United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 18-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #511
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edwin van der Sar

Edwin van der Sar puts Manchester United links to bed after committing his long-term future to Ajax by penning new four-year deal as club's chief executive

* Edwin van der Sar has signed a new four-year deal as Ajax chief executive
* The 49-year-old announced the news on his Twitter on Friday afternoon
* Van der Sar had been linked with the technical director role at Old Trafford

Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar has committed his future to the club after penning a new four-year deal.

Reports in recent months had linked him with the technical director role at Manchester United – his former club.

However, the Dutchman put that speculation to bed after announcing the news of his new contract on social media.

Edwin van der Sar has signed a new four-year deal as Ajax chief executive. The 49-year-old happily announced the news on his Twitter page on Friday afternoon

'Very happy with my contract extension at this beautiful club! I started as a goalie in 1991, three years ago I became Ajax CEO,' Van der Sar wrote on Twitter.

'We've had some difficult moments, but the good times are definitely back. And of course we want more in the future!'

The 49-year-old will stay at the Eredivisie champions until 2023 after being rewarded for guiding the club back to European glory.

While the new deal does rule out a return for the time being, Van der Sar admitted he would be keen on a return to his former club – just not as a technical director.

He told Sports Illustrated last month: 'Besides my family, the wife, kids and friends etc, I have two loves in my life - Ajax, who scouted me and gave me the chance to shine in the world of football and Manchester United, who helped me to develop even at the end of my career.

'Of course i'd be interested in a position, but at first I think I need to learn a little bit more here at Ajax and develop myself even further. Let's see what the future brings, United is a fantastic club, with a great following all over the world.

Van der Sar has been Ajax's chief executive since retiring from football in 2016

'I'm the chief executive at Ajax, United are looking for a different position, a director of football, it's a different role. I know a little bit about football of course.'

Van der Sar spent six years at United after joining the club from Juventus in 2005 and won the Champions League in 2008, along with four Premier League titles.

After retiring in 2016, the former goalkeeper returned to his boyhood club Ajax and has overseen the day to day running of the club in the role of chief executive.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7690577/Edwin-van-der-Sar-commits-long-term-future-Ajax-penning-new-deal-clubs-chief-executive.html
Old 24-04-2020, 07:20 AM   #512
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Penampilan VDS pas WFH nih, hehehe..

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #513
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'It's time for him to dream on... where better to do so than in your theatre': Edwin van der Sar urges Manchester United fans to 'take care' of Donny van de Beek after £40m move as Ajax CEO gives blessing for midfielder to join his old club

* Edwin van der Sar has written to United fans after Donny van de Beek joined
* The Ajax CEO said he understood it was time for the 23-year-old star to move on
* He urged supporters to 'look after him' in an emotional message to his old side
* Director of football Marc Overmars said the midfielder 'fully deserved' the move

Manchester United legend Edwin van der Sar has penned an open letter to the club's supporters after Donny van de Beek's £40million move from Ajax.

The former goalkeeper, now CEO of the Eredivisie side, asked supporters of his old team to 'take care' of the midfielder and admitted he understood the need for him to take the next step in his career.

The Red Devils finally made their first signing of the summer on Wednesday by securing the Dutchman, who has excelled in midfield for Ajax over the last few seasons. He joined the club when he was just a child and his big move to Old Trafford continues his fairytale journey in the game.

Donny van de Beek has finally been unveiled as a United player after sealing his £40m move. Ajax CEO Edwin van der Sar wrote a letter to United fans asking them to 'take care' of him

In a statement posted on Twitter, van der Sar - who played at United for six years in a hugely successful spell - heaped praise on van der Beek and promised fans they would get an 'amazing' player who embodies the club's pride.

'Dear Manchester United fans, I hope you're doing well,' he wrote.

'It seems our paths have crossed again. One of ours is joining you this season. And like so many players before him, he's been with us since he was just a little boy.

'Shortly after his debut, he became one of our best. Especially the last couple of years were amazing. From the Europa League final (no hard feelings) to our Champions League run and winning the Dutch championship.'

The 49-year-old admitted Ajax were reluctant to part ways with van de Beek but gave his blessing for him to pursue his dreams at United having enjoyed a career there himself, and asked fans to give him their support.

'The team he was part of showed the world who we are and what Ajax stand for.

'Like you, we pride ourselves on being one of the best at developing talent and giving young players a shot at the highest level. You could say your new star is the embodiment of that pride.'

'That's one of the many reasons we don't like to see him leave, but we understand it's time for him to move on. To dream on.

He praised his impact at Ajax and promised his old side they were getting an amazing player. The 23-year-old joined Ajax as a boy and has become one of the most highly rated midfielders. Ajax director of football Marc Overmars agreed that van de Beek was 'ready for the next step'

'And where better to do so than in your theatre. Trust me, I know. Please take good care of Donny, and help him dream. Enjoy the future.'

The 23-year-old star will be hoping to emulate the success of van der Sar, who won four Premier League titles and the Champions League from 2005 and 2011 as the club's undisputed No 1.

Also giving his support for the move was Ajax Director of Football Marc Overmars, who said van de Beek was 'ready for the next step' and 'fully deserved' the move.

'This is a great transfer for Donny, one which he deserves,' the former Arsenal midfielder said.

'It's also a compliment to Ajax's youth academy, where he has played since he was 11.

'Last summer, there was a lot of interest in him but, luckily, we were able to keep him at Ajax for one more year.

'In the months that followed, he proved very valuable to us in both domestic and European competitions

'He has now been a part of the Ajax first team for almost five years. He is ready for this step and we will miss him.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8693295/Edwin-van-der-Sar-urges-Manchester-United-fans-care-Donny-van-Beek-40m-move.html
semoga VDB bisa sesukses VDS di United
Old 18-09-2020, 07:12 AM   #514
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

VAN DER SAR: UNITED KEEPERS WILL PUSH EACH OTHER

Edwin van der Sar has given his thoughts on Manchester United’s current goalkeeping situation, and feels the high quality in our ranks will help maintain standards this season.

Our former no.1, who played 266 times for the Reds, knows a thing or two about being a top stopper. During his six years at Old Trafford, the Dutchman helped the club to win 10 trophies, including four Premier League titles and, in an unforgettable 2008 final in Moscow, the UEFA Champions League.

Edwin also understands the need for competition between the sticks, and feels a bit of friendly rivalry between David De Gea, Dean Henderson, Sergio Romero and Lee Grant will benefit the team in the months to come.

“That’s what it’s always been about,” said van der Sar on competition for places, when asked about it during Wednesday’s episode of MUTV Group Chat.

“When you’re a young player, you look up to the guys who are in the first team. Then when you start training [with them] you start to challenge and start to work hard so you’re ready when that moment comes.

“When you get that chance you need to grab it. Some boys are lucky in that you might win, score or give an assist, or you might be unfortunate and lose a game and then the manager might think it’s difficult to bring you in another time.”

Edwin left United in 2011, when he announced his retirement from the professional game, and he was replaced at Old Trafford by a young man named David De Gea.

Of course, in the intervening years the Spanish keeper has established himself as one of the best in world football, something van der Sar was keen to highlight.

However, the Dutchman has also been impressed with Henderson, who returned to the club this summer after two outstanding years on loan at Sheffield United.

“Of course David has been fantastic,“ commented Edwin. ”The moment he took over [from me] he has the Player of the Year [Award] many times and he’s been amazing for the club.

“Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] will take a look at how the competition in the team is and which goalkeeper works best with the defence.

“To be fair, I was quite impressed with Dean’s rise with Sheffield, but David has been great for United. He has made some mistakes but I’ve made them myself also, every player makes mistakes.

“It’s about the moment in which you make them – are they at 0-0? Is your team bailing you out? Could a striker score an injury-time goal so the mistake you made goes into the background?

“I’m sure that David will be the force that he has been for the club and hopefully now with the investment in the right players that are coming in, it’s looking more and more like a competitive squad again to challenge for the honours. I’m sure that those two will push each other to a high level.”

www.manutd.com
Old 29-10-2020, 11:22 PM   #515
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Happy Birthday VDS !!!

Old 03-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #516
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edwin van der Sar confirms interest in replacing Ed Woodward at Manchester United as he says he ‘would not work for any other clubs’ other than the Red Devils and Ajax

* Edwin van der Sar has confirmed his interest in the Manchester United role
* But he says the club have not contract him about replacing Ed Woodward
* The ex-keeper named the Red Devils and Ajax as the only clubs he would join
* Van der Sar says it is important to have a 'special feeling' for the club he joins

Edwin van der Sar has confirmed his interest in the Manchester United role but admits he has not received any contact from the club about replacing executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Van der Sar was tipped to join the Red Devils prior to the appointment of John Murtough and Darren Fletcher as the club's football director and technical director respectively.

However, following the news of Woodward's departure in 2021, Van der Sar has stated his interest in the United role.

The former goalkeeper - who won the Champions League and four Premier League titles with United - has continually been linked with United.

Speaking of the rumours, Van der Sar told ESPN: 'It's nothing new for me, my name circulates there for a long time.'

He went on say that United was one of the only two clubs he would work for - naming Ajax as the second.

Edwin van der Sar (above) has confirmed his interest in the future Manchester United role. But he says Manchester United have not contract him about replacing Ed Woodward. Van der Sar says it is important to have a 'special feeling' for the club

Speaking about his future, he said: '[With] the work and pressure, you should have a feeling with the club. I could do the things Ronald de Boer is doing -- he works for us at Ajax and also here for you guys [ESPN]. He has more freedom than me, he has a good life.

'The pressure is different and I won't work at a club where I don't have a feeling. I could only do this for Ajax or United.

'I would not work for any other clubs. I am really happy with how we have [developed] Ajax in the last couple of years.

'We had ambitions 10 years ago to reach the top of Europe. We have reached that. We had to work really hard, we don't have a rich owner and the government didn't help us.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9534909/Edwin-van-der-Sar-confirms-replacing-Ed-Woodward-Manchester-United.html
Old 30-10-2021, 02:26 AM   #517
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Happy Birthday, Edwin !!!

Old 24-10-2022, 09:44 AM   #518
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar admits Antony's departure to Manchester United was 'a hard one to take' as he stresses that the winger should have stayed in Amsterdam for another year

* Edwin van der Sar has admitted Antony's departure was difficult to take
* Ajax tried to prevent the move but Antony eventually left for £86million
* Van der Sar feels Antony and Lisandro Martinez should have stayed another year

Ajax chief executive Edwin van der Sar has admitted that Antony's move to Manchester United was difficult to take.

The Dutch club were determined to keep hold of the winger, who went on strike in an attempt to force through a move.

Eventually Antony ended up moving to Old Trafford after an offer of £86million was made.

Ajax also lost defender Lisandro Martinez to United and van der Sar feels that both players should have stayed for another year.

As reported by The Times, Van der Sar, who played for United between 2005 and 2011, said: 'It was our opinion they should stay for another year. We gave a firm 'no' to Arsenal when they came first for Lisandro; we fought hard to keep him.

'It was [an] economic [decision] but it was a hard one to take. We knew there was interest but not at that level and it was too late to find a good replacement.

'I don't think the way [Antony] handled it was the correct one, but it's important all the players who leave Ajax have success because it reflects well on us.'

Edwin van der Sar has admitted Antony's move to Manchester United was difficult to take. Van der Sar feels that both Antony and Lisandro Martinez should have stayed for another year. Martinez and Antony have quickly established themselves as regulars in the United team. Antony spent two years at Ajax, during which he made 82 appearances and scored 25 goals

Since joining United Antony has scored five goals in 13 appearances and has adapted quickly to English football.

Martinez has also featured prominently for Erik ten Hag's side, playing 15 times.

Even without Antony and Martinez, Ajax are still top of the Eredivisie table, but the Dutch club would certainly have wanted to hold on to both players for longer.

After joining from Sao Paolo in 2020, Antony scored 25 goals in 82 games for Ajax, and won the Eredivisie title twice.

Van der Sar also praised the work that former Ajax boss ten Hag is doing at United.

Van der Sar said: 'We saw the work Erik has done when he established himself as a young coach. He's relentless, he wants to achieve as much as possible. The training exercises, the way he wants to play, it is coming into a picture.'

In addition, van der Sar, who recently signed a new contract with Ajax until 2025, played down suggestions that he could return to United.

He said: 'It's never been that close. I have a good relationship with the board and I had a fantastic six years in Manchester, but I'm not finished here yet.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11345391/Edwin-van-der-Sar-admits-Antonys-departure-Manchester-United-hard-one-take.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 84
Aan Schmeichel, Aba_MaczUnited, alfiandrmwn, altamis, Anak.Kecil, and1, Andi Istiabudi, arief rachman, arik_, arymashuda, asby_ansya, Ayunda, Blacklist7, BryantWong, cheryska, Dani, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, DeJu, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, der_emperor, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, erin, fadilbedil, Fajar_, FCR9, FirdaAnnisa, giggs26, goodfron, Haji Paidin, irfan_mancunianred, irhamutd, irwin3, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, Legolash, Mahesa_Jenar, marendraselo, marsel david, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, muhammad rere albani, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, OrangeCreativeDesign, penk22_, Pure_red, Rean, Redsbusby, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rohibur rizqi, sepatu_ancur, SHOHIBULWAFI, SR 7, stamansa, stefano_will, theater of dream, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, unreal, VaDLi, vanrayen, Victory, walikece, Waynetommy, Wengge Schmeichel, wira_ozora, yusufdian, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku