United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 09-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #101
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott McTominay

What a spectacular goal by Scot McTominay last night vs city.
Thanks a lot Ederson.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #102
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MCTOMINAY INSISTS REDS MUST BUILD ON THIS

Razor-sharp Scott McTominay relished his special Manchester derby goal at Old Trafford but insists the Reds cannot get carried away.

United’s 77th-minute substitute came on in the heat of the battle against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City and sealed a famous 2-0 win with a long-range beauty in added-on time that raised the Old Trafford roof.

The Scotland midfielder pounced on goalkeeper Ederson’s sloppy throw-out intended for left-back Benjamin Mendy and rifled in from around 40 yards with the Brazilian stranded.

“It was such a sweet moment, especially in a game where we could have done with a goal early on to finish the game,” Scott told Sky Sports.

“It was beautiful. I know one or two City fans and it will be good to rub that in their faces!

“I read the goalkeeper. You have to give yourself half a chance. You rush in and get there, before Mendy, so it was obviously such a beautiful one especially in front of our fans.

“It means a lot for me. Even one or two singing your name, never mind the whole Stretford End and the whole ground, it is brilliant.

“I have been injured for two months but I was desperate to get back because I could see the progression of the team,“ he added. ”To come on today and help the team was a pleasure.

“I am fighting for my place, everybody is not guaranteed a starting spot and everybody has to keep working every week. That is one of the most important things - to keep your feet on the ground and keep pushing forwards.

“We have won a game today, fantastic, but it is the next one and the next one after that,” he stressed.

“We can’t get too carried away we have to keep going and keep pushing for the Champions League.

“Credit to the boys - they were top drawer today. We had a sticky first 15-20 mins but you can see how much it means to the boys. It is a game we have to take confidence from but, in the coming weeks, we have to really go for some proper results and keep this run going.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #103
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MCTOMINAY SPELLS OUT HIS MAIN AIM

Scott McTominay has spelt out his ambition to be one of the first names on the Manchester United teamsheet.

The homegrown midfielder was on the bench for the Manchester derby at the weekend but came on in the second half to score a memorable clincher in front of the Stretford End, pouncing on a mistake by City keeper Ederson to make it 2-0.

Bruno Fernandes's arrival and the excellent form of Nemanja Matic and Fred has created real competition for places in the middle of the park but it is something the Scotland international feels is only going to be beneficial to his individual game.

“Obviously in terms of competition for places, it's so important for a football club,” he said at a press conference to preview Thursday's Europa League tie with LASK. “If you don't have competition for places, people get relaxed, take it too easy and take their foot off the pedal.

“Obviously in a group where everybody is fighting every day to be in the team, it can only breed a healthy environment. Manchester United have always had that competition for places and people being in and out of the team. But obviously for myself, you want to be one of the first names on the teamsheet. That's the way you have to strive for, to strive to be the best. Nemanja's a great player and I can learn a lot from him.

“For me, it's only positive at the minute and hopefully we can go on a really good run to the end of the season with everybody playing as well.”

Fernandes has looked the part since arriving from Sporting Lisbon in January and McTominay clearly admires his new team-mate.

“Yeah, obviously you see with Bruno, he's come in and he's a born winner straightaway,” he said. “You see that in training as well. He's willing to take the ball, to receive the ball in any situation and obviously play the killer pass, which is what we need as a team.

“We need that creativity, we need that spark from somebody and I feel like he's come in and had an amazing start. I can't give him enough credit for the way he has started his career here. Obviously for me, he's demanding, he's very demanding because he's a no. 10 who wants the ball so you have to give him the ball and, if you don't, then you can be in a little bit of trouble!

“But no, he's been a breath of fresh air and I'm sure the manager would reiterate that as well with the way he's come in and interacted with the group perfectly. Obviously, he's got a personality and that's what this football club needs, footballers who play for Manchester United need to have that personality on the pitch and he has that in abundance so it's a real credit.”

www.manutd.com
Old 22-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #104
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Keren! Lomba Lari 5K, Scott McTominay Jadi yang Tercepat di MU
Adhi Prasetya - detikSport

Manchester - Para pemain Manchester United melakukan lomba lari sejauh 5 kilometer. Scott McTominay keluar sebagai pemenang dengan catatan waktu terbaik.

Ceritanya, semasa latihan para pemain MU mengadakan lomba tersebut untuk mengisi waktu selama kompetisi dihentikan karena pandemi virus Corona. Selain itu, lari marathon ini juga menjadi bagian dari latihan mereka untuk menjaga kondisi.

Lomba lari 5 km itu tidak dilakukan secara bersama-sama, tapi masing-masing. Oleh sebab itu, mereka harus mencatat waktu tempuh sendiri.

Dan ternyata, McTominay menjadi yang tercepat. Pemain asal Skotlandia itu mencatat waktu 16 menit saja, seperti yang terlihat di postingan instastory-nya.

Hebatnya lagi, catatan waktunya semakin bagus di setiap kilometernya. Satu kilometer pertama, ia mencatat waktu 3 menit 32 detik, lalu menjadi 3 menit 11 detik di kilometer kedua, kemudian menjadi 3 menit 9 detik di kilometer ketiga.

Pada kilometer keempat dan kelima, gelandang 23 tahun mencatat waktu stabil, yakni masing-masing tiga menit. Jika melihat catatan di jam pintarnya, ia menempuh total jarak 5,03 kilometer selama 16 menit 1 detik.

Fakta McTominay menjadi yang tercepat di marathon jarak pendek ini dikonfirmasi oleh rekan setimya, Daniel James.

"Lomba larinya berjalan bagus, hebat, dan tetap kompetitif," ujar pemain asal Wales itu kepada Daily Mail.

"Scott yang tercepat sejauh ini dan rasanya tak ada yang bisa mengalahkannya," sambungnya.

Catatan waktu McTominay memang masih kalah dibandingkan rekor dunia milik pelari asal Ethiopia, Kenenisa Bekele, yang mencatat waktu 12 menit 37 detik. Namun biar bagaimanapun, prestasi ini menjadi sebuah kebanggaan tersendiri baginya.

Selamat, McTominay!
Old 28-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #105
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I want to be showing myself here': Scott McTominay is glad he stayed to fight for his spot at Manchester United rather than going out on loan in 2018

* Scott McTominay believes he is reaping the rewards of not going out on loan
* The Scotland midfielder was linked with a temporary move to Celtic in 2018
* He has since fought for his spot and become a regular in the United first team

Scott McTominay believes he is reaping the rewards for staying to fight for a first-team place at Manchester United instead of going out on loan.

The Scotland midfielder was linked with a temporary move to Celtic in 2018 after making his breakthrough at Old Trafford under Jose Mourinho.

However, McTominay stayed to establish himself at the heart of United's midfield with Paul Pogba struggling for form and fitness and Fred taking time to adapt to English football.

The 23-year-old has now made 72 appearances for United and enjoyed the highlight of his short career in the last Premier League game when he scored in a 2-0 win over Manchester City in the Old Trafford derby.

Speaking to The Official Manchester United Podcast about turning down the loan option, he said: 'About a year-and-half ago there was a time where it might of been a possibility and then somebody leaves or something like that, and then your opportunity comes and you have to take it.

'You hear loads of stories about boys going on loan and different things like that and I always had it in my head that I don't want that. I want to be showing myself here first and if it doesn't work here then you go somewhere else.'

Scott McTominay believes he is reaping the rewards of not going out on loan in 2018. The Manchester United midfielder fought for a spot and has become a regular in the team. McTominay has faced competition in the midfield from the likes of Paul Pogba and Fred

McTominay believes that players sometimes don't realise how lucky they are to be at United compared to other clubs.

He added: 'You hear the stories about getting the life of luxury at Manchester United and people take that for granted, like the food in the canteen, your kit being laid out for you every morning.

'People just expect that and you have to always remember where you come from in that respect and always appreciate what people do for you. I feel like that is culture that is brought through for us.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8259073/Man-Uniteds-Scott-McTominay-glad-never-went-loan.html
Old 01-05-2020, 07:22 AM   #106
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MUFC MOMENT: 'THE BEST I'VE FELT ON A FOOTBALL PITCH'

Rising midfield star Scott McTominay has admitted that his stunning goal in the recent Manchester derby gave him the best feeling he's ever experienced on a football pitch.

The 23-year-old has been at United since the age of just five and made his first-team debut in May 2017, but picked his most recent match at Old Trafford when we asked him for his favourite 'MUFC Moment'.

The Reds led Manchester City 1-0 when McTominay entered the field of play in the 78th minute as a replacement for Anthony Martial, who had scored the opener for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side during the first half.

McTominay's designated role was surely to help contain and break up the visitors' increasingly desperate attempts to find an equaliser, but when a loose throw from City goalkeeper Ederson rolled towards him, he hit a remarkable 40-yard drive into the vacant Blues' goal to make the game safe.

That sparked delirium among the 70,000-plus United fans inside the ground, and meant personal ecstasy for McTominay.

“Manchester City at home is probably the best that I've ever felt on a football pitch in my life!” the Scotland international explained.

“The feeling that you experience there, the rush of emotions going through the whole stadium, was incredible. For me, being injured for two months or three months, it was massive, that. To come back into the team and obviously try and help the boys from not starting the game, and showing the manager that you're not sulking and that you're ready to come on whenever you're needed, is so important for myself.”

McTominay had missed just shy of two months' football between December and February, after damaging his knee in the 4-1 win over Newcastle United on Boxing Day.

The impressive and industrious midfielder drew praise from fans for his relatively quick return to first-team action, but admitted that his rehabilitation period had been mentally and physically testing.

“The sacrifices that I went through from being injured were massive,” said the Reds' no.39. “You dedicate your whole life to coming back and being fit and sharp and ready, and almost like [a] you've never been missed sort of thing.”

The goal was the Academy graduate's fifth of the season, and his second in little over a week. In his first start since the injury, against Club Brugge on 27 February, McTominay had netted a gorgeous strike from the edge of the area a few minutes before half-time.

But the moment against City – our last game at Old Trafford before the UK's COVID-19-enforced lockdown – remains foremost in his mind.

“There's a big list of feelings that I've been proud [of] after games,” he noted. “Obviously making your debut, scoring your first goal – those feelings of achieving something like that is so important for a young kid who's come through the Academy, as well.

“Hopefully there's many more to come and plenty of achievements that you do relish and are very, very proud of.”

www.manutd.com
Old 27-05-2020, 11:11 AM   #107
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Scott McTominay Pamer Sixpack, Bruno Fernandes Kasih Nasihat
Afif Farhan - detikSport

Manchester - Ada cerita menarik antara pemain Manchester United, Scott McTominay dan Bruno Fernandes. Itu karena postingan foto sixpack.

Beberapa waktu lalu kala isolasi diri, Scott McTominay memposting foto sedang berlatih di rumah. Dia pun memamerkan perut sixpack-nya.

Tak ayal, fotonya dikomentari netizen. Menariknya, salah satu pemain Manchester United, Bruno Fernandes juga memberikan komentar.

"Scottyyyyyy training with the ball is really important, don't forget that," tulis Bruno Fernandes.

Bruno Fernandes tampak mengingatkan, boleh-boleh saja Scott McTominay membentuk badan lebih kekar. Hanya saja, jangan lupakan untuk berlatih dengan bola.

Artinya, Scott McTominay tetap harus mengasah keahliannya untuk memainkan si kulit bundar. Apalagi, perannya sebagai gelandang bertahan cukup vital dalam perebutan bola.

Menurut kamu, bagus nggak nasihatnya Bruno Fernandes?
Old 24-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #108
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Scott McTominay signs new five-year deal at Manchester United keeping him at Old Trafford until 2025 as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tips midfield star to be a 'major asset' to his squad

* Scott McTominay has been one of Manchester United's stand-out performers
* He has featured 28 times in all competitions this season for the Red Devils
* McTominay has made 75 appearances for United since his debut in 2017
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has sung the praises of the Scotland international

Scott McTominay has signed a new long-term deal with Manchester United until 2025, with an option of extending by a further year.

McTominay has been one of United's most consistent performers this season, and has impressed in the heart of midfield as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side hunt that final Champions League spot.

The 23-year-old has been at Old Trafford since 2012, and has made 75 appearances for the first team since his debut against Arsenal in 2017.

He is viewed as an instrumental figure in Solskjaer's plans going forward, and the United boss insists the Scotland international will be a 'major asset'.

Solskjaer said: 'Scott has done tremendously well since I joined and has been a vital part of our midfield. He brings determination, tenacity and skill to the game and we know that Scott's attributes will be a major asset to the squad over the coming years.

Manchester United have tied down midfielder Scott McTominay until at least 2025. McTominay has been one of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's stand-out performers this campaign. McTominay admitted he is over the moon to have signed a new long-term deal with the club

As we always say the academy is the bedrock of the club and having come through the system everyone knows that Scott has shown the exact mentality that you need to succeed at Manchester United.

'I look forward to seeing his continued improvement in years to come.'

McTominay has featured 28 times in all competitions this season for the Red Devils, scoring five times and creating one assist.

And the Scotland international has admitted that he is over the moon to have put pen to paper on a new long-term contract.

The midfielder said: 'Whilst I understand that we all have so many other things to think about at the moment, I'm so happy to sign this contract and play a part in the future ahead for this team.

'All I have ever known is United and I hope that my passion for the club shows every time I go onto the pitch. I'll continue to give everything for this club whenever I pull on the shirt.

'I want to thank the manager for the faith he has shown in me and everyone at the club that has helped me to get where I am today.

'I'm looking forward to finishing this season on a high and hopefully achieving our aims.'

McTominay will be desperate to secure Champions League football come the end of the campaign following a recent run of fine form for the club.

United currently sit fifth in the Premier League, five points behind Chelsea in the race for top four with eight matches remaining.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8450363/Scott-McTominay-signs-new-five-year-deal-Manchester-United-keeping-Old-Trafford-2025.html
Old 06-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #109
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Scott McTominay grew seven inches in a year but his rapid rise at Manchester United started when Jose Mourinho picked him ahead of Paul Pogba... now on a deal until 2025, the Scot will always be grateful to the Special One

* Scott McTominay has signed a new contract at Manchester United until 2025
* The Scotland midfielder was given his first-team opportunity by Jose Mourinho
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has continued to aid his development at Old Trafford
* Despite the raft of money spent on new players, he is still a regular fixture

Jose Mourinho didn't leave much of a legacy at Manchester United but he can claim credit for giving an unknown youngster called Scott McTominay his shot at the big time.

McTominay wasn't one of the jewels from the United academy and a growth spurt of seven inches in the year after his 18th birthday initially did more harm than good.

There were times even he doubted he'd be able to make it.

'United showed a ridiculous amount of patience,' he reflects. 'I couldn't even play an Under-18s game because I was growing, my legs were stretching, I had no co-ordination.

'The fitness coach Mark Hulse always said he'd transform me into a beast one day, and I was like: "It's not happening".'

But Mourinho liked his attitude, tackling and ability to follow instructions. By the time he was 20, McTominay had adapted to his new 6ft 4in frame and Mourinho gave him a chance ahead of record signing Paul Pogba.

Scott McTominay has signed a new deal to keep him at Manchester United until 2025. United announced the Scotland international's new deal on Tuesday afternoon

The midfielder justified the faith and has also blossomed since under a new manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

This week, the Scotland international hailing from Lancaster signed a new five-year deal at the club. Whatever money is spent at Old Trafford in the next few windows, McTominay, who has featured in the four games since football's return, starting two, is part of the plans - maybe even as a regular first-teamer if his development continues.

Solskjaer and Mourinho had different visions for United but the 23-year-old Scotland international is one of the players they agree on.

'You can only beat top teams if the attitude is special. The work of Scott was absolutely crucial,' said Mourinho of the team that finished Premier League runners-up in 2017-18.

'Scott never disappoints when he plays,' sums up Solskjaer. 'It's not hard to see him playing many, many games for Man United because he has got such a great mentality.'

Indeed, McTominay's goal against City in the Manchester derby just before lockdown has been regularly namechecked by Solskjaer as an example of what the club should aspire to.

Jose Mourinho was the manager to give United's academy starlet his first-team chance

United have more than £250million worth of midfield players to choose from – Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Nemanja Matic and Fred – but it's important they also have 'one of their own' from the academy good enough to fight for a place.

The irony is that McTominay was never regarded as a certainty to make it. There wasn't the same buzz around him at the academy as more natural talents Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood.

Coaches and team-mates admired a very focused individual with strong family support. Once he grew from 5ft 6in on his 18th birthday, he became a formidable physical presence too. But until then, there were doubts.

'My body wasn't ready at a younger age,' he admits. 'The coaches (Warren Joyce and Paul McGuinness) were really good with me, putting me in and out of training sessions but not giving me much game time.

'I always knew I would grow tall, though maybe not as tall as I did. I was lucky because some clubs at 13 or 14 might have thought: 'he's not playing games – we'll get rid of him.'

McTominay's United connections began aged five and he was part of the academy from nine. As a 10-year-old, he was selected by the club to play an international event in Spain and was named player of the tournament.

By his early teens however, others physically matured before him. His feet were good enough and his mentality strong but such are the standards at United, it wasn't totally clear the pathway would be there.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has continued to allow McTominay to thrive in the centre of midfield. McTominay got given his opportunity ahead of record signing Paul Pogba under Mourinho

'Scott's always been grateful to the coaches who stood by him because they knew he had the technical ability to go on and make it,' affirms his schoolboy friend and team-mate from Lancaster, Mark Towers.

He shared digs for two years with another United graduate Josh Harrop, now at Preston, and the pair spurred each other on, a friendship forged on strict training regimes and strict club landlords making sure they lived the right life for aspiring sportsmen.

Unlike some United starlets, McTominay wasn't sent on loan. His attributes fitted what Mourinho wanted. He made his debut in a 2-0 defeat at Arsenal in 2017 and made 25 appearances the following season as United finished second.

Mourinho sometimes selected him ahead of Pogba because of his tactical discipline and ability to keep things simple.

That season he also chose to play for Scotland. His Scottish grandfather revealed that no less a figure than Sir Alex Ferguson had recommended it.

Since Solskjaer's arrival, McTominay has flourished. Regarded as a destroyer in midfield when he first broke into the team, he's been able to get forward more in recent months, and has scored five goals this season.

United will always be linked with expensive transfer targets but McTominay's versatility – able to hold for Pogba and Fernandes or play further forward – means he's not going anywhere.

McTominay is humble enough to thank everyone who has made his journey possible, including Mourinho. The Portuguese may not be a Special One to many at Old Trafford because of his stormy exit but McTominay insists: 'He will always be special to me and my family. He is the one who trusted me and gave me my start in the first team.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8455753/McTominays-attitude-earned-team-shot-United-earned-new-deal.html
Old 05-09-2020, 06:29 PM   #110
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MCTOMINAY: DEALING WITH INJURIES IS TOUGH

The 2019/20 season was full of highs and lows for Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay.

The 23-year-old racked up more first-team appearances last term than he has in any of his previous campaigns at Old Trafford, while he also netted our 2,000th Premier League goal and bagged important strikes against Arsenal and Manchester City.

However, Scott also suffered the first long-term injury of his senior career in December, and was rotated in and out of the side after Project Restart.

For that reason, McTominay has plenty to reflect on ahead of a new campaign and, speaking to the Official Scotland national team podcast, our no.39 knows ups and downs are an unavoidable part of football.

“Whenever it’s all going swimmingly, you’re playing every week and scoring a few goals here and there, it’s good. Then you get a setback and you have to react to that,” he said.

“You can’t hang your head and be disappointed about that. You have to think about when you’ll be back and set dates for yourself to push yourself back from injury as well as you can without re-injuring yourself.

“For me, injuries are part of football and you have to accept that. You’ll never go through your career without picking up a minor injury, or a longer-term injury. Everyone will have some troubles in their career, but that’s part and parcel of football.”

Scott also opened up on the mental toll of missing games through injury and the importance of surrounding yourself with a supportive network of people.

“A lot of that does come from the people you’ve got around you, your family… my mum and dad stayed at my house for two or three months when I got injured,” he revealed.

“They made sure I ate all the right foods, which I do anyway, checking if there’s anything you need. They’re the type of people who get you through stuff; always having someone there to speak to if you’re having a tougher time.

“For me, it went so quick from when I first got injured [in December] - my knee, that was 10 weeks - that went really quick because I had people around, coming to see me. You can’t really do much when you’re on crutches!

“The physios at the club were amazing and they pushed me every single day to my limits to get me back as quick as I could, and it shows when you come back to matches and you’re ready. You’re only mugging yourself off if you don’t come back in that way.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 27
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, chincarito, endhy_cantona, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, id4y, ivanzferdinand, Jodirama, penk22_, Rean, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, weelblack, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yogiromadhona, zudomiriku