United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 05-08-2020, 01:22 AM   #71
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Fred

FRED: THIS SEASON HAS MADE US STRONGER

Fred believes he and his Manchester United team-mates will be mentally stronger next season after the Reds finished the Premier League campaign in such impressive fashion to brilliantly claim a Champions League place.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men picked up a total of 21 points from a possible 27 after the mid-June resumption, and that haul was enough to secure third spot in the top flight and ensure a return to European football's premier club competition for the 2020/21 campaign.

Fred feels the team have made steady progress throughout the season and says getting over the final hurdle on the last day against Leicester City will stand the Reds in good stead going forward.

“The team have been on a really good trajectory,” he told the LASK edition of United Review, our official match programme.

“We've had some wobbles, some ups and downs, which is normal during such a long season, but we managed to maintain a great run of form. That was really important for the team and in our fight for a Champions League place.

“I'm sure our squad will be mentally stronger after this season. It's been an atypical season with all that's happened, so next season I'm sure we'll be strengthened mentally and we'll look to win all the competitions we're in.

“I'm sure we're capable of doing this, we've got a great squad and we'll go for it. There's the Premier League, we'll be in the Champions League and also the cups so we'll do everything to win as many trophies as possible for Manchester United.”

Before lockdown, the Brazilian midfielder had established himself as a key member of the Reds' engine room and while Fred reflects on that with pride, he insists he'll never stop wanting to improve.

“I've been really happy with my performances. Coming from a difficult previous season, I think I've had a great season and I've maintained a high level of football, which I'm really happy with,” he explained.

“I've received a lot of praise which is important, but I need to continue working hard so that I can improve my game every day, show my worth and help Manchester United. I want to win a lot of trophies here.

“I've done really well this season, but I can definitely get better every day. I look to improve with every game and day by day so I'm sure there's a lot more to come.”

Fred hopes to be involved in Wednesday's Europa League last-16 second leg against LASK at Old Trafford. The Reds are currently 5-0 up from the first game, which took place back in March and was United's last match before lockdown.

“We've got a 5-0 lead against LASK, but they're a good team and we need to be careful,” warned Fred.

“We have to manage the game, looking to score and win. That way there'll be no risk. We've got a big advantage which could be relaxing for us but as I said, we need to always have a good mentality and look to win the game, to make sure nothing goes wrong.

“I managed two assists in the game [against LASK in the first leg],” he recalled.

“The first was a lovely pass into Juan that I managed to pick out with some good vision. The second ended up being a simple pass to Andreas, but it was important for me to gain confidence in the competition with two assists and two goals in the tournament.

“I hope I can come up with some big performances in the upcoming Europa League games. I want to win the trophy, we're close and we'll give our all to be [Europa League] champions.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #72
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Galatasaray 'preparing shock move for Manchester United star Fred with Turkish giants set to make loan bid for Brazilian midfielder'

* Galatasaray are reportedly preparing to make a move for Man United's Fred
* The 27-year-old has fallen down the pecking order since football's restart
* The Turkish giants are in real need of midfield options for the 2020-21 season
* A successful move seems unlikely, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a fan of Fred's

Galatasaray are preparing a shock move for Manchester United midfielder Fred, according to reports in Turkey.

The Brazilian, who joined United from Shakhtar Donetsk in a £52m deal in 2018, has fallen down the pecking order since the Premier League restart with Nemanja Matic preferred as the midfield anchor.

The central trio of Matic, Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes helped steer United into the top four with an impressive run of unbeaten games in the league, limiting Fred's opportunities with the Red Devils.

And according to Turkish outlet Fotomac, Galatasaray are monitoring the situation and are interested in acquiring the Brazilian for the 2020-21 campaign.

Galatasaray are preparing a shock loan move for Manchester United midfielder Fred. The 27-year-old has fallen down the pecking order in United's midfield since football restarted. Galatasaray boss Fatih Terim is in need of midfield reinforcements for the 2020-21 season. However, a successful move seems unlikely with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a fan of the midfielder

Fred's current deal at United runs until 2023 and Fatih Terim's side are rumoured to be looking to bring the midfielder in on a loan deal with an option to buy.

The Turkish giants are in real need of midfield reinforcements this window, with primary targets Mario Lemina of Southampton and Fulham's Jean-Michael Seri proving difficult to sign, having both spent time on loan with the club.

A successful move for Fred seems unlikely, though, with the 27-year-old still reportedly part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's plans.

United endured a longer season than most clubs in 2019-20 and are likely to play a lot of football this season owing to their Champions League commitments, and Solskjaer is in need of squad depth.

Fred scored two goals and provided four assists from 48 outings for the Red Devils last season, in what was his best campaign for the Premier League club so far.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8676973/Galatasaray-preparing-shock-Manchester-United-star-Fred.html
Old 17-10-2020, 06:30 AM   #73
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Ayo semangat Bang Fred

Old 22-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #74
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'He doesn't know how to do one or two touches': Troy Deeney offers brutal assessment of Manchester United's Fred and claims the £52m midfielder gives you the ball 'three or four times a game!'

* Watford striker Troy Deeney has offered an honest critique of Fred
* He says that the Hornets would target the Manchester United midfielder
* Deeney says Watford had success against United by singling out the £52m man

Troy Deeney has offered a brutal assessment of how Watford targeted Manchester United weak link Fred, and claims that he gives the ball away 'three or four times a game'.

Fred, signed for £52million from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2018, has flattered to deceive since arriving in the Premier League.

After struggling under Jose Mourinho he has become a more reliable performer under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but Deeney says Watford were still able to exploit his weaknesses when they beat them at Vicarage Road last season.

Watford striker Troy Deeney has offered a brutal assessment of Manchester United's Fred. He says that Watford would target the Brazilian when they came up against Manchester United

Chiefly, Deeney identified Fred's tendency to take too many touches, and his inability to get the ball and give it quickly.

'Whenever you play against Fred - we certainly did it - you let him get it because he has to take three or four touches', he told talkSPORT.

'He doesn't know how to do one or two touches.

'Anyone that watches his game, he gets it facing the wrong way, turns, turns, chops, chops and he'll give you the ball three or four times a game.'

He says that Fred would give the ball away and could not play 'one or two touch' football

Pundit Darren Bent, also appearing on the Breakfast show, joked: 'Hope Fred's not listening. Blueprint how to play against him.'

Deeney replied: 'It's the truth. If you're anyone who studies football you'll know that, when teams are setting and they're waiting, you go and that one person is the trigger.

'You're waiting for it to go and then you bounce off him.'

Fred played 48 times last season and remains a key figure under Solskjaer this term.

He started the recent wins against Newcastle and Paris Saint-Germain, having been restored to the starting line-up following the dismal 6-1 league defeat by Tottenham.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8864307/Troy-Deeney-offers-brutal-assessment-Man-Uniteds-52m-man-Fred.html
Old 24-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #75
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FRED SPEAKS OUT IN UNITED REVIEW

All-action midfielder Fred was one of the stars of Tuesday’s outstanding win over Paris Saint-Germain and in an exclusive interview with United Review for the visit of Chelsea, the Brazilian reveals how the recent defeat against Spurs sparked a positive reaction in the dressing room which was evident in last weekend’s return to form against Newcastle.

“Nobody wants to lose a game, especially at home and by that scoreline,” he told the matchday programme.

“We thought a lot about it, talked a lot in the dressing room. It was really bad for us, but we knew we had to come back stronger, better, more focused, and we did that against Newcastle.

“It was a good response from the team and we were very happy to get the win at a difficult place to go.”

In the interview with United Review – which once more will be available as a digital edition, with fans all over the world able to purchase at the introductory price of 99p – Fred also reveals his ambitions for the season, with the squad growing in confidence as the campaign gets going.
“I obviously want to win every trophy, that’s an ambition shared with the club,” he said. “My personal aim is to play a lot of games, put in great performances, do my best to help the team. Not get injured, obviously. I want to have a great season and the team’s objective is to win things together.

“I’m convinced we have the quality to do this, to go far in the Champions League and the cups here in England, do well in the Premier League. We hope to compete for trophies in all competitions.”

Elsewhere in the issue, you’ll find plenty of reaction to those brilliant wins over PSG and Newcastle and a big feature which provides expert opinion on our recent new signings. As well as manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s thoughts on the game, there’s also an extensive opposition section including key player profiles and a look at how Chelsea have started the season.

And in the digital edition – which will be available to purchase this season – there is lots of rich content to enjoy, including video highlights from the win over PSG, our top 10 goals against Chelsea, the video highlights from a memorable 5-3 win over the Blues in the FA Cup in 1998, plus video highlights from the European Cup final in 1968 and the Champions League final in 2008 to go with related features in the programme.

www.manutd.com
Old 16-11-2020, 10:40 AM   #76
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It's unbelievable how fresh and sharp he is': Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes reveals he's tempted to ask Fred to play like coach Michael Carrick after being impressed by the retired midfielder's training sessions

* Bruno Fernandes has been impressed by coach Michael Carrick in training
* The Portuguese star said the retired Englishman still doesn't miss a pass
* He's even tempted to ask midfield partner Fred to copy Carrick's playing style

Manchester United's Bruno Fernandes has revealed he's tempted to ask midfield partner Fred to try and play like Michael Carrick whenever the 39-year-old coach takes part in training.

Carrick was a top player at United for 12 years, winning the Champions League in 2008, before becoming part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's backroom team at Old Trafford.

And according to Fernandes, he can still teach the younger generation things with his occasional performances on the Carrington practice pitches.

Bruno Fernandes has been impressed by the performances of Michael Carrick in training. He admitted that he's been tempted to ask Fred to try and copy Carrick's playing style

'I watched Carrick playing in training and he didn't miss a pass. It is unbelievable how fresh and sharp he is doing the exercises with us,' said Fernandes.

'I was talking with Fred and I was going to say to him, "Hey, watch him playing and do the same!" but I thought it was unfair and so I didn’t say it! But it was amazing – if someone from outside came to watch training, nobody would say this guy (Carrick) isn’t playing in the team.

'He’s a player who has that quality of passes and also when we need to do some finishing or passing exercises, he’s always there helping us with the balls.

'I’m learning a lot from him and he’s one of the people I like to listen to, because he was a big player, he won a lot of trophies for the club and for me you have to learn from these players.

'Joao Moutinho and Carrick, they are the sort of players from whom you can learn how to be smart in the game, how to be clever. Maybe they’re not the sort of players that kids will watch and say, I want to be like Michael Carrick, but when you have one in the team, you know that guy will never miss a pass, you know he will do the smart pass, most of the times will make the right decision, and you need these kinds of players.'

Fernandes has been a revelation at United since arriving in January and scored twice in their win at Everton before the international break.

Solskjaer has called him a leader and the Portuguese playmaker told the official United podcast he is often too hyped after matches to sleep - so watch re-runs of the games so he can study how to improve.

Fred is a regular in the Manchester United side playing in the midfield behind Fernandes

'Normally when I finish a game, I come home and it’s difficult to sleep because of all the energy and also all the caffeine you take before the game to give you energy, all the Red Bulls you drink,' he explained.

'It’s difficult to calm down, so I come back home and start watching the game. Looking at the points I did well, looking at the points I did bad or I need to improve. I like to see the analysis and then I’ll see how many passes I missed, how many balls I recovered, how many long passes I made and how many were good or wrong.

'I like to watch all those kind of details because I think details can make all the difference in football.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8949965/Bruno-Fernandes-reveals-hes-tempted-ask-Fred-play-like-coach-Michael-Carrick.html
Old 21-11-2020, 12:47 AM   #77
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FRED: WE WILL NEED EVERYONE

Fred says every Manchester United player will play an important role in the team’s hectic run of fixtures between now and the end of 2020.

The Reds are back in Premier League action this weekend, at home to West Bromwich Albion, and then face a further 11 matches across the next six weeks in three different competitions.

It promises to be a hugely challenging period but Fred is confident the squad can cope.

“There are a lot of games but what’s good about it is we’ve got a really good group, and we will need everyone,” Fred told us. “That’s the best thing about having the group: we will be able to help each other, because there will be injuries, knocks and niggles.

“Getting a consecutive run of games and a consecutive run of wins is the goal. We know our strengths and we know what we need to work on. As I said, we have a good group and we want to try and get a good run of victories in this intense period.”

United will be looking to build on the excellent victory over Everton before the international break when the Baggies come to town on Saturday evening, and pick up a first league win of the campaign at Old Trafford.

Fred admits there is no rhyme or reason why league victories have been so hard to come by this term, but he insists the players are determined to put things right.

“It’s difficult to try and put your finger on why it is that the performances at home have not been quite as good. Our goal is to improve at home because Old Trafford needs to be a fortress; it needs to be a place that opponents are scared of coming to,” he declared.

“It’s just a case of working hard to try and get that back and get some victories under our belt. The next challenge is West Brom at home and we need to do everything we can to get the victory.

“We need to be patient in terms of keeping the ball moving above all, and stay calm on the ball and wait for that key moment to make that killer pass. If you try and rush it and try and go too fast then it probably won’t work, especially against the teams who are going to set up to try to nick a goal on the break. There is no point in rushing it; we know how to move the ball; we need to be patient and choose our moments correctly.”

www.manutd.com
Old 03-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #78
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits Fred was 'a bit lucky' not to see red for headbutt on PSG's Leandro Paredes - but defends decision not to sub Man United midfielder before he was sent off after strong tackle on Ander Herrera

* Manchester United star Fred avoided a red card for a headbutt against PSG
* The Brazilian midfielder appeared to headbutt Paredes in the first-half
* However, after consulting with VAR, the referee only awarded a yellow card
* Fred was eventually dismissed for a second bookable offence later in the game
* United star Fred escapes a red card for headbutt on PSG midfielder Paredes

Manchester United's Champions League hopes are hanging in the balance after they lost at home to a Neymar-inspired Paris Saint-Germain on a night that Fred saw red.

The 3-1 defeat at Old Trafford means United now travel to RB Leipzig next Tuesday with the top three teams in Group H level on nine points going into the final round of fixtures.

'We've got to dust ourselves off and be ready for Leipzig,' said manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Fred received a second yellow card when he played the the ball in a tackle on Ander Herrera

'We know our destiny is in our own hands. We're playing a good team but we're developing into a better team as well.'

Solskjaer faced questions over his decision to keep Fred on the pitch even though the Brazilian was lucky to escape a red card for appearing to headbutt Leandro Paredes, and a second yellow for a strong tackle on Herrera.

Fred was finally sent off by Italian referee Daniele Orsato in the 70th minute when he was harshly ajudged to have fouled former United teammate Ander Herrera.

Fred (not pictured) was shown a red card for a second bookable offence in the second-half

'I thought he was a bit lucky to stay on when the referee decided to give him anything,' admitted Solskjaer.

'Fred shouldn't put his head towards him. I don't think he touched him but you don't so that. He was a bit lucky. It's either nothing or red card.

'We spoke about staying calm and staying your feet and the second yellow was nowhere near a foul - and Ander knows that as well.

'It wasn't a foul. Fred played really disciplined second half but when he makes a tackle light that you can't fault the boy.'

Video replays showed Fred headbutting PSG's Leandro Paredes in Wednesday's clash

Paredes goes down clutching his face, but Fred avoided a sending off despite a VAR referral

Asked if he regretted not making a substitution when Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and Donny van de Beek were on the bench, the United boss replied: 'There was no reason from his performance to take him off.

'He was lucky to stay on first half but that had no bearing on the ref making a mistake there.

'I thought Fred kept his head exceptionally well second half. In hindsight, to have 11 men would have been better but who's to say?'

Solskjaer refused to criticise Herrera but Paredes was guilty of going down too easily and there were more theatrics when he clashed with Scott McTominay.

'Scott could have gone down when Neymar grabbed his gentle parts but I don't want them too,' said Solskjaer.

'We've seen at Old Trafford players dropping too easily when they get touched.' United captain Harry Maguire sympathised with his teammate, saying: 'It's strange how he gave a yellow card [in the first half].

'It's either a red card or nothing. It's not a yellow card [in the second half]. He wins the ball. I was two yards away, the linesman was five yards. Every time you go to the floor - especially in Europe - you get a booking.' The decision also perplexed PSG coach Thomas Tuchel.

'From the sidelines I had the impression that he gave a headbutt to Paredes,' said the PSG boss.

'So there was the confirmation with VAR and after that I was very surprised.. For me, there were only two choices: he didn't touch him or he did and it's a red card.

'I was a bit worried that we might lose our heads. I'm happy that we won and don't have to discuss these decisions for too long.' There was another blow for United when Marcus Rashford went off with a recurrence of a shoulder injury.

'Let's see how quickly how he recovers,' said Solskjaer. 'Hopefully he'll be ready for the weekend but we don't know.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9012321/Solskjaer-admits-Fred-lucky-not-red-headbutt-defends-decision-not-sub-him.html
si Fred sepertinya terinspirasi dari Pepe, untung gak kena kartu merah walaupun akhirnya harus dikeluarkan karena dapat 2 kartu kuning
Old 01-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #79
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

We will fight! Fred has overcome loneliness to emerge as one of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's trusted lieutenants at Manchester United... now the £52m Brazilian is eyeing Premier League glory and a return to the national fold

* Fred's Manchester United career had been written off after his £52m switch
* The Brazilian says loneliness was behind his poor start to life at Old Trafford
* However, the arrival of Bruno Fernandes has seen him come out of his shell
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has placed his faith in Fred to marshal his midfield
* Now the 27-year-old is eyeing Premier League glory and a national return

The 'Fredao smile' is on full power. He is beaming. He is renowned in Brazil as a happy footballer, a player with a positive spirit, and is aware that this has not always been in evidence at Manchester United.

He was quickly written off, cast as a £52million flop. He feared his face did not fit at Old Trafford after his move from Shakhtar Donetsk in the summer of 2018. He felt isolated and had sad thoughts.

But Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos, the 27-year-old midfielder from Belo Horizonte, has emerged as a key figure in United's revival under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and is dreaming of the Premier League title and a return to the Brazil team.

Fred is renowned as a happy footballer, and the Brazilian has sprung into life at Man United. The £52m midfielder has been at the heart of United's push into the Premier League title race

'At the beginning, I felt the distance from other players and I even felt alone sometimes,' Fred tells Sportsmail. 'I lacked support maybe, but I could not speak the language that well, so it sort of became a barrier between the players and me.

'I knew there was just one recipe to success: keep on training, not letting those bad comments affect my mind. If I was an angry guy, I guess I'd have thrown it all away because of what I heard during those times.'

Learning the language made a big difference and the arrival of Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon last year helped. Fred and Fernandes soon became close friends, speaking in Portuguese and having fun together.

It helped Fred to be himself, it helped to put the smile back on his face and he wasn't the only player lifted by Fernandes, who intensified the competition for places and triggered United's incredible resurgence.

'We are all friends here at United,' says Fred. 'But it is good to feel that everyone wants a spot in the starting XI.

'In training, every player is giving his best, driving, pushing to the front, myself included. It is a feeling that, if I am out of one game, I'll be sad because I want to play, I need to play, you know?'

But it is not just Fernandes who Fred credits with United's rise. A certain France midfielder has been in fine form of late, too.

But it wasn't all smooth sailing for the 27-year-old, who was branded a 'flop' from the outset. Fred cites his inability to speak English as a key factor behind his loneliness in Manchester

'Paul Pogba, me and other players have erupted as Manchester United erupted,' Fred says. 'Paul was always saying that he wanted to do more, to play more, to win more and we see that in training. There is a lot of talent in him and we see it every day. But I have to include our leader, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, when I talk about the club because he is a guy who knows how to get into the players' minds, their skin, making us play better and I grew in confidence.

'He did not say a lot, but I became a starter, kept playing, and I feel that it was his trust that made it possible.'

United have been in sensational form over the past three months, losing just once in the Premier League - Wednesday's shock defeat by Sheffield United in which Fred, perhaps not coincidentally, was an unused substitute. Although they crashed out of the Champions League and lost to Manchester City in the Carabao Cup semi-finals, you have to go back to November 1 for their last loss before Wednesday - and that was against Saturday evening's opponents Arsenal.

However, the arrival of Bruno Fernandes last January has brought the midfielder out of his shell. Fred describes himself as a positive and happy person around the dressing room at United

They are now right in the title race - one point behind leaders Manchester City - which few thought likely back when they lost to the Gunners. And for Fred, everything has become brighter, reminding him of his days playing football with his friends in the street. He has felt that happiness again.

Fred's family were not well off when he was a child but he credits his parents for making his dream come true. First, by having food on the table every day and then by investing in him as a football player.

'I am the kind of guy who you'll always see smiling,' he says. 'My childhood was like this. I had a lot of fun. We had a bad environment, but we also learned how to cope with it. Sometimes when we were playing football, we would hear gunshots around and then we had to hide.

'It was never too close. Nothing bad happened to me or any of my friends, but it builds you to be able to face everything.

'Now, I think of going back to the national team, of conquering more with the Brazil squad. I went to one World Cup, but I want more and that desire has grown and evolved a lot this season.'

Fred was part of manager Tite's squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia but did not make an appearance. He has not played for Brazil since a friendly against Saudi Arabia in October 2018, at the beginning of his United career. He was an unused substitute for the next game against Argentina, but has been unable to add to his 11 caps.

His immediate ambitions, however, concern Manchester United and their fight for a first Premier League title since 2013.

'It's about building a legacy,' he says. 'Because I was called a flop ever since I got here, my only intention is to be part of Manchester United's history.

The Brazilian believes that Paul Pogba and himself have 'erupted' for the Red Devils this season

The 27-year-old says manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows how to get the best out of his side

'I have many things to give, many games to play and many titles to win. To be honest, I think we have a team to play against everyone. This year, the title race seems to be one of the most hotly contested and the Premier League is on our mind, of course, but we don't forget the FA Cup or the Europa League. We are all in.'

As Fred's footballing fortunes have improved, his native Brazil has suffered badly from the global pandemic. The Covid-related death toll has soared beyond 200,000 as president Jair Bolsonaro resisted lockdown measures. There has been chaos in some regions, including Manaus, in the Amazon, where there was a shortage of oxygen and respirators for patients.

'Being in lockdown is not good, but it is necessary,' Fred says. 'It was something that we did not expect but we have to adapt. Brazil should have stronger measures against the virus.

'I understand many workers have to be on the street every day to earn their money but we have to save as many lives as possible.

'Only someone who lost a loved one knows how it feels. My brother got the virus and suffered through it. Thank God he is fine now. But that is not the normal case, unfortunately.'

Fred is not one of those players who regularly takes to social media but he is prepared to add his voice to those who have spoken out on social issues during the pandemic, such as United team-mate Marcus Rashford and Everton striker Richarlison.

Fred is targeting a return to the fold for Brazil having not appeared since October 2018

'These two guys are great on and off the field,' he says. 'Marcus is fighting for the country, for its people, and using his voice to say what people without space have been trying to say for ages.

'In Brazil, Richarlison does the same and that is admirable. We, as players, have the possibility to speak out, to use our voice, and make people hear it.

'When people hear a footballer speaking, they can think about it and maybe even reconsider the prejudices they have.'

At Arsenal on Saturday evening, Fred will face two of his good friends and compatriots, Willian and David Luiz. They have been together many times in the colours of Brazil and the friendships have evolved since they all came to England.

The midfielder is also eyeing top honours with United as he looks to build a legacy at the club

Pre-lockdown they would meet for dinner if they were together in London or Manchester. Fred's wife, Monique, is a close friend of Willian's wife, Vanessa.

'David Luiz is a very funny guy and Willian is too but, of course, friendships stay off the field when we are playing. We want to win. We need to win. These rivalries that United have with Arsenal, Liverpool are always important.'

And not forgetting the rivalry with the Premier League leaders.

'Especially the one with Manchester City because it is always strong and it makes the city stop,' Fred says. 'Everyone is watching the games, some wearing red and some wearing blue. We know they have very good players and so do the other teams such as Leicester. They are consistent and we have kept our consistency going, too.'

Something more to smile about for Fred.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9202915/Manchester-United-Fred-eyeing-Premier-League-glory-having-Old-Trafford-loneliness-him.html
penampilan Fred belakangan sudah makin matang, duetnya sama Tominay sudah makin padu, pertahankan Fred !!
Old 22-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #80
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United midfielder Fred racially abused on social media following his mistake in FA Cup quarter-final defeat by Leicester, with Brazilian targeted with monkey emojis on his Instagram page

* Manchester United fell out of the FA Cup with a 2-0 loss to Leicester on Sunday
* Fred had one of his worst games in red and was directly at fault for the opener
* The midfielder's soft back-pass allowed Kelechi Iheanacho to score his first
* Fred was sent racist comments afterwards in the latest sickening episode

Fred was sent racially abusive messages on social media after Manchester United's FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Leicester City on Sunday.

The comments section on the midfielder's Instagram posts were targeted with monkey emoji's following the defeat.

Other comments telling the Brazilian to 'go back to the favelas' followed the final-whistle, on the same day that 17-year-old Jude Bellingham was sent racist abuse.

Manchester United midfielder Fred was sent racist abuse on Sunday after defeat to Leicester. The 28-year-old star was sent racist comments across several of his recent Instagram posts

Fred struggled throughout the Sunday game and was at fault for Kelechi Iheanacho's opener

Fred endured one of his worst matches in a United shirt, struggling under Leicester's intense pressure as the Foxes ran the show.

The 28-year-old was to blame for the opening goal at the King Power, playing a soft back-pass which was intercepted by Kelechi Iheanacho before it reached Dean Henderson, as the striker slotted-in.

He also failed to get tight enough to Youri Tielemans when the midfielder drove through midfield to score Leicester's second, and was finally hooked by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after 84 minutes.

That should have been the end of it but some fans took to Fred's Instagram post-match to leave the vile abuse below a photo posted on Thursday, following United's Europa League win over AC Milan.

The United midfielder didn't get across Youri Tielemans (pictured) in time to stop his goal. Fred is not the first player from his team to have received racist abuse online this season

The midfielder has now turned-off comments on that post, but other Instagram users then posted more monkey emoji's on a post from last Sunday, when Fred helped United beat Champions League qualification challengers West Ham.

A man was arrested and charged after the Manchester derby in December 2019 after being caught making an alleged racist gesture towards the midfielder from the crowd.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed that the midfielder had been 'affected' by the incident.

Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford are others players in the Old Trafford dressing room who have been sent abuse this season, as the issue continues without a solution implemented.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9386933/Manchester-United-midfielder-Fred-racially-abused-social-media-following-FA-Cup-loss-Leicester.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
Andi Istiabudi, bang_zak, der_emperor, dhodoadrian, h-ANG, marsel david, penk22_, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, zudomiriku