United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

View Poll Results: Your Man of The Match ?
David De Gea 3 100.00%
Jesse Lingard 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2017, 01:41 AM   #11
Zulfan
first team
-

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Zulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really nice
Visit Zulfan's Twitter

Dan pembalasan pun dimulai..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 01:55 AM   #12
Zulfan
first team
-

Zulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really nice
Visit Zulfan's Twitter

Old 03-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #13
Zulfan
first team
-

Visit Zulfan's Twitter

15 menit terakhir. Hanya Lukaku yg tersisa di depan.
Full defence.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 AM   #14
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future
Default Re: [EPL] Arsenal vs Manchester United

Dua assist brilian Pogba buyar oleh KM o'on-nya. Melihat skor dan jadwal pertandingan berikutnya level o'on-nya berlipat. Kamfret dah...

Old 03-12-2017, 06:18 AM   #15
wira_ozora
first team
To Old Trafford,,To See United

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wira_ozora has a spectacular aura aboutwira_ozora has a spectacular aura about
Visit wira_ozora's Twitter

Salah satu match tandang terbaik MU di EPL musim ini,,Alhamdulillah masih bisa menang telak walaupun sisa 10 pemain gara2 red card konyol Pogba. Lingard emang top bgd 2 GW ini...stlh gol n assist vs Watford skrg 2 gol vs Arsenal. Next week kynya Mou harus mainkan Mikhi,,cz pemain MU yg rajin assist ya Pogba sm Mikhi.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MOURINHO REACTS TO VICTORY OVER ARSENAL

It was fair to say the Manchester United manager was pleased with his troops, as Jose Mourinho described his side as “phenomenal”, “amazing” and “fantastic” after the Reds put in an impressive performance to beat Arsenal 3-1 on Saturday evening.

Antonio Valencia’s early strike and a double from Jesse Lingard, coupled with some heroic defending and terrific goalkeeping from David De Gea, ensured United came away from the Emirates Stadium with three vital points which cuts the gap at the top of the table to five points.

Read the key points from the boss in his post-match interviews with MUTV and BT Sport…

PRAISE FOR PERFORMANCE
“I thought it was a phenomenal game. I loved the way my team played and fought. But I also have to say that Arsenal played, in some periods, amazing attacking football, creating difficulties for us. But I have to say that my players deserve all the great words. I don’t know so many more in English! But amazing, phenomenal, fantastic, and deserved the three points.”

WHAT WAS THE PLAN?

“The plan was when they [Arsenal] had the ball, we all had to defend, starting with the attacking players, and when we have the ball, we had to try to counter-attack fast and try to score goals, which we did. We had the ball against the post, we had this last situation with [Romelu] Lukaku facing Petr Cech and, of course, they [Arsenal] can say they had chances but we fought and we had a great goalkeeper too and I think we deserve [the win].”

PLEASED WITH TACTICAL AWARENESS
“They [the players] had the intelligence to play tactically according to the moments of the game because the game, we started in a way and then, when [Shkodran] Mustafi comes off, they changed and we changed and then later, playing with 10 men, we had to change again so I think it was hard for the players from the mental and tactical point of the view.”

THOUGHTS ON POGBA RED CARD

“I don’t know. I’ll leave that one for you [the media]. I’ll leave for you the Lukaku situation with [Laurent] Koscielny and I’ll leave for you the Arsenal players on the grass but I’ll probably be the same because the grass is absolutely beautiful. I think there is a desire to go for the grass!”

INJURY DOUBT MATIC RECOVERS TO PLAY
“He did great work that he did in the last couple of days. Fantastic dedication from the members of the medical staff that were working with him and we managed to go from a ‘maybe’ to a ‘yes’. He was a doubt, he managed to play 90 minutes but I think the best words must go to Arsenal’s medical department because [Alexandre] Lacazette went from a ‘no’ to a ’90 minutes’ and that’s great.”

‘COMFORTABLE’ PLAYING WITH 10 MEN
“The players grew up, they understood the game better and the players understood that with one game less, it’s not about focus on pressing the man, it’s more about the zone and to create a compact block and then, yes, press the ball in these areas, so I think the team felt very comfortable and we still managed to have a situation that, maybe you can speak better than me, the situation with Lukaku with Koscielny.”

www.manutd.com
Old 04-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #17
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [EPL] Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United

The Paul Pogba effect, David de Gea's brilliance and Arsene Wenger's substitutions: Where Arsenal vs Manchester United was won and lost

* Manchester United beat Arsenal 3-1 in an epic encounter on Saturday night
* Jesse Lingard scored two as his side produced a counter-attacking masterclass
* Sportsmail takes a look at where the game was won and lost at The Emirates

Manchester United beat Arsenal 3-1 in the game of the season at The Emirates on Saturday night.

Jose Mourinho's side were in scintillating form as they produced a wonderful counter-attacking display against a frustrated Arsenal side.

Now that the dust has finally settled, Sportsmail's Amitai Winehouse takes a look at where the game was won and lost.

Defensive errors

It’s hard to recover after going two goals down in the opening 14 minutes. Arsenal were architects of their own downfall.

Why Laurent Koscielny played the loose ball he did to Sead Kolasinac only he can answer. Why Kolasinac did not realise he would not meet it and back off is another question that needs a response.

It allowed United in and Valencia took advantage with a blistering finish.

The second was just as bad. Mustafi dallied, got caught out by Jesse Lingard, and a few seconds later the ball had beaten Petr Cech.

The defender went down injured and left the pitch, which might be a caveat, but it would be a real surprise if he had gone off with anything but a case of red-face-itis.

And Koscielny failed to deal with Pogba for the third. It was not a good performance from a back three that had kept three clean sheets on the spin prior to the evening game.

Antonio Valencia (left) took advantage of sloppy Arsenal defending to score the opener

United’s front three… and Lingard’s form in London

Since the Spurs game, Arsenal have profited from high pressing and a high-tempo. It threw Mauricio Pochettino’s team.

Against United they had no hope. The trio of Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard and Romelu Lukaku made sure of that.

A caveat: Lukaku is still not playing with the same verve as he did in the first few games of the season. He seems bereft of confidence in front of goal and it is another game in which the Belgian has not bagged.

But he linked up well with the two men behind him. Lingard, in particular, looked superb at the Emirates.

Romelu Lukaku may not have scored but he linked up well with Jesse Lingard (right)

It continues an odd trend for him in London. In cup finals over the last two seasons, in the game against Chelsea last campaign and in this week’s dual-header inside the M25, he has served up capital punishment on United’s opponents.

Lingard bagged three in the two Premier League games against Watford and Arsenal. That is as many as in the previous 51 top flight appearances combined.

All three played a part in the opening two goals. Lukaku and Lingard had parts to play around Pogba’s excellent assist for the third.

Those three are currently keeping the impressive Marcus Rashford out of the team and the fit again Zlatan Ibrahimovic. That is forgetting Juan Mata and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

On the back of Saturday’s display, Mourinho would be wrong to change it up.

David de Gea’s brilliance...

Prior to Saturday, only two Premier League goalkeepers had made 14 saves in a single match - Vito Mannone for Sunderland in 2014 and Tim Krul for Newcastle in 2013. In neither case was it for a side on United’s level.

Now the Spain international has joined that select club, and playing for a team that do not usually allow the opposition 33 shots.

To sum up De Gea’s performance without implying his defence abandoned him is difficult. Only Marcos Rojo struggled. The problem was that Arsenal had creativity in abundance and kept finding ways to release players. But De Gea matched up to every single one of them. His stop from Lacazette in the first-half was sensational.

His close range double save in the second-half was even better.

There was very little he could have done about Arsenal’s goal.

You can talk about tactics all you want, but sometimes individual brilliance simply outweighs them.

If Donald Trump needs any help building his ill-conceived wall he should turn to De Gea. He seems to put one up most weeks.

David De Gea equalled the Premier League record for most saves in a game — 14

...and Arsenal’s inefficiency

The other side of De Gea’s performance was Arsenal’s weird inability to put the ball away.

Alexandre Lacazette finished a lovely chance off but it was the only time they took advantage of the opportunities offered up to them.

Opta’s Expected Goals (xG) stats after the game suggest that the chances created for Arsenal should have brought about 5.01 goals while United’s should have only resulted in 1.82.

While xG is not the be all and end all, it is a good indication of how a team played and what situations their attacking players found themselves in. And Arsenal repeatedly failed to put the ball in.

Lacazette himself missed a chance or two in the first-half. There were incidents when it was impossible to tell how the ball did not end up in the back of the United net.

De Gea was superhuman but even Superman has his kryptonite. Arsenal failed to find De Gea’s.

Counter-attacking at its finest and the Pogba effect

United were very efficient carrying the ball forward. Their third, the goal that killed the game just when it seemed Arsenal were going to draw level, was a perfect example of this.

Pogba is still underrated, and will face more criticism after his red card for his challenge on Hector Bellerin. But he is so important to how United play, as evidenced by his recent spell on the sidelines.

It was ridiculous how easily he outmuscled Koscielny when breaking forward from his own half. It made his experienced compatriot look like a kid in a playground.

Paul Pogba easily outmuscled Laurent Koscielny to set up the visitor's third goal of the game

It was obscene how easily Lingard could put away the chance Pogba served up to him. It showed off the Frenchman's own technical brilliance with the ball and his composure in telling moments.

After Saturday he has now scored four goals and assisted six more in his last nine Premier League appearances.

His side only had four shots on target. To score three, they had to absolutely nail nearly every chance they had. They did.

There was no way for Arsenal to stop United in that flow. Two early goals put them in an impossible position. Just look at the space they left whenever an attack broke down.

They had to go for it. The problem was United could blast through them at will.

Wenger’s substitutions

Arsene Wenger did a fantastic job of nullifying his own team during the last 15 minutes with his changes.

Playing a pseudo 4-2-4 after United’s second, they were flying and creating opportunity after opportunity - as alluded to by the above stats.

But once Pogba was sent off they created very little.

This was partly because of the decision to take off Sead Kolasinac. He was a useful outlet on the left in a way that Alex Iwobi, shuttled out there to accommodate what became a front six, was not.

Having a right-footed player on the left made them imbalanced and too predictable going forward.

Managers sometimes feel like they have to force the issue. Wenger would have been better off leaving it as it was.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5140847/Where-Arsenal-vs-Manchester-United-won-lost.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
adi_Giggsy, Andi Istiabudi, dhodoadrian, dwitri27, fredrian.seven, Haji Paidin, penk22_, Rean, rio vander vidic, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, zudomiriku, Zulfan