United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Kieran O'Hara

Salah satu talenta muda United masa depan..

O'HARA OUT TO GRASP INTERNATIONAL CHANCE

Kieran O'Hara is currently on international duty with Republic of Ireland Under-21s as he continues to develop his skills as a goalkeeper.

The Manchester United man is competing for the gloves at Reserves level and kept goal in the friendly at Brentford on Saturday. Shining in the 1-1 local derby draw with City at the Etihad Stadium in September meant a lot to the Urmston-born youngster, who qualifies for Ireland through his grandparents.

"It was such a good experience to play at the Etihad," he told ManUtd.com. "The derby is always special for a Manchester lad. I know the importance of those kind of games. It's always good to help the team anyway when you've not had much to do all game but, in this case, I made a last-minute save which proved crucial."

Loan spells with Trafford and Morecambe helped hone O'Hara's talents and teach him about life away from the Aon Training Complex. Psychologically, he was naturally put under pressure in men's football and it provided a fabulous education.

"You learn a lot at that level with Trafford," he said. "Going into a dressing room as a kid, knowing nothing about the men's game and coming away with a lot of experience of playing games and having been in a different environment. I've had that further with the other loans, especially at Morecambe.

"It was a big challenge going there as a no.2 and trying to fight to have games. I made my debut against Northampton at Sixfields and my best performance came against Leyton Orient when our goalkeeper [Barry Roche] was sent off after only 10 minutes and I saved a penalty.

"It's league football, playing in front of crowds, for points and you're under pressure. As a young goalkeeper, people maybe target you but you've got to deal with it. It happens and you've got to be good enough to cope with it. I grew more comfortable as I went on at Morecambe and it helped me develop my overall game."

The call from Ireland was proof of the increased exposure that loan moves can bring young players and the 20-year-old is up for the challenge.

"My name is a bit of a giveaway," he said of his eligibility. "My grandparents on my dad's side were both born in Galway. The call came towards the end of last season when the Under-21 coach Noel King gave the Morecambe manager [Jim Bentley] a ring to ask if I'd be interested in getting involved.

"I was more than happy because it was an international call-up. When I was about 17, I had England Schools games against Scotland, Republic of Ireland and Wales but my dad's happy now with it being his side of the family and my mum is proud as well.

"It's great experience being involved in international football and more games, a different type of football completely, so I hope I can grab it with both hands.

"Going out on loan is a good opportunity for people to see you and it does gain you exposure, for sure. When more people see your name and are able to watch you play, they see what you can do and how you handle the pressure of being out in the league."

Ireland's Under-21s are playing two friendlies in Spain, against Czech Republic on Saturday and Slovakia on Tuesday, and O'Hara is competing with Anderlecht's Liam Bossin for the keeper spot.

http://www.manutd.com/
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, jifortin, penk22_, rio vander vidic, zudomiriku