United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

Old 27-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Burnley

MOURINHO'S VERDICT ON BOXING DAY DRAW

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho gave his verdict on the 2-2 Boxing Day draw with Burnley, when speaking to MUTV and other media at Old Trafford.

Half-time substitute Jesse Lingard scored a brace, the second in stoppage time, to rescue a point after Sean Dyche's side led 2-0 at the break through goals from Ashley Barnes and Steven Defour.

CONCEDING BAD GOALS

"The problem with the first-half performance is another 's' goal - you are intelligent and don't need me to tell the whole world the other letters in the word. What we are having now is lots of really very bad goals against us, so that obviously has an impact in the game. At 2-0, it makes things more difficult at half-time, I need my players to believe in them[selves] and I need them to believe in me; to accept the risk and not be afraid to lose three or four. To not be afraid of what was possible - what didn't happen but it could happen, that there is a negative reaction from the supporters."

HALF-TIME SUBSTITUTIONS

"Yeah, it was just tactical. [We changed to] only one central defender as we know that Burnley don't have normally the ball as they just play direct so we played one against one with Phil Jones. It is a risk and Jones accepted that and Nemanja Matic was there just to bring the ball from a totally free position, bringing lots of balls into midfield. Then, instead of more positional players like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, I decided to go with Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata with all three trying to play in these areas behind Lukaku. You can say we had some success and I still think there were so many balls in such important areas with lots of crosses, good and low crosses, but we didn't attack all these balls well. Also, normally, we were not lucky with rebounds so I'm happy with the effort, happy with the personality and happy with the feeling that we didn't lose but, of course, we lost two points."

AFTER THE BREAK

"In the second half, it was impossible to concede a goal - impossible - because they didn't cross the midfield line, they didn't have two or three passes in a row. So, the second half was really ours - totally ours - but we still only scored two goals. I'm very happy with their character and part of that was also the way they played and tried to break down a very organised wall. I keep saying that to defend well is a quality and they defended very well. So also credit to Burnley to concede only two goals against such strong pressure."

NO CRITICISM OF THE PLAYERS

"The boys are doing what they can and they are doing fine. I say, in the last two matches, we had 15 chances to score and we conceded three goals and an amazing free-kick so the boys do what they can. They are trying hard, with problems as we have injuries, but we have the boys fighting hard. I'm not happy with the result and I wasn't happy with the result against Leicester of course, but I'm happy with my players. No criticism to my players."

NOT HAPPY DESPITE LATE LEVELLER

"Obviously, it's a bad result for us. We are never happy with a draw - especially in a match where we are so dominant, but that's the reality."

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 10
Andi Istiabudi, dhodoadrian, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Ucup Carrick, wira_ozora, Zulfan