United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 03-02-2021, 11:04 AM   #381
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

'I'm pleased to go past him': Boyhood Manchester United fan Marcus Rashford hails 'King Eric' Cantona and revels in 'special moment' after passing legendary striker's 82-goal haul for the club

* Marcus Rashford scored his 83rd goal for Man United as they beat Southampton
* The goal in the 9-0 win took the forward beyond Eric Cantona's total for the club
* Rashford expressed his thrill at surpassing iconic striker Cantona's United record
* The 23-year-old England hotshot is now two goals behind David Beckham's tally

Marcus Rashford has admitted that passing Eric Cantona's goals total for Manchester United is a 'special moment' as he follows in the footsteps of the legendary striker.

United marksman Rashford scored in the first half as the hosts hammered Southampton 9-0 on the Old Trafford turf where Cantona once strutted, putting him beyond the icon's tally of 82 goals for the club.

Revealing his joy on Twitter, Rashford said: 'Special moment for me as a boyhood United fan, passing King Eric's record. Loved it out there tonight - great team performance.'

Marcus Rashford scored against Southampton to pass Eric Cantona in the record books. Rashford now has 83 Man United goals - one more than Cantona struck between 1993 and 1997. Rashford was born in October 1997 - five months after Cantona's final appearance for United

Rashford is now chasing an illustrious list of hotshots from United's hall of fame, headed by Wayne Rooney, who scored 253 times for the club, and Ryan Giggs, who netted 160 goals for them.

The England forward is about to overtake one of Cantona's teammates, David Beckham, who has two more goals for United than him.

Discussing Cantona, Rashford told BT Sport: 'He's obviously a top player that did a lot for this club so I'm pleased to go past him today.

The Manchester United striker voiced his joy after beating's Cantona's goals total for the club

'For me, I just want to score more goals and keep helping the team. It's always good to score lots of goals and we're happy.

'It's three points we have needed. We dropped some points in the last few games and needed to get back to winning ways, which we've done.'

France forward Cantona signed for United from Leeds in 1993 - four years before Rashford was born.

Rashford wants to repeat Cantona's title-winning exploits at the club and was relieved that United showed few signs of complacency against visitors who went down to 10 men after two minutes.

He explained: 'We just needed to be as simple as possible, keep moving, be positive.

'It's easy to take your foot off the gas but we didn't want to do that.

'We went out in the second half the same as the first.

'The first half set the tone for us but it's about keeping a positive attitude and scoring goals.

'We have to not look at them and we focus on ourselves.

'We're a team that's still unproven - we're not a team that's been a ready-made team for the last two or three years

'I think we're just getting there now and we're still learning as a group.'

Quote:
WHO DOES RASHFORD STILL HAVE TO CATCH?

Wayne Rooney 253 goals

Ryan Giggs 160

Paul Scholes 155

Ruud van Nistelrooy 150

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 126

Andy Cole 121

Cristiano Ronaldo 118

David Beckham 85
Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9217079/Marcus-Rashford-hails-King-Eric-Cantona-passing-strikers-goals-haul-Manchester-United.html
Old 18-02-2021, 08:51 AM   #382
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United star Marcus Rashford calls on positives of social media to be highlighted to help end growing problem of online abuse after 'connecting with families' on Twitter for free school meals campaign

* Marcus Rashford believes the positives of social media should be highlighted
* The Man United forward and others have been targeted with online abuse
* Rashford harnessed positive side of Twitter with free school meals campaign

Marcus Rashford believes the positives of social media must be highlighted in order to end the growing problem of online abuse.

Rashford was subjected to racism last month, while other Manchester United players Anthony Martial, Axel Tuanzebe and Lauren James have also been targeted in recent weeks.

Following United's 1-1 draw against West Brom on Sunday, a number of Instagram users left racist words and symbols in the comment section of Martial's last post.

Instagram has announced new measures to tackle the problem, but Rashford has suggested that the negative storm surrounding social media could encourage others to act.

Marcus Rashford believes the positives of social media must be highlighted in order to end the growing problem of online abuse. Rashford and other Manchester United players have been subjected to racism online

Rashford, 23, who has used his Twitter account to influence government policy over his free school meals campaign, said: 'It's one positive of social media and it is a big positive to be able to make change and do it for the right reasons.

'Instagram and Twitter has given me the opportunity so I can voice my opinion and raise awareness, but also to understand more and connect with families in a short time.

'You are actually in a position where the fact that things have sped up because of the pandemic it keeps you up to date when you use it in the right way. And that is a big message and a big point.

Rashford, who has been named in Time magazine's Next 100 list following his campaign work on child poverty, will be in action for United in the opening leg of their round-of-32 Europa League tie against Real Sociedad on Thursday.

United head to Spain following just one victory in their last five Premier League matches to fall seven points adrift of leaders Manchester City, having played one game more.

But Rashford, who was speaking at Wednesday's Financial Times' Business of Football summit, added: 'The mood has been alright.

The striker was named in Time magazine's Next 100 list following his campaign work on child poverty

'We have dropped a few points in the last games but listen, it is football and sometimes it happens.

'The one thing we have done is stick together as a team and kept fighting until the end of every single game to get points and we have to continue to do that if we want to move back up the table.

'We are pleased to have advanced to the FA Cup quarter-finals and that is an opportunity to win a trophy and get our hands on some silverware because that is what the team deserves, and I believe we are ready to take that next step.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9271335/Manchester-United-star-Marcus-Rashford-calls-positives-social-media-highlighted.html
Old 22-02-2021, 01:10 PM   #383
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United star Marcus Rashford insists they've 'still got many more steps to take' to start winning trophies but praises the progress made under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

* Marcus Rashford says Manchester United still have work to do to win trophies
* United are second in the league and are still in the FA Cup and Europa League
* Rashford insists that United have made progress under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Marcus Rashford has admitted that Manchester United still have much more work to do to win silverware, but insisted that they are heading in the right direction under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

United are currently second in the Premier League, ten points adrift of leaders Manchester City, while Solskjaer's side are still chasing glory in the FA Cup and the Europa League.

Rashford feels that United have improved since Solskjaer took charge, initially on a temporary basis, in December 2018.

Rashford told United Review: 'I think we've definitely progressed, if we look back to the team when Ole first took over as manager and how we were performing.

'Even when we were winning games back then, it probably wasn't the way that we'd all wanted to win the game.

United are some way from the side that dominated under Sir Alex Ferguson, but Rashford believes that silverware will eventually come.

Marcus Rashford insists Manchester United have much more work to do to win trophies. Rashford believes that United have made significant progress under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. United, who are second in the league, are also still active in the FA Cup and the Europa League

'We've taken great steps forward, but the message remains the same. We've still got many more steps to take in the right direction.

'Everyone is concentrating on that and, ultimately, we want to start winning big trophies and winning big games, more than what we've done.'

Rashford has made a significant contribution for United this season, scoring 17 goals and providing eleven assists in all competitions.

While winning the league will be a tough task for United, it is feasible that they could get the first silverware of Solskjaer's tenure.

Rashford was among the scorers as United beat Real Sociedad 4-0 in the first leg of their Europa League round-of-32 clash.

In addition, United are through to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, which will see them face Leicester away.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9281695/Marcus-Rashford-says-Manchester-United-steps-start-winning-trophies.html
semua tinggal dibuktikan dengan trophy, Ole mau dibilang sukses harus kasih trophy, Bruno mau dibilang setara dengan Cantona harus mempersembahkan trophy, tinggal manajemen membeli pemain yg tepat yg diinginkan Ole
Old 22-02-2021, 01:27 PM   #384
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Frank Leboeuf insists Marcus Rashford is 'SLOPPY' and needs to 'become a killer' in front of goal... with the ex-Chelsea defender comparing the Manchester United star to former France team-mate Nicolas Anelka

* Marcus Rashford scored in Manchester United's win against Real Sociedad
* Rashford's strike brought his tally for the season to 17 goals in 38 appearances
* But ex-Chelsea defender Frank Leboeuf says Rashford needs to 'become a killer'
* Leboeuf also compared Nicolas Anelka to the Manchester United No 10

Former Chelsea defender Frank Leboeuf insists Marcus Rashford needs to 'become a killer' in front of goal as he looks to develop his game.

The Manchester United forward has scored 17 goals in 38 appearances in all competitions so far this season and got on the scoresheet in United's 4-0 win at Real Sociedad on Thursday in the Europa League.

But Leboeuf, who won the 1998 World Cup with France, believes the 23-year-old needs to improve his finishing - comparing the situation to how Jose Mourinho said Karim Benzema's end product needed to reach the next level.

'What I want to say about Rashford… he's a fantastic player,' Leboeuf told ESPN. 'I didn't want to play against those kinds of players because they go so fast, technically unbelievable.

Frank Leboeuf insists Man Utd's Marcus Rashford needs to 'become a killer' in front of goal. Leboeuf said Rashford reminds him of former France international Nicolas Anelka

'I played against Nicolas [Anelka] when he was at Arsenal and when he played for Paris Saint-Germain,' Leboeuf added. 'The pace, the cleverness of the positioning – everything.

'Nicolas had kind of the same problem. The consistency of scoring goals and being a killer. That's a question you have to have: do you prefer Shearer? Who was not very elegant, wasn't very technical but was a killer, a kind of crazy finisher.

'Or do you prefer a Rashford or Anelka who can show you something fantastic but doesn't score most times they have a chance to. I don't know. It's a debate. I love Rashford, like I loved Anelka.'

Rashford's next chance to score comes against Newcastle United on Sunday night as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side look to get back to winning ways in the Premier League following their draw to West Brom last weekend.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9278559/Manchester-United-star-Marcus-Rashford-sloppy-goal-says-Frank-Leboeuf.html
Old 23-02-2021, 08:28 AM   #385
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford claims Manchester United are not focused on Pep Guardiola's City and their record-breaking Premier League run and also praises 'quality' wonderkid Shola Shoretire

* Manchester United remain 10 points behind Man City who lead the top-flight
* Marcus Rashford claims his side are not focused on City's record-breaking form
* Rashford scored his 18th goal of the season in Sunday's win over Newcastle
* The United forward also praised new debutant and wonderkid Shola Shoretire

Marcus Rashford says second-placed Manchester United are just focused on putting their best foot forward amid Premier League leaders Manchester City's record-breaking run.

Pep Guardiola's relentless side knocked the Red Devils off top spot on January 26 and have gone on to build a 10-point lead at the summit.

City maintained their momentum with victory over Arsenal on Sunday afternoon, while United's 3-1 win against Newcastle prevented them from losing further ground.

Marcus Rashford claims Manchester United are focused on them and not Man City's run. City have now won 18 straight matches in all competitions to move 10 points clear at the top

It was just a second success in six Premier League matches for boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who spoke of the need to keep plugging away and remain focused on what his team can control, comments echoed by forward Rashford.

'We have to concentrate on ourselves and our performances,' he said. 'I think we've said all season that we're a team that's still improving, learning lessons about ourselves every game.

'We have to concentrate on ourselves and keep giving the best version of us. Ultimately that's going to make us win the games.'

Rashford's United remain in second place after their 3-1 victory over Newcastle on Sunday. Rashford claims he is looking to surpass last season's 22-goal tally after another goal

Second half goals from Daniel James and Bruno Fernandes wrapped up victory at an empty Old Trafford, where Allan Saint-Maximin cancelled out Rashford's impressive 18th goal of the season.

Asked if he is looking to surpass last season's 22-goal haul, he said: 'Yeah, definitely. I think year-on-year I try and kick on and just improve on the previous year.

'It's something that I don't put too much emphasis on, but if it happens I'll be happy. The most important thing is just getting the result that we got today, the win. Now it's just about recovery and get ready for the next Europa League game.'

Rashford made his name in the Europa League, having scored twice on his debut after being thrust into the starting line-up against FC Midtjylland in February 2016.

Shola Shoretire became the latest homegrown talent to make his United debut on Sunday, with the 17-year-old becoming the club's seventh youngest player after coming off the bench against hometown team Newcastle.

'He's even younger than what I was! It's a top moment,' Rashford said. 'I think when they're young players and they make their debut eventually, they actually kick on from that and hopefully we see the same from him and see him out on the pitch many more times.

'He's a player that has a lot of quality and, the more often he trains with us and plays with us, he's going to feel relaxed and then he can show his quality on the pitch. I think in the academy they always emphasise following in footsteps.

Rashford praised United wonderkid Shola Shoretire (right) who made his debut on Sunday

'It's something that I always took great acknowledgment of when I was a young player wanting to get into the first team, follow in the footsteps of other attacking players, other academy players that have made the step up into the first team.

'It's just a cycle, really. Hopefully the younger ones that are his age now, they'll see him playing and they'll kick on and then hopefully we'll get more and more of them in.'

While United look to Thursday's Europa League round-of-32 second leg against Real Sociedad, Newcastle turn their attention to Saturday evening's clash with Wolves.

Fulham's recent resurgence means under-fire Steve Bruce's side are just three points above the relegation zone after the loss at Old Trafford, where an encouraging hour was followed by all too familiar final outcome.

Goalscorer Saint-Maximin said: 'We play against one of the best teams in the league and we know every game in the Premier League is difficult.

'We play in Old Trafford against a really good team and we stay in the game in the first half, 1-1. We keep going, run a lot, try to press to make the game difficult for Manchester United. But they score after with James and the penalty, so we're really disappointed.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9287367/Marcus-Rashford-claims-Man-United-not-focused-Pep-Guardiolas-City-winning-run.html
Old 25-02-2021, 08:35 AM   #386
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Sportswear giants in multi-million pound fight over Marcus Rashford as Puma try and prise the Manchester United star away from Nike in light of his raised profile following campaign against child food poverty

* Manchester United star Marcus Rashford is in line for a lucrative boot deal
* The world's leading sportswear giants are trying to prise him away from Nike
* Puma have concrete interest in Rashford, whose profile has soared in last year
* They view Rashford as a perfect ambassador given his status on and off the pitch

Marcus Rashford is at the centre of a multi-million pound scramble as the world’s leading sportswear giants try to prise him away from Nike.

The Manchester United striker is in line for a hugely lucrative boot sponsorship deal that will send his already iconic status soaring.

Puma are among the companies keen on making Rashford the face of their brand - though industry sources expect all the major brands to make approaches.

Rashford’s current deal with Nike is expiring, news that has alerted a host of athletic-wear firms to the England star’s potential availability.

Puma are just one of companies to have already registered a concrete interest in Rashford, who has become one of the most recognisable public figures in the country thanks to his tireless campaigning against child hunger and his performances for United - though the player has not engaged in any formal conversations outside his current kit deal with Nike.

Having recently signed Paris Saint-Germain icon Neymar, in a deal worth a reported £21million a year, Puma have turned their attentions to Rashford, who they view as the perfect brand ambassador given his iconic status on and off the pitch.

The world's leading sportswear giants are in a battle to prise Marcus Rashford away from Nike. The Manchester United star is currently signed with Nike and in line for a big-money boot deal. Rashford's profile has soared in past 12 months after his campaign against child food poverty

Puma have also expressed an interest in Manchester City star Raheem Sterling, whose own deal with Nike has expired, in recent months.

Sportsmail understands England star Sterling had been in talks over a staggering Puma deal worth a minimum of £10-12million across the term, though this is excluding other substantial performance-related bonuses.

Puma had been discussing a significantly more lucrative deal for Sterling but those terms have been revised due to various factors, namely the financial effects of the Covid pandemic.

But the brand are keeping their options open and are now exploring their interest in Rashford.

Puma are set to go after Rashford after recently agreeing a £21m-a-year deal with Neymar

It is clear, however, Puma will not be the only brand looking to add Rashford to their roster, with a host of leading companies understood to have made initial enquires.

It’s important to stress that Nike also have matching rights to any rival offer made to the 23-year-old and there is a feeling the forward is open to continuing the long-standing partnership if an agreement can be reached.

Indeed, Rashford signed to Nike aged 11 and is the youngest footballer to ever sign for the iconic brand - a collaboration he holds close to his heart.

But his 12-year association with the sportswear giants is now under significant threat with rival companies ready to lure him away.

Puma, however, are known to have a significant budget and are hopeful of winning the race to sign Rashford.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9296697/Sportswear-giants-multi-million-pound-fight-Manchester-Utd-star-Marcus-Rashford.html
Old 25-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #387
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claims Marcus Rashford is 'living proof' youngsters can achieve their dreams at Man United as striker matches David Beckham's goal tally for club just five years since his debut

* Marcus Rashford is set to play on Thursday, five years to the day after his debut
* The Man United and England forward scored twice against Midtjylland in 2016
* Rashford has just equalled David Beckham's tally of 85 goals for the club
* And Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes he is proof Man United can develop talent

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Marcus Rashford has shown that 'dreams can come true' for young players at Manchester United.

Rashford is set to play against Real Sociedad in the Europa League at Old Trafford on Thursday night, five years to the day after making a sensational debut for United in the same competition when he scored twice against Midtjylland as an 18-year-old.

Rashford is now an established first-team player for United and England, and has just equalled David Beckham's tally of 85 goals for the club. The 23-year-old has also made a huge impact off the pitch with his campaign to feed under-privileged children which has earned him an MBE.

temporary image upload
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Marcus Rashford has shown that 'dreams can come true' for young players at Manchester United

'He's had an incredible impact on and off the pitch,' said Solskjaer. 'He's matured and grown into a real proper young man.

'He knows what it takes to be a Manchester United player on and off the pitch. I do remember (his debut) a young little lad coming on, two nice goals and a celebration with his teammates in the stand.

'I think he's living proof of what we want to do at the club. When you sign for Man United, whether you're five, six, 10, 14, you have a chance to make dreams come true and long may it continue. He's got 10-15 years left in him.

'Through the history of Man United we have proven and shown many times that we can develop our own, local ones, homegrown ones.

The game comes five years to the day after he scored two debut goals against Midtjylland. Rashford has also just equalled David Beckham's tally of 85 goals for the Old Trafford side. Solskjaer believes Rashford could do no better than following Cristiano Ronaldo's example

'But then you sign players like Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo, and you make them the best in the world. Sir Alex (Ferguson) was the best at it, Sir Matt (Busby) unbelievable and, of course, we want to follow in their footsteps.'

Solskjaer believes Rashford could do no better than following Ronaldo's example to make sure he makes the most of his career.

'I think what he does on and off the pitch you have to be meticulous to last for a long career,' added the United boss.

'We've had the best possible example of that in world football with Cristiano. The way he has looked after himself, the way he came into the club and we all took notice the way he developed throughout his career, and the way he looked after himself is major.

'I'm sure Marcus as well is looking after himself. That's the only way to be at the top, you can't get distracted. If you play until you're 35, you can do whatever you want after that.'

Solskjaer confirmed that two more rising stars at United – Amad Diallo and Shola Shoretire – will be in the squad to face Sociedad. Diallo made his first appearance since a £37million move from Atalanta in last week's 4-0 win over the Spaniards in the first-leg, while Shoretire made his debut as a substitute against Newcastle on Sunday.

However, Hannibal Mejbri – another teenager training with the first-team – has suffered an injury and United will also be without Edinson Cavani, Scott McTominay and Donny van de Beek for the second leg.

'No, they're still out,' said Solskjaer. 'They've still not trained enough or joined in, so we'll be more or less the same squad we had against Newcastle.

'Amad and Shola will be involved. They're in the squad but I'm not going to tell you if they're starting or not. Hannibal got injured in the reserves and he'll be out for a month. He was just coming into our squad and unfortunately he's out.'

Solskjaer confirmed that no players have tested positive for Covid even though his senior coaching staff will be absent for a second game in a row. Some tested positive and others are self-isolating as a precaution.

'We've had loads of tests since then and all the players have been negative,' said Solskjaer. 'The precaution we did, I think we just acted in the right time and right manner, but they won't be with us for this game, no.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9295475/Man-United-boss-Solskjaer-claims-Rashford-living-proof-youngsters-achieve-dreams-club.html
Old 26-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #388
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford's career exploded into life five years ago today when he rescued Man United on his debut. Now he's gone from teen star to national treasure with his superb School Meals campaign... here are his top five moments on and off the pitch

* Five years ago today, Marcus Rashford made his debut for Manchester United
* Rashford announced himself that day with a brace and has never looked back
* He has developed from boy to man and is an inspiration on and off the pitch
* Free school meals campaign and work with homeless was recognised with MBE

You'd be hard pressed to find a fan anywhere in the country with a bad word to say about Marcus Rashford. How often can you say that about a Manchester United player?

Five years ago today, the academy prospect made his debut for the club he holds dear and has since evolved from boy to man, prospect to star and footballer to inspirational figurehead.

Rashford is now something of a national treasure for his campaigning work and those five years have been littered with outstanding achievements.

Here, Sportsmail takes a look at his five best moments since February 25, 2016.

Marcus Rashford has evolved into a world class player in the five years since his debut

A stunning debut

United were up against it. They were staring down the barrel of a humiliating defeat in their Europa League tie against Midtjylland having lost the first leg 2-1 away from home.

Louis van Gaal's side were ravaged by injuries, 13 in total, a starry-eyed Rashford had been named in the bench but was given his big chance when Anthony Martial went down in the warm-up.

Midtjylland scored first to go 3-1 up and the situation at Old Trafford was becoming desperate.

Rashford became United's youngest ever European scorer, breaking George Best's record. He finished coolly in front of the Stretford End and ended up inspiring a comeback

Rashford then scored in front of the Stretford End, a simple finish followed by joyous embrace of the fans by the corner flag, back when fans in stadiums existed.

He then notched another, ghosting in behind the defence to convert his second from a floated cross and United ended up getting out of jail.

Rashford became United's youngest ever scorer in European competition, breaking a certain George Best's record.

It wasn't just the goals. His overall performance lit up the night and even prompted Cristiano Ronaldo, his idol, to say: 'I see some of myself in him for sure – he has courage and he's fast and is very good with the ball. He has an amazing future.'

The 18-year-old had arrived. The cat was out of the bag and United knew they had a special player on their hands.

Putting the old enemy to the sword

As a Manchester lad and boyhood United fan, Rashford would have fantasised about these moments.

Liverpool were the visitors to Old Trafford in March of the 2017/18 season. The Reds were in third at the time, snapping at the heels of United in second.

And Rashford came up with one of his most memorable displays in a United shirt.

His first goal was an absolute belter and not one he'll ever let England team-mate Trent Alexander-Arnold forget about.

De Gea pumped a goal-kick deep into Liverpool territory and Rashford gambled on the flick-on, sprinting in behind.

Marcus Rashford left Trent Alexander-Arnold for dead for his first goal in a win over Liverpool. The striker will have grown up dreaming about beating United's old rivals at Old Trafford

That flick-on arrived perfectly in the channel for the striker to gallop on to. He still had plenty of work to do with Alexander-Arnold tight to him but a neat flick back inside completely bamboozled the defender.

Rashford took one look but and hammered a low, rising shot into the far corner, sending Old Trafford into delerium.

He then gobbled up a rebound to double his tally in a game Jose Mourinho's side went on to win 2-1.

A major trophy to put on the shelf

Unfortunately for Rashford, his rise has coincided with a difficult few years for United. The post-Sir Alex Ferguson era is only just now showing signs of recovery but successes have been few and far between.

There have been moments in games, some wonderful goals, the winner against Manchester City securing a first victory over the noisy neighbours since 2012 back in 2012 when he was still 18, for example.

But footballers are remembered for what they achieve. For that reason, United's Europa League triumph in 2017 is massive.

Rashford celebrates winning the Europa League with friend and team-mate Jesse Lingard

So far, it is the most significant piece of silverware Rashford has won, not just because the trophy itself is ludicrously oversized.

Rashford led the line for his side that night in Stockholm against Ajax. And although he couldn't register on the scoresheet, he helped United win their last piece of silverware.

United are fighting on three fronts this season and although the Premier League is looking increasingly out of reach, Rashford will be driving his side hard to end that drought in the FA Cup and Europa League.

Helping the homeless

Back in the winter of 2019, Rashford launched a Christmas box campaign to help Manchester's homeless community.

He wanted to support some of the city's major homeless refuges including Barnabus, Centrepoint, Lifeshare and Shelter.

The idea was for people to fill a shoebox full of essential items which could be given to anyone in need during the festive period.

Rashford was still just 21 at the time but showed how community-driven he is.

He said: 'Last Christmas I prepared and delivered some gifting boxes around Manchester for those in need, with the help of my family.

The United striker launched a campaign to help the homeless in Manchester in 2019

'It was one of the most gratifying moments of the year, so when planning activity this time around I was adamant that we would reach more people in a more effective way.

'I'm extremely proud of where I'm from. I love this city and appreciate all of the support the city has given me over the years so this is my opportunity to help out those that might not otherwise have the best Christmas.'

Rashford's charitable streak then went from regional to national when the Covid pandemic hit...

Free School Meals campaign

It takes a special kind of man, let alone footballer, to force the Government into more dizzying U-turns than the Leader of the Opposition. Yet, sadly for Boris Johnson and Sir Keir Starmer, that's what Rashford has done.

His Free School Meals campaign was one of the rare genuinely satisfying moments of the past 12 months.

Rashford was passionate about his cause from personal experience, he knew how useful those free school meals where to low income families and how critical it is that children don't go hungry.

For a time last year, it seemed as though Rashford was the country's unofficial Prime Minister.

Rashford won widespread acclaim and recognition for his Free School Meals campaign

Johnson was as bamboozled by Rashford's campaigning as any Premier League full-back would be by his dancing feet, and the PM eventually even phoned him personally last November to say £396million of support for free school meals would be provided at Christmas.

Rashford's campaign started last June and he persuaded the Government to provide 1.3 million children with vouchers for meals, who would have been receiving them in term time but no longer had that access due to lockdown.

He saw it as a chance to give back, saying: 'Without the kindness and generosity of the community I had around me, there wouldn't be the Marcus Rashford you see today: a 22-year-old black man lucky enough to make a career playing a game I love.'

More than one million people then signed a petition started by Rashford for extra support to be given over Christmas, with 1.7 children fed as a result.

Rashford was awarded an MBE for his campaigning work but the children who have been fed are the crowning achievement of his last five years.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9299209/Marcus-Rashford-moments-pitch-five-year-anniversary-Manchester-United-debut.html
Old 18-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #389
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford admits only Europa League glory will save Manchester United from another disappointing season as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side bid to end four-year trophy drought ahead of last-16 second leg in Milan

* Rashford says anything less than Europa League victory will be a disappointment
* Solskjaer also recognises the fact that they must end four-year trophy drought
* United face AC Milan in the second leg of their last-16 clash on Thursday night

Marcus Rashford has insisted anything less than lifting the Europa League trophy would be a disappointment for Manchester United.

United go to the San Siro for Thursday night’s last-16 second leg against AC Milan after a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford, kicking off a season-defining four days which also includes the FA Cup quarter-final against Leicester.

Rashford, who may require surgery this summer for an ongoing shoulder issue, was forthright about how United need to resume winning trophies after a four-year drought.

‘Since we got kicked out of the Champions League, the focus has been to win the Europa League,’ Rashford said.

‘Anything less than that, I know the team and staff are not going to be happy.’

But manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer suggested winning cups in previous years had masked fundamental failings at the club. Jose Mourinho and Louis van Gaal were sacked by United despite winning silverware.

‘Sometimes it’s an ego thing for managers,’ Solskjaer said.

‘A cup can hide that you’re struggling. We need to see progress, then trophies will come. One trophy won’t say we’re back, it’s being around the top of the league while adding trophies.’

Rashford admits only Europa League glory will save United from another disappointing season. Manchester United face AC Milan in the second leg of their last-16 clash on Thursday night. Solskjaer has not shied away from the reality that United must end four-year trophy drought

The Norwegian pointed to United’s league tally — 12 points more than this time last season — as a sign of growth.

‘We are aiming to win trophies, it’s why you play football,’ Solskjaer added.

‘It’s in the league where you see us progressing. You might be lucky or unlucky with cup draws.’

Solskjaer was boosted on Wednesday by the return of Paul Pogba and David de Gea, but United are still without Edinson Cavani after an injury setback.

AC Milan boss Stefano Pioli confirmed that former United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is fit.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9372125/Marcus-Rashford-admits-Europa-League-glory-save-United-disappointing-season.html
Old 11-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #390
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford takes swipe at Jose Mourinho's rigid tactics and reveals it was 'difficult to play his best football' under his former Man United boss, who would tell his players 'you play there, you play there, you play there'

* Marcus Rashford has opened up on what it is like to play under Jose Mourinho
* The Manchester United striker was talking to Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand
* Rashford explained how it was rigid under Mourinho and it made it 'difficult'
* He added that he found it tough to play his best football under the Portuguese

Marcus Rashford believes Jose Mourinho's tactics prevented him from playing his best football at Manchester United under him as forwards were given no freedom to swap positions.

The 23-year-old was in conversation with Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand for BT Sport when the questioned was posed to Rashford as to whether he felt Mourinho afforded players to play free-flowing football.

'I think that's when we play our best football (when we can be flexible),' Rashford said.

Marcus Rashford explained why it was 'difficult' to play his best football under Jose Mourinho. Mourinho (right) was rigid in his approach, explained Rashford, as he said it was 'difficult'

Under Jose (Mourinho) I would say everything was a bit (points) "you play there, you play there, you play there". And yeah, you can do a job, but it was difficult for me to play my best football.'

In Mourinho's time in charge - two and a half seasons - Rashford managed 28 goals for United. Since Mourinho departed Rashford has bagged 42 goals across a similar time period.

Rooney, who found his minutes at United reduced after Rashford's emergence, remembered one game in 2017 in which Mourinho's defensive approach left the young striker with lots to do.

Rashford reflected on one game against Chelsea in which United went out with a back six. Wayne Rooney explained how he was worried for Rashford having been left so isolated up top

'I remember a Chelsea game, I was on the bench. Marcus kept me out the team!' Rooney said.

'I remember he (Jose) played a back SIX. And I remember thinking, "Jose's put Marcus up top on his own. Unless he runs in behind, Chelsea and David Luiz with all that experience. If he comes to feet we're in trouble."'

Rashford scored the opener in that game, a 2-0 win, but there was a growing sense that Mourinho's focus on defensive solidity detracted from free-flowing attacking football.

Part of Rooney's success at United, as he went on to be the club's all-time top scorer, was that he played in Sir Alex Ferguson teams that were fluid from a positional sense in attack.

'If I was struggling or a bit isolated in the game, whether that's out wide or a striker, No 10 position, I would occupy a different position, which would cause the opposition problems,' Rooney added.

Rooney explained that part of his success at United was down to free-flowing attacking play. Rooney (left) and Rashford (right) are in conversation with Rio Ferdinand (middle) on BT Sport

'We had good rotation, we had (Carlos) Tevez, Louis Saha, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, Ji Sung-Park - great players (and) we interchanged positions a lot. We caused the teams problems as we had that freedom.'

Mourinho took charge of United in May 2016 and led them to League Cup and Europa League titles.

But he was axed in December 2018 with United sixth, then 19 points behind league leaders Liverpool.

It was reported at the time that players were unhappy behind the scenes and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who replaced Mourinho, has since been able to rebuild United as they sit second this season and prepare for the Europa League final.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9562081/Marcus-Rashford-takes-swipe-Jose-Mourinhos-rigid-tactics-Manchester-United.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 98
Aba_MaczUnited, AbdoelWhae, adnantsaqib69, adrieee, alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, alpben, and1, andi abdul, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, annetapitt5084, Ardiey11, Ardi_UIMOLT, asby_ansya, axlfaris, B4YU, bang_zak, bbobbyitta5057, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, braausasda9593, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, der_emperor, dzulbeid, edhowin, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fey777, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, Gothic, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hasyim arif, HenryRooney07, hombreng, id4y, ImranImoh30, jehnzhulze7993, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, Juni HW, kuncahyo dicky, lauraniza, Legolash, Lila, mfikri19, Muhammad Nizar, Muzen Sebastian, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, penk22_, Rean, Regasiqbal, Rendi Pardi, revald, reza willya, RH20, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, Rony_17, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, SR 7, Taufik_Liem, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, united7, Van_Munandar, victory II, wazza_ampuh, widhyraditya_, wira_ozora, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku, Zulfan