United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 AM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Juan Sebastian 'Seba' Veron

VERON'S DELIGHT AT OLD TRAFFORD RETURN

Juan Sebastian Veron is set to make his first appearance at Old Trafford since leaving Manchester United, when he returns to the Theatre of Dreams for Sunday’s star-studded Soccer Aid for Unicef charity match.

Veron joined the Reds from Lazio in 2001, for a then club-record fee, and went on to make 82 appearances and score 11 goals. Most notably, he was part of the 2002/03 title-winning side that wrested the Premier League crown back from Arsenal.

The Argentinian midfielder departed that summer to join Chelsea, but he remains a popular figure among United fans, who often sing one of several songs concocted in his honour at away games.

Now, the man dubbed ‘The Little Witch’ has been coaxed back, to represent the Rest of the World team at the sixth iteration of Soccer Aid. Veron will pit his wits against Sam Allardyce’s England outfit alongside former United stars Jaap Stam and Edwin van der Sar and a host of celebrities, including sprint great Usain Bolt. If that were not enticing enough, United icon Eric Cantona will feature on the Rest of the World bench, as assistant manager to Harry Redknapp.

“Firstly, I’m very excited to be back,” said Veron. “This is the first time I’ve been back since I left. I have the best memories of the team, the people, the fans, everything about United… I had two fantastic years in Manchester. It feels so good to be here again.”

Our former no.4 scored his first United goal at the venue for Sunday's match during a 4-1 demolition of Everton in September 2001, adding an emphatic finish to a crisp give-and-go with midfield colleague Roy Keane. His man-of-the-match display that Saturday afternoon featured an array of flicks, deft passes and clever movement that had a home crowd already accustomed to the delightful wiles of Giggs, Beckham and Scholes purring in admiration.

“My favourite goal was my first against Everton,” admits Seba. “But my favourite game was against Arsenal when we won 2-0 [in December 2002]. They are my two best memories.”

Veron converted a Paul Scholes cutback to net the Reds’ opener in that vital win against the Gunners, helping to reduce the Londoners’ advantage at the top of the table to just three points. United won 15 and lost none of their last 18 matches and sealed the title over Arsene Wenger’s side by five points.

It was the Argentina international’s final campaign in M16, but he left behind a highlights reel that can still stir the soul of any United fan that lived through that era; memories that will be revived when Veron takes to the hallowed turf once again in Sunday’s match.

The stadium is doubly special to the Veron family, because Juan's father, Juan Ramon Veron, scored the decisive goal for Estuadiantes at Old Trafford in 1968, as the La Plata club claimed the Intercontinental Cup following a 2-1 aggregate victory over United across two hot-tempered legs.

Sunday’s match is unlikely to prove as fiery, but for the ex-United star, Soccer Aid is something to cherish.

“It’s been fantastic. We are all here for a great cause to help the children and then it’s so nice to meet up with some old pals. The celebrities are good people and they’ve been working hard in training. We have a good team and we are feeling good about the game.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MARCOS ROJO: HOW SEBA VERON CHANGED MY LIFE

One night in 2010, the whole Estudiantes squad was driving to one of Seba Veron’s houses for a team dinner.

But not me.

I was about to get in my car to set off for the dinner when Seba stopped me.

“No, no. Come with me,” he said.

At the time, there was talk of me having an offer to leave Argentina and play in Russia, and he wanted to talk to me about it. This was Seba Veron. My hero. Everybody’s hero at Estudiantes.

So I got in his car and we talked. And talked.

The whole way to his house, we chatted. He told me that it was an opportunity for me to grow as a player, as a person, to learn new things and live in a different culture. And without a doubt it would also be to help my family.

Playing in Argentina, I would be able to help my family, but playing overseas, the South American player makes a bigger difference and he made me see that. He told me that it wasn’t easy because he played in Europe for 10 years and he missed his family and his friends, but that it was a sacrifice that would make me grow as a player.

This meant a lot to me.

I went to Russia. When Seba tells you something, you listen. He is the most important player in Estudiantes’ history, after all.

He has always been an example for me. I was an Estudiantes fan as a kid. When I was young I would watch him play for United, when he played in Europe, and I still remember watching him play in a Champions League match against Real Madrid. He set up a goal and United won 4-3, so that’s one of the matches that really stand out, but I watched him a lot.

It was a shame that things didn’t really work out for him at United, but it did mean that he eventually ended up back at Estudiantes, the club he started out at, for a second spell.

By that time I was also a player in the youth team, around 16 years old, and it lifted the whole club to have him back. At that point, the club always sat in the middle of the standings. We were an ordinary club in Argentina. And when he arrived, it was incredible to see how he raised the level of the players, and how he raised the club’s level as well. He revolutionised the whole club.

I started training with the first team when I was 17 or 18, and it was an incredible experience. My first ever training session with the first team… I could never forget the feeling of that moment anyway, when I used to go watch every single game at the stadium as an Estudiantes fan… but to see Seba there, to share a football field with him and run alongside him, it was just incredible. Incredible.

Firstly because of his quality as a player, but also his quality as a person, seeing him after he spent so many years in Europe. His mentality and his way of thinking was different. It wasn’t usual to see that in Argentina. To see how he would think and play every game, it was a lesson for us every day.

Everyone regarded Seba as a club legend. It was noticeable. When he was around, the environment was different. When you’re young and you’re with other young players, you’re joking around and playing, but when he would arrive everyone would shut up. You could see the respect everyone had for him. He didn’t have to say a word; his presence was good enough to change everything.

Of course, he could – and would – speak. He was everything at once: he was a leader and a dominant figure. If things didn’t go the right way, he would get mad. He always set an example. He was the one who would train more, the one who would work the hardest during games. That’s why he would get mad if things didn’t go the right way or when some players didn’t play their best. I think that made everyone raise their level of play. He was always there, on top of everyone at training, screaming, supporting and trying to get the best out of every player. I think that’s what made the team grow so much.

I believe that when he arrived he was about 31 years old, and he was in excellent shape. He was fast, he was precise and was one of the best players in every single game. His personality always stood out, as well as his tactical ability to manage games. His technical ability to hit the ball was outstanding.

He would see the game differently to everybody else. He had a calmer view of the game. When everyone was going loco, running up and down, he was always a step ahead. He controlled the ball very well, and his best attribute was his passing. His through balls, his crossing and switching of the ball were what made him stand out. Oh, and his ability to shoot from outside the box. If he ever had open space to shoot, his chances of scoring were very high.

He was our captain and he was always a role model for all of us. He was an excellent and positive leader for all the players. I was a fan of the club and to see that a player of his quality and worldwide fame wanted to come back to Estudiantes to play for his club, his home, that motivated a lot of young players to try to imitate him.

I always tried to follow and imitate him.

I still do. I try to do everything I learned playing alongside him.

Before Seba’s arrival, Estudiantes were just a normal team. With his arrival everything was strengthened. We won championships, played finals, won the Copa Libertadores; a lot of things that in the past would have been so difficult to achieve, but after his arrival, anything seemed possible.

Of course, the fans loved him. It was incredible to see that love. It was so hard for him to leave his house because even at the training facility or the stadium, so many fans would wait to ask him for photos and autographs. Everyone was always after him. In Argentina people are crazy for football, they want to take pictures with their idols all day, and they could be outside his house all day waiting for him to leave.

Nowadays he is president of the club and he is running Estudiantes very well, so the fans love him even more. It is one of the biggest clubs in Argentina now and the team has a new stadium. Previously, we never had our own stadium - we were always tenants – but he fixed that. Without a doubt for everyone and for myself, he’s one of the most important people in the club’s history. He will be a legend forever for Estudiantes de la Plata.

In fact, he was even playing a year ago, at 41, because of a promise he made to the supporters as president. Argentinian football clubs always need money, so he promised that, if the club sold a certain amount of box seats in the new stadium, he would play again.

They did, so he did.

No surprise either, he did it very well. With his age it’s a bit more difficult for him to run next to the young players, of course, but he still has the technique. He still has the magic.

I’m in constant communication with Seba, sending him messages or chatting over the phone. And every time I’m back in Argentina on holiday or with the national team I try to stop by at Estudiantes, to say hello to my former teammates, to say hello to everyone who works there and he is always there. He’s always there to tell me something and offer advice.

Of course, I speak with him about United.

I know he still regrets leaving United.

He was only here for two years, but he also arrived in a time when the club had great players playing his position, so that made it hard for him and he took the decision to leave. He always spoke great things to me about this club.

When Seba heard that I might be coming to Manchester in 2014, he called me and asked me if I would be signing or not. When I told him yes, that everything was all set, he told me I had made an excellent decision, that it was without a doubt, for him, one of the best clubs in the world.

He recommended where I should live: where he lived. He told me: ‘Look for a house here, it’s close to training and it’s a quiet neighbourhood,’ so he offered me advice given he already knew the city. He was very happy with my move to United.

Sometimes it crosses my mind, the fact that my career is similar to his. I left Estudiantes, moved to a small club in Europe and I have grown little by little. Playing for the Argentina national team, playing at a World Cup, and to now play for what I think is the best club in the world, without a doubt I think my career has similarities to his.

I hope that I have a lot more trophies to come and that, one day, my career can be as good as his.

www.manutd.com
Old 17-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

HOW JUAN SEBA VERON WAS BORN INTO THE BEAUTIFUL GAME

Maybe Juan Sebastian Veron was always destined to become a name famous to football fans throughout the world.

The midfield maverick was the Premier League’s record buy when signing for Manchester United in 2001, a bona-fide Serie A superstar who had sparkled with Lazio and helped them win the Scudetto a year earlier.

Everybody was excited by the Argentinian’s arrival and he retains a special affection among the club’s support, even though he was unable to consistently show his best form when attempting to adapt to the league, and was sold to Chelsea a couple of years later.

The feeling is clearly mutual, as a very special visitor to Old Trafford recently confirmed to ManUtd.com.

Juan Ramon Veron - Seba's father - appeared at the Theatre of Dreams in September and it was also much more tranquil than his own famous outing on the pitch some 50 years ago, in 1968, when the South American side Estudiantes beat Matt Busby’s team to win the Intercontinental Cup.

We were there to share the moment with Veron Snr, La Bruja (‘The Witch’), in addition to some of his former Estudiantes colleagues and United great Paddy Crerand. And he revealed a special story about the birth of a man who, like Paddy, would go on to grace United’s no.4 shirt.

Seba entered this world on 9 March 1975, when his father was knocking in the goals for Estudiantes. His son’s entrance clashed with a big date for the club – a local derby with Gimnasia and this is where Carlos Bilardo comes into the picture.

Bilardo would go on to coach Argentina’s World Cup winning-team in 1986 and decided to take matters into his hands by keeping things secret. “The story is 100 per cent true,” Juan Ramon told us. “The night before the derby, a phone call was received saying Sebastian had arrived. Bilardo was not playing but he took the call. He just didn’t pass on the message, which would have allowed me to leave. No, he didn’t tell me. I scored and it was my last game of that spell for the club.”

It soon became clear the schoolboy Veron would share his father’s passion for the game – and his talent. “He stayed in the camp, at training, with us and he was a little mascot,” recalled Juan Ramon.

“As a father, I always wanted Sebastian to be fulfilled, with his own choices. But I realised that he had the touch and Mr [Eduardo] Flores was one of his early coaches in the beginning and he could see he was a different footballer. Something special.”

Veron would occasionally travel to England to watch his son perform for United and there were memorable highs – a goal in the incredible comeback at Tottenham Hotspur and virtuoso displays against Derby County, and Everton, among them. Nobody would ever doubt the Argentinian’s class.

”It’s always nice to remember those days,” said Juan Ramon. “Sebastian also says, to this day, that Manchester was really important for him. Everyone was very kind to him here – when he was a player and every time he has since come back, by himself or with the family. He also told us, when he came a few months ago for Soccer Aid, the charity match, that it just feels like home. Certainly, every time I visited to see Juan playing, everybody from United’s side was very welcoming.”

Veron is still deeply involved in the game, working tirelessly as Estudiantes president – a job that prevented him from making his planned journey with his father and some of the 1968 squad to the North West of England.

His own teenage son, Deian, is currently making his way in the club's Reserves, continuing the family tradition. We will all remember Seba's legacy as an elegant midfield playmaker but the last word belongs to his father.

”There was no pressure on him,” said Veron Senior. “Because we played in different positions. So there wasn’t competition between father and son. I was a striker.” He laughs. “And I was better!”

www.manutd.com
Old 19-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #14
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Veron: Mourinho Masih Butuh Waktu untuk Stabilkan MU
Rifqi Ardita Widianto - detikSport

Jakarta - Manchester United malah inkonsisten di tahun ini, setelah finis kedua di Premier League musim lalu. Jose Mourinho masih belum mendapatkan formula yang pas.

MU tercecer dalam persaingan gelar Premier League musim ini. Dari 12 pekan yang sudah berlangsung, 'Setan Merah' tertinggal di posisi delapan dengan 20 poin.

Skuat besutan Mourinho sudah 12 poin di belakang Manchester City di puncak klasemen. Mereka juga tujuh poin dari Tottenham Hotspur di posisi empat yang jadi batas zona Liga Champions.

Padahal musim lalu MU sudah tampil cukup oke dengan finis kedua di liga. Hasil itu diyakini bakal jadi momentum, terlebih di musim sebelumnya Mourinho sudah berhasil membawa mereka memenangi Liga Europa dan Piala Liga Inggris.

Mantan gelandang MU Juan Sebastian Veron menilai beban selepas kepergian Sir Alex Ferguson begitu berat untuk klub, khususnya kepada manajer. Tapi dia yakin Mourinho masih sosok yang tepat untuk mengembalik MU ke kejayaan, selama diberi waktu dan kepercayaan yang dibutuhkan.

"Kepergian Ferguson benar-benar berdampak buruk untuk mereka. Mereka belum mampu menemukan pijakan sampai sekarang, dengan sudah mencoba sejumlah perubahan," ujar Veron dikutip AS.

"Tapi mereka adalah klub besar, jadi semoga mereka menemukan ide sepakbola yang diinginkan ke depannya. Mourinho adalah manjaer yang bagus. Menurut saya, dia sungguh bagus."

"Mungkin dia bisa jadi sosok yang tepat, tapi setelah semua yang diraih Ferguson di klub, dia akan butuh sedikit waktu untuk menerapkan ide sepakbolanya," tambahnya.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #15
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I shouldn't have gone to Chelsea': Juan Sebastian Veron admits regret at quitting Manchester United for Blues and 'wishes he could have stayed longer' under Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford - even though he flopped at BOTH clubs!

* Juan Sebastian Veron signed for Manchester United in 2001 to much fanfare
* Argentinian struggled for consistency under Sir Alex Ferguson after bright start
* He left the club and joined Chelsea but now admits he regrets that decision
* He said: 'I wish I could have stayed at United, I could have done it differently'

Argentina legend Juan Sebastian Veron has admitted his great regret at leaving Manchester United to join Chelsea.

The former midfielder arrived at Old Trafford in 2001 having signed for Sir Alex Ferguson's side from Lazio with a huge weight of expectation on his shoulders.

But Veron struggled for consistency despite making a bright start at his new club and ended up joining the Blues in 2003.

He opened up on that decision, which he reflects was a mistake, telling FourFourTwo: 'I felt that going to Chelsea could have been a good chance for me to get a longer sequence of matches, but I shouldn’t have gone there.

Juan Sebastian Veron, admits now that he regrets leaving Manchester United. Veron joined Chelsea from United but only made seven appearances for the Blues

'I don’t say that because of Chelsea, though. It’s nice to have a club wanting to sign you, excited that you can do something for them. To make an investment like that, the club has to believe in you and trust you.

'I actually found it tougher to live in London than Manchester because I’m from La Plata, which is quite a small city. I wish I could have stayed at United longer, as I believe I could have done things differently.

'If I'd stayed in Manchester, I think I would have had more continuity on the pitch.'

Veron was staunchly defended by Ferguson at United when he came in for criticism, with the manager even telling reporters: 'He’s a f***ing great player... youse are all f***ing idiots.'

Veron established himself at Lazio and much was expected of him in the Premier League

But he failed to break into the well established midfield of Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and David Beckham with any real consistency.

Given more time to work under Ferguson, Veron feels he could have made the grade but confesses the lack of stability made life tough.

He added: 'He (Ferguson) was so demanding with everybody. If you couldn’t keep up, it was clear you would have to look elsewhere. He was always forthright with me, but he had my back from day one, which was very much appreciated.

'At some points, I wasn’t able to give him everything he expected from me consistently. He got it in a few matches but not in others, and if you want to be a great player, your game has to be stable. I couldn’t deliver it at Old Trafford.'

Veron, now aged 45 and working as sporting director at Estudiantes, believes it was the difference in physicality demanded in training for the Premier League that was his biggest obstacle.

He continued: 'I was used to the Italian way, which was key for our game, but in England during that time, the physical conditioning was to play games.

Sir Alex Ferguson staunchly defended his signing but it did not work out for him in the end. The midfielder struggled for consistency at Old Trafford and found the physicality intense

'I wasn’t used to playing without an intense preparation, and it wasn’t ideal for me in the long term. As we played more matches, my performance levels dropped. I had so many up and downs: a few really good games, but other poor ones. I know that my time in English football wasn’t the best.'

Veron eventually departed Stamford Bridge in 2007 having made just seven appearances for the first team.

It was a fall from grace from a player who was regarded as the complete midfielder in Serie A with Lazio.

After his ill-fated spell in the Premier League, Veron returned to Argentina and played for Estudiantes, his boyhood club, with one stint at Brandsen in 2012.

He retired from playing in 2017 having earned 73 caps for Argentina, scoring nine times for his country on the international stage.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9240723/Juan-Sebastian-Veron-admits-regret-quitting-Manchester-United-Chelsea.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 18
Andi Istiabudi, Ardiey11, ecly_watchaa, hendiplast, iamsetia, id4y, Om Juna, penk22_, rio vander vidic, rizluq, smile_boy, UNITED1878, united7, vankyoet, zudomiriku