United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 22-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Callum Evans

16/10/2014 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Callum Evans handles step up

Callum Evans has forced himself into Manchester United's Under-21 squad this season and looks comfortable despite the*step up in age group.

The young full-back came on at half-time in both the Manchester Senior Cup final and opening Under-21 league fixture*with Norwich City, before*earning starts in Warren Joyce's side against Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur and catching the eye during the win over the latter in particular.

Bristol-born Evans - who turned 19 earlier this month -*told*Inside United he aims*to earn a regular place in the Under-21 line-up and complete the step up to the next level.**

How did your move to United come about?
I was on trial at Portsmouth when I was 12. I was there, on and off, for two years but got injured and they wanted me to do some rehabilitation work. So I was sent to an Academy run by [former QPR player] Michael Meaker and the David Lloyd gym to help regain my strength and fitness. I did that but then the Portsmouth Academy folded. I'd heard United were looking at me when I was 10 and they actually scouted me in a game for my school. United asked me to come on trial when I was 14 and I went to Lilleshall and did the same in the following year. They said then they wanted to sign me and I moved away aged 14.

Was it difficult to adapt to leaving home at such a young age?
Yes, especially when you're only 14 and moving away from your family to live in digs and attend a new school. I was taking my GCSEs as well so it was hard.

How have you found the start to the season?
We've done all right but we've not had that many games so it's gone a little slowly. It's not been easy to find our rhythm with the gaps between fixtures. I've played as wing-back and I think it's better for me as I like to get forward a lot. It is different when I'm on the opposite side of the pitch that I'm used to but I think it's good to get forward knowing there is cover from the defence.

Would you agree that stamina is one of your main assets?
I think that is one of my strengths. It's been a big step up from the Under-18s and this is mainly down to the training. As a first-year at this level, we tend to do more training than anybody else in order to get us up to speed.

How encouraging is it that Louis van Gaal is such a firm believer in promoting youngsters?
The new manager has given a lot of opportunities and Tyler [Blackett], for instance, is doing well. As a young player, you just hope for that opportunity. Of course, the first aim is to get into the Under-21 side regularly. It was a good feeling to come off the bench and help change the game against Manchester City in the final. We came away with the victory and I felt part of the team. Of course, you're still part of the team when you're not involved but you don't quite get the same sense of accomplishment.

Can you describe what it’s like being a Manchester United player?
You just can't really explain the feeling. If anything, it's like a dream. You never think when you are younger that you could be at a club like this. I try not to take it for granted. I'll keep trying my best every day and whatever happens will happen.

Last edited by rondwisan; 22-10-2014 at 01:48 AM..
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
Ardiey11
first team
Ah..cuma member aja. Titik

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Ardiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud of
Visit Ardiey11's Facebook Visit Ardiey11's Twitter
Default Re: Callum Evans

Manchester United starlet Callum Evans reveals stamina is his strongest asset

Manchester United’s rising star Callum Evans has revealed his strongest asset as his value continues to shoot up after his fine performances for the youth sides.
The full-back has recently made the breakthrough into the United Under-21 squad and there are suggestions that it is only a matter of time until he follows into the footsteps of Paddy McNair and Tyler Blackett by starting in the first team.
Evans started in the U21′s side against Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur recently, and caught the eye during the win over the latter in particular for Warren Joyce’s side.
The 19-year-old is looking to command a regular spot in the U21 side after making the breakthrough and after competing in the UEFA Youth League last season, the future is bright for Evans.
Taking part in a Q&A for the Manchester United website Evans was questioned on whether stamina was his best asset.
Evans replied: “I think that [stamina] is one of my strengths. It’s been a big step up from the Under-18s and this is mainly down to the training. As a first-year at this level, we tend to do more training than anybody else in order to get us up to speed.”

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/manchest...yApPdszAaSw.99
Ardiey11 is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 8
Ardiey11, asririzky, fredrian.seven, jifortin, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited