United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football > Club Watch

Old 26-06-2020, 06:30 AM   #1941
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Liverpool - News and Rumors

Selamat untuk Liverpool yang menjadi juara Premier League 2019/2020.
Dengan permainan yang konsisten sepanjang musim, mereka memang layak juara. Mudah-mudahan musim depan trofinya dikembalikan lagi ke Old Trafford yaaa
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 09:56 AM   #1942
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has lifted the Premier League trophy in a spectacular ceremony at Anfield

Henderson and his team-mates lifted the trophy on a custom-built stage on the Kop but with no fans in attendance

Old 28-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #1943
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been named LMA Manager of the Year for the 2019-20 season
Old 15-12-2020, 08:45 AM   #1944
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ex-Liverpool and Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier dies aged 73 following heart surgery - days after revealing he was 'struggling' but vowing 'I'll come out of this' in heartbreaking final text message

* Gerard Houllier dies three weeks after having aortic aneurysm surgery in Paris
* Houllier had a history of health issues and was vulnerable to high blood pressure
* He had a heart attack while managing Liverpool and later quit Aston Villa
* Players who won a treble under him at Liverpool have led the tributes today
* In his final text message to a journalist at the weekend, the 73-year-old admitted after his surgery: 'I am struggling, but I am going to come out of this'
* Houllier had two sons with wife Isabelle, who convinced him to quit football

Former Liverpool and Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier has died at the age of 73 three weeks after having aortic aneurysm surgery in Paris.

The Frenchman, who also managed Paris Saint-Germain and Lyon, had a long history of medical issues, most notably a heart problem and high blood pressure, but the cause of his death remains unknown.

Houllier, who led Liverpool to a unique cup treble in 2001, was described by his former players and colleagues today as a 'great manager and a genuinely caring man' and a 'true gentleman of the game' who 'always put others first'.

A fan favourite at Anfield, Houllier suffered a life-threatening vascular problem during a Premier League match against Leeds in 2001. Later, his spell at Villa was also interrupted by health problems and he never returned to day-to-day coaching after leaving the club in 2011.

French radio station RMC and sports newspaper L'Equipe reported that Houllier died after having a heart operation in Paris. According to L'Equipe journalist Vincent Duluc, Houllier underwent aortic aneurysm surgery three weeks ago and was discharged from a Paris hospital and returned home on Sunday.

He reportedly sent a text message at the weekend saying: 'I am struggling, but I am going to come out of this.'

Former Liverpool and Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier, pictured at an awards ceremony in Monaco just seven weeks ago, has died at the age of 73. Houllier, had a long history of medical issues which twice interrupted his career in English football

Liverpool paid tribute to their former manager today, saying: 'We are mourning the passing of our treble-winning manager, Gerard Houllier.

'The thoughts of everyone at Liverpool Football Club are with Gerard's family and many friends.'

A post from Villa read: 'All at Aston Villa are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Gerard Houllier, our manager during the 2010/11 season.

'Our thoughts are with Gerard's loved ones at this incredibly difficult time.'

Liverpool legend and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher, who played under Houllier at Anfield, tweeted: 'Absolutely devastated by the news about Gerard Houllier, I was in touch with him only last month to arrange him coming to Liverpool.

'Loved that man to bits, he changed me as a person & as a player & got LFC back winning trophies. RIP Boss.'

Jamie Redknapp, who like Carragher moved from the Liverpool team to the Sky studio, called it 'incredibly sad news'.

Describing Houllier as 'a man that did an amazing job for Liverpool football club and for football as a whole', he added: 'My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I will never forget the day he gave me the Liverpool captaincy the greatest honour of my career. RIP Gerard.'

Houllier's assistant manager at Liverpool, Phil Thompson, posted: 'Absolutely devastated and heartbroken at the sad news of the passing of Gerard. My mate, my colleague, my boss.

'One of the greatest moments of my life was when we come together in 1998. Just to be in his company was an absolute treat. So loyal, so passionate and extremely fierce.'

Gary Lineker posted: 'Oh no! Gerard Houllier has passed away. One of football's smartest, warmest and loveliest people. #RIPGerard '.

Ex-Liverpool striker Michael Owen tweeted: 'Absolutely heartbroken to hear that my old boss, Gerard Houllier, has sadly passed away. A great manager and a genuinely caring man. #RIPBoss '.

His early-2000s team-mate Didi Hamann said: 'Devastated to hear the news that our former manager Gerard Houllier passed away.

'Great manager and an even better man. You'll never walk alone Gerard.'

Ian Rush, the former Liverpool striker who had a short spell as a coach under Houllier, said: 'Devastated at the passing of Gerard Houllier. A true gentleman of the game, always put others first.'

Quote:
HOULLIER'S HONOURS

PSG

Division 1 - 1985-86

Liverpool

FA Cup - 2000-01

League Cup - 2000-01, 2002-03

UEFA Cup - 2000-01

FA Charity Shield - 2001

UEFA Super Cup - 2001

Lyon

Ligue 1 - 2005-06, 2006-07

Trophee des Champions - 2005, 2006

France

Under-18 European Championships, 1996

Houllier celebrates with the UEFA Cup trophy after his Liverpool side beat Alaves in the final in Dortmund in May 2001, completing a treble of cup wins that season

Sir Alex Ferguson, meanwhile, hailed Houllier as a 'true gentleman' with 'fantastic football knowledge'.

The legendary Manchester United manager was Houllier's rival during the latter's time in charge at Anfield, but they bridged their respective clubs' rivalries by becoming friends.

Ferguson, 78, himself underwent emergency surgery in May 2018 after suffering a brain haemorrhage, but has since recovered. He said: 'The news has come as a total shock this morning. Gerard Houllier was still a young man at the age of 73. Gerard became a really good friend during his time at Liverpool. We remained great friends after he left.

'He had fantastic football knowledge which he gained during his extensive and varied career. When we saw each other at UEFA meetings or other events, we would often enjoy a chat, he was always great company and I will miss him dearly. He was a true gentleman.'

Houllier arrived at Liverpool in the summer of 1998, initially as joint-manager with Roy Evans before taking sole charge just four months later.

He oversaw a major rebuilding of the first-team squad, signing the likes of Sami Hyypia, Dietmar Hamann and Vladimir Smicer, and changed the tactical philosophy to make them a force once again.

Houllier's methods quickly brought rewards as the Reds won a unique treble in 2000-01 of the FA Cup, UEFA Cup and League Cup, as well as a third-place finish in the Premier League.

The treble was completed with an astonishing 5-4 win over Spanish side Alaves in the UEFA Cup final, just days after Michael Owen's two late goals secured a thrilling comeback win against Arsenal in the FA Cup showpiece.

But only months later, in October 2001, Houllier fell ill at half-time during Liverpool's match against Leeds and was diagnosed with an aortic dissection which required 11 hours of emergency surgery and led to a five-month spell out of the dugout.

Houllier, who had suffered a heart condition known as 'dissection of the aorta', eventually returned and won another League Cup with Liverpool in 2003.

But he left the club at the end of the 2003/04 season, to be replaced by Rafael Benitez, ending his six-year reign at Anfield.

'Liverpool meant six years of happiness of me. The team and I have had a great relationship,' Houllier said upon his departure.

Houllier (pictured bottom middle in 1993) had a short spell in charge of the French national team after failing to take the team to the 1994 World Cup in the United States

Sir Alex Ferguson became friends with his old rival and has hailed a 'true gentleman'

After an insignificant playing career in France's lower leagues, Houllier began coaching in 1973, earning his first big job with Lens before taking over at Paris Saint-Germain.

He became France's assistant coach in 1988 and then manager in 1992 but had a short, unsuccessful spell in charge and resigned after failing to take the team to the 1994 World Cup in the United States.

Houllier, a former English teacher, was seconds from taking France to the USA before Bulgaria grabbed a last-gasp winner at the Parc des Princes.

He described the defeat by Bulgaria as 'the most catastrophic scenario imaginable' and focused on youth coaching immediately after the debacle.

Houllier was largely credited with laying the foundations for the national team's dominance of world football following the establishment of the French academy system.

Players that came through the system helped France win the World Cup in 1998 and the European Championship in 2000. France won the World Cup again in 2018.

In 2002 Houllier was awarded the Legion d'Honneur - one of France's top civil awards.

He also had success back in France with Lyon, leading them to back-to-back Ligue 1 titles.

Houllier is unveiled as Aston Villa manager in 2010, a job he held for one season before leaving the job following further health problems the following year

Houllier returned to management after taking a break in 2010 with Aston Villa but left the role the following year following further heart troubles.

After missing the last few weeks of the season because of his heart problems, Houllier was advised by doctors that he would need more time to recuperate. He never returned to full-time management.

More recently, he worked as head of global football for the Red Bull group which owns RB Leipzig, RB Salzburg and the New York Red Bulls, as well as advising Lyon.

Houllier's wife, Isabelle, was instrumental in him quitting football - with her concerns about returning to the rigours of Premier League management leading to him stepping away from coaching in 2001. The couple had two sons.

In an interview with Sportsmail in 2011, Houllier said: 'In a few weeks I will be 64. I just had my first summer off in years, and spent it with my wife, two sons and my grandchildren. Your health has to come before everything.'

He admitted he was extremely vulnerable to high blood pressure, admitting: 'It seems my vessels, my arteries, are probably weaker than the ordinary man.

'The heart is fine, strong, but the arteries are my weak point and stress can expose that weakness.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9050879/Former-Liverpool-manager-Gerard-Houllier-dies-aged-73.html
Old 27-05-2021, 11:47 AM   #1945
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Mohamed Salah has been voted Liverpool's Standard Chartered Men's Player of the Season
Old 08-11-2022, 03:03 PM   #1946
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Fenway Sports Group put Liverpool up FOR SALE, with the Boston Red Sox owners bringing in big banks Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley to find a buyer after seeing Chelsea sold for £4.25BILLION

* Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group have put the club up for sale
* FSG have owned the Merseyside club since purchasing it back in October 2010
* They are 'inviting offers' for the Premier League giants after 12 years in charge

Fenway Sports Group are prepared to sell their controlling stake in Liverpool and have made the first significant move in ending their 12-year ownership of the club.

Investment banks Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley have been enlisted by FSG to assist in the process of finding a party who would either be prepared to pump money for a percentage - or buy Liverpool outright.

There was willingness from sources close to FSG to insist that they will remain at the helm for the foreseeable future and this is simply a case of looking for ways to bring in fresh investment - something they have always actively sought in the past.

But it is understood an Information Memorandum was sent out to potential buyers last month, which is effectively a sales document, and that indicates there is a significant difference to how situations have been in the past.

The timing of this development is significant and it is believed the failure for a breakaway European Super League to get up and running in 2021 and the £4.25 billion sale of Chelsea in May have both been significant factors in FSG's decision to test the market interest in Liverpool.

When asked about this on Monday, sources in Boston refused to provide any confirmation nor would they give any indication about whether principal investor John W Henry, Chairman Tom Werner or President Mike Gordon would attend this weekend's home game against Southampton.

At the beginning of 2021, RedBird Capital, headed by the American billionaire Gerry Cardinale, bought a 10 per cent stake in FSG, which at the time was valued at £543million. RedBird were once speculated as a potential buyer of Liverpool but they recently bought Serie A giants AC Milan.

FSG paid £300m for Liverpool when they bought the club - who were then on the brink of administration after failed Tom Hicks-George Gillet regime - in October 2010 but it is estimated they could achieve anything up towards £4billion if they cash in now.

In a statement, FSG said: 'There have been a number of recent changes of ownership and rumours of changes in ownership at EPL clubs and inevitably we are asked regularly about Fenway Sports Group's ownership in Liverpool.

'FSG has frequently received expressions of interest from third parties seeking to become shareholders in Liverpool. FSG has said before that under the right terms and conditions, we would consider new shareholders if it was in the best interests of Liverpool as a club.

'FSG remains fully committed to the success of Liverpool, both on and off the pitch.'

During their 12 years as owners, Liverpool have won eight major honours, including the Premier League and Champions League. FSG have also overseen a huge transformation of Anfield, with the capacity set to reach 61,000 next season when the new £60m Anfield Road End opens.

Fenway Sports Group have announced they are 'inviting offers' to sell Liverpool in a dramatic ownership update. As of May 2022, Forbes valued Liverpool at $4.45billion as one of England's biggest teams. Henry and Werner purchased the club from George Gillett and Tom Hicks in 2010. FSG have poured more than £190million into renovating Anfield and increasing capacity

The group drew criticism in 2019 when they attempted to trademark the name Liverpool.

Supporters' group Spirit of Shankly strongly opposed the bid and successfully lobbied against the move.

Henry also publicly addressed fans last year to apologise for Liverpool's part in a foiled European Super League breakaway.

'I want to apologise to all the fans and supporters of Liverpool Football Club for the disruption I caused over the past 48 hours,' he said.

'It goes without saying but should be said that the project put forward was never going to stand without the support of the fans. No-one ever thought differently in England.

'Over these 48 hours you were very clear that it would not stand. We heard you. I heard you.'

A year earlier, amid the global coronavirus pandemic, FSG were heavily criticised for deciding to furlough their non-playing staff.

It forced a quick U-turn from the owners.

Liverpool turned over £533m in that financial year and made a profit of £42m - and yet they chose to take up the government scheme where staff received 20 per cent less pay.

Ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher labelled it a 'big mistake' at the time and was backed up by then-chief executive Peter Moore.

Four of the Premier League's 'Big Six' - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United - are owned by Americans and FSG's bombshell statement comes as major news.

Nine clubs in the Premier League are totally, or partially, owned by Americans following a US-ownership boom in the last two decades.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11398733/Fenway-Sports-Group-puts-Liverpool-SALE-12-years-ownership.html?ico=topics_pagination_desktop

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 160
aadamastivnov6407, Aba_MaczUnited, adefebsa, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, aMieBeckz, Anak.Kecil, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, arief_oct, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, banadegea, bangkit, bang_zak, beckz_on7, begundal, bhowz, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bomagendenkz, bombom, bucay deathbat, choder, christof_ww, clawrider6, d10neladitya, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, denyun#17, derry07cantona, der_emperor, dhanimrh10, dhodoadrian, dudut, dulsun, ecly_watchaa, edroid, ekss, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, Febribule, ferly_Liemz, fey777, FirdaAnnisa, flying_dutchman, fredrian.seven, frengkysme182, frmnsyh_KEANO, ghopoereds, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, Hairul_Vfc, Haji Paidin, handa budi, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, iamsetia, id4y, irfan_mancunianred, irfi_1, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jaxians, jifortin, Jodirama, jun sa, K3nny_11, kingherooney, Lila, lisboa88, LZmtYMzeao, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, MCR7, mfcanon, mspxxs4z, mYa United, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, novanprihasa, ollacarla, Om Juna, Oom Panda, paiman, panda777, penk22_, Pure_red, Raihan_UKI27, rasyidrdh, Ray Undap, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rissa14, rizluq, robby7beckham, Robiescream, ronald hars, SatriaRedArmy, SR 7, stamansa, stefanus catur, stevygita, SuperBecks, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, TomEnrico, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, udhetewur, UdyMUFC, unai cantona, united7, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, vankyoet, vanquish, Van_Munandar, Victory, Welki red devils, Wengge Schmeichel, whoami, wira_ozora, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, yudhaprmna, zan_mufc, Zhacc20, zudomiriku, Zulfan, [skywalker]