United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 09-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Matthew Lee "Matty" James

08/12/2009 12:38 - ManUtd.com, Ben Hibbs
Exclusive Q&A: Matty James

Matty James was one of five young Reds included in United's Champions League squad in Wolfsburg. ManUtd.com caught up with the 18-year-old Bacup-born midfielder at the team hotel to discover how he's found the experience so far...

So, how did you find out you were going to be on the trip?
I found out on Sunday, but I certainly wasn’t expecting it. When you find out that kind of news you’re over the moon. It was a really great moment for me and the other lads to be told ‘you’re travelling to Wolfsburg with the first-team’.

How did your family and friends react to the news?
I sent my dad a text when I found out and I’m not sure he believed me! It was a bit out of the blue, I was going in for a normal training session and then found out the news. My family and friends have all been in touch, but I’ve just focused on the game to make sure I’m ready if needed.

It’s not great for United to have all these injuries, but it’s a fantastic opportunity for you…
That’s what happens in football. One person drops out and you have to fill the place. Injuries are part of football, though not usually to the extent United are experiencing at the moment! For us it’s a great opportunity to come to a Champions League away game, it’s a fantastic experience for me.

When you were training last night in the Volkswagen Arena – did it sink in that you could be playing in front of 30,000 people in a Champions League game this evening?
I was looking around thinking, ‘you never know what can happen’. I don’t know if I’ll be on the bench yet, but if I am – and this goes for all of the young lads – you have to think there’s no reason why you can’t get on and make a difference. If the opportunity is there you’ve just got to try and take it. Training last night was a bit surreal – everything happened so quickly and all of a sudden I’m training with the first-team squad ahead of an important Champions League match! It’s been great so far.

Have you been involved much in the first-team set-up before?
I was on the bench against Hull for the last game of last season when I was only 17. I was in the Carling Cup squad for the game against Barnsley. I’ve had a bit of a taste of it, but not to the level of a Champions League game. Any time you’re with the first-team it’s a really big buzz so I’m enjoying it.

What are the key things you’ve learnt?
The main thing is seeing how the senior players prepare for a big game. They’re so professional. It just makes you think that while you can enjoy yourself, you’re here to do a job and you have to be really professional in everything you do.

Reckon you’ll get on tonight?
Well, we don’t know just yet. But you just have to prepare like you’re going to play anyway so that if you are called on you are ready. And also we might be asked to play somewhere that’s not necessarily your natural position. But I'd do anything to play in any position at United, I’ll even go in nets if I’m asked!

Even if you didn’t get the chance to play, how much will this whole experience help you?
It’s a massive confidence-boost just being in the squad, being around the team, or even just watching pitchside and getting that view of the game. You learn so much. I’m only 18, and this is another stepping stone to trying to get in the squad and hopefully, at some point, on the pitch.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Matty James

Name: Matty James
Position: Midfielder
Main attributes: Engine, two-footed shooting and playmaking

First team experience: Matty was an unused substitute in last season’s Premier League finale at Hull, and again in this season’s Carling Cup win at Barnsley.

His season so far: Having excelled for the Reserves last term, James’ 2009/10 domestic campaign has been punctuated by international call-ups, including a captain’s role in England’s ill-fated U19 World Cup campaign. His knack of retaining possession and picking the right pass has been invaluable for the second string, and he is always liable to chip in with the odd scorching goal from distance.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
Old 09-12-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
rondwisan

Rochdale-born Matthew James is a versatile and adaptable player, capable of filling in at the back – which he did at the start of the 2007/08 campaign – even though his preferred position is in midfield.

“He’s primarily a midfielder but he can also play in defence if we need him to,” explains his former Under-18s boss at United, Paul McGuinness.

“He’s a very good all-round footballer with good technique. He can pass short and long and he’s good in the air. His versatility is a real asset to the team.”

James' talents came to the fore in the 2008/09 season as he did as

much as anyone to propel Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Reserves to second place in the Premier Reserve League North. He also shone in the Reds' successful cup runs, scoring a cracking long-range goal against Preston in the Lancashire Senior Cup semi-final victory. In fact, James showed a real eye for goal all season – especially from distance – and ended the campaign with four goals to his name.

His progress was duly noted by those at the top, who offered James professional forms on 1 July 2009.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
sir_otz
first team
Aku adalah Aku

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
sir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nice

Salah satu football pundit BBC, Steve Claridge.... menyebutkan nama Matthew James sebagai salah satu pemain diantara 7 pemain pilihannya yang diperkirakan bakal bersinar di Championship
============================

Steve Claridge's Championship magnificent seven

Matthew James, 18
Preston North End (on loan from Manchester United)
Midfielder

James has been a regular performer in Manchester United's reserve team
James is very highly thought of at Old Trafford and will no doubt be eager to prove himself over the course of a full season at Deepdale.

He played 18 games on loan at Preston last season and impressed, doing enough to be named captain for the England Under-19 team at the European Championships this summer.

It is not a "gimme" that when a player comes out of Manchester United or Arsenal they are going to be a good player. Sometimes players come out of the bubble of a big club and cannot hack it. But if James can show his character again, he will be a real asset for North End.

Code:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/8881914.stm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sir_otz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Ya bagus lah.. Saat ini united diisi youngster potensial diposisi gelandang tengah.Dari yang baru lulus cleverley,lalu ada matty james yang lagi di-loan. Juga ada corry evans. Blom lagi anggota reserve laim seperti eikrem dan anggota u-18 pogba. Bisa jadi beberapa tahun lagi 3 dari 4 pemaen tengah diisi fletcher,cleverley dan matty james. Moga musim ini prestasi dan perkembangannya james lebih baik dari musim lalu.
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
drivemein
first team
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice

‘England Star in the Making’ – Matthew James
-footballfancast.com-

Next on our list of potential England stars in the making is Manchester United and England U-20 international midfielder Matthew James.

James is a product of the famous Manchester United academy at Carrington. He joined the club at a tender age and has been progressing rapidly through the ranks at United. Jones made his first academy appearance as a fourteen year old back in 2005 when a young Jones played for the U-18 side. The next season saw Jones gradually work his way into regular contention, appearing eight times for academy manager Paul McGuinness’ U-18 side before establishing himself as a regular in 2007. The 2007-2008 season also saw James make his first appearance for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s reserve team where the talented youngster was to become an integral part of the team’s future success.

During his time in the reserves, Jones established himself as one of the premier midfield talents in the country in the 2008-2009 season where his combination of passing, vision, technique and long-range shooting helped to fire United to second place in the Premier Reserve League North.

One of James’ main strengths is his versatility, as he is able to play in defence as well as in his preferred position in midfield. James’ style of play has seen him being compared favourably to Paul Scholes due to his devastating long-shots and a keen eye for a pass. These attributes can be seen in a number of performances Jones turned in for the United reserves with Jones scoring a searing long-range drive against Preston along with an exquisitely measured through ball for Federico Macheda to score against Newcastle (starting 0:29 in the second video).

These qualities were not to go unnoticed by Sir Alex Ferguson who called James up to the senior side, naming the young midfielder to the substitutes bench for United’s final day victory against Hull City in May 2009. His impressive performances in the reserves earned James a professional contract and he was given the number 43 shirt for the 2009-2010 campaign.

Last season saw James join Championship club Preston North End on loan in February 2010 along with fellow United teammate Danny Wellbeck until the end of the season. James excelled in the Championship, scoring a debut goal against Sheffield United and going on to make eighteen appearances for the Lillywhites. This season sees James rejoin Preston on a season long loan where he has featured in three of Preston’s games so far, scoring once in the League Cup in Preston’s 5-0 win against Stockport.

In addition to his club career, James has also had an illustrious international youth career becoming a regular fixture in the England youth team at various different levels. James was a perennial inclusion in the U-16 and then U-17 side which he captained, before progressing to the U-19 set up in 2009 being part of the team which reached the European U-19 Championship Finals that year. James was given the honour of captaining the U-19 side against Russia in September 2009, an honour he held during this summer’s European U-19 Championship held in France.

Matthew James is a player that has an exciting future in the game. His second loan spell at Preston North End is an opportunity for James to gain some valuable first team experience to help aid his development into a possible Manchester United and England starter in the coming years.
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drivemein For This Useful Post:
Old 17-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #7
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Sip lah..aku mendukungmu james. Moga makin berkembang permainannya dan segera ngikutin jejak cleverley nembus tim utama dan berduet sama fletcher.
Old 21-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
Ridwanox
academy
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ridwanox has no contributions yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrian.seven View Post
Sip lah..aku mendukungmu james. Moga makin berkembang permainannya dan segera ngikutin jejak cleverley nembus tim utama dan berduet sama fletcher.
yang muda yang berprestasi
Ridwanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #9
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Up... up... thread yang lamaaaaaa banget. Kini si empunya dah come back dari cedera panjang. Sempet dapet label "England Star in the Making" tapi akhirnya harus berjuang lawan cedera.

Pogba, Tunni, James, Petrucci dan beberapa pemaen potensial di U-18... banyak juga pemaen potensial di posisi CM di level reserve dan junior.

Man Utd management convinced of Matty James potential
tribalfootball.com on Thu, 03/22/2012 - 03:17

Manchester United expect big things from fit-again midfielder Matty James.

The former England Under-19 captain clearly has potential and is looking to feature for the Reserves again on Thursday night against Aston Villa.

""Matty is a tremendous professional," reserves coach Warren Joyce told ManUtd.com. "When I go out watching the boys on loan, he was one who really excelled and was very impressive. He enjoyed his time at Preston and did exceptionally well. "

"If you look at how well Tom Cleverley has done and how he progressed through his loan, Matty was certainly on a par with how he was performing in the Championship at an even younger age. So it's been disappointing for him how his career was put on hold and he's desperate to get himself going again.

"He's worked hard in training and I'm delighted to have him with us. Hopefully, he can kick on from this.
Old 23-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
fadilbedil
first team
cimahi-bandung

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
fadilbedil is a jewel in the roughfadilbedil is a jewel in the roughfadilbedil is a jewel in the rough
Visit fadilbedil's Facebook Visit fadilbedil's Twitter
Default Re: Matthew Lee "Matty" James

ternyata habis cedera panjang
pantes aja gak ada namanya tiap tim reserves tanding belakangan ini kirain udah pindah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

fadilbedil is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
Deddy Hernandez, dudut, fredrian.seven, ndoxvenom, ole, Tamanaro, Trezz Kiko