED US

"Jesse came into the football club under a gentleman who has recently retired, Mike Glennie. He came through the development centres to the Academy and worked through all the age groups up to Under-16s. He got himself a scholarship, came into our full-time programme, the Manchester United Schoolboy Scholarship – MANUSS for short – at the end of his Under-14 year. That was our first year, 2007/08. He was one of the first players that came into that new programme, so he was pioneering. He had to make a big sacrifice to do it, too. Warrington isn’t far away, but he still had to leave home and move into digs, which is always a big deal for any young player.

"When we started the full-time MANUSS programme, we were obviously discussing which players would be selected, because obviously not everybody on our books could make it. Jesse’s name came up all the time and people – not within the football club but in general – were saying that he was so small and delicate, he might not be able to cope with the training and so on and so forth. But Jesse made you want to sign him up. His attitude and his personality made it happen, and it’s to Brian McClair’s eternal credit that he supported the decision to bring Jesse in.

BIDING HIS TIME

"He played down a year, so when he was an Under-16, he was in with the Under-15s. Even when he went full-time he was still playing with the Under-16s. There was a big gap between him and the older boys, so in some of the games he didn’t play, simply because he wouldn’t have been able to get around the field and cope with the physical demands. He understood that. The thing about Jesse is that he was able to get his head around it and deal with it, and trust us to get it right.

"We had to not play him in certain games, play him in others and bring him off to rest him at times, but he was able to deal with that. Some players just can’t get their heads around it. Jesse did. It wasn’t easy, but he had the patience, intelligence and trust in the coaching staff to know that those decisions were made in his best interests, that we were keeping him in cotton wool because we knew at some point he was going to grow. At some point all that ability would be able to come out.

"So he went through all of that, went out on various loan spells, went on pre-season tours, finally got to make his debut - and then he injured his knee. He was out for months.

RECOVERY PROVED HIS RESILIENCE

"During his long injury lay-off, I used to see Jesse hobbling into the Aon Training Complex. Knowing that he couldn’t train or play, knowing the boy he was and how much he loved to play, how energetic he was, it hurt to see him like that. You can’t help but get attached to players, especially a lad like Jesse. Seeing him so down was hard to watch.

"I’ll always remember going down to St George’s Park for an event during Jesse’s recuperation. I bumped into Gareth Southgate, who at that point, was England’s Under-21 manager. We had a conversation about Jesse, who had played for the Under-21s. Gareth asked how he was. I said that I’d seen him a few times and he’d looked a bit down. That was that. It turns out that Gareth rang him, just to give him a bit of a lift, and now Jesse is in Gareth’s senior England team. There’s a lovely symmetry about all that.

"It’s testament to Jesse’s resilience, determination and strength of character that he has been through all that and played his way into the England squad. To overcome his lack of physicality, to have the patience and determination to recover from that, and to then dig in and come back from such a serious injury, all of those things show outstanding qualities.

"Jesse has great technical ability, athleticism and intelligence, of course, but people who think becoming a footballer is all about talent are wide of the mark. Of course you need talent, but you also need a strong character, resilience, a willingness to just dig in at times and deal with disappointments and adversities. He’s overcome all those things and in the end, that’s where it all comes together.

WARRINGTON BOY TO WEMBLEY HERO

"For Jesse, it all came together at the 2016 FA Cup final.

"I remember being a young boy and seeing how magical it was for any player to score the winning goal in an FA Cup final. To have that happen to somebody you know is just an incredibly special feeling.

"What a goal, by the way. That superb technique and timing had been there when he was just a kid. We’d seen that kid grow up through the Academy, seen his talent nurtured, seen it come through and come to fruition, and we’d just seen the ultimate expression of that talent in an FA Cup final with a sensational, dramatic winning goal. The kid from Warrington had won the Cup. It’s very, very humbling in that moment to think: 'I know that boy, and he knows me.' And that’s part of the charm of Jesse’s story as well: it includes a lot of people.

"The trophy was important, of course, but for a lot of people at the club, it was more than that. Jesse’s winner gave everybody in the Academy a great lift. It made us feel so proud of him as a person because we understood what his journey had been and what sacrifices he’d made, how he’d overcome his injury. The fact that he’s the boy he is, well, that was the icing on the cake.

THE STAFF BEHIND JESSE'S SUCCESS

"It’s not just the coaches who are involved in player development. People misunderstand that. It’s people in the office – Clare Nicholas and Marie Beckley who do all the admin – it’s the whole medical staff, it’s the kit managers ensuring their kit is right, it’s Dave Price driving them around, it’s Dave Bushell looking after their education and welfare.

"Of course, it’s also the likes of Eamon Mulvey, our Foundation-stage head coach, and you think about the people who took the kids in when they were really young, took them into the development centres, people like Mike Glennie and Kevin Ward, and you think: 'What was it like for them?' The same goes for the people at our partner school at Ashton-on-Mersey. A lot of the teachers who taught Jesse are still at the school, and they’re watching him on telly. To witness a young boy reach the end of the journey, to become a professional and score a goal at that level, of that magnitude, in such an iconic match, in such a way. The drama, the quality, everything. It goes beyond words.

"You really do get a sense of paternal pride. No question. It works the other way too. When a homegrown player leaves, it hurts. It’s very much like how I felt about my children when they left home. There’s a sense of loss because you’ve had them for so long. So when you see them thriving in the first team at Manchester United, it really is paternal pride.

"Of course, the other thing to throw in is that, over the years, you get to know their families. We really got to know Jesse’s mum over the years, and his grandad, who was an immense support to him when he was younger. You think of them and wonder: “If we feel this good, how must they feel?” It’s a shared thing. They must feel incredible to see him doing so well at this moment in time.

INSPIRING OTHERS

"We would hope that Jesse's example inspires other players in the Academy. We can point to them and say that it wasn’t that long since he was sitting where you’re sitting, doing the same things you’re doing, up to all the same tricks and mischief, making the same mistakes you’re making, and he worked his way through it and got on with it because at the end of the day he wanted to be a footballer, wanted to pay the price, make the sacrifice. That’s the thing: some people want to be footballers or achieve things in life, but they’re not prepared to actually make the sacrifices, do the hard work that people don’t see. He was certainly prepared to do that, no question.

"After Sir Matt Busby came to the club in 1945, Manchester United was predicated on the development of homegrown players. Jesse’s success is following in the footsteps of the Busby Babes, the Class of ’92, and that line, that legacy, is continuing, and he’s one of the gems in it.

"So is Marcus Rashford, and what really resonated with me was seeing them both play in the Europa League final in Stockholm last May. Two Academy boys helping this club win a European trophy, the one trophy we hadn’t won. For them to share in that together, knowing each other’s journey, and us knowing it what those boys had to go through to get to where they’re at, was wonderful. Recently they both played for England against Brazil at Wembley. It just makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

"It’s always special when you see a young boy come through the programme and achieve something. When I think of Jesse Lingard, I just think of a young kid who loves playing football and loves being with his mates. But Jesse isn’t a kid anymore. He’s a role model, a standard bearer. I think when he plays, he represents all that is good about football and all that is good about this football club: that love of the game.

"When he was in the MANNUS programme he was also an ambassador. He had to be. Don’t get me wrong, any player at this football club is an ambassador. You don’t sign up to that in an intellectual or conscious way but that’s exactly what you are. Jesse though, he loves the football club, he loves football. He loves playing it. He’s been at this football club for two-thirds of his life. Most of his lifetime. His memories, his mindset, his whole being is associated with Manchester United.

ENJOYMENT AND ENTHUSIASM

"I was privileged to have played under Sir Matt Busby before he retired and I always remember his message. It was a very simple mantra: make sure you pass the ball to a red shirt, and enjoy your football. You train hard all week, so just go out there and play. Don’t worry about the environment or the opposition; you have the support of your team-mates and you’re playing for a wonderful football club. Play without fear. Enjoy it.

"That’s just Jesse, isn’t it? From the day he first walked into this football club at seven years of age, he always had a smile on his face. He always loved playing, always loved the game, always had enormous enthusiasm. You never had to ask him to work hard, and in some ways he’s inspired the coaches with his love of the game and love of the ball.

"This is a special club. There have been special people here who have been the bastions of the youth development programme. Sir Matt, Jimmy Murphy, Sir Alex Ferguson… we continue to carry the banner in the youth department today, hoping to produce the next generation of players who are homegrown, who joined us from school, who will get in the first team. We have to believe that we can continue to do it. When you see people like Jesse and Marcus doing it now, it’s a great inspiration for us to carry on the work and an amazing inspiration for the young players who are here already.

"Jesse still comes to watch the young boys play if they’re at the Aon Training Complex of an afternoon or on a Saturday morning or Sunday morning. He’ll pop over and say hello, and I know that means a lot to the part-time coaches who’ve had him, that remember him. The fact that he’s able to do that and still remember his roots is a wonderful thing and testimony to the way he’s been brought up here. He might be an established first teamer with major trophies and England caps, but to us, he’s the same mischievous lad with the twinkle in his eye."

Tony Whelan was talking to ManUtd.com features editor Steve Bartram.
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #232
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

LINGARD TARGETING MORE FA CUP GOALS

Jesse Lingard is targeting more goals for Manchester United in this year’s Emirates FA Cup, after scoring in each of the previous rounds.

The England international registered a vital 84th-minute strike in the third round against Derby County, and netted against Yeovil Town in the next stage of the competition.

Lingard is enjoying his most prolific scoring season for the club and has contributed 12 goals already. Despite that, he is still a little short of the target he set himself at the beginning of the campaign.

“It’s a private target and I’m close,” he told MUTV, “but there are plenty more games to go before the end of the season.

“My main objective this season is to score more goals and I’ve been doing that, so hopefully that can carry on into the cup."

Lingard has a history of scoring goals in the FA Cup, and most famously netted the winner in the 2016 final, as the Reds beat Crystal Palace.

The 25-year-old is hoping that he and his United team-mates can once again win the world’s oldest cup competition, but knows that Huddersfield will be tough opposition this weekend in West Yorkshire.

“We’ve played against them at their stadium already this season and we’ve seen what the atmosphere is like and how aggressive they are,” said Lingard.

The Terriers deployed a physical approach when the sides met two weeks ago at Old Trafford, and Alexis Sanchez, in particular, was on the receiving end of some robust tackles from David Wagner’s men. The Chilean was fouled on seven occasions during their last meeting, more than any player in a Premier League game this season.

“We dealt with the aggression last time we played them so I don’t see why we can’t deal with it this time out,“ added Lingard.

United’s fifth-round tie away to Huddersfield kicks off at 17:30 GMT and will be shown live in the UK on BT Sports 2. Exclusive pre-match build-up will begin on MUTV at 15:30 GMT.

Old 18-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #233
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

LINGARD: UNITED SHOWED CHARACTER IN CUP WIN

Jesse Lingard felt Manchester United showed strength of character to progress to the Emirates FA Cup semi-finals with a 2-0 win over Brighton & Hove Albion at Old Trafford on Saturday.

The Reds knew victory over the Seagulls was vital to keep alive the prospect of some end-of-season silverware after the disappointing Champions League defeat to Sevilla in midweek.

Man of the Match Nemanja Matic delivred the cross for Romelu Lukaku to open the scoring with his 25th goal of the season, before the Serbian himself headed home late in the second half to secure the Reds' passage to the last-four tie at Wembley.

And Lingard, who, like Matic, enjoys scoring in the FA Cup after bagging two in the cup journey so far this season, admitted the win was all that mattered after the midweek loss.

"They [Brighton] sat back and hit us on the counter-attack a few times, which we were obviously aware of before the match, but we knew we needed to win tonight and we got the win, which was the most important thing," he said.

"Of course [confidence took a knock after Tuesday night]. It's always difficult for a team to be knocked out of a competition, but we showed the character tonight to bounce back and not let anything faze us."

Lukaku opened the scoring shortly before half-time and Lingard was full of praise for his top-scoring team-mate and close friend.

"We know what he possesses and he has that presence up front for us," Jesse said. "He's that lone man who holds the ball up well for us. For him to score that many goals at this time of the season is great."

United's semi-final opponents will be revealed in Sunday evening's draw and Lingard feels the fact the last-four ties are played at the home of football makes them even more special.

"Yes, of course [it's always good to go back to Wembley]," he added. "Semi-finals are always big and it's like the final, you could say, at a neutral ground, so we're excited and we'll see who we get in the draw,"he continued.

"Any opportunity to win a trophy is always good for the team and the fans, so if we can get a trophy out of the season, it'll be good.

"The semi-final keeps everyone motivated and we have something to look forward to, but saying that, in the Premier League, we need to maintain that second spot and keep the pressure on at the top."

www.manutd.com
Old 30-03-2018, 04:22 PM   #234
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Lingard Ingin Ikuti Jejak Kelas '92
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Manchester - Pemain-pemain kelas 1992 telah menorehkan sejarah di Manchester United. Jesse Lingard ingin generasinya bisa meniru pendahulunya itu dengan meraih banyak trofi.

Kelas '92 MU melahirkan pemain-pemain top macam David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville dan Phil Neville. Mereka telah meraih gelar-gelar di kompetisi bergengsi, termasuk saat mengukir treble di 1999.

Saat ini, skuat Setan Merah diisi sejumlah pemain dari tim mudanya. Mereka adalah Lingard, Marcus Rashford, dan Paul Pogba. Sekalipun ketiganya sempat berpisah saat Pogba berkarier selama empat musim bersama Juventus sebelum akhirnya kembali ke Old Trafford setahun lalu.

Ketiganya telah membantu MU menjuarai Piala Liga dan Liga Europa di 2016/17. Koleksi gelar juara itu bisa bertambah karena MU berhasil lolos ke semifinal Piala FA.

"Itu semua tentang membuat sejarah baru tapi Anda bisa melihat tim dengan Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Gary Neville, dan lain-lain, dan Anda melihat apa yang sudah mereka raih. Sudah sewajarnya seperti aku, Marcus, dan Paul mencoba menirunya dan memenangi banyak trofi," kata Lingard kepada Football Focus, yang dilansir ESPNFC.

"Mereka datang dari tim muda bersama-sama, tapi tim [muda]ku terpencar, jadi memiliki pemuda seperti Marcus di tim dengan Paul, mengingat dia sudah berada di sini sejak berusia 16 tahun, kami hanya ingin mencoba dan menyamai apa yang sudah mereka [kelas '92] lakukan."

Lingard sedang menikmati performa yang cukup oke. Pesepakbola berusia 25 tahun ini telah mencetak 13 gol dan lima assist di seluruh kompetisi untuk MU, walau sebagian besar dibuatnya dari bangku cadangan.

"Aku bermain bagus di tur pramusim tapi kemudian aku tidak bermain di beberapa bulan awal musim. Memang selalu berat menjalani periode itu, Anda harus berusaha dan membuat dampak dan Anda selalu harus siap," sambung pemain internasional Inggris ini.

"Aku sabar dan aku sudah tahu pada akhirnya aku akan mendapatkan kesempatanku. Sekarang aku merasa nyama dengan diri sendiri dan lingkunganku sehingga membuatku bisa bermain lepas. Konsistensi, gol-gol, dan assist -- hal-hal itu meningkatkan kepercayaan diri Anda dan membuat manajer berpikir bahwa dia tidak bisa mencadangkan Anda."
Old 30-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #235
Andi Istiabudi
manager

JESSE: REDS READY FOR FINAL PUSH

Jesse Lingard says the Manchester United players are raring to go for the last few weeks of the season following the final international break of 2017/18.

Lingard was one of the Reds’ star performers during the most recent pre-World Cup friendlies, netting his first goal for England, in the 1-0 win over the Netherlands, and creating Jamie Vardy’s opener against Italy at Wembley.

Attentions now turn to the last six weeks of the campaign as Jose Mourinho’s men look to cement second place and seek FA Cup glory, and Lingard says the whole squad is ready for one more big push.

“We’re always ready,” he told MUTV. “As a player you just enjoy playing and you want to play every minute of each and every game you can. There is a lot of motivation for us as a team to go and win the FA Cup and maintain that second place in the league.

“We get days here and there to recover and that helps keep you sharp and after this break everyone is raring to go now.”

Lingard reflected on a memorable trip away with England before looking ahead to Saturday’s Premier League clash with Swansea City at Old Trafford, insisting only victory will do for the Reds.

“It’s vital. Obviously we’ve had ups and downs this season but when you win games it gives everyone that lift and if we can do that at the weekend it will stand us in good stead for the next one,” he added.

“I feel in good form at the moment and I know I’ve got to take that onto the pitch again, week in, week out. I want to show the fans and the manager what I can do.

“On a personal level being away with England was a successful trip. I played both games, contributed with a goal and assist. It was a big boost for me and personally it’s good to help the team.

“You’ve got to work hard in training,” he continued, as he focused on United matters. “That’s the main thing and if you do that and you’re picked for the game you’ve got to replicate that on the pitch. That’s what I’ve been trying to do this season and on a personal level it’s been going well.”

www.manutd.com
Old 05-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #236
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Tatap Derby Manchester, Lingard: MU Mesti Main dengan Pede
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Manchester - Manchester United tak boleh terpengaruh dengan potensi juara Manchester City di derby Manchester. Bermain dengan percaya diri akan jadi kunci kemenangan MU.

MU akan bertandang ke Etihad, Sabtu (7/4/2018). Itu akan menjadi laga superpenting bagi City yang akan memastikan gelar juara Premier League apabila meraih angka penuh. Namun, MU jelas tidak akan membiarkannya. Tidak dihadapan mereka sebagai musuh bebuyutan.

Di pertemuan pertama kedua klub di kandang MU awal musim ini, City berjaya dengan skor 2-1. Namun, the Citizens baru saja menerima pukulan keras usai dibenamkan Liverpool 0-3, yang mengecilkan peluang lolos ke semifinal Liga Champions.

Pemain tengah MU Jesse Lingard tengah dalam performa apik dengan torehan delapan gol dan empat assist dari 27 penampilannya di Premier League. Lingard meminta MU agar tidak terpengaruh dengan potensi juara tim lawan.

"Kami pernah bermain di sana sebelumnya dan tampil bagus jadi aku yakin kami bisa melakukannya lagi. Pikiran para pemain harus jernih dan kami harus 100 persen fokus pada pekerjaan kami dan mendapatkan tiga angka, karena untuk itulah kami bermain," Lingard mengungkapkan kepada Sky Sports.

"Kami harus bermain dengan kepercayaan diri dan tanpa rasa gentar. Kalau kami bisa, kami akan memenangi pertandingan dan mendapatkan tiga angka. Kami tahu ini adalah pertandingan penting tapi kepercayaan diri adalah faktor yang penting juga," lanjut dia.

"Anda harus melihatkan sebagai sebuah pertandingan biasa, karena kalau Anda membiarkan hal-hal lain masuk akan bisa memengaruhi penampilan Anda. Jadi Anda harus memperlakukannya seperti pertandingan biasa. Anda memiliki para pemain yang memberi 100 persen dan selama kami tampil oke, kami bisa mendapatkan tiga poin," simpul pemain internasional Inggris itu.
Old 20-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #237
Andi Istiabudi
manager

LINGARD RUES FIRST WEMBLEY LOSS

Jesse Lingard wants to ensure his next medal with Manchester United is a winner's one after experiencing the pain of being a cup final runner-up for the first time on Saturday evening.

Lingard was the match-winner two seasons ago as the Reds won the FA Cup at Crystal Palace's expense, but this year he and his team-mates were on the losing side in the final against Chelsea.

The Blues won the competition for the eighth time in their history thanks to Eden Hazard’s 22nd-minute penalty, which ultimately proved to be the difference between the sides.

“It’s always going to be hard when you see the other team lifting a trophy,” said Lingard.

“When you have to walk up those stairs and collect the runners-up medal, it’s hard. It’s my first time doing it and hopefully I won’t be doing it again.”

Despite losing the game, United’s number 14 believes the Reds were the better side during the 90 minutes.

“We were dominant in the way we played and we created a lot of chances. Chelsea didn’t create as many chances as us, but the luck just didn’t fall our way today."

Despite the season ending in disappointment, Lingard has enjoyed probably his best campaign in a red shirt on a personal level and he is confident that United will improve next season.

“Each season we’re going to progress,” he said.

“A lot of teams go through transition periods and we’ll progress for next season. We’ll pick ourselves up and go again. We have to reflect on our season and look back on the highs and the lows. We'll look back and see where we can improve and push ourselves to do better next season.”

Lingard now has a week off before he meets up with his England colleagues ahead of the World Cup in Russia.

“It’s my first World Cup," he said. "Obviously I’ll go into it with confidence after the season I’ve had, so hopefully we can do well.”

www.manutd.com
Old 31-05-2018, 12:01 AM   #238
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Lingard Lebih Nyaman Main di Timnas Ketimbang Bareng MU
Yanu Arifin - detikSport

Manchester - Jesse Lingard mengaku lebih nyaman bermain untuk Timnas Inggris daripada Manchester United. Ia mengaku bermain di timnas lebih membuatnya tertantang.

Lingard akan berangkat ke Rusia untuk membela Inggris di Piala Dunia 2018. Ia masuk lantaran bermain apik di MU sepanjang musim ini.

Sepanjang musim 2017/2018, Lingard bisa mencetak 13 gol dan tujuh assist dari 48 penampilan. Tak cuma di level klub, ia juga tampil apik di timnas dengan bisa mencetak gol perdana bagi The Three Lions saat mengalahkan Belanda 1-0 Maret lalu.

Penampilan impresifnya di MU atau Inggris membuat Lingard harus membandingkannya. Ia mengaku lebih senang bermain untuk timnas karena lebih tertantang.

"Saya sebenarnya lebih merasa nyaman ketika bermain untuk Inggris daripada MU. Setiap pertandingan, anda harus bermain dengan tanpa rasa takut," kata Jesse saat diwawancara GQ Magazine yang dilansir ESPN.

Lingard sendiri tak mau terbebani saat tampil di Piala Dunia 2018 yang menjadi pengalaman pertamanya. Ia mengaku ingin menikmati setiap menitnya bermain dengan jersey negara sendiri.

"Ini salah satu puncak karir Anda sebagai pemain dan ini akan menjadi Piala Dunia pertama saya, jadi saya harus menikmati setiap menitnya, entah itu saat jadi starter atau saat harus membuat dampak ketika masuk dari bangku cadangan," tambahnya.

"Dan saya sungguh berpikir kami akan tampil dengan baik karena semangat tim yang kami miliki," ia menegaskan.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #239
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Jesse Lingard admits to feeling 'more comfortable' playing for England than Manchester United as he gears up for first major international tournament

* Jesse Lingard is 'more comfortable' playing for England than Manchester United
* The midfielder is preparing to go to Russia as part of Gareth Southgate's squad
* He is expected to play a crucial role for England at this summer's tournament
* Lingard is coming off the back of his best season at Old Trafford with 13 goals

Jesse Lingard has revealed he feels 'more comfortable' playing for England than he does for club Manchester United.

The midfielder is currently preparing to travel to Russia as part of Gareth Southgate's Three Lions World Cup squad.

He is expected to play a crucial role for England this summer, coming off the back of his best season at Old Trafford that saw him score 13 goals in 48 games.

However, Lingard has admitted he feels much more at ease in the white of England than under Jose Mourinho.

'I actually feel more comfortable when I play for England than United. Every game, you've got to play with no fear,' Lingard told GQ Magazine.

England face Belgium, Panama and Tunisia in the group stage of the tournament and Lingard believes they've got the potential to reach the latter stages.

'It's one of the pinnacles of your career as a player and it will be my first World Cup so I've got to enjoy every minute, whether I start or if I've got to make an impact from the bench,' he said.

'And I do think we will do well because of the team spirit we've got.'

Jesse Lingard 'feels more comfortable' playing for England than for Manchester United. Lingard believes this England team has got the potential to go deep into the tournament

Lingard and his England team-mates are preparing for their two final pre-World Cup warm-up games against Nigeria and Costa Rica.

Southgate's squad have just under three weeks before their opening World Cup game against Tunisia on June 18. They then face Panama on June 24 before their final group game against Belgium on June 28.

The final members of the squad are expected to link up with the rest later this week with Jordan Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold still resting following their exploits in the Champions League final with Liverpool.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5788265/Jesse-Lingard-comfortable-playing-England-Man-United.html
Old 07-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #240
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Ini yang Akan Dilakukan Lingard Jika Cetak Gol di Final Piala Dunia 2018
Redzi Arya Pratama - detikSport

Jakarta - Jesse Lingard selalu punya cara unik merayakan gol yang dia buat. Andai Inggris ke final Piala Dunia 2018 dan bisa bikin gol, apa yang akan dilakukan Lingard?

Lingard baru saja melewati musim yang gemilang bersama Manchester United. Ia membuat 13 gol dari 48 laga di semua ajang. Menjadi sesuatu yang membanggakan bagi pemain akademi MU bisa jadi bagian tim utama yang berisi banyak bintang.

Pemain 25 tahun ini juga dikenal sebagai sosok yang kreatif dalam melakukan selebrasi mencetak gol. Kadang dia bersama Paul Pogba melakukan tarian, hingga pernah membuat gestur hormat Wakanda seperti pada film Black Panther.

Berbicara kepada Fourfourtwo, Lingard punya harapan untuk bisa membuat gol jika The Three Lions mencapai final Piala Dunia 2018. Ia pun mengungkap rencananya dalam melakukan selebrasi.

"Saya akan melepas semuanya! (yang ada di tubuhnya). Tidak ada satu pun selebrasi saya yang direncanakan. Semua terjadi begitu saja dan tergantung bagaimana berjalannya laga. Jika dalam keadaan unggul dua sampai tiga gol, rasanya Anda bisa lebih menikmati itu," ujarnya.

"Anda harus memilih selebrasi yang tepat berdasarkan pentingnya sebuah laga. Jika mencetak gol di final Piala Dunia, saya akan sangat bergairah. Saya akan melepas pakaian saya dan berlari seperti orang gila," tambah dia.

Lingard punya optimisme besar bahwa timnya bisa melaju jauh. Hal ini menurutnya didasari kepercayaan manajer Gareth Southgate kepada para pemain.

"Manajer memberikan kebebasan kami untuk keluar dan memperlihatkan kualitas di atas lapangan, pun bermain tanpa tekanan. Itu selalu ada dalam pikiran kami. Kami tak perlu khawatir tentang apapun di luar lapangan," kata Lingard.

"Kami akan siap secara mental dan taktik untuk melewati tes itu. Kami juga memiliki skuat campuran pemain muda dan berpengalaman. Ini adalah grup yang sangat ketat. Jadi saya pikir semangat dan kebersamaan yang akan membuat kami bisa terus melaju," tambah gelandang serang tersebut.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 134
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abishock, adnan44, aGhaa, ajier307, akbar15, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, ardie febrianto, arnaldo_x1, asririzky, Aziiz_rachman, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, demhyt, derry07cantona, De_Silvia, Dhanny09, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, giggs26, goodfron, gregoriussunu, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hariyant, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, hombreng, iamsetia, iam_adjie, id4y, ilz, il_capitano, indi30, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irhamutd, jarpop, jifortin, jojo poenya, jonajoni, Juni HW, junpriadi, Kurniawan Ani, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, lutviarfiansyah, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, NGqeEKznfi, normansyahrizal, octus, oldark, OSziXXoztn, paiman, panda777, penk22_, ravenscold, Rean, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, robby7beckham, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, serdadu merah, SR 7, stamansa, tapanoeliunited, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, UnitedNgawi, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, veibevriska, Victory, wahyou91, wazza ui, whoami, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku