United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 26-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default [RIP] Dave Sexton

25/11/2012 15:39 - ManUtd.com, Nick Coppack
Dave Sexton passes away

Former Manchester United manager Dave Sexton has died, aged 82.

Sexton, a Londoner who also had spells at Leyton Orient, Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers and Coventry, spent four years at the Old Trafford helm.

He took over in the summer of 1977 and although he didn't win any silverware during his four-year tenure, led the Reds to the 1979 FA Cup final.

FA director of football development Sir Trevor Brooking told the Football Association website: "It is a sad day for English football.

"Anyone who was ever coached by Dave would be able to tell you what a good man he was, but not only that, what a great coach in particular he was.

"In the last 30 to 40 years Dave's name was up there with any of the top coaches we have produced in England - the likes of Terry Venables, Don Howe and Ron Greenwood. His coaching was revered."
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [RIP] Dave Sexton

ESPN - November 25, 2012
Former Chelsea boss Sexton dies

Former Manchester United, Chelsea and England Under-21 manager Dave Sexton has died aged 82.

Sexton enjoyed a long and successful managerial career, and won the FA Cup and Cup Winners' Cup during his seven-year tenure at Stamford Bridge.

He also had two stints in charge of England Under-21s, first leading the team to back-to-back European titles in 1982 and 1984 - during a 13-year reign which ended in 1990 - and then returning to the helm between 1994 and 1996.

Former Chelsea, Man United and England Under-21 boss Dave Sexton has died aged 82

His managerial career began at Leyton Orient and from there he moved on to Chelsea, before enjoying spells in charge of QPR, Man United, the England Under-21 team and Coventry.

The Football Association's director of football development Sir Trevor Brooking paid tribute to Sexton, and claimed he was up there with the top coaches England has produced.

"It is a sad day for English football," Brooking said. "Anyone who was ever coached by Dave would be able to tell you what a good man he was, but not only that, what a great coach in particular he was.

"In the last 30-40 years Dave's name was up there with any of the top coaches we have produced in England - the likes of Terry Venables, Don Howe and Ron Greenwood. His coaching was revered."

A former player with Luton, West Ham, Leyton Orient, Brighton and Crystal Palace, Sexton was awarded an OBE in 2005 for services to football.

In an official statement on Chelsea's website the club labelled him "one of the greatest managers" in their history, while two of Sexton's former players also paid homage to him.

Peter Bonetti, the club's keeper during the Sexton era said: "He was fantastic, I've got nothing but praise for him. He passed away peacefully last night. I've spoken to his wife and it's come as a complete shock because he was such a lovely man.

"Everybody loved him and everybody respected him here at Chelsea and he will go down in the club's history as being such a fantastic guy who brought us so much success. He was a football fanatic, it's so sad and I really can't believe it.

"Everything he did was fantastic, the fact we won the FA Cup in 1970 was a big memory."

Clive Walker added: "It is very sad news because he is the manager who brought me into the game. He was an inspiration to football in that period because of the way he coached which was totally different to how it had been the generation before.

"There was a legacy at Chelsea from his involvement and when he came to coach us kids as we were then, it certainly helped us a lot."
Old 26-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
rondwisan

Old 26-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Turut berduka cita ...
Namanya tertutup kebesaran Sir Matt Busby dan Sir Alex Ferguson ...
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
VaDLi
first team
fb.com/vadli | twitter @vadli

Thanked 1,733 Times in 898 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
VaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant future

Visit VaDLi's Facebook Visit VaDLi's Twitter Visit VaDLi's YouTube

#davesextontribute #davesexton

#mufc record P201 W81 D64 L56 F290 A240 Diff+50 Win%40.30

at #oldtrafford P97 W51 D30 L16 F159 A83 Diff+76 Win%52.58

Away Record P100 W29 D32 L39 F126 A152 Diff-26 Win%29.00
Old 27-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
rondwisan

26/11/2012 15:15 - ManUtd.com, Nick Coppack
Macari leads Sexton tributes

Reds legend Lou Macari has paid tribute to Dave Sexton, the former United manager who passed away on Sunday 25 November, aged 82.

Macari was a regular during the four years Sexton was in charge of the club between 1977 and 1981 and described the London-born manager as "football mad" and*"a real gentleman".

"Of all the managers I worked with, Dave Sexton was my favourite," Macari told ManUtd.com.

"At United I also had Tommy Docherty and Ron Atkinson, who were both larger-than-life characters, sharp and witty. But sandwiched between them was Dave Sexton, who was the polar opposite.

“Dave was laidback, chilled out and a very nice man. He was football mad - he lived for the game - and a real gentleman.

"After I left Old Trafford I saw Dave quite a few times at various football matches and he always had a smile on his face. His name for me was "Little Fella"... for obvious reasons!"

Although Sexton led United to the 1979 FA Cup final and oversaw a second-place finish in the league in 1979/80, he failed to win a trophy at Old Trafford and was sacked at the end of the 1980/81 season.

“He wasn't the most popular manager we've had and a lot of fans complained he wasn't tough enough," Macari said.

"I think that's just because he was quietly spoken. He wasn't one to rant and rave or make a scene for the cameras.

"He came from a boxing family - his dad Archie was a pro - and certainly to those of us inside the dressing room he gave the impression that if you stepped out of line he'd knock your head off. He was tough but didn't tell everyone about it.

“Dave also suffered because he followed Tommy Docherty. The Doc loved the spotlight and the media loved him - they loved that he'd give them headlines and controversial quotes. Dave was the opposite.

“I remember one day, in the week leading up to a Manchester derby, some of the press boys collared me and asked me to have a word with Dave and convince him to give them a few lines.

"So I saw him and suggested he tell the press that we were going to smash them 5-0. He almost fell over. 'There's no way I'm telling them that!', he said. 'What if we don't win?'

“That's the type of man he was:*an honest guy and a fair competitor. It's really sad to hear of his death.”

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
Abe7, aleeyswifta326, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Dino De Gea, fajrinited, fey777, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, VaDLi, Vanz Wazza, Victory