United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 06-03-2018, 01:36 PM   #41
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott McTominay

Darren Fletcher hails Scott McTominay 'a great coup for Scotland' ahead of his first call up to the national side

* Darren Fletcher thrilled at Scott McTominay's decision to play for Scotland
* Fletcher claims 'England were desperate for him' but he turned them down
* Alex McLeish is set to name is first Scotland squad in second spell as manager
* Fletcher hasn't given up hope on his own international career at 34 years old

As Alex McLeish prepares to name his first Scotland squad second time around on Thursday, much of the job will feel like he has never been away.

Aside from obvious contenders in the top flight of our own game, McLeish will trawl the waters of the second and third tiers of the English game out of necessity rather than choice.

That's undoubtedly what makes the inclusion of Scott McTominay so rousing from the perspective of the Tartan Army.

No harm to the honest triers of Derby County, Leeds United, Hull City and the like. But seeing the name of Manchester United on the squad sheet is a rare experience. One which stirs the blood.

The intrigue surrounding McTominay, of course, isn't just the fact that Jose Mourinho appears to be a signed-up member of his fan club.

It's that England, the land of his birth, were an option. But not just in the very loosest sense. A viable one. So much so that there are those who believe Gareth Southgate might have missed a trick as he mulls over his options for the World Cup.

'It's a great coup for Scotland,' said former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher yesterday.

'This is somebody who is playing in the Premier League and the Champions League.

'He's really forced his way into the Manchester United team in the last few weeks and is someone who is going to have a bright future in the game to play for us.

'I'm sure England were desperate for him, as well, with the World Cup coming up this summer.

'You want form players. Central midfield probably isn't their strongest position, so I'm sure if he stayed in the United team that would have been an option for them. But he has a desire to play for Scotland, so that's great.'

Scott McTominay has established himself in Jose Mourinho's squad and featured vs Palace. McTominay is yet to play for Scotland but is already celebrated for picking them over England. Darren Fletcher has heaped praise on McTominay calling it 'a great coup for Scotland'

Without so much as kicking a ball in a dark blue jersey, then, McTominay, who was never selected for either nation at underage level, has become a celebrated figure this side of Hadrian's Wall purely by virtue of his decision to play for the country of his father's birth.

It's also a timely coup for McLeish. The 59-year-old was unveiled amid a backdrop of complete indifference last month.

This lightens the narrative surrounding his appointment in one fell swoop. An outbreak of optimism may even soon follow.

There appears to be a danger, however, of the situation being hijacked by hyperbole.

Bluntly, the Manchester United jersey does not always come with a guarantee of quality.

McTominay's first-half appearance against Crystal Palace last night was just his 17th since making his debut at Arsenal last May.

Such limited evidence gives rise to an entirely legitimate old question: Can he play?

'Going back about 18 months when he first started travelling with the first team, I did ask Ashley Young about him,' Fletcher told BBC Scotland.

'The first thing he said about him was what an unbelievable pro he was, how fit he was and how much of a great lad he was.

'He said he was absolutely ripped - that he was in the gym all the time. He told me he was someone to keep an eye on because he could be going places - mainly because of his attitude, work rate and the way he carried himself.

'I've spoken to Ricky Sbragia (United youth team boss) and Nicky Butt and the biggest thing is his work rate and how much the manager (Mourinho) thinks he can trust him.

'I heard Faddy (James McFadden) compare him to me, somebody who was going to play for the team and have the superstars around him. Sometimes, you need someone to do that little bit of extra work.

'I'm not saying he hasn't got ability himself. But when you break into the first team, especially at United, you need to earn the right and be someone who is working hard for the team and be willing to go those extra hard yards to cover for some of the flair players.

'If you earn the respect of the team-mates and the trust of your manager, then you get more game time and you can work on your own performance and show you have a passing range and show you can play as well.'

Adamant that he is not damning an emerging talent with faint praise, Fletcher believes McTominay excels at doing the simple stuff well.

Likely to be deployed in a deep-lying midfield role by McLeish, anyone anticipating the 21-year-old to be charging from box to box is liable to feel let down.

'Another thing Ashley was saying about him is that he's always wanting the ball and he doesn't hide at all,' said Fletcher.

'It's a sign of a good player. To be someone who always wants the ball in that environment speaks volumes.' If the excitement and sense of achievement at the SFA is understandable on this one, the note of caution Fletcher also sounds appears judicious.

'In the United team, he's not going to be the one who's looked at to be scoring and creating goals,' said the Stoke midfielder.

'You don't suddenly want that responsibility to fall on him in a Scotland shirt.

'Maybe I felt that a bit, as well, where you feel you have to do something in the game, you have to create, you have to score, you have to show you're a good passer.

'And, all of a sudden, you're putting pressure on yourself to win the game single-handedly.

'We have to remember he's a young player and a young lad.

'He's playing for Manchester United and he's going to have a great future, but it's a completely different game with Scotland.

'The biggest thing now is not putting too much pressure on him.' Despite being 34 now, Fletcher hasn't given up hope of being named in McLeish's squad on Thursday with the prospect of playing in Euro 2020 still a burning ambition.

'I feel good, I feel fit,' he said. 'Going forward, it's obviously up to the manager in terms of how he sees it. We've got a new manager in Alex McLeish and I've not spoken to him yet, but I'm sure I will in the near future and see what the plans are.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5466185/Darren-Fletcher-calls-Scott-McTominay-great-coup-Scotland.html
Old 06-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #42
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Joey Barton says Scott McTominay chose Scotland over England because he doesn't fancy the pressure and 'wants his summers off'

* Scott McTominay was eligible for England but has chosen to represent Scotland
* Barton has criticised the Manchester United midfielder for his decision
* He suggested McTominay would rather not play at tournaments in the summer

Scott McTominay has chosen playing for Scotland over England because he cannot handle the pressure, according to Joey Barton.

McTominay was eligible for both national sides, having been born in Lancashire with a Glaswegian father, however says he will play for Scotland instead of the country of his birth.

One-cap England international Barton has criticised this decision, suggesting McTominay would rather go on holiday than play in major tournaments.

Speaking on talkSport, Barton said: 'He obviously wants his summers off. He has shown his ambition hasn't he? He realises the weight of playing for England and working every summer - he doesn't want that.

'Maybe Manchester United and Fergie have influenced it. Scotland have improved the last qualification campaign and if he feels more Scottish than English fair play to the kid.

'It would have been easy to go financially to the England side and, if you are in the Manchester United team, then there's a good chance you get called up by England. That has been a route map for a long period if you look at Lingard and Rashford.

'Fair play to the boy, if he feels a passionate Scotsman then it can only be a good thing for Scotland, because he is a seriously talented individual.'

Scott McTominay has chosen Scotland because he cannot handle pressure, says Joey Barton. Barton has criticised the Manchester United midfielder for turning down playing for England. McTominay was eligible for both national sides, born in Lancashire with a Glaswegian father

Scotland have not qualified for a major international tournament since the 1998 World Cup, while England have reached every event since, except Euro 2008.

McTominay could get his first Scotland call-up in the coming days, having met manager Alex McLeish last week and turned down talks with England coach Gareth Southgate.

McLeish will name his first team since being appointed last month, for friendlies against Costa Rica and Hungary.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5463393/McTominay-chose-Scotland-wants-summers-off.html
Old 08-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #43
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United's Scott McTominay was urged to choose Scotland ahead of England by Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho, claims grandfather

* Scott McTominay has already committed his international future to Scotland
* The 21-year-old was born in England but qualifies for Scotland through his father
* His grandfather claims Sir Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho pushed his decision

Sir Alex Ferguson urged Manchester United youngster Scott McTominay to represent Scotland at international level, even though England had expressed an interest in his services.

The 21-year-old has been impressive in the heart of midfield for Jose Mourinho's side this season, but will not be in contention for a World Cup place with England as he has already committed his future to Scotland.

His grandfather, Frank, has revealed that Ferguson was a key figure in McTominay's development at Manchester United and, alongside current manager Mourinho, pushed him towards rejecting the country of his birth for his ancestral home.

Scott McTominay chose Scotland with a nudge from his Manchester United mentors. Sir Alex Ferguson was keen to ensure the midfielder rejected England for Scotland

'Alex McLeish handled the situation quite well,' he told the National.

'It's been rumbling on now for two or three months now in the papers. But he didn't go shouting and bawling. He just said that he would speak to Scott and he did. He conducted himself quite well.

'But Sir Alex Ferguson was keen for Scott to play for Scotland as well. He was up front about it. I know that for a fact. I can say that without fear of getting contradicted. That has been kept under wraps. He and Jose Mourinho were both quite keen on it over the last month or two.

'Sir Alex Ferguson has been very good with Scott over the years. He gave him his first contract with Manchester United when he was 16 before he retired and then made sure it was extended when he was 18. He seems to get on well with him. I have seen them talking.'

McTominay, who has made 15 appearances for Manchester United this season, has yet to represent Scotland at any level but has attended training camps with youth sides in the past.

Now established in the team, Mourinho publicly urged Scotland manager McLeish to give him his first senior cap and seal his international future.

He said last month: 'Because it looks like England is missing him, if I was Alex McLeish the first thing I would do would be to [makes phone gesture] come to me.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5472991/Man-United-Alex-Ferguson-urged-Scott-McTominay-choose-Scotland.html
Old 08-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #44
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Semoga McTominay tidak hanya bersinar di musim ini saja, jangan sampai musim depan justru dipinjamkan ke klub lain lalu penampilannya menurun lalu dijual...
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:49 PM   #45
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Semoga menjadi awal yang baik baginya di timnas Skotlandia

MCTOMINAY NAMED IN SCOTLAND SQUAD

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has been called up to the senior Scotland squad for the first time.

The 21-year-old has been named in Alex McLeish’s first squad since he was appointed Scotland manager for a second time, for friendly matches against Costa Rica and Hungary later this month.

Scott, who has been associated with the Reds since the age of five, was born in Lancaster but qualifies for Scotland as his father is from Glasgow.

He could make his international debut when the Tartan Army take on Costa Rica at Hampden Park on Friday 23 March, before travelling to Budapest to face Hungary four days later.

WHY SCOTT DESERVES HIS CALL-UP

His inclusion in the 27-man roster, which was announced on Monday morning, is recognition for an impressive first season with the Reds, since being promoted to Jose Mourinho’s first-team squad. It also seemingly ends speculation about his international future, as he is also eligible to play for England.

After stepping up from the Reserves towards the end of last season, McTominay made his debut as a substitute against Arsenal in May last year and started the Reds' final league game of 2016/17 against Crystal Palace.

He was then part of the squad for Tour 2017, presented by Aon, and scored his first senior goal in the 3-0 friendly win over Valerenga in Norway.

McTominay has been a regular in the squad this term and has made 16 appearances for United in all competitions so far in 2017/18. He has also started the last five games for the Reds, including Saturday's 2-1 win over Liverpool at Old Trafford.

His impressive displays and intelligence on the ball in the engine room have caught the eye and he received a deserved nomination for his first Player of the Month award in February, which was arguably the best month of his career to date.

HIGH PRAISE FROM THE BOSS

Mourinho has previously joked that Scotland boss McLeish should select McTominay before England do and recently revealed that he had offered his advice to the Academy graduate about which country he should represent.

The boss has been full of praise for the youngster’s mature performances of late – including in huge games against Chelsea, in the Premier League, and Sevilla, in what was only his second start in the UEFA Champions League.

Speaking after the victory over Chelsea recently, he said of McTominay: "I think he's a fantastic player – a player that is what I call the modern midfield player, which in the end is a bit of what the top midfield players of the past were. They can do everything.

"The only thing he is not doing yet is scoring goals, which he can. But because I'm giving him different jobs, he's not yet free to do that. We are starting from the basics and the basics he's doing wonderfully well.

"I think he can also score goals – he has that talent. In pre-season, we understood that. But we are adapting him to his multi-functionality and he's doing fantastic jobs for us, so I'm really happy with the player."

'I SAW SCOTT'S PASSION'

Scotland boss Alex McLeish said he included McTominay in the squad after being convinced by his passion to play for the Tartan Army.

"Scott was very receptive," McLeish said. "I looked him in the eye and he gave me passion about playing for Scotland. I saw the passion and I really felt that we had nailed it that day [when we held talks with him]."

He went on: "Of course he has to play a competitive game but if we can get him playing in the friendlies, he can see what it's all about. We can hopefully have some good performances. Obviously winning is the big thing and then Scott can be a part of it.

"He's had some great games with Jose Mourinho at Manchester United. He's only 21, he's not got all the answers – I'm 59, at my last count, and I've not got all the answers but hopefully he'll get more right than wrong."

www.manutd.com
Old 13-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #46
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Scotland new boys like Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay challenged to keep veterans out of squad by manager Alex McLeish

* Alex McLeish has kicked off his second spell by calling up six new faces to squad
* That means a number of Scotland's more regular players have been left out
* McLeish wants the new boys to show they can help drive a new era for Scotland

Alex McLeish has challenged Scotland's newcomers to show they have the quality needed to keep some veteran names out of future squads.

The new manager kicked off his second spell in charge of the national side by including six new call-ups for the friendlies against Costa Rica and Hungary on Monday.

Hibs midfielder Dylan McGeouch joined Scott McTominay, Ollie McBurnie, Barry Douglas, Scott McKenna and Jon McLaughlin in a 27-man pool.

That meant no places for a number of past regulars including Robert Snodgrass, James McArthur, Darren Fletcher, Ikechi Anya and Chris Martin.

McLeish insists he hasn't closed the door on any player and that experience will have a part to play once Scotland move into competitive action in September.

But he wants the fresh faces to use the next two games to prove they can help drive forward a new era for the national side.

'That's the challenge,' said McLeish. 'That's what we are looking for, top level performances.

'It's the same if you have a big squad and you're playing in the Premier League and then you go into a cup tie and you change the whole squad and play the other guys.

'On paper, they look fantastic. But they have not had any rhythm of playing together and you wonder why they struggled. Even though they train every day together we have to try and gel this bunch of guys.

Alex McLeish has challenged his Scotland newcomers to keep veteran players out of the squad. Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay is one of the new call-ups for Scotland

'If they show spectacular form in the upcoming internationals and they surprise us like nothing we expected then, of course, it will be hard for others to get in. Hopefully it creates that competitive atmosphere.'

McLeish delayed his squad announcement to watch the weekend derbies and was again impressed by McGeouch's display in the 2-0 win over Hearts at Easter Road.

Asked whether he would have named the same squad if this was a qualifier, McLeish added: 'I think it would be pretty close. I've got to be honest. I believe that those guys are playing to a pretty good level for their clubs.

'They deserve to be in there with a shout. The next challenge for them is to bring that form to the national team and get more confidence from the fact that they're in this circle, the top level of football.

'A lot of them have done it already. There's a few playing at European level and there are one or two who have got to show myself that they can step up.'

Meanwhile, the SFA have confirmed Scotland will face Belgium - currently ranked fifth in the world - in a Hampden friendly on Friday, September 7.

The match against Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and the rest of a star-studded squad will complete McLeish's preparations for the Nations League opener against Albania three days later.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5493047/Scotland-boss-says-new-boys-like-Man-Utds-McTominay-impress.html
Old 16-03-2018, 12:18 AM   #47
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

SCOTT MCTOMINAY HAS FOUND HIS VOICE

Scott McTominay has explained why is it is important for any young player to come out of his shell and find his voice when entering a dressing room full of seasoned internationals.

The midfielder has made the breakthrough at Manchester United and been trusted in some high-profile games of late, earning plenty of plaudits from manager Jose Mourinho. Having been with the club since the age of nine, he feels his education at the Academy helped prepare him to make the huge step into the first team.

Having the backing of the boss has been vital for the 21-year-old, who has been called into the Scotland squad for the first time this week.

"Obviously, there are numerous different factors that have contributed in terms of my development but the main one is Jose Mourinho," he said.

"He's had the faith to put me in for important matches and trusted me in really big games. So all credit goes to him. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have had chances to play and show people I'm hopefully capable of being a Manchester United player in the future.

"There's nothing better for me than being selected in the big games. The Champions League game at Sevilla, the Champions League game before that, Liverpool, Chelsea and even the other cup games as well. It's really good for me to be trusted by the manager. I hope to repay him as he's done really well to push me forward."

While it cannot be easy as a youngster attempting to make his mark in the group, the 21-year-old outlined in an exclusive in-depth interview with the latest edition of Inside United, the official club magazine, just why he has been able to bed in so effectively.

Luke Shaw recently revealed McTominay has becoming more talkative in the changing rooms and Scott said: "Yes, I think that’s the prime thing when you’re settling in. You just have to weigh it all up and be careful what you say, and you have to see who’s saying what. But, eventually, the lads just take you in anyway and you’re part of a big family and banter’s flying. So it’s a good environment to be in."

Shaw also said his colleague was showing leadership qualities, even at his young age, and this is clearly an important attribute in any player operating in the middle of the park.

"Well that’s what you want to be as a midfield player, in the heart of the pitch," added McTominay. "You want to be the guy who’s helping every other player in the team out, and hopefully pushing the team forwards and winning as many games as possible. You’ve seen Axel Tuanzebe as captain of the Reserves and I feel like Axel has those traits as well.

"That’s a big thing as a youth-team player who goes into the first team, you shouldn’t be shy about telling a more senior player what to do. If you think that’s what he should be doing then tell him. And, if he doesn’t, then you speak about it afterwards and you have a mutual respect for each other that stays off the pitch; when you’re on the pitch you do the best for the team.

"All the young players, they’re not shy and they’re not worried about saying what they think. It’s a benefit for the team. If you’re a shy player in your shell then the team’s probably not going to progress with you in it. So you have to be like that and it’s a big asset to the team leadership."

Read the six-page exclusive interview with cover star Scott McTominay in the latest edition of Inside United, out now.

Old 16-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #48
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gareth Southgate wishes Manchester United youngster Scott McTominay well after choosing Scotland as England keep tabs on Leon Bailey

* Scott McTominay has chosen to represent Scotland at international level
* Gareth Southgate made efforts to convince him to play for England
* Jamaican Leon Bailey qualifies for England through his grandparents

England manager Gareth Southgate wished Scott McTominay all the best after opting to play for Scotland - before confirming Bayer Leverkusen's Leon Bailey is on the Football Association's radar.

An international tug of war appeared to be growing for callow Manchester United midfielder McTominay after several solid displays for Jose Mourinho's men.

The Lancastrian's father is from Scotland and the midfielder has pledged his allegiance to Alex McLeish's side and is in line to make his debut against Costa Rica next week.

'Discussions with our development teams have been going on with Scott for a few months,' Southgate told BBC Radio 5 Live.

'It wasn't so much on the senior radar because I'm always conscious of what would that have meant for Harry Winks, for Lewis Cook, for Nathaniel Chalobah, who have been in our system all the way through.

Scott McTominay has elected to play international football for Scotland ahead of England. McTominay has impressed for Manchester United under Jose Mourinho this season. Gareth Southgate has wished the young midfielder well after making his decision

'But he's playing well and we're always keen to speak to players who might fit into our system at some level.

'What became apparent before I had the chance to speak with him in particular, I was going to Manchester United anyway, he had made his mind up that Scotland were keen for him to play for them and he feels Scottish.

'You have to absolutely respect that decision. I think international football has to be decision of the heart so we wish him well with that.'

While McTominay has slipped out of England's fingers like Wilfried Zaha and Victor Moses, the FA is looking to Bayer Leverkusen prospect Bailey.

The 20-year-old hails from Jamaica and played for their under-23s, but is still eligible for the Three Lions.

Two of Bailey's grandparents reportedly hold British passports and the FA is keeping tabs on the exciting German-based talent.

'Well, I'd have to say until a few months ago we had no indication that he was eligible for England,' Southgate said.

'That's still a process that is ongoing and now that issue has been flagged, he's somebody we'll monitor more closely.

'But that's more for our talent identification department at this stage than it is for my selection in the short term.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5507799/Gareth-Southgate-wishes-Scott-McTominay-choosing-Scotland.html
Old 17-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #49
Andi Istiabudi
manager

McTominay Punya Potensi Jadi Bek Hebat di MU
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Jakarta - Manchester United dinilai sudah mempunyai pemain yang bisa diplot menjadi bek tengah. Scott McTominay disebut mempunyai potensi menjadi bek hebat di MU.

McTominay tampil cukup oke bersama MU musim ini. Dia sudah mendapatkan kepercayaan sebanyak 21 kali di semua ajang bersama The Red Devils. Pemain 21 tahun itu lebih sering dipasang pada posisi dua gelandang di muka bek tengah, menemani Nemanja Matic.

Mantan direktur akademi MU, Brian McClair, mempunyai keyakinan tinggi pada kemampuan McTominay. Dia disebut bisa menjadi pasangan ideal untuk Eric Bailly sebagai bek tengah MU di masa depan.

"Sepakbola itu bukan permainan yang sulit. Seperti yang dibilang oleh Bill Shankly: belajarlah untuk mengontrol bola, mengopernya, dan bergerak," kata McClair di Manchester Evening News.

"Itu prinsip yang sama dengan Sir Alex Ferguson. Itu bukan kebiasaan yang buruk untuk mengoper bola pada seseorang dengan warna kaus yang sama."

"Scott sudah melakukan itu sejauh ini dan efektif saat Anda menguasai bola. Anda bisa melihat bahwa sebagian besar dari pertandingan dimenangi oleh tim yang menguasai bola."

"Dalam jangka waktu yang lama saya bisa melihat Scott menjadi bek tengah top. Dia bermain di sana saat dia masih muda."

"Dia merupakan pemain sepakbola, tapi dia juga spesimen fisik. Saya pikir dia bisa menjadi pemain serba bisa, tapi saya pikir dia bisa mendapati dirinya sebagai bek tengah," dia menambahkan.
Old 20-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #50
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

You think Scott McTominay can't be Scottish because he's 6ft 4in, passes the ball very well and playing central midfield for Manchester United, admits Scotland No 2 Peter Grant

* Scott McTominay had to choose between representing Scotland or England
* The Manchester United midfielder chose Scotland and was called up last week
* McTominay trained with Alex McLeish's squad for the first time on Monday
* The 21-year-old could make his debut against Costa Rica on Friday night
A first sighting was all it took for Peter Grant to be smitten by Scott McTominay's talent. Working out whether he might actually be eligible for Scotland took a little longer.

Alex McLeish's new assistant was at the Emirates Stadium last May when McTominay made his Manchester United debut as a late substitute. The physical stature and composure were such that Grant admits he feared the newcomer might be Scottish in name only.

This is not, after all, a nation famed for producing 6ft 4in midfielders. Hence why Gordon Strachan made his much-mocked reference to 'genetics' hampering his last failed campaign. There was a grain of truth in there somewhere.

Later learning that McTominay did, indeed, feel Caledonian to his core pleased Grant enough when he was merely another interested observer.

Now that the 52-year-old is a key part of the national team set-up, that delight is duly multiplied. He regards the recruitment of the Old Trafford youngster as the perfect start to a new era.

The 21-year-old trained with Scotland on Monday for the first time since snubbing England

Born in Lancaster to a Scottish father, McTominay made it clear to McLeish that he had no intention of seeking involvement with England when they met earlier this month. A Scotland call-up swiftly followed. Having trained with the squad for the first time, McTominay is set for a debut in Friday evening's friendly against Costa Rica.

'I was actually at Scott's first game and didn't know he was Scottish,' reflected Grant (right). 'I remember thinking: "Wow. Where has he come from?"

'You read the story and he was the young man who didn't play much at Manchester United at Under-18s and Under-21s.

'That game I saw him in, he was like an old pro. He used the ball very well, played with enthusiasm, a knowledge and understanding. The first thing I saw was "Mac" and I was laughing about that, saying he must be Scottish.

'I had never heard of him before that night at the Emirates. You look at him and think he can't be Scottish because he's 6ft 4in, passes the ball really well and is playing central midfield for Manchester United against Arsenal.

'But then I was speaking to someone and they said: "I think he can play for Scotland, his dad is Scottish". The next thing it is in the papers and you think: "Wow, what an opportunity". In one of his first interviews he did, he said he considered himself Scottish.

The Manchester United youngster could make his debut against Costa Rica on Friday

'It was like planes, trains and automobiles for Alex trying to get down to meet him because of the weather. But he said you could tell in five minutes what the boy was going to say.

'I'm excited as well. A good friend of mine is Michael Carrick and if he can learn from a top player like that - one of the best midfielders in Britain - then it's a great opportunity for Scott.'

Grant believes the mentality McTominay has forged under Jose Mourinho's command can only be of benefit to Scotland. For all that he is playing for one of the most famous clubs in the world, the 21-year-old does not exude ego.

'People say he took his time selecting Scotland, but I think there was just a hell of a lot of things going on,' argued Grant. 'He was concentrating on playing for Manchester United, getting into the team and learning from some world-class players. He has done that exceptionally well.

'The fact he is selected in the big games tells you a lot about his temperament and background.

'I think that's important, to have winners in your group - those who are talking about winning trophies and challenging, like Andy Robertson. He has done magnificently.

'Scott came in on Sunday night and was very humble. That has maybe got him as far as he has. You see a lot of young players who play once for the first-team and think they're a player.

'You can tell Scott has been brought up the right way. He comes in with his eyes open as if he is willing to learn and is excited about playing football. Some guys turn up now and want the footballer's lifestyle but don't want to put the work in. If you said to them they were not playing on Saturday, it would not bother them.' As with Darren Fletcher before him, however, there has to be realism about the type of player McTominay actually is. His value will not lie in regular outbreaks of eye-catching flair.

'If you watch the way he plays, that is what you want him to do for the national team,' insisted Grant. 'You don't want him to be a right-winger. He is not going to score 100 goals.

'He has an understanding to be the defensive one or the one who goes in advance. He has energy and ability. He can pick a pass.

'It is about intelligence. I think that is what he is great at. He has a knowledge of what his role is within the group. He is not scared of the ball, he gives it to players if they're on.

'That is what he'll do for Scotland. He has got to play the way he plays for Manchester United and not turn into something completely different.

'A lot of boys get caught up in that. They come to the national team and think they have got to do something completely different.

'Scott knows his strengths and his weaknesses. For me, he is only going to get better. It is without doubt a major fillip for Scotland.' McTominay might not be the only player McLeish snatches away from England. He is thought be monitoring Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn - son of former Scotland international Bryan - who is currently on loan at Norwich. The 22-year-old has previously represented England at Under-21 level.

Grant added: 'Angus is doing really well for Norwich. If he decided to come to Scotland, you would obviously embrace him with open arms.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5520607/You-think-McTominay-Scottish-admits-Scotland-No-2-Grant.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 27
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, chincarito, endhy_cantona, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, id4y, ivanzferdinand, Jodirama, penk22_, Rean, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, weelblack, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yogiromadhona, zudomiriku