United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2018/2019

Old 11-02-2019, 11:40 PM   #21
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [UCL] Manchester United vs PSG

Old 12-02-2019, 12:10 AM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

SOLSKJAER: OLD TRAFFORD NEEDS A BIG EUROPEAN NIGHT

There will be a classic European atmosphere when Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain run out at Old Trafford on Tuesday, which is long overdue in the eyes of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Ties like these are exactly what make the UEFA Champions League so special and our caretaker manager is excited for the action against the ever-dominant champions of France to begin.

With United currently on an 11-match unbeaten run across all competitions and supporters justifiably feeling more confident than ever, the atmosphere is expected to be red-hot.

Our last big European night against a historic opponent at Old Trafford – in the knockout stages, specifically – was arguably when Real Madrid visited back in 2013. That was a year after Bayern Munich had been, and Solskjaer recalled those occasions during his pre-match press conference.

“I look back to one of the last few exciting knockout games when we lost to Real Madrid when Nani was sent off,” Ole told reporters at the stadium. “Of course we had Bayern Munich a few years ago as well, so we're looking forward to this. It is both the supporters and the players who have been looking forward to some of these nights, because they are so special.”

Solskjaer went on to reference our famous home win over AS Roma in April 2007 and explained why he would like his players to replicate the belief which fuelled that astounding victory.

“Maybe my last one [as a player] was when we beat Roma 7-1. I played in that one, I came on. It was a typical Old Trafford night when we lost 2-1 away from home and the manager was so happy. He said, 'we'll be all right, we'll win at home.' He was so confident in our abilities, so I just want my players to go into this game confident and embrace the game.”

The draw for the Champions League last-16 was made on Monday 18 December and Solskjaer was appointed as our caretaker manager two days later. Interestingly, as he explained during the press conference, he watched the balls being drawn out of the hat with his son back in Norway.

“I was watching with Noah and we said 'wow, that's a tough challenge', but I think we've given ourselves a good chance,” he said at the top table. “We're giving us the best possible opportunity on the way we've gone into this game now, because we're confident. We've found out what kind of team we have, we're looking like a team. We're agreeing on how we should approach games. So, if there was ever a chance or any time to go into big games like this, it's now for us.”

PSG have of course become the dominant force in French football since they were taken over by international investors several years ago, transforming the club almost overnight. Solskjaer has been impressed by their progress, particularly after facing them much earlier in his football career.

“It's been fantastic to see their progress,” said Ole on Monday afternoon. “I played against them for Molde in '95 in the Cup Winners' Cup, so the difference of their challenge now is fantastic.

“They've got some of the world’s best players. They've got one of the biggest goalkeeping legends in Buffon, they've got Thiago Silva who has been one of the best centre-backs in the world in the last few years. They’ve got one of the most exciting young players with Mbappe, they’ve got Neymar who is the most expensive player in the world, so that tells you everything about their evolution and how they've progressed. We know we're playing against a team with confidence.”

www.manutd.com
Old 12-02-2019, 04:48 AM   #23
Andi Istiabudi
manager

TUCHEL CONFIRMS CAVANI WILL MISS UNITED MATCH

Paris Saint-Germain head coach Thomas Tuchel has confirmed that the French club’s all-time top scorer, Edinson Cavani, will miss the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie with Manchester United.

The German spoke to an international cross-section of the media at Old Trafford late on Monday afternoon, and told reporters that the Uruguayan would be absent due to an injury picked up in his side’s 1-0 victory over Bordeaux on Saturday.

It means the Parisians will be without two of their first-choice attacking trio – Brazilian star Neymar has also been ruled out of the match due to a metatarsal problem.

“Neymar is one of the key, key players in Europe and we cannot replace him,” commented Tuchel. “Would Manchester United miss Pogba, if he was not there tomorrow? Of course. Would they miss Rashford, if he was not there? Of course they would. You cannot replace quality players like this.

“Of, course we miss him a lot and now we miss a second key player with Edi [Cavani]. And with Marco [Verratti], we have a player with only 60 minutes in his legs.”

Italian midfielder Verratti returned to action after several weeks out with an ankle issue in the Bordeaux match, but the former Borussia Dortmund coach was keen to stress that he and 20-year-old forward Kylian Mbappe would not be expected to make up for the aforementioned absentees.

“You can't just place all of the burden and pressure on Kylian,” he explained. “But we're talking about Mbappe. He has his own qualities. It's not really his job to replace Cavani and Neymar, and he can't do all three things at the same time. He can't be himself and the other two. He has to be free to play his game, to play with confidence and I want us to be capable to help him.

“[That means] to provide him with the right kind of support and passes. In my opinion, he needs to play with a good mindset, as it were. He needs to be positive and realise that he's here, it's part of his development. I think it's the kind of moment when you really are able to develop as a player.”

Despite their injury issues, Tuchel claimed that PSG would not alter their style, which has earned them a dominant 13-point lead at the top of Ligue 1.

“We have our identity as a team, of course, and it's not easy to change a team's identity,” said the coach. “Obviously we're going to be missing a couple of key players and key attackers, that's obvious and clear to everyone including me. But you don't change your identity for that reason. I don't know if it's the right time to change our identity.

”We have tradition, we play attacking football, we're PSG and that's how we're used to playing, creating opportunities. It's in our DNA. That's how we play. To change that is really tough, it's difficult.

“Nevertheless, I'm sure there will be times tomorrow when we will be defending deeply, absolutely, because I imagine United are going to be very bold, they're going to play a lot of attack-minded players so, yeah, I can see in this kind of match there will be times when we are going to have to play in a whole range of situations and we have to be at the top level throughout the game.”

The PSG leader was asked what kind of result he was striving for in tomorrow’s first leg, ahead of the second installment at the Parc des Princes on 6 March.

“I don't really want to talk about the result we are aiming for tomorrow,” remarked the 45-year-old, “but we're here to score, absolutely. We want to score and perhaps more than one. We want to score some goals.”

When asked about United's revival under caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Tuchel acknowledged: “It's an impressive run, and for us to play at Old Trafford at this moment against this Manchester United is, again, like in our group stage, one of the toughest challenges you can have.

“We have a phrase in Germany – 'if you go to the doctor and he heals you, then he is right.'

”How he does it, we don't care. If the pain goes away, he is right. So if he [Ole Gunnar Solskjaer] wins the game, he is right, and he wins a lot of games so it's very impressive.

“He was a super-dangerous player on the field. Any time he came on, he was there to win games for Manchester United and he does the same here now as a manager, so it's impressive.”

PSG qualified for the last 16 by finishing top of Champions League Group C, ahead of Liverpool, Napoli and Red Star Belgrade. The Rouge et Bleu won three of their six games, but lost 3-2 to Liverpool at Anfield and were held to draws in both matches against Napoli.

“Over 180 minutes, I would say it's a 50/50 game,” agreed Tuchel, when asked if he thinks this tie is well balanced.

“If it's just tomorrow, with them as the home team at Old Trafford, I'm not sure it's 50/50. But to assess it over 180 minutes, we have the second leg in Paris where we feel very strong and comfortable at Parc des Princes, then yes I'd say it's a 50/50 game.”

DRAXLER: DI MARIA KEY FOR US

Germany international Julian Draxler followed Tuchel into Old Trafford's No.7 suite to also be quizzed by journalists ahead of Tuesday’s game.

“We expect Manchester United to play like they played the last games so they will attack, that's clear,” said the wide man. “But we cannot forget that we also have a second leg in Paris so it's not all or nothing tomorrow. I think we will also see some tactical football but it will not be all or nothing, I'm sure of that.“

It was put to Draxler that his team-mate Angel Di Maria, as a former United player, could have extra motivation for this match.

“I was asking Angel some questions about Manchester United and I won't tell you what he said, but he will be ready for tomorrow,” replied the German.

“He's a big player. He has a lot of respect for the club so there is nothing terrible in what he said, but it is between me and him so I won't tell you right now. He's a good player, he's been in good form for several months and we need him tomorrow, especially without Cavani and Neymar. We need a player like him and hopefully he will have a great performance tomorrow.”

www.manutd.com
Old 12-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

This is the one, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Get past PSG and the job is yours

* Manchester United host PSG in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie
* Tuesday night's match is the latest stage of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's audition
* If United win, his position will be increasingly irresistible, if it is not already

Old Trafford being where music died in 1992, they still like a bit of Stone Roses before kick-off. This Is The One greets the team when they walk out. At home to Crystal Palace in the middle of November, it probably isn't. But on Tuesday night it is. For Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Thomas Tuchel, this really is the one.

For Solskjaer, it is the next stage of the audition, a recall as actors have it. We have seen he can motivate, he can play the Manchester United way, he can do it against the best in the Premier League; but what about the elite of Europe?

Under even greater scrutiny, however, is Tuchel at Paris Saint-Germain. He is walking away with Ligue 1 — 10 points clear and two games in hand — but that is to be expected.

The next stage of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's audition will come on Tuesday against PSG. If United beat PSG, Solskjaer's position will be increasingly irresistible, if it is not already

Like Manchester City's owners, what PSG crave is supremacy in the Champions League.

The club has not progressed past the quarter-finals in the modern, 32-team format, or beyond the semi-finals since 1994-95. Winning the league is not enough at PSG any more. If Tuchel loses in the last 16, he may not make it beyond the end of the season.

To some extent, Solskjaer has won already, just by allowing Old Trafford to feel good about this tie. When the draw was made, Manchester United were a punchline — the Premier League team all of Europe would have wanted to play. No more. Solskjaer has transformed the club, realised the potential of his squad, so that signings such as Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial now play their purchase price and Marcus Rashford plays like he's wearing an England shirt.

He is not so much the people's choice to be the next United manager, as the obvious one. He still needs this, though, to be wholly secure. If United lost, certainly if they were defeated emphatically over two legs, it would raise the first questions about the gravitas of Solskjaer's regime — about whether he has more than a feelgood factor.

PSG are good, we know this, but they couldn't beat Napoli home or away in the group stage and lost to Liverpool at Anfield. And that was with their full team. They are without Neymar and Edinson Cavani and maybe Marco Verratti, too.

There will rarely be a better time to play them even if Solskjaer is correct in saying this creates an element of the unknown.

Will that be mitigation for Tuchel, then? Probably not. Like Pep Guardiola at City, there is no list of injuries so great it will elicit sympathy.

PSG are presumed to have every advantage going already. Tuchel is expected to rise above misfortune. 'Immerse me in your splendour,' as the Roses sang.

So this is the one. If Solskjaer wins on Tuesday, if he progresses across the two legs, if he takes Manchester United into the Champions League's final eight, his position will be increasingly irresistible, if it is not already.

Strangely, Manchester United's caretaker has less at stake than Tuchel, in victory or defeat.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6692735/MARTIN-SAMUEL-one-Solskjaer-past-PSG-job-yours.html
Old 12-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PRE-MATCH STATS

Man United vs French opposition:

Played: 28

Won: 15

Drawn: 11

Lost: 2

PSG's win percentage with Neymar and Cavani: 81%

Without Neymar and Cavani: 50%

1. Manchester United have won only one of their last nine Champions League knockout games. The only victory being their 3-0 win against Olympiacos in March 2014.

2. Paul Pogba is Manchester United's highest scorer in the Champions League this season with two goals. He also has the most assists for the club and has created the most chances.

3. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is one of three managers left in the Champions League to have won it as a player, along with Pep Guardiola and Santiago Solari.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #26
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He is becoming a true leader': PSG manager Thomas Tuchel wary of Paul Pogba threat following his revival under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ahead of Champions League tie at Old Trafford

* Thomas Tuchel admits PSG are preparing to face a very different Man United
* PSG face United at Old Trafford in the Champions League last 16 on Tuesday
* Tuchel is wary of the threat that a revitalised Paul Pogba poses at Old Trafford
* The Red Devils have enjoyed a brilliant run of form under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Thomas Tuchel admits Paris Saint-Germain are preparing to face a very different Manchester United – and Paul Pogba – at Old Trafford on Tuesday than when the Champions League draw was made in December.

PSG were paired with United in the last 16 the day before Jose Mourinho was sacked, and caretaker boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has engineered a quite remarkable turnaround since then.

No-one has benefitted from Solskjaer’s appointment more than Pogba, who has led the United revival with eight goals and five assists, and Tuchel acknowledged the difference in challenge now in front of his team.

Thomas Tuchel admits PSG are preparing to face a very different Man United on Tuesday. The PSG manager is wary of the threat that a revitalised Paul Pogba poses at Old Trafford

‘I don’t think there’s any surprise about Paul Pogba being a key player for Manchester United,’ he said.

‘He’s an incredible player with wonderful qualities. He’s capable of making a difference.

‘You can see that now he is becoming a true leader. He loves playing for this club and it’s really impressive.

‘Things are completely different now. You can see that Manchester United play with a lot of confidence and get a lot of early leads.

‘It’s an impressive run and to play in this moment at Old Trafford is one of the toughest challenges that you can have.

‘We were in extremely good shape when we ended our group campaign and now things have completely changed.

‘I said then that we shouldn’t talk about Manchester United in December and January. Talk about them in February. You can see the squad is full of energy and confidence.

‘I didn’t analyse the United team under Mourinho because the game was too far away in December. All the games I have watched are Solskjaer games.

‘He was a super dangerous player on the field. He won games and he’s doing the same as a manager.

‘Obviously there has been an effect. We have a saying in Germany: if you go to the doctor and the pain goes away, then he is right. It doesn’t matter how he does it.’

Tuchel goes into what he described as a ‘decisive game’ without the world’s most expensive player in Neymar and another key figure in Edinson Cavani through injury.

Tuchel will be without star duo Edinson Cavani (pictured) and Neymar for trip to Old Trafford

However, he insisted that PSG cannot place too much burden on the young shoulders of Kylian Mbappe.

‘Would Manchester United miss Pogba or (Marcus) Rashford if they weren’t there? Of course,’ said Tuchel. ‘You can’t replace quality players like this.

‘Neymar is one of key players in Europe and we will miss him a lot. Now we miss a second player in Cavani.

‘But it’s not really Mbappe’s job to replace Cavani and Neymar. You can’t just place all the burden and pressure on him.

‘I want us to be able to help him with the right kind of support. He needs to play with a good mind set and be positive. These are the kind of moments you can develop as a player.’

Tuchel can also call on Angel Di Maria whose £59.7m move to United flopped before he left Old Trafford for PSG after just one season in English football.

Di Maria claimed on Monday that United ‘didn’t let me have my best time there’ and his team-mate Julian Draxler admitted the Argentine will be fired up to prove a point on his return.

‘I was asking him some questions about Manchester United,’ said Draxler. ‘I won’t tell you what he said but he will be ready.

‘He’s a big player. He has a lot of respect for the club, there’s nothing terrible in what he said but it was between me and him.

‘He’s in good form, we’ll need him tomorrow, especially without Cavani and Neymar, hopefully he’ll have a great performance.’

Code:
Di Maria claimed on Monday that United ‘didn’t let me have my best time there’ and his team-mate Julian Draxler admitted the Argentine will be fired up to prove a point on his return.

‘I was asking him some questions about Manchester United,’ said Draxler. ‘I won’t tell you what he said but he will be ready.

‘He’s a big player. He has a lot of respect for the club, there’s nothing terrible in what he said but it was between me and him.

‘He’s in good form, we’ll need him tomorrow, especially without Cavani and Neymar, hopefully he’ll have a great performance.’
Old 12-02-2019, 12:33 PM   #27
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

Disiarkan di RCTI & TSB 1..

Old 13-02-2019, 02:37 AM   #28
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

Old 13-02-2019, 05:49 AM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Akhirnya United kalah juga deh...

MANCHESTER UNITED 0 PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN 2

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s unbeaten start to his caretaker reign as Manchester United boss came to a shattering end as Paris Saint-Germain turned on the class at Old Trafford.

Second-half goals from Presnel Kimpembe and Kylian Mbappe topped off an impressive away performance in the Champions League round of 16 from the French side. The resounding win in Manchester leaves the Reds needing to pull off one of the club’s most memorable comebacks in the second leg on March 6. Paul Pogba is out of that tie after being sent off for a second yellow card late on.

United were unable to find any of the magic that has been sprinkled on them by Solskjaer in his opening 11 matches, which brought 10 wins and one draw. Europe was another level and PSG showed why they are among the favourites to be contesting the final in Madrid on June 1.

Old Trafford was absolutely throbbing with anticipation with the kind of electric atmosphere Solskjaer had demanded from the crowd. And even the seen-it-all, done-it-all, got the T-shirt figure of PSG keeper Gianluigi Buffon appeared initially affected by the tension of the night.
The Italian was making his 121st Champions League appearance but, inside the first 10 minutes, the 41-year-old had badly misplaced three passes out of his area. It certainly augured well if someone like Buffon was a bag of nerves.

Another visitor who appeared put off by the noise level was former Red Angel Di Maria. The United support certainly let the Argentine know they were not too happy with his time spent at the club under Louis van Gaal and booed his every touch.

The Reds’ one-time record buy from Real Madrid couldn’t put a foot right at first but he settled to provide the first danger of the game when he sent a left-foot shot just wide and into the Stretford End.

United’s best chance came when Marcus Rashford fired in a bullet from a tight angle that took a deflection and needed Buffon to react quickly at his near post.

PSG were, however, showing their class and keeping United’s danger very limited. The Reds were unable to get Anthony Martial on the ball but, equally, the French side were incapable for a while to get their danger man Kylian Mbappe working.

But when the French World Cup winner did start to motor, the warning signs were there. After 28 minutes, a slick, cutting PSG move saw Mbappe round David De Gea but his shot went into the side netting. Had he scored, it was likely, though, that VAR, in operation for the first time in the Champions League, would have ruled the goal out. The same could be said of Di Maria, who was denied by De Gea when looking well off side.

The first half was littered with yellow cards and the evening got tasty when Ashley Young shoulder-charged Di Maria off the pitch and into a metal barrier.

The South American’s colleagues were unhappy with there nature of the challenge and sparked a fracas. Young soon had a posse of Reds backing him up. It all calmed down fortunately, as the United skipper had already been cautioned.

Solskjaer was forced into his first substitution when Jesse Lingard went off injured seconds before half time. Alexis Sanchez came on and then, after the interval, Juan Mata replaced Martial.

PSG started the second half in full control of the tie and were ominously getting into their dangerous stride. Old Trafford sensed the French side were taking over and tried to rally the Reds but it was all to no avail.

United’s defence were softened up by Mbappe, when he had a free header in the 53rd minute that De Gea was able to get down to push aside for a corner. But there was no respite for the wobbling Reds and, from the resulting set-piece sent over by Di Maria, defender Kimpembe took advantage of a snoozing rearguard to crash a volley home.

It almost got worse for a stunned United team three minutes later when Dani Alves sent a thunderbolt whistling just wide, via a deflection off Pogba. United were on the ropes and bloodied but Ander Herrera answered with a long-range strike that went just wide of Buffon’s post.

However, Solskjaer’s men just couldn’t cope as PSG began to fluently attack at pace. The classy French outfit made it 2-0 on the hour as they broke at speed and Thilo Kehrer sent a ball away down the left to Di Maria. The Argentine drilled over a perfect low cross for Mbappe to sneak in between Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof and steer the ball in.

It was a struggle for United to hold rampant PSG as they put on a show and it needed a reaction stop from De Gea to halt Mbappe getting his second as the 20-year-old tried to chip the Spaniard.

PSG eased off after the spell that devastated United but even then the Reds were so rattled by the killer period that couldn’t rally and grab a goal that might have given us more of a fighting chance in Paris.

But the Reds couldn’t muster up an opportunity to trouble Buffon, who was largely untested throughout in the visiting goal.

It got worse for United as they will be without Pogba for the second leg in France. The French midfielder had been yellow carded in the 25th minute and then clattered into Alves in the 89th minute. Italian referee Daniele Orsato consulted VAR before handing out another booking and then showing Pogba a red.

It was a disappointing end to a disappointing European night but Ole's name was still cheered to the rafters at the end.

www.manutd.com
Old 13-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #30
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Default Re: [UCL] Manchester United 0-2 PSG

Key man Paul Pogba to miss second leg of Manchester United’s Champions League tie with PSG after late sending off as Rio Ferdinand insists: ‘The tie is over after the red card’

* Paul Pogba was sent off during Manchester United's 2-0 defeat to PSG
* The Frenchman has been superb under interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
* United's club record signing will now miss the second leg in Paris on March 6
* Without their key man, BT Sport's Rio Ferdinand believes the tie is all but over

It's a remarkable statistic, but Manchester United's defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night was their worst ever home defeat in European competition.

But a two-goal margin, as record breaking as it may be, is not one you would say is impossible to overturn. Besides, this is Paris Saint-Germain - the unwilling architects of La Remontada - that we are talking about.

Yet the sting in the tail did not come with Kylian Mbappe's poacher's finish midway through the second half. What makes this tie veer close to insurmountable, will be the absence of Paul Pogba.

Paul Pogba was sent off for Manchester United late in their defeat to Paris Saint-Germain. The French midfielder was sent off after picking up a second yellow card for a foul on Dani Alves. BT Sport pundit Rio Ferdinand believes that without Pogba, the tie is over for United

United's record signing has become the talisman his transfer fee demanded of him in recent weeks. Rejuvenated under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the sloppy touches and over-hit passes that had so frustrated supporters were suddenly a thing of the past, buried with the Jose Mourinho annals.

The Frenchman - unleashed by the discipline of Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera - has become United's linchpin, their tour-de-force, a goal-scorer and creator.

He has scored eight times in 11 games under his interim boss. For the first time in his career, his goal return in the league has reached double figures.

To lose him, then, to a second bookable offence so late in the game, is the toughest pill to swallow for Solskjaer and United.

'They’ve got to think about going forward and think about finishing in the top four,' said BT Sport pundit Rio Ferdinand afterwards.

'This game, this tie is over after the red card.'

Pogba will miss the return leg in Paris in three weeks' time. For United and Solskjaer, this poses the difficult challenge of filling the void of their most important - the cornerstone to their revival in recent weeks.

'That's a sign of how far he’s come in the last couple of months,' added Ferdinand.

'Now he’s being man-marked on the biggest stage by Marquinhos.

'Then he’s really got to show his quality, how do you deal with being man-marked.

'Today he didn’t work it out and got frustrated and sent off. But more of that is going to come from Pogba because of what he’s doing on a weekly basis in the Premier League.'

It was a frustrating for the Frenchman, with PSG boss Thomas Tuchel setting out to stifle his creative influence.

Attached to his heels was make-shift midfielder Marquinhos - who excelled in a role he is slowly growing in to.

Frustration boiled over, and for Paul and Ince and Owen Hargreaves, he can have few complaints with the bookings dished out by the albeit card-happy referee Daniele Orsato.

'It just wasn’t there tonight, everything went against them,' said Hargreaves. 'I don’t think there can be any questions about the second booking.'

Pogba's first yellow was for a chipping away at Marco Verratti, while his second was a high and late challenge on Dani Alves.

'That should be a straight red,' said BT Sport pundit Paul Ince. 'First one was down to poor petulance and the second one should be a red. Frustration.'

His manager, though disagrees:‘He’s unlucky,' said Solskjaer afterwards. ‘Paul Pogba is trying to get his body across and Dani Alves is clever enough to put his foot in there. Paul wants to shield the ball.’

Much was made of PSG's dwindling numbers and the absence of Edinson Cavani and Neymar at Old Trafford.

In three weeks' time those two star names could well return to help see out the tie at the Parc des Princes.

United, meanwhile, will have to overhaul a two-goal deficit without their most important player.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6697993/Paul-Pogba-red-card-compounds-misery-Manchester-United-Paris-Saint-Germain-defeat.html
efek dari cederanya Lingard & Martial? karena ditonton para legend? atau karena 'karma' Di Maria?

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
Andi Istiabudi, danz, dhodoadrian, dwitri27, Firman safrudin, goodmin, Intan Pradina, Kevin_Anggie, penk22_, rahmatedi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku, Zulfan