United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 27-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #11
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mason Will John Greenwood

Mason Greenwood puts in the extra yards as Manchester United teenager 'stays behind after training to work on his finishing technique'

* Mason Greenwood has scored two goals in his last two games for Man United
* The 17-year-old striker is often the first to arrive for training and the last to leave
* Greenwood scored against Rochdale and netted a penalty in shootout

Manchester United starlet Mason Greenwood has impressed manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer by staying behind after training to work on his finishing skills.

Greenwood has been promoted into the first team by Solskjaer and the 17-year-old is making sure he stays there by impressing the Norwegian.

The teenager has scored two goals in his last two games and is now pushing for a start against Arsenal on Monday night.

Mason Greenwood has been impressing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his coaches in training

The Sun claim Greenwood has been spending 20 minutes extra to improve his finishing in and around the penalty area.

He is also often the first to arrive for training and the last to leave as he continues to impress Solskjaer and his coaching staff.

As well as scoring in the 1-1 draw with Rochdale, Greenwood also stepped up to slot home his spot-kick in the penalty shootout.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7507051/Mason-Greenwood-puts-extra-yards-Manchester-United-teenager-stays-training.html
Old 30-09-2019, 10:39 AM   #12
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Cole hails Mason Greenwood's finishing but hopes Manchester United 'won't put too much undue pressure' on 17-year-old striker

* Andy Cole hopes Mason Greenwood won't be put under too much pressure
* The 17-year-old could start when Manchester United host Arsenal on Monday
* Cole praised Greenwood but stressed the striker shouldn't be rushed into action

Andy Cole has praised Mason Greenwood's finishing but added that he hopes that Manchester United 'won't put too much pressure' on the youngster.

Greenwood has scored for United against Astana in the Europa League and Rochdale in the Carabao Cup, and he could start against Arsenal in the Premier League on Monday night, with Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial out injured.

United legend Cole is a huge fan of Greenwood, describing his finishing as 'a joke', but is concerned that the youngster could get 'thrown in at the deep end'.

Andy Cole hopes Manchester United's Mason Greenwood isn't put under too much pressure. Former United striker Cole praised Greenwood but says he should be eased into the side. Greenwood could be given a starting berth when United host Arsenal in the Premier League

Cole told BBC Radio 5 Live (via The Sun): 'He's got a chance, he has got a chance. His finishing is a joke. Left or right foot, he's got quality in abundance.

'I just hope they won't put too much undue pressure on him. He's got great ability.

'The disappointing thing is he's going to have to get thrown in to the deep end a little bit earlier than they would have liked, due to injuries, due to them being prepared to allow Lukaku and Sanchez to go.

'They're looking at it and saying 'we've got Mason, we're going to give Marcus [Rashford] the opportunity to play centre-forward.'

Despite being just 17 years old, Greenwood has already made ten senior appearances for United and it appears that he will add considerably to that tally over the coming months.

Already capped by England at Under-21 level, much is expected of Greenwood, but the youngster seems unfazed by the pressure.

Despite also being capable of playing on the right wing, Greenwood has primarily featured up front for the senior side.

United have taken just eight points from their first six Premier League games of the season and need a victory against Arsenal to kick-start their season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7517171/Andy-Cole-hopes-Manchester-United-wont-undue-pressure-Mason-Greenwood.html
Old 19-10-2019, 01:44 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

GREENWOOD SIGNS NEW UNITED CONTRACT

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Mason Greenwood has signed a new contract, which will keep him at the club until June 2023, with the option to extend for a further year.

Greenwood, 18, is a product of the club’s famed Academy and has been at Manchester United since the age of seven.

The England Under-21 international became Manchester United’s youngest starter in the Premier League era when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer handed him his full debut against Cardiff City in May.

Mason Greenwood said:

“Having grown up as a Manchester United fan, playing for the first team is a real dream come true. I know that, when I play for this club, I represent the whole Academy and I want to repay the faith that my coaches have shown in me with my performances on the pitch.

“I am learning all the time from the manager and his coaching staff and I know that this is the perfect club to help me reach my potential.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said:

“Mason has progressed through our outstanding Academy and we are delighted with the progress he has made. At such a young age, he already has great pace and intelligence and he is such a natural finisher.

“Since he came into the first team, he has really impressed everyone with his drive and attitude. He has all the attributes to become a top player. Mason is learning every day in training and, with his work ethic, there is no doubt that he has an excellent future ahead of him.”

Greenwood is one of 12 Academy graduates who have featured in a first-team matchday squad this season.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:36 AM   #14
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Greenwood will eventually be a better goalscorer than Marcus': Paul Scholes tips Manchester United youngster for greatness… and says 18-year-old will outscore Rashford as he gets older

* Paul Scholes believes Mason Greenwood will be a top finisher as he progresses
* Greenwood opened the scoring as United face Partizan Belgrade at Old Trafford
* Rashford has impressed recently but still often misses inviting chances to score

Paul Scholes has backed Mason Greenwood to eventually become a better goalscorer than his Manchester United team-mate Marcus Rashford.

Greenwood scored his third senior goal for United in the Europa League clash at home to Partizan Belgrade on Thursday night, with the 18-year-old widely tipped for a bright future at the club.

Rashford is nearly four years older than Greenwood but the England international still lacks composure in front of goal on some occasions.

Paul Scholes believes Mason Greenwood will become a better finisher than Marcus Rashford. Scholes was full of praise for Greenwood, who put United ahead against Partizan Belgrade

Speaking on BT Sport, United legend Scholes said: 'If Marcus lacks anything it's a little bit of composure in front of goal. I think Greenwood will eventually be a better goalscorer than Marcus. But his (Rashford's) all round play has been brilliant.'

He added: 'He's probably a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer. He lacks that bit of composure but he's still a young player and I think that will come.'

Greenwood has yet to find the net in the Premier League, but he has been hugely impressive in cup competitions this season, scoring against Astana and Rochdale.

Rashford, meanwhile, has scored eight goals for United this season, which included one against Partizan in his side's 3-0 victory.

In total Rashford has mustered 53 goals in 186 appearances for United, but he has also been guilty of missing some excellent opportunities to find the net.

With Anthony Martial also at their disposal, United have some exciting attacking options, but they are still searching for consistency as a unit.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7662389/Paul-Scholes-tips-Mason-Greenwood-eventually-better-goalscorer-Marcus-Rashford.html
Old 08-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #15
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Mason Greenwood put in a coming-of-age performance at Old Trafford after turning 18... his poacher's goal against Partizan hints he could be the predator in the box Manchester United crave

* Mason Greenwood returned to the Manchester United team against Partizan
* It was the youngster's first Old Trafford match since turning 18-years-old
* Greenwood marked his coming-of-age with yet another goal for the Red Devils
* His finish hinted he could be the predator in the box which United now crave

For the first time since he turned 18, Manchester United’s highly-rated prospect Mason Greenwood was let loose at Old Trafford on Thursday night.

As a coming of age ceremony, it was impressive and the teenager underlined why his long-term future will be better-served as a natural striker rather than being stuck out on the wing.

He also made history as the youngest United player to score and assist in the same European game.

Greenwood has been tipped for years as the United youngster most likely to succeed. Yet he’s been a slow burner this season with the majority of his appearances coming off the bench and only two previous goals, against Astana and Rochdale.

Partizan Belgrade represented a step up in class for the youngster who reached his milestone birthday on October 1. And after a quiet opening in which he resembled a little boy lost on the right-hand side of a 4-2-3-1, he showed exactly why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer thinks he’s the most natural finisher at the club.

After rarely seeing the ball out wide, Greenwood drifted into his natural habitat, the penalty area, after 21 minutes to devastating effect.

After turning 18, Mason Greenwood was let loose at Old Trafford and repaid faith with a goal

Rashford’s burst of acceleration took him past two defenders before a pass into Greenwood found the youngster eight yards from goal.

He never looked like missing, inviting a Partizan defender to get closer before shifting the ball to his favoured left foot and slamming a finish past goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic.

It was his second goal in four European ties – compared to Cristiano Ronaldo’s record of just one in 29 at the start of his career – and backed up the pre-match comments of United legend Paul Scholes: ‘I think Greenwood will eventually be a better goalscorer than Marcus.’ .

In many ways, Greenwood is the reverse of Rashford, a dazzling player but a scorer of great goals rather than a great goalscorer. Rashford missed three decent chances against Partizan before hitting a sizzler in the second half to put United 3-0 ahead.

Greenwood, on the other hand, looks like someone born to score goals as a predatory centre-forward. United fans on social media compare him to Robin van Persie – a big call but one that hints at his potential.

The youngster pulled off a cool finish to slot home against Partizan and open the scoring. It was Greenwood's second goal in four European matches for Manchester United

Strikers love scoring the first goal to open up games and that’s what Greenwood provided. Once he’d put United ahead, they cantered to the victory that took them into the Europa League knockout stages.

Anthony Martial added a second goal after 34 minutes with another cute finish from a Greenwood assist. Martial, who started the game at centre-forward, rotated positions regularly with Greenwood towards the end of the first half, making it difficult for Partizan to know who they should pick up.

Greenwood also showed he can also find a pass. After 38 minutes he released Juan Mata and it was unfortunate the Spaniard slipped as he ran in on goal.

Rashford’s well-struck shot made the game totally safe for United early in the second period. Partizan responded by giving Greenwood some heavy treatment including a shoulder block from Strahinja Pavlocic. It was a compliment to the youngster.

He’ll probably revert to the bench for Sunday’s Premier League visit of Brighton. But at only 18, there are many goals ahead in the red shirt of United.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7662533/Mason-Greenwood-coming-age-performance-Old-Trafford-against-Partizan-Belgrade.html
Old 09-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

OLE STRIKING THE RIGHT BALANCE WITH GREENWOOD

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appreciates Mason Greenwood is still adapting to senior football and will continue to treat the 18-year-old carefully.

The striker opened the scoring in the 3-0 win over Partizan Belgrade to maintain his record of finding the net in each of his three first-team starts at Old Trafford.

It was another cool finish by the homegrown youngster, who has been named in the England Under-21 squad for their games against Albania and the Netherlands.

Greenwood recently signed a new contract but his development will not be rushed. He has played a couple of full games for the Under-23s and Under-21s recently, scoring in the Premier League 2 victory over Stoke City early on and bagging an injury-time winner in the Leasing.com Trophy triumph at Doncaster Rovers.

It is all part of an ongoing education for the teenager who is, of course, still eligible to play for the Under-18s and in the FA Youth Cup.

“Mason is going to have a very good career here,” predicted Ole. “Sometimes it’s not the right time to play him, sometimes he knows why he hasn’t played as much. We’re taking our time with him.

”It’s been a difficult time with Anthony [Martial] away, but to put all that weight on his shoulders wasn’t right. I think we’re finding the right balance between playing, resting him and training him. He needs to learn the man’s game because he’s going up front.

“He was in the Under-18s last season and now he’s training with the first team every day. You can’t just turn that switch off and on, you’ve got to perform every day if you’re going to be accepted in a place like this.”

The manager is not concerned that Mason's best form will probably not come for years yet and insists he will not over-expose him for any short-term gain.

“You always get assessed on results now,” he said. “But it’s the DNA of this club and it’s always been my philosophy to give young players, with the right attitude, a chance.

”If that takes a couple of years for him to really come through, it’s worth it for us. I’m managing for Manchester United, I’m not managing for me. I’m managing the way I think we can get the best out of Mason.“

Greenwood may be viewed as a centre-forward but remains a threat out on the right, ensuring he is another wide option in the 4-2-3-1 system. With Martial back to fitness, there is increased competition for places in attack but more opportunities will come for the teenager.

He came closest to scoring in last weekend's defeat at Bournemouth during his cameo appearance as a substitute, when hitting the woodwork, and hopefully his first Premier League strike is not far away.

“If he’d really stamped his authority in training every single day, he would have played every game,” admitted the boss. “As a young boy, you expect some up and downs and he’s had some downs. I think he’s on his way up again.

”He is definitely one option on the right. I rested Dan [James] tonight because he’s played too much football for my liking. Maybe Mason hasn’t played enough but I think we’ll see a top player there one day.“

www.manutd.com
Old 19-11-2019, 09:22 AM   #17
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

MASON GREENWOOD INTERVIEW: 'It has to be Rooney... hopefully I'll get to meet him one day' - Manchester United youngster reveals former England captain is his idol

* Manchester United's Mason Greenwood has long been seen as a future star
* The youngster, known for his speed, is aiming to impress for England Under 21s
* Greenwood idolises Wayne Rooney and he wants to meet the ex-United striker

It says everything about Mason Greenwood's natural athleticism that, when reminiscing about being crowned the fastest kid in the north over 100metres, he bashfully suggests running was just a hobby.

Five years have passed since he won that prize for clocking 13.2sec for Spenborough Athletics Club near his home city of Bradford. Five years of his talent being the talk of Carrington and St George's Park.

Manchester United players had been sharing YouTube videos of his academy goals way before he was introduced to the first-team environment. England have been waiting for him to come of age, with coaches enthusing about his two-footedness and the power generated when shooting.

Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood has long been seen as a potential future star. Greenwood has broken into the England Under 21 squad following his exploits for Man United

Slowly we are beginning to see more of him and these are the first steps in what is promising to be a long and prosperous career.

The 18-year-old made his full debut for England's Under 21s during the win over Albania on Friday and he is likely to feature against Holland in Tuesday night's friendly in Doetinchem.

'It was a different experience in Albania, a good one,' Greenwood says of operating from the left wing. 'I like playing different roles — anywhere across that front three — and it was a good night for me. I was a little bit unlucky when I hit the post. You've just got to keep your head then and remain focused.'

United legend Wayne Rooney is an idol of Greenwood's and he hopes to meet the striker

There is no great rush with Greenwood, which ought to aid his development.

It will be small steps for the lad who still holds the Under 11s West Yorkshire record for long jump at 4.72m, set in 2012.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been careful not to rely on someone who only turned 18 six weeks ago, while his national team manager Aidy Boothroyd stresses that he is young even for the Under 21s. But Greenwood is assured as he gives his first interview. He is clearly used to the expectation and thrives on it.

The striker, who averaged a goal a game in United's academy, says he wants to pick the brains of an idol he has surprisingly never clapped eyes on — Wayne Rooney.

'It has to be Rooney,' he says. 'The Brazilian Ronaldo, too. They've always stood out for me and I've always looked up to them. Ronaldo was quite a while ago but my dad used to show me clips of him.

'Rooney is such a great goalscorer and that is what I want to be. You have to have a role model. I've never seen him, though. I've watched his games and the highlights on YouTube. Hopefully I'll get to meet him one day.'

The prospect praised United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and says he wants to emulate him

You sense that meeting will happen soon enough, particularly given Rooney has moved back to Cheshire ahead of his new chapter with Derby. Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard have become sounding boards in the meantime.

With England, it is Phil Foden of rivals Manchester City. The pair room together and have formed a bond.

Greenwood reveals Foden, only a year his senior, has played the big brother role. They do not socialise but the friendship has blossomed on international duty.

'Phil was one of the youngest at the Euros last year, so he's been in my position and that really does help me,' Greenwood says. 'Phil's just told me to grab the chance if I get it, do the best I can.'

Rashford is another one for Greenwood to study. Now 22, he was in the same boat as Greenwood not so long ago.

However, whereas Rashford was thrown in and kept in by Louis van Gaal at United, Greenwood is being allowed to feel his way under Solskjaer.

The hugely talented youngster is edging closer to scoring his first goal for England Under 21s

'The manager is a really nice person,' Greenwood says with emphasis.

'Obviously he was a great goalscorer at United and I know about him, I've watched him. He's a great manager in my eyes. I've got so many role models around me and Marcus is another one. I just want to follow in his footsteps.'

Greenwood has enough raw talent to give him a chance. There is finessing to be done, extra sessions with Solskjaer and England, but the tools are there.

He is equally adept with either foot, although superstition dictates penalties are always taken with his right after a miss with his left against Manchester City in 2014.

Boothroyd said: 'Sometimes you look at Mason and think, "OK, what are you going to do", and then he does a bit of brilliance out of nothing.

'Unpredictability is a good word to sum him up. He's got such power.'

A first goal for the Under 21s cannot be far away for a player who has already scored three times for United this season. But there is recognition that his progress will be a marathon, not one of those 100m races he is so good at.

The sprinting stories have even grown over time. There was a suggestion by one of Greenwood's old coaches that he turned up and coasted to a 100m win without the need of a stretch beforehand.

'I prepared for the race,' he grins. 'Any spare weekends I used to do a bit. My sister Ashton used to do a lot of running, too. Obviously football took over.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7699313/Manchester-United-England-starlet-Mason-Greenwood-wants-Wayne-Rooney.html
Old 13-12-2019, 08:47 AM   #18
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He's one of the best I've seen': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer compares two-goal hero Mason Greenwood to Wayne Rooney as Owen Hargreaves waxes lyrical about Man United striker

* Manchester United beat AZ Alkmaar 4-0 in the Europa League on Thursday night
* Mason Greenwood scored two goals for United as they finished top of Group L
* The 18-year-old was excellent in the forward areas as he continues to develop

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer mentioned Mason Greenwood in the same breath as a young Wayne Rooney after the teenager inspired Manchester United's Europa League victory against AZ Alkmaar.

With progress to the knockout phase already assured, the Reds overcame a sloppy start to secure a thumping win that sealed top spot in Group L and a place among the top seeds in Monday's draw.

Greenwood was the star of the show at Old Trafford, where his fine, low strike swiftly followed Ashley Young's second-half opener.

Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood has been compared to Wayne Rooney. United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Greenwood is a natural finisher like Rooney

The 18-year-old won the penalty converted by Juan Mata, before wrapping up a comprehensive 4-0 win with another stunning strike, becoming the youngest player to score a brace for United in major European competition.

'I've probably said it all before, so it's nothing new - that's what he does,' former striker Solskjaer said of Greenwood.

'And tomorrow he'll probably go in training and score a few more. He's always done it. That's just natural for him.

'He's a natural footballer but the closer he gets to goal, the more dangerous he is.

'Right foot, left foot - nightmare probably for defenders. He needs to develop his heading then he can be a proper striker.'

Asked if he had seen anyone as good at the same age as Greenwood, who only turned 18 in October, Solskjaer said: 'I've seen a few good ones, yeah.

'I've played with Wazza myself. Obviously natural finishing, he's one of the best I've seen.'

Solskjaer was quick to point out Greenwood is a different type of player to Rooney, but just like United's all-time top scorer his potential was clear long before he turned 18.

'There was never any question of him going on loan,' the Norwegian said.

'That decision was made early on in pre-season, or even towards end of last season.

'I knew we had got a top talent there and I think this club is the best at recognising that and, for me, developing talent like this. There's no better place for him to be than here.'

Solskjaer praised Greenwood throughout United's tour of Australia and Asia, while his six-goal haul for the side this season underlined his quality - albeit just one of those have so far come in the Premier League.

'He played against Tottenham and he was class,' he said. 'I'm not afraid of playing him in the Premier League. Not at all.

'But it's about sharing the minutes and finding the right minutes for him. Of course he is ready to play in the Premier League.'

Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves hailed Greenwood's display too. Speaking as a pundit for BT Sport, Hargreaves said the striker is an 'incredible natural finisher'.

'It remains to be seen whether he'll be a wide man or a centre forward but he's certainly a talent and a very good finisher with a great touch.

Former Red Devils midfielder Owen Hargreaves lavished praised on Greenwood at full-time

'He's 18 but hes ready. Every time I see him he scores. He hits the ball so cleanly and finds the back of the net. I love watching him because he makes it look so easy

'He's got the perfect role model in [Marcus] Rashford. He can be an attacker but play off the left or right. For his age he's an incredible natural finisher. He's going to be a star no doubt.'

Solskjaer joked that Lincoln would not need to worry about Greenwood in Friday's FA Youth Cup tie having underlined his quality on a night that United started so poorly.

'There wasn't any cups flying or anything,' he said of the half-time team talk.

'We just had to get the troops together and get back to what we're good at - more aggressive, more urgency without the ball, more composure on the ball.

'We were slow off the ball first half, we were too rash with the ball, just giving the ball away.'

United blew away AZ when they belated kicked into life on Thursday, leaving head coach Arne Slot reeling.

'It's an understatement to say that we had a bad period in the second half, but maybe it shows the class of our opponents,' he said.

'The most important lesson is that it's all very well to play attractive football but you can still lose a match within a couple of minutes.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7787487/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-compares-Manchester-Uniteds-two-goal-hero-Mason-Greenwood-Wayne-Rooney.html
Old 13-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #19
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

mudah2an kontraknya jangka panjang..dan kalo ada yg beli, harga nebusnya gede..

ngeri ujung2nya akan berlabuh ke liga spanyol kaya ronaldo😆😆
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #20
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SOLSKJAER: GREENWOOD HAS A GOALSCORER'S QUICK BRAIN

Mason Greenwood is firing his way into first-team starting contention on a regular basis, as Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits the teenage hitman is compiling a goal CV he cannot ignore.

The 18-year-old came on as a substitute against Everton on Sunday, to score an important equaliser in the 1-1 Old Trafford draw.

It was Greenwood's seventh senior goal of the season and made it three in four days, following his double against AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League.

Solskjaer was a born finisher himself and Mason's hit against Everton has been compared to the manager’s winning strike in 1999, when he scored late against Liverpool in a dramatic FA Cup tie at Old Trafford that effectively set the ball rolling for the Treble success.

“Mason is different class in and around the box. You're not surprised when he scores goals,” said Ole.

“It's fitting that it should be an Academy player that scores in the 4,000th match [in a row featuring a homegrown player] and it makes it hard for me to leave him out.”

Ole's suggestion could mean that Greenwood will starting in Wednesday's Carabao Cup quarter-final against Colchester.

Solskjaer recognises that Greenwood possesses a clinical scoring talent, as he explained on Sunday.

“We wanted the ball to drop to Mason because he’s so calm and composed and when he gets a chance he takes his chances,” Ole said.

“It’s just so natural for him, he knows exactly what to do. If you open your legs, he shoots through you. If you close your legs, he shoots round you. He can go on his right or left.

“Too many chances are missed in football from strikers rushing the finish, or stressing. The best ones, they have that extra half a second and he does

“It doesn't matter who is in goal or who is he playing against. He just knows where that goal is going to end up and as I've always said before, there's no such thing as a good save, only a bad finish, and he can finish that boy.

“He's a special goalscoring talent, he's a special kid that we're going to see lots more of in the years to come.

“He's just developing and growing and improving all the time, especially in the last month or six weeks, two months. He's really taken steps forward.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
adaastopa5922, Andi Istiabudi, bbobbyitta5057, h-ANG, Hilman-Bukan-Superman, jehnzhulze7993, Legolash, m4nunited, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku