United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 01-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #111
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Phillip Neville

EXCLUSIVE: NEVILLE'S UPDATE ON MANAGERIAL PLANS

Phil Neville has given an update on his managerial future and hinted his next coaching job may lie in club football.

The former Manchester United stalwart has been head coach of the England Women’s national side since January 2018, but it was confirmed last week that Phil will leave the role when his contract expires next year.

Speaking on the latest MUTV Group Chat, the Academy graduate - who made 386 first-team appearances for the Reds - was asked about the coverage surrounding his upcoming career change.

“It was strange really because I still have 14 months left on my contract,” Phil explained. “I was getting messages from players thinking I was leaving straight away.

“My aim was to manage at the Euros next summer, with the first game being at Old Trafford, but, because that was put back, it got out that I wouldn’t be in charge for the Euros in 2022. Ultimately, I think it’s died down now and it’s just business as usual really. There’s still a long way to go.”

As well as managing the Lionesses, Phil has plenty of coaching experience with England Under-21s, Valencia and, of course, at United. However, the 43-year-old has no specific plans in place for his next role and is still focused on his current position.

“I think because it seems so long away - 14 months away [I haven't made any plans]. We’ve got another eight camps and maybe an Olympics to go to, so it’s in the back of my mind,” he said.

“I approach it as I did with the end of my career, as I did when I joined Valencia, that’s with a completely open mind. Whatever opportunities come my way, I will think about them. Ultimately, the biggest thing I want to do is finish the job with the Lionesses, which I’ve absolutely loved.”

While Phil isn’t thinking too far ahead, he did admit the daily work involved with club management appeals to him.

“I think what I would say is that international management can be really frustrating. You only get the girls for 12 days and it’s really intense - then you let them go back to their club managers and you can’t impact them for another three or four weeks,” he added.

“I think, when you’re young in management and you’ve got that energy, the day-to-day is probably now the next thing I’m looking for. I want to impact players more than on the international level.”

One manager who made the switch from coaching at international level, to club management, is United Women’s head-coach Casey Stoney. Neville knows the Reds boss well from their time together at the Lionesses and the former full-back was full of praise for the job she’s doing with the Reds.

“She was my assistant for the first six months,” Phil said. “I met her and, straight away, thought she was going to be a top coach.

“Within three months, I knew that she was getting frustrated with having no time on the grass and no matches to cover because of the international calendar. So the job at United came up and I told her she had to go for it.

“For me, she’s one of the best young coaches in the world, no doubt. The way she went into United and built a team within three months and got promotion, then the performances this year have been phenomenal.

“I think United are very lucky to have someone with that experience and standing within the women’s game, but also someone who is an outstanding coach and that should be something that everyone should know.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #112
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'People talk about Scholes - but he reminds me of Veron': Phil Neville compares Bruno Fernandes to a Manchester United FLOP... but says teams will take 'extra protection' when they face the Portugal midfielder

* Juan Sebastian Veron joined Manchester United for £28.1m back in 2001
* But he struggled to adapt and was sold to rivals Chelsea in 2003
* Bruno Fernandes's technical skill reminds Phil Neville of Veron's talent

Phil Neville says that Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes reminds him of Juan Sebastian Veron - despite the Argentinian being regarded as a notable Old Trafford flop.

Fernandes made an electrifying start to life in Manchester before the coronavirus outbreak halted the season but United will return to action on Friday against Tottenham.

And Neville, another former United midfielder, heaped praise on the Portuguese midfielder.

Phil Neville has heaped praise upon Manchester Unitd midfielder Bruno Fernandes. Neville said Fernandes reminds him of Old Trafford flop Juan Sebastian Veron

'He’s a really technical player, always wants to take the ball,’ Neville told Premier League Productions.

‘People talk about Paul Scholes but he reminds me more of Veron with the way he’s got that invincibility of taking people on, a lot of shots from distance.

‘The positions which he takes up I think are really interesting. He always finds space.'

Veron was brought to United by Sir Alex Ferguson in 2001 in what was then a record £28.1m transfer from Lazio.

The Argentina midfielder had been Serie A's star man but struggled to adapt to the pace of the Premier League and in 2003 Ferguson sold him to Chelsea.

Neville, who played alongside Veron, also said that Fernandes brings a different option to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's midfield.

Fernandes made a super start to life at United, who return to action on Friday evening. Fernandes has been compared to former United star Paul Scholes

‘Fred, (Scott) McTominay and (Nemanja) Matic are all ball-winners, all have got the energy but haven’t got the technical ability of Fernandes.

‘A lot of teams will have seen a lot of his games since he came to England and I just wonder whether they will take extra protection when playing against Manchester United now.’

Despite a three month break, United will need Fernandes to hit the ground running when their season resumes on Friday against Tottenham.

United are fifth in the Premier League standings and qualifying for the Champions League is imperative for Solskjaer and United.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8430405/Phil-Neville-compares-Bruno-Fernandes-Manchester-United-FLOP.html
Old 08-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #113
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Phil Neville's son Harvey follows in his dad's and uncle Gary's footsteps as 18-year-old defender signs his first professional contract at Manchester United

* Phil Neville's son Harvey has been playing at youth level for Manchester United
* Both Phil and his brother Gary had successful playing careers at Old Trafford
* Now Harvey is set to follow in their footsteps after penning professional terms

Phil Neville's son Harvey has penned his first professional contract with Manchester United.

The 18-year-old, who is a defender like both dad Phil and his uncle Gary were, has signed a one-year deal with the Old Trafford side after turning 18 late last month.

Harvey broke the news on his own Instagram account, revealing that he had signed a contract.

He said: 'Proud to have signed my first professional contract with Manchester United.'

Phil Neville's son Harvey has penned his first professional contract with Manchester United. Harvey has impressed at youth level for United and has been rewarded with a one-year deal. The 18-year-old is a defender like his dad Phil was during his playing career

He continued: 'Thank you to all my family and coaches for their support'.

His dad Phil was one of the first to comment on the post, firing off red, white and black circles – United's colours – and adding a heart emoji at the end.

Harvey's latest task is to earn a place in United's Under 23s side before aiming to break into the first-team, like his dad and uncle.

He is following in famous footsteps, with Phil having played for United, Everton and England while his uncle Gary spent his entire playing career with the Red Devils.

Both won the Premier League on numerous occasions and captured the Champions League – while Gary has gone on to have a successful career as a pundit.

Both his dad Phil and uncle Gary had successful careers with Manchester United. Harvey previously spent time with Spanish side Valencia when his dad was a coach there

Harvey – who is also the nephew of former England netball international Tracey – could have followed a different path to Gary and Phil, having started his career at Manchester City.

He also spent time at Valencia when his dad was a coach there – with Gary also taking charge of the Spanish side for a short spell.

He went back to United in 2018 though and has also spent time with the Republic of Ireland's youth set-up.

While he is now a defender, Harvey began in midfield before moving to a berth at right-back – like both Phil and Gary.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8497169/Phil-Nevilles-son-Harvey-signs-professional-deal-Manchester-United.html
Old 11-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #114
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Australia Women line up Phil Neville as new manager with former Manchester United star to leave role in charge of England's Lionesses

* Phil Neville has made the three-person shortlist to manage Australia Women
* The England Women head coach will not be having his contract extended
* An early exit would suit both parties with this job being a perfect solution

Phil Neville has made the shortlist for the Australia women's coaching job with the FA eager for him to leave his England head-coach role before the start of next season.

The FA announced that the former Manchester United defender's contract would not be extended beyond next summer last June.

An early exit would suit both parties and the Australian FA's interest may be a convenient way out.

Phil Neville has made thethree-person shortlist for the Australia Women's coaching job. The FA are eager for him to leave his England head-coach role before the start of next season

Neville is understood to feature on Australia's three-person shortlist, which also includes American dual World Cup-winning coach Jill Ellis and Arsenal Women manager Joe Montemurro.

The FA are also keen on Ellis, who is close to the Lionesses physical performance coach Dawn Scott.

Holland coach Sarina Wiegman another main candidate.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8613609/Australia-women-line-Phil-Neville-new-manager-FA-having-decided-not-extend-contract.html
Old 13-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #115
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Berbeda dengan saudaranya, Gary yang kurang sukses dalam melatih dan kini menjadi komentator, Phil bisa dibilang aktif dalam karir manajerial kepelatihan pasca pensiun sebagai pemain..
Old 11-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #116
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Phil Neville 'is included on Sheffield Wednesday's shortlist to replace Garry Monk as manager' as he prepares to leave his role as England women's boss... with Sol Campbell, Tony Pulis, Nigel Pearson and Paul Cook also in the running

* Phil Neville is a potential candidate to be the next Sheffield Wednesday manager
* The Owls sacked Garry Monk with the club second bottom in the Championship
* Sol Campbell, Paul Cook, Nigel Pearson and Tony Pulis are also in the running
* Neville is waiting to hear whether he will manage Team GB at the Olympics

Phil Neville is reportedly a potential candidate to replace Garry Monk as Sheffield Wednesday manager.

Monk was sacked on Monday with the Owls sitting 23rd in the Championship following a points deduction at the start of the season, which was cut from 12 to six last week.

Neville is set to leave his role as England Women boss in July after revealing he would not be renewing his contract in April. And according to Sky Sports News, he is on Sheffield Wednesday's shortlist as they search for a new manager.

The former Manchester United player is known to be keen on moving into club management after almost three years in international football.

Neville is waiting to hear whether he will be given the chance to lead the GB Women's team at the rearranged Tokoyo Olympics in 2021 with the FA expected to announce their decision this month.

Wednesday are understood to have drawn up a shortlist which also includes former Arsenal and England defender Sol Campbell, Wigan manager Paul Cook, Tony Pulis and Nigel Pearson.

Phil Neville is reportedly a potential candidate to replace Garry Monk at Sheffield Wednesday. Monk was sacked on Monday with the Owls currently sitting in 23rd in the Championship. Neville is waiting to hear if he will get the chance to lead the GB Women's team at Tokyo 2021

Campbell is currently out of a post after leaving Southend in June. He took charge in October 2019 but could not save them from League One relegation when the season was ended prematurely by the coronavirus pandemic.

However, Cook is the early favourite having been out of work since leaving Wigan following their relegation from the Championship in July.

Pearson played for the Owls between 1987 and 1994 and has been out of management since he was harshly sacked by Watford.

Pulis left Middlesborough after the club failed to make the play-offs in the 2018-2019 season.

Neville led England to the semi-finals of the 2019 World Cup where they were beaten by the United States, the eventual winners.

The 43-year-old's contract with the FA included the 2020 Olympics as well as the 2021 Euros, due to be held in England, but both tournaments have been put back a year.

England announced Sarina Wiegman would be Neville's successor in August but she will not take charge until after managing Holland at Tokyo next year with Neville overseeing fixtures and training camps until July.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8933701/Phil-Neville-included-Sheffield-Wednesdays-shortlist-replace-Garry-Monk-manager.html
Old 17-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #117
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Phil Neville 'set to coach Team GB women's football team at Olympic Games in Tokyo' after he leaves his role with the England team in July

* Phil Neville is leaving his role as England women's boss in July after two years
* He is set to be announced as coach of Team GB women at the Tokyo Olympics
* Neville has made no secret of his desire to coach the team at the Olympic Games
* Announcement is expected in January after being delayed by the coronavirus

Manchester United legend Phil Neville will coach Team GB women's football team at the Tokyo Olympics after leaving his role with England, according to reports.

The 43-year-old has made no secret of his desire to coach at the Olympics, and it appears he will get his chance in 2021, at the rescheduled Tokyo Games.

The Times report that Neville will be announced as the team's coach next month, following a considerable delay due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It has already been confirmed that Neville will leave his England role in July, and the Team GB coaching job is expected to be his last job in women's football for now as he eyes a return to the men's game.

The report claims that the FA had wanted to announce Neville as the Team GB coach as early as October, but the pandemic has caused a number of delays.

It has been written that logistical issues, travel restrictions and the branding of the announcement have complicated Neville's transition from England to Team GB.

When Neville leaves his role as England boss, he will be replaced by Sarina Wiegman, who will also be at the Tokyo Olympics coaching Holland.

Phil Neville is expected to take charge of Team GB women's football team at the Olympics. Neville (left) is leaving his role as the England manager in July after two successful years

As recently as November, Neville played down his chances of coaching Team GB at the Games, when he insisted he 'didn't know' if he would receive the call-up.

Speaking at the last England camp, he said: 'I don't know if it is going to be me. I said in the last camp that I expected the decision to be imminent and I still think that.

'Hopefully it'll happen soon and the players can concentrate on who is the boss of Team GB and there can be total clarity.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9058511/Phil-Neville-set-coach-Team-GB-womens-football-team-Olympic-Games-Tokyo.html
Old 19-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #118
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville insists his brother Phil - who 'thinks about football every minute of every day' - has got the Inter Miami job on merit and not because he's David Beckham's 'mate'... and 'he'll know what's going to happen' if he doesn't succeed

* Gary Neville has praised his brother, Phil, for taking over at MLS side Inter Miami
* The younger Neville left his role with England Women early to accept the hotseat
* Former Manchester United team-mate David Beckham is a co-owner at the club
* The pundit insisted that his sibling will receive no favours if he does not succeed

Gary Neville has fiercely praised the devotion of his brother, Phil, to coaching after he was appointed the new boss of MLS side Inter Miami.

The rookie club manager confirmed that he had left his role with England Women six months early on Monday, taking up his new position after being hailed as 'a natural leader' by Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham.

Likening his younger sibling to Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney on Sky Sports, Neville revealed: 'I know how much Phil thinks about football every minute of every day.

Gary Neville has responded to jokes that his brother's Miami role is a case of 'jobs for the boys'. Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham knows Neville from their Man United and England days

'They're on the training pitch, writing the sessions down every day for the last six, seven years and they absolutely adore it and love it and they're passionate about it.

'I want him to do well because I know how hard he works at it. The reason Phil gets opportunities is through his hard work and thinking about it every single day.'

Beckham spent decades with the brothers at Manchester United but Neville dismissed any suggestion of favouritism and warned that the role demanded results.

He insisted: 'I know my brother and I know David Beckham - he wouldn't give his mate a job if he thought that he couldn't do it.

The older Neville brother has warned that the devoted manager is under pressure to succeed. Beckham will be watching on as boss Neville works to bring success to the newly-formed club. Gary Neville launched a staunch defence of Phil after he was asked to discuss the appointment

'[Phil's] gone into women's football, which was a massive step. He accompanied David Moyes at Manchester United and that obviously wasn't the best experience but that made him stronger, in my opinion, not worse.

'He'll have gone through a process over there - it wasn't David Beckham who selected the manager for Inter Miami unilaterally.

'The amount of investment and time... they need it to be a success. It's a serious job over there that needs to be done, and if he isn't doing it well then he'll know what's going to happen.'

Beckham described Neville as a 'natural leader' after the former England defender signed a two-year deal with his club.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9161571/Gary-Neville-hails-brothers-passion-praises-Phil-joining-David-Beckhams-Inter-Miami.html
Old 20-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #119
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Semoga Phil sukses berkarir di MLS bersama Inter Miami
Old 03-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #120
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Phil Neville insists his appointment at Inter Miami was NOT a gift from his pal and former Man United team-mate David Beckham, as he claims the interview process was 'as hard as any I have done'

* Ex-Lioness coach Phil Neville was appointed as the Inter Miami boss in January
* Neville is adamant that he was not 'given' the job by his friend David Beckham
* He says the interview process 'was as difficult as any' others he has experienced

Phil Neville is adamant that he was not 'given' the Inter Miami job by his old friend and former Manchester United team-mate David Beckham.

Having joined the American outfit in January, Neville says the interview process 'was as difficult as any' others he had experienced and claims it was difficult to 'convince' the owners that he was the 'right person'.

The former Lioness manager secured his first victory against Philadelphia Union on April 25 after moving Stateside.

Former Lioness manager Phil Neville was appointed as the Inter Miami boss in January

Neville played with Beckham on Manchester United from 1994 to 2003 and England’s national team from 1996 to 2007.

The former Class of '92 pair are also part owners of fourth-tier Salford City in England.

However, Neville claims his relationship with Beckham has nothing to do with his appointment as the MLS club's manager.

Speaking to TalkSport, Neville said: 'When I was looking at this job I have to say, and you're probably not going to believe me, but the interview process was as hard as any I have done.

Neville (M) is adamant that he was not 'given' the job by his old friend and David Beckham (L). The former Class of '92 pair are also part owners of fourth-tier Salford City in England. However, he claims their relationship was not why he was appointed as the MLS manager

'In terms of convincing – not David, David knows my qualities and we'd been speaking about this for a long time – but the other owners, the Mas family who are major shareholders in the organisation, they wanted to know and they wanted to pick the right person.

'They had sacked a manager after 12 months which they didn't want to do, and they knew they had to make big, big changes and they have invested a lot of money into the facilities.

'Our training ground is worth £80m and it's as good as anything in European football – it's the best in America.

'Ultimately they liked me, they employed me and we've got off to a good start.'

Beckham - who was given ownership of a future MLS team at a discounted rate as part of his transfer to the LA Galaxy in 2007 - has also hit out at claims he hired Neville due to their friendship.

He said during a press conference: 'Of course, people are always going to turn around and say, oh, it's because he's your friend. It's nothing to do with him being my friend.

'Our ownership group don't just employ our friends. We employ the best people, whether it's on the field, off the field, in our backroom staff, the staff that we have work in our training facility, at the stadium.

'We are running a serious soccer club here. And I think at the end of the day, we hire people that we feel are best suited for the job.'

Inter Miami are seventh in the Eastern Conference with four points from two matches and are in action later on Sunday against Nashville, their third match of the season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9534539/Phil-Neville-insists-appointment-Inter-Miami-NOT-gift-David-Beckham.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 76
Aba_MaczUnited, adhe united macz, alfiandrmwn, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andry26, ardie febrianto, arymashuda, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, Bulma, chincarito, cupen7, cyrius, ecly_watchaa, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, ghopoereds, Gustar_UIBontang, h-ANG, hendiplast, iamsetia, ing areese, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, jifortin, keeprelax, Lang25, Lucky_Cantona007, MCR7, merick, MichaelMU, Muhammad Nizar, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, octus, oldark, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, penk22_, reddevilmaniac, revald, rio vander vidic, rizluq, ronald hars, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, Syarifeghy, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, Victory, victory II, Wibiebintang, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku