United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 09-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #11
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edinson Roberto Cavani Gomez

Edinson Cavani is forced to delay his Manchester United debut after being told to stay in quarantine following move from France which will see him miss clash with Newcastle... meaning new star's first match will be against former side PSG

* Edinson Cavani completed a deadline-day move to Manchester United
* Having moved over from France, Cavani must self-isolate at home
* His 14-day quarantine means he will have to delay making his United debut
* Cavani's quarantine period ends the day after the Red Devils face Newcastle
* However, it means Cavani will be available to feature against PSG this month

Edinson Cavani will be made to wait for his Manchester United debut after being forced to self-isolate following his deadline-day move to Old Trafford.

As revealed by Sportsmail, talks between the 33-year-old and United advanced quickly on the final day of the transfer window, before he put pen to paper on a two-year deal with United on wages of around £210,000 per week after tax.

Apart from a brief holiday in Ibiza, Cavani has been living among the general population in France rather than in a secure bubble after seeing out his contract at Paris Saint-Germain.

Under UK government guidelines, anyone arriving in the country from France has to quarantine for 14 days, which would see Cavani having to delay his debut.

Now self-isolating at home for a fortnight, Cavani will miss United's next game against Newcastle on Saturday, October 17.

While elite athletes are usually exempt from this rule due to them training and working in a secure bubble, Cavani will still have to quarantine after becoming a free agent earlier this summer and living with the general public.

Cavani missing United's next game will come as a huge blow to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who will be without Anthony Martial following the Frenchman's red card against Tottenham on Sunday.

However, it would mean that Cavani will be able to make his debut against his former club, PSG, in the Champions League on October 20.

Edinson Cavani completed a deadline-day move to United but could be made to wait to play. The 33-year-old put pen to paper on a two-year deal on around £210,000 per week after tax. Cavani missing United's next game comes as a huge blow for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Cavani revealed on Tuesday that he and his girlfriend Jocelyn Burgardt tested positive for coronavirus over a month ago following a holiday in Ibiza with former PSG team-mates Angel Di Maria and Leandro Paredes.

Cavani and Burgardt went on to make full recoveries before revealing he nearly considered quitting football.

'Your family's health comes first,' Cavani told Argentine radio program Dos de Punta.

'Of course I considered the idea of ​​quitting football.

'It is true that I managed that option and that possibility to stop playing and stay in the countryside, dedicate myself to my life in the countryside.

'We have suffered through the coronavirus with my family and with my girlfriend. The truth is that it was bad because of the fear that it awakens. Thank God we recovered well and evolved well and here we are.'

The veteran striker went on to reveal his delight at joining United, where he insisted he couldn't wait to get started.

Cavani said: 'Manchester United is one of the greatest clubs in the world, so it is a real honour to be here. I've worked really hard during the time off and I feel eager to compete and represent this incredible club.

'I have played in front of some of the most passionate supporters in football during my career and I know that it will be the same in Manchester. I cannot wait to experience the Old Trafford atmosphere, when it is safe for the fans to return.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8820659/Edinson-Cavani-built-like-Greek-God-runs-like-maniac.html
Old 09-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #12
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Edinson Cavani is built 'like a Greek God and runs like a maniac' with 33-year-old striker set to arrive at Manchester United as one of the club's fittest stars despite lack of game time

* Edinson Cavani is consumate professional and keeps his body in top condition
* New Manchester United signing, 33, is obsessed with his fitness regime
* He has not played competitive football for six months but kept in good shape

Edinson Cavani is 'like a Greek God' and remains in sensational condition despite not having played competitive football for six months.

Manchester United's new signing, 33, is said to be devoted to his strict fitness regime and prides himself on staying in elite shape.

He has to quarantine for 14 days having arrived in the UK and his involvement could be delayed until October 19 but in the meantime is working hard.

The striker posted a video of himself on the treadmill jogging in full United training gear.

According to the Athletic, he will arrive as one of the fittest players in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad.

A source told them: 'He is no fat, pure muscle, like a Greek god.

'His body fat percentage is astonishing. He is fit and intense, and amazing in the air. He runs like a maniac.'

A source from Napoli told The Athletic: 'He is a top, top professional. At Napoli, most players finish training and go around the corner to the golf course.

Edinson Cavani keeps himself in shape and will be one of Manchester United's fittest players. Cavani has the same level of professionalism as Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Cavani, 33, should be able to play well into his mid thirties given his excellent conditioning

'But he went for runs by himself and he would be the first in and last out.

'He is kind of like Cristiano (Ronaldo), very on top of his body, a top professional and quite selfish on the pitch.

'He wants to take every penalty and finish every counter-attack — a proper killer on the pitch.'

There are also parallels with Cavani and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who made a huge impact at United and is still going strong at AC Milan aged 39.

If he can provide the same cutting edge and drive to win as the Swede he will prove a shrewd acquisition for United.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8820659/Edinson-Cavani-built-like-Greek-God-runs-like-maniac.html
Old 09-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #13
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It would be very nice to be able to play at Boca Juniors': Edinson Cavani hints his mind is already on Manchester United EXIT after admitting desire to join Argentine giants

* Edinson Cavani joined Manchester United as a free agent on deadline day
* The 33-year-old has penned a potential two-year deal at Old Trafford
* The Uruguay forward held talks with Boca Juniors before joining United

Edinson Cavani is already looking at his future beyond Manchester United after admitting he is keen to possibly end his career in Argentina.

The 33-year-old made the deadline day switch to Manchester United on a free transfer following his release from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.

The forward was the subject of interest from many clubs after ending his seven-year spell in the French capital, including Boca Juniors. Cavani even held talks with vice president Juan Roman Riquelme.

Edinson Cavani has revealed he still wants to join Boca Juniors in Argentina before he retires

Despite turning down a move to South America in favour of Old Trafford, the Uruguay hitman claims he still holds a desire to join the Argentine giants.

'Roman wrote to me with great respect, he wanted to know how I was in this situation, with a very particular salary and we had a very respectful talk,' Cavani told ESPN.

'Boca is a giant of the world, any footballer would like to play there. There have been several Uruguayans that have played there. Following the history of our football arouses curiosity a bit.

The Uruguay forward has held talks with the club's vice president Juan Roman Riquelme

'There are some secrets from the conversation with Roman, you have to ask him if he wants to tell them. We will see what happens in the future. It would be very nice to be able to play at Boca one day.'

Cavani has penned a one-year-deal for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, including the option of a second, worth around £10million per season.

But he admits for now he is focused on achieving success at United.

'I have a two-year contract with Manchester United. I want to do my best here. I feel good,' Cavani continued.

'The day I return to South America is not going to be when I have nothing left to give. I am realistic, I want to play until I feel good. I will play these two years and see if I continue or go back to South America.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8818053/Edinson-Cavani-hints-thinking-leaving-Manchester-United.html
Old 10-10-2020, 03:09 AM   #14
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

CAVANI WORLD EXCLUSIVE: I'LL DO THE SHIRT JUSTICE

Manchester United's deadline-day capture of legendary Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani has the club's fans everywhere eager with excitement.

Across Europe's top five leagues, only Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have more goals than El Matador since he made his debut with Palermo back in 2007.

Supporters have been keenly awaiting Edinson's reaction to joining the club, and we are pleased to say that he delivered just that when he spoke to us from home for this world-exclusive, first major interview as a Red.

You can watch the first part of his interview in our video player below, or read every word he had to say by scrolling down...

Firstly, Edinson, welcome to England, and welcome to Manchester United. How does it feel being a Manchester United player?

“Thanks very much. It’s a pleasure for me to speak with you. I feel very happy to have come to this club. I feel very motivated and I’m really keen to get started training with my team-mates. But the best thing about it is that the club have shown their confidence in me by wanting to bring me in. I was really keen to come here. I’m very motivated by the idea of joining this great club and so, well, here we are today…”

You’ve played in Italy, France… now it’s the turn of the Premier League. How excited are you at the prospect of playing in the Premier League?

“Yes, absolutely, it’s my chance to come to the Premier League, which is a very attractive league to play in, and it’s right up there with the best leagues anywhere in the world. For me that’s a real honour, an honour and a new challenge, which really excites me a lot, and I cannot wait to be able to start to feel what it’s like to play in the Premier League. I’ve been lucky enough to have played against a lot of English sides, but now it’s my turn to experience playing and competing every weekend and in every match in the English Premier League.”

You are following in the footsteps of Diego Forlan. What do you remember about Diego?

“I played together with Diego for a good number of years in the national team. I also remember Diego when I was young, still just a kid and Diego was already here at Manchester United. So, what a coincidence that now it’s my turn to come here, knowing also that Diego has spoken positively and said some nice things about me. But yes, Diego and I shared some great times together as part of the international set-up and you always learn loads of stuff from top-class players with vast experience.”

Talking of great players, your ex-team-mate, Ander Herrera, has said that you can’t say no to Manchester United. Is that true? Tell me more about this chat, and what did he tell you about the club?

“Yes, I spoke with Ander a lot, as well as other team-mates, like Angel Di Maria, who I was also with at Paris. It was genuinely getting to the last minute and I called Ander to have a chat. I have a lot of admiration for Ander, for the kind of person he is and I had the feeling that his words were going to help me out, by telling me a bit about what it was like at United. And so, yes, it’s true that after I’d finished talking with Ander, we came to an agreement here with the club. I hadn’t known Ander for too long, but we formed and enjoyed a close friendship during that time at PSG, and today we are still very good mates.”

And of course he knows exactly what it’s like to play here at Old Trafford! Tell me, just how excited are you to step out and play on the Old Trafford turf?

“I can’t wait to get out there on the field and be there, able to play. The English league represents something really special, but I think what Manchester United represents on a worldwide scale is just incredible, so I’m really looking forward to being able to experience it for myself — the feeling of pulling on that shirt and going out on the pitch to wear it with pride. It’s getting closer by the day. So I’m eager and anxious to get started, firstly to be training with my team-mates, and then to be available for the squad and for the manager.”

And of course you had plenty of other offers, so how did you decide to accept the offer and sign for United?

“Yes, we did have a lot of different options, [even] at a time when things aren’t so easy, neither in sport nor in the world in general. I was very attracted by the chance to play in English football, and what’s more, for Manchester United, so that was a really big attraction for me, and a huge motivation too, because I feel that I still have a big desire to compete, to work hard and to give the best of myself. Let’s hope that I can be up to the task and can represent this club, and along with everyone, help take it to the top.”

You’ve taken on the no.7 jersey — why is that so special to you, as you wore it previously at both Palermo and Napoli?

“It’s a great number, I got to wear it with the national team as well. But I honestly believe that the number you wear is more of an off-the-field thing. That’s where it counts for more. I know that once you’re out on the pitch, the number you have on your shirt has no influence. But when you get the chance to pull on the no.7 shirt at Manchester United, which has been worn by some top, top players who have been legends here in this country and at this club, it really is a nice responsibility to have. I enjoy challenges and, as I said to you, I hope that I can do it great justice and leave it in as high regard as the many great players who have worn this shirt before me.”

That’s just was I was about to say, does that increase your motivation, knowing that the likes of George Best, Eric Cantona, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo wore this magical number 7?

“Yes, it’s a fantastic challenge, and an exciting responsibility too, which I’m accepting with the best will in the world, and like I said, I’ll be working really hard to perform at my very best so I can leave that number, that shirt, just how it was left by those players you just mentioned.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:41 AM   #15
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Old 12-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #16
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani reveals how he asked for Ander Herrera and Angel Di Maria's advice ahead of his move to Old Trafford... even though Argentine and United fans hate each other and his wife called Manchester a 's***hole'!

* Edinson Cavani completed a last-minute move to Manchester United this month
* The Uruguayan reveals he sought Ander Herrera's advice on deadline day
* Cavani also asked for Di Maria's advice even though the winger dislikes the club
* After speaking with his ex-PSG team-mates, Cavani agreed to a two-year deal

Edinson Cavani has revealed how he sought the advice of Ander Herrera and, quite surprisingly, Angel Di Maria before making his last-minute move to Manchester United on deadline day.

The Uruguayan had become a free agent after leaving Paris Saint-Germain earlier this year, and had been linked with the likes of Atletico Madrid and Benfica.

However, it was United who managed to convince the striker to join them on a free which saw him put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Old Trafford.

Edinson Cavani (L) reveals how he sought Ander Herrera's (R) advice before joining Man Utd. Herrera says he told old PSG team-mate Cavani not to turn down a move to Old Trafford

And the 33-year-old revealed that his personal chat with ex-United midfielder Herrera played a big part in making his move to the club happen.

'I spoke with Ander a lot, as well as other team-mates, like Angel Di Maria, who I was also with at Paris,' Cavani told United's official website. 'It was genuinely getting to the last minute and I called Ander to have a chat.

'I have a lot of admiration for Ander, for the kind of person he is, and I had the feeling that his words were going to help me out, by telling me a bit about what it was like at United.

'So yes, it's true that after I'd finished talking with Ander, we came to an agreement here with the club.

Cavani (left) also spoke with former United winger Angel Di Maria (right) over a move. Di Maria has made no effort to hide his dislike for United, as he taunted their fans in PSG's clash with the Red Devils last year by pretending to drink from a beer bottle thrown on the pitch

I hadn't known Ander for too long, but we formed and enjoyed a close friendship during that time at PSG, and, today, we are still very good mates.'

It may come as a surprise to United fans that Cavani enlisted the help of Di Maria over a move to United, considering the Argentine's stint at the club left a sour taste in his mouth.

In the years following his move away from the north west of England, Di Maria has made no effort to hide his dislike for the club long before his wife weighed into the debate spectacularly in a Spanish TV show earlier this year.

Jorgelina Cardoso revealed she begged Di Maria not to make his £59.7million move from Real Madrid in 2014 before claiming the city was 's***hole' while the food was 'disgusting'.

Problems both on and off the pitch severely affected Di Maria and it was not long before he made his way to Paris.

While Cavani didn't necessarily say what advice Di Maria gave him, he did confirm that it was Herrera who helped convince him.

Herrera revealed earlier this week just what he said to the Uruguay international on their phone call.

'He asked me for advice. I told him this was one of those teams that you couldn't say no to,' Herrera told Cadena Ser.

'It's just too bad he can't take advantage of the fans. Old Trafford is unique.'

United completed the signing of Cavani as the Premier League club left it late to bolster Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad before the transfer window shut on Monday night.

The Red Devils had been strongly linked with a move for Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho, although the Bundesliga side's price tag of £108m for the winger proved beyond United in this window.

But Cavani's arrival should give United a more physical edge alongside Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, and Mason Greenwood.

Cavani, who has joined on a deal worth £210,000-a-week, said following his move: 'Manchester United is one of the greatest clubs in the world, so it is a real honour to be here.

'I've worked really hard during the time off and I feel eager to compete and represent this incredible club.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8825859/Edinson-Cavani-reveals-Ander-Herrera-played-big-helping-join-Manchester-United.html
Old 12-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #17
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Old 14-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #18
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He's 33 years old, looked like he was going to retire': Paul Scholes slams Manchester United's 'very strange' deadline-day signing of Edinson Cavani and doubts he will take Ole them 'to the next level'

* Manchester United completed deadline-day signing of Edinson Cavani last week
* Paul Scholes is not convinced the 33-year-old will be a success at Old Trafford
* He believes Uruguayan should have signed on loan, not given a two-year deal

Paul Scholes has branded Manchester United's decision to hand 33-year-old free agent Edinson Cavani a two-year deal on deadline day last week 'very strange'.

The club legend believes that United have signed the Uruguayan five years too late, and does not expect him to take Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side to the next level this season.

When asked how he expects the former PSG hitman to fare at Old Trafford, he told Stadium Astro: 'Well, we'll have to wait and see won't we.

Paul Scholes says Manchester United's deadline day signing of Edinson Cavani is 'very strange'. United handed the 33-year-old striker a two-year deal after bringing him in last week

'Obviously in his day, he's been a top quality centre-forward. There's no doubt about that. But he's 33 years old, looked like he was going to retire. He's not played a lot of football for PSG last season.

'Five, six years ago, yeah he's a great signing, he'll take us onto that next level possibly. But I just don't think he'll take us to the next level now.'

Scholes believes Cavani would have been an ideal loan signing for United to make, and likened it to when Sir Alex Ferguson brought in a 35-year-old Henrik Larsson in 2007.

He continued: 'But that's what Manchester United seems to be now, it seems to be – I think of the forwards we have… Cavani, he should be a loan signing

'If you're struggling without a centre-forward it should be a two or three-month loan signing just to get through a sticky period.

'Similar to what Henrik Larsson did. A brilliant centre-forward, 33, 34 years of age, he just filled a little gap for us, which was exactly what we needed.

'I see Cavani as that kind of person, not at 33 coming to sign a two-year contract. I find it very strange.

'But he won't, he'll be loving it. I'm sure he will.'

United have started the season poorly, losing two of their first three games - both at home - including a 6-1 thrashing by Tottenham before the international break.

Scholes (left) believes Cavani should have been a loan signing, like Henrik Larsson in 2007

But Cavani is already targeting silverware at his new venture. He told United's website: 'I think any player who is competitive by nature always wants to be able to win silverware.

'You always work hard so you can give the best account of yourself, and based on performing at your best, you can get the right results.

'Then, when you've picked up the right results, you can go on to win trophies and achieve big things.

'I've just joined one of the biggest clubs in the world and I think that one of the first objectives it has, as a club, is to win and be champions.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8833689/Paul-Scholes-slams-strange-Man-United-deadline-day-signing-Edinson-Cavani.html
Old 19-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #19
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani chasing payback with new Manchester United striker DESPERATE to make debut against former club PSG after sour end to his time in Paris amid contract dispute after fallout with Neymar

* Manchester United face PSG in Paris in the Champions League on Tuesday
* Edinson Cavani could be in line to make his first appearance for the club
* The 33-year-old Uruguayan striker left the French champions on bad terms

To appreciate Edinson Cavani’s desire to make his Manchester United debut at Parc des Princes on Tuesday night, look no further than an image Paris Saint-Germain posted on social media to celebrate their 50th birthday in August.

All the club’s favourite players were on there bar one. Cavani. The man nicknamed El Matador. PSG’s all-time top goalscorer.

It was a petty act and one that says much about the manner of Cavani’s departure from the French capital over a contract dispute. It drew fierce criticism from the fans who adore him and did not escape the notice of the player.

After seven months without a competitive game, and just two training sessions with his new team-mates at United, it remains to be seen if Cavani is even fit enough for a place on the bench at his old stomping ground after spending two weeks in quarantine at the age of 33.

But there is no doubting the Uruguayan’s determination to prove a point to PSG after a seven-year career in France that was more bumpy than a record of 200 goals in 301 games might suggest.

The first three years were spent in the shadow of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, whose presence forced Cavani to play out wide before the Swede joined United in 2016.

‘As soon as I got there, they tried to oppose us,’ said Cavani in a rare interview with French magazine So Foot that summer. ‘We have different personalities, but this antagonism does not exist.

Edinson Cavani’s has a desperate desire to make his Manchester United debut against PSG. There is no doubting the Uruguayan’s determination to prove a point to his former club. It remains to be seen if Cavani will even be fit enough for a place on the bench in Paris

‘I’m not interested in being a football phenomenon. But being a centre forward, feeling it, is something I carry in my blood.’

Cavani was fined by then PSG boss Laurent Blanc for returning late from a Christmas break in Uruguay and missing a winter training camp in Morocco. The player wanted to spend more time with his two sons, Bautista and Lucas, who lived with his ex-wife Maria Soledad.

Rumours of further disciplinary issues surfaced a year later, shortly after Cavani had upset Blanc again by refusing to shake hands when he was substituted in a game against Troyes.

He prospered following Ibrahimovic’s departure, scoring 49 goals in 50 games in all competitions as PSG’s main man in 2016-17. However, the arrival of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe set him back again. The awkward relationship reached rock bottom in September 2017 when Cavani and Neymar rowed over who should take a penalty against Lyon.

Cavani won the argument and the support of the fans, who backed their favourite against the Brazilian.

The Collectif Ultras Paris who never got a chance to say goodbye would undoubtedly have chanted the song dedicated to him — to the tune of naff 1980s French hit Demons of Midnight — if fans were allowed in the ground on Tuesday.

They admired the down-to-earth character from Salto who is known to make the five-hour, 265-mile journey from Montevideo by bus to the family ranch, where he spends time hunting and fishing. An avid bird watcher, Cavani also does ballet to hone his football skills.

‘I grew up in the open, going fishing at the river with my dad,’ says the former Napoli player whose father Luis spent three months in prison in 2015 for killing a teenage motorcyclist who was in a collision with his truck.

‘It builds the person that you become. I give a lot of importance to my childhood. I’m very attached to my land. It allows me not to be a big head.’

The fans loved Cavani’s tireless work-rate on the pitch and willingness to sacrifice himself for the team. Cavani lived in the same upmarket suburb of Neuilly-sur-Seine as Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Neymar, before the latter moved further west of Paris to Bougival, but was never seen stumbling out of a nightclub in the early hours.

‘Sacrifice allows me to have peace of mind, to sleep with the feeling of a job done,’ he said. ‘My parents have always struggled in life, and they tried to instil in us respect for each other. No matter who you are, work and sacrifice to face life.’

It’s rather sad Cavani left PSG under a cloud in the summer after winning 19 trophies, including six French titles, even if his final season was disrupted by injury.

The club blocked his attempt to leave in January, so he refused to extend his contract by a couple of months and play when the season restarted after lockdown, missing PSG’s Champions League final against Bayern Munich in August.

After a break working on the farm and a holiday in Ibiza with partner Jocelyn Burgardt and team-mates — which resulted in Cavani contracting coronavirus and considering retiring to the countryside permanently — he joined United as a free agent on deadline day.

Now he is itching for one last tango in Paris. If Cavani is fit enough to play, PSG may live to regret leaving him out of those birthday celebrations.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8853351/Edinson-Cavani-chasing-payback-new-Man-United-striker-desperate-debut-against-old-club-PSG.html
Old 30-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #20
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani facing FA probe after sparking racism storm for calling a fan 'negrito' in Instagram post just hours after inspiring Manchester United's comeback win at Southampton

* Edinson Cavani faces a probe after posting a message with racial connotations
* Cavani scored the winner at St Mary's, but has now sparked a racism storm
* He referred to a friend as 'negrito' in a message, which has now been deleted

Edinson Cavani is facing an FA probe after sparking a race storm following Manchester United’s dramatic victory at Southampton.

Cavani scored two goals, including a stoppage-time winner, to inspire United side to victory after coming off the bench at half-time.

But his heroics at St Mary’s were overshadowed when he posted a Spanish term with racial connotations on social media.

In response to a message of congratulations, seemingly from a friend, Cavani said: ‘Gracias negrito.’ The term, which makes reference to race, translates directly as ‘Thanks black’.

Edinson Cavani is facing an FA probe after posting a message with racial connotations online. His message translates to 'thanks black' as he appeared to respond to a congratulatory post. Cavani was United's hero at St Mary's, but now will face tough questions over the word

Three hours after posting the tweet, it was deleted. Cavani insists ‘negrito’ is a term of affection in South America and that will be his defence is any disciplinary action is taken.

The FA are aware of Cavani’s post and looking into it. And the incident quickly led to comparisons being drawn between Cavani and his fellow Uruguayan Suarez.

Cavani’s countryman, then Liverpool striker Suarez, was banned for eight games and fined £40,000 for using the word ‘negro’ after clashing with United defender Patrice Evra in 2011.

Suarez attempted to argue in his FA hearing that the word in Uruguay and other parts of Latin America is inoffensive in certain situations.

In his book he later insisted the word does not mean the same in English as Spanish and he was unaware of the difference and it’s ‘highly-offensive’ meaning here at the time, even though he used it in a row with the Frenchman. His suggestions were rejected by the FA’s independent commission.

He also explained in his book: ‘Negro can refer to anyone with dark hair as well as dark skin and I’ve been used to the word being used in Spanish in this way all my life.

‘My wife sometimes calls me “Negro” or (the diminutive version) “Negrito”. My grandmother used to call my grandfather “Negrito” and she would occasionally call me that too.

The FA published updated punishment guidelines ahead of the start of a new season in a clampdown on racism and discriminatory behaviour.

Any discriminatory behaviour on social media will carry a minimum three-game suspension for culprits compared to bans of between six and 12 games for offences that take place in matches.

The bans were increased after Manchester City’s Bernando Silva and Tottenham’s Dele Alli were suspended for just one-game after breaching FA rules with posts on social media.

The new FA policies mean incidents that take place privately or ‘outside of a standard football setting’ would no longer spare offenders.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8999161/Edinson-Cavani-facing-FA-probe-sparking-racism-storm.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, h-ANG, rio vander vidic, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku