United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

View Poll Results: Your Man of the Match ?
Paul Pogba 2 50.00%
Chris Smalling 1 25.00%
Ander Herrera 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-04-2018, 06:44 AM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Bournemouth vs Manchester United

Congrats !!!

POGBA TOPS MAN OF THE MATCH POLL

Paul Pogba was voted Manchester United's Man of the Match by fans on Twitter after an impressive showing against Bournemouth on Wednesday night.

In what was a strong outing from the off, Pogba’s most important act on the pitch came when he played in Romelu Lukaku for the Reds’ second goal in the 2-0 victory over the Cherries.

The France international topped the post-match poll on our official Twitter account @ManUtd, with 67 per cent of the final vote. Ander Herrera (28 per cent) and the scorer of the opening goal Chris Smalling (five per cent) were also nominated.

Pogba helped United assert control and provided a sharp connection between the midfield and front three of Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard before leaving the field to an ovation from the vociferous away supporters 20 minutes from time.

The midfielder's manager, Jose Mourinho, said: “[It was a] top performance [from Pogba]. Obviously, the performance against City was special because he scored two goals but this performance was at a very similar level, so it was a top performance. He can do it.”

Pogba's team-mate Luke Shaw added: "Paul is an amazing guy, a lovely guy and he works so hard in training. For me, he is the best midfielder in the world and I think he is going to be for many years. I am lucky to be playing with such a quality player like him."

www.manutd.com
Old 19-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MOURINHO REACTS TO WIN OVER CHERRIES

Jose Mourinho was pleased with the response from his Manchester United team in the 2-0 victory over Bournemouth on Wednesday night.

The Reds returned to winning ways in the Premier League to go four points clear in second place, as goals from Chris Smalling and substitute Romelu Lukaku saw off the Cherries at the Vitality Stadium.

Here are the key points from the boss in an interview with BT Sport and his post-match press conference…

‘A PROFESSIONAL AND CONTROLLED PERFORMANCE’
“Yes [I got the response I wanted]. The players were very good. I think a good team performance – professional, controlled, a good effort, good responsibility, desire to play, to have the ball, to score. Also desire to cope with the defensive responsibilities against a fast team and a team who is not easy to play against and part of that good collective performance was good individual performances. All of them were professional and responsible and with the first ambition which is to finish in the top four. I think one more point is probably enough, maximum two, so when we have that result, we can think about third and about second.”

MUCH-IMPROVED DISPLAY AFTER WEST BROM DEFEAT
“Everything was different – everything was faster, everything was simple. The players were running without the ball to be in the right places defensively and attacking, not just to always have one more touch, one more flick, one more trick. Everything was good and I am happy that the result was also good because now the players can have that positive feeling.”

EVERY PLAYER IS IN CONTENTION FOR WEMBLEY
“I would say that every player on the pitch was positive and made themselves available for [the FA Cup semi-final on] Saturday. I wouldn’t say phenomenal. I think all of them played well and they told me they want to play [against Tottenham]. Obviously I am going to change the team, I am not going to repeat this team. I gave a rest to [Nemanja] Matic, I gave a rest to Antonio Valencia, with the objective of at least having a couple of players fresh. But all of the players told me they are here and they want [to play].”

POGBA PRAISE

“I am not very good on the Man of the Match, especially because I am a team manager. I am not a big fan of it but I think he played very well. I would say against Manchester City, he was phenomenal, not just because of the goals. But today he was very, very good so I would say a good choice [for Man of the Match].”

ATTITUDE NEEDS TO BE MORE CONSISTENT
“I think we are inconsistent and we are inconsistent many times in our attitude. Against our top-five opponents, we didn’t lose any points for them. Against [Manchester] City, we won, we lost. Against Spurs, we won, we lost. Against Chelsea, we won, we lost. Against Liverpool, we won, we drew. Against Arsenal, we won and we still have one match to play, so we are not also going to lose. We didn’t lose points in the two duels against the direct opponents, but then we lost points against teams that were promoted – we lost against Huddersfield and lost against Newcastle. We lost points against teams that probably are going to be relegated or are in the group of teams involved in the relegation fight. We lost three points against West Bromwich Albion and lost two points against other teams involved in that fight – Stoke and Southampton. We were not consistent and you pay the price."

www.manutd.com
Old 19-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

VIEWS ON UNITED'S VICTORY AT BOURNEMOUTH

ManUtd.com gathered a selection of post-match quotes from players, managers and legends after Manchester United's comfortable victory over AFC Bournemouth on Wednesday night.

The Reds took the lead midway through the first half with a second goal in three games from defender Chris Smalling, with Romelu Lukaku putting the visitors out of sight in the second half after a brilliant run and assist by Man-of-the-Match poll winner, Paul Pogba.

Jose Mourinho, Lukaku, Smalling and Luke Shaw all spoke to MUTV after the win at the Vitality Stadium and we have summarised their key points below.

Jose Mourinho: "The players were good because the team was good. I think individually very good performances and collectively against a team that has a certain style of play that isn’t easy to play against. A good victory and a good three points. I’m not going to repeat this team [in Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup semi-final] but all 11 players who started the game performed well and told me ‘we are here if you need us’. They showed their attitude was good and their performance was good."

Chris Smalling: "Yes we did [deliver], we all knew that [game] against West Brom wasn't good enough. Tonight we needed to stand up and put on a performance. I think tonight you could see the lads were up for it. I think quite often when I get my goals they come in a few games, and it was nice to contribute in that way as well. It has been our goal for a little while to make sure we get to that [FA Cup] final and this is the perfect way to lead up to the weekend."

Marouane Fellaini: "The manager trusted in me today and I think it was a good performance from the team. The attitude was great today, we won and it's good for us and our confidence because we have a big game on Saturday. If you want to win the trophy you have to perform every weekend and have the attitude we had today. I think every week players want to perform to be able to play the next week and I think the manager put that bit of pressure on the players to win today. If the manager decides to start me or not to start, [in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday] I'm there to help the team and will try to do my best."

Luke Shaw: "The three points were the main objective, as we have been a bit down because of the bad result [on Sunday]. For momentum going into this weekend, we wanted to make sure we got the points we needed. Chris [Smalling] is doing an amazing job, not just defensively, but he is an attacking option, especially when we have corners and set pieces, he is very dangerous."

View from opposition - Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: "We gave everything, we were decent for large spells. The energy the players gave was very high. The frustrating thing is that we got in good positions but didn't execute the final part. They didn't have a huge amount of chances either but took their goals well. You have to admire the quality of the opposition at times. We expected them to turn up and want to win, that's what they have always done. They responded to a setback and their front three caused us problems."

View from a United legend - Paul Parker: "It was a job well done. Jose wanted a solid performance and he got a solid performance. Bournemouth didn’t have enough about them when it mattered and United came away comfortable 2-0 winners. I don’t think there will be any surprises in the line-up on Saturday. He doesn’t like to make big changes for big games. He will probably play a lot of the players that played last week.”

www.manutd.com
Old 19-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #14
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [EPL] Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United

David De Gea sets personal best for clean sheets as Michael Carrick makes return to the dug-out - FIVE THINGS YOU MISSED from Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United

* Manchester United make lightwork of Bournemouth with away win
* David De Gea recorded his 21st clean sheet, a new personal best at United
* Chris Smalling (3) has more goals than Alexis Sanchez (2) since his arrival
* Michael Carrick returned to the United dug-out after temporary absence

Manchester United delivered an assured performance to leave the south coast with all three points.

A tap-in from Chris Smalling and well-taken strike from Romelu Lukaku was enough to give Jose Mourinho's side the victory, strengthening their grip on second spot, as the Red Devils are now four points ahead of third-placed Liverpool.

Bournemouth remain 11th on 38 points, a total many feel will be enough to guarantee Eddie Howe's side another season in the Premier League.

Here, Sportsmail rounds up all the things you may have missed from the Vitality Stadium.

Captain De Gea

David De Gea took the captain's armband for the first time ever as a Manchester United player at the Vitality Stadium.

Spain's premier shot-stopper has enjoyed yet another elite season under Mourinho. He was named in the PFA Team of the Season after leading the league with 17 clean sheets this season, three more than Ederson's total, who sits in second.

After keeping the Cherries quiet, De Gea earned his 21st clean sheet of the season, giving him his best-ever clean sheet haul as a United player.

imagur
David De Gea wore the captain's armband for the first time as a United player at Bournemouth

Smalling's scoring run... or Sanchez's drought

Alexis Sanchez didn't make the starting line-up for the clash with Bournemouth, presumably because Jose Mourinho has one eye on the FA Cup semi-final, but Chris Smalling did and used the opportunity to continue his scoring run.

The England international tapped home Jesse Lingard's cross for his third goal of the season, which means he's now scored one more than Sanchez since the Chilean moved to Old Trafford in January.

All of Smalling's strikes came after Sanchez had arrived, netting in three consecutive away games in the Premier League following a run of just one away goal in his past 101 matches, courtesy of goals against Crystal Palace, Manchester City and now Bournemouth.

Chris Smalling has scored more (3) goals than Alexis Sanchez (2) since he moved to the Reds

Jesse Lingard has finally arrived

Jesse Lingard has produced more goals and assists during the 2017-18 campaign than he did in the past three seasons combined.

Lingard's assist for Smalling was his sixth of the season, giving him a total of 19 goal involvements, owing to his 13 strikes throughout the campaign.

That tally of 19 is one better than the 18 goal involvements he has managed since the start of the 2014-15 season, a run which includes three strikes at Wembley, in both the FA Cup and League Cup final as well as the Community Shield.

Once a bit-part player on the fringes of first-team football, it's safe to say Lingard has arrived on the big stage.

Michael Carrick returns to the dug-out

Michael Carrick is set to become one of Jose Mourinho's lieutenants next season and was seen back in the dug-out once again.

The former West Ham midfielder, who was credited by Paul Pogba for inspiring his title-denying performance against City, was in the stands for the West Brom defeat but returned to the dug-out on Wednesday. He has been shadowing the current coaching staff throughout the season.

Carrick confirmed he will retire at the end of the season and will join Mourinho's coaching team, bringing an end to his illustrious 19-year playing career which has seen him win every trophy possible with United both domestically and abroad.

Michael Carrick (far right) once again assumed a place in the dugout as he acts as a coach

Romelu Lukaku's best ever season

At the very least, Romelu Lukaku can look back on his debut season at Man United and call it his most prolific.

His strike at the Vitality Stadium was his 27th in all competitions and 15th Premier League goal of the season, bettering his return of 26 goals for Everton last season.

Although, 25 of Lukaku's goals last season came in the Premier League, which means he will need to score at least 26 league goals as a United player to ensure his most prolific domestic season, which could well be a personal target for the next campaign.

Lukaku's goal against Bournemouth was his 27th in all competitions for United this season

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5631921/FIVE-THINGS-MISSED-Bournemouth-0-2-Manchester-United.html
Old 19-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #15
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [EPL] Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United

After Jose Mourinho makes seven changes for Manchester United's win at Bournemouth, Sportsmail looks at which of his key picks delivered

* Manchester United beat Bournemouth 2-0 at the Vitality Stadium on Wednesday
* Chris Smalling and Romelu Lukaku found the net either side of half-time
* Jose Mourinho made seven changes from the side that lost to West Brom
* Sportsmail looks at which selections delivered and which ones did not

Manchester United beat Bournemouth 2-0 at the Vitality Stadium on Wednesday night.

Chris Smalling slid in to finish Jesse Lingard's cross in the first half before Romelu Lukaku sealed the victory midway through the second.

Jose Mourinho made seven changes from the side that handed Manchester City the title with a 1-0 defeat to West Brom on Sunday. Here, Sportsmail looks at which picks delivered and which did not.

Paul Pogba

Mourinho’s patience with Pogba has worn thin, so the sight of him giving the ball away cheaply in the first half will not have helped his manager’s mood.

Yet this was not a bad display from Pogba. It may not have been worth £89m but he got an assist. Tidy up those careless passes and he will be back in Jose’s good books.

Verdict: Thumbs up

Luke Shaw

A rare start for the 22-year-old left back who has fallen in and out of favour with Mourinho.

The United boss did not spend the night shouting at Shaw from the Vitality Stadium sidelines, which is a good sign, but the defender has the tendency to look a little sluggish and his crossing can be slack. Ashley Young has nothing to worry about.

Verdict: Thumbs down

Marouane Fellaini

The big man in midfield was barely noticeable in the first half. He should have been in the thick of it, winning battles. Instead he offered United nothing.

This was Fellaini’s first Premier League start since September and it could be his last before leaving in the summer.

Marouane Fellaini gestures during what could have been one of his last United appearances

Anthony Martial

Such a talented footballer but Martial can sometimes slow down the momentum of an attack. Here the 22-year-old was haunted by a lack of end product.

One moment in the first half summed it up. He danced his way past three Bournemouth defenders as he drove into the box from the left wing then produced an air shot.

Anthony Martial showed glimpses of his best but the forward lacked an end product

Marcus Rashford

The future of the 20-year-old remains unclear but he was sharp here as he constantly made menacing runs behind the Bournemouth defence.

He forced Asmir Begovic into his first save of the game in the 27th minute after his tackle on Nathan Ake. Good display.

Marcus Rashford continued to cause problems for the Bournemouth defence on Wednesday

Phil Jones

This was Jones’ first start since February 11 in a 1-0 loss to Newcastle and he was solid. He and Smalling had a good understanding and it may have given Mourinho something to think about before Saturday’s Wembley clash.

Also stopped Callum Wilson from testing David De Gea when he looked to have broken clear.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5631713/Sportsmail-looks-Jose-Mourinhos-key-picks-delivered.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 13
Andi Istiabudi, dhodoadrian, dwitri27, FitraHaryadi39, fredrian.seven, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, zudomiriku, Zulfan