United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

Old 17-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [FAC] Huddersfield Town vs Manchester United

POBGA TO MISS HUDDERSFIELD TIE DUE TO ILLNESS

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba will miss the Emirates FA Cup tie at Huddersfield Town due to illness and, as a result, Academy prospect Ethan Hamilton has taken his place in the squad.

The young and industrious Scottish midfielder has impressed during his seven UEFA Youth League appearances this campaign, scoring one goal for Nicky Butt’s exciting team. Aged 19, he is also a regular in the club’s Under-23s team and featured on Friday night against Chelsea at Leigh Sports Village.

This is Hamilton’s first inclusion in a first-team squad and we can confirm the youngster will wear the no.48 shirt at the John Smith’s Stadium, where the FA Cup fifth-round tie is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 GMT.

Ethan joined United when turning 16 after playing for Hutchison Vale, a local boys club the Reds have dealt with before when Darren Fletcher represented the Edinburgh-based youth team.

United’s Under-18s manager Kieran McKenna has recently praised Hamilton’s work ethic and desire to improve, telling us: “He is a fantastic character around the group and another one with a great training mentality every day. He's a hard worker who wants to get better and develop himself.

“He's a really solid player for the group as well as being a good talent. With his attitude, it could certainly carry him very far in his career.”

www.manutd.com
Old 18-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #12
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

Come on United ! Baily is b(l)ack
Old 18-02-2018, 01:12 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Lukakuuuuuuu......

Old 18-02-2018, 01:32 AM   #14
wira_ozora
first team
To Old Trafford,,To See United

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wira_ozora has a spectacular aura aboutwira_ozora has a spectacular aura about
Visit wira_ozora's Twitter

Hadeuhh...MU jadi korban teknologi yg masih prematur. Golnya Mata jelas2 onside gara2 VAR malah jadi offside. Terlepas dari VAR mainnya emang jelek di babak I,,baru dapet SoT di menit2 akhir. Mungkin harus ganti Scott atau Matic sm Martial biar bisa lebih nyerang di 2nd half.
Old 18-02-2018, 03:27 AM   #15
Andi Istiabudi
manager

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0 UNITED 2

Emirates FA Cup fifth round | 17 February 2018 | John Smith's Stadium | Attendance: TBC | Scorer: Lukaku 3,55.

Manchester United avenged the defeat at the John Smith's Stadium earlier in the season to dump Huddersfield Town out of the Emirates FA Cup and progress to the quarter-final stage thanks to two clinical Romelu Lukaku goals on a night when VAR again took centre stage.

Lukaku put United in front after three minutes and Juan Mata thought he had doubled the lead on the stroke of half-time, but the video assistant referee (VAR) denied him. It was left to United's no. 9 to put the game to bed 10 minutes into the second half following a blistering Reds counter-attack.

Boss Jose Mourinho made six changes following the defeat to Newcastle. Notably Sergio Romero started in goal and Michael Carrick came in for Paul Pogba who missed out through illness.

United arrived into this, our third meeting with Huddersfield in less than four months and made the perfect start, taking the lead early on through Lukaku. The Belgian picked the ball up 40 yards out, played a one-two with Mata and, after cutting onto his stronger foot, slipped the ball coolly into the near corner to silence the ardent home crowd and claim his 20th goal of the season.

At the other end, Philip Billing found Tom Ince inside the box, but he miscued his shot wide from a narrow angle, before Collin Quaner's cross was close to looping over Romero. Rajiv Van La Parra headed at Romero, before Florent Hadergjonaj's low right-wing cross was inches away from being converted by the sliding Ince.

The Terriers were enjoying most of the possession as Billing again tried his luck from distance, before United thought we had grabbed a killer second before the break. A surging run down the right from Ashley Young allowed the flying full-back to find Mata, who neatly rounded the keeper and tucked home. The Reds celebrated, only for referee Kevin Friend to call for a review via VAR, which was being utilised for the first time in United's history. After a lengthy delay, Neil Swarbrick ruled Mata was in an offside position and the goal was disallowed to the surprise of all the stadium.

Seconds later, United were denied again as Nemanja Matic volleyed home Alexis Sanchez's free-kick but, this time, the the assistant referee's flag was raised for offside.

Ince fired in a 20 yard free-kick moments into the second half which lead to Van La Parra having a chance to volley the ball home, but he miskicked his effort before the impressive Chris Smalling made a crucial block on Steve Mounie.

Just as he did in the first half, Lukaku, found the back of the net with United's first purposeful attack of the second period and it was trademark United. A frightening counter-attack, which was started in his own half by the United frontman, laying the ball off to Alexis Sanchez, was finished in clinical fashion as he latched on to Alexis' return ball, stroking past Jonas Lossl. A couple of young Reds fans made their way onto the pitch to congratulate Alexis and co.

The Reds now oozed confidence and Mata and Alexis were combining beautifully in the centre of the field as both looked to feed Lukaku for his hat-trick, but couldn't find that elusive final ball which would have put the icing on the cake. At the other end, Huddersfield bravely plugged away and substitute Abdelhamid Sabiri nearly pulled a goal back, but he headed over as the Reds defence, led by Smalling, stood firm.

This was the first of three matches in three different competitions for United which could ultimately help define our season. Tonight's win under the lights meant smooth progression into the FA Cup quarter-final for the fourth year in a row and Mourinho's men can now focus on European adventures in midweek.

THE LINE-UPS

Huddersfield: Lossl, Hadergjonaj (Smith 70) Zanka, Schindler (c), Kongolo (Malone 70); Williams, Billing, Ince; Quaner, Van La Parra (Sabiri 84), Mounie.

Subs not used: Coleman, Whitehead, Hogg, Depoitre. United: Romero; Young, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw; Matic, Carrick (c), McTominay; Mata (Lingard 80), Alexis (Martial 75) Lukaku (Bailly 90+3).

Subs not used: Pereira, Darmian, Hamilton, Gomes.

WHAT'S NEXT FOR UNITED?

The Reds now turn attentions to the UEFA Champions League as we travel to Spain to face Sevilla on Wednesday 21 February with kick off at 19:45 GMT at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

www.manutd.com
Old 18-02-2018, 05:20 AM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager

LUKAKU IS MAN OF THE MATCH

Romelu Lukaku was voted Manchester United's star man in our Man-of-the-Match poll after his brace secured a 2-0 win for the Reds against a resolute Huddersfield Town.

United's no.9 collected 81 per cent of the votes to finish ahead of fellow nominees Scott McTominay (10%) and Chris Smalling (9%).

It was a powerful performance and a clinical display of finishing from Lukaku, who in the process bagged his 20th and 21st goals of the season and secured the Reds safe passage to the Emirates FA Cup quarter finals, where we will face Brighton.

On the two Lukaku goals, boss Jose Mourinho said: “With that second goal in the second half, I think we killed the game and from that moment we were in control. Good counter-attacks, twice attacking the space well. Twice cold in front of the keeper, good decisions, good shots, good goals, important goals from us.”

Romelu Lukaku surpassed the 20-goal mark again with his double at the John Smith’s Stadium, but he’s keen to turn progress into silverware.

“I have been doing it for years now, I have to keep going and, at the end of the day, I am at Manchester United and the main goal is to win trophies,” he said. “It was satisfying for the team. I think we had a difficult game in the league [against Huddersfield] recently so everybody was up for it from the start.”

Opta revealed Lukaku has scored 10 goals in his last 10 appearances in the FA Cup and the big man will hope to take that goalscoring form to Spain when the Reds face Sevilla on Wednesday night in the UEFA Champions League round-of-16 first leg.

www.manutd.com
Old 18-02-2018, 05:21 AM   #17
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MOURINHO REACTS TO FA CUP VICTORY

A satisfied Jose Mourinho discussed a range of topics after Manchester United progressed to the Emirates FA Cup quarter-finals at the expense of Huddersfield Town.

The Reds bounced back from the disappointing defeat at Newcastle United to beat the Terriers 2-0 at the John Smith’s Stadium in Saturday’s fifth-round tie. Romelu Lukaku scored twice to take his tally to 21 goals in all competitions this season, but Juan Mata had a goal controversially ruled out by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) for offside in the first half.

The reward for the victory is a home tie against Brighton & Hove Albion in the last eight of the competition next month.

Read what the boss had to say in his post-match interviews and press conference and click on the image to see his chat with MUTV…

A DIFFICULT TIE

“We knew that it would be difficult. It was hard but we started really well. With that second goal in the second half, I think we killed the game and, from that moment, we were in control. Good counter-attacks, twice attacking the space well. Twice cold in front of the keeper, good decisions, good shots, good goals, important goals from us.”

PLEASED WITH CUP PROGRESS
“I’m happy we are in the quarter-final. I’m happy we won the match, especially after the defeat. It was the kind of game where a draw wouldn’t be a drama. To take the match to Old Trafford wouldn’t be a drama for us.”

CREDIT TO HUDDERSFIELD AND REDS DEFENCE
“The game was difficult – they had a different approach to what they had in the Premier League obviously. [Huddersfield head coach] David [Wagner] knows he doesn’t need a point to stay in the Premier League. He knows he can have a go and they did that. The majority of time in the first half they were offensive and dangerous. They pushed us to do good defensive work – Victor [Lindelof] and Chris [Smalling] were, I think, really, really good in a difficult match. In the second half, we were in control. We scored a goal when we were already in control and then controlled the rest of the second half, which was good.”

WILL POGBA FACE SEVILLA?
“I don’t know about Paul. I said before the game I was told by the doctor this morning he was not coming. We had a good tactical session yesterday and then have to prepare a new team. Just as a curiosity, Carrick was the one who replaced Paul. Paul was going to play on the left side in a 4-3-3. Matic was going to play as a no.6 with Scott on the right. So we moved Matic to the left, not his favourite position, and Michael to a positional six. Now is the time to think about Paul and to know what happened and why he didn’t feel good enough to play and can he be available to help us on Wednesday. Now is the time to wait for information.”

www.manutd.com
Old 18-02-2018, 05:23 AM   #18
Andi Istiabudi
manager

REDS REACT TO CONTROVERSIAL VAR DECISION

There was a major talking point during Manchester United's 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town in the Emirates FA Cup as Juan Mata's first-half goal was disallowed after referee Kevin Friend used the VAR technology.

The match official consulted with Neil Swarbrick in the studio as VAR was in effect on a Reds game for the first time and, after some delay, the Spaniard's strike was ruled out. As the picture, courtesy of BT Sport, who broadcast the game live in the UK, shows it was an extremely tight call. The decision prompted much debate and both Jose Mourinho and Juan Mata had their say afterwards.

"I prepared myself during the week to control my emotions in relation to a similar situation to the one that happened," said the boss. "You score a goal, you have some doubts over to celebrate or not celebrate. Are you happy or not happy? I was not happy the moment I saw Kevin Friend touching the earpiece, I knew something was going on. That doubt is not the best feeling.

"If the decision goes against my team but is the right decision I am very happy with that because what I want is the truth and, sometimes, it goes against my team and, sometimes, in my team’s favour. But I heard comments that maybe the linesman was right and not the studio. I think it’s an experimental period. In Portugal we have it in every match. I’m quite familiar with what the VAR is bringing that’s good and bad. They have to kill the bad and make it perfect.

"The feeling is amazing when the truth comes but there are also problems. One of the problems is what happened today which goes against the words of the protocol. It’s something like a ‘clear and obvious situation’ and, for sure, this was not a clear and obvious situation. But we know that it is experimental and we have to accept it but I am speaking after a 2-0 victory!

"At half-time, I had to tell 20 times to my analysts and assistants to shut up! I don’t want the players to know what happened. I want the players to feel yes, it was offside and let’s move on without being sat unhappy around computers. I was saying ‘shut up – we have to move on’. One day, it will go in our favour."

The goalscorer, Mata, who will presumably go down in history as the first Reds player ever to have a strike disallowed by video technology, he was philosophical about the decision.

"On the pitch, I didn’t know if I was offside or not because it was I think the line was very tight," the midfielder told MUTV. "I did what I had to do which was to score and celebrated. Then, after, I saw the referee speaking to someone and you look silly when the goal is denied.

"I’m up for VAR and I think it is good for football especially to make important decisions and make it a little bit fairer but it seems like today it was not a very clear the decision against us and me. The good thing was that it was not needed [the goal] because we won anyway but I think we all wished it was quicker. I celebrated and it didn’t count."

www.manutd.com
Old 18-02-2018, 05:30 AM   #19
wira_ozora
first team
To Old Trafford,,To See United

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wira_ozora has a spectacular aura aboutwira_ozora has a spectacular aura about
Visit wira_ozora's Twitter
Default Re: [FAC] Huddersfield Town 0-2 Manchester United

Well...menang sih...tapi ttp aja cara mainnya ngeselin. 90 menit SoT cuma ada 2 dan pemain2 Huddersfield khususnya Billing...bebas bgd terobos pertahanan MU.
Mou bener2 keukeuh mainin 4-3-3 defensif sampe peluit panjang...di babak 2 yg diganti sama aja...Mata sm Alexis,,ya jelas aja ga nambah gol...wong ttp buntu ga ada support dari lini tengah yg defensif semua. Intinya ttp kesel walaupun menang 2-0,,mainin 3 CDM ga bikin defense MU tambah kuat...buktinya si Billing bebas2 aja terobos n passing2. Mudah2'an lawan Sevilla Pogba main dari awal,,biar serangan MU lebih hidup lagi n lbh banyak SoT.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 14
alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, dharma Budy, dwitri27, fredrian.seven, goodmin, penk22_, rikki, rio vander vidic, Riskur, wira_ozora, zudomiriku, Zulfan