United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2009/2010

Old 01-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #71
drivemein
first team
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Re: [CC] Man Utd vs Aston Villa - The FINAL

O'Neill: Poor decision hard to take
-teamtalk.com-

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill was at a loss to understand how Nemanja Vidic was not sent off in Sunday's Carling Cup final at Wembley.

Vidic wasn't even shown a yellow card after hauling down Gabriel Agbonlahor to hand Villa the early penalty from which James Milner fired them ahead.

And he stayed on to help the holders recover to notch a 2-1 win with goals from Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney.

Afterwards O'Neill told BBC One: "I think it would be universally accepted they should have been down to 10 men. There's no other decision to make.

"It's not a good decision by an otherwise fine referee. It's the major point of the match.

"In two or three weeks it's forgotten and the trophy's on their mantlepiece, but it's a poor decision."

O'Neill backed his side to recover from the disappointment and book another Wembley date in the FA Cup final.

"It's hard to take," he said. "I thought we played splendidly, particularly in the first half, and got in front.

"Manchester United got the equaliser but at half-time I felt we were very, very capable of winning.

"I'm disappointed for the team but they're resilient, they're strong, they're young and they'll fight back."

He added: "We felt we were capable no matter what side they played. We have to try and get back here again in May because it's a worthwhile journey."
Old 01-03-2010, 02:41 AM   #72
drivemein
first team
-

drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice

Rooney – It’s an unbelievable feeling
-unitedrant.co.uk-

Manchester United players were delighted with today’s 2-1 Carling Cup win over Aston Villa at Wembley. None more so that match winner Wayne Rooney, who came off the bench to head home. The 28-goal striker replaced Michael Owen in the 40th minute and headed home United’s winning goal with 15 minutes to go.

“It’s a great feeling to play in a final at Wembley and to score the winning goal,” said Rooney who started the match with a cold and ended it with a minor knee injury.

“It’s an unbelievable feeling but the lads did really well and we deserve the win. I wasn’t feeling too great and I should have scored another header. It hit the post, maybe I should have been another one?”

Serbian Nemanja Vidic, who Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neil felt should have seen red for a fourth minute challenge on Gabriel Agbonlahor, said that United deserved a third Carling Cup win in five years.

“It’s nice to win the big games, it was a hard game today but we deserved to win,” said the former-Spartak Moscow defender, who escaped further sanction from referee Phil Dowd for the penalty challenge.

“I could have done better with the goal they scored. Agbonlahor did really well but I don’t think it was a sending off. I got in front of him and made the tackle, I wasn’t behind him.

“It’s always nice to win, now we have the confidence for the rest of the season. We’re happy.”

Owen, who will have an assessment on a tweaked hamstring tomorrow, was delighted despite being forced out of the match in the opening half. The striker made a rare start ahead of Rooney for the final.

“It’s great to win, great to score and great to play a part,” added the former-Liverpool forward, who scored his ninth United goal in just 11 starts this season.

“It’s just sad that I’ve picked up an hamstring injury. It’s my first injury since I’ve been at United. It was a real chance because it’s not every week I start a game.

“It’s been a fantastic season so far so I can’t grumble. Hopefully I won’t be out too long. Obviously Wayne’s played every week so it was good for him to rest today.”

But Owen wasn’t concerned with continued media speculation about his position with the England team, as manager Fabio Capello watched the Wembley final. The Italian is yet to pick Owen for an international squad.

“I didn’t think of who was watching. I don’t think about the World Cup. A lot of people have been getting their knickers in a twist about it,” added Owen.

“I just want to play for Man United and if that gets me recognition, then great. I’ve been to many World Cups and European Championships. If I don’t go, it gives someone else a chance.”
Old 01-03-2010, 02:45 AM   #73
drivemein
first team
-

Vidic: Ref was right
-manchestereveningnews.co.uk-

Nemanja Vidic claimed referee Phil Dowd was right not to send him off early on in the 2-1 Carling Cup victory over Aston Villa.

The Reds defended their trophy thanks to goals from Michael Owen and substitute Wayne Rooney, but they fell behind early on when Vidic brought down Gabriel Agbonlahor to give away a penalty.

James Milner scored it, but Vidic was not even booked even though he looked to have denied Agbonlahor a goalscoring opportunity.

Vidic said: “I can react better but Agbonlahor did well.

“I don’t think it was a red card because I got in front of him, not behind. If I had got behind then yes.

“It’s always nice to win big games but it was hard. They played with two forwards but I thought we deserved it.”

Matchwinner Rooney said: “It’s a great feeling to play in the final at Wembley and score the winning goal. I am delighted and I think all the players who played in the competition should feel very proud of themselves.”

Owen refused to talk up his World Cup chances despite making a goalscoring appearance in front of England boss Fabio Capello.

Owen looked sharp before limping off with a hamstring injury towards the end of the first half.

Afterwards he insisted he was not giving too much thought to going to South Africa this summer.

He told BBC One: “It was great to win, great to score, great to play a part, just soured by getting a hamstring injury.

“It’s the first injury I have had since I have been at United but it’s been a good day.

“I didn’t think about who was watching. I know a lot of people have been getting their knickers in a twist about it (his chances of being in the World Cup squad). But I just want to play well for Man United. If I go then great, if I don’t then it gives someone else a chance.”
Old 01-03-2010, 02:49 AM   #74
drivemein
first team
-

FERGIE WANTED TO KEEP ROONEY FRESH
-sportinglife.com-

Sir Alex Ferguson admits he had one eye on future games after starting Manchester United's Carling Cup final match-winner Wayne Rooney on the bench against Aston Villa.

Rooney, who headed the semi-final winner against Manchester City, was replaced in the starting line-up by Michael Owen for Sunday's Wembley showdown.

Owen repaid his manager's faith by scoring the equaliser before the striker pulled up with a hamstring injury to be replaced by Rooney before half-time.

The in-form England ace then settled an open game on 74 minutes as he rose well to head Antonio Valencia's cross beyond the reach of Villa keeper Brad Friedel.

With United fighting it out for the Premier League and due to face AC Milan in the UEFA Champions League in the next fortnight, Ferguson felt it was an opportunity to give Rooney a break.

"There's a lot of big games coming up now and that's why we didn't play him today, but he's had 45, 50 minutes," Ferguson told Sky Sports.

United fell behind inside the opening five minutes when James Milner scored from the penalty spot after Nemanja Vidic was fortunate not to be sent off for bringing down Gabriel Agbonlahor.

Ferguson had no complaints with the award of the penalty and praised his team's ability to recover from suffering an early setback.

He added: "It was a bad start to the game and we got caught on the hop really with the penalty kick.

"I think it was the right decision as he has brought him down from the back, but we recovered and that's the important thing.

"Michael Owen had a great first half, but unfortunately he got a hamstring injury and had to come off with that.

"Wayne comes on and scores the winning goal. With the form he's in you expect that."
Old 01-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #75
drivemein
first team
-

Friedel: Vidic should have gone
-teamtalk.com-

Brad Friedel insisted Phil Dowd's failure to send off Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic was crucial in Aston Villa's Carling Cup final defeat.

Vidic was the last defender when he hauled down Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor inside four minutes.

Referee Dowd awarded a penalty - converted by James Milner - but no further action was taken against Vidic and United recovered to win 2-1 with goals from Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney.

But Friedel is convinced the heavy pitch would have taken its toll on United had they had to play virtually the whole game with 10 men.

Friedel said: "We started the game really well but we have seen the penalty incident now and it really should have been a sending-off.

"You feel really hard done by after you have viewed it afterwards because you would have liked to be playing against 10 men.

"We feel a bit hard done by that we didn't play with a man advantage after that, especially on a pitch as heavy as that and cutting up like that.

"With 10 men, they would have really tired towards the end but it wasn't to be."

Villa defender Carlos Cuellar echoed Friedel's sentiments and said: "For me it is a penalty and a sending-off. I think everyone says the same.

"You saw the sending-off of (Juliano) Belletti of Chelsea for something similar on Saturday. I think this was even more clear.

"But different referees make different decisions and you never know what would have happened had we had the extra man."

Midfielder James Milner admitted producing a decent performance was no consolation for Martin O'Neill's team.

He said: "We didn't play too badly but that is not what it is about and, in finals, it is about getting a result and winning the game.

"We came up against an experienced side who have played in a lot of finals and maybe that told in the end.

"But I don't think we did ourselves any harm. We put in a good performance, had chances."
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #76
idhay
@yahdiahsana

idhay Ready for being a real United Indonesia

seneng bgt ngeliat rooney bersinar, dan MU dapet piala pertamanya musim ini tentunya..
Old 01-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #77
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Nyaris aja pelanggarang Vida berbuah kartu merah. Padahal baru menit2 awal...

Rooney lagi-lagi jadi penyelamat. senang juga khawatir... senang karena juara tapi juga khawatir MU bakalan jadi one man team (sorry klo salah nulisnya, maklum orang indonesia tulen).

Rafael kenapa diganti ya? cedera ataukah ada alasan lain?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #78
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

yup Sam ..., Rafael digantiin Oom Gary karena cedera, sempet kuatir juga nih ...
klo Oom Gary diajakin sprint ama Young or Gaby bisa keteteran ...
syukur deh ... United bisa mempertahankan keunggulan ...

yang jadi issue sekarang, keputusan wasit yang tidak memberikan kartu pada Vidic saat melanggar Gaby yang 'hanya' berbuah penalti untuk Villa ...
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #79
GL zone
captain
Freedom of Speech....!!!

GL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondwisan View Post
yup Sam ..., Rafael digantiin Oom Gary karena cedera, sempet kuatir juga nih ...

yang jadi issue sekarang, keputusan wasit yang tidak memberikan kartu pada Vidic saat melanggar Gaby yang 'hanya' berbuah penalti untuk Villa ...
menurut gw sih wajar aja kalo vida ga di kasih kartu
lah org itu cuma narik baju biasa kok

di tambah masih menit2 awal
keputusan wasit udh tepat

mungkin yg ga tepat cuma lokasi terjadi ny pelanggaran
di kotak penalti

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #80
goodfron
first team
Eagle Flies Alone

Thanked 1,046 Times in 430 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
goodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nice

Visit goodfron's Facebook Visit goodfron's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondwisan View Post

Vida pelanggaran? keknya berbau diving dr Agbonlahor deh... tackling dr Vida gak mengenai langsung kaki Agbonlahor.. kalo' menghambat laju iya... Agbonlahor sengaja nyantolin kakinya di kaki Vida....

credit point buat Berba semalem.. walaupun gak bikin goal.. semisal dia bisa konsisten maen kek semalem di sisa pertandingan musim ini... insya Allah akan meringankan beban rooney di depan at least ada jeda untuk rooney tarik nafas... so,... juara 4 kali berturut-turut bukan sesuatu yg tidak mungkin...

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 0
There are no names to display.