United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 09-02-2021, 08:35 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shola Shoretire

Man United's new wonderboy: Teenage winger Shola Shoretire signs his first professional contract alongside Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after rejecting PSG, Barcelona, Juventus and Bayern Munich as he makes first team step-up

* Manchester United's Shola Shoretire has signed his first professional deal
* The 17-year-old is highly-rated by the club and has now moved to the first-team
* Shoretire has starred for the Under-23s this season in the winger position
* The teenager has rejected advances from PSG, Bayern Munich and Barcelona

Teenage winger Shola Shoretire has been promoted to first team training at Manchester United after signing his first professional contract.

Shoretire, who turned 17 last week, has been starring for United's U23s and has trained with the first team on an ad hoc basis over the past two months.

However, recognising his progression, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer brought Shoretire into first team training on Sunday and he will remain there while he continues to improve.

Manchester United wonderkid Shola Shoretire has signed a professional deal at the club. Shoretire had been training with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first-team on an ad hoc basis

Shoretire captioned the Instagram photo of him signing his new deal next to Solskjaer: 'It's a dream come true to sign my first professional contract for my boyhood club! Such a proud day for me and my family.

'Thank you to everyone at the club and to my family who have helped me get to this moment. Hard work continues!'

A statement from the Reds Devils read the 17-year-old will be looking to 'hone his talents behind the scenes' and continue his development at the Red Devils 'in the coming months and years'.

Shoretire has starred for United's Under-23s team but will continue to train with the first team. Shoretire is highly-rated at Old Trafford and could play for the senior squad this term

Shoretire rejected advances from Paris St Germain, Barcelona, Juventus and Bayern Munich to commit his future to United who are expected to formally announce the signing of his first professional contract this week.

Shoretire combined well with new signing Amad Diallo to score a hat-trick for United's U23s on Friday as they came back from 4-2 down to win 6-4.

He is widely tipped by coaching staff to make his first team debut this season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9236951/Manchester-Uniteds-teen-sensation-Shola-Shoretire-promoted-team-training.html
selamat atas kontrak profesional pertamanya, langsung berlatih dengan first team, bersaing sama Amad nih
Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shola Shoretire

Shola Shoretire classes Ronaldinho and Marcus Rashford as his idols and became the youngest EVER player to play in the UEFA Youth League at just 14... now the winger is set to become Man United's next home-grown star as he joins the first-team

* Shola Shoretire has signed his first professional deal with Manchester United
* The 17-year-old joined the club aged 10 and has shone in every age group since
* PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus all wanted to sign the teenager
* He added to his reputation with a hat-trick as the Under 23s beat Blackburn 6-4
* Following Friday's feats he was promoted to train with the first-team on Sunday

The adage age is just a number could certainly be applied to Manchester United's latest teen prodigy Shola Shoretire.

He only turned 17 this month but has since signed his first professional contract with the club and has even been tipped to make his first-team debut this season after being promoted to train with the squad on Sunday.

So who is he? Sportsmail takes a look at the latest academy star within Old Trafford's ranks.

Shola Shoretire (left) is highly-rated at Manchester United and has just signed his first contract

WHO IS HE?

Born on February 2, 2004 - two days before Facebook launched - Shoretire only turned 17 this week but he has been earmarked as a future United star.

Born in Nigeria, Shoretire then spent his early childhood in Newcastle and played for esteemed Wallsend Boys Club - following in the footsteps of Peter Beardsley, Alan Shearer, Michael Carrick and Lee Clark (to name a few).

United were quick to recognise his talents, snapping him up at the age of 10 where he has since shone through the age groups.

Born in 2004, Shoretire (pictured in July 2017) has been at the Red Devils since the age of 10

And speaking about his move to Manchester United, Clark expressed his disappointment at local club Newcastle not luring him to St James' Park instead.

'I've watched Shola Shoretire when my son Bobby has been down at the academy at Newcastle and played against Man United in the years above,' he wrote in his column for Tribal Football last August.

'Shola is an unbelievable young talent with fantastic ability. Great pace, great movement. He made his debut this week for the U23s having just turned 16. He's not the biggest but he's powerful and I know the people at United are excited.

'But what they do at United is they don't go overboard officially about players, they keep it in house and under wraps. But they will know they've got a special young talent in their hands without a doubt.

'At first when I heard about him a couple of years ago, I was initially frustrated that Newcastle lost out on one of their own, but it was a scenario that couldn't be helped with his parents being offered jobs down in the Manchester area which they had to take. Unfortunately there's nothing Newcastle could have done about that.'

HOW HIGHLY-RATED IS HE?

The fact he has been playing up in age-group level throughout his time at Old Trafford is the clearest indicator of his talent. This is exemplified by becoming the the youngest-ever player to appear in the UEFA Youth League when, in 2018, he came off the bench against Valencia as a 14-year-old (more on that later). In September too he made his Premier League debut for the Under 23s aged just 16.

Before he signed his professional deal he had a plethora of clubs trying to entice him away from the Theatre of Dreams such as European heavyweights Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus.

And on Friday night he didn't do his reputation any harm as he scored a hat-trick as the U23s came from 4-2 behind to beat Blackburn Rovers U23s. That took his tally to five for the season in Premier League 2 - Division 1, while he also has four assists.

The impact below the first-team has clearly caught the eye of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who has rewarded him with a place in their training squad. Solskjaer brought Shoretire into first-team training on Sunday and he will remain there while he continues to improve - beforehand he had been part of the squad on an ad-hoc basis.

European giants PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus all wanted to sign Shoretire. He aided his reputation on Friday night with a fine hat-trick in a 6-4 win over Blackburn U23s

WHERE DOES HE PLAY?

Predominately as a winger but anywhere across the front, really. For United's Under 23s this season he has been used as a centre forward, on the left and on the right. His ability to play in all of those roles would mesh seamlessly into first-team manager Solskjaer's plans - with the Norwegian keen on having fluidity along his frontline.

Oh, and if you need some creativity in behind then Shoretire can do that too having performed well in the No 10 position.

The teenager is mainly a winger but can play anywhere across the front and as a No 10 too

WHAT ARE HIS STRENGTHS?

His main qualities are his skillset and his eye for a pass.

Despite playing against older and physically bigger players than him, Shoretire is able to evade them with his array of skills on the ball. This is aided by his low centre of gravity and the fact that he is comfortable with both feet - meaning he can easily unbalance the opposition.

His assist for summer signing Facundo Pellestri's first goal for the club at Under-23 level is the perfect example of this. Receiving the ball just inside his own half, he left three Southampton defenders in his wake with a quality turn before slipping in the Uruguayan to score.

Shoretire has been compared to Nigeria legend Jay-Jay Okocha and with skills like that it's hard not to see why.

With his quick feet and eye for a pass, he has been compared to Nigeria legend Jay-Jay Okocha

HISTORY MAKER

December 12, 2018. Manchester United are away at Valencia in the UEFA Youth League - a competition which is for players up to the age of 19. Leading 2-1 they made a change in 75th minute as Shoretire replaced Nishan Burkart.

In doing so the winger made history by becoming the youngest-ever player to feature in that competition at just 14 years and 314 days, playing against opposition potentially five years older than him. He also became United's youngest-ever player at that age level.

The diminutive midfielder helped United see out the rest of the game as they finished 2-1 victors in Spain to top their Group H.

He became the youngest-ever player to feature in the UEFA Youth League, aged 14, in 2018

WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT HIM?

Speaking in December United coach Neil Wood said he felt the then-16-year-old was already becoming one of the best players in his U23 squad.

'What impresses me the most is he is a very technical player,' Wood said about Shoretire after a 2-2 draw with Manchester City U23s.

'Shola has always played up a year through his whole academy career. I can't remember him ever playing his own age group. He has always been stretched.

'He is very mature for his age, the way he plays, he does a lot of work, takes a lot of positions up, and he has played a lot of roles. He's played No 9, he's played left, he's played on the right, he's played 10 and whatever you ask him to do – on and off the ball – he is going to do it. You can trust him to do that job.

'He is very young, and doing excellent for the age of him. I am not expecting him to be man of the match or [a] main figure of the team, because he is so young, but he's not going on that pitch and drowning or anything. He has probably been one of our most consistent outstanding performers throughout the season.'

Shoretire has played above his age-group level throughout his young career - such is his talent. While playing for the Under 18s last season, the winger was also juggling his GCSE studies

Last season saw Shoretire balance his GCSE studies with his football. Despite the pressures of school he still impressed on the pitch - making 13 appearances for the U18s before the season was curtailed.

His temperament then was best exemplified by the fact he scored in United's 2-1 FA Youth Cup quarter-final win over Wigan - not long after coming home from school. He played the full duration of that February 28, 2020 tie and earned the plaudits of U18 coach Neil Ryan.

'He was at school today, all day! Then he came over to Old Trafford to play,' Ryan said post-match.

'It's incredible really. Different day for him compared to other players.

'Good players can enjoy the big stage. He is a really exciting player. He's evolving and developing, can play a number of different positions, he showed a great maturity I thought.'

HIS IDOLS

Despite not being old enough to remember Ronaldinho in his pomp, Shoretire has named the Barcelona icon as one his idols.

'He was so confident in himself, he was skillful and had everything,' he told UMM's YouTube channel.

'If you're not having fun on a pitch then there's no point. I'm always going into a game thinking I'm going to do well.'

Barcelona legend Ronaldinho is one player Shoretire admires as the Brazilian 'had everything'

Marcus Rashford (left) is another he admires and could soon be team-mates in the first team

It wasn't just that legendary No 10 who Shoretire looks up too as he cited United's Marcus Rashford as another role model.

'The things that he does on the pitch and off the pitch. He's a good role model,' he said of the Red Devils academy graduate.

'Seeing him do that, it makes me think I can do that too.'

It may not be long that Rashford and Shoretire link-up together at Old Trafford now they are training together in the first team.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9223303/Shola-Shoretire-17-year-old-prodigy-training-Manchester-Uniteds-team.html
semoga bisa menjadi bintang masa depan United
Old 22-02-2021, 08:42 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford backs 17-year-old Shola Shoretire to 'kick on' after teenage star was handed his Manchester United debut by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with late cameo in victory over Newcastle

* Shola Shoretire came on as a late substitute for his debut against Newcastle
* He's highly rated as a top prospect for the future in the Man United academy
* His idol Marcus Rashford believes the youngster will get better and better

Marcus Rashford has backed 17-year-old Shola Shoretire to 'kick on' in his development after being handed his Manchester United debut in Sunday's win over Newcastle.

After the game, Rashford, who is one of the youngster's idols, sung his praises to and expects Shoretire to 'show his quality' for the club in the future.

'He's even younger than I was,' Rashford told MUTV. 'It's a top moment when a young player makes his debut, they kick on from that, and hopefully we see the same from him.'

Shoretire, who grew up in the North East and followed in the footsteps of Alan Shearer and Peter Beardsley by playing for Wallsend Boys Club, was promoted into the first-team after some impressive showings for United's under 23s this season.

Shola Shoretire came on for his Manchester United debut against Newcastle on Sunday. One of his idols, Marcus Rashford, has backed the youngster to 'kick on' after this debut. Shoretire is just 17-years-old, but has impressed during his time at the United academy

United snapped him up at the age of 10, and has been playing up in age-group level since his arrival.

He became the youngest-ever player to appear in the UEFA Youth League when he came off the bench as a 14-year-old against Valencia.

'He's got a lot of quality,' Rashford added. 'The more often he trains with us and plays with us he's going to feel relaxes and can show his quality on the pitch.

'In the academy they always emphasise following in footsteps. It's something I always took great acknowledgement of when I was a youngster wanting to get in the first team.

'It's a cycle, and hopefully the younger ones now will see him playing and they will kick on.'

Shoretire came on to replace Rashford in the dying moments with the game already won

Shoretire plays predominantly as a winger but can feature anywhere across the front line, including the number 10 position.

He's got good skills and an eye for a pass, and has been described as one of the best players in the under-23 side, despite his tender years.

He didn't have much of a chance to feature against Newcastle, having come on in the final few moments, but United fans will be hoping he can emulate Rashford's success in the red shirt in coming years.

Speaking in December, United coach Neil Wood said he felt the then-16-year-old was already becoming one of the best players in his U23 squad.

'What impresses me the most is he is a very technical player,' Wood said about Shoretire after a 2-2 draw with Manchester City U23s.

'Shola has always played up a year through his whole academy career. I can't remember him ever playing his own age group. He has always been stretched.

'He is very mature for his age, the way he plays, he does a lot of work, takes a lot of positions up, and he has played a lot of roles. He's played No 9, he's played left, he's played on the right, he's played 10 and whatever you ask him to do – on and off the ball – he is going to do it. You can trust him to do that job.

'He is very young, and doing excellent for the age of him. I am not expecting him to be man of the match or [a] main figure of the team, because he is so young, but he's not going on that pitch and drowning or anything. He has probably been one of our most consistent outstanding performers throughout the season.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9284795/Marcus-Rashford-backs-17-year-old-Shola-Shoretire-Man-United-debut.html
ini kayak moment Gomes gantiin Rooney, jangan sampai kejadian kayak Gomes terulang. Shoretire jarang mendapat kesempatan bermain dan akhirnya pindah ke klub lain
Old 24-02-2021, 08:25 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United wonderkid Shola Shoretire was released by Man City aged 10 after the club learned he had trained with Barcelona

* Manchester City chose to release Shola Shoretire after he trained with Barcelona
* The youngster briefly trained with the Spanish giants while on a family holiday
* Barcelona had made their interest in him known, as had Paris Saint-Germain
* Shoretire now plays for Manchester United with a bright future ahead of him

Manchester United wonderkid Shola Shoretire could have been making his senior debut in the colours of rivals City, had it not been for a trial at Barcelona.

Sportsmail can reveal that City released the winger after they discovered he had trained with the Spanish giants while on a family holiday.

City's staff had concerns and, even though they liked the player, decided against keeping him in their academy. It could well be a decision they come to regret.

United signed the 10-year-old and, just days after his 17th birthday earlier this month, he agreed his first professional contract — said to be one of the biggest ever for a player of his age.

Barcelona had again made their interest known, as had Paris Saint-Germain.

His lucrative deal was followed by a first-team debut against hometown club Newcastle during Sunday's 3-1 win at Old Trafford, making him United's second youngest player in their Premier League history.

For Newcastle and City, the sight of Shoretire emerging as United's latest academy graduate would have given rise to a feeling of 'What if?'

Manchester United wonderkid Shola Shoretire was once at rivals City but got released. City released the winger after they discovered he had trained with Barcelona while on holiday

With a car engine running and its headlights illuminating a patch of grass in a public park in Whitley Bay, a boy of eight manipulates a football with a skill befitting a player twice his age.

That youngster was Shoretire, already training with Newcastle United's academy but, on the insistence of his dad Alex, also doing twice-weekly sessions with skills coach David Ballantyne.

'Shola's dad wanted to give him the best possible start, and it paid dividends,' says Ballantyne, who was working with Shoretire at Newcastle and his own Feet4Football enterprise.

'When he first came in at Newcastle, I just thought, "Wow". I had worked with lots of children in the academy, but only one or two are special from the off — and he was.

'He was a ready-made athlete with quick feet. We moved him up in age straight away.

'The club would have loved to sign him.'

United signed the 10-year-old and, earlier this month, he agreed his first professional contract. Shoretire made his debut for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side against Newcastle last weekend

Before Newcastle could get the family to commit, word had reached Manchester of a young player light years ahead of his peers.

'Sadly, we could not compete with City,' says Ballantyne. 'Shola moved to Manchester and joined their academy. That is the big frustration.

'He should have been making his debut for Newcastle on Sunday. In fact, he is so good, he would have made it long ago. He is just another one who got away for Newcastle.'

Shoretire, whose mother is a doctor, was born in North Tyneside General Hospital in February, 2004. That same week, Shola Ameobi scored for Newcastle in a 3-1 win over Leicester. You would have to ask his Nigerian-born dad if that was the inspiration for his son's name.

Just four miles from that hospital are St Peters Playing Fields in Wallsend. It was there, six years later, that Shoretire first turned up looking for a game of football. Ian Riley was the coach of Wallsend Boys Club Under 8s.

'A lot of kids show up wanting to join in,' says Riley. 'Most of them haven't played before and aren't very good. That wasn't the case with Shola. It was raw, natural ability. The ball stuck to his foot.

'You can improve any player with coaching, but the odd one just has it. They just need guidance. He spent a season with us playing up in age. He was a dribbler and scored goals for fun.

'His dad was determined that he was going to be a player. He would stand behind the goal we were attacking, with his flat cap on, shouting out instructions to Shola.

'But Shola was always destined to make it. We say up here you need feet, heart and a head to be a footballer. Two of those aren't enough. Shola had all three. His determination made him stand out, not just his skill and pace.

'He joined Newcastle and they wanted to keep him under wraps before signing him. That was always going to be very hard.'

Shoretire's talent was never going to remain a secret.

Only now will the rest of the world get to see what all the fuss is about.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9292327/Manchester-United-wonderkid-Shola-Shoretire-released-Man-City-aged-10.html
Old 26-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He's a young kid we believe in': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praises the 'great attitude' of Manchester United wonderkid Shola Shoretire after he becomes club's youngest EVER player in Europe in Sociedad draw

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backed Shola Shoretire to be a Manchester United star
* Shoretire was a substitute in United's 0-0 draw with Real Sociedad on Thursday
* The 17-year-old became the youngest ever player to play for United in Europe
* United's goalless draw means they go through to the Europa League last-16

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tipped Shola Shoretire for a bright future after the 17-year-old came on against Real Sociedad and became Manchester United's youngest-ever player in European competition.

Having secured a surprisingly comprehensive 4-0 win in last week's first leg in Turin, the Red Devils knew progress from the round of 32 was all but assured heading into the return fixture at Old Trafford.

United and Sociedad played out a forgettable 0-0 draw in the second leg, but Thursday's match will go down in the history books after Shoretire's record-breaking late introduction.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backed Shola Shoretire to be a big player for Man United. Shoretire (second right) came off the bench in Thursday's 0-0 draw with Real Sociedad

Having made his debut as a substitute in Sunday's league win against Newcastle, he replaced Norman Whiteside as the youngest player to represent United in European competition by coming on aged 17 years 23 days.

'Shola is going to be a good player for us and sometimes you need to test them against good players,' Solskjaer said. 'We knew Real Sociedad are a good team with good individuals and they press.

'We felt today Amad (Diallo) - he had to come on, of course, Dan (James) had to come off - and Shola, the two of them will need these little introductions to this type of level.

The 17-year-old became United's youngest ever player in European competition this week

Solskjaer (middle) also brought on Amad Diallo for his European debut for Manchester United

'He's a young kid that we believe in. Great attitude. You can see the shape of him. We think physically he'll be an athlete and technically very, very good. Makes good decisions.

'So, of course we're going to gradually feed him into this team and, you know, he's grounded, got his feet firmly on the ground and he works really hard in training. Very likeable boy that we hope we can see loads of in the future.'

It was a memorable moment towards the end of a largely forgettable second leg.

Sociedad skipper Mikel Oyarzabal missed an early penalty before stand-in United captain Bruno Fernandes hit the crossbar, with Modibo Sagnan hitting the woodwork shortly after half-time.

Substitute Axel Tuanzebe saw a headed winner ruled out due to a Victor Lindelof foul in the build-up as a strong United side were held 0-0 by a side they struck four past a week ago.

'We played against a very good team and, you know, the start of the game I think showed why it was important,' Solskjaer said.

'They got a penalty early. Luckily he missed it because you don't want to go into half-time in the game one or two down. Of course you want to get players through unscathed and I felt the first 10, 15 minutes we were a bit slow.

'I thought we then we played some very good stuff in the first half. Second half not great with the ball but solid at the back, good defending and kept them away from our goal. I think it just proves how good the performance was last week, the 4-0 win.'

While United look ahead to Friday's Europa League last-16 draw, Sociedad return to domestic matters after a night that saw United academy graduate Adnan Januzaj line up at Old Trafford again.

'We did well,' the Belgium international said. 'We could have scored some goals. It was a better performance from us, but it wasn't to be and now we have to focus on other things.

'We had the penalty and maybe could have scored. Things could have been different. It was always going to be difficult. Now we need to move on.

'It's great being back at Old Trafford. I will always remember playing here. It's special for me.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9301923/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-praises-great-attitude-new-Manchester-United-wonderkid-Shola-Shoretire.html
Old 28-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #6
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Selamat buat Shoretire udah main di skuad utama United, baik di PL maupun di EL.
Semoga semakin berkembang dan sukses bersama Man United. Amin.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku