United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 07-08-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teden Mengi

'It's just the start': Manchester United starlet Teden Mengi, 18, hopes to kick on and become a first-team regular after making his debut in Europa League win over LASK

* Teden Mengi hopes his Manchester United career will take off after his debut
* He came off the bench for Timothy Fosu-Mensah in their Europa League win
* Mengi says he will 'kick on' as he claims he is 'hungry for more opportunities'
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is quick and strong, and that he believes in him

Manchester United starlet Teden Mengi hopes his first-team debut was 'just the start' of a fruitful career at Old Trafford.

Having come off the bench to replace Timothy Fosu-Mensah with six minutes to go in the club's 2-1 Europa League win over LASK, the 18-year-old admitted he was 'very happy' with his performance.

Mengi was delighted to be given the chance to impress Ole Gunnar Solskjaer but insists he will now 'kick on' as he claims he is 'hungry for more opportunities'.

18-year-old Teden Mengi hopes his Manchester United debut is just the start of his career

'It's a great feeling. I'd like to thank everyone around me. My family, my teammates and everyone in the first-team made it very easy for me,' Mengi told MUTV after making his debut.

'The academy staff as well as the manager who gave me the opportunity. It's just the start. It's down to myself to keep kicking on but I'm very happy with it.

'Of course, everyone dreams of this moment. It's everyone's dream - to represent the biggest club in the world. Luckily enough, I got the chance today and I'm really chuffed with it.

'Everyone was telling me before the game and during half-time to be ready and that's what I did. Everyone was saying: "Come on Teden, this is your moment now".'

He came off the bench for Timothy Fosu-Mensah in their Europa League win over LASK. anager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is quick and strong, and that he believes in him. Mengi says he will 'kick on' as he claims he is 'hungry for more opportunities' in the first team

Mengi was, however, disappointed that his mum was unable to attend the game given the current circumstances surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.

He said: 'It's a big shame really because my mum pestered me all the time. She said: "If you ever make your debut at Old Trafford, I'll be there watching you". It's a shame she couldn't be here but it's the moment of my life. But it's time to kick on.

'I'm hungry for more definitely. Then again, it's just the start for me as a player. I need to keep kicking on, keep developing, keep the same attitude in training and everything I can do. Then I'll hopefully get more opportunities.

'Of course, watching Brandon [Williams], we both play in defence. When I saw him kicking on, it made me even hungrier. I thought: "why can't I do it?"'

Speaking of Mengi's performance after the game, Solskjaer told BT Sport: 'He is a leader, a centre-back, someone we believe in, he's strong, quick, good on the ball and I think we've got a decent player there.'

Having been handed his debut in the current campaign, Mengi has become the first player born in 2002 to play for the Red Devils.

The high-rated youngster clocked up the fourth-fastest running speed in the club, with only Jesse Lingard, Axel Tuanzebe and Daniel James quicker.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8599123/Its-just-start-Manchester-United-starlet-Teden-Mengi-promises-kick-on.html
Old 07-08-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teden Mengi

Semoga ini anak bisa berkembang dan sukses di Manchester United.
Amin.
Good Luck Teden Mengi!
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:43 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teden Mengi

Manchester United starlet Teden Mengi is set for a return to the Championship as the defender closes in on loan switch to Birmingham, a year on from impressing at Wayne Rooney's Derby

* Man United starlet Teden Mengi is set for a loan move to Birmingham City
* Mengi, 19, impressed when he went out on loan to Derby County last season
* The Blues need a new centre back after Wolves recalled Dion Sanderson

Manchester United defender Teden Mengi is close to joining Birmingham City on loan for the rest of the season.

The 19-year old centre back will replace Dion Sanderson who has been recalled by parent club Wolves from his own loan spell at St Andrews.

Mengi was sent on loan to Derby County last year, earning plaudits from manager Wayne Rooney, but his stay there was curtailed by injury.

Man United starlet Teden Mengi (right) is closing in on a loan move to second tier Birmingham

He has battled back to fitness and form, coming on as a substitute in United’s Champions League tie with Young Boys last month, and is now ready to answer Lee Bowyer’s call for help.

United are looking for a number of their squad players to gain more game time.

Axel Tuanzebe is cutting short his loan at Aston Villa to move to Napoli for the rest of the season while full back Ethan Laird, who was at Swansea City, has also been recalled and will join promotion chasing Bournemouth.

Bournemouth will pay an increased loan fee and a higher proportion of the 20-year-old’s wages while Laird could remain there next season if Scott Parker’s side secure promotion.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10363933/Manchester-United-Teden-Mengi-set-return-Championship-Birmingham.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3
rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku