United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 14-12-2020, 05:41 AM   #351
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Luke Shaw

SHAW ENCOURAGED BY UNITED'S FAST DERBY START

Luke Shaw believes Manchester United have started a repair job on the problem that had become the team's Achilles heel this season.

Prior to the draw with Manchester City, the Reds had not made the quickest of starts in a number of games since this campaign opened in September, often falling behind.

That habit has meant United have had to dig deep and produce some impressive comebacks but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men haven't always been able to overtake opponents on the last lap.

It proved costly in the Champions League last Tuesday when we were knocked out of the elite European tournament by RB Leipzig in the final Group H match in Germany, after being 3-0 down before pulling back two late consolation goals.

And after the 0-0 derby stalemate at Old Trafford in the Premier League, left-back Shaw told MUTV that United could not afford another ponderous start against our Manchester rivals.

“On Tuesday night, there were a lot of mistakes from individuals and maybe us as a team,” he said. “But the most important thing was the start of the game.

“We haven’t been starting well and that has cost us and we have been quite lucky at times in the second half that we have come back from being very sloppy in the first half.

“But today we started more brightly and we needed to against a team like Man City.

“This is the Premier League, not just Man City. You need to concentrate in every single game you play because, if you look at the games before this, we have been conceding goals maybe from mistakes and lack of concentration and we need to improve on that.

“Tonight was maybe a start of how we need to go on.”

Shaw told Sky Sports: “I would be lying if I said we haven’t stared really slowly in recent games, the last three or four. Maybe even in most of the games this season.

“We said before the game that we needed to start brightly because if you don’t against Man City, you could be looking at being three or four down before 30 minutes.

“We started better, but we can still push more and start brighter in games and we need to keep our heads up and focus on Thursday (away at Sheffield United).

“It was very tight and a very even game. We made it difficult for them at times. They couldn’t get their normal rhythm going. I think we defended very well.

“Either team could have taken it towards the end. We both had chances but we will take a point and move on.

“A point is better than none and maybe we could have taken it towards the end but Man City are a very good team and we showed tonight we are improving.

“Derbies before this have been more dominated by Man City but we have showed a bit more about us and there is still a lot more to come. We know we have to improve to be fighting at the top. We have to keep our heads down and work hard.“

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #352
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

MARTIN KEOWN: Luke Shaw put in his best performance in a Manchester United shirt at Anfield... but this was a missed opportunity for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jurgen Klopp

* Luke Shaw put in his best performance for Manchester United against Liverpool
* He was the standout performer in a back four that defended incredibly well
* United left Anfield having missed opportunities against Jurgen Klopp's side

This was Luke Shaw's best performance in a Manchester United shirt I've seen.

He was the standout performer in a back four that defended incredibly well with Scott McTominay and Fred sitting in front.

There was one moment in the second half when instead of trying to skin Shaw, Mohamed Salah turned and passed backwards. Salah has given many a defender nightmares, but didn't want to try his luck against Shaw in this instance.

Harry Maguire endured a difficult start to the season, as we all know, but the England defender was a leader alongside Victor Lindelof, who was given the nod ahead of Eric Bailly.

This was Luke Shaw's best performance in a Manchester United shirt that I've seen. He was the standout performer in a back four that defended incredibly well against the Reds

Together, United were a tight unit and now Liverpool haven't scored in the Premier League since December 27. This one game represented a big opportunity for Jurgen Klopp's side.

Any doubts creeping in to the group, they could have got rid of them, along with the added bonus of dismissing a direct rival and striking fear into the rest of the Premier League. They didn't do that.

Instead, United are the ones leaving having missed a great opportunity against a side with weaknesses at the back and whose standards from last season have dropped significantly.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9157431/MARTIN-KEOWN-Luke-Shaw-best-performance-Manchester-United-shirt-Anfield.html
Old 01-02-2021, 12:50 PM   #353
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw criticises team for not taking 'countless massive chances' in 'slow' and 'sloppy' Arsenal draw as he insists dropping two points is unacceptable

* Luke Shaw branded Man United's failure to beat Arsenal as unacceptable
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side were held to a goalless draw at the Emirates
* Edinson Cavani, in particular, was guilty of two glaring misses in the second half

Luke Shaw branded Manchester United's failure to beat Arsenal as unacceptable after they dropped more points in the title race.

Three days after losing to bottom-of-the-table Sheffield United, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side were held to a goalless draw at the Emirates despite creating the better chances.

Edinson Cavani, in particular, was guilty of two glaring misses in the second half as United fell three points behind leaders Manchester City who have a game in hand.

Luke Shaw (right) branded Manchester United's failure to beat Arsenal as unacceptable

'We didn't look like we wanted to play,' said Shaw. 'We created the chances and failed to score again and it cost us two points. At times we were too slow. Second half we were sloppy and gave the ball away.

'We dropped points in midweek and again here. If we want to be in the title race, we have to be winning these games. I don't know what more to say.

'The chances we had, I don't think it's acceptable to come away with a point.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side were held to a goalless draw despite creating the better chances

'I felt we were in control. Arsenal had a spell but we were comfortable and had countless massive chances we haven't taken.'

Solskjaer was a little more phlegmatic over the result but admitted that United's failure to take their chances away to Liverpool and Arsenal, when both opponents were missing key players, has proved costly.

'Every game in the Premier League is tight but the two you're talking about we feel we were close to winning them,' said the United boss.

Edinson Cavani (left bottom), in particular, was guilty of two glaring misses in second half

'We had two massive chances against Liverpool and two massive chances today that were put wide. To get those four extra points we need a little bit more quality and to be more clinical.

'Today with the chances we had we feel that we should have won it, but then you have to score to win.

'Definitely that's something I want my forwards to sort out. They've scored so many goals throughout their careers.'

A new club record of 18 away games unbeaten in the top flight was the only consolation for Solskjaer.

'That's a great achievement by these players and the group,' he added. 'It just shows how far we've come as well - 18 games is a long run but we hope to get some more wins, of course.

'We don't think about the title race now, we're in January.

'The disappointment on Wednesday was big, but today gives us more belief again because we feel we dominated and created enough big chances to win the game. You can never control that result though.'

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta was happier with a point given that his team was without Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Kieran Tierney and Bukayo Saka.

'I thought it was a fair result,' he said. 'I think both managers probably think they should have won it.

'We played faced to face against each other and both teams wanted to win it.

'The fact we had three of our best players out probably had an impact but I was really happy with the players that played today.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9205655/Manchester-United-defender-Luke-Shaw-criticises-team-Arsenal-draw.html
Old 10-02-2021, 09:20 AM   #354
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Luke Shaw opens up to Gary Lineker on the 'very hard time' he had under Jose Mourinho - and insists Solskjaer's 'man management is second to none' as he enjoys his best season at Manchester United

* Luke Shaw and Jose Mourinho endured a frosty relationship at Man United
* Mourinho regularly criticised the left back, particularly against Everton in 2017
* Shaw admitted the criticism hurt but knew keeping quiet was the best policy
* The England defender has praised Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's role in his resurgence

Luke Shaw has admitted he went through a 'very hard time' at Manchester United when he was on the receiving end of criticism from former boss Jose Mourinho.

The duo endured an extremely strained relationship during the current Tottenham manager's two-and-a-half years spell at Old Trafford.

Mourinho was particularly scathing in his assessment of the England left back during a stalemate against Everton in 2017 when he claimed he had to 'make every decision' for Shaw, and their relationship did not improve before the Portuguese departed in 2018.

Luke Shaw admitted he went through a 'very hard time' at Man United under Jose Mourinho. The duo endured an extremely strained relationship for two-and-a-half years at Old Trafford. Shaw found the criticism difficult but admitted the best policy was to keep working hard

And asked by Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker how the comments made him feel, Shaw told the BBC: 'It was a very hard time because sometimes I wasn't able to get my word across or people were only hearing it from one side of the story.

'I knew at the time it was better just to keep quiet. A lot of people were behind me here so I knew I had the backing but I knew I needed to keep quiet and improve.

'I have gone through a lot which has made a better person.'

Shaw has enjoyed a resurgence this season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with five assists in 26 appearances so far this season, his joint-best return since joining for £30million from Southampton in 2014.

Shaw has returned to form under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and praised his man management

And the 25-year-old has praised the Norwegian's man-management skills and feels the belief he has felt from him has helped him excel this season.

'Ole's style is benefiting me the most and that I have had for a while,' Shaw added. 'His man management is second to none, he is really good.

'I feel he knows exactly what he needs to do to get the best out of the players.

'It is always nice to have an arm around the shoulder, I would be lying if I said it doesn't make you feel better, but it is just the confidence and belief that the manager has shown in me has pushed me on to another level.

'There is still much more to come I think and I am still quite young so I still have time to improve.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9242325/Luke-Shaw-opens-Gary-Lineker-hard-time-Jose-Mourinho-Man-United.html
Old 11-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #355
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ian Wright accuses Jose Mourinho of 'degrading' Luke Shaw when he was in charge at Manchester United and hails left-back for 'turning it around' under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Old Trafford

* Luke Shaw was regularly targeted by Jose Mourinho when he was at Old Trafford
* Former Manchester United boss criticised Shaw for lack of desire and bravery
* Ian Wright described treatment from Mourinho of the left-back as 'degrading'
* He's since turned around fortunes and is performing under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Ian Wright has hit out at Jose Mourinho's treatment of Luke Shaw when he was in charge of Manchester United, calling it 'degrading'.

The former Arsenal striker, now a pundit, was speaking about the left-back's transformation into one of United's leading players prior to their win over West Ham in Tuesday's FA Cup clash.

'Luke Shaw when he came to United from Southampton was a fantastic player, but he fell away a bit', Wright said on the BBC.

Ian Wright accused Jose Mourinho (right) of degrading treatment of Luke Shaw (left). The former Arsenal striker was remarking on Shaw's transformation for Manchester United

'He had injuries and lost form, but he has turned it around. He is fitter, stronger and is showing what he is capable of.

'Some of the treatment he got from Jose Mourinho was degrading - I didn't like to see it.'

Shaw joined United in 2014 and was the most expensive teenage player in history at the time, costing £33million.

He initially struggled with form, fitness and injury problems and those issues would not abate when Mourinho took charge in 2016.

The Portuguese routinely singled him out publicly for his shortcomings.

Shaw found the criticism difficult but admitted the best policy was to keep working hard. The duo endured an extremely strained relationship for two-and-a-half years at Old Trafford

Prior to a game against Swansea, Mourinho said: 'Luke Shaw told me this morning that he was not in the condition to play so we had to build a defensive line.

'There is a difference between the brave, who want to be there at any cost, and the ones for whom a little pain can make a difference.'

After a draw against Everton in 2017, he said: 'He was in front of me and I was making every decision for him. He has to change his football brain.'

Then the following year Mourinho delivered a stinging assessment of Shaw in comparison to Nemanja Matic: 'Matic was an island of personality, desire, and control surrounded by a lack of personality, a lack of class, and a lack of desire.'

Shaw was rested on Tuesday but came off the bench to help United seal their 1-0 progression to the next round.

Left back Shaw has been one of Manchester United's most consistent players this season

Before the game he remarked on his transformation: 'I always believed in myself.

'There were times where maybe people were thinking "maybe he could leave", but I always believed that one day I would be able to fight my way back into the team and show people what my qualities are.'

And when addressing Mourinho's critical words, he said: 'It was difficult because I wasn't able to get my word across.

'A lot of people were behind me here, so I knew I had that backing, but I just needed to keep my head down and keep quiet.

'People were saying negative things about me but I just look back at it as a learning curve and something that has improved me as a person off the pitch, not just on it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9244313/Ian-Wright-accuses-Jose-Mourinho-degrading-Luke-Shaw-charge-Manchester-United.html
Shaw juga mengalami perkembangan dalam segi permainan & performa, salah satu pemain yg konsisten. menurut saya sih 3 besar pemain terbaik United musim ini : Bruno, Tominay & Shaw
Old 09-03-2021, 08:39 AM   #356
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville claims Luke Shaw is the 'best left back in the country' after stellar Manchester derby display but warns Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that the United defender looks 'on the edge' physically and how he is handled in the next few weeks is important

* Luke Shaw played a starring role in Manchester United's derby win over City
* The defender scored the Red Devils' second goal on Sunday to record a 2-0 win
* Gary Neville believes Shaw is currently 'the best left back in the country'
* But Sky pundit is concerned that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may be over-using him

Gary Neville has named Luke Shaw as the best left back in the Premier League after his stellar display helped Manchester United to a derby victory over bitter rivals City on Sunday.

Shaw scored the Red Devils' second goal in a 2-0 win at the Etihad Stadium and also kept a clean sheet to end a run of 21 consecutive wins for Pep Guardiola's side in all competitions.

Former United full-back Neville hailed Shaw for his derby display but hinted that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may be overusing the defender after he went to ground with injury late on during Sunday's clash.

Gary Neville called Luke Shaw 'the best left back in the country' after the win at City. Shaw (right) scored United's second goal in a surprise 2-0 victory over their bitter rivals City

When asked about Shaw, Neville told Sky Sports: 'He's been outstanding this season for United. A Luke Shaw (that is) fit, a Luke Shaw (that is) physically good, a Luke Shaw (that is) confident is the best left back in the country, in my opinion.

'But all those three things being combined at once has probably only happened at certain points in his career. And that's been a problem for him. But certainly this is the best period he has had.

'We've seen him in the last week or two go down in a couple of games like he's just on the edge a little bit. And that would worry me if I was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. I just think how they handle him in the next few weeks is important.'

Neville praised Shaw for his defensive and physical capabilities so far this season. Neville hinted that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may be over-using Shaw and raised fitness concerns

Many feared for Shaw when United splashed out over £15million on Porto left back Alex Telles this summer but the Englishman has nailed down his spot as a first-choice option in recent weeks, starting all but one of United's league games since December 20.

Overall, the 25-year-old has played 32 times in all competitions and laid on six assists. Shaw's positive displays have brought him back into the discussion of an England recall, with his last Three Lions appearance coming nearly three years ago.

Neville claims England manager Gareth Southgate will now be back-tracking after seemingly 'giving up' on the left back and believes Shaw is in line for an appearance at this summer's European Championships.

The former United man believes Shaw is in line for an England recall ahead of Euro 2020

The former United man added: 'Gareth Southgate will be watching him (Shaw) intently, thinking, "well I know Luke Shaw. I've seen him before".

'He had (almost given up on Luke Shaw before) and you can't give up on him now. He's staring right at him and he's thinking, "well that is the best-performing left back in the country at the moment in terms of English left backs".

'But he's physically right, he's mentally right and he's clear of injury so everything's right for Luke Shaw because he's an amazing talent. A brilliant talent.'

Neville also praised Shaw's defensive capabilities and compared the left back to Manchester City star John Stones, who is also enjoying a Premier League purple patch and could feature for England this summer.

Talking about Shaw, Neville claimed: 'Physically he's good, he's got a good height about him, maybe that's deceiving people at home that he's actually very good in the air, he's got a good leap on him.

'He's a bit like John Stones. Both of them have had the best periods in their career but they've got to do it season-in season-out for two or three seasons for us to start to really trust that this is the breakthrough.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9337845/Gary-Neville-claims-Luke-Shaw-best-English-left-stellar-Manchester-derby-display.html
Old 09-03-2021, 08:46 AM   #357
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand salutes Luke Shaw for fighting back to thrive at Manchester United having been 'discarded on the scrap heap' and looking like 'a broken man' under Jose Mourinho

* Luke Shaw has been resurgent this season for Manchester United at left back
* He was marginalised under Jose Mourinho but is now thriving at Old Trafford
* Rio Ferdinand says Shaw deserves plenty of credit for coming back strong
* He believes it looked like England defender 'was on the scrap heap' at one stage

Luke Shaw was 'a broken man' and looked like 'he was on the scrap heap' for Manchester United before fighting his way back, says Rio Ferdinand.

The former United defender, now pundit, believes Shaw deserves enormous credit for reviving his career at Old Trafford this season.

Speaking on his Vibe with FIVE podcast, Ferdinand said: 'I think in seasons gone by, you could throw at him in terms of his application, he looked a little bit off the pace, a little bit lazy at times.

'We have to look at where he's come from mentally by the way, this is a kid who looked like he was on the scrap heap of Manchester United.

'Mourinho discarded him, the kid was a broken man, he's come back from the depths to being one of the most important players at Man United, so you have to commend him for that.'

Shaw joined United in 2014 and was the most expensive teenage player in history at the time, costing £33million.

He initially struggled with form, fitness and injury problems and those issues would not abate when Mourinho took charge in 2016.

Luke Shaw (left) deserves credit for turning his Man United career around, says Rio Ferdinand

The Portuguese routinely singled him out publicly for his shortcomings.

Prior to a game against Swansea, Mourinho said: 'Luke Shaw told me this morning that he was not in the condition to play so we had to build a defensive line.

'There is a difference between the brave, who want to be there at any cost, and the ones for whom a little pain can make a difference.'

He is a player transformed now and Gary Neville recently described him as the best left back in England.

The high praise has been mirrored by Ferdinand, who compared Shaw to former team-mate Patrice Evra.

Jose Mourinho repeatedly singled Shaw out for criticism at United back in 2018 . Shaw has been outstanding for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men so far this campaign

He went on: 'I think Luke Shaw is very similar. Between the boxes, Patrice was the best left back of our generation.

'He could drive up the pitch on his own with the ball, I've not seen anything like it in between the boxes.

'But in their box, did he pick out people as much as Ashley Cole maybe, or Leighton Baines? No. And was he as good defensively as Ashley Cole? I'd say maybe not.

'By the way, in both boxes, aerially, he was brilliant. Patrice was a brilliant player. I see a little bit of that in Shaw - between the boxes, he's unreal.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9340591/Rio-Ferdinand-salutes-Luke-Shaw-fighting-thrive-Manchester-United.html
Old 19-03-2021, 09:48 AM   #358
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Owen Hargreaves claims Manchester United star Luke Shaw has overtaken Liverpool's Andy Robertson as 'the best left-back in the country' and believes the defender has stepped up when Bruno Fernandes has struggled

* Left-back Luke Shaw is enjoying a purple patch for Manchester United this term
* The 25-year-old has one goal and laid on four assists since the start of February
* Owen Hargreaves claims Shaw is now the Premier League's best left-back
* The pundit claims the United man has overtaken Liverpool's Andy Robertson

Owen Hargreaves claims Manchester United defender Luke Shaw has now overtaken Liverpool's Andy Robertson as the best left-back in the Premier League.

Shaw is enjoying a purple patch on the left side of the Red Devils' defence over the past six weeks, scoring in the Manchester derby while also adding four top-flight assists since the beginning of February.

Robertson, meanwhile, has been the English top-flight's best left-back for the last two seasons and helped Liverpool to a first league title in 30 years in 2019-20 - but both the Scottish international and Jurgen Klopp's Reds are struggling this season.

Owen Hargreaves claims Luke Shaw has overtaken Andy Robertson as the Premier League's best left-back. The Man United left-back (right) is in a purple patch and scored against Man City this month

And former United midfielder Hargreaves claims Shaw's upturn in form - which also led to an England recall on Thursday - means he is a vital figure for the Red Devils when star midfielder Bruno Fernandes is not in form.

Speaking about Shaw before United's Europa League tie at AC Milan, Hargreaves told BT Sport: 'He's earned the shirt, right now. He's the best left-back in the country.

'Last year it was Andy Robertson, now it's Luke Shaw.

'If he's fit and healthy, he's one of the best he's proved that.

Hargreaves claims Shaw has stepped up to the plate amid United's creativity issues up front. Liverpool defender Robertson is struggling with the Reds in this season's top-flight. Paul Scholes claims Shaw is benefitting from a recognised striker at Old Trafford

'It's been Luke Shaw and Bruno Fernandes, rotating the player of the months roles.

'He's been magnificent. When Bruno Fernandes has had a quiet day, he (Shaw) has stepped up.

'In the last six weeks he's been fantastic. Luke on that left hand side has been fantastic in terms of creating more than anyone apart from Bruno Fernandes.'

Robertson was one of the star Premier League defenders last term, with 12 top-flight assists and two goals as Liverpool dominated the title race.

But the Scotland captain has struggled to replicate similar numbers and has not registered a goal or assist in all competitions since December 19.

Liverpool have also flopped in their title defence and currently lie in sixth place, 25 points behind leaders Manchester City and five points behind fourth-placed Chelsea.

Shaw and United, meanwhile, have lifted themselves up to second place while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are also targeting success in the FA Cup and Europa League competitions.

Fellow United midfielder Paul Scholes claims Shaw is benefitting from having recognised striker Edinson Cavani at the club, which is giving him the opportunity to show his true worth at Old Trafford.

Scholes told BT: 'You've seen him put a lot of crosses into the box and we've had a proper centre-forward in Cavani in there. His delivery has been brilliant and there's no shock really.

'He's kept himself fit now and he's had the longest run of games in a united shirt. He's showing the benefits from it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9378091/Owen-Hargreaves-claims-Luke-Shaw-overtaken-Andy-Robertson-best-left-country.html
sepertinya Shaw bakal jadi bek kiri terbaik musim ini dan masuk PL Team of The Year
Old 19-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #359
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

We were AWFUL! Luke Shaw slates Man United's display despite beating AC Milan at the San Sire and hails 'world class' Paul Pogba for getting them into the Europa League quarter-finals

* Paul Pogba scored the only goal as Manchester United beat AC Milan at San Siro
* The Frenchman scored the goal just three minutes after coming off the bench
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men are through to the last eight of the Europa League
* Luke Shaw admitted his side got lucky in Milan but praised 'world class' Pogba

Luke Shaw conceded Manchester United were 'awful' in the first half against AC Milan but praised 'world class' team-mate Paul Pogba for seeing them through to the Europa League last eight.

The France midfielder scored the only goal of the game at San Siro just three minutes after coming off the bench to take Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men through with a 2-1 aggregate score.

United therefore remain on course to end their four-year wait for a trophy, with the FA Cup another possibility ahead of their quarter-final against Leicester on Sunday.

Luke Shaw conceded Manchester United were 'awful' in the first half against AC Milan. But he praised 'world class' midfielder Paul Pogba for getting his side over the line at San Siro

But speaking to BT Sport after the game, left-back Shaw admitted United were 'lucky' in the opening exchanges against Stefano Pioli's men, but praised Pogba for 'making the difference'.

'Obviously, we're very happy we're through,' Shaw said. 'I'll be honest, and the lads and staff would agree, we weren't good at all especially first half we were awful.

'The first 10-15 minutes, we started well, kept control of the ball but it was like a switch - we turned off, kept giving away balls, bringing pressure on ourselves and we were lucky.

'Second half it always helps to have a world class player like Paul (Pogba) to make a difference and he did that.

'But we know we need to be better than tonight. Obviously AC Milan are a top side, we knew it would be hard especially coming here.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men remain on course to end their four-year wait for a trophy

'The result was in our favour. It's a very good win and the positive is that we are through, we have players coming back and the squad looks better.

'It's good times now and hopefully we can push on it's a very important one on the weekend.'

England international Shaw, 25, himself came in for praise before the game, with Owen Hargreaves now believing he has overtaken Liverpool counterpart Andy Robertson as the best left-back in England.

Hargreaves told BT Sport: 'He's earned the shirt, right now. He's the best left-back in the country.

'Last year it was Andy Robertson, now it's Luke Shaw. If he's fit and healthy, he's one of the best he's proved that.

'It's been Luke Shaw and Bruno Fernandes, rotating the player of the months roles.

'He's been magnificent. When Bruno Fernandes has had a quiet day, he (Shaw) has stepped up.

'In the last six weeks he's been fantastic. Luke on that left hand side has been fantastic in terms of creating more than anyone apart from Bruno Fernandes.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9378353/Luke-Shaw-admits-Manchester-United-awful-half-victory-AC-Milan.html
Old 22-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #360
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United 'set to reward Luke Shaw's stunning form this season with a bumper new contract that will see him earn more than his current £150,000-a-week Old Trafford deal'

* Manchester United's Luke Shaw is in the form of his career at Old Trafford
* The 25-year-old left-back has one goal and four assists since February 2
* The Red Devils reportedly want to open talks with Shaw on an improved contract
* Shaw deal - which expires in 2023 - sees him earn north of £150,000-a-week

Manchester United are set to open contract talks with Luke Shaw after a stellar season for the left back, according to reports.

The 25-year-old has returned to form in spectacular fashion, with one goal and four assists since the beginning of February, and has been rewarded for his spike in performance levels with a return to the England squad.

Shaw has endured a topsy-turvy time at United following his £34million arrival from Southampton back in 2014 but is now looking forward to a continued run in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

And according to The Mirror, the Red Devils are looking to extend and improve Shaw's £150,000-a-week contract at the club - which still has two years left to run - and United want to make him one of their biggest earners.

Many fans and pundits feared for Shaw's future at Old Trafford when United splashed out £13m on Porto defender Alex Telles over the summer, but the England international responded to that extra competition by taking control of the left-back spot.

Shaw has made 35 appearances in all competitions so far this season and has featured in 25 out of United's 29 league games to date during the current campaign.

His recent displays - which included scoring in the Manchester derby win over Pep Guardiola's City earlier this month - forced Gareth Southgate to call him back into the England fold for the first time in two years, which has pleased Shaw immensely.

Manchester United are reportedly set to open talks with Luke Shaw over a new contract. The left back has improved dramatically under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season in defence

The defender told BT Sport after United's 1-0 Europa League win over AC Milan on Thursday: 'I'm extremely happy, it's a massive honour to get selected for my country and obviously I've been out of the fold for a while.

'I've had ambitions to get back in the side and luckily I've done that. I need to keep going but I'm looking forward to getting back to the England squad and get in there.'

Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves claimed Shaw was deserving of his England call-up as he is one of the best left-backs in England at the moment.

Speaking about Shaw before United's Europa League tie at AC Milan, Hargreaves told BT Sport: 'He's earned the shirt, right now. He's the best left back in the country.

Shaw is set to get an improvement on his £150,000-a-week deal, according to reports. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left) has stuck with Shaw (right) who has been handed an England recall

'Last year it was Andy Robertson, now it's Luke Shaw. If he's fit and healthy, he's one of the best he's proved that.

'It's been Luke Shaw and Bruno Fernandes, rotating the player of the months roles. He's been magnificent. When Bruno Fernandes has had a quiet day, he (Shaw) has stepped up.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9385631/Manchester-United-set-reward-Luke-Shaws-stunning-form-season-bumper-new-contract.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 126
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, achmad.zaky, adhe united macz, adhie21, adnan44, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, asby_ansya, asririzky, ayahocta, bahar_six, bang_zak, basbesbos, Bengzimare, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Cupy, Dafabet, dayat_5, delongedee, Dhanny09, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, ericsuryadi, eyeofday, Fajar_, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hamka Husain Pasonai, HaRrY-UIK, HenryRooney07, HMzqLWaylr, hombreng, hzent, iblismerah, id4y, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, irulrozikin, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jifortin, Jodirama, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, Legolash, Machavellii, matthewsamad, mbah mangun, Michael10, mousetrap, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, oldark, omink_08, Ompiter, paiman, penk22_, prahmono, Redsbusby, revald, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, robby7beckham, Robiescream, ronald hars, Rony_17, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan Smith, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, tasho, timtam, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, victory II, w.keane27, wakhid ronaldo, wazza_ampuh, Wigatrisna SB, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku