United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 14-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Scott James Wootton

14/10/2010 08:58 - ManUtd.com, Steve Bartram
Get to know... Scott Wootton

Prior to his short-term loan to Tranmere, 19-year-old defender Scott Wootton sat down with us to discuss his fine start to the season, playing alongside seasoned internationals and his own controversial switch from Liverpool to United…

How did you come to leave Liverpool and join United?
I was an Under-16 at Liverpool and I felt the path through to the first team or even to the Reserves was blocked by the number of players that were being brought in from abroad, who weren’t necessarily better than the English players already there. Those players were being brought in by Rafa Benitez and they were being played ahead of the English players coming through. They offered me a scholarship but I turned it down. Luckily for me, United were interested. They took me on a week’s trial and once I knew they were interested I didn’t want to look anywhere else. I’ve never looked back since.

Is it true that Liverpool fielded you as a 14-year-old in an under-18s tournament?
Yeah. When I was playing for the Under-15s, I went to a tournament in America with the under-18s who had won the FA Youth Cup twice in a row. Steve Heighway took me along. I was only 14 and he told me that the club had only done that with two players before, Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard, so I felt very privileged.

How different are the youth set-ups at United and Liverpool?
In terms of the football that both clubs try to play, it’s similar. The youth set-ups are quite different, though. Here you have the Under-9s to Under-14s training in the evening; the youth team, the Reserves and the first team all train together. At Liverpool there were two completely separate buildings. When I was there Melwood was just for the first team and Reserves, while the Academy was just for the Under-18s.
When you go full time in the Liverpool Academy you don’t get to see the first team or Reserves, which is different to how it is here. I think it’s much better here that you’re surrounded by players who you aspire to be like. You see them around the building, watch them training and it motivates you. Plus you feel more of a part of the club here. You’re around the players, the coaching staff, the ground staff, everyone.

How do you think you’ve developed since coming to United?
I think I’ve developed well since I came here as an Under-16. I’ve got bigger and stronger, although I still need to work on that. I’m quicker, but that’s still a weak point and I need to work on that too. I think my heading over the last 12 months has really improved, and my reading of the game, and my technique has obviously improved. Most general things have developed as a result of full-time training.

Does training with the senior players help?
Definitely, and we train with them more than you’d probably think. The day after a game the first-team squad members who didn’t play train with the Reserves, because the Reserves isn’t a massive group. It also happens during international weeks, when you’ve got the older players and those who aren’t picked for their countries – the likes of Paul Scholes, Giggsy, Gaz Nev. We train with them and that’s great for us because you can see the things they do and pit yourself against them. You might try to mark them, or they’re marking you, and you can see how you get on. It’s really good.

Who have you come up against recently?
During the September international break we had Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville. Plus Dimitar Berbatov has retired now, so has Wes Brown, so you’re playing against them. Even in little possession games you can find yourself up against Rio, or Scholes – he is unreal in training, he and Giggs are unbelievable. So if you’re tackling them and doing well against them, then it’s a great boost.

How did you find the experience of playing alongside Rio and Wes in the Reserves?
It was brilliant. Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] said to me before the Oldham game: “Just enjoy playing with the England captain.” At the time you’re just so focused on playing well that you can only appreciate it when you look back. Throughout the game he was always talking, and when he tells you “well done” for something you’ve done right, it doesn’t half boost your confidence. The same applies with Wes. Wes is really an international defender; he’s chosen to retire. So when he’s talking before the game and telling you what to do during it, it’s a great lift. The same applies to when he tells you what to do next time, if you’ve made a mistake. They’ve been there and done it, so they know exactly what they’re talking about.

You’re usually very vocal on the pitch; were you giving orders back to them?
Yeah! That’s another thing Ole said to me before the game. Obviously they’d be talking to me and trying to help me through, but he said: “You talk to them too. Don’t you think you can’t give them advice because it’s Rio or Wes. They know they’ll be getting the right information.” You just tell them the right thing – whether there’s a man coming or something like that. Ole told me not to be scared, and I don’t think I was.

Specifically, what would you say you’ve picked up from the two of them?
Deciding when to go tight to a player and when to drop off, when the ball’s being transferred between the midfield. And if there’s a runner in behind, when to track the run. Both Wes and Rio were telling me to take the first man, so as the ball was being transferred and the player was coming across, for me to go tight and then they’d cover behind. You don’t get that information as much when you’re lower down the age groups. They’re very clear and that helps the team.

You’ve had a great start to the season; what’s next for you?
I’d like to keep on playing. I played a lot of games last season and I want to play every single game in the first half of this season. I just want to kick on, do some more training with the first team and hopefully catch the manager’s eye – either there or by playing well in the Reserves. It’d be great if there was an opportunity in the Carling Cup. You never know. But at the minute I’ve just got to concentrate and keep trying to impress.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
sellamanyaunited
first team
kadang labil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
sellamanyaunited is a jewel in the roughsellamanyaunited is a jewel in the roughsellamanyaunited is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Scott Wootton

wah pemain muda transferan dari pool ya?
masih masuk di tim reserve kan ya dia?
gak salah pilih ternyata keunited hehehe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sellamanyaunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
K3nny_11
academy
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
K3nny_11 Ready for being a real United Indonesia

he is quite good in FM.. wonder if it's the same in the real life...

soalny dari dulu defender potensial sering banget dijual2xin ama MU meskipun kalo dari level-ny tuh mayan mampu bersaing utk jadi cadangan.. (cth:Cathcart, Shawcross, Spector, Bardsley, etc)
K3nny_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Sir Alsep Ferguson
Founder
talk less do more

Thanked 1,090 Times in 424 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of lightSir Alsep Ferguson is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3nny_11 View Post
he is quite good in FM.. wonder if it's the same in the real life...

soalny dari dulu defender potensial sering banget dijual2xin ama MU meskipun kalo dari level-ny tuh mayan mampu bersaing utk jadi cadangan.. (cth:Cathcart, Shawcross, Spector, Bardsley, etc)
yg paling sukses kayaknya shawcross ya deh

well, anyway...
dari hasil interview nya, sepertinya youngster ini sangat merasakan perbedaan antara liverpool dan united, khususnya hubungan antara junior dan senior pemain. Lebih enakan di united di bandingkan di liverpool

ya semoga dengan sering berinteraksi dengan senior players....bisa berkembang lebih baik ke depannya....karena masa depan united juga berasal dari para youngster nya .... dan united salah satu tim yang terbaik dalam menerbitkan para pemain2 muda nya ...
Old 12-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #5
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

11/11/2010 21:14, Report by Steve Bartram
Wootton rues 'patchy' display

Scott Wootton was dissatisfied with the Reserves’ draw against West Brom.

Although the Reds twice took the lead, the Baggies could easily have taken all the points after spells of sustained pressure and three late near-misses.

“We did alright in patches,” Wootton told MUTV. “It wasn’t our best performance and we could have done a lot better, especially in the first half. I think we dug in quite well in the second half, we were under the cosh at times, which we were disappointed about because we want to be putting them under the cosh.

“Overall I don’t think we deserved to win the game if we’re being honest with ourselves. A draw’s probably a fair result. It’s disappointing to lose both of our leads, but we didn’t play that well and didn’t really deserve to win.”

Wootton’s outing was his first for the Reserves since returning from a successful loan spell at Tranmere, but the 19-year-old defender is keen to implement the lessons he learned at Prenton Park.

“I really enjoyed it,” he said. “I learned a lot and it was good for me and my development as well. But I can’t rest on my laurels and think I’ve done well there; I’ve got to push on, keep training hard and hopefully it’ll get me places.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Individual Win Games, But Teams win Titles
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Man Utd to hand ex-Liverpool junior Wootton new contract
21.03.11 | tribalfootball.com

Manchester United are handing defender Scott Wootton a new contract.

The People says United are giving young centre-half Wootton a new two-year contract as a reward for his progress.

The 19-year-old has been a stand-out for the reserves – also enjoying two successful loan spells at League One Tranmere – and boss Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to tie him down as he closes in on the first-team squad.

Wootton was snapped up from Liverpool after falling out with Academy management.

Sedikit info tentang Wootton..

Position : Centre-back
Date of Birth : 12th September 1991
Place of Birth : Birkenhead, England
Height : 6ft 2in (1.88m) approx
Previous Clubs : Liverpool

Belajar dari Shawcross, jangan cepet2 dijual. Dipinjamkan aja dulu aja...
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott James Wootton

23/07/2012 07:59 - ManUtd.com, Gemma Thompson in Shanghai
Wootton's tour delight

Young Reds defender Scott Wootton spoke exclusively to ManUtd.com at the end of the South Africa leg of the DHL Tour 2012.

Two games into the tour, how are you feeling?
I'm delighted to have started both games and play a full 90 minutes on each occasion. And when I look back over the two games I have to be happy with my performances. There are a couple of things I'm disappointed about, but overall I'm very pleased. I've learnt loads of little things from playing alongside people like Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick. I think I've coped well in these games.

Do you feel comfortable alongside Rio?
Yeah. I think we've done fairly well together. We've both been talking to each other on the pitch. He has years of experience so he knows exactly where to be. All the information he gives is always spot-on. It's fantastic for me to learn from someone like him.

How's the body feeling? Getting up to full fitness?
I feel pretty good. A couple of us have played two full games, so that's really helped. In pre-season you just want to get minutes under your belt, so I'm happy with how that side of things is going. So far, so good.

What have you made of the reception United have enjoyed on tour?
It's crazy. You try and imagine what it's like to travel with United to these places but you have to see it with your own eyes before you can understand it fully. There are fans outside the hotel, there are fans at the airport when we leave or arrive somewhere. It's unreal.

Has this experience made you even hungrier to break into the first-team more permanently?
Everybody's already hungry to get into the first-team but coming away and experiencing these things just drives you on further. I'm even more determined to make it now.

Has being on tour with fellow young players helped ease you into the first-team environment?
I think so. It's great having some other young lads here. That's probably made it easier for us to mix but the first-team guys are just normal people. They're not these mega superstars that sometimes read about. They're normal people who have done well. Everybody mixed with everybody else. It's been really enjoyable.

You've started both games at centre-back. Is that where you want to end up?
Definitely. Centre-back is where I've played most of my senior career, although I've played in holding midfield and at right-back during my loan spells. They were great experiences and I'll take things on board from those positions, but ultimately for me it's all about becoming the best centre-back I can.

What do you hope to have achieved by the end of this tour?
I hope to have started three games on tour and played every minute of every game. I'll then have a bag of experience from playing alongside Rio and hopefully I'll have enhanced my reputation with the staff here at this club. I'm only young and I'm still learning. But there have been a lot of positives so far and I just hope it continues.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
Old 24-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
rondwisan

24/07/2012 09:58 - ManUtd.com, Nick Coppack
Wootton maturity admired

Rio Ferdinand has praised central defensive partner Scott Wootton for his maturity on the DHL tour.

The young stopper was promoted to the first-team squad for the first time after loan stints with Peterborough and Nottingham Forest last term and has not looked out of place alongside the Reds' tour skipper.

"I think he’s done really, really well," said Ferdinand. "He’s a young lad but he has quite a mature head on his shoulders. He reads the game well and he’s unfazed by playing in big stadiums and being on tour or around the first team.

"I think all the young lads have done well. It’s great for them to come in and get an opportunity to impress the manager and the coaching staff. There’s pressure, sure, but the ones who handle it best and show what they can do are the ones who will get the chance to come into the first-team dressing room a lot more during the season. This is a big opportunity for them and they have to grab it with both hands."
Old 30-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
Red Stain
reserve player
Red till i die

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Red Stain will become famous soon enough

punya potensi lebih baik dari si J evans.. semoga bisa sering dapet kesempatan do musim depan, jgn sampe bernasib kaya si Ryan Shawcross deh
Old 30-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
Redsbusby
BANG to the KE

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,811 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Redsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond repute

Kalo penampilan jelas evans menang bro..
Tp klo ngomongin penampilan wootton dibandingin evans diumur yg sama mungkin iya lugas si wootton, gw harap bs bikin 'sesuatu' lah di OT, jgn sampe senasib ama Pique, bek tengah potensial dilepas dan bersinar terang diklub lain..
Redsbusby is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 44
Aba_MaczUnited, aGhaa, aldysetiabudi, Brian Agni, cie_1, dudut, Emank_1412, fadilbedil, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, HenryRooney07, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, irfan_mancunianred, irhamutd, K3nny_11, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, oldark, ole, ollacarla, Raihan_UKI27, raviKiko14, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, Rizana, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, taz_devil_utd, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, wira_ozora