United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 27-04-2018, 10:57 AM   #531
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Michael Carrick

Michael Carrick's huge impact on the Manchester United dressing room revealed

Man Utd midfielder Michael Carrick will join the coaching staff next season but he's already having a huge impact on the dressing room.

Michael Carrick has yet to officially start his role as Manchester United coach, but the midfielder is already having a huge impact on the dressing room.

Carrick has announced he plans to retire at the end of the season and is set for a place in Jose Mourinho's coaching staff next campaign. Despite there still being a number of games left, the former England international has already taken up his coaching position on the bench.

Paul Pogba explained after the Manchester derby victory how Carrick had been showing him videos which helped him with his two goals in the win against Pep Guardiola's side, and it's not just Pogba he's been helping.

Jesse Lingard explained how Carrick is a figurehead in the dressing room.

"He has been doing it (showing videos to help them) with a lot of players, Romelu (Lukaku) as well," he told Soccer AM.

"I think it’s good there’s someone in the dressing room we can go to for tips and advice, and he’s always there for the younger players as well."

And it's hardly surprising Lingard selected Carrick as the most likely in the current dressing room to become a manager.

He explained: "Michael Carrick I think, he’s already starting that next job now, so I think Michael. He is the most experienced one in the dressing room and I think he would be a good manager."

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #532
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Jose Mourinho pays tribute to Michael Carrick at Manchester United awards before handing him his coaching kit... and some pain killers: 'A big player is leaving but a big man is staying'

* Jose Mourinho says Michael Carrick leaving is 'one of the most difficult things'
* The Manchester United legend will take on a new coaching role in the summer
* Carrick was presented with his new kit in front of his Manchester United team

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United will be losing a 'big player' but keeping a 'big man' as he paid tribute to Michael Carrick at his final Manchester United Player of the Year awards ceremony.

The 36-year-old will bring an end to a glittering Old Trafford career at the end of the season, but will walk straight into a position in Mourinho's backroom staff and the Portuguese made sure he felt welcome.

In a touching speech, Mourinho presented Carrick with his new coaching kit, which included a whistle to order his former team-mates around and a packet of pain killers for when they don't listen.

Michael Carrick is presented with his new Manchester United coaching shirt on Tuesday

Jose Mourinho also gave the 36-year-old a whistle and some pain killers for his new career

Speaking at the event on Tuesday evening, Mourinho said: 'I have to admit that one of the most difficult things in my 18 years as a manager is when a big player is leaving - it is always very sad.

'So this time we try to do it in a way where I am not sad. A big player is leaving but a big man is staying.

'There is a space for him and we will welcome him with open arms but, before that, we still want Michael to play and then the next day give his boots to his kids.'

Carrick will have completed 12 campaigns at Manchester United by the time this season comes to an end and he could yet add a second FA Cup winner's medal to his five Premier League titles and one Champions League triumph.

Carrick poses with his Special Contribution award at Old Trafford on Tuesday evening. Mourinho said a 'big player is leaving but a big man is staying' in an emotional speech

He was presented with a 'Special Contribution' trophy at the awards ceremony, which also saw David de Gea win Player of the Year for a fourth time in five years.

Having become part of the furniture in the Old Trafford dressing room, Carrick admitted he was struggling to hold back the tears after hearing the touching tribute from his manager.

The player said: 'I don't know what to say after that. I said I wasn't going to get emotional but that caught me out.

'To the fans, I've turned into one of you now – I support this club home and away. We've got a great spirit. We need to keep that and we need to stick together.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5680409/Jose-Mourinho-pays-tribute-Michael-Carrick-Manchester-United-awards.html
Old 08-05-2018, 01:50 AM   #533
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

CARRICK: SIR ALEX MEANS A LOT TO ME

Manchester United captain Michael Carrick has paid a heartfelt tribute to his former manager Sir Alex Ferguson, following the news of his sudden illness which broke on Saturday night.

The legendary former Reds boss, who won an unprecedented 38 trophies during 26 successful years at Old Trafford before retiring in 2013, remains in intensive care after being admitted to hospital for emergency surgery after suffering a brain haemorrhage.

Carrick, who played under Sir Alex for seven years, said he was "devastated" to learn about his condition and, like everyone at the club, is hoping he will make a comfortable and speedy recovery.

“I was devastated,” the midfielder told MUTV, describing how he felt when he first heard of the shock news. “I got a text on Saturday evening and I couldn’t quite believe it. It didn’t really sink in. I was just devastated.

“It’s one of them where you start hearing different things which is quite dangerous and quite disturbing. I just stayed calm and spoke to a few people at the club to get a bit of a rundown on how he was doing.

“The whole world showed their support and I was just concerned about him, as an ex-manager and a friend – as he was to everyone. It was the effect he had on everyone. He means a lot to me, as he does to this club.

“It was a tough night on Saturday and we were waiting for some positive news. We were all praying for him and thinking of him, Cathy and the family. It’s a tough time for everyone but I’m thinking positive and hoping he will pull through.”

As well as being uppermost in the thoughts of our own players, past and present, Sir Alex has been the subject of many warm and touching comments from other clubs, governing bodies and individuals in the beautiful game.

“It just shows you the mark of the man and the respect he had,” added Carrick. “The whole football world is incredible but outside of that as well, from all corners of the globe and different walks of life, people have shown their support. That’s the effect he had on people.”

www.manutd.com
Old 14-05-2018, 06:19 AM   #534
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanks for everything, Carrick

RETIRING CARRICK'S ON-PITCH SPEECH

Michael Carrick made his 464th and, in all likelihood, final appearance for Manchester United in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Watford at Old Trafford.

After the victory in the Reds' last Premier League game of the season, secured by Marcus Rashford’s first-half goal, the players thanked the fans during their traditional lap of honour and captain Carrick addressed them in an on-pitch speech.

The midfielder, who will join Jose Mourinho’s coaching staff next term, said: "I'm going to keep this one brief as I got a lot of stick for speaking too much at my testimonial last year!

"On behalf of the players, all the staff, the manager and the coaching staff, we'd like to thank you for all your support again this year. We've had our ups and downs but we finished second and we thank you very much."

"And I’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone. Your support over the years, both here and away, has been absolutely unbelievable. I've got a lot of memories now to cherish and some I'll never forget, especially at this place. It's an amazing place to play football. It's the greatest club in the world and I thank you for your support over the last 12 years."

Carrick also paid tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson, who is recovering in hospital after undergoing surgery on a brain haemorrhage.

"It has been a tough week for everyone at the club," Carrick said. "A major part of this family is Sir Alex and he's had a tough week. He's probably watching somewhere or he'll hear about it and I'm sure he appreciates all the support you've given to him. All our thoughts and prayers go to Sir Alex and his family. We wish him a speedy recovery."

The 36-year-old, who was an unsurprising winner of our Man of the Match poll, with 89 per cent of the vote, ended his speech with a look to the future.

"My role changes this week and I need to thank Jose for giving me the opportunity", he said. "I look forward to working with him and learning from him.

"The only thing left now in the season is a trip to Wembley and we'll give everything we can next week to bring the FA Cup back here. Thank you very much."

www.manutd.com
Old 14-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #535
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'He is one of the very best': Michael Carrick excited to learn from Jose Mourinho as he addresses Old Trafford crowd after playing his last Premier League game for Manchester United

* Carrick played his last Premier League game for Manchester United on Sunday
* The 36-year-old is to retire and join Jose Mourinho's United coaching staff
* Carrick addressed the United supporters after their victory at Old Trafford
* The veteran midfielder expressed his excitement at working under Mourinho

Michael Carrick said he was looking forward to learning from 'one of the very best' in Jose Mourinho as he addressed Manchester United fans on the pitch after his final appearance at Old Trafford before retirement.

Carrick, 36, was handed the microphone after the final whistle of United's 1-0 win against Watford and spoke about his next role as part of Mourinho's coaching staff.

'I have to thank the manager an awful lot. It is an unbelievable opportunity for me,' said Carrick.

United captain Carrick bid farewell to his playing days at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon. Carrick was playing his final Premier League game in a Manchester United shirt

'I look forward to learning off him, he is one of the very best. I am sure he will teach me a few things and we will have some success in the near future, I am certain of that. We will give everything we can to bring the FA Cup back here next week.'

Carrick, who joined United from Spurs in 2006 and won 12 trophies including the 2008 Champions League, got a standing ovation from United fans as he was substituted in the 85th minute.

Carrick posted an image on Twitter of a signed shirt paying homage to his 464 appearances

'It's the greatest club in the world and I thank you for your support over the last 12 years,' he said in his speech. Even though he helped set up United's winner for Marcus Rashford, he quipped that his overall performance 'tells me the time is right (to retire).'

He also sent out best wishes to former manager Sir Alex Ferguson who is in hospital recovering from a brain haemorrhage. 'It has been a tough week for everyone. Sir Alex is a major part of our family.

'I am sure he is probably watching somewhere or will hear about it, and appreciates your support. All or thoughts and prayers go to Sir Alex and his family. We want to see him back here sometime soon.'

Carrick addressed the Old Trafford crowd after the game as he approaches retirement

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5724021/Michael-Carrick-excited-learn-Jose-Mourinho-league-game-Manchester-United.html
Old 15-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #536
Andi Istiabudi
manager

CARRICK: WE'RE IN A BETTER POSITION TO CHALLENGE

Retiring skipper Michael Carrick firmly believes Manchester United are in a much better position to challenge for the Premier League title now than 12 months ago.

The no.16 made his 464th and final appearance for the Reds on Sunday, playing his part in Marcus Rashford’s winning goal in the 1-0 victory over Watford at Old Trafford, before bidding an emotional farewell to the fans on the pitch afterwards.

United signed off the league campaign with a 25th win which took us beyond the 80-point mark – a total which has been enough to be crowned champions in seasons gone by – but the Reds were left to settle for second place as Manchester City became the first team in Premier League history to surpass 100 points in a single season.

Carrick will hang up his boots at the end of the campaign and become part of Jose Mourinho’s coaching staff next term. Speaking to MUTV after the final match of his illustrious playing career, he acknowledged the Reds have continued to make progress this term and winning trophies is just as important as competing for the title.

“[Finishing] second, as it is, is probably deserved and, in the last few years, we have made progress,” Michael said.

“As much as we want to win the league and we are desperate to win the league, we are in a better place than what we were last year. That is for sure.

“We want to win next week [against Chelsea in the Emirates FA Cup final] to finish the season in a high. I have said it for the last few years, we have still been taking trophies when we haven’t necessarily been a contender in the league. It is important to keep that winning feeling, we need to do that next week.”

www.manutd.com
Old 15-05-2018, 12:10 PM   #537
Andi Istiabudi
manager

OPINION: CARRICK WAS CAPTAIN SENSIBLE
Report by Stuart Mathieson

Michael Carrick was not just a calming influence on the pitch. The midfielder was also a level-headed, even-handed figure off it and he often stepped up to the plate when the media craved post-match analysis from inside the Manchester United camp. When the squad needed a rational spokesman, he was a go-to guy.

I had the pleasure of speaking to the midfielder numerous times during his 12 years of wearing the famous red shirt, dating back to his transfer from Tottenham in 2006. We met for insightful one-to-one interviews and many post-match conversations with other journalists in stadiums around England, around Europe and indeed around the globe.

Whether we conversed on magic nights like Moscow in 2008, or on bleak evenings such as Midtjylland away in 2016, Carrick treated triumph and disaster in that same sensible sober way he played. You didn’t get outrageous, triumphant tub-thumping from the Geordie in joyous moments. Nor did you get the headline-hitting, scathing summaries in the wake of a defeat. He brought serenity to both positive and negative outcomes, high points and low spots.

We therefore knew what to expect, then, when he emerged from the dressing room following the Watford match to conduct a round of farewell interviews.

By the time he had reached the area where the written press were stood, you’d have thought he might have been all talked out after speaking to TV and radio reporters. But he still stopped for nearly 10 minutes to do his duty one final time.

So what was his mindset after playing his final game? Privately, there may soon be a time for emotional reflection but publicly, and fittingly for the man who played the match's decisive forward pass, he has adopted the tactic of looking to the future.

"I'm not sad about it [retiring as a player]. I've got other things to do and I focused on that before today," he said. "The game against Watford was the final chance to cut the cloth clean. Because I've got things to focus on, I'm more excited about the future than I am sad about looking back and thinking that it's over.”

As he moves permanently into a role on manager Jose Mourinho’s backroom team, will he have a say in his replacement on the pitch?

“We will have to wait and see!” he answered. "I'm there to give my opinion but I don't have the final say at all. That's part of being on the staff, to work with the manager, to try to get what's best for the club, and support him in the best way I can. That will evolve and when he wants my opinion I'm there to give it.

"But I don't like the word 'replace' because you've got to evolve as a team. We've lost big players in the past. Huge players, bigger than me and the club has moved on and still been successful. I'm sure that will be the case again. I had the issue when I signed and it was all about Roy Keane, but I was never going to replace Roy Keane because it's not how I am. You've just got to evolve and find a way. There will be other players. There will be players here who will improve and progress and if anyone gets brought in, whoever gets brought in, the club will move on."

Carrick says his new job on Mourinho’s coaching team will be a work in progress. "It's going to evolve. It's about getting used to the role. Being here over time, over the next season, I will see what works and how we work best. It's what about works best," said Michael.

"I've obviously done a bit of coaching but it's with the younger age groups. I've done video work with some of the boys already. It's just getting the balance really."

United's current no.16 plans to badger a few of his old colleagues, like Ryan Giggs – who was Louis van Gaal’s assistant – to pick up knowledge of being a backroom staff member. He has already had some conversations.

"I think it is important to do that. It's a no-brainer to try to pick people's brains to try to learn as much as I can. I will certainly be doing that," he said. "I'll just try to speak to as many people as I can – be a nuisance, be a pest. I'm just trying to learn, learn all the time from the manager, the coaches and other players.”

So is there a potential future manager in Michael Carrick?

"You've got to go step by step," he acknowledges. "I'm not getting carried away here. Just because I was a half-decent player it doesn't guarantee I'm going to be a success in whatever I do. I'm well aware of that. I'm not getting ahead of myself. Probably at this stage, my answer to your question would be 'yes'. But I don't want to be throwing quotes out there saying I want to be a manager!”

Carrick admitted that a break from the game had been among his options at one stage.

"A couple of years ago I thought maybe it would be a good thing to spend more time with the family but you never know what is going to be around the corner," he said.

"It's all about timing and opportunities. As soon as this came up [a coaching role under Mourinho] I didn't think twice. He is one of the best. He's been around for many years. And I've been at this great club as a player so I know the club. I know the manager and the backroom staff. It all fits and hopefully it still fits in a couple of years' time."

Carrick also considered the TV punditry route. “I thought about it but, again, it's about opportunities. The more I've worked towards my coaching badges, the more I've been coaching and the closer I have come to the end, I have naturally started thinking mostly about the coaching side. I've just taken that pathway.”

He added: “It's funny how things work out. It's quite laid-back at times, I just go with the flow. My career has been a little bit like that. I've never really forced it and chased things. I've been patient and I'll try to be the same as a coach.”

With that it was handshakes all round and the voice of reason headed off into the next chapter of his career. Good luck, Michael Carrick.

www.manutd.com
Old 20-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #538
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Ternyata Michael Carrick tengah menikmati masa awal pensiunnya sebagai pemain bola dengan berlibur di Yunani bersama istrinya. Semoga sepulangnya dari liburan langsung bergabung dengan jajaran staf kepelatihan United

Old 05-09-2018, 02:24 AM   #539
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Btw, threadnya kok masih di thread Player belum dipindah yach ? Hehehe..

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CARRICK'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Manchester United legend Michael Carrick is set to release his autobiography on 28 October.

Entitled ‘Between The Lines’, in association with Bonnier Books UK, the club legend invites readers to experience the camaraderie and desire to succeed inside the Old Trafford dressing room.

Carrick will also provide an insight into how it feels to walk out onto the pitch alongside some of the biggest names in modern football, from Paul Scholes to Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Pogba.

All of the book’s profits will be donated to the Michael Carrick Foundation, which was set up in 2017 and provides financial support to community services that give underprivileged children living in the North and North East better opportunities.

“This is a story of my life,” says Carrick, who is now among Jose Mourinho’s coaching staff at Old Trafford. “From growing up in Wallsend, dreaming of becoming a footballer, and going on to win the Champions League with Manchester United and play for England in the World Cup. I played for some of the greatest managers, as well as with and against the best footballers in the world.

“I experienced extremes in emotions, some amazing moments and some very dark periods. I dealt with the challenge of finding a balance between the huge pressure of having to perform at the very highest level in the public eye with the day-to-day responsibilities of being a husband and simply daddy. Now my playing days are over, it’s time to share my story, the real story.”

www.manutd.com
Old 05-09-2018, 02:25 AM   #540
Andi Istiabudi
manager

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 179
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, adesaktiTRK, adib, aGhaa, agylbonez, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, andhikaaw, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andy kurniawan, anenk_garcia, an_setanmerah, Ardiey11, arief rachman, arik_, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, ayahocta, Ayunda, B4YU, badehul, bang_zak, bhowz, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bucay deathbat, Bulma, caesar, chincarito, Cibet22, cimbuang69, cintaoven, czr, Deddy Hernandez, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, Dino De Gea, doddlez, dr_ifan, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eross tanto, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fahlevysred, Fajar_, fajar_lazuardi, fajrinited, Febri Angga, FebryNB, ferly_Liemz, fey777, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Ganda_aja, gery27, ghopoereds, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, iamsetia, id4y, ilyasprawibawa, ing areese, irfi_1, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, jojo poenya, just.fluke, kahfi, kaiki, kingherooney, King_Cantona, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, larukuga, leonite, littlebig, MadeForGlory, Mahesa_Jenar, matthewsamad, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, MuhFher, mu_ciroyom, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nobitanta, Noe26, normansyahrizal, ocki_26, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, om tato, penk22_, prahmono, pukimax, Pure_red, pweechevalier, red, redit, Redsbusby, Ridho_Idham, rifkycyber, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, ronysnaja, sepatu_ancur, seventh.heaven, sidictheninetythree, simamora16, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, sudrab, tamiCarrick, tasho, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Unitediction, unreal, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, victory II, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, wakhid ronaldo, waynehanks, wazza_ampuh, william metta, wira_ozora, YANGWAN, Yayat Dg Kulle, yudistira, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku