United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 01-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #101
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Antonio Valencia

Orang Ecuador keras" nih keknya Doi dingin bnget yah Senyum nya jarang bnget, pdhal sering goal in akhir" ini

Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia rubs salt into Wigan wounds
Antonio Valencia knew what he was signing up for when he left Wigan Athletic for Manchester United last summer.

By Mark Ogden at Old Trafford
Published: 7:30AM GMT 31 Dec 2009

No matter which way Manchester United attempted to spin the Ecuadorean’s £18 million arrival from the DW Stadium, Valencia’s first objective was to fill the huge void created by Cristiano Ronaldo’s £80 million transfer to Real Madrid.

In terms of impossible jobs, replacing Ronaldo at United is probably second only to the mountainous challenge facing the poor soul who replaces Sir Alex Ferguson’s in the manager’s chair at Old Trafford.

The polar opposite of the brash and flamboyant Portuguese, Valencia is also a completely different character to Ronaldo on the pitch.

Yet six months after taking on the challenge of slipping into Ronaldo’s size nines, Valencia is beginning to make his own name at Old Trafford.

He will never be the new Ronaldo, just as Teddy Sheringham could never outshine Eric Cantona, but prior to the clash with his previous employers on Wednesday night, Ferguson spoke glowingly of the 24-year-old’s progress in a United shirt.

Ferguson said: “The good thing about Valencia is that he’s as tough as boots. Really tough. He can see it out and he has great stamina and great speed.

“In a personality sense, I don’t find that he would be interested in trying to outmatch Cristiano.” Valencia has improved markedly since leaving Wigan and his former team-mates discovered that at first hand as he played the architect in their downfall.

The former Villarreal midfielder appeared inhibited by the pressure in his early appearances this season, reluctant to do anything other than the straightforward and routine.

But all that has changed. Only Patrice Evra has started more games than Valencia this season, such is the trust that Ferguson has in his summer acquisition, and the manager’s faith has injected confidence into the player.

The manner in which he tore at full-back Maynor Figueroa during United’s emphatic victory underlined his blossoming confidence.

Time and again, the Honduran was left trailing in Valencia’s wake and Valencia’s efforts proved key to United’s victory.

He had a hand in three of their first four goals, with Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov profiting from Valencia’s vision and unselfish team play.

One obvious trait in Valencia is that he always looks to pass the ball, something that could not be levelled at Ronaldo, who, for all his strengths, often infuriated his team-mates with his refusal to do anything other than shoot once he was within 40 yards of goal.

But perhaps therein lies Valencia’s weakness, the area where he can still improve his game.

His goal return so far this season of seven — including the classy chip to make it 5-0 on Wednesday night - is a career best, but Ronaldo was a consistent 20 goals a season man.

If Valencia develops Ronaldo’s selfish streak, he could become an even bigger success at Old Trafford.
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #102
drivemein
first team
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice

STATS: Ronaldo vs Valencia
-therepublikofmancunia.com-

Before we get in to this, the comparison between Cristiano Ronaldo and Antonio Valencia isn’t supposed to prove who is the better player. Ronaldo was bought for £80m the same summer Valencia was bought for £16m, it’s all to obvious who the better player is.

However, it is interesting to see how Valencia is getting on at filling Ronaldo’s boots, a task the media said would be impossible. Given that he had a scoring record of just 7 goals in 89 games at Wigan, it seemed beyond comprehension that he would be able to leave any mark on what Ronaldo had achieved with the club (just as it was unimaginable that United could challenge for the title without CR9).

In Cristiano Ronaldo’s first 26 games last season, he scored 10 goals.
Goals in the league:
2 against Stoke – 12th
2 against Hull – 17th
2 against West Ham – 9th
1 against West Brom – 20th
1 against Bolton – 13th (penalty)
Average position: 14th

Assists in the league: 2

Goals in the League Cup:
1 against Boro – 19th
1 against Derby – 18th in the Championship

In Antonio Valencia’s first 26 games, he’s scored 7 goals.
Goals in the league:
1 against Bolton – 18th
1 against Everton – 11th
1 against West Ham – 17th
1 against Wolves – 16th
1 against Wigan – 15th
Average position: 15th

Assists in the league: 5

Goals in the Champions League:
2 against CSKA Moscow

When you consider that Ronaldo had much more freedom in where he played, straying centrally for much of the season, Valencia hasn’t done too badly at all. You have to remember that this is his first season at the club after making a big step up from Wigan, and that he strictly plays on the right.

There are areas of his game that he can improve but he’s younger than Ronaldo and joined the Premier League three years later. So far, so good.

To get some perspective… Frank Lampard has scored 1 more league goal than Valencia this season, but 5 of his 6 goals have been penalties. Steven Gerrard has scored as many leage goals as Valencia this season, but 2 of his 5 have been penalties. Benayoun, Anelka and Kevin Doyle have scored as many goals as Valencia. Milner, Ashley Young, Lennon, Wright-Phillips, Duff, Deco, Steven Ireland and Ballack have all scored 2 goals or more less than Valencia.

Pretty good for a player that was written off at the start of the season.

“Most of the media looked at us losing Ronaldo and viewed it as being crucial and that we wouldn’t be nearly as good but there is only one point difference from last season,” Ferguson said before our 5-0 win over Wigan. “Cristiano was an unbelievable player. It was inevitable at some point he was going to leave. We have adjusted to it. Antonio has done well and his development has been good. The good thing about him is that he is as tough as boots and has great stamina and speed. He’s a quiet and shy boy and I don’t think with his personality he would be interested in trying to outmatch Cristiano. He has been unaffected by the position he is playing in. He enjoys that position. He can play other positions but we have not tested that yet. I know he can play centre midfield because I watched him play there and we know he can play through the middle and I have also seen that. But we think he is important to us the way we play. We like to have width in the team and he is doing that very well.”
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #103
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Sampai paruh pertama musim, Doi bermain impressif trus koq kalo diturunin Fergie paling cuma 1-2 game aja dia off perform.

Yah ga sia" lah harga 16 jt Pound buat orang Ekuador ini doi totalitas trus tiap kali main
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #104
B4YU
first team
-

B4YU has a spectacular aura aboutB4YU has a spectacular aura about

Valencia bags rare double

Summer signing Antonio Valencia has become the first man to win back-to-back ManUtd.com Player of the Month awards for a year-and-a-half.

Player of the Month - December

1) Antonio Valencia - 45%
2) Wayne Rooney - 30%
3) Tomasz Kuszczak - 15%
4) Patrice Evra - 6%
5) Darren Fletcher - 2%
6) Michael Carrick - 2%

The Ecuadorian garnered 45 per cent of the vote to top December's poll after also taking home the November award. The last player to win consecutive POTM accolades was Carlos Tevez, in May and August 2008.

More than 12,000 fans around the world voted in our most recent poll, with nearly half (5586) naming Valencia’s contribution as the most crucial to the Reds’ December form.

The former Wigan winger added three more goals to his tally during the month, taking his total to seven. He's now scored as many in six months at Old Trafford as he did in three years at Wigan. His first of the month came in the 4-0 demolition of West Ham, where he slotted home from close range. He then put the icing on the cake by firing home the third against Wolves, while his 75th minute strike against Wigan was United’s final goal of 2009.

As well as goals, he's provided a constant threat on the Reds’ right, consistently outfoxing defenders and proving his ability to whip in an early, deadly cross.

United fans will be hoping for plenty more goals from Antonio as the business end of the season fast approaches.

Code:
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6644902&page=1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B4YU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #105
el_fenomeno
academy
-

el_fenomeno Ready for being a real United Indonesia

I think I see "the new beckham" in this abiltiy passing and crossing..hopefully he will be better for the future!!!
Old 17-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #106
johanesbrain
-

johanesbrain has no contributions yet

sprint nya itu loh ga tahan liat nya

stamina pun Ok banget!!!

bagus dah buat starter!!!

semangat nya begitu membara

muka nya peacefull bener dah kayak d. yorke

apalagi ya??? silahkan di tambahkan!
johanesbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johanesbrain For This Useful Post:
Old 17-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #107
Sir Alsep Ferguson
Founder
talk less do more

Thanked 1,090 Times in 424 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_fenomeno View Post
I think I see "the new beckham" in this abiltiy passing and crossing..hopefully he will be better for the future!!!
new beckham ???? passing dan crossing
jauh kaleeee ...... kekekekeke
Old 17-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #108
Oom Panda
captain
Juragan Sempak

Thanked 1,075 Times in 531 Posts
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Oom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of light

dia bener2 harus ngelatih changing direction and start using his left foot.... dia bisa ngandelin stop and pace ke bek2 yang medioker, tapi kalo ke pemain kaya gael clichy and ashley cole... he's a dead meat....
Oom Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #109
B4YU
first team
-

B4YU has a spectacular aura aboutB4YU has a spectacular aura about

tetep yakin bisa berkembang .....
dulu keknya di Wigan jg pernah maen di sisi kiri ... menurut gw pribadi mgkn gak terlalu penting utk crossing pake kaki kiri tapi lebih kepada mampu membuat pergerakan dari sisi manapun spt halnya yg dilakukan Rooney selama ini ...

Valencia: I’m Really Enjoying My United Career

Antonio Valencia has made a great start to his United career after joining us from Wigan in the summer.

He was voted by our fans as our best performing player in November and December on the club’s official website.

Valencia has today revealed he didn’t expect to get so much playing time this early on in to his United career and sees this as just the start.

“I thought I would be used sparingly at first and then more as I settled in at the club, but as a footballer you train hard so that you’re always prepared to play,” Valencia said. “Then it’s down to the manager to make the decisions, and he has given me lots of opportunities. I’m really enjoying my United career so far, and this is just the start.”

With Valencia taking over the right wing, a position occupied by Cristiano Ronaldo in much of his time at United, people pointed to his poor scoring form for Wigan and scoffed at the idea of him doing it for United. As it is, Valencia is currently our third highest scorer in the league and has more goals this season than other rated wingers like Ashley Young, Lee Milner, Aaron Lennon and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

“I’m getting into the box more than ever before in my career,” said to explain. “I’m encouraged to get forward and there are a lot of balls coming in from the left side, so I’ve been able to get to the far post and get on the end of a few crosses.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B4YU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #110
Oom Panda
captain
Juragan Sempak

Thanked 1,075 Times in 531 Posts
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Oom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4YU View Post
tetep yakin bisa berkembang .....
dulu keknya di Wigan jg pernah maen di sisi kiri ... menurut gw pribadi mgkn gak terlalu penting utk crossing pake kaki kiri tapi lebih kepada mampu membuat pergerakan dari sisi manapun spt halnya yg dilakukan Rooney selama ini ...

Valencia: I’m Really Enjoying My United Career

Antonio Valencia has made a great start to his United career after joining us from Wigan in the summer.

He was voted by our fans as our best performing player in November and December on the club’s official website.

Valencia has today revealed he didn’t expect to get so much playing time this early on in to his United career and sees this as just the start.

“I thought I would be used sparingly at first and then more as I settled in at the club, but as a footballer you train hard so that you’re always prepared to play,” Valencia said. “Then it’s down to the manager to make the decisions, and he has given me lots of opportunities. I’m really enjoying my United career so far, and this is just the start.”

With Valencia taking over the right wing, a position occupied by Cristiano Ronaldo in much of his time at United, people pointed to his poor scoring form for Wigan and scoffed at the idea of him doing it for United. As it is, Valencia is currently our third highest scorer in the league and has more goals this season than other rated wingers like Ashley Young, Lee Milner, Aaron Lennon and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

“I’m getting into the box more than ever before in my career,” said to explain. “I’m encouraged to get forward and there are a lot of balls coming in from the left side, so I’ve been able to get to the far post and get on the end of a few crosses.”
but, to be honest, m8... You really need to practice to use your left... ^^
Oom Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 149
-bloodflowers-, @edosarag1h, A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abdu muhammad, adesaktiTRK, ailverson, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, Andi Istiabudi, anggatj, Ardhie Nemanja, Aso Chrisjefta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, bang_zak, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, cynta, dani_aping, dannyboy, dark knight, Deddy Hernandez, dekepiks, delongedee, dery pramudito, DhaniGiggsy, dhodoadrian, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, Efri Loebay, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fahlevysred, Fajar_, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, Febribule, ferly_Liemz, fey777, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, giggs26, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, hendiplast, iamsetia, icalace, id4y, irfan_thered, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, jaxians, jifortin, jojo poenya, junpriadi, just.fluke, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, mamans, MichaelMU, mousetrap, Mritik123, MUFC1878, MuhFher, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, noerdiana 11, nurul hilal nasrullah, oldark, ollacarla, Oom Panda, paiman, penk22_, prahmono, psichopat, Pure_red, pweechevalier, qaul siregar, rangge fantom, Rean, Red Devils 07, RedMachine, Redsbusby, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan_lallo, Safii Persie, sepatu_ancur, skunk19, Syarifeghy, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, waynehanks, whoami, Wigatrisna SB, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, YANGWAN, Yayat Dg Kulle, zan_mufc, Zee de Wazza, zermapradipta, zudomiriku, [skywalker]