United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 17-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #581
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gary Neville

Gary Neville slams Manchester United's 'dismal' defeat by West Brom and insists Jose Mourinho must identify and sell the stars causing 'attitude and consistency problems'

* Gary Neville conceded that he was surprised by Manchester United's defeat
* He criticised his former side's performance against bottom-side West Brom
* The defeat meant Manchester City were crowned Premier League champions
* Neville insisted Jose Mourinho needs to get rid of the players causing issues

Gary Neville has slammed Manchester United's performance in their shock 1-0 defeat by West Brom on Sunday.

Jay Rodriguez's second-half header condemned United to their first loss at home in the league since December and meant Manchester City were crowned Premier League champions with five games remaining.

Following the defeat by the league's bottom side, manager Jose Mourinho accused his players of letting victory in the Manchester derby last week go to their heads.

Neville conceded that he was surprised by the result and insisted Mourinho needs to get rid of the players causing 'attitude and consistency problems'.

Neville said on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football: 'I didn’t see it coming, it was a dismal, weak day for United. They started the season trying to rid themselves of these performances.

'Mourinho referred to attitude and consistency, he needs to identify the ones causing those problems and they need to go. I think there will be three or four players leaving and the same number coming in.

Gary Neville has criticised Manchester United's performance in their 1-0 defeat by West Brom. He insisted Mourinho needs to get rid of players causing 'attitude and consistency problems'

'He's got to make that gap up and it's going to be tough. Consistency is about mentality and the players fell well below that considering the last couple of weeks.'

The result at Old Trafford ensured Pep Guardiola clinched the league in his second campaign at the Etihad and in the process ended a remarkable run of second-season success for his United counterpart Mourinho.

The Portuguese has previously won the league in his second season at Porto, Chelsea (twice), Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5622545/Gary-Neville-criticises-Man-Uniteds-performance-against-West-Brom.html
Old 18-05-2018, 11:04 PM   #582
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

100 persen setuju dengan Oom Gary

Gary Neville Tak Ingin Liverpool dan Chelsea Raih Piala
M. HAFIDZ IMADUDDIN, Kompas.com

KOMPAS.com - Legenda Manchester United, Gary Neville, menyebut akan menjadi bencana bagi dirinya dan semua fans Setan Merah andai Liverpool dan Chelsea mengakhiri musim dengan trofi juara. Seperti diketahui, Liverpool berkesempatan meraih trofi Liga Champions andai bisa mengalahkan Real Madrid di partai final. Sementara itu, Chelsea akan berhadapan dengan Manchester United pada laga final Piala FA. Melihat hal ini, Neville berharap Chelsea dan Liverpool terpeleset di partai final dan Manchester United membawa pulang Piala FA.

"Mari kita hidup dengan harapan bahwa Manchester United memenangi Piala FA dan Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) mencetak hat-trick yang indah dan menempatkan kami keluar dari kesengsaraan di babak kedua dan membuat kami rileks," ujar Neville. "Nah, Liverpool bermain dengan cemerlang untuk mencapai final Liga Champions. Saya hanya tidak ingin mereka menang!" kata Neville.

Harapan Neville ini didasari oleh bagaimana rivalitas Man United dengan Liverpool dan Chelsea di Liga Inggris. Selanjutnya, Neville berandai jika harapannya tersebut tidak terwujud dan terjadi sebaliknya. Dengan bercanda, Neville menyebut akan pergi ke suatu tempat ke wilayah terpencil dengan fans Man United lainnya. "Jika Liverpool sekarang memenangi Liga Champions dan Chelsea mengalahkan Man United di final Piala FA, jujur saya mungkin pergi bepergian selama satu tahun ke suatu tempat di mana tidak ada Wi-Fi atau sinyal telepon," ucap Neville.

"Sebenarnya, mungkin ada beberapa juta fans Man United yang bergabung dengan saya. Tanggal berapa final Liga Champions? 26 Mei? Kami semua mendapat pesawat carter yang dipesan untuk tanggal 27 Mei. Akan ada satu juta penerbangan yang dipesan dari Manchester ke hutan Amazon. Kami keluar dari sini, kami akan pergi," ujarnya. Sebagai informasi, partai final Piala FA akan berlangsung di Stadion Wembley, Sabtu (19/5/2018). Satu minggu berselang, laga final Liga Champions akan digelar di Stadion NSC Olimpijskyj, Kyiv, Ukraina, Sabtu (26/5/2018).
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #583
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'Don't three quarters build a house, you've got to finish it': Gary Neville slams Manchester United for not backing Jose Mourinho in transfer market after giving him new contract

* Jose Mourinho was denied signing a new centre-back over the summer
* Manchester United handed their manager a new deal in January this year
* Gary Neville has questioned why they then failed to back him in the window

Gary Neville has accused Manchester United of failing to back Jose Mourinho in the transfer market this summer and questioned why they gave him a new deal in January.

Mourinho extended his contract until 2020 earlier this year but was left frustrated this summer in his efforts to sign a new centre-back.

That has been heightened in the wake of suffering their first defeat of the new season, an error-ridden 3-2 defeat at Brighton on Sunday.

Neville, speaking on Monday Night Football, said: 'At the moment there is definitely an angst there between the club and Jose. Jose announced a week last Friday on our show in an interview that he might as well be called a head coach.

'What he was generally saying to us was basically "I've just been given the players I'm told to work with now". Don't get me wrong, the club have supported Jose Mourinho and given him a lot of money but you can't go half rolls.

'The analogy I used last Friday was don't three quarters build a house, you've got to finish it and they had to finish it if they were going to give that contract extension in January.'

Gary Neville has accused Manchester United of failing to back Jose Mourinho this summer. Mourinho was unable to end the central defender he craved during the summer window. Neville went on to question why Ed Woodward handed Mourinho a new deal in January

United were priced out of a move for England and Leicester centre-back Harry Maguire and were also in for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld.

In the absence of a new centre-half, Mourinho has persisted with Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof, who failed to impressed at the AMEX Stadium this weekend.

Neville questioned why Mourinho was handed a lucrative new £15m-a-year deal if he was going to be backed with investment.

'It's painful to think how it's played out these last five or six years', he continued. 'If Ed Woodward was going to doubt Jose Mourinho the time to doubt him was at the point whereby he should have said "I'm not giving you a new contract" last January.

'The minute that he gave Jose Mourinho a contract extension, which was some would say unnecessary part way through a season but believing in the manager, showing the faith, and he had to then buy him the centre backs.

'He had to get him Maguire, he had to get him Alderweireld because they wouldn't have made those mistakes, and irrespective of the manager of Manchester United, they need new centre backs.

'My view is that Alderweireld and Maguire would have been good options. If it cost £120million to bring them in then that's what you have to do when you are backing Jose Mourinho. You back him.

'If you doubt him then the time to be doubting him was last January and say "no, we'll do it at the end of the season, we have nine months to run now"'.

Neville also pinpointed chief executive Ed Woodward's role in undermining the manager and his efforts to strengthen the squad.

Mourinho was only able to bring in Brazilian midfielder Fred and young full-back Diogo Dalot from Porto.

Neville added: 'When I think of the briefing which is now a well told story that Ed Woodward gave journalists a day before the Leicester game undermines Jose Mourinho, there is no doubt about that.

'Jose Mourinho knows that and he isn't going to take any messing off anybody. "This is why we didn't sign three centre backs, this is why we didn't support Jose in the transfer window".

'He was trying to justify to the media why he's not backed his manager but it's too late for that, you've given him a contract extension and back him to the end.

'My view would be that he has got to stay to the very end of that contract and be backed to the end of that contract if you're going to give a contract extension as the CEO of the club.'

Quote:
NEVILLE IN FULL ON MNF

'It's painful to think how it's played out these last five or six years. If Ed Woodward was going to doubt Jose Mourinho the time to doubt him was at the point whereby he should have said "I'm not giving you a new contract" last January.

'The minute that he gave Jose Mourinho a contract extension, which was some would say unnecessary part way through a season but believing in the manager, showing the faith and he had to then buy him the centre backs.

'He had to get him Maguire, he had to get him Alderweireld because they wouldn't have made those mistakes yesterday. And irrespective of the manager of Manchester United, Manchester United need new centre backs

'My view is that Alderweireld and Maguire would have been good options. If it cost £120million to bring them in then that's what you have to do when you are backing Jose Mourinho. You back him.

'If you doubt him then the time to be doubting him was last January and say "no, we'll do it at the end of the season, we have nine months to run now".

'And I look at it from a sort of board perspective and it's been messy these last couple of weeks. When I think of the briefing which is now a well told story that Ed Woodward gave journalists a day before the Leicester game undermines Jose Mourinho, there is no doubt about that.

'And Jose Mourinho knows that and he isn't going to take any messing off anybody.'

"'This is why we didn't sign three centre backs, this is why we didn't support Jose in the transfer window".

'He was trying to justify to the media why he's not backed his manager [but] it's too late for that, you've given him a contract extension [and] back him to the end.

'My view would be that he has got to stay to the very end of that contract and be backed to the end of that contract if you're going to give a contract extension as the CEO of the club.

'The CEO of the football club yesterday sat in his spot for two minutes after the game in what I can only describe as something that I don't want to see the CEO of Manchester United to do.

'At the end of the game, stand up, go and shake the opposition CEO's hand, tell him well done, tell him you'll see him later on in the season, smile, be bigger than anything and get into the back.

'All I could see that was, yeah, a show of frustration but could also be interpreted as another show of dissent. And at the moment there is definitely an angst there between the club, between Jose, Jose announced a week last Friday on our show in an interview that he might as well be called a head coach.

'What he was generally saying to us was basically "I've just been given the players I'm told to work with now". Don't get me wrong, the club have supported Jose Mourinho and given him a lot of money but you can't go half rolls.

'The analogy I used last Friday was don't three quarters build a house, you've got to finish it and they had to finish it if they were going to give that contract extension in January.'
Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6079965/Gary-Neville-slams-Man-United-not-backing-Jose-Mourinho-transfer-market.html
Old 21-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #584
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Gary Neville: MU Perlu Bekerja Lebih Modern, Seperti Bayern atau City
Rifqi Ardita Widianto - detikSport

Jakarta - Gary Neville percaya Manchester United perlu mengubah pendekatan manajemennya. 'Setan Merah' perlu lebih fokus membangun struktur keolahragaan.

MU sudah kesulitan dalam lima musim terakhir. Kecuali musim lalu di mana mereka finis runner-up, empat musim sebelumnya tak mampu finis lebih baik dari posisi empat.

Pada musim lalu pun performa MU masih tertinggal jauh dari Manchester City yang juara dengan dominan. Paul Pogba dkk. menuntaskan musim dengan 81 poin, tertinggal 19 poin dari City.

Kendati sukses secara komersial --MU merupakan tim dengan pemasukan terbesar di dunia yakni 676,3 juta euro atau Rp 11,37 triliun di 2018 berdasarkan data Deloitte-- namun performa di lapangan dinilai tak sebanding. Neville menyoroti kinerja wakil CEO MU Ed Woodward, yang bertanggung jawab atas operasional klub.

"Tugas Ed Woodward adalah mendatangkan keuntungan di dalam dan luar lapangan. Keuntungan di lapangan itu dari performa dan trofi-trofi: titel liga dan Liga Champions," kata Neville dikutip Sky Sports.

"Klub sukses di luar lapangan, Ed Woodward sudah melakukan tugas luar biasa dalam hal operasi komersial dan cara yang dilakukan klub untuk membuat keuntungan. Tapi tak ada keraguan bahwa dia seharusnya menempatkan struktur sepakbola di bawahnya yang luar biasa serius dan bisa berjalan serta sukses di lapangan," imbuhnya.

MU sudah gagal juara Premier League sejak terakhir kali pada 2012/2013. Sementara musim ini dimulai dengan suasana negatif di ruang ganti, setelah manajer Jose Mourinho komplain soal minimnya pemain baru. Kekalahan dari Brighton and Hove Albion di pekan kedua kian membuat muram atmosfer.

Neville merasa sudah saatnya MU lebih konsentrasi ke persoalan keolahragaan. Salah satunya dengan menempatkan struktur lebih modern seperti di klub lain, yakni dengan merekrut kepala perekrutan pemain dan direktur keolahragaan.

"Sepakbola sudah berubah, sudah berlalu hari-hari chairman dan manajer. Sekarang ada kepala perekrutan, direktur-direktur keolahragaan, dan serangkaian orang yang bekerja di klub-klub terbaik dunia seperti Bayern Munich dan sayangnya, Manchester City, yang struktur kerja dan orang-orangnya fantastis," sambung Neville.

"Manchester United harus melakukan hal serupa sekarang. Ed Woodward bisa duduk di sana sebagai vice-chairman dan memastikan sisi komersial dan sepakbola mendatangkan keuntungan di dalam dan luar lapangan. United perlu orang-orang sepakbola yang serius untuk bisa membangun klub, karena mereka sudah berpindah-pindah dari satu strategi ke strategi lain," tandasnya.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #585
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Manchester United will be fine': Gary Neville claims his former club should sell Paul Pogba if he isn't committed

* Gary Neville believes Manchester United 'will be fine' without Paul Pogba
* The former Reds defender says the club should sell Pogba if he is not committed
* Pogba has a fractious relationship with United boss Jose Mourinho currently

Gary Neville believes his former club Manchester United should sell midfielder Paul Pogba is he is not fully committed.

The Frenchman's future at Old Trafford has been called into question given his fractious relationship with boss Jose Mourinho.

He returned to United for a second spell in June 2016 but it has not run smoothly and with Barcelona and Juventus keen on the World Cup winner, Neville feels United can live without him.

Manchester United 'will be fine' without Paul Pogba, believes ex-Reds defender Gary Neville. The player-turned-pundit feels United should sell the French midfielder if he is not committed

'Neville the pundit on Pogba would say, "He's a talented player but I want to see more consistency and leadership," the former right back told The Times.

'As a fan, honestly, part of me is that no one is bigger than the club and I am not interested in people who are looking left and right.

'So Paul, if you want to go play somewhere else, let's make that work for you because Manchester United will be fine, don't worry about that.'

Pogba has continually looked at ease when playing for his country, impressing in the recent Nations League win over Holland, but he has endured an indifferent start to the new Premier League season.

Pogba has been captain but has endured an indifferent start to the new league campaign. He has a fractious relationship with manager Jose Mourinho and that is key in his future plans

Made captain for the opening matches, Mourinho appeared to be looking to smooth over relations but defeat by Brighton on matchday two saw Pogba question his own - and his team-mates' - attitude.

The Frenchman also failed to quell stories surrounding his relationship with the manager and he also flirted with a potential exit during an interview with Sky Sports Germany.

'There was a lot of talk, but it was just like that, I'm under contract in Manchester,' Pogba told the TV station.

'My future is currently in Manchester, I still have a contract, I'm playing there at the moment, but who knows what will happen in the next few months.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6162927/Gary-Neville-claims-Manchester-United-sell-Paul-Pogba-isnt-committed.html
Old 17-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #586
Andi Istiabudi
manager

On the 25th anniversary of his Manchester United debut, club legend Gary Neville recalls the events surrounding his short but memorable outing against Torpedo Moscow at Old Trafford...

I've never been a crier. There's a lot of emotion in playing for United, but I never cried, either over winning or losing. There are three moments, though, that got me to the point of almost being emotional:

Barcelona.

Getting the contract, at 14, that said I was going to get a chance.

Making my debut.

That last one, thinking: “I've played for United'. It was a massive moment for me. It feels such a long time ago. Well, it is a long time ago. 25 years.

And it was a throw-in. My debut was a throw-in against Torpedo Moscow. That was it. I didn't touch the ball with my feet. I don't know if that was the only time that's ever happened. It typified my career, actually!

I remember the little things about the day. What sticks out most is that it was the first time I'd ever stayed in a hotel before a first-team game. My dad dropped me off at lunchtime and we stayed at the Midland Hotel. In those days, probably until I was 23 or 24 at United, we shared rooms. Chris Casper was in the squad too and I shared with him. I'd shared with Cas in the youth team squads, but when we got in this room, I was like:

”Cas, this is unbelievable. We're in the Midland Hotel!”

We went down for lunch and all this incredible food was laid out for us in a buffet. We were used to the food at The Cliff. On a Friday, Theresa who ran the canteen would put on sausage, chips and beans. Thursday was cheese flan. If the A-team had Morecambe away on a Friday night, Eric Harrison would make you put your chippy order in before the game! It was the most amazing thing. You knew that if you won, your chippy afterwards would taste so sweet. Jimmy Curran, Eric's sidekick who was physio, masseur and all-round brilliant bloke, would wander over the road, we'd come back and he'd have it all ready for us. We'd all be fighting over what we'd ordered, usually because of Butty. Now, Butty is one of those lads who'd order fish and chips, but if the sausage and chips looked better then he'd say he'd ordered that, and someone else would have the wrong order. You knew without fail that it would be Butty who'd taken the wrong one.

As you can tell, by the way, there was no dietician at the club when I first joined!

So, suddenly we're in the Midland, me and Cas, in this grand old hotel in the centre of town, looking at this spread of food, and you think you've made it. As a kid, you just do.

After we've eaten we go back to our room, with two massive big double beds, and it was probably just a standard room, but to us it felt like a suite. And we're thinking:

“What do we do now?”

You're supposed to go to sleep. The older lads knew. That was the habit, so they went to sleep. But we couldn't sleep. We were 17! We had no chance.

Butty and Becks were both in the squad as well. This was less than six months after we'd won the FA Youth Cup, and there was a real buzz building around our group. Rightly so, too. Those of us who were in that A-team still talk about those days. The football we had been playing in our first year at The Cliff was genuinely unbelievable. I look back now and remember certain things we were doing and it was football that you would see at a mature, high level.

I remember The Cliff being full of people who were there to watch us. Anybody could walk in on the day without paying and it was full. The first team would watch too. The football was unreal, and that was without Giggsy most of the time because he was already up in the first team. When he came back down to the youth team we got even better. We were unreal, and we didn't even have a centre forward most of the time. That was the one thing we didn't have. Giggsy came in and took it to a completely different level. Midfield was Becks, Butty, Simon Davies, Ben Thornley, Keith Gillespie… Scholesy wasn't even in the team in that first year!

Being part of that team was a privilege. I still think back to the day I got offered schoolboy apprenticeship forms. My family and I only thought I was going to get offered another year, and they offered me a four-year contract: 14 to 16 on schoolboy terms with the promise of going full-time from 16 to 18. My dad actually drove to my school and told them: ”I need to take him out of school,” and when he told me I kept thinking:

“I can't believe it.”

I'll always remember that moment.

That moment led me into the most incredibly testing environment. The manager was demanding, but long before we worked with him, we were coached by Eric Harrison and Nobby Stiles. And by God, they were both demanding.

Imagine losing a tackle when you play in a youth team run by Nobby Stiles and Eric Harrison. Eric was from Yorkshire, a non-league centre half who was quite possibly the grittiest, nastiest centre half you've ever come across. He'd probably broken his nose eight times. Tough as nails.

Nobby was Nobby. He would send us out onto the pitch and his last words to us would be: “Remember your best friends out there.” He meant your studs. It was his way of telling you to win the battle. Every game, remember your best friends. If one of us lost a tackle or got topped in a game, he'd be going mad. Those demands didn't ease when you got nearer the first team.

That was a dressing room of leaders. It was unbelievable how the club had amassed so many. The club had Bruce, Pallister, Ince, Robson, McClair, Schmeichel, Irwin, Hughes, and any one of them could have been captain. Within a year they had Cantona and Keane too. Even Giggsy went on to be captain when he was older. Dion Dublin, Mick Phelan, Clayton Blackmore. They were great with the young lads. We were really lucky to come through that dressing room, but they were also tough on you. It was a tough school. First team training was hard. They expected a lot from you. Demanded good passes, demanded you got to the ball, stopped the cross, defended your back post, won your headers. Losing a header wasn't acceptable. Letting your striker flick a ball on wasn't acceptable. Giving a pass away wasn't acceptable. They wouldn't accept mistakes.

This had been drilled into me by the time I was sat in that huge room in the Midland, waiting for the night to come. My mind wandered, of course, and I just had a feeling, just a little inkling. I knew I was going to be on the bench, but I just had this little inkling that I might get on at some point. So I had to be ready. Everything had to be right.

That's how it always had to be throughout my career. There was the odd occasion in 20 years where I had a Chinese takeaway on a Thursday and I carried it into the game, so I thought: ”I've not done everything right here.” Almost all the time, though, I had. If I could tell myself I'd prepared well, I'd done the right things, eaten the right things, that was the key. Once I got in that tunnel, it was like a checklist. You ask yourself: “Have I done everything I possibly can to make myself play well in this match?”

Over the years, as part of that you develop a little routine, even down to being sat in the right seat on the coach or putting the right Tubigrip tape on. When I went back for Michael Carrick's testimonial the other month, they didn't have my tape. I couldn't believe it. They'd had to keep that tape for 20 years. Had to. It was my tape. Tubigrip. D width. Not E. Not C. D width. And then two tie-ups, always cut with the same scissors. I used to have two tie-ups that you were supposed to cut with bandage scissors, but I always cut them with normal scissors because I couldn't cut them with those weird scissors. Stupid things like that through my career had to be right.

I sat in the players' lounge toilets – the same cubicle – for 15 minutes. When the boss finished his team-talk, I'd get my kit on and sit on the toilet, with the lid down, and read the programme in complete peace for 15 minutes. Tranquillity. I did that every game.

Even on the day before a game, coming off the training pitch on the day before the game, I used to zigzag sprint off the pitch. Every Friday. The new lads, the foreign lads who came in towards the end, say Ronaldo or Tevez, they'd be looking at me as if to say: ”What is this muppet doing?”

That's just how I was. Those things build over time, so they weren't there ahead of my first game. But even by that stage, at 17, I just knew I had to have a massage on my lower back. I didn't even have a bad back. The physio, Jim McGregor, hated it.

“What's this for?”

”I just need it.”

He'd have to do it. He was angry all the way through. Spitting. Every game, for 25 years, I had that massage. I needed it. Having everything right calmed me down.

I very, very rarely got nervous over the course of my career. I was always intense before a game, but hardly ever affected by nerves. I had four games where I felt like things were getting on top of me:

My first FA Youth Cup game at Sunderland, I was nervous as hell. But it went really well.

My first big match for United was the FA Cup semi-final against Crystal Palace at Villa Park. I'd been there in 1983 and 1985 to watch semi-finals, so this was the biggest thing in the world. That's the point, getting through that 2-2 and playing well, then playing well and winning the replay; that's the point where I thought: “I'm in here.” I felt confident.

Then I made my England debut and was nervous. I'd only played 17 United games.

And, of course, my United debut. I remember warming up during the game and thinking: ”Wow.” This was the first time I'd been out on the pitch at Old Trafford and there had been a crowd. The attendance was just under 20,000, but it was still massive.

With five minutes to go, the gaffer told me to warm up again, but I thought my time had passed. I didn't think he was bringing me on. Then he said: “You're going on.”

When you hear that and you know you're about to run on, you go into protection mode. In your first game, with a defender's mentality, you're not thinking: ”I'm going to come on, score a goal and be the hero.” You're just not. You're thinking: “Don't cock up.”

That's it. As a defender back then, if you passed it well and didn't make mistakes defensively, you'd have a good game. Nowadays you might need 10 assists and three goals per season, but back then, as a defender, your job was to serve the ball well into your forwards, serve it well into your midfielders, don't make a mistake. That was my job. Organise. Communicate. Simple things. You're going on thinking that if you get a touch, you have to make sure it's a good pass.

Don't leave your man. Don't get beat. Don't give a penalty away. Don't do stupid things. Just don't cock up.

I came on for Lee Martin and slotted in behind Andrei Kanchelskis. It wasn't a problem being behind him. He was electric. What I found in my first 20 games for United was that Andrei was so good, most teams would drop their left winger to have a second left-back. That made it easier for me. Loads of times I was playing a game against no left winger because they had two left-backs against Andrei.

I had Becks in front of me after that, so they had to stop his crosses. That meant the left winger would drop deep again. Then when you played with Ronaldo there were two left-backs on him. No wonder I played for 20-odd years. I will say, though, that those three didn't like tracking back either, so I always got it the other way!

On my debut, though, there wasn't time for any of that. Remember, my debut was a throw-in. So I get this throw-in, high up the field, last minute. I had a big throw anyway, but when I was younger it was even bigger. I could throw it into the box, even though Old Trafford was a big pitch. So I launch it into the area, but it comes to nothing.

I got in the dressing room after the game, and the manager just went off on one at Gary Pallister. He went mad at him. ”Have you ever watched the youth team? You're a disgrace. Watch the youth team and you'd know he's got a long throw. We're nil-nil in the last minute against Torpedo Moscow and you're on the halfway line!”

I was a bit embarrassed really, but obviously I was buzzing. If I died the next day, I'd played for United. From the age of four or five, that had been a dream.

I remember seeing my dad after the game and it was a genuinely proud moment. He took me home and I didn't sleep a wink. The adrenaline was still pumping. I still shared a room with our kid at that point. Actually, talking to him should have sent me to sleep. I should have said to him: “Phil, commentate on my throw-in for me.”

That would have done the trick!

For the first 10 years of my career, I couldn't sleep after a night game. No chance.

You might sleep at 3am or 3.30am until 5.30am when you're coming down off a game. That's not just me, that's normal. I moved into town when I was 26 or 27. Me and Giggsy used to go out for a couple of beers after night games. Two beers we were allowed.

“Takes the edge off you. Gets you to sleep,” he used to say.

To be fair, it did work. Two bottles. We used to stop at Sugar Lounge for two beers after a game, then we'd go back to No.1 Deansgate and after that I started sleeping after night games. It took me 10 years to realise.

After my debut, I wasn't wise to that yet, so I just lay there, replaying it all in my mind. My dream had come true. Four days later I was playing against Chester Reserves for the A-team. The manager was an expert at giving you encouragement, but quickly making sure you didn't get ahead of yourself. A week after my debut, Becks was given his against Brighton. The manager left me out and I was a bit upset, wondering why. The young lads were often dipped in and out of the squad, and I always think of it as a big test. He'd get you up but then bring you straight back down quickly.

It had been the same with Eric Harrison in the youth team. That was Eric's motto: toughen up. I've left you out, so what? I left him out last week. He's not whinging. Get on with it. Toughen up. Nobby was the same. Kiddo was the one who made you feel 10 feet tall with his encouragement, but even he wasn't prone to going over the top. He just knew the right time to make you feel better.

All you needed from Eric or from Alex Ferguson was one line: ”Well done, son.” When you hear that, you just think: “I've done alright here.”

Praise from the manager gave you this incredible feeling, but you always knew that he could go mad. I'd seen him give Pally a roasting after the first leg against Torpedo, but that was nothing compared to what went off after the second leg.

At the time, I was on £29.50 a week, plus £10 expenses. That's what we all got paid. Becks, Butty, me, all of us. Nobody was on anything different. Becks was on the bench, Butty was on the bench. It was a £2,000 bonus per player if we got through the tie and you'd played both games. If you got on the pitch in one game but not the next, then it was £1,500. It was £1,000 if you'd been in the squad at all.

So we travelled over to Moscow for the return leg and we were stood at the side of the bench. It was 0-0 again. It went to penalties. Between us we've got £3,500 riding on this shootout. I'm on for £1,500 and it was a grand each for Becks and Butty. We're thinking: “Never mind the result, this is 40 weeks' wages!”

We were going to put payments down on cars as we got back to Manchester. We went 2-0 up after Torpedo missed their first two penalties…and we still lost!

Brucey, Choccy and Pally all missed. Some of the worst penalties I've ever seen. In the dressing room afterwards, the three of us are virtually crying in the corner because we'd lost three and a half grand to Torpedo Moscow. I'd lost my Peugeot GTI. I think Becks was ordering a Maserati with his.

To this day, Brucey, Choccy and Pally owe us cars.

The gaffer came into the dressing room afterwards and it was like World War Three. He sets about the three of them, arguing about the penalties, and Robbo stepped in. Somebody else stepped in. The gaffer hadn't calmed down by that point, and with the relationship he had with those lads, he was able to properly get at them. If those lot had started throwing punches, then we were in trouble. They were maniacs. Over the next couple of seasons I saw it happen more than once. I remember him going mad at Blackburn when we lost 2-0 and Shearer scored both, then at Liverpool after we lost a three-goal lead and drew, Barcelona away after losing 4-0.

You see this and you're thinking: ”These lot are a bunch of maniacs. What are we letting ourselves in for here?”

That was all part of it, though. It was surreal. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it's not real. I don't think playing football for United is real. You go out and stand in that tunnel and you become something completely different. It's not a normal feeling. It's something that players, when they retire, they struggle to replicate. They don't know what it is. It's adrenaline, a buzz, something that comes into your body and you just think:

“This. This is… amazing.”

And you never forget the first time you feel it.

www.manutd.com
Old 01-10-2018, 11:00 PM   #587
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Mourinho Dibayangi Pemecatan, Gary Neville Membela
Femi Diah - detikSport

Manchester - Laju buruk Manchester United membuat manajemen akan membahas masa depan Jose Mourinho secepatnya. Gary Neville membela sang manajer.

MU memang tampil kurang sip di awal musim 2018/2019. Dalam tujuh laga yang dilakoni, Setan Merah sudah menuai tiga kekalahan.

Situasi makin memanas setelah Red Devils kandas 1-3 di tangan West Ham United akhir pekan lalu. Sebelumnya, MU juga tersingkir dari Piala Liga Inggris. MU dikalahkan tim divisi dua, Derby County, lewat adu penalti 7-8 usai bermain 2-2 di waktu normal di Old Trafford pada 26 September.

Suasana ruang ganti juga disebut tengah panas. Selain itu, Mourinho terlibat cekcok dengan Paul Poga.

Mantan pemain MU, Neville, menyebut tak semestinya laju buruk MU ditimpakan kepada Mourinho semata. Sebab, keroposnya MU sudah dimulai jauh sebelum Mourinho direkrut.

"Kekacauan ini dimulai saat Manchester United memecat David Moyes setelah bekerja selama delapan bulan. Kami juga kehilangan semua nilai-nilai yang telah dibangun klub selama 100 tahun," cuit Neville di akun Twitter dan dilansir Dalystar.

"Ini bukan salah manajer. Ini karena kurangnya kepemimpinan sepak bola di atasnya. Mereka memantul ke segala arah tanpa rencana!" dia menambahkan.

Sebelumnya, mantan pemain MU, Rio Ferdinand, menyebut memang sedang ada masalah di ruang ganti pemain. Manajemen klub bakal segera membicarakan masa depan Mourinho.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #588
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Gary Neville Sebut Sejumlah Pemain Paling Mengesankan, Van Dijk Teratas
Redzi Arya Pratama - detikSport

Jakarta - Gary Neville menyebut sejumlah pemain yang tampil mengesankan di Premier League musim ini. Di antara nama-nama itu, Virgil van Dijk disebutnya paling oke.

Premier League telah berjalan tujuh pekan. Manchester City dan Liverpool bersaing ketat di puncak klasemen, sama-sama mengoleksi 19 poin disusul Chelsea dengan 17 poin di posisi tiga.

Baik City dan Liverpool sama-sama produktif dan kuat di lini belakang. City sudah bikin 21 gol sementara Liverpool punya 15 gol --sama dengan Chelsea. Dalam aspek pertahanan, City dan Liverpool baru kemasukan tiga kali, paling sedikit dari seluruh tim.

Sementara City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, dan Arsenal bersaing di lima besar, Manchester United sementara ini tercecer di posisi 10. MU yang mengumpulkan 10 poin tertinggal lima poin dari Arsenal di posisi lima.

Eden Hazard tampil sebagai top skorer sementara dengan enam gol di liga, yang membantu Chelsea kompetitif dalam persaingan gelar sejauh ini. Sementara City menempatkan Sergio Aguero (5 gol) dan Raheem Sterling (4 gol) dalam daftar pencetak gol.

Dari perjalanan musim sejauh ini, legenda MU Gary Neville mengantongi sejumlah nama pemain yang membuatnya terkesan. Dari Liverpool, James Milner dan Virgil van Dijk dinilainya sudah amat menonjol dan krusial dalam menjaga keseimbangan tim.

Sementara di MU, di tengah momen sulitnya, ada Luke Shaw dan David de Gea yang mengesankan. Khususnya Shaw, yang bangkit dari serangkaian cedera sejak musikm 2015/2016.

Hazard secara otomatis masuk ke daftar Neville dari skuat Chelsea dengan ketajamannya sejauh ini. Sementara David Silva dan Kevin de Bruyne disebutnya masih jadi motor utama City, kendati nama terakhir saat ini tengah cedera.

Tapi dari seluruh nama itu, Neville memilih Van Dijk sebagai yang paling impresif.

"Milner di Liverpool, sejauh ini luar biasa. Virgil van Dijk, luar biasa. Luke Shaw di Manchester United, saya sudah sangat bangga dengannya. Saya percaya penuh dengannya dan talentanya, dia cuma butuh gebrakan dalam hal jauh dari cedera-cedera," kata Neville dalam acara Sky Sports' Super 6.

"Eden Hazard adalah pemain yang menakjubkan. Dia mungkin yang terbaik di liga. Saya suka David Silva. De Bruyne brilian. De Gea sudah hadu salah satu pemain top selama beberapa tahun terakhir."

"Ini adalah tipe-tipe pemain yang paling mengesankan untuk saya. Tapi Van Dijk, saya khawatir, telah membuat saya terkesan lebih dari siapapun. Dia bek tengah yang benar-benar fantastis," tambahnya dilansir Mirror.
Old 30-10-2018, 09:28 AM   #589
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Is he worth fighting for? The fans are torn on him': Gary Neville admits he finds Anthony Martial an enigma and is still unsure if the Frenchman is a 'Manchester United player'

* Gary Neville is still unsure on Anthony Martial despite his recent performances
* He said: 'Some weeks he's brilliant, others I'm not sure he's a Man United player.'
* Martial's deal expires next year and Neville questioned is he worth fighting for?
* The ex-player believes Martial has huge potential but must make improvements
* The Frenchman is yet to convince Neville but urged United to persevere with him

Manchester United legend Gary Neville has admitted Anthony Martial is an enigma to him and has questioned whether the club should fight to keep hold of him.

The Frenchman, whose deal expires next summer, rejected United's latest enticement to commit his future to the club only last week, but is understood to be keen to strike an agreement.

Martial has been in and out of the United side under Jose Mourinho, but has been one of the standout performers in recent weeks with four goals from his last three Premier League games.

Neville is under no illusion that Martial is talented, but admitted he is yet to fully convince him and the United fans. 'I have watched Manchester United's last five games and three of them I have watched from the far side and have had an incredible view of him,' he told Sky Sports on Monday evening.

'I watched him very closely in the first half, and I was thinking about how I would play against him as a right-back and about his contract situation at Manchester United and what do they do? Do they fight for him, is he worth fighting for? The fans are torn on him, there has never been a player probably for the last 10 years at Manchester United that I have been confused by as much in terms of what is he?

'Normally when you look at a player, you think, what is he? Do I like him? Do I not like him? I can't make my mind up. Some weeks I think he's brilliant, other weeks I'm not sure he's a Manchester United player.

Gary Neville admitted he is unsure on Anthony Martial and if Man United should fight for him. The Frenchman has been a standout performer recently but is yet to fully convince the fans

'If you look at his whole career, you look at his time at Monaco, he's played a mountain of games for someone of such a young age. He is still a very, very young boy. In his record, there is nothing that has set the world alight, he's scored some goals but his ratio you certainly would not say are high enough to live with the modern day great wide players in Europe and the Premier League.'

However, while the former United defender believes Martial possesses the ability to 'make hard chances look very simple' and has pace and power, he pinpointed his lack of understanding off the ball as the principal problem holding him back.

Neville added: 'He 's got power and he's got pace and when he cuts inside he is a threat, he can hit the ball and he's positive. When he has the ball at his feet, he comes alive. He drives at people, he won the penalty on Sunday, he commits people and he's got something about him, but there are lots of things he has to improve.

'What drives me crazy about him, is his work off the ball. I'm not talking about his defending, I'm on about what does he do going forward. The best players I played against were better off the ball then they were on it sometimes, they would run behind you in between centre back and full back. But Martial doesn't get that, he doesn't get where to run, when to run and where to be at the right time.

The ex-United defender believes Martial should look to how Raheem Sterling has transformed. His contract expires next summer and Neville has urged United to persevere with him

'He hasn't got any timing in his off-the-ball runs. He very rarely makes that hurt run that damages people, it's a tough run to make but he just doesn't quite understand the game. He adds that to his game and he will get 20, 25 goals every season and he will become a great player.

'Look at Raheem Sterling, who I don't think has Martial's talent, and his transformation over the last 12 months and why he is scoring 18, 20 goals a season.

'The easiest thing for Martial to change is his running stats and how to make the right runs and it gives me a clear understanding now that Manchester United have to be patient with this boy, because actually if you change those things, you get him making those runs in between the centre back and full backs, he will get 20, 25 goals a season because he can finish.

'They have to invest in him and I'm sure they are, Jose Mourinho wants a team that is ready to win the league now and Martial isn't ready, but he can actually become a top player over the next two, three years, like Raheem Sterling has done. United have to persevere with him, however, he has got to improve on those things.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6330889/Gary-Neville-admits-finds-Anthony-Martial-enigma-unsure-Man-Utd-player.html
semoga performa United makin membaik biar hubungan Mou-Martial & Mou-Pogba makin membaik juga dan mereka (Martial, De Gea, dll) mengikuti jejak Shaw yg sudah memperpanjang kontrak
Old 17-12-2018, 12:09 AM   #590
Andi Istiabudi
manager

NEVILLE: BEATING LIVERPOOL IS THE SWEETEST VICTORY

Manchester United legend Gary Neville gives his personal insight into a rivalry which has stood the test of time and continues to endure…

“As a young United fan growing up at the time that I did, it was just a fact that you didn't like Liverpool Football Club. You didn’t want them to win a game, never mind a trophy, so fixtures between the two clubs are always special.

“That’s always been the way at all levels of the two clubs. When I joined United, it was bred into us even as kids: you don’t lose to Manchester City, you don’t lose to Liverpool. When we played against Liverpool in the A and B [youth] teams, Eric Harrison and Nobby Stiles left you in no doubt of the game’s importance. Brian Kidd would come down to watch, even Sir Alex Ferguson did when he could. Those fixtures were the ones that mattered to everyone.

”They always matter. Even when I was in the first team, if the young lads in the A team were playing Liverpool that morning, you’d see Sir Alex breaking away from the pre-match meal to call and find out the result, or Albert Morgan, the kitman, would tell him how the game had gone. If Albert told him: “The kids have beaten Liverpool,” there was that real satisfaction on the manager’s face.

“I suppose that’s something that typifies the era. You think of Sir Alex saying he was going to knock Liverpool off their perch; there was that venom on our side of things, that feeling that ‘this lot are never going to win a league while we’re here.’ We didn’t win every single game against them, of course, and there were games when they beat us, but that determination to prevail always ran through us. Every time we beat them, it was by far the sweetest victory you could taste.

”I think the dislike was equal. Playing against Robbie Fowler and other local lads in the Liverpool team, you could feel that mutual dislike. Every time I used to go over to a referee, Jamie Carragher would have to be there as well to equal it out.

“It went beyond the two clubs as well. If you think back to the Manchester City game at Old Trafford in 2004, when I clashed heads with Steve McManaman, I had him, Fowler and Joey Barton all around me, going mad at me. It ran through every single game that we played.

”If there was a Liverpool-born individual in the opposition team, it usually meant there would be a problem during the match! More often than not, there would be a flare-up. It didn’t even matter if they hadn’t played for Liverpool; it was a common theme. I never thought for one minute that I disliked them more than they disliked me. That’s what made it so compelling.

“It’s a rivalry that still means so much, even though the circumstances have changed since I first started supporting United. We still don’t want them to win. We still want them to lose every match… that’s just the nature of a football rivalry. For a United fan, the perfect weekend is United winning and Liverpool losing.

”They haven’t won the league for nearly 30 years, so a lot of fans now won’t know what that feels like. Let me tell you: those of us who grew up through Liverpool winning the league every single year, we can never forget that. We have to pass that down to future generations about how bad it was! It’s bad. It’s really bad!

“Growing up with them winning leagues and European Cups, it’s a tainted childhood! It’s painful. It’s that level of feeling that makes this fixture so special and so unique. It’s absolutely immense.

“Manchester and Liverpool are obviously two very proud cities. The rivalry is great and the games should always be fought fiercely, with passion, with endeavour, with everything that rides on it. Throughout the history of this fixture there have been cup finals and semi-finals, games that have virtually decided title races, but the feeling remains unchanged even when there aren’t trophies riding on the outcome.

”A Manchester United-Liverpool game can be fiery, ugly, passionate, hostile, but it can never be boring and the players on the pitch always have a responsibility to ensure that the games don’t pass without contention or incident. That’s not what this fixture is about.

“The very first thing that any Manchester United player should have explained to them when they join the club is that it’s unacceptable to lose to Liverpool, but also that there’s no feeling to rival beating them.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 109
Aba_MaczUnited, adesaktiTRK, adittelor, AdministratoR, agylbonez, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, annetapitt5084, Ardiey11, Ayunda, bangkit, bang_zak, benatbenat, binsar p sigalingging, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, cimbuang69, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, deni krosiawan, derajulio, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhanimrh10, dhanuanakilang, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, erin, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fey777, fikrirf, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hdhe16, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, HRHMU86, iamsetia, id4y, ing areese, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, J. A. Adji, jifortin, jojo poenya, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, Mahesa_Jenar, moehfar, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nobitanta, nu_reccayasha, oldark, Oom Panda, paiman, penk22_, Pure_red, Rean, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, revald, Richo Supit, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizluq, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, rooneyglory10, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, simamora16, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Van_Munandar, Vicario, Victory, victory II, wazzapoetra, wira_ozora, zeavhere, zizitchy, zudomiriku