United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #34
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edwin van der Sar

Edwin van der Sar puts Manchester United links to bed after committing his long-term future to Ajax by penning new four-year deal as club's chief executive

* Edwin van der Sar has signed a new four-year deal as Ajax chief executive
* The 49-year-old announced the news on his Twitter on Friday afternoon
* Van der Sar had been linked with the technical director role at Old Trafford

Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar has committed his future to the club after penning a new four-year deal.

Reports in recent months had linked him with the technical director role at Manchester United – his former club.

However, the Dutchman put that speculation to bed after announcing the news of his new contract on social media.

Edwin van der Sar has signed a new four-year deal as Ajax chief executive. The 49-year-old happily announced the news on his Twitter page on Friday afternoon

'Very happy with my contract extension at this beautiful club! I started as a goalie in 1991, three years ago I became Ajax CEO,' Van der Sar wrote on Twitter.

'We've had some difficult moments, but the good times are definitely back. And of course we want more in the future!'

The 49-year-old will stay at the Eredivisie champions until 2023 after being rewarded for guiding the club back to European glory.

While the new deal does rule out a return for the time being, Van der Sar admitted he would be keen on a return to his former club – just not as a technical director.

He told Sports Illustrated last month: 'Besides my family, the wife, kids and friends etc, I have two loves in my life - Ajax, who scouted me and gave me the chance to shine in the world of football and Manchester United, who helped me to develop even at the end of my career.

'Of course i'd be interested in a position, but at first I think I need to learn a little bit more here at Ajax and develop myself even further. Let's see what the future brings, United is a fantastic club, with a great following all over the world.

Van der Sar has been Ajax's chief executive since retiring from football in 2016

'I'm the chief executive at Ajax, United are looking for a different position, a director of football, it's a different role. I know a little bit about football of course.'

Van der Sar spent six years at United after joining the club from Juventus in 2005 and won the Champions League in 2008, along with four Premier League titles.

After retiring in 2016, the former goalkeeper returned to his boyhood club Ajax and has overseen the day to day running of the club in the role of chief executive.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7690577/Edwin-van-der-Sar-commits-long-term-future-Ajax-penning-new-deal-clubs-chief-executive.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 84
Aan Schmeichel, Aba_MaczUnited, alfiandrmwn, altamis, Anak.Kecil, and1, Andi Istiabudi, arief rachman, arik_, arymashuda, asby_ansya, Ayunda, Blacklist7, BryantWong, cheryska, Dani, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, DeJu, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, der_emperor, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, erin, fadilbedil, Fajar_, FCR9, FirdaAnnisa, giggs26, goodfron, Haji Paidin, irfan_mancunianred, irhamutd, irwin3, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, Legolash, Mahesa_Jenar, marendraselo, marsel david, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, muhammad rere albani, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, OrangeCreativeDesign, penk22_, Pure_red, Rean, Redsbusby, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rohibur rizqi, sepatu_ancur, SHOHIBULWAFI, SR 7, stamansa, stefano_will, theater of dream, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, unreal, VaDLi, vanrayen, Victory, walikece, Waynetommy, Wengge Schmeichel, wira_ozora, yusufdian, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku