United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 30-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Luke Giverin

Quote:
Luke Giverin

Born: Salford

Position: Defender
28/08/2012 11:42 - ManUtd.com, A Marshall, S Bibby
Focus on... Luke Giverin

MUTV's regular feature puts United's younger players under the spotlight..

First team played for?
A local team in Salford called Barr Hill. I started at the age of five but was playing for the older age group, the Under-6s. They are just a local team but are pretty good and won a few things. My cousin plays for them now so it's quite a good set-up they've still got going.

Signed for United..
United came in for me at the age of seven and I've just been at the club since the age of seven really.

Players you idolise..
The first one was Rio Ferdinand, when he first came as I thought he was great as a younger player. The first one I looked up to was Rio but, gradually as I'm getting older, I'm still looking up to Rio but, when I got to 16, Tom Cleverley too. Both for their attitude and skills.

What are your strengths?
Technique is one of my biggest strengths and passing. Knowing what to do when I get the ball. I have a vision in my mind where I know what I want to do when I get the ball. Passing and technique but also attitude to work.

Biggest achievement..
It's an achievement to be at the club from the age of seven but, all last season, the Youth Cup team stuck together coming into the Reserves and we won four trophies out of a possible four. So, as a whole team staying together, winning the number of trophies we've won.

Why do you love football?
Just getting on the pitch but waking up in the morning driving into training and thinking I'm coming into work but I'm doing what I love doing - playing football.

Career highlight so far..
Last season, I went away with the first team and played 45 minutes in the second half of the Harry Gregg Testimonial. I came back and, within the same week, was scoring at the Etihad to help us win the [Manchester Senior Cup] trophy.

Best friend in football..
Jesse Lingard and the Keane twins. We're quite close and do a lot of things inside and outside of the training ground.

Career ambitions..
I want to be in the first team at Manchester United. If that's not the case, I'd like to be at a top-class club and playing in the first team regularly.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
dudut
academy
Will Never Die

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
dudut Ready for being a real United Indonesia
Default Re: Luke Giverin

beberapa berita tentang luke giverin :

Dream week for Giverin

Luke Giverin made his first-team debut in the Harry Gregg Testimonial on Tuesday and is rewarding the club's patience in his development.

The 19-year-old left-back came on for the second half of the 4-1 victory, replacing Patrice Evra, and was one of two youngsters to make his bow with Michele Fornasier also getting a run-out.

Giverin has not had much football this term, making only two substitute appearances for the Reserves at league level and a solitary outing as an over-aged player in the Under-18s. The teenager has featured more in the cup competitions for Warren Joyce's side and enjoyed plenty of action out in Dallas recently.

"We're waiting for his physical development," director of youth football Jim Ryan revealed to ManUtd.com. "He struggled a bit in the first game against FC Dallas but, in the second match, he suddenly burst into life and it was a fantastic piece of football from him for the Larnell Cole against Tigres. From then on, he did well. We hope he develops physically and can be another one who comes through."

Giverin capped an incredible week on a personal level by coming on towards the end of the Manchester Senior Cup final at the Etihad Stadium and running through to score the clincher deep into stoppage time to make it 2-0 to the Reserves.

sumber : http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...-jim-ryan.aspx

Man Utd youngster Luke Giverin drawing Cleverley inspiration

Manchester United youngster Luke Giverin admits he's drawing inspiration from Tom Cleverley's first team success.

Giverin has been with United since he was seven years of age.

He told manutd.com: "The first one was Rio Ferdinand, when he first came as I thought he was great as a younger player. The first one I looked up to was Rio but, gradually as I'm getting older, I'm still looking up to Rio but, when I got to 16, Tom Cleverley too. Both for their attitude and skills.

"Technique is one of my biggest strengths and passing. Knowing what to do when I get the ball. I have a vision in my mind where I know what I want to do when I get the ball. Passing and technique but also attitude to work."

sumber : http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...rvyMZTu6pxx.99

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dudut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
vivasoilsolid
academy
sarjana muda

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
vivasoilsolid Ready for being a real United Indonesia
Visit vivasoilsolid's Facebook Visit vivasoilsolid's Twitter

Manchester United reserves coach Warren Joyce has talked up the prospects of young defender Luke Giverin.

Giverin has just joined Royal Antwerp on-loan to January.

"He's a clever footballer," stressed Joyce. "I thought he was the best player on the pitch by a long way against Curzon.

"He really showed his level as he's sharp, bright in everything he does and has a tremendous attitude. The kid is a good trainer and, if you look at what his real strengths are, he is technically good, handles the ball well and he's tough. He wants to tackle, reads danger by sniffing it out and he's brave.

"The holding midfield role is not a bad position for him. I gave him the armband for that game because if you're looking for captains, he does the right things all the time and sets a good example for the younger lads."
vivasoilsolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

17/09/2012 14:09 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Luke's patience rewarded

Luke Giverin spoke exclusively to ManUtd.com ahead of joining Royal Antwerp on loan..

You had an early setback with an injury in the Lancashire Senior Cup final against Accrington Stanley. Are you over it?
I picked up a knock. I had to play in midfield which is a new position for me but it was a bad tackle I received on my knee. I had bruising on the bone so it was best to be careful. But I was soon back fit and training again.

How are you finding the new role?
It’s as a holding midfielder, in front of the defence. You have got a job to mark in front of the striker or, if there is an extra man pushing up on me, then I’ve got a job to do with that man. I enjoy it quite a lot because you get loads of the ball. Also, the holding role is more or less a defensive role and I’m a defender so it suits me.

Had you played in midfield previously because you’re better known as a left-back?
I used to play left wing when I was playing for my local team. I was aged about 14 or 15 when I moved to left-back but, from last season and moving into this campaign, I’ve been switching and changing with midfield.

The staff have said you were deliberately held back because of your size. How did that go?
From the age of 16, I didn’t really play. Up until now, I’ve not played that regularly in the side. Obviously, I’m a small player and sometimes I’ve been playing down in the younger age group because they were more my physical type. It’s to do with bone-age apparently. At least I was playing games. I didn’t want to be training and doing nothing on matchdays so at least I gained experience playing games.

Did you appreciate why you were being treated cautiously? It also happened with the likes of Tom Cleverley and Michael Keane…
Yes, I understood it and it’s benefited me now as I’m in the second year with the Reserves. When you look at Michael now, he’s really shot up!

Last season ended on a real high for you. The final image of the Reserves campaign was the City defenders haring after you as you grabbed the clinching goal in the Manchester Senior Cup final..
It was a mad week! I played for the first team in Ireland for Harry Gregg’s Testimonial and then I came on as a substitute at the Etihad and scored the second goal.

How did you hear about the first-team call-up for the Testimonial game?
I didn’t expect it. I was just walking out to training and Rene Meulensteen shouted me over and said I’d be involved tomorrow. Once I went, I still didn’t expect to get half a game as left-back.

It must have been some experience..
It makes you feel good. All that waiting and the hard work to get the reward of playing in the first team. I came to United at the age of seven so football has been my life. I’m from Salford so I’m a local lad and everyone in my family is a United fan, as I am.

Have you grown up with some of your team-mates here?
Tyler [Blackett] is a year younger but he’s been here since he was quite young but the main ones who have been here since we were seven or eight years old are me, Tom Thorpe, Jesse Lingard and Larnell Cole.

Did Rene Meulensteen take you for skills sessions in the early days?
We used to have Rene at the age of eight or nine – before and after sessions. We used to do skills and tricks and now he’s first-team coach so he knows what kind of players we are.

Does he hark back to the lessons he instilled at that young age?
He always reminds us that if we didn’t have that skill drilled into us then we wouldn’t be able to get out of certain situations that we can now. It wouldn’t have been possible if we hadn’t done it at a younger age.

Have you trained with the first team as well as playing in the Testimonial?
I’ve been with the first team a few times last season and a couple of times in pre-season. Training from the Reserves to the first team is a huge step-up to how the Reserves play. You’ve got to be right on it and, when you come off the pitch, your head is spinning because the players are that quick.

You had Paul Scholes train with you in the Reserves. How big an influence was he?
We’ve had Scholesy and Darren Fletcher for a bit. Scholesy couldn’t just stand on the side and watch – he had to get involved. Just seeing Scholesy, you can learn everything from him. All the first team really will give you advice any time. If you’ve done anything wrong or could have done something better, they will pull you aside after training and explain it to you.

There is that sense that United remain a family club…
The club is brilliant. Everyone always gets on and people give advice. Even if a coach isn’t involved with us, if they’ve seen something on TV, they still give us advice and we need it.

Finally, you must be thrilled to be playing for such a great club..
You feel almost proud because of where you’re from and to be at a club like United. It’s such a good feeling to know I’m from Salford as well. Not too many players have come out of Salford and made it here.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 30
Aba_MaczUnited, aGhaa, aldorioclev23, aldysetiabudi, Andi Istiabudi, dekepiks, dudut, fadilbedil, fatzzjoe, fey777, fredrian.seven, giediego, Mahesa_Jenar, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, oldark, ole, Redsbusby, rio vander vidic, sepatu_ancur, taz_devil_utd, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, united7, vivasoilsolid, w.keane27, wahyou91