United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 08-07-2016, 05:14 AM   #31
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Old 08-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #32
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute

WHICH IS MKHITARYAN'S BEST POSITION?

Manchester United's latest signing Henrikh Mkhitaryan has performed a variety of roles throughout his career and will offer numerous options to new manager Jose Mourinho.

Fans will wait with intrigue to see where Mourinho feels his new signing is best suited within the team but evidence over the past three seasons at Borussia Dortmund suggests he is most effective as a wide player. Last term, he was regularly switched from the right to left flank and recorded remarkable figures in both positions.

From 24 games on the right, he delivered 10 goals and 17 assists. On the opposite wing, he supplied 12 goals and 12 assists from 21 appearances. He played six games in an attacking midfield slot and only one as a support striker, during a 5-1 away defeat to Bayern Munich in October, which might not have been fairly representative of his ability to perform such a task. United's Adnan Januzaj came on as a substitute in that fixture during his loan stint at Dortmund.

In 2014/15, Mkhitaryan was used on the right (22) more often than the left (16) but throughout his opening campaign in Germany he was regularly deployed as a central attacking midfielder. The Armenia international has appeared once for Dortmund in a deeper midfield role but most of his work is as a creative, forward-thinking force.

So it is only in his last couple of seasons at the Westfalenstadion that he has matured into a top-class wide player. Previously, with Shakhtar Donetsk, he was a central attacking midfielder who would operate from the middle. This is where he showcased his intelligence and ability to influence games rather than as an out-and-out winger in the mould of Ryan Giggs or Andrei Kanchelskis, the only other United player from the old Soviet Union.

At international level, his versatility becomes even more apparent. Clearly the main man for Armenia, and captain, he carries a lot of responsibility on his shoulders but has no fixed role. In his last four outings for his country, he started in different positions in each of them (attacking midfield, central midfield, left wing and right wing). In some of the most taxing fixtures, he tends to move to an orthodox midfield slot but was actually deployed as centre-forward in two games against Denmark in 2013 and 2014.

One thing that does seem pretty certain is Mourinho will not view his latest acquisition as a striker but rather a shrewd attacker who can operate on either flank and is capable of being equally effective in those wide areas. Depending on which formation the master tactician uses on any given occasion, Mkhitaryan should be ready to answer the call to add the required attacking nous and carry out his manager's instructions with his renowned intelligence.

Note: Positional data sourced from TransferMarkt.co.uk.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2016/Jul/What-is-new-Manchester-United-signing-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-best-position.aspx
Old 14-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #33
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WHY DEFENDERS HATE FACING MKHITARYAN
Report by Adam Marshall

Manchester United new boy Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the kind of player all defenders hate to play against, according to his former international coach Tom Jones.

Jones first spotted a raw teenager appearing in Armenia's Under-21s against their counterparts from Liechtenstein back in 2006. The 17-year-old caught the coach's eye in Yerevan and has never looked back since, earning a dream move to Old Trafford this summer to become part of Jose Mourinho's new-look United side.

In the mid-2000s, Jones was assisting Armenia manager Ian Porterfield, Sunderland's 1973 FA Cup final hero, after a stint in South Korea. The coach took over as interim boss when Porterfield sadly lost his battle with cancer and, in his six games in charge, helped engender a change in mindset that has benefited an attacking spark like Mkhitaryan.

Clearly, his first impression of the young FC Pyunik prospect was a positive one. "I was with the main national side but the first time I saw Henrikh was when he was playing for the Under-21s," Jones told ManUtd.com. "I was there sitting with Vardan [Minasyan], who was a coach with the national team and ended up taking over when I left.

"I said: 'He's too good to be playing in that team. Get him in the full squad.' From that time, he just joined the full squad and was regularly part of the training."

Porterfield acted on the recommendation and handed Mkhitaryan his senior international debut as a substitute against Andorra. The youngster handled the step up in his stride, helped by the fact he was playing his club football with Pyunik. "I quickly found out most of the players, around 80 per cent, came from that one big team," said Jones. "That included the Under-21s as well. A lot of players knew each other and were comfortable with each other."

Jones and Porterfield found Mkhitaryan to be a charming individual, one who seemed at home among older colleagues. "He was a great lad," recalled Jones. "Really, really polite and well spoken. The good thing as well, from my point of view, was his English was very good. His mother was involved with the Armenian FA."

Yet it was on the pitch where Henrikh's personality really came out, showing a fearlessness and precocious attitude to the game.

"He is one of them - a glider," said Jones. "When he's got the ball at his feet, he just runs at people and simply creates so many problems for defenders because his first thought is to get at them. People don't like that, of course, and, when they start coming and stepping out, he is sliding balls in between them. He is very clever like that - he could make a goal and score a goal.

"I always liked him to play just behind the front two. If you play two up top there, he was the one who could join in. That's why he's scored goals and why I said the boy can make a goal and score a goal. He's got both sides of the game in him and that's because he is fearless. He gets at people, runs at people and defenders hate that.

"They can't touch him and it's what he did very well. I also watched him play for Pyunik a few times, in different games when I was out there. But even when you see him in training, he's an unbelievable talent."

Mkhitaryan will be a key figure for Armenia when they embark on a qualifying group that includes Romania, Denmark and Poland as they bid to reach the next World Cup finals in Russia. A bolder approach has aided the national team's cause and Jones feels he had a big role to play in instilling more confidence into the side.

"They've never qualified for a major tournament but, if you look at some of their results, they can always turn you over," he said. "Vardan was frightened we were going to become too open but I managed to convince Ian, as he was a bit more defensive, that we were not going to get beaten heavily.

"Ian showed me a few DVDs and I just didn't see the opposition goalkeeper because we were camped in our own half on damage limitation. I changed that mentality and just said: 'Let's press up the pitch and stop them playing'. It worked wonders for us and everybody could see the benefits and a change in that mindset from that day."

The only question mark will be whether Mhkitaryan can deal with the demands of playing for one of the world's biggest clubs but Jones believes this won't be a problem for the 27-year-old. "I'm sure Henrikh was already an idol in Armenia when playing for Borussia Dortmund," he reasoned. "To go to a club like United is a different level again for a player from such a small country but I think he will cope.

"He has already stepped up from Armenia to Dortmund and I think Liverpool tried to sign him a number of years ago as well. I mentioned him to quite a few managers when I came back to England, including Phil Parkinson when he was at Hull City. It was just a matter of whether they could get international clearance. Once that opened up, I think that was the stepping stone for Henrikh to go to Germany and he has never looked back."

Jones is still coaching - he is currently with non-league team Chippenham Town and is eagerly anticipating the new season. "Chippenham are a very progressive club," he stated. "We want to get in the Conference South. The chairman has got good ambitions and we'll be ready to have a right go at it this year."

Although he'll be busy with his own side, the former Swindon Town midfielder will also be keeping a close eye on how Mkhitaryan fares at Old Trafford in 2016/17. "The boy is a hell of a talent," he insisted, and we are all looking forward to seeing him in the red shirt."

http://www.manutd.com/
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #34
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

MKHITARYAN OPTIMISTIC AFTER FIRST UNITED GAME

One of the positives from Manchester United’s 2-0 win over Wigan Athletic was the first-half performance of Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Jose Mourinho’s summer signing from Borussia Dortmund who impressed supporters with a menacingly creative display at the DW Stadium.

The 27-year-old Armenian started the match as a no.10 and quickly created an excellent opportunity for Memphis Depay, before missing the target himself when meeting a cross. He was taken off at half-time as one of seven planned substitutions and Mourinho praised his unofficial debut after the match, describing him as a “top-class player” with a “magnificent” brain.

Mkhitaryan spoke exclusively to MUTV following the final whistle and discussed his first match with United.

“I would say it was a good game,” declared Henrikh. “The first half was a little bit difficult because we couldn't score a goal. But whatever, we made a good game and thank you to my team-mates. I was trying to feel comfortable. I think day by day it will be better."

Asked about how he is settling in with his new club, Mkhitaryan spoke optimistically about the future: “I am trying, because the first days are always very difficult. You have to get to know your team-mates and their qualities, so I am trying to learn everything very quickly. Game by game it will be better and better. Of course we're getting ready for the new season so we are trying to do everything the coach is asking from us."

Saturday’s 2-0 win in Wigan was cheered on by around 7,000 United fans at the DW Stadium and Mkhitaryan was grateful to play in front of such support. “It's always a pleasure to see the United fans during the away games so I am happy and I say thanks to them for coming,” he concluded.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jul/Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-speaks-to-MUTV-after-debut-against-Wigan.aspx
Old 18-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #35
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Henrikh Mkhitaryan shows Manchester United fans a glimpse of his quality during 45-minute appearance against Wigan

* Henrikh Mkhitaryan made his Manchester United debut at the DW Stadium
* The Armenia international was substituted at the half-time interval
* Mkhitaryan looked sharp as he was given run out by Jose Mourinho
* United won 2-0 thanks to goals by Will Keane and Andreas Pereira

Some early flickers - and a few titters in the Manchester United end. Even on Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s low-key introduction at Wigan, the 7,000 travellers can imagine next season being different to the bilge they were served up for three long, lacklustre years.

A friendly, yes; only a friendly. A chance for some early pre-season minutes before embarking on a tour of China; but also an opportunity to show that United want to be different under Jose Mourinho. Fielding players like Mkhitaryan will ensure they will seize games more often.

The £26million acquisition from Borussia Dortmund proved that point before being taken off at half-time, replaced by the impressive Juan Mata, as he knitted Mourinho’s attacking four together, weaving his way through small gaps, bringing others into play.

Manchester United new boy Henrikh Mkhitaryan was lively throughout his first appearance for the Red Devils

If nothing else, the Armenian indicated his lurking tendencies will have Premier League teams keeping a close eye on him in the coming season.

He is someone United supporters will have watched during his time in Germany. Perhaps not extensively, but they already had an idea as to what to expect.

That is an attacking midfielder who wants to join in and who looks forward whenever possible. Glue to his boots and lasers in his eyes.

Mourinho prioritised his arrival this summer with a lack of ingenuity in the final third glaringly obvious to Louis van Gaal's successor as he spent months planning for this job.

He needed runners from midfield who are willing to find gaps in between the lines, but who do so at pace rather than the sort of labouring, possession obsession to which United had become accustom.

Mkhitaryan fits the bill, showing just what he can do at the DW Stadium, and most notably 11 minutes in when - on picking up a loose ball on halfway, slaloming a way past a couple of defenders before slipping towards Memphis Depay in between right back and centre half.

By that time he had reached the 18-yard box; it has been some time since United possessed a player willing to carry the ball such a distance before finding a man, or indeed run beyond a striker. The concept was lost under Van Gaal.

That is why Saturday afternoon in Wigan will please Mourinho and those who made the trip. You cannot glean a great deal from days like these but Mkhitaryan’s default setting, as shown here, will offer a new dimension.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho would have been pleased with Mkhitaryan's performance

He should unquestionably have opened the scoring just before the break - blazing over a half-volley all alone at the back post. It is an area of his game which needs improvement.

But there were enough deft touches, pleasing on the eye and menacing for any opposition, to make it clear he will have a real part to play under Mourinho - be it in behind a striker, as was the case here, or wide right, where he spent much of his last year at Dortmund.

Those began in the opening moments, Mkhitaryan darting into the box - pointing where he wanted the ball as he glided - before dragging back for Depay before the move then broke down. It has been some time since United fans have witnessed one of theirs so willing to break beyond and force games. Be it a friendly at Championship Wigan or Bournemouth in the Premier League on the opening day, it is just the way he plays.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3693381/Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-shows-Manchester-United-fans-glimpse-quality-45-minute-appearance-against-Wigan.html
Old 21-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #36
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

MKHITARYAN TARGETS TITLES WITH UNITED

Manchester United new boy Henrikh Mkhitaryan has outlined his determination to win titles with Jose Mourinho's Reds.

The Armenia captain completed his transfer from Borussia Dortmund earlier this month and impressed during his unofficial debut in the 2-0 friendly win over Wigan Athletic on Saturday, performing as a number 10 at the DW Stadium and later earning praise from his manager.

Mkhitaryan has since flown to China for Tour 2016, presented by Aon, and arrived in China with the rest of Mourinho's 25-man squad on Wednesday. The 27-year-old forward now hopes to feature against his former club, Dortmund, in Friday's much-anticipated match at the Shanghai Stadium.

"It's a very good opportunity to play for United," Henrikh explained at a press conference to detail United and Gulf Oil International's commitment to China. "Manchester are one of the biggest clubs.

"I am very happy and I will try to do my best to help us win. We will try to do everything to win titles. It will be difficult but let's hope we can have a good preparation and then we will see."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jul/henrikh-mkhitaryan-determined-to-win-titles-with-manchester-united.aspx
Old 21-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #37
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Yup...mantab nih Mkhitaryan.
Udah pasang target Juara bersama Manchester United.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #38
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Henrikh Mkhitaryan desperate to win titles with Manchester United in memory of his tragic dad

* Henrikh Mkhitaryan lost his father in tragic circumstances aged just seven
* Former footballer Hamlet died of a brain tumour at the age of 33 in 1996
* Mkhitaryan has responsed to that loss to have a fine career of his own
* Armenia's all-time top goalscorer is determined not to waste his talent

Henrikh Mkhitaryan was seven-years-old when his father, Hamlet, died from a brain tumour.

A striker who won two caps for the Armenia national team, he brought his young family back from France to spend his final days in their home town of Yerevan, having left a year before Henrikh was born in the wake of a devastating earthquake that killed 25,000 people and left half a million more homeless.

Three operations had failed to cure his illness and he passed away at the age of 33 in May 1996, leaving behind his wife Marina Taschyan, young Henrikh and daughter Monica.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan has overcome childhood hardship to blossom into Armenia's best player

Mkhitaryan remembers sitting by the door and crying when his father wouldn't take him to training at Valence or Issy, his clubs in France.

But he clearly passed on something to his son because those who saw them both play have been struck by the similarity in their attacking styles.

It has served Henrikh well. Captain of Armenia, as well as his country’s all-time top goalscorer and most famous footballing export, he is now a Manchester United player.

Sitting in a marquis in the middle of Shanghai’s Century Park for the launch of United’s new home kit, Mkhitaryan – or Micki to his team-mates – is proud to speak about the driving force behind his career.

‘Because of him, when we came back to Armenia it was my dream to continue his work and to be a good player also,’ says the 27-year-old, who moved to Old Trafford from Borussia Dortmund for £26.3m last month.

‘He was my motivation because when I was young he was playing football professionally, and I was always dreaming to go with him to the training ground. I couldn't understand that I would disturb him during training because I was a child.

‘He was 33-years-old. It’s a pity but life continues. I hope he’s proud looking at me from the sky. I try to do everything to make him proud.

‘I watched his videos many times when I was young but now they’re just memories.

‘I’m sad because I think he could help me with his words and support. But that’s life. I'm trying to do everything with my family members and friends who are watching me playing every game. They try to help me to say where I did wrong and where I did well.

‘It’s very difficult when you grow up without a father because in the family you don’t have a man who can give you direction and discipline.

Mkhitaryan tragically lost his father aged seven. The early loss of his father Hamlet is seen by the player as a driving force in his career

‘My mother was both my mother and father, so I'm thankful to her and all the people who were next to me at that time in a hard moment. So I think that life continues.

‘My mother works in the Armenian Football Federation (as head of the national teams department), and my sister works at UEFA. We are a football family.’

Mkhitaryan won four Armenian titles with FC Pyunik in Yerevan before moving to Metalurh Donetsk in Ukraine, and then helped their more illustrious neighbours Shakhtar finish as champions three years in a row.

That alerted Dortmund who beat Liverpool to sign him for £24.4m in 2013, and he became a key figure in Jurgen Klopp’s success story in Germany.

Klopp is now in the enemy camp at Anfield, and Dortmund team-mate Ilkay Gundogan also moved to England this summer to join Manchester City.

‘It doesn't matter if he (Gundogan) will be my rival, I will be happy to see him every day or any time he wants,’ smiles Mkhitaryan, who scored his first goal for United in a 4-1 defeat against his old German club in Shanghai.

Another Dortmund player, Shinji Kagawa, recommended life in Manchester even though his spell at Old Trafford was largely disappointing.

‘At this club you have to try to do everything to show your best qualities, otherwise you will not be here anymore,’ adds Mikhitaryan. ‘It doesn't matter if they bought me for 38m Euros or 40m Euros, I'm not guaranteed to play the games.’

An articulate, intelligent player who speaks six languages, he is determined not to waste his opportunity. The chance to take his career to new heights, to make his father proud, is too precious.

‘I am always doing the maximum for myself because after my football career I want to sit down and think I've done something good – I won this title or that title, because that’s the history,’ says Mkhitayran.

‘If you retire after your career, people will talk about your titles. So that’s the most important thing in football.

‘As a child, I dreamed of playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. When my agent phoned to say I had an interest from Manchester United, I was very happy because it means I did something good in my life.’

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3709617/Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-desperate-win-titles-Manchester-United-memory-tragic-dad.html
Old 31-07-2016, 03:15 AM   #39
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Klopp Tidak Pernah Tertarik Boyong Mkhitaryan ke Liverpool
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Liverpool - Sukses Henrikh Mkhitaryan tidak lepas dari jasa Juergen Klopp. Namun, Klopp mengaku tidak pernah tertarik mendatangkan Mkitaryan ke Liverpool.

Klopp sempat bekerja sama dengan gelandang Armenia itu selama dua musim di Borussia Dortmund. Akan tetapi, Mkhitaryan baru mencapai performa terbaiknya pada2015-16 di bawah asuhan Thomas Tuchel di mana dia mengemas 19 gol dan 24 assist.

Mkhitaryan lantas mengungkapkan keinginannya meninggalkan Dortmund. Selain MU, Klopp disebut-sebut ingin bereuni dengan mantan anak buahnya itu di Anfield tapi dibantah.

Pada akhirnya pesepakbola berusia 27 tahun itu berlabuh ke Old Trafford. Sedangkan Liverpool mendatangkan sejumlah pemain baru sepertiS adio Mane, Georginio Wijnaldum, Joel Matip and Loris Karius.

"Saya pernah memiliki pemain itu," ucap Klopp kepada Liverpool ECHO. "Kalau Anda bermain memiliki pemain, Anda lebih tahu tentang mereka. Anda ingin belajar tentang para pemain lain. Begitulah."

"Saya cukup tahu lebih awal bahwa dia akan seperti ini [bergabung MU]. Benar-benar tidak ada alasan bagi saya untuk ikut memburu dia. Bukan begitu cara kami bekerja."

"Kami tidak mencari para pemain yang sudah pernah bekerja dengan kami. Kalau Anda melakukannya, Anda tahu positif dan negatif mereka dan Anda penasaran apakah Anda akan melakukannya lagi," lanjut manajer Liverpool ini.

"Bukannya membosankan, tapi Anda sudah saling mengetahui satu sama lain. Jadi bagaimana Anda bisa berkembang? Di mana langkah berikutnya? Dimanakah dorongan berikutnya untuk perkembangan? Kami bisa saja membidik banyak pemain. Tapi yang pertama, Anda harus memikirkan, 'Apa yang saya butuhkan?"
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 07:03 AM   #40
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube

WHY MKHITARYAN IS YET TO START FOR UNITED

Jose Mourinho has explained why he didn’t name Henrikh Mkhitaryan in his starting XI for either of Manchester United’s first two competitive games of the season.

Attacking midfielder Mkhitaryan, 27, became the second of the Reds’ four summer signings when he completed his switch from Borussia Dortmund early in July.

Last season’s Bundesliga Players’ Player of the Year started United’s first three pre-season encounters, against Wigan Athletic, his old club Dortmund and Galatasaray, before playing the second half of Wayne Rooney’s Testimonial against Everton.

But the Armenian is being eased into competitive action, coming off the bench in stoppage time in the Reds’ Community Shield win over Leicester City, and for the final 15 minutes of the Premier League opening-weekend victory at Bournemouth.

Asked in his Thursday press conference to reveal his thinking behind the decision, Mourinho provided an honest and detailed answer, reiterating that Mkhitaryan would be an important player for United this term.

"Options," the boss said. "I was reading the game against Leicester and I felt that we needed the speed of Jesse Lingard and, in the game against Bournemouth, that [Juan] Mata would help guard against their pressing really high. He could reach some spaces behind the line of the pressure and could be very useful for us.

"I decided to play [Wayne] Rooney in both games, close to Zlatan [Ibrahimovic], and I didn't start with Micki. When some managers buy players, they feel they have to protect their choices by playing the player all the time – I am not like this. Before me, comes the team and what I think is best for the team.

"I felt that Lingard and Mata were better options for the team in these matches, with the reality of the Premier League, so I made that decision.

"I keep saying the same thing, though, that Mkhitaryan is a super football player and will give us a lot during the season."

Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/Jose-Mourinho-explains-why-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-did-not-start-Manchester-Uniteds-first-two-games.aspx
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 63
Aba_MaczUnited, Alam Belitung, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, asririzky, bang_zak, Blacklist7, boimKosim, capt_gunts, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, finza_13, fredrian.seven, Genk's007, goodfron, goodmin, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, HenryRooney07, id4y, ivanzferdinand, jojo poenya, Juni HW, m4nunited, mygalzbiatch, Nanda Vukanovic Mufc, NdeGue, nobitanta, Ompiter, penk22_, Regasiqbal, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, Ryan_lallo, Sigied Giggsy, smile_boy, Subagio U. Arra, Thomas, tumpal_oneunited, Van_Munandar, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku