United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 17-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Matty Willock

16/11/2014 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Ex-Arsenal player Willock working hard at United

Robin van Persie wasn't the only former Arsenal player to join Manchester United in 2012... young midfielder Matty Willock did the same and and made steady progress in the Reds' Academy ranks.

The 18-year-old midfielder is now pushing for inclusion in Warren Joyce's Under-21 team after graduating from the Academy. He came off the bench in the Manchester Senior Cup final against City at the start of the season before appearing in the friendly against Loughborough Students recently, hitting the bar in the 2-0 win.

In this exclusive interview, first published in the club's official magazine Inside United, Willock discusses leaving Arsenal - for whom his two brothers still play - and his development in Manchester...

How did the move to United come about?
I was a schoolboy at Arsenal but was released at 15 so I had trials at a few clubs, including Reading and Sunderland. I ended up signing for United. It was a bit disappointing when I left Arsenal but it worked out well.

Is it true your brothers are also promising footballers?
Yes, I’ve got two younger brothers playing at Arsenal – one [Chris] is in their youth team and the other [Joe ] is in the Under-16s there.

You appeared to sprout up physically one summer. Did that allow you to move into central midfield from out wide?
I grew a lot in my first year [at United]. I did play on the wing a little bit at first. It was probably felt I wasn’t strong enough to go into the middle straight away but, in my second year, I became a bit stronger so I was pushed into central midfield. There is a lot of running power required to play central midfield and I don’t know if I was ready for that in the first year.

You had to be patient as a first-year scholar, and is it now the same for you with the Under-21s?
Yes, it can be frustrating at times but you just have to keep going and work hard to try to push yourself into the team. I’ve played for the Under-16s, Under-17s, Under-18s and in behind-closed-door games too. It’s all been good experience. It’s always good to play against older players as you learn a lot when you test yourself against Premier League players. You can see what level you are at and what you need to improve on. It enables you to see you’re getting close to the level required if you can compete with Premier League players.

So are you preparing for another chance in the Under-21s?
Yes, you have to hope for a chance and, when you get it, take it. I think I’m making progress and can hopefully break into the team and push on from there. The training is a lot harder this season with more running and gym work. It means, when we play against other teams, we always know we are going to have the edge on fitness over them because we work so hard in training. As much as you want to be excited for the lads when we win, and you are obviously happy for them, it’s not quite the same when you don’t get off the bench. However, you have to be ready all the time and make sure you warm up because it is all about being patient. We’re all friends off the pitch and go to the Trafford Centre and into town together for food. We’re all quite close.

How much of a dream is it to be representing United?
It is great as, when I was young, I always wanted to grow up and play for a big club. I didn’t think I was necessarily ever going to play for United so I am just happy to be here. If I keep working hard, hopefully I can push myself forward.
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rondwisan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2015, 01:27 AM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Matty Willock

Untuk meramaikan thread ini, saya akan posting beberapa foto Matty Willock

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

Siapakah dia Oom? Tanda tangan kontrak samping opa charlton lagi..hehe..

Mantap kayaknya nih..hehe..
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

Maaf pertanyaan di atas..
Buka dr hp soalnya..jd artikel paling atas baru kebuka..wahahaha..sorry..
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio vander vidic View Post
Siapakah dia Oom? Tanda tangan kontrak samping opa charlton lagi..hehe..

Mantap kayaknya nih..hehe..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rio vander vidic View Post
Maaf pertanyaan di atas..
Buka dr hp soalnya..jd artikel paling atas baru kebuka..wahahaha..sorry..
Hahaha ggp, buka forum dari HP kadang memang tidak muncul semuanya
Calon bintang masa depan United nih, asal terus diberikan kesempatan dan bimbingan dari pemain senior.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
Jak_Ilcapitano_11
first team
provocatROc

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Jak_Ilcapitano_11 is a jewel in the roughJak_Ilcapitano_11 is a jewel in the roughJak_Ilcapitano_11 is a jewel in the rough

Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's Facebook Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's MySpace Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's Twitter Visit Jak_Ilcapitano_11's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi Istiabudi View Post
Hahaha ggp, buka forum dari HP kadang memang tidak muncul semuanya
Calon bintang masa depan United nih, asal terus diberikan kesempatan dan bimbingan dari pemain senior.
Bisa dibilang second Welbo nihh kalo aja mainnya di depan hahha. Tapi cara mainnya mirip banget sama former arsenal dulu si Vieira klo di United bisa lah dibilang mirip Carrick.. Bukan mas @ucupcarrick loh ya hahha.

Claass sih. talenta yang di sia-siakan oleh si Mr. Bean aka Wenger.. Masih muda, pedenya tinggi dan berani fight ke bek2 lawan yang notabene lebih senior. Good catch, secara udah bisa langsung main di senior gantiin James Wilson di final kompetisi U-21 lawan city beberapa waktu lalu..

Monggo masbro gan kalo mau lihat video nya..

Jak_Ilcapitano_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jak_Ilcapitano_11 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SEE WILLOCK SCORE AGAINST UNITED'S BIG RIVALS

There was a new face on the Manchester United bench on Saturday as Matty Willock joined the senior matchday squad for the first time. But how much do you know about the talented teenager?

WILLOCK'S BIG WEEKEND

Matty Willock, aged 18, is a central midfielder and Jose Mourinho selected him as a substitute for the Premier League match against West Bromwich Albion because Paul Pogba (injured) and Ander Herrera (suspended) were both unavailable. The youngster was given an official squad number for the first time, too, taking the vacant no.42 that has been worn by previous Academy graduates including Kieran Richardson, Giuseppe Rossi, Tyler Blackett and, in season 2011/12, Pogba.

Although he did not make his senior debut in the end and instead watched as the Reds were held to a frustrating 0-0 draw, Willock admitted via social media he was still pleased on a personal level. "Great experience for me today," he tweeted. "Unfortunate not to get the result but we go again. #GGMU ."

WHAT'S HIS STORY SO FAR?

Matty was signed by United in the summer of 2012 but was not deemed to be physically ready for action in the Under-18 team in his first year. He soon shot up in height, though, and was able to cover the ground in effortless fashion, which led to him eventually holding down a role in central midfield at youth level.

A natural promotion to the Reserves followed and 2015/16 was arguably his best season with the club, as he showed off his skill and stamina in the middle of the park to become a regular under the management of Warren Joyce. That side, of course, won the Under-21 Premier League title at a canter.

IT’S A FAMILY AFFAIR…

Matty is not the only promising footballer in the Willock family. In fact, he has two younger brothers, Chris and Joe, who are climbing the Academy ranks at Arsenal.

Chris has impressively been included in two senior squads for Emirates FA Cup matches this season and recently earned praise from Arsene Wenger, who said: "Chris is a very gifted player with natural strength and natural talent. He has what you do not find very easily."

Joe is the youngest of the three siblings and he can play in most of the forward positions. In a recent feature on the official Arsenal website, he describes his style as similar to United star Pogba.

THE SCOURGE OF CITY AND LIVERPOOL

Matty has caught the eye at reserve-team level this season with a couple of standout goals away from home against United's biggest rivals: a solo strike at the expense of Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium, and then a last-gasp header to beat Liverpool at Anfield. Add to that his inclusion in Saturday's first-team squad and he is clearly enjoying a fruitful 2016/17.

www.manutd.com
Old 31-08-2017, 11:55 PM   #8
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Semoga kompetisi Eredivisie memberikan pengalaman berharga bagi pemain muda United ini

WILLOCK JOINS FC UTRECHT ON LOAN

Manchester United's young midfielder Matty Willock has completed a season-long loan move to Dutch side FC Utrecht.

The 21-year-old is yet to make his first-team debut for the Reds but trained with Jose Mourinho's side towards the end of last season and was on the bench for the Premier League games against West Bromwich Albion in April and Crystal Palace in May.

Willock joined United in 2012 and established himself as a regular starter for the Under-18s before making the step up to the Reserves. He scored a dramatic last-minute winner at Anfield against Liverpool in last term's Premier League 2 fixture and played in the opening two games of this campaign for Ricky Sbragia's side.

Everyone at the club wishes Matty a successful season in Holland.

www.manutd.com
Old 31-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #9
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Wajahnya tanpa ekspresi

WILLOCK SWAPS UTRECHT FOR ST JOHNSTONE

Manchester United youngster Matty Willock has returned from his loan spell at FC Utrecht, to embark on another temporary spell at Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone.

The 21-year-old is yet to make his first-team debut at United, but came close during the latter stages of 2016/17 when he sat on the bench for the games against West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace.

A hot prospect, Willock joined the Eredivisie side, Utrecht, on 31 August 2017 and he went on to make three senior appearances during the first half of the season against SBV Vitesse, NAC Breda and Ajax.

With first-team opportunities at a premium, it was agreed that Matty's spell in Netherlands should come to an end and he will now spend the second half of 2017/18 in Scotland to work under Tommy Wright.

St Johnstone are currently eighth in the Premiership and Willock could make his debut in Saturday's 15:00 GMT kick-off against Heart of Midlothian.

Everybody at United wishes him luck for the rest of the campaign.

www.manutd.com
Old 30-07-2018, 11:21 PM   #10
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WILLOCK JOINS ST MIRREN ON LOAN

Manchester United Under-23s midfielder Matty Willock has joined Scottish Premiership side St Mirren on a season-long loan deal, subject to international clearance.

The 21-year-old has made another temporary move north of the border, after completing a successful spell at St Johnstone in the second half of last season.

He made 12 appearances for the Scottish top-flight outfit and scored a header from a corner in a 4-1 defeat against Aberdeen at the end of March.

His short stint at McDiarmid Park followed another loan spell at Dutch outfit FC Utrecht.

Willock, who joined United in 2012, has come through the ranks at the club and has represented both the Under-18s and Under-23s.

He has been named on the first-team bench on a couple of occasions and came close to his senior debut on the final day of the 2016/17 Premier League season, but Eric Bailly was able to soldier on after picking up an injury in the Reds’ 2-0 win over Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.

Matty will be hoping to gain more valuable experience during his time at St Mirren, who were promoted to the Scottish top flight last season as the Championship winners after three years in the second tier.

“He certainly brings a physicality to the midfield,” Buddies boss Alan Stubbs told St Mirren's official club website. “Most importantly, he brings competition for places.

“He is a big lad, six foot one or two, powerful, aggressive, he will get around the pitch. He is a threat in terms of scoring, which is what I want to add to the midfield area, and he certainly gives us a lot of options in there.”

Willock added: “I know what I am coming into. I know the tempo of the game is really quick so hopefully my experience last season [with St Johnstone] stands me in good stead."

Everyone at United wishes Matty well during his loan spell at St Mirren.

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 17
Andi Istiabudi, Ardiey11, endhy_cantona, fajrinited, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jifortin, oldark, Redsbusby, rio vander vidic, sepatu_ancur, tumpal_oneunited, w.keane27, zudomiriku