United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 09-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #91
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dwight Yorke

Dwight Yorke claims Manchester United's attack is as STRONG as Liverpool and Manchester City's following the arrival of Edinson Cavani and expects veteran Uruguayan to have similar impact as Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Old Trafford

* Edinson Cavani joined Manchester United on transfer deadline day on a free
* The Uruguayan signed a two-year deal after leaving Paris Saint-Germain in July
* The 33-year-old has followed in the footsteps of Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic
* And former United striker Dwight Yorke believes Cavani can have a similar role

Dwight Yorke believes Edinson Cavani's arrival at Manchester United will make their forward line as strong as rivals Liverpool and Manchester City's.

The veteran Uruguay striker joined United on a two-year deal on transfer deadline day after leaving Paris Saint-Germain in July as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scrambled around the market to make additions.

The move saw the 33-year-old follow in the footsteps of Zlatan Ibrahimovic in leaving the Ligue 1 champions for Old Trafford, with the latter scoring 29 goals in 53 appearances and winning the League Cup and Europa League at United.

And former United striker Yorke believes Cavani can prove to be as successful in Manchester as the enigmatic Swede and help United join 'the very best' teams as a threat up front.

United's front line options are now comprised of Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Daniel James and Cavani.

'We all kind of link him with Zlatan due to what he's going to bring and the guidance he can give the younger players, but I feel from an attacking point of view, I'm not worried,' Yorke told Sky Sports.

'I feel like we are up there with the very best - obviously Liverpool and City, now you look at Tottenham's front three and they're a threat.

'I think our front three, and probably a front four now with Cavani, can be up there with the very best on any given day. It's a good bit of business for what we need in this present moment of time.'

Liverpool's famed front three is made up of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino, with the likes of Diogo Jota, Divock Origi, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Xherdan Shaqiri and Takumi Minamino available from the bench.

City, meanwhile, boast an interchangeable line-up of Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Riyad Mahrez, Phil Foden, Bernardo Silva and Kevin De Bruyne for their front three positions.

Tottenham, who Yorke also praised, have Harry Kane, Son Heung-min and now Gareth Bale as an attacking trident, with Lucas Moura, Erik Lamela and Steven Bergwijn as back-up.

Dwight Yorke believes Edinson Cavani makes Man United's attack as strong as Liverpool's. The veteran Uruguay striker joined United after leaving Paris Saint-Germain in the summer

While United managed to land Cavani their pursuit of No 1 target Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund was less successful.

The Old Trafford side failed to meet the Bundesliga outfit's £108million valuation of the 20-year-old England star, but despite that failure Yorke says the Red Devils can have no complaints about their options in the final third.

'What has happened here is that the manager has got a choice,' the 1999 treble winner added.

'I don't think that's been an issue in terms of attacking players that are creative.

'Certainly at the back of last season, where we were 14 games unbeaten, we probably scored four goals every game on average, so the record throughout the front three has been very impressive.

Cavani is following in the footsteps of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who spent two years at United

'As far as I'm concerned, Ole has got that part of it totally right.

'I expected those players to kick on, of course. Cavani coming in is always going to add more competition for the players, which is probably needed.'

United have had a disappointing start to the Premier League campaign and hit a new low last time out as they suffered a humbling 6-1 defeat at the hands of former boss Jose Mourinho and Tottenham.

The club will be looking to bounce back when they visit Newcastle a week on Saturday, however they are seeking further clarification as to whether Cavani can make his debut at St James' Park.

Currently, due to not being in an elite athletes' bubble and living among the general public, the Uruguayan has to quarantine for two weeks - meaning he would miss United's next Premier League clash.

However, reports claim United are investigating whether the regulation can be bypassed somehow.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8818567/Yorke-claims-Man-Uniteds-attack-STRONG-Liverpool-Man-Citys-following-Cavanis-arrival.html
Old 24-10-2021, 06:55 AM   #92
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Membaca interview Yorke ini membuat saya bersyukur pernah berkesempatan bertemu Viv Anderson, pemain United yang menjadi pemain kulit hitam pertama yang memperkuat timnas Inggris..

YORKE: WHY BLACK HISTORY MONTH IS SO IMPORTANT

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke has spoken passionately about Black History Month and the need for all football fans to celebrate those who are helping to create a better future.

The Trinidad & Tobago icon has a unique story to tell, after moving to England in 1989 and becoming a Premier League star with Aston Villa before making history as a Treble winner at Old Trafford. That journey was not without its challenges, however, as Yorke explains in our hard-hitting Q&A.

Dwight also discusses the scourge of racism on social media in the modern game, how players like Marcus Rashford are paving the way for generations to come, and the importance of our All Red All Equal campaign.

We hope you enjoy the interview, on a weekend when United and the Premier League will be working together to promote the national ‘No Room for Racism’ campaign.

In your eyes, Dwight, how important is Black History Month in both society and football?
“Well, it is very important. I think what you have got to conclude is there's a reason why it is called Black History Month, because of what happened in the past. You can’t turn your nose up at what black history represents and, often enough, you listen to the young players and they understand a little bit more about what the previous ancestors had to go through, for us to get to the level we are to this day. It has not been easy and, for me, that is very important, not just for me but also the other black players that are involved in the game. Where the game is today, we should be very grateful for the generation before us and the generation before that, so the players today could get a much easier path to achieving their goals in a more equal and just respect.”

Role models are so important for inspiring the next generation, so can you tell us who yours were when growing up in Trinidad and Tobago?
“I looked at John Barnes because of the Caribbean heritage that he has, and he was somebody that I looked up to when I came into the country at first. And I think that is important when you can identify somebody who has your background and representation. You can relate to that person and that is why we continue to fight for equality. I think that is important, when you see somebody in those positions, it does inspire you to achieve that and that's exactly what happened for me with John Barnes.”

How would you describe the impact that you and your friend Brian Lara had on both sport and society throughout your legendary careers?
“I think it is great. We are two young men from a very small country of Trinidad and Tobago, trying to live the dream and being not quite sure how we were going to get there. I know West Indies cricket has certainly been in a more advanced stage in terms of what the West Indies did over the years, in the 1970s and 1980s, being the no.1 team in the world, travelling to England and Australia, and dominating those eras. So cricket had a part but it was still very difficult, so Brian Lara coming through from our country and doing what he did over the years really installed the future of the West Indies cricket, and gave the younger players the hope to follow in his footsteps. Where I am concerned, it is pretty much the same but slightly different, because nobody from the Caribbean has gone out to England or Europe and made it to a level that I managed to achieve over the years, so that in itself is a story. We know how football is the most global sport in the world and kids coming from lesser backgrounds, including myself, have an opportunity to open the gates. It is much more transparent to get to this level now.”

You moved to England in 1989 after Aston Villa manager Graham Taylor discovered you in the West Indies: how challenging was that move for a young Caribbean athlete?
“Well it was huge. Just think for a moment, a young boy leaves the Caribbean shores for somebody 5,000 miles away, on his own, with no members of his family, living here in England, having to adjust to the weather, the food, the culture, the people, pretty much turning up with no clothes, [because] we didn't have winter clothes at home. So it was very challenging and I was very isolated, but self-motivated at the same time, knowing it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to make a difference, not just for myself and my family, but for the younger generation ahead. I was prepared to go all-out and move all mountains to get there. The challenge was very, very difficult but I was determined to do that and the rest is pretty much history.”

What was it like for a black player during the 1990s when you became a Premier League star?

“Challenging. I have been around a long time in many respects and having people like Cyrille Regis, Tony Daley, John Fashanu, some of the legendary names in the game and having played under these guys, and seeing the challenges they spoke about, and what they had to go through, I was still very much on a learning curve. They had experienced it before and I hadn't seen it. When you speak to these guys, you can tell why black history is very important, so you can learn about the challenges previous players went through. So I was around very experienced people who had witnessed racism and the challenges of being a black player, and having to make it at the top, having what it takes and how to stay motivated. So for me I was very lucky at that time. I had people ahead of me who were very instrumental and made sure I walked the right path.”

Racism is still a problem in certain stadiums and we also see it on social media. How would you have reacted to some of the disgraceful abuse that some of our young stars get?
“First, it is unacceptable but unfortunately we are in the 21st century where social media plays a huge part in bringing out these people who hide behind a platform to have a go at the black players. I want to say football has made a great deal of progress over the years, compared to the last decade or two, but unfortunately we have still got racism on social media and it is very challenging. I can see that, but nevertheless there should be stiffer sanctions on these individuals to make sure we eradicate them from our sport and society.”

What can you say about somebody like Marcus Rashford, who is setting an incredible example as a young black athlete both on and off the pitch?
“I think that is important. It is no good that we are talking about it and not setting an example. What Rashford has done is to set an example on and off the pitch. He is a shining example for everyone and he is what we call the future of the black society, in terms of representation. He has got the platform, playing for the biggest football club and representing England, doing his charity work at the same time. It is incredible work and he should be acknowledged for what he has done. And I hope he continues in the same vein and performing at such a high, consistent level. My hat is off to him and hopefully he continues the good work.”

You have spoken out in recent years about the lack of black coaches and managers within English football, which appears to be a problem. How does football tackle that issue?
“Again, we talk about the divide in football, the inequality and injustice, I don't think anyone could argue the point why black players and black managers have not been given the chance. The evidence is there for everyone to see. We have spoken about it in great depth but we still haven't seen the transparency that we would like to see, in terms of the black managers getting an opportunity to manage at a very high level. The Premier League is an example, although we have just seen Patrick Vieira being given that role at Crystal Palace. But you look throughout the rest of the world in football, there aren't any black managers at any high level and that has to be addressed. That is a problem. We talked about people being in these positions, I talked about John Barnes and how I was able to identify with him, it is the same when it comes to football management. Managers should be given an equal opportunity, provided you have got your communications and you can do the job at such a level. That is something that needs to be seriously addressed.”

Finally, the club’s All Red All Equal campaign encourages supporters to report all racist abuse that they see on social media, which is an important message to spread, right?
“Well, All Red All Equal is a very powerful statement because that is telling every individual out there that we are all equal. It doesn't matter what colour you are and United has always been the benchmark of setting an example. It is a powerful statement and one that everyone should represent. You should not be judged by the colour of your skin, that is the message of All Red All Equal, and I am glad to be a part of it as well.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 10:02 AM   #93
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight Yorke insists Man United boss Erik ten Hag needs to perform 'MAJOR surgery' on his new squad because they are 'nowhere near' Liverpool and Man City - as former star prepares for coaching bow with A-League side Macarthur Bulls

* Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke is ready to coach fulltime in A-League
* Yorke, 50, will take over as boss of Macarthur Bulls next season from Ante Milicic
* Former striker will also coach A-League All Stars in a friendly against Barcelona
* Believes Red Devils need 'major surgery' before again competing for EPL title

Scoring goals for Manchester United made him a global superstar - and now Dwight Yorke is ready to dip his toe into coaching.

The former prolific striker, who was a crucial figure when the Red Devils won their historic treble in the 1998/99 season, has turned his attention to barking instructions from the sideline.

And in typical Yorke style, his first assignment is daunting to say the least - FC Barcelona.

Now 50, the man equally famous for his exploits off the pitch, will coach the A-League All Stars when they face the Catalan giants in a friendly at Sydney's Accor Stadium on Wednesday night.

Speaking exclusively to Daily Mail Australia, Yorke revealed he is looking forward to the challenge rather than feeling intimidated.

'I don't do things small,' he said with his trademark wry smile. 'It is a wonderful opportunity and one I am very grateful for.

Former Red Devils superstar Dwight Yorke will coach the A-League All Stars against Barcelona. Yorke, 50, will then take over from Ante Milicic as head coach of the Macarthur Bulls in the A-League next season. Yorke was prolific in the final third for Manchester United, scoring 48 goals in 96 appearances

'What a fantastic opportunity for our guys, to line up against one of the world's best teams.'

And despite a very short preparation, the Sydney FC marquee for the inaugural season in the A-League back in 2005 expects his hastily assembled home grown players to be competitive.

'They are all professional footballers, and playing in front of a big crowd, they will be ready to go,' he said.

'Sure the circumstances are a little unusual, but it gives the lads a chance to show their fighting spirit.'

Yorke will then take over from Ante Milicic as head coach of the Macarthur Bulls in the A-League next season - and he is already buzzing about the next chapter of his life.

In what will be his first senior coaching gig, the Trinidad and Tobago football icon wants to repay the faith the club has shown in him.

'Macarthur feel I can give them a platform to improve,' he said.

'It will be a challenge, but certainty do-able. We are not one of the top 4 teams in the country at the moment, and that is where I want the club to be.

Dwight Yorke will coach the A-League All Stars featuring Jason Davidson (left) and Jack Rodwell. Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke has been named as the manager of Australian side Macarthur FC for next season

'Working closely with the players each day will be great, but I need to remind myself I can't score that killer goal or deliver a pass that can change a game from the sideline.

'What I can do is create a style of play the lads buy into...if I am successful at Macarthur, who knows what the future will bring? But starting well will be crucial.'

After playing finals in their inaugural A-League campaign in 2020-21, the Bulls missed out on the play-offs this year after they finished seventh.

Their current squad includes former EPL players Jordon Mutch and Craig Noone.

In terms of his beloved Manchester United, who finished sixth this season in the Premier League, Yorke believes incoming coach Erik ten Hag must perform 'major surgery' to get them back to the top.

The 50-year-old spent a year in Australia as a player, when he signed for Sydney FC in 2005. The former Manchester United star says Erik ten Hag needs to do 'major surgery' on his squad. United finished sixth this year and Yorke says the team is 'nowhere near' where it needs to be

Yorke, who won three Premier League titles, the Champions League and the FA Cup with United, spent the last fortnight around Old Trafford and saw for himself what needs to change.

'We (Man Utd) are nowhere near where we are supposed to be, especially with the players that we have in the squad at the moment,' he said.

'I spent the last two weeks there and had some more insight into looking where the club is and why we are in that position.

'He (Ten Hag) has got some major surgery to repair there, there's work that needs to be done.'

United finished a whopping 35 points behind champions Manchester City, who pipped Liverpool to the title by a point, with the Red Devils registering their lowest-ever points tally in a campaign to forget.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10848241/Dwight-Yorke-ready-coaching-predicts-testing-times-new-Man-Utd-manager-Erik-ten-Hag.html
Old 27-05-2022, 02:38 AM   #94
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Kalau Dwight Yorke resmi jadi pelatih klub Australia ini yaa paling tidak jika nantinya ada duta Manchester United yang datang ke Indonesia bukan dia lagi hehe.. Entah sudah seberapa sering Dwight Yorke mengunjungi Indonesia dalam beberapa tahun terakhir. Semoga karir melatihnya di Macarthur FC sukses
Old 15-10-2022, 11:27 AM   #95
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United legend and A-League mentor Dwight Yorke slams the 'disturbing' lack of black coaches in football: 'It's because of skin colour…what else could it be?'

* Dwight Yorke feels football is casually racist, based on his lack of opportunities
* Manchester United legend adamant if he was white, more doors would open
* Yorke, 50, manages Macarthur in the A-League, already won Australia Cup
* Also believes the 'Dwight All Night' party-boy tag hasn't helped his cause
* Would like to manage in Europe's top leagues, will earn his stripes in A-League

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke is convinced the colour of his skin has stalled his progression as a football manager.

Now overseeing an attacking galaxy of stars in the A-League with Macarthur FC, the 50-year-old pointed to initially being overlooked for coaching roles in England not long after hanging up his playing boots.

Yorke was shunned at Aston Villa - where he played in the Premier League for almost a decade - as well as at Sunderland, where he was on the team sheet from 2006 to 2009.

'It's not rocket science,' he said. 'Let's just call it for what it is.'

As a result, Yorke has set out to buck the trend when it comes to his senior managerial staff at the Bulls.

His senior assistants are Russell Latapy - his old Trinidad and Tobago teammate - and James Meredith, the former Socceroo of Jamaican heritage.

Yorke also pointed to leagues in Spain, Italy and Germany, where black managers are virtually non-existent.

Former champion Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira is in charge of Crystal Palace in the EPL, but Yorke wants to see far more black managers given opportunities from the dug out.

'You can't tell me there is not a reason behind it when everybody else has been given a chance, guys of very little experience. I've got my qualifications,' he told the Sydney Morning Herald.

'We've done everything that everyone else has done. And (white) people (often) get three, four jobs before we even get one. So where is the fairness in that?

'I do believe that if I was maybe a different colour, then the transition into management would have been much easier. I've been fortunate to get in, but there's so many other people that haven't even come close.'

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke is convinced the colour of his skin has stalled his progression as a football manager (pictured, as manager of A-League side Macarthur FC). Yorke also rolls his eyes that his supposed party lifestyle hasn't helped his cause

Yorke, who won the UEFA Champions League with the Red Devils in 1999, also rolls his eyes that his supposed party lifestyle hasn't helped his cause.

He points out he doesn't take drugs, has never been in prison or missed training sessions in his playing days.

'I had a good time when I go out, that's for sure. But it's all within reason,' he said.

'The 'Dwight All Night' perception...it is just an awful stigma and hasn't helped with prejudices.'

Yorke wasn't finished yet, pointing to the off-field conduct of Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney.

The retired striker recently released a documentary on his life to date, where he detailed his alcohol demons and penchant for prostitutes.

Yet the phone doesn't stop ringing, with Rooney the current head coach of D.C United in the US.

Yorke is humbled Macarthur gave him an opportunity, and doesn't hide his ambition.

Having already collected silverware after winning the Australia Cup, he knows more trophies in the A-League will act as a springboard for Europe.

He wants to be exceptional and defy the odds - and if Yorke's desire to be elite rubs off on his squad, the sky is the limit.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11317575/Manchester-United-legend-League-mentor-Dwight-Yorke-slams-lack-black-coaches-football.html
Old 28-10-2022, 10:00 AM   #96
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Sir Alex Ferguson pays a surprise visit to Dwight Yorke's A-League side Macarthur on Thursday during a trip to the races Down Under
Old 29-12-2022, 09:50 PM   #97
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Dwight Yorke interview: Nobody helped me become a manager – except Fergie

From his new home in Western Sydney, Manchester United's treble winner reflects on the difficulties he faced getting into management

Ten thousand miles away from where they shared a moment of sporting immortality, Sir Alex Ferguson and Dwight Yorke were reunited in October. Yorke, Manchester United’s leading scorer during the treble-winning campaign in 1999, enlisted Ferguson’s advice about his own managerial journey, which has begun with Macarthur FC in Australia’s A-League.

“My relationship with him has been unbelievable,” Yorke says. “He's always been on hand. I’ve tried to get a couple of jobs before with his recommendations and talked to him about various things. So I’ve always been close to the gaffer.”

We meet at Macarthur’s training ground in Western Sydney the day after he has turned 51. Yorke - wearing a white tracksuit and a club cap engraved with his initials - could still pass for a professional footballer.

Yet, despite Ferguson’s assistance, it took Yorke 13 years after the end of his playing career to get his first job in management. He was appointed by Macarthur in July; within five games, Yorke had won his first trophy, lifting the Australia Cup.

While completing his coaching badges and waiting for his break, “there have been some low moments,” Yorke reflects. He applied for jobs with Sunderland and Aston Villa, two of his old clubs. Sunderland did not even deign to tell him that he had been overlooked.

“You don’t get any call, you just get blanked,” Yorke recalls. “There was no feedback. And this is what was disappointing - because if you had been given a call then you can say, ‘what do you need - more experience?’

“They could have said ‘listen, you don't have the experience and this but we feel like if this is something that you are serious about, we can try and get you in at some level at the club.’ There wasn’t anything.”

When John Terry left as Aston Villa assistant manager last year, Yorke applied for the job as Dean Smith’s number two. “You think that will suit someone like me because of what I've done for the club and where I've gone in my career since then. Actually, Dean Smith did talk to me, I have to say - he said he was going the other way, so that was fine. There was no real explanation but that’s a personal decision.

“I’m sure that if you do a survey in the Villa rankings, I’m right up there with the very best of the Villa players. So it’s kind of hard to take when you think that you’ve done so much for a football club and you don’t seem to get even a look-in - even a glimpse of a look-in. Even if it’s a token gesture. I think for me that was the disappointment.” But Yorke never countenanced giving up.

“I have this self-belief and I have a vision in my head as to how I see things and perseverance, you got to believe - perseverance that you get needed. Just that little break. We all need a little bit of luck, a little bit of a break.”

Yorke does not see his story in isolation. Fourteen of United’s 1999 treble winners got jobs as managers before him. Until his appointment with MacArthur, the squad’s three black players - Yorke, Andy Cole, and Wes Brown - had not got an opportunity in management.

“You feel sometimes the game owes you something - but the game doesn’t really owe you anything. So you get that out your head. But then also I look at it from a different angle. The people that I played with at Man United, a successful team, there has been 14 of them that have been given jobs.

Observing Yorke on the training ground, he leaves his assistants to run the sessions - much as Ferguson used to. Instead, Yorke speaks rarely but directly. Macarthur’s last season was decimated by Covid-19; Yorke has aimed to create a fun, relaxed environment, focusing on empowering players.

One of the few times that he has shouted at players, an insider reports, is during training when players were being over-elaborate near the opponent’s goal, rather than shoot themselves: “I will never criticise you for having a go,” Yorke exclaimed.

This has always been Yorke’s mantra: first in his rise from Trinidad & Tobago to the Premier League; and now in his attempts to navigate a career in management.

“It just spurs you on because you want to defy the odds. And it's always been the case as a player. I was always having to defy the odds because people just said you’re never gonna make it - you come from the Caribbean.

“But here we are - I'm now a manager here and that’s all that matters. I’ve got to try and go from here.”

“You've got to ask yourself the question right? Without even knowing - but then you go to the stats to try and back up what you try not to think about. And then it shows up in black and white and you think ‘oh, well there you go’. Well, that must be some reason when you think 14 guys you played alongside and they all been given relatively straight passages into management. You kind of felt like you have been hard done by. And you don't want to think that - because I’ve never really had to think that. But you can’t help but think that black players or players of colour don’t get the opportunity.”

In the big five European leagues today, only two managers - Crystal Palace’s Patrick Vieira and Nantes’ Antoine Kombouare - are black. Research by the Black Footballers Partnership found that 43 per cent of Premier League players last year were black, yet black people only receive 4 per cent of managerial positions that go to former players.

“This is not about me. This is a fact,” Yorke reflects. The underlying issue, he believes, is unconscious bias, with black people lauded for their physical attributes, not their cognitive ones.

“The people who are making these decisions to give people jobs, we are obviously an asset to them on the football pitch and we are great in that aspect of it. And they’re saying that you’re not great in terms of being competent to run an organisation - whether you’re disciplined or you're lacking something. You’re just trying to put your head around it but yeah, it’s not just in our sport is it? It’s kind of everywhere, isn’t it, in everyday life? I can only speak on our jobs that we applied and what we know about but we know that it’s been an issue throughout society.”

The difficulties of black people getting jobs in management put Cole, Yorke’s strike partner during the treble-winning season, off trying to become a manager.

“He hasn’t done his coaching badges because he simply thinks it’s a waste of time in terms of getting a job," Yorke says. "He refused to do it because he just doesn't think he would get a job in football.

“He wasn’t very encouraging at the beginning when I did my licence and pro licence because he said well, you’re just wasting your time because of the challenge of black players getting in. But ever since he’s been supportive and he has actually commented on the perseverance and the endeavour that I had to show to get to where I’m at even now even at this early stage.”

In Sydney, club and manager alike are both at the start of their journeys: Macarthur were only founded five in 2017.

www.telegraph.co.uk
Old 24-01-2023, 08:45 AM   #98
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dwight Yorke leaves Macarthur FC after just THIRTEEN games... but he could stay in Australia with A-League rivals Sydney FC 'lining up swoop for Man United legend'

* Dwight Yorke has been sacked by Macarthur FC after just thirteen games

Dwight Yorke's stint as an Macarthur FC coach is over after he parted ways with the club, just 13 A-League Men games into a two-year contract.

Yorke's last game in charge was Friday's 1-0 loss away to Adelaide United.

The former Manchester United forward held a meeting with Macarthur chairman Gino Marra on Saturday where it was decided they would agree to mutually terminate his contract.

The Macarthur job was Yorke's first foray into management after a glittering playing career. He had achieved his coaching badges at United, where Sir Alex Ferguson was a mentor for him.

He won the Australia Cup - the Bulls' first piece of silverware - and picked up five wins in the league.

However, Yorke could stick around in Australia, with A-League strugglers Sydney FC lining up a swoop for the 51-year-old.

Dwight Yorke has left his position as Macarthur FC coach after just 13 games in charge. Yorke agreed to mutually part ways following the club's defeat by Adelaide United. He could return to former club Sydney FC, who have had a torrid start to the season

Sydney sacked Steve Corica after a disappointing start to the season and that has opened the door for Yorke, who played for the club in the inaugural A-League season in 2005.

The five-time champions are under increasing pressure after their slow start followed a terrible 2021-22 campaign, in which they failed to reach the finals.

Macarthur's statement conceded that Yorke would like 'to pursue other opportunities', further strengthening speculation that he could return to his old club.

'I want to thank the chairman Gino Marra, CEO Sam Krslovic, all the ownership group as well as all the staff, fans of Macarthur FC,' Yorke said on his departure.

'I leave the football club with a great team that will continue to challenge for more silverware'.

Assistant coach Russell Latapy has also left the club, with Macarthur now searching for their third manager in the space of a year after Yorke was brought in to replace Ante Milicic.

Yorke's glittering playing resume - which included a stint at Sydney FC in the A-League's maiden season - created greater intrigue in a competition and club which has struggled to command attention.

He was recommended to the club by former Aston Villa teammate Mark Bosnich, who is close with Macarthur's hierarchy.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11660835/Man-United-legend-Dwight-Yorke-leaves-Macarthur-FC-just-THIRTEEN-games.html?ico=related-replace

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 43
alfiandrmwn, and1, Andi Istiabudi, Aso Chrisjefta, Blacklist7, cie_1, cimbuang69, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, fadilbedil, farhaanongehhMUFC, fey777, frengkysme182, iamsetia, irfan_mancunianred, jifortin, jonajoni, mirzasyah, MUFC1878, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nickz09, oldark, penk22_, Raihan_UKI27, rio vander vidic, Riskur, RyanRezha, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, stamansa, tietocinex, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku