United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 03-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Donald Love

Donald Love loaned to Wigan Athletic

Manchester United Under-21 defender Donald Love has joined Wigan Athletic in a two-month loan deal.

The youngster, shortlisted for the Reserves Player of the Year award last term, often operates at right-back but has been used primarily in the middle of defence in 2015/16 by coach Warren Joyce.

Although born in Rochdale, he is a Scotland Under-21 international and was a mainstay of United's title-winning team, making 18 appearances in total.

Love will find some familiar faces at the DW Stadium as Andy Kellett and Reece James, who were colleagues at United, are already part of the squad.

Source : http://www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube
Default Donald Love

A tenacious right-back who has shown plenty of promise during his rise through the ranks.

Although born in Rochdale, he has been capped at Scotland at Under-21 level and impressed throughout 2014/15 to earn a place on the shortlist for the Denzil Haround Reserve Player of the Year award. Comfortable in the heart of defence, although preferring a full-back slot, he racked up 18 appearances in total, 14 as a starter and gained in confidence.

Love has been with the club since the tender age of seven and was watched by Sir Alex Ferguson during his days in local football. Initially making nine Under-18 appearances in 2011/12, he started to look the part in the following campaign as an accomplished performer in his position. Making 18 outings, his work in defence and linking up with the attack caught the eye and he even enjoyed the honour of scoring at Old Trafford, albeit in the defeat to Burnley in the third round of the FA Youth Cup.

After signing professional terms in 2013, Love managed eight games for the Under-21 side, five in the starting XI, and started to shine in the middle of defence as well as right-back. Injuries badly hampered his progress and he was still struggling for full fitness in the pre-season of 2014. After coming on as a substitute in the friendly win at Barnsley, he was forced to limp off but the worries seemed to be a thing of the past as he nailed down a regular place.

"Donald has been really consistent all season and has played in a variety of positions," commented Warren Joyce. "Certainly, his decision-making is getting better now and he's more confident and on the front foot. He is a very powerful and quick lad

Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Donald-Love.aspx
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube
Default Re: Donald Love

INTRODUCING: UNITED DEFENDER DONALD LOVE

Manchester United defender Donald Love spoke to ManUtd.com last year, in an interview we published on Valentine's Day 2015. Here's another chance to read it following the 21-year-old's promotion to the first-team bench for the Sunderland match...

Is it true Sir Alex Ferguson personally scouted you as a schoolboy?
Well, I was watched a couple of times by him but that’s because I played against his grandson when he was younger. I don’t know if he noticed me or not! I was already at United then anyway as I would play for my local team but train with United at weekends. I actually signed when I was seven. We had tournaments where I’d play against Egerton, the team Sir Alex’s grandson played for.

Your brother Archie is also a footballer – is there any sibling rivalry?
Yes, kind of. He’s a year older but we’ve never played against each other. We played at Northwich Town together and he came to United but was too old to sign. He was at Burnley but he has been injured and he’ll get another club soon when he gets back to fitness.

You’ve tended to play right-back but have been in the middle as well…
I’ve been playing centre-back quite a lot now. It’s different but it helps me if I go out to right-back with my defending and reading of the game. I think it gives me a chance to bring the ball out and I must stay focused. Usually, I’m quite quiet but I have to talk a lot more. I was playing with Jonny Evans and he talks a lot. He said before the game we needed to make sure we carried on talking to know where our men were and let each other know what was happening. It makes everything easier. Michael Carrick played with us at West Ham too and he’s just different class.

Where do you feel your long-term role will be?
I think if we play five at the back, I would be the right-sided centre-half. I’d rather watch that player in the first team than the wing-back because, although I think I could play there, I’m not sure wing-back would be my natural position. I could do it but I see myself as a defender first and foremost. I’ve not played in midfield too much and I might have to grow to be a centre-back. If I do, I could play there but I can definitely be part of a central three.

What does it mean to you to play for United?
There is pride whenever I pull on the shirt. I know how hard I've got to work every day and I just have to try my best. The game is changing but we have one of the best youth systems around. It’s great if homegrown lads can come through because the fans back you.

Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Feb/archive-interview-with-manchester-united-defender-donald-love-from-february-2015.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United turn to 21-year-old defender Donald Love in defeat by Sunderland... so who is the academy star?

* Donald Love has impressed for Manchester United Under 21s
* The full-back was Louis van Gaal's only defensive option on Saturday
* He was brought on after Matteo Darmian went off injured
* Love played eight times on loan at Wigan in the Championship this season

On Valentine's weekend, Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has found some room for Love in his first-team squad.

The Dutchman is not getting overly romantic though - his hand has been forced by injuries as he brought on 21-year-old defender Donald Love during defeat to Sunderland.

Love has impressed for the Under 21s this season, and could now make his United debut in the Premier League - but many fans may not know much about the youngster.

Donald Love is a regular in Manchester United's Under 21 side, and has now received a first-team call up

Despite having been at United since the age of 8, and being born in Rochdale, Love is a Scotland Under 21 international.

Naturally a full-back, although capable of playing in the heart of the defence, he played eight times for Wigan during a loan spell this season - helping his team keep a clean sheet in four of those games.

Since rejoining United in January he has been back in the reserve side - which went top of the Premier League Under 21 table this week - and was only given a first-team squad number a few days ago, after being named in the Europa League squad.

He has helped the Old Trafford second string to consecutive clean sheets this week, playing a large part in keeping Manchester City's talented youngsters quiet in the derby win on Thursday night.

The Rochdale-born Scottish defender spent time on loan at Wigan this season, playing eight games

And with no other defenders on the bench for Van Gaal's side against Sunderland, Love was called into action just three days after shutting out the noisy neighbours, replacing Matteo Darmian in the first half.

Also on the bench were James Weir, Love's captain at Under 21 level, and Will Keane, who scored five times in the 7-0 destruction of Norwich's Under 21 side last week, and came off the bench as United looked for an equaliser.

Weir is a direct-running winger with an eye for goal, while Keane, who spent time on loan at Championship Preston this season, is just beginning to rediscover his best form following an injury which looked to have ended his first-team prospects.

Van gaal has made a point of including young players in his teams this season, with starting right-back Cameron Borthwick-Jackson another academy graduate who has broken through.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3445457/Manchester-United-one-defender-bench-trip-Sunderland-academy-star-Donald-Love.html
Old 15-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Wah Donald Love sudah berlatih nih dengan tim utama United

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Donald Love: How did the youngster fare on his full Manchester United debut as Louis van Gaal's men suffer defeat by Midtyjlland?

* Donald Love made full Manchester United debut in defeat to Midtyjlland
* Injuries have forced Louis van Gaal to use the 21-year-old in defence
* Love has been with the club since eight and came on against Sunderland
* Youngster was booked on Thursday in difficult game for United

After making his first appearance for Manchester United at Sunderland last weekend – appropriately on Valentine’s Day – Donald Love was handed a full debut against Midtyjlland on Thursday night. Once again, it was a difficult occasion for the 21-year-old right-back to deputise in the absence of Matte Darmian, Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones and Ashley Young. Sportsmail assesses how Love fared in the MCH Arena.

TACKLING - Started the game well with a strong challenge that left Rilwan Hassan on his backside, much to the annoyance of the home supporters, and ended it in a similar vein in injury-time as he outmuscled the lanky substitute Paul Onuachu who had proved too much of a handful for most of his United team-mates.

Protesting his innocence the defender is shown a yellow card for a high challenge in the second-half

However, Love was guilty of youthful over-exuberance in the 59th minute when he wasted the opportunity of a shot from the edge of the area with his poor control, and was booked for a foul on Filip Novak as he tried to make amends. Portuguese referee Artur Dias needed some help to identify the culprit while Novak needed treatment. Love hurts, as they say.

ATTACKING – Got forward at every opportunity to support Jesse Lingard down the right, and can clearly offer something in this department. In the 77th minute, just before the Danes scored their second goal, he played a one-two with Martial on the edge of the box and only just failed to do the same with Lingard as the move broke down.

PASSING - Guilty of giving possession away on a few occasions, not least when he played a 40-yard pass in the 22nd minute that soared over the head of Anthony Martial and brought a disparaging look from the Frenchman. But improved as the game went on and was by no means the worst of a very bad bunch.

HEADING - Not his strong point and an early aerial duel with Martin Pusic set the tone as he was easily beaten in the air by the Midtjylland striker.

ANTICIPATION – Left as the last man when United won a corner and it backfired in the 36th minute when he somehow found himself further upfield than Vaclav Kadlec who broke away and should have scored but Sergio Romero came to the rescue with a great save.

OVERALL – 5/10. A difficult night to be making his full debut in a United side riddled with injuries. Won’t look back on the experience fondly, but was no worse than more experienced teammates who should have dealt with the occasion much better.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3453442/Donald-Love-did-youngster-fare-Manchester-United-debut-Louis-van-Gaal-s-men-suffer-defeat-Midtyjlland.html
Old 25-03-2016, 02:15 AM   #7
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

Two appearances for Manchester United won't be my last, insists Donald Love
  • The 21-year-old made his debut in 2-1 league defeat at Sunderland
  • Love also played in the Europa League defeat to FC Midtjylland
  • The defender has been at Manchester United since his was seven
Fresh faced, with a softly-spoken Mancunian accent and still living with his parents, Donald Love - the latest youngster to emerge from the Manchester United conveyor belt of talent - isn’t your average English Premier League star in the making.

But look a little closer and the innocent facade masks a steely determination to make an impact both for club and country.

When Louis van Gaal pulled Love and two other members of United’s Development squad aside and told them they’d be on the bench for the league clash at Sunderland last month, the crippling nerves that used to afflict the young right back were replaced by focus and clarity.

Donaldo Love is in the Scotland team for the European Under 21s qualifier in Angers against France

Love knew any defensive replacements would see him make his United debut since he was the only defender on the bench.

And then Matteo Darmian got injured in the first half.

Love came on and won plenty of plaudits for his display, even though United crashed to a 2-1 defeat. There was even talk of immediate promotion to Gordon Strachan’s squad.

He was named in the starting line-up for Manchester United’s next game - a Europa League clash in Denmark. But this time, although he wasn’t singled out for any particular criticism in a woeful 2-1 defeat to FC Midtjylland, the full back saw the other side of life at Old Trafford. He has yet to feature since and that is currently gnawing away at him.

But the 21-year-old, who signed for United aged seven, is determined to push on and not simply be remembered as the Scottish kid who was catapulted in from nowhere only to vanish into obscurity.

Love is fighting to get another chance.

‘It’s not really hit me yet. It’s been a bit of a whirlwind,’ said Love as he recalled his debut against Sunderland. ‘I learned a lot from it. It was a dream come true. The manager told me to go out and play like I did for the 21s. That’ s what I did and I thought we did well. But we lost the game to two set pieces. He told me after the Sunderland game I’d done well and that I was one of the better players. That gives your confidence a boost going into the next game.

‘In the Sunderland game I was surprised how comfortable I was. I was bombing forward and the winger didn’t get past me once. I just played my own game. The pace of the match didn’t bother me because our 21s coach nails fitness into us.

‘But we lost the next game and I’ve fallen out of it since then. I don’t regret anything because I did my best when I was out there. But I wanted to win.

‘The manager hasn’t spoken to me yet, but I think that’s just how he is. I think I see him how you lot see him. It’s either his way or no other way. That’ s how I think he’s always been by the sounds of it. People have taken their chances, too, so I’m waiting for another chance.’

Signed by Sir Alex Ferguson and nurtured as a youth by ex-Old Trafford youth chief and now SFA performance director Brian McClair, Love’s destiny has always been to play for United and Scotland. And there’s no doubting his commitment to the national cause, too, despite also being eligible for England.

Love recalled: ‘Sir Alex offered me my first professional contract so it’s a huge confidence boost when you get it from someone like him.

‘I went into his office and he said he was offering me a contract. It was great for him to put his faith in me, he must have seen something in me.

‘Now I want to repay him. I was at Northwich and his grandson was at Egerton and we used to play against each other.

‘Brian McClair is a club legend at Manchester United. I’ve known him ever since I went to the Carrington Training Centre.

‘When you are nine-years-old you are scared of someone like him who is a legend and you just look up to him. He had worked with the academy players for God knows how many years and that reflects just how good he is at his job.

‘And I’m totally committed to Scotland - I’ve been with Scotland since I was 16.’

Love has no fears about tonight’s European Under 21s qualifier in Angers against France and has confidence in his team-mates, like Ryan Gauld, Jason Cummings and Barrie McKay, despite playing against a multi-talented French side.

He said: ‘If we go and play the way we can, then we can beat them. Even if we come away with a point it would be okay. But the way we play I think we can go in and beat anyone.

‘The group is still open. If we get a win and then beat Northern Ireland then we’re right in it.’

The defender, who also credits Gary Caldwell as a big influence in his career for handing him his debut when he was on loan at Wigan this season, is realistic enough to know that just because he’s made his Manchester United debut, it doesn’t mean he will make another appearance any time soon.

‘I don’t want to drop out but it’s hard to establish yourself at Manchester United. This summer they could go out and spend another £300million and there’s nothing I could do about that.

‘I’m just going to try and keep pushing until the end of the season and try to become a Manchester United player. Nothing has really changed, I just go in and train as usual every day to try and impress the manager. I just do what I normally do. I live with my mum and dad about 45 minutes away from the training ground.

‘I think it will sink in soon. When the seasons ends I’ll probably look back at the season and think: ”I’ve played for Man Utd” and not a lot of people can say that.’

HTML Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3507089/Two-appearances-Manchester-United-won-t-insists-Donald-Love.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 6
alfiandrmwn, anas95, Andi Istiabudi, h-ANG, penk22_, Riskur