United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 28-04-2020, 07:12 AM   #1751
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: David de Gea Quintana

WHY FANS ARE BUZZING ABOUT DE GEA'S LATEST COMMENTS

Manchester United goalkeeper and fans’ favourite David De Gea has expressed his desire to enjoy many more seasons at the club.

The Spaniard started his reign as our no.1 when he completed a 2011 transfer from Atletico Madrid and he is about to complete a ninth campaign as a Red, before celebrating his 10-year anniversary in 2021.

De Gea signed a new long-term contract earlier this season and currently has 394 United appearances to his name, which is only four less than the legendary Peter Schmeichel tallied.

Once David overtakes the Great Dane – hopefully in the near future – he will move to second on the list of goalkeepers with the most United appearances: 1968 European Cup winner Alex Stepney is still way clear on 539 outings.

While speaking on our exclusive United Hangout with the current goalkeeping union, De Gea looks forward to reaching his decade of service at Old Trafford.

“Yeah, I am getting older,” jokes 29-year-old David, when quizzed on the prospect. “Just to be a part of this club is amazing, so imagine being here for nearly 10 years – it is something like a dream! It is great to play games with this club and I hope I can be here for many more [years].”

De Gea has recorded 138 clean sheets from his 394 appearances so far and only three United goalkeepers have kept more, in the form of Gary Bailey (138), Stepney (175) and Schmeichel (180).

Prior to this ongoing break from football, David had personally helped the Reds to tally five of nine clean sheets that were earned during an 11-match unbeaten run across all competitions, with his reliable Argentinian team-mate Sergio Romero contributing to the other four.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men were riding the crest of a wave and De Gea is confident the team is improving, pointing to the form of Bruno Fernandes as a contributing factor.

“I have seen the whole team improve a lot and we were in a good moment,” says David. “I think we were in top form, we didn't concede many goals and of course with Bruno. He brings a lot of quality, he is a clever player, a top midfielder, the team improves with him and it was a pity that everything stops because we were in a good moment. Hopefully, with some players who were injured, they will be fit when everything starts again so it is going to be a good challenge for everyone.”

Like the entire United squad, De Gea is currently training from home as part of the ongoing lockdown and he acknowledges this is an unprecedented time. Thankfully, his family and friends in Spain are in good health, and our world-class no.1 is keen for everybody to remain positive.

“Well, it is something special, to be always at home, but right now the most important thing is the health of the people, for me in Spain and in England as well,” he says. “It is a bit strange but we need to keep doing some things at home, keep training to be fit when we get back, but it is a bit strange.

“Family is very good, so at the moment all of my friends and family are all good. But a lot of people are in a difficult situation with the virus and everything. What is happening now is something unreal, but that is life at the moment and I want to send a strong message for everyone to keep fighting and hopefully this will be finished soon.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #1752
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

David de Gea signals his intention to stay at Manchester United 'for many years'... despite emergence of young on-loan goalkeeper Dean Henderson

* David de Gea has signalled his intention to stay at Manchester United for years
* The goalkeeper could come under serious threat from on-loan Dean Henderson
* De Gea believes the team were improving a lot before Premier League stopped

David de Gea has signalled his intention to stay as Manchester United's No 1, saying he wants to remain at Old Trafford for 'many years'.

The Spaniard's position could come under serious threat with the emergence of Dean Henderson, the young United goalkeeper who has impressed on loan at Sheffield United.

But De Gea, who signed a new long-term contract in September worth £375,000-a-week, has no plans to leave the club even though he turns 30 in November and will celebrate the 10th anniversary of his £18.9million move from Atletico Madrid next summer.

David de Gea has signalled his intention to remain at Manchester United for 'many years'. The Spaniard does not want to leave despite the emergence of young Dean Henderson. de Gea says that he believes the Manchester United team were 'improving' before lockdown

'I'm getting older,' he said. 'Just to be a part of this club is amazing. So imagine, 10 years, it's like a dream. It's great to play games with this club, so I hope I can be here more years, many years.'

The Premier League shutdown came at a time when United were beginning to show real promise after new signing Bruno Fernandes made a huge impact.

'I think the whole team improved a lot,' added De Gea. 'We were in a good moment. I think we were in very good, top form.

'We didn't concede many goals and, of course, with Bruno he brings a lot of quality. He's a clever player, a top midfielder.

'The team improved with him and it was a pity that everything stopped because we were in a good moment.

'But hopefully with some players that were injured will be fit when it all starts again, so it will be a good challenge for everyone.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8258329/David-Gea-signals-intention-stay-Manchester-United-years.html
Old 06-07-2020, 10:13 AM   #1753
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'If my goalkeeper gave it away at the near post I'd give him an earful': Rio Ferdinand slams David de Gea after the Man United star conceded at his near post for Bournemouth opener

* Rio Ferdinand has slammed David de Gea for his role in Bournemouth's opener
* The Cherries took a surprise lead after Junior Stanislas fired past the keeper
* However, Ferdinand felt De Gea should have stopped the ball from eluding him
* He added that he did not tolerate conceding goals at the near post in his career

Rio Ferdinand has slammed Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea's role in Bournemouth's opening goal at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.

The Cherries took a shock lead in the opening stages of the game after Junior Stanislas fired beyond the Spaniard after nutmegging United defender Harry Maguire in the build up.

From a tight angle, the winger managed to squeeze the ball beyond the goalkeeper at his near post as the relegation strugglers got their noses in front at Old Trafford.

David de Gea conceded at his near post as Bournemouth took a surprise lead on Saturday. Rio Ferdinand has slammed the United goalkeeper for his role in Bournemouth's opening goal

And Ferdinand, who was a key figure in United's defence during their glory years under Sir Alex Ferguson, said that De Gea should have done better to keep the ball out of his net.

'It got off to a terrible start,' he said on BT Sport. 'Mistakes all round. Indecisions in the box on the first cross, Harry Maguire does well with the block then he gets nutmegged by Stanislas.

'But I think David De Gea has got to do better on the near post. Stanislas shows no fear at all. Beautiful, cheeky nutmeg. But that area there he's got three players to pick from which isn't great (for United) but if David De Gea covers that near post he's got nothing else to think of but he doesn't do that.'

Ferdinand said he would not have tolerated that mistake as a player in a scathing review. United icon Roy Keane also slammed De Gea for his role in Spurs's goal two weeks ago

Ferdinand, who had the luxury of playing with Edwin van der Sar for the majority of his spell in Manchester before linking up with De Gea towards the end of his time there, said he would not tolerate a goal being conceded in that fashion.

'That was one of my pet hates as a player if my goalkeeper gave it away at the near post I'd give him an earful,' he added.

De Gea conceded a second in the opening few minutes of the second half when Eric Bailly was deemed to have handled the ball in his own penalty area.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8489895/Rio-Ferdinand-slams-David-Gea-Manchester-United-keeper-conceded-near-post.html
De Gea blunder vs Spurs, Henderson bagus, GW selanjutnya Henderson blunder vs Arsenal (kalo gak salah), De Gea cleansheet, melakukan save terbang vs Brighton. GW ini De Gea gagal mencegah gol pertama Bournemouth, Henderson juga kebobolan 1 gol vs Burnley. jadi masih imbang lah performa mereka, cuma bedanya United menang, SU seri.
Old 13-07-2020, 09:50 AM   #1754
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He has been fantastic since I have been here': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hails David de Gea as goalkeeper prepares to make 400th Manchester United appearance against Southampton

* David de Gea is set to make 400th Manchester United appearance on Monday
* United host Southampton as they continue to chase a Champions League spot
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says the Spaniard has been 'fantastic' since he arrived

David de Gea plays his 400th game for Manchester United on Monday night with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claiming the Spain goalkeeper will view it as a black mark against his career if he does not win the Champions League.

United are hunting a spot in the top four as they host Southampton at Old Trafford with just four more games of the Premier League season remaining.

De Gea has won the league title, Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup once each with United since signing from Atletico Madrid for £18.9million in 2011.

And Solskjaer believes emulating Peter Schmeichel by winning the Champions League would mean far more to the 29-year-old goalkeeper than personal achievements such as surpassing the Dane's 398 appearances, which he did with a clean sheet against Aston Villa on Thursday.

Alex Stepney, on 539, is the only keeper to have played more times for United.

'David has been fantastic since I've been here,' said Solskjaer.

'He has come out and said he wants to play maybe 10 more years. How long he will be able to stay at the top is just up to him.

David de Gea is in line to make his 400th Manchester United appearance against Southampton. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says the Spanish goalkeeper has been 'fantastic' since took over. Solskjaer has also praised the 29-year-old for eliminating the mistakes from his game

'He's won the Premier League, he's won the FA Cup, the Europa League, the League Cup, but that's probably not enough for him.

'I don't think he will be happy until he wins the bigger trophies. Staying at Man United all this time and not having won more, I think that's something he will feel is a black dot in his career. Yeah, he's won his personal awards, but I don't think David is the type who cares about personal awards.

'I think he wants the team to lift big trophies as well.'

De Gea has been criticised for making individual errors since Solskjaer returned to the club as manager, particularly towards the end of last season. But the Norwegian insists he never considered dropping his No 1 keeper, who signed a new £375,000-a-week contract in September, because De Gea is mentally tough enough to take the flak.

'It didn't cross my mind for one second, not at all,' he added. 'To be a Manchester United goalkeeper, you have to have a strong mentality.

'David has a strong mentality and he has been here for so long that he is coming up to 400 games and you don't do that by being afraid of the limelight or being afraid of Old Trafford.

'You do that by walking out on to that pitch and showing them your quality and mentality. He is a strong character and I didn't see any good in taking him out at all.'

United are looking to extend a 17-game unbeaten run on Monday evening, while another goal for Mason Greenwood would see the 18-year-old equal George Best, Brian Kidd and Wayne Rooney in scoring 17 goals in one season for United as teenagers.

'He has the talent to go so far,' said Solskjaer. 'Our job is to get him into positions where he can finish, because he hits the target.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8515813/David-Gea-line-make-400th-Manchester-United-appearance-home-clash-Southampton.html
Old 15-07-2020, 08:05 AM   #1755
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

LUAR BIASA !!!

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #1756
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I wanted to stop coaching De Gea': Ex-Manchester United goalkeeping coach Emilio Alvarez accuses No 1 of a 'lack of loyalty' and insists he CHOSE to leave Old Trafford after star renewed his contract behind his back

* Emilio Alvarez left his job as a goalkeeping coach at Manchester United last year
* Alvarez worked with David De Gea whom he also coached at Atletico Madrid
* Jose Mourinho brought in Alvarez in 2016 to help keep De Gea at Old Trafford

Former Manchester United goalkeeping coach Emilio Alvarez has hit out at David De Gea over claims the No 1 was disloyal.

Alvarez, who departed Old Trafford last year, was brought in by Jose Mourinho in 2016 to help keep De Gea at the club.

De Gea signed a new deal with United last summer but Alvarez left the club shortly afterwards.

Alvarez has said De Gea's decision to leave his agent Jorge Mendes, who also looks after Cristiano Ronaldo, without telling him was the reason he left United.

Alvarez, who also worked with De Gea at Atletico Madrid, told AS: 'After almost three years with lots of work and meetings with United to renew him and to make him the best-paid player in the world, I learned that he had renewed behind my back

'Honestly, it felt like a lack of loyalty. During negotiations, he also had a falling out with the person who had carried out all the talks in order for him to be paid what he was paid.

Emilio Alvarez (left) has accused David De Gea of showing him a 'lack of loyalty' at Old Trafford. Alvarez was brought in at Manchester United by Jose Mourinho to work with De Gea

'I told them I was going but not because I wanted to leave United. I wanted to stop coaching De Gea.

'Aside from being his mentor at Atlético Madrid, where I backed him strongly, I was the person who convinced him to sign for United. I was his right-hand man in Manchester.

'I came to United thanks to the great work of Jorge Mendes and because Mourinho wanted to sign me to help David develop and to keep him at the club. At that moment, he wanted to leave United.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8522663/I-wanted-stop-coaching-Gea-Ex-United-coach-Alvarez-accuses-No-1-lack-loyalty.html
Old 17-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #1757
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I realised my thinking was wrong. And United were right': Peter Schmeichel wanted Sir Alex Ferguson to sign Manuel Neuer instead of David de Gea in 2011 but admits Spaniard convinced him after stunning save at Chelsea

* United needed to sign a top quality replacement for Edwin van der Sar in 2011
* Peter Schmeichel was keen for the club to sign the German keeper Manuel Neuer
* Neuer had just impressed for Schalke against United in Champions League
* But Ferguson went for the unproven 20-year-old Spaniard De Gea
* Schmeichel feared the worst when De Gea struggled in his first few months
* But he changed his mind after a brilliant performance in 3-3 draw at Chelsea

Peter Schmeichel believed Manchester United should have moved for Manuel Neuer back in 2011 but is delighted that David de Gea has proven him wrong.

Sir Alex Ferguson needed to find the right replacement for Edwin van der Sar when the Dutchman brought his six successful years at Old Trafford to an end by retiring.

And at the time, goalkeeping legend Schmeichel believed Schalke stopper Neuer, who'd just played against United in the Champions League semi-finals, was the ideal fit.

Peter Schmeichel has admitted that David de Gea wasn't his first choice when Manchester United needed a keeper back in 2011 but that the Spaniard has changed his mind. Old Trafford legend Schmeichel wanted Sir Alex Ferguson to sign Manuel Neuer instead. German keeper Neuer had just impressed for Schalke against United in the Champions League

But Neuer went to Bayern Munich and Ferguson instead moved for unproven but highly promising 20-year-old Spanish keeper De Gea at Atletico Madrid.

Early struggles in the more physical environment of the Premier League led to question marks over whether De Gea had what was required to prosper under intense pressure at United.

But the Spaniard has just played his 400th competitive game for United and has been the club's player of the year on four occasions.

Schmeichel told United's 'Unscripted' series: 'They knew it was so important to get it right and not spend years chasing the situation. At the time, I actually thought there was an obvious answer.

'You had to look at how we play and ask: 'right, where's the guy that's going to slot in?' To me, we'd very recently seen the answer.

'I thought Manuel Neuer was a perfect fit for us.

The Spanish goalkeeper moved to Old Trafford from La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid back in 2011. Sir Alex Ferguson welcomes the young Spanish keeper to United after his move from Atletico

Ferguson speaks to Neuer after the first leg of the United vs Schalke semi-final in 2011

'He'd just been up against United with Schalke in the Champions League and, even though Schalke lost the tie, he'd shown us precisely what he could do.

'He was a very aggressive goalkeeper. He played like I played. I played to my strengths. I knew where my weaknesses were and I tried desperately not to end up in situations where they might be exposed.

'I was always trying to get my defenders to protect me from that. I really liked the way Neuer played - it might be because I played like that myself - and, to me, it felt like a natural move.

'He suited us well and we wouldn't have had to change how we played.'

But De Gea's first few months in the Premier League were difficult as he struggled to adapt. The young keeper struggled to cope with the physicality of Premier League football at first

After Schmeichel moved on following United's Treble triumph in 1999, it took Ferguson several years to adequately replace him with the likes of Mark Bosnich, Massimo Taibi and Fabian Barthez not succeeding.

And the Dane admits he had similar fears when De Gea arrived at Old Trafford.

He said: 'I knew about David de Gea because he was a young player already playing for Atletico Madrid's first team, so you just knew he obviously had something special, but I didn't think we'd be going for him.

'So when we did move for him, I honestly couldn't understand why we'd gone down that route. I thought the experience of what had happened between me and Edwin would have been used, so it looked unusual to me.'

Schmeichel changed his mind after De Gea made a brilliant save in a 3-3 draw at Chelsea

De Gea struggled during his first few months in England, attracting plenty of criticism, but Schmeichel changed his mind following a brilliant save to deny future club-mate Juan Mata in a 3-3 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in February 2012.

'From that point on, I was looking at David and thinking: This guy… he's something special.

'The guy's mentality is incredible. You can't break him.

'David? He went to a really tough school and came out the other side, in no time at all really.

'I realised my thinking was wrong. And United were right. They'd done a really good job in bringing him to Manchester.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8530753/Peter-Schmeichel-wanted-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-sign-Manuel-Neuer-instead-David-Gea-2011.html
Old 17-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #1758
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It's something crazy... it's very, very special for me': David de Gea reveals his enormous pride at reaching 400 appearances for Manchester United as he targets 'another 400 games'

* David de Gea joined Manchester United in summer 2011 from Atletico Madrid
* On Monday, the keeper reached the 400-game landmark for the Red Devils
* He has won Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup and EFL Cup
* The Spaniard will be desperate to guide United to a top-four finish this season

Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has spoken of his immense pride after making his 400th appearance for them.

The Spaniard, who joined from Atletico Madrid in 2011, reached the landmark during United's disappointing 2-2 draw at home to Southampton on Monday night in the Premier League.

In the previous encounter away to Aston Villa, De Gea also surpassed Peter Schmeichel to become United's record overseas appearance-maker.

David de Gea made his 400th appearance for Manchester United on Monday vs Southampton. De Gea spoke of his immense pride at reaching 400 appearances: 'It's something crazy'

But despite coming in for criticism in recent times for his performances while pressure is mounting on him from Dean Henderson for the No 1 spot, the 29-year-old is now ambitiously targeting another 400 games for the Old Trafford outfit.

'I'm very, very proud to reach 400 games,' De Gea told United's official website. 'It's something amazing just to be part of this club.

'It's something crazy… imagine to reach 400 games… it's something very, very special for me and hopefully I can play another 400 games and just enjoy things day by day and enjoy being part of this club.

'I just want to keep playing and enjoying training and enjoying being with my team-mates and the staff and everyone. I just enjoy wearing the Manchester United shirt in every game and to play at Old Trafford is always special.

'I'm grateful to be here and hopefully I can be here for many years.'

he Spanish goalkeeper moved to Old Trafford from La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid back in 2011

During De Gea's time at Old Trafford, he has won the Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup and EFL Cup once each.

And the Spaniard will be desperate to add to his United trophy haul come the end of the season, while also helping his side claim a top-four finish in the Premier League.

United are into the quarter-finals of the Europa League and semi-finals of the FA Cup, where they will face Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday.

But first up for De Gea and his United team-mates is Crystal Palace away in the Premier League on Thursday night.

After dropping costly points at home to Southampton on Monday, United must bounce back with a victory - as they sit four points off Chelsea in third, who have played a game more, while they are level on points with Leicester with just three matches remaining.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8529243/David-Gea-reveals-enormous-pride-reaching-400-appearances-Manchester-United.html
Old 20-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #1759
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

CHRIS SUTTON: Useless David de Gea is shot of confidence and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must think carefully who his No 1 will be for next season after his howlers against Chelsea

* David de Gea made two woeful errors in the FA Cup semi-final on Sunday
* He failed to stop a simple effort from Olivier Giroud for Chelsea's opener
* The second was worse, spilling Mason Mount's tame long-range effort
* Once considered the world's best keeper, that status has collapsed this season
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must consider if de Gea will be his first-choice next term

Jeeper keepers! To think it’s less than a month since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer described David de Gea as ‘the best goalkeeper in the world’.

In reality, Solskjaer has some serious thinking to do about who he wants as his first choice next season.

I called De Gea ‘useless’ on BBC radio after he conceded Manchester United’s first goal, because I felt it was incredibly weak keeping.

It involved good movement from Olivier Giroud but this was a standard effort that needed saving.

My BBC colleague Robbie Savage disagreed. But there can be no arguments about De Gea’s second gaffe.

This one was even worse. Mason Mount hardly caught the ball flush with his right foot, yet somehow it wormed its way under De Gea.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must consider whether David de Gea will keep his spot next season. The Spaniard made two poor errors in Chelsea's victory over Manchester United in the FA Cup. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot afford to be continually let down by his goalkeeper next season. De Gea spilled Mason Mount's long-range effort to give Chelsea a crucial two-goal lead

It was hopeless stuff from a goalkeeper whose confidence is clearly shot to pieces. The defending was poor, too, of course.

Giroud got ahead of Victor Lindelof to fire his shot away, while Brandon Williams gave possession up cheaply for Mount to score.

We have to applaud Frank Lampard. Chelsea had lost three times to United this season, so he changed the system and used a back three. It worked and into the FA Cup final they go.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8539169/CHRIS-SUTTON-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-consider-David-Geas-spot-Chelsea-howlers.html
Old 20-07-2020, 09:55 AM   #1760
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I can't speak for David De Gea's confidence but he is mentally very strong': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits Manchester United goalkeeper made a blunder for Mason Mount's goal but insists he was ready for the challenge

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer picked David De Gea ahead of cup keeper Sergio Romero
* The Spaniard committed another error by failing to stop Mason Mount's strike
* Solskjaer also felt Eric Bailly's departure due to injury affected concentration

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted that David De Gea blundered for Chelsea's second goal as the Manchester United's No.1 came under scrutiny again.

Solskjaer picked De Gea ahead of Sergio Romero – who had played in every other round of the FA Cup this season – and saw the Spaniard commit another error as he failed to keep out Mason Mount's hopeful strike.

But speaking to the BBC, Solskjaer praised the Spaniard's mentality, saying: 'I can't speak for David De Gea's confidence but he is mentally very strong.

'He knows he should save that one 100 times out of 100 but that's football for you. I made the decision to play him and mentally he was ready for it.'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted that David De Gea made a mistake for Chelsea's second goal. The Spaniard committed another error by failing to stop Mason Mount's hopeful strike. In a BBC interview Solskjaer also praised De Gea's mentality, but admitted he made an error

In a separate interview, Solskjaer added: 'It's hard for a keeper to make amends. David made two or three fantastic saves after that, but he knows he could have saved that one.'

Solskjaer also recalled Eric Bailly as United switched to a back-three, and he felt the Ivorian's departure before half-time following a clash of heads with Kurt Zouma and then teammate Harry Maguire affected United's concentration levels as they conceded either side of the break to Olivier Giroud and Mount.

'The blow to Eric's head when Harry and Eric stayed down for a long time, we seemed to lose concentration for a little while and conceding the (Giroud) goal straight after that had a massive impact,' added the United boss.

'Eric is in hospital going through all the routine checks and protocols. He got a cut in the back of his head too so I don't really know (how bad it is).'

United are still competing with Chelsea for a top-four place and face West Ham at home in midweek.

Solskjaer added: 'We picked the team today to give us the best possible opportunity to go through in the cup and be ready for Wednesday. It didn't work today.'

Giroud remains on course to collect his fifth FA Cup winners' medal with Chelsea and Arsenal who will now contest the final next month.

'I said to the boys I would love to win another one, it would be my fifth FA Cup and we are in another final,' said the Frenchman. 'A big game against Arsenal which will be so special for me personally.

'We had United under pressure and they didn't create much. We dominated the game.'

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard paid tribute to Giroud who could easily have left the club in the January transfer window.

'He sets an amazing example,' said Lampard. 'Take the story of his season. Tammy (Abraham) was doing well and Olivier didn't get many opportunities. He kept training and could have left in January but didn't.

'He had the most positive attitude possible. He is so easy to speak to because he is so professional. Now he is getting the rewards he deserves and I am getting a player who is scoring regularly.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8539101/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-admits-Man-Utd-keeper-David-Gea-blunder-Mason-Mounts-goal.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 350
#Sandy, -bloodflowers-, -Ybb3F-, A.Per Utd, a85dr, Aba_MaczUnited, abdataqwa, abdu muhammad, abeat_bjm, adefebsa, adhe united macz, adittelor, adi_Giggsy, aGhaa, Aldi_Rizal, aldysetiabudi, alexanderjoshua, alfarieano, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, alqodri, ambeh, aMieBeckz, and1, andeedotcom, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andree_david, andrio_iyo, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, AngeloAlvin, Anto MJ, ardie febrianto, Ardiey11, Ardi_UIMOLT, arfad, arief rachman, ariesto, Arif VDS, arik_, aris9inanjar, Arra, arymashuda, asby_ansya, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, azisfirdaus, banadegea, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, Bhungshu28, big_ganz, billywarouw, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bombom, bucay deathbat, Bulma, caliski_heinz, chest, chevy solskjaer, chincarito, cie_1, clsenz, Cupy, cynta, czr, d10neladitya, Dafi de gea, dalasviggi, Danang Pambudi, dandymunandar, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dee_vee7, derajulio, DermawanIsUnitedFans, derry07cantona, dery pramudito, der_emperor, DhaniGiggsy, dhany_kai, dhanz77, dhodoadrian, dhoyoque, Dino De Gea, doddlez, Dodi Hakim, dododik, dudut, dwi agung, Dwi Oktarina, dwi.cleverley23, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, edoardo, edobae, Egi Jr, Eka UPC, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, Ereius, erin, ersalamanda, Eryk EQ, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fadnaticdevils, Fajar_, fajrinited, Febri Angga, Febribule, febza, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, ferry11, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frengkysme182, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, gembul, ghopoereds, giantz, giggs26, goodfron, Grace Naibaho, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HaRrY-UIK, hdhe16, hendiplast, Hendy, HenryRooney07, Hermanto, herzgiggsy, hevny9, holydragoon, hombreng, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, icalace, icebreaker, id4y, ilz, indi30, indraaveiro, ing areese, iqbal, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irhamutd, IskandarJool, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jarpop, jifortin, Johnny Depp, jojo poenya, jojoredarmy, jonajoni, jratualang, Juni HW, kevinchoc, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kokobase_6, Kurniawan Ani, kykyba7, Lang25, lauraniza, legina, Legolash, leo aryo, Lila, Lucky_Cantona007, lutviarfiansyah, macher, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, marvey, marviel, matthewsamad, mayarararocks, MCR7, MichaelMU, mikhail vidic, Mochamad Soleh, moehfar, mousetrap, MUFC1878, Muhammad faqih, Muhammadrama, MuhFher, mygalzbiatch, NadaDaniela, Naen ERROR, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, nggambustodc, nobitanta, Noe26, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, novanprihasa, nyaprad_chip, n_42_nk, ocki_26, octus, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, Oom Panda, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, pongsamma, Popay_UKI04, prahmono, Pure_red, pweechevalier, Rage, randiex, Rean, red, Red Stain, Redsbusby, red_devilz, red_girl_mia, Regasiqbal, Rendi Pardi, revald, rexy ongah culun, reynaldjhonson, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rissa14, risyadfardy, Rizaldo19, rizluq, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, ronysnaja, roodee_UID, rooneyglory10, Roronoa Rooney, ruffy3rd, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, sandra putri, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, setipp48, Sigied Giggsy, simamora16, sirmattbusby16, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, stevenson, Subagio U. Arra, SuperBecks, Supernan, syahrizal, syakirabilqis, Syarifeghy, Tamanaro, tamiCarrick, tasho, Teguh23, teha, teokagawa, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, tito, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, unromantic_dio, V.A.Siswanto, VaDLi, van oofaar, vankyoet, vanquish, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, venlykawuwung, Vicario, Victory, victory II, VinaToeng, Viqiejrx07, w.keane27, wahyou91, waynehanks, wazzapoetra, Welki red devils, Wengge Schmeichel, Wildanz, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, wodhan, wormkids, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, yudiiriski, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zell_dircht, Zhacc20, zudomiriku, [skywalker]