United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 27-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #721
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Juan Manuel Mata García

MATA: MY SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ERIC

As footballers, it’s tough to think of two more differing characters than those of Juan Mata and Eric Cantona.

The former is a shy, straight-talking midfielder, who is more than happy to let his team-mates take the limelight. Eric, on the other hand, certainly differs in this regard, and as a player, the enigmatic and philosophical Frenchman often appeared to revel in the drama football can throw up.

Yet, despite their contrasting personalities, the duo have formed a strong friendship in recent years, as Juan explained as part of his MUTV Takeover.

“Eric Cantona has always been a very special player for me, since I was a kid,” the Spaniard told us. “I remember him being an artist on the pitch and scoring these great goals and providing amazing assists for his team-mates. He scored some important goals, like the one against Liverpool in the FA Cup final.

“Also the celebrations and the aura that was around him. He certainly was, and is, a special character.”

Juan’s admiration for our former striker means he is always interested in reliving Eric’s years as a Red, as well as hearing from the great man himself.

As a result, Mata has selected to watch Eric Cantona: Reflections of an Artist as part of his MUTV Takeover. The 32-year-old is in charge of our TV channel for one day only, and has selected six cracking shows to be scheduled, including the documentary on the Frenchman.

“I have to pick this because of these reasons, and because, when I came to Manchester, I met him,” Juan explained. “We have a great relationship; he’s a really nice person.

“I actually met Eric because he joined the Common Goal movement. He was our first mentor at Common Goal. We had some time together, we had lunch and it was a very nice experience for me.

“I remember him as a player, so being with him, and sharing this moment with me, it was very precious for me. I choose him for what he was on the pitch, and his personality and aura outside of the pitch.

“When you have lunch with him, you feel that he is a different character. His life - because of his experiences at Manchester United and elsewhere - it’s just a special life and he has a special personality.

“He was funny and very calm when we met. We spoke about football nowadays and how it has changed and things like that. He’s also an artist. After football, he has become an actor. He actually wrote some books and drew a few drawings in a notebook that after, he published. He also reads a lot. He likes his philosophy and he’s a very interesting character. That’s how I felt he was when we met.”

Juan has been a pioneer for the Common Goal movement in recent years and spoke about his gratitude to Eric for taking such an active role in the charitable organisation.

“To be honest, it has been great that he’s joined and it’s great that he shares the belief that football can help many people in the world,” said Mata.

“His contribution has been as a mentor, meaning that, as an ex-football player, he can be an example for all of us and especially for the new generation of players. They see how he is committed with these movements and he had an active part in visiting one of the organisations that we collaborate with.

“He came and he was with the kids and he spoke to them and played some football. He played an active part with that and he also had a conversation about Common Goal with the president of UEFA. It was very nice and he’s very active in his involvement.

“He also went with Jurgen Griesbeck, the founder of Common Goal, to do a massive speech during a convention about football.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #722
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United star Juan Mata says it 'seems surreal' playing for the club after watching the likes of David Beckham and Ryan Giggs when he was growing up as he reflects on his career

* Man United's Juan Mata described playing for Premier League giants as 'surreal'
* The midfielder has reflected on career in new Amazon docuseries Living Abroad
* Spaniard Mata made the switch from Chelsea to Old Trafford back in 2014

Manchester United's Juan Mata has described playing for the Premier League giants as 'surreal' after growing up watching the likes of David Beckham and Ryan Giggs star for the club.

The 32-year-old midfielder has reflected on his career in the new Amazon Prime Video exclusive docuseries Living Abroad.

Mata made the move to United from Chelsea back in 2014 and said it sometimes still 'seems surreal' that he plays for one of the biggest clubs in world football.

'The feeling of being a player at Manchester United is really special and almost unique in football,' he said in the new Spanish football docuseries.

'At times it seems surreal that in the morning I put on that shirt to train, that I play in the stadium where players like Eric Cantona, George Best, David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have played.

'People I watched from a long way away as a kid and especially that generation of Beckham, Scholes, Giggs and now I'm playing in their team and I'm so proud of that.'

Man United's Juan Mata has described playing for the Premier League giants as 'surreal'. The 32-year-old midfielder watched the likes of former United winger David Beckham. Spaniard Mata also saw Ryan Giggs star for Manchester United when he was growing up

At United Mata has won the League Cup as well as his second Europa League and FA Cup to add to the Champions League success with Chelsea in 2012.

The Spaniard, who came through the youth ranks of Real Madrid before switching to Valencia, has also had huge success with his country.

This summer marks 10 years since Spain lifted the World Cup in South Africa and fans have been given an insight into the lives and careers of Mata, David Villa, Xavi and Javi Martinez, who were all part of that victorious squad in the docuseries released on Friday.

The 35-minute episode featuring Mata shines the spotlight onto his personal life and has interviews with those who know him best, including family, friends and current United team-mate David de Gea.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8388631/Manchester-United-star-Juan-Mata-says-surreal-playing-club.html
Old 07-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #723
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Juan Mata 'ready to leave Manchester United this summer' after six years at Old Trafford as Turkish giants Fenerbahce eye move for midfielder

* Fenerbahce are eyeing a move for Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata
* Reports claim the midfielder is 'eager' to leave Old Trafford this summer
* Mata has featured infrequently since the arrival of Bruno Fernandes from Lisbon
* The Spaniard has made 252 appearances since joining United in January 2014

Juan Mata is prepared to leave Manchester United this summer and Fenerbahce are interested in signing the midfielder, according to reports in Turkey.

News outlet Sansursuz Futbol claim Mata is 'eager' to move away from Old Trafford, with the Super Lig club looking to strike a deal for the 32-year-old playmaker.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will continue to restructure his squad in the close season and Mata - who joined United in 2014 - is likely to be deemed surplus to requirements.

Fenerbahce are looking to sign Juan Mata and he is reportedly 'eager' to leave Man United. Mata has made two substitute appearances in the Premier League since the season resumed

The Spaniard's game time has been limited since the arrival of Bruno Fernandes in January, making just two Premier League starts since the turn of the year.

Mata started on the right side of midfield during the FA Cup quarter-final victory over Norwich, but Solskjaer preferred to play Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford on the flanks during the 5-2 win over Bournemouth.

The former Valencia man has made 20 starts in total this season, but 12 of those have come in cup competitions and Fernandes and Pogba's developing partnership could restrict Mata's involvement over the remaining matches.

Nevertheless, Mata is under contract until June 2021 and United have the option to extend the deal by an additional year, meaning Fenerbahce would be required to pay a fee.

Mata has made 252 appearances since signing for United from Chelsea in a transfer worth £37.1million, producing 48 goals and 42 assists in six-and-a-half seasons.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8493807/Juan-Mata-ready-leave-Manchester-United-summer-Turkish-giants-Fenerbahce-eye-move.html
Old 17-09-2020, 02:00 PM   #724
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United star Juan Mata shuts down his Tapeo and Wine restaurant after Covid-19 lockdown battered finances that already showed £800k of debt

* Tapeo and Wine, on Deansgate in Manchester, won't re-open after Covid crisis
* Mata invested in the Spanish restaurant run by his father and business partners
* It opened in 2016 but accounts showed that debts had mounted up
* A statement released on Tuesday confirmed it would close despite good reviews

Juan Mata's family has been forced to close their tapas restaurant in Manchester after racking up hundreds of thousands of pounds in debt.

The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the hospitality sector means Tapeo and Wine will be closing its doors just four years after Manchester United's Spanish midfielder opened it.

Despite positive reviews online, accounts filed to Companies House earlier this year showed it had total debts of £772,086 for 2018, up from £593,548 in 2017.

A Manchester tapas restaurant invested in by United star Juan Mata has closed. Mata pictured at Tapeo and Wine on Deansgate in Manchester, which was run by his father

And the enforced closure of the Deansgate restaurant during the coronavirus crisis appears to have finished the business off.

A statement posted online on Tuesday read: 'Adios y gracias!

'Unfortunately, and after five years of trying our best to bring Spain to you, through our food, drinks and service, our restaurant Tapeo and Wine will not be opening its doors anymore.

'We had to take this decision as a result of a number of factors and we thank every single one of you who over the years came and enjoyed with us!

A statement on the restaurant's Instagram account confirmed it will not be opening again

The eatery racked up positive reviews for its food but has been impacted by the Covid-19 crisis. Some of the charcuterie on the menu at Tapeo and Wine, which opened its doors in 2016

'It's been a great ride and we will always be grateful for your love and support!'

The restaurant had operated a takeaway delivery and collection service during lockdown but had not re-opened to diners.

Mata, 32, invested in the restaurant, which was established in 2016 by husband and wife team Natalia Esquerdo and Nacho Perez with backing from Mata's dad Juan Manuel Mata Rodriguez.

The couple left Tapeo and Wine later that year and left the running to Mata Snr and his business partner Jose Manuel Martinez Garcia.

United's Spanish contingent Ander Herrera and David de Gea joined Mata at a star-studded launch party in 2016 and they even hosted Manchester City's Christmas party that year.

The tapas restaurant had re-opened for takeaways only post-lockdown but has now closed

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8739509/Man-United-star-Juan-Mata-family-close-Tapeo-Wine-restaurant.html
Old 02-10-2020, 05:23 AM   #725
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MAN OF THE MATCH MATA IS TARGETING THE TROPHY

Juan Mata's Carabao Cup love affair continued on Wednesday night when he scored his 50th goal for Manchester United, claimed an assist and collected the Man of the Match award as the Reds reached the quarter-finals.

The Spaniard, who netted significantly against Manchester City and semi-final opponents Hull City when United last won the competition in 2017, is determined to go on and get his hands on the silverware again this season after starring in the third round at Luton Town last week and now at the expense of Brighton & Hove Albion.

Our hosts at the Amex Stadium were looking comfortable, and capable of avenging their home Premier League defeat to the Reds at the weekend, when Mata seemed to take the proceedings by the scruff of the neck by making a surging run into their territory and drawing a foul from his pursuer, the towering Seagulls centre-back Dan Burn.

“I tried to put my body in front of him and I think it was a foul,” said Juan, in a post-match interview with Sky Sports.

“Then after [with the free-kick], I just tried to put the ball into the area where normally we try to bring two or three players who can head it.

“It was tight, I think it was just onside, so it was a great header by Scotty. It was important to score in the first half because we know how difficult if we don't score the chances that we create.”

After creating the first goal of the game for McTominay, Mata registered the 50th goal of his Reds career when he linked up with a new team-mate he already admires hugely. Donny van de Beek's ability and awareness in the box enabled our no.8 to beat Brighton goalkeeper Jason Steele with an accomplished finish into the bottom right-hand corner, even with his less-favoured right foot.

“It was a very clever assist,” praised Juan. “Donny is a very clever player. I love playing with him because he finds pockets and spaces, he understands football in a way that I like which is playing one-twos, passing and moving, and the goal was like that.

“He's always in the right position, he flicked the ball to me and I could finish with my right.”

Mata was crowned Man of the Match on Sky Sports and also by United fans following the game in our Official App - he picked up 60 per cent of the votes cast there, making him the winner by a landslide margin as the runner-up, van de Beek, gleaned 15 per cent.

Individual accolades are not the Spaniard's priority, however. When asked what the Carabao Cup means to his club, Juan replied: “It means a trophy. That is what's in our minds, to try to lift trophies for our fans.

“We did it in 2017 so we want to do it again. We try to win every game in every competition. Of course, this one is different this year because we're playing at an early stage but hopefully we can go through the quarter-finals and semi-finals, and play at Wembley which is always nice.”

With the competition put to bed now until December, when the Reds will face opponents decided by Thursday night's fifth-round draw, Mata's attention will now turn to other fronts and he will no doubt be itching for some Premier League action against his former Chelsea and United manager Jose Mourinho on Sunday. If Juan is called upon for the Spurs game, he'll be ready.

“I feel good, as always, physically and mentally,” declared the 32-year-old. “I'm hungry, I have still passion for the game and I feel I have still a lot of football in my legs and in my mind. I am enjoying football as much as ever.”

Mata's performance and attitude earned praise from Sky pundit and his former team-mate Darren Fletcher, who said: “It was refreshing to hear Juan say he was mentally ready. Tiredness can be a mental thing as well, but Juan has set himself up mentally and he's physically looking in great shape.

“He's been Man of the Match in two League Cup games now so I wouldn't be surprised to see Juan playing in the Premier League quite soon.”

www.manutd.com
Old 02-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #726
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He is a very valuable member of the squad and a top professional': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hails influence of Juan Mata after Spaniard's star turn in Manchester United's win at Brighton

* Juan Mata put in a man of the match performance in Manchester United's win
* The 32-year-old set up opening goal and scored another in 3-0 win at Brighton
* Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was left full of praise for the Spaniard's display

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised the influence of Juan Mata after the Spaniard starred in Manchester United's Carabao Cup win at Brighton.

The visitors ran out 3-0 winners as the 32-year-old Mata laid on Scott McTominay's header before tucking away his 50th goal for the club, with Paul Pogba's deflected free-kick wrapping up the victory.

There was nowhere near the drama of United's last-gasp Premier League win here at the Amex Stadium four days ago, with a combined 19 changes across both sides.

Juan Mata put in a man of the match performance in Manchester United's win at Brighton

In a first half of little chances, Mata won a free-kick before dusting himself off to cross for McTominay to head United in front.

He then doubled the lead himself, having also scored in the win at Luton in the previous round.

'His composure and experience (is vital) for a young team,' Solskjaer said of the former Chelsea midfielder, who was captain for the night.

The midfielder was crucial for United's first goal in a 3-0 win having been fouled. His resulting free-kick was headed home by team-mate Scott McTominay before the break

'I think he created more or less every moment in this game that was of the highest quality in an attacking sense.

'He is a very valuable member of the squad and a top professional. It is never easy to tell him when he's not playing.

'He has had a fantastic career, he has won whatever there is to win more or less.

'He is an example for everyone to look at, how you conduct yourself and how you perform when you get the chance.'

United moved into the last eight following the win as Solskjaer looks for his first piece of silverware as boss.

The Spaniard then doubled United's lead in the second half with a cool finish at the Amex

The Red Devils reached the semi-finals of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Europa League last season and the Norwegian believes those near misses will help his players this year.

'Definitely,' he replied when asked if it will add drive to his squad.

'We are already now in the quarter-finals and of course depending on the situation in December we are going to want to go through to the semis again. The semi-final defeats, of course they hurt.'

Brighton boss Graham Potter felt the scoreline was harsh on his players after what he thought was an even contest.

'I thought it was quite an even first half,' he said.

'We were in the game but then really disappointed with the goal we concede before half-time. In the end 3-0 looks a tough scoreline but I think it was a competitive game from our perspective.

'They bring on Pogba and (Marcus) Rashford and it becomes a little more complicated for you. I thought we competed and had some good moments, I've no problem with that and the spirit of the players.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8792137/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-hails-influence-Juan-Mata-Manchester-Uniteds-win-Brighton.html
Old 12-10-2020, 06:27 AM   #727
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sangat disayangkan jika Mata hengkang karena termasuk pemain penting nih (menurut saya)...

Sudah Saatnya Juan Mata Ucapkan Selamat Tinggal ke MU
Afif Farhan - detikSport

Manchester - Sepertinya saatnya sudah tiba. Juan Mata harus meninggalkan selamat tinggal kepada Manchester United.

Dua musim terakhir, Juan Mata sudah tidak mendapat kepercayaan masuk skuad utama Manchester United. Manajer Ole Gunnar Solskjaer lebih banyak mencadangkannya.

Juan Mata cuma dimainkan di kompetisi seperti Piala FA dan Carabao Cup. Dirinya sudah minim bermain di Liga Inggris, yang cuma sekadar jadi cadangan.

Dilansir dari The Sun, Juan Mata kabarnya sudah mendapat tawaran menggiurkan dari salah satu klub di Arab Saudi. Hanya saja tak disebutkan, dari klub mana.

Informasi yang didapat, Juan Mata bakal dikontrak selama semusim dengan angka 11,5 juta paun atau setara Rp 220 miliar. Angka yang cukup besar untuk pemain di usia 30 tahun ke atas.

Juan Mata direkrut Manchester United dari Chelsea di tahun 2014. Pemain asal Spanyol tersebut sudah mencatatkan 257 penampilan di seluruh kompetisi dengan torehan 50 gol dan 45 assist.

Mata sudah membawa MU meraih sekali titel Piala FA, trofi Liga Europa, dan sekali juara Community Shield. Kontraknya di MU akan habis di akhir musim ini.

Sebenarnya, ada opsi perpanjangan kontrak selama setahun. Tapi pihak Juan Mata, tampaknya akan menolak opsi itu.

Sudah empat pekan Liga Inggris berjalan musim ini, Mata belum sekalipun diturunkan. Dia cuma diturunkan di Carabao Cup selama dua pertandingan dan sudah mengemas dua gol dan satu assist.

Apakah Juan Mata akan benar-benar pindah di akhir musim ini? Kita nantikan saja.
Old 13-10-2020, 10:38 PM   #728
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Juan Mata Tolak Tawaran 'Wah' dari Klub Arab Saudi
Mohammad Resha Pratama - detikSport

Manchester - Juan Mata masih setia dengan Manchester United. Padahal Mata belum lama ini mendapat tawaran kontrak besar dari klub Arab Saudi.

Mata sudah memasuki tahun keenamnya berseragam Setan Merah. Seiring usianya yang mulai menua, peran Mata di tim juga jadi berkurang. Musim ini, Mata baru bermain dua kali, semuanya di Piala Liga Inggris dengan torehan dua gol.

Dari tiga pertandingan yang sudah dilalui MU di Premier League, Mata belum sekalipun merasakan menit bermain dan bahkan dua kali tidak masuk skuat. Ini makin membuat masa depan Mata dispekulasikan.

Apalagi musim lalu, Mata cuma bikin tiga gol dari tujuh assist dari 37 penampilan di seluru kompetisi, yang lebih banyak dilakoni di laga-laga non Premier Leauge. Maka ada isu kalau Mata memang ingin pergi.

Dengan kontraknya yang akan berakhir musim panas tahun depan, MU mungkin lebih baik melepasnya Januari nanti jika tak ingin kehilangannya cuma-cuma. Kebetulan Mata sempat didekati salah satu klub Timur Tengah. Kompetisi di sana memang kerap jadi persinggahan terakhir para pemain top Eropa, sebelum pensiun.

Dilansir AS, ada klub Arab Saudi yang tak mau disebut namanya menawarkan gaji 18 juta paun per musim atau sekitar Rp 345 miliar, agar Mata mau meninggalkan MU. Gaji itu rupanya sudah dinaikkan dari tawaran awal senilai 11,5 juta paun.

Sayangnya, Mata menolak tawaran menggiurkan itu dan memilih setia bersama MU. Juan Mata disebut masih pede soal peluangnya bersaing di tim utama, meski harus melewati adangan Bruno Fernandes, Mason Greenwood, dan bahkan Daniel James.

Mata sudah punya 50 gol dan 45 assist dari 257 penampilan untuk Manchester United di seluruh kompetisi.
Old 24-10-2020, 07:14 AM   #729
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHICH RED BEST UNDERSTANDS JUAN MATA?

Juan Mata is no stranger to forming connections on the football pitch.

The Spaniard has shared a dressing room with some of the sport’s most revered figures during a sparkling career, but Juan has revealed that he particularly relishes playing alongside Portuguese talisman Bruno Fernandes – a link-up which reaped impressive benefits during last Saturday’s 4-1 win over Newcastle United at St James’ Park.

In that game, Mata assisted Harry Maguire’s equalising goal, while Fernandes scored the key second - which Mata was also involved in - and laid on Marcus Rashford’s late effort, and the pair proved a troublesome prospect for the Magpies’ midfield throughout as the Reds created an impressive 24 chances on Tyneside.

“I enjoy playing with [Bruno] and with players like him. I think we understand football in the same way,” Juan told United Daily.

“We both like to play in spaces and play and move, to create opportunities for our strikers. We understand each other really well on the pitch.

“With one look between us, we know where we want the ball, we know where we’re going to move.

“Of course, it doesn’t always work but we try to play together because we understand each other really well.”

This weekend, United take on Mata’s former team Chelsea in the Premier League, as we look to build on our promising form since the international break.

With the capital club boasting half-a-dozen new signings in their ranks, it should prove to be a noteworthy occasion in more ways than one for the 32-year-old, who could count Blues’ manager Frank Lampard as a team-mate while at Stamford Bridge.

“It’s always special for me to play against them. I’ve still got many friends in there,” Mata added.

“I know Frank, we were team-mates. I know how good he is as a manager and of course how good he was as a player.

“It will be tough because they’ve got great new players in the squad. They have a big squad, so a lot of players can play and do well.

“We need to make sure we are ready for that and that we are ready to play at our best level, like the last two games. If we play in that way, I’m sure we will be close to winning.”

Another three points for the Reds would provide a real boost ahead of a difficult-looking home tie against RB Leipzig in midweek, before Arsenal visit Old Trafford next Sunday.

Juan is keen to keep up the momentum of mid-October and help United progress up the table, after a difficult opening month in 2020/21.

“We knew we had crucial month in front of us with very difficult games.

“We managed to play well in the first two, so we want to keep the momentum for the next ones we have.

“[We have] Chelsea, Leipzig, Arsenal coming so we need to make sure we are at our best level and get points.”

www.manutd.com
Old 02-12-2020, 09:24 AM   #730
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Juan Mata says he is trying to 'stay strong in my head' to be ready for selection at Manchester United despite falling out of favour with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as midfielder admits it is 'not always easy' to be motivated

* Juan Mata has admitted his struggles at Man United after falling out of favour
* He has seven starts in all competitions and said it was hard to keep motivated
* The Spaniard he wanted to 'stay strong in my head' to ensure he is ready to play

Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata had admitted his struggles to keep motivated after finding himself on the fringes of the team this season.

The Spanish midfielder has started just seven games in all competitions this season and has been unable to persuade manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that his displays in training warrant a place in the team.

The Red Devils haven endured an up and down season so far and have lacked creativity at times, but Mata has not had many opportunities to boost their cause, and instead he has been forced to remain patient on the bench.

Juan Mata says he is trying to 'stay strong' mentally despite being out of favour at Man United

The veteran midfielder opened up about how hard it has been for him to stay in a positive frame of mind despite his lack of game time, but insists he is doing his utmost to 'stay strong' mentally.

'I try to stay strong in my head, to train as best I can, to be physically and mentally ready every time someone calls me,' he told L'Equipe, via the Mirror.

'Even if, of course, it's not always easy to be so when you don't play every game.'

The Spaniard admitted it was 'not easy' to stay motivated while on the fringes of the team. He has had to settle for just seven starts in all competitions under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (R). Mata has been a loyal servant to Manchester United and has played more than 250 games

Mata has been a loyal servant at Old Trafford since joining from Chelsea for £37million in 2014. He has entered his eighth season with the club, featuring more than 250 times and playing his part in winning three trophies so far.

But he has slowly seen his time on the pitch evaporate year by year. Last year he made just eight league starts but was picked in the line-up 16 times in the 2018-19 campaign.

This season he has scored twice - both coming in the League Cup - and will quickly switch his attentions to the Champions League for the final group stage game at home to PSG.

It represents a big chance to impress Solskjaer should be he called upon, and Mata is predicting a stern test after United edged to a late 2-1 win in the reverse game on Wednesday night. A point will be enough for qualification to the knockouts.

'PSG are an excellent team, who recently played in the Champions League final,' he added. 'During our match at the Parc des Princes, we had performed well.

'But given the evolution of the group, I am sure that the Parisians will come to Old Trafford to win. We know how dangerous they can be.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9005769/Juan-Mata-says-trying-stay-strong-head-Man-United-despite-falling-favour.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 248
29may, A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, achiell, adhe united macz, adi_Giggsy, adnan44, agil7, Agoenk Mancunian, agylbonez, ailverson, aldysetiabudi, alfariziee, alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, Alin Giggs, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, Aman, aMieBeckz, Anak.Kecil, and1, Andaresta, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, ANDRE INX, andrydjemb4, Anto MJ, apiddMX, Ardiey11, arief.ashary, arief_oct, arik_, arnaldo_x1, arthaphore, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, aulia.damarreza, ayahocta, Azrul Red United, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bnknk, BobbyMartial, bombom, bucay deathbat, bul bul, Bulma, cantonaaws81, capt_gunts, chevy solskjaer, chincarito, clsenz, CurlHargo, czr, damar, Danang Pambudi, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, delongedee, DermawanIsUnitedFans, De_Silvia, Dhanny09, dhany_kai, dhodoadrian, dwitri27, ecly_watchaa, Efri Loebay, Eka UPC, ekomasihoke, endhy_cantona, ersalamanda, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fadnaticdevils, Fajar_, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fey777, FikriFadillah, finza_13, Fitransyah Putra, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, FZwrLUcoom, GeaErang, Geary_7, goodfron, GraceSharon, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, hairos, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, Hendy, hwstars94, hzent, ibamoswaldo, iblismerah, id4y, idandisini, ilyasprawibawa, Imron Setyo C, indi30, indigoerz, indraaveiro, ipod7111, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, irvanr, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, jaxians, jifortin, jojo poenya, K3nny_11, King_Cantona, kobe1928, Kurnia Alif, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, lanoya, lauraniza, Lucky_Cantona007, LUKIwae, maksum231, marviel, masbay, mbah mangun, MCR7, MichaelMU, mousetrap, mowtown, Muhammad Nizar, muhammadaulia, mygalzbiatch, myramadhani, Nanda Vukanovic Mufc, nandasmith, NdeGue, nobitanta, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, Nuroel, nu_reccayasha, octus, oldark, ongen Vidic, paiman, panda777, PatrickSquare, penk22_, puji purnawan, ramzy_has, Rean, Red Army, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, red.jasmine, RedMachine, Redsbusby, redunited, red_devilz, red_girl_mia, Rendi Pardi, revald, Revino Talan, rio vander vidic, ripkey, Riskur, Rissal, Rizana, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, Robiescream, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, roodee_UID, Roronoa Rooney, RPM, SatriaRedArmy, scar721, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, shastro, Shi no Gekai, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, Subagio U. Arra, sutan.gibson, swareksa, tasho, ted, teguhprasetyyo, Tevan, theater of dream, thiar22, tienli80, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, TriyasmokoME, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, udhetewur, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, Uwie_andriana, VaDLi, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vhijhe, Victory, wazza_ampuh, wira_ozora, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, xvolter19, YANGWAN, Yayat Dg Kulle, YUDHA ACHMAD, Zee de Wazza, zeifel, Zhacc20, zudomiriku, Zulfan