United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 02-04-2016, 10:05 PM   #21
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [Legend] Denis Law

LAW MAKES CLAIM ABOUT "FANTASTIC" CHARLTON

Denis Law believes former Reds team-mate Sir Bobby Charlton would thrive playing football in the modern era, due to the conditions of pitches today compared to the 1960s and 1970s, when they played together at Manchester United.

Law paid tribute to Sir Bobby, as the Reds prepare to honour the World Cup-winner by renaming the South Stand at Old Trafford 'The Sir Bobby Charlton Stand' on Sunday before United face Everton in the Barclays Premier League.

The Scot, who was part of the famous ‘United Trinity’, with Sir Bobby and the late George Best, praised the duo and joked about his displeasure in seeing Charlton lift the World Cup with England in 1966.

“I just wonder with the state of the football pitches today; you think of George Best playing on that, Sir Robert playing on that, they were fantastic players, well known everywhere,” Denis Law told MUTV.

“You could imagine what they would have been like today, if they’d had been playing on these pitches every week. The only time we played on a pitch like this is if we got to Wembley in a cup final, or you played an international team. But to do it every week, wow, you can’t get it into your mind. You watch players today, and fantastic players, but they’re not quite the same class as George Best and Sir Robert.

“When George came onto the scene and Bobby it was just a wonderful time for Manchester United. Sir Bobby in particular, the way he recovered from the plane crash and won the World Cup; well I wasn’t happy about him winning the World Cup, but you can’t have everything can you?! Just to play with him and against him was fantastic.”

The former Scotland international remembers playing at a time when the ball was much heavier than it is nowadays, and revealed how Charlton still managed to effortlessly strike shots with power while reminiscing on the strong connection he shared with Sir Bobby on the pitch.

“Sir Robert was fantastic, he could hit some ball for a goal," he added. "30 yards out! I would never even think of it, I wouldn’t even reach the penalty area. Sir Robert had probably one of the strongest shots in the game at that particular time, with that ball and the boots.

“What a fantastic player, a wonderful player. What a crosser of the ball, when Bobby was on that left wing in particular, he knew where I would be; I wasn’t at the far post, mainly the near post. I would nip in, be lucky and score. So we knew each other’s game.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/History/Thank-You-Sir-Bobby-Charlton/Thank-You-Sir-Bobby-News-And-Features/2016/Apr/denis-law-says-sir-bobby-charlton-would-have-thrived-in-the-modern-era.aspx
Old 24-08-2016, 06:45 AM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Semoga sang legenda hidup United ini lekas pulih dan sembuh

Man Utd legend Denis Law rushed to hospital after collapsing at airport before family holiday
legend Denis Law is recovering after collapsing at Manchester Airport moments before jetting off on a family holiday.

Law and his wife, Diana, were about to fly to Menorca on Saturday when he fell unwell.

Doctors at Trafford General Hospital say the 76-year-old's sudden turn was due to a vasovagal condition, a sudden loss of blood to the head that causes fainting.

Now recovering at home, Law - who beat prostate cancer in 2003 - told The Sun about the scare and how he hopes to resume his holiday soon.

"I went white and did not feel well at all. The next thing I *collapsed while in my seat.

"I feel better now, but I’m having tests as it’s happened a few times in the past few years.

"It’s not pleasant, one time I thought I’d snuffed it."

Law struck 236 goals in 404 appearances in a glittering career for Manchester United that included winning the 1968 European Cup.

He was awarded a CBE earlier this year for his services to football and charities Cancer UK and Meningitis Now.

After receiving his award, he joked about discussing Aston Villa's plight with the Duke of Cambridge.

“The conversation was a bit short as they are bottom of the league and things are not going well but the thing is, when you’re a supporter you will support your team wherever they are. So I was glad that he supports them, because that’s his team."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 04:59 AM   #23
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Lebih baik terlambat mengucapkan sehari daripada tidak sama sekali. Selamat ultah untuk salah satu legenda hidup Manchester United yang juga "United Trinity", Denis Law CBE. Semoga selalu sehat, panjang umur dan kelak berkesempatan menginjakkan kakinya di Indonesia

Old 16-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United legend Denis Law given freedom of home city Aberdeen

* Denis Law played 404 times for Manchester United over an 11-year period
* He retired in 1974 and has been awarded the freedom of home city Aberdeen
* Councillors voted on a motion on Wednesday to bestow city's highest award
* Law says he is delighted and it 'means a great deal' to him to receive the honour

Denis Law is to be given the freedom of his home city Aberdeen, council officials have revealed.

The former Scotland and Manchester United player said he is 'delighted and honoured', and will receive the award in a ceremony later this year.

Aberdeen councillors voted on a motion on Wednesday to bestow its highest award.

The motion read: 'That this council confer the freedom of the city upon Denis Law CBE in recognition of his outstanding career as a world-renowned footballer, his dedication to charitable endeavour and his commitment to community sport in Aberdeen.'

The 77-year-old never played for Aberdeen but said the city has a 'huge place in my heart'.

Manchester United hero Denis Law has been awarded the freedom of the city of Aberdeen

At Manchester United he was part of the so-called 'Holy Trinity' with George Best and Sir Bobby Charlton.

He also played for Manchester City, Huddersfield and Torino during his career, and was named European Footballer of the Year in 1964.

Law was capped 55 times for Scotland and is the country's joint-highest scorer with Kenny Dalglish on 30 goals.

He said: 'I'm so delighted to be honoured by my home city, it's a huge privilege and it means a great deal to me and to the rest of my family.

'I try to get back to Aberdeen as often as I can - the people and the football club have a huge place in my heart.

'I'm an Aberdeen supporter through and through, and I'm really looking forward to being back in the city later in the year to receive the award.'

Former Aberdeen and Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is another recent recipient of the award.

Aberdeen Lord Provost George Adam said: 'Denis is not only a great ambassador for the city, he also supports an enormous amount of work in the local community and is involved in a number of charitable causes.

'This award is in recognition of his fantastic career, a celebration of his commitment to his home city and a huge 'thank you' from everyone in Aberdeen.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4317184/Manchester-United-hero-Denis-Law-given-freedom-Aberdeen.html
Old 10-06-2017, 01:45 AM   #25
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Kata Denis Law tentang Griezmann, Rooney, dan Rashford
Kris Fathoni W - detikSport

Manchester - Bomber legendaris Manchester United Denis Law bicara mengenai lini depan The Red Devils, mulai dari kans menggaet Antoine Griezmann, kontribusi Wayne Rooney dan masa depan Marcus Rashford.

Pada masa jayanya dulu Law, yang mencetak tak kurang dari 237 gol semasa membela MU, dikenal sebagai "Trinitas United" dalam kiprahnya bersama George Best dan Bobby Charlton. Torehan 46 golnya dalam semusim juga masih jadi rekor The Red Devils.

Dengan skuat Jose Mourinho di musim 2016-17 lalu disoroti secara khusus karena produktivitas yang relatif minim, Law pun terus memantau perkembangan terkait lini depan MU untuk menghadapi musim depan secara khusus mengenai Griezmann.

"Ketika Anda mendapatkan seorang penyerang ternama Anda berharap ia akan mencetak banyak gol dan ia (Griezmann) merupakan seorang pemain yang sangat bagus. Saya yakin mereka (pihak klub) akan memperkuat area itu dan tahu apa yang diperlukan," kata Law di Mirror.co.uk.

"Jose akan tahu apa yang ia butuhkan dan saya yakin ia akan mendapatkannya. Saya ingat Bill Shankly ketika saya masih jadi pemain muda dan filosofinya adalah merapatkan pertahanan dan tak kebobolan. Tapi di sektor ujung (lini depan) harus ada pemain-pemain yang bisa mencetak gol.

"Diawali dengan pertahanan rapat dan kemudian para pemain depan mencetak gol. Ada persaingan ketat untuk mendapatkan pencetak gol terbaik dan uang banyak harus dikeluarkan, yang sedang mereka (MU) coba lakukan. Akan jadi bonus kalau kami bisa mendapatkan salah satu pemain muda klub menembus tim inti," sebutnya.

Law kemudian membahas soal Rooney, kapten MU yang sepanjang musim 2016-17 mulai kurang dapat kesempatan tampil reguler. Masa depannya di Old Trafford pun terus saja dispekulasikan.

Di sisi lain ada sosok Rashford, penyerang muda MU yang sudah digadang-gadang sebagai pemain masa depan berkat sepak terjangnya di tim senior sejauh ini kendatipun baru berusia 19 tahun.

"Ia (Rooney) sudah menjadi seorang pemain hebat buat klub dan akan menjadi sebuah hari menyedihkan jika ia memutuskan untuk pergi. Ia merupakan seorang pemain luar biasa untuk Manchester United dan terserah kepadanya untuk melakukan apa yang ia mau," ujar Law.

"Saya mendoakan Marcus yang terbaik untuk masa depan. Tak diragukan lagi ia terlihat seperti sudah ada di posisinya sekarang selama bertahun-tahun. Fakta bahwa ia sudah ditarik dari tim nasional Inggris U-21 dan kini jadi pemain reguler di tim senior Inggris sudah tak bisa didebat," tuturnya.
Old 25-06-2017, 12:35 AM   #26
Andi Istiabudi
manager

LAW NEW TO FOOTBALL MUSEUM WALK OF FAME

Manchester United legend Denis Law was inducted into the National Football Museum Walk of Fame earlier this week, together with four other iconic figures from the beautiful game.

The Lawman’s iconic career has been recognised alongside Alfredo Di Stefano, Eusebio, Jimmy Greaves and Paolo Maldini, with a plaque being laid in Cathedral Gardens, Manchester.

Our 1968 European Cup winner scored 237 goals in 404 Reds appearances across two separate spells at Old Trafford, while also playing professionally for Huddersfield Town, Torino and Manchester City. He also remains the only Scotsman to ever win the Ballon D’Or award, given to the world’s best player.

Law spoke to MUTV about joining the prestigious group of footballers on the Walk of Fame, saying: “I think it is lovely, absolutely lovely. Probably, more than anything, of the five people who have been rewarded today, one of them is my favourite player of all time in Alfredo Di Stefano.

"The second one was Jimmy Greaves, who was my favourite goalscorer of all time, so to be among those two people, and of course Eusebio and Maldini, cannot be any better.”

Paul Trevillion, whose illustrations will be familiar to football fans thanks to comic book Roy of The Rovers, created the portraits for the Walk of Fame plaques. He said: "Denis Law is one of the greatest footballers to come from Great Britain and deserves to be alongside global greats like Di Stefano and Eusebio."

www.manutd.com
Old 19-08-2018, 11:50 PM   #27
Andi Istiabudi
manager

As far as star signings go, they didn’t get much bigger than Denis Law, when he arrived at Manchester United from Torino in 1962.

He was a stunning purchase, ensuring Matt Busby’s Reds were the envy of most other clubs. For the Scotland striker was a world-class talent at 22, and ready to give his very best years to the club.

The short spell in Italy may have only spanned 27 Serie A matches but it had taught him plenty about the game, learning to deal with suffocating marking from defenders and forcing him to work harder to find space.

Law may have confessed to not even particularly enjoying being a centre-forward but he was exceptionally good at it, deemed by many observers to be the most natural finisher ever seen at Old Trafford, and this was a signing to stir the senses of every Reds fan.

”In Italy, they kicked us a lot,” he once told ManUtd.com. “It was a different game really in Italy to what it was here. They marked much more tightly, people were walking with you wherever you went, and you didn’t get that in England. There wasn’t actual man-marking, that came in a bit later.

”Even though I’d only had a year there, when I came back to United, I didn’t feel I was being marked by anybody! Freedom! Say, if Torino were playing AC Milan, we would be marking them with two players on each striker. That was the game and it was the same with the opposition on us. So, when I came back here, it felt like I wasn’t being marked at all and I had so much free space!

”I didn’t enjoy the football but I learned a great deal, like how to get away from people. In Italy, whoever scored the first goal, won the game basically because then they closed it down. That was catenaccio [door-bolt, the name for the defensive system then employed in Serie A]. Bomp!”

”So it was just nice to get back. I enjoyed a lot of stuff in Italy, loved much of it, but the football was awful. I was just getting kicked all over the place.“

Law was yearning for a move back to England but the deal was protracted and took some negotiation to get over the line before Sir Matt Busby got his way and sealed the capture of his fellow Scot. Once the record move was announced, it was just a case of eagerly awaiting his first appearance for his new team.

Making the most of his new-found freedom in Manchester, he took just seven minutes to open his account on his debut against West Brom, 56 years ago today [Saturday]. Over 51,000 were at Old Trafford to witness the 2-2 draw and, more importantly, the start of one of the most legendary careers in our history.

It was the first of 237 goals in United colours, from 404 appearances and, if you speak to any Red of a certain age, they will go dewy eyed when reliving the marvellous memories of watching Law terrorise defences, the epitome of cool and the sort of guy schoolboys would look to imitate in the playground.

The man himself is remarkably humble considering his elevated status within the game and always keen to stress the importance of his team-mates in helping him shine in attack. “The game becomes easy when you’re playing with great players like Sir Robert [Charlton], George Best and Pat Crerand,” Law told ManUtd.com. “It was a lovely time for me. The club was just recovering from the disaster at Munich and Sir Matt was rebuilding the team. It was really nice to play with these guys.

”When you play with great players like that the game does not become easy but it is easier. I was very fortunate to play alongside some of the greatest players in the world at that particular time, and for probably the greatest manager in the world, so I’ve been very lucky.

“I just enjoyed playing football and being here at Manchester United and the fans were great.”

Denis Law – a true legend and undoubtedly one of the finest signings in the history of the club.

www.manutd.com
Old 17-11-2018, 02:38 AM   #28
Andi Istiabudi
manager

LAW: WHAT SIR MATT TOLD US IN TEAM TALKS

The Manchester United Disabled Supporters Association enjoyed a memorable few days recently, with their annual gala dinner held at Old Trafford graced by the company of special guest Denis Law, followed by a visit to the Aon Training Centre to enjoy a meet and greet with the current first-team squad.

That day selected MUDSA members met up with the legendary Lawman again, and listened to a Q&A in the company of MUTV’s Mark Sullivan and former kitman Albert Morgan, where Denis shared some fascinating insights into life under Sir Matt Busby. Here are some highlights from that conversation…

Denis, what was it like when you joined this fantastic club as part of Sir Matt Busby’s rebuilding process, four years after the tragedy in Munich?
“Well, I already knew the area of Manchester because I’d already been with the ‘other team’ for a wee while! I knew Sir Matt Busby because he was the manager of Scotland as well and he selected me to play for the national team when I was only 18. I went to Italy to play for Torino, and then came home to play in a Scotland friendly. Sir Matt Busby said to me, “How’s it going in Italy?” I replied “Not very good… the football’s rubbish!” He just said “Okay…” and that was it, a couple of months later he brought me back. I knew I was coming back to help start the recovery of Manchester United after the crash, which was just such a terrible tragedy. And of course, there was a young player in the team called George Best, so it was just fantastic to come back here.”

Just a year after joining you got to Wembley and won the FA Cup against Leicester… was that the springboard for further success?
“Well, that was the beginning of the revival of Manchester United. Don’t forget that back then the FA Cup was a huge trophy to win. I think it was every footballer’s ambition to play in a Cup final at Wembley. For Sir Matt Busby to win that Cup, not that long after the Munich Air Disaster, it was a fantastic start to a few seasons when United would make a terrific recovery.”

There was such a fantastic team in the Sixties and there were three European Footballers of the Year in there with yourself, George and Sir Bobby Charlton. Did that make the game easier that you were playing with such fantastic players?
“Absolutely – the better the players you’re playing alongside, the easier the game is. But without the rest of the guys, you wouldn’t have a team, and that’s what Sir Matt Busby had as a manager. He had a team. Alright, the goalscorers may get the most coverage, but without the rest of the team you wouldn’t be able to do things. You’d need a good goalkeeper, you’d need defenders and midfield players… Nobby Stiles for example… I wouldn’t have liked to have played against him! So it was a team job, and that’s what Matt Busby did. He made it a team, not just individuals, and a team that went on to win quite a few things.”

You won the league a couple of times and then in 1967 you entered the European Cup again, which was Sir Matt’s holy grail. At the beginning of that season, what was spoken about in the dressing room - was all the focus on the European Cup, because Celtic had just won it in ‘67?
“Of course, it was a Scottish team that was the first in Britain to win the European Cup, as I often reminded people down here! But we had a fantastic manager, and the way that we played football, Sir Matt wanted the team to attack and give the crowd something to cheer about, to entertain the people, and that’s what we tried to do.”

What was a typical Sir Matt team talk like?

“It was probably a few words like ‘Go out and kill them!’ it was something like that... there was no team talk or anything, the players knew what they had to do, so we just had to go out and do it. And the thing is, no matter how the game was going or what the score was, we’d never give up until the referee blew that final whistle. That is what we did every single time, and if we scored a couple of goals, we’d want to go and get another goal, and another goal. It didn’t matter what the score was, as long as you battle for 90 minutes… I don’t care who you’re playing, if you don’t battle, you’ll get turned over by any team, it doesn’t matter what division they’re in. As long as you battle, you’re in with a chance.”

www.manutd.com
Old 22-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Old 24-02-2019, 11:42 PM   #30
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Wish you all the best, Denis

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 19
alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, bucay deathbat, Deddy Hernandez, egata, fajrinited, Gustar_UIBontang, icalace, NdeGue, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, UNITED1878, vankyoet, wira_ozora, zudomiriku