United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

Old 21-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #11
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [UCL] Sevilla vs Manchester United

It's time for Paul Pogba to get serious... Manchester United need midfielder to perform at his best against Sevilla

* Manchester United face Sevilla in the Champions League last 16 on Wednesday
* United boss Jose Mourinho confirmed Paul Pogba is set for a return to action
* Pogba missed last weekend's FA Cup clash with Huddersfield due to illness
* He is under pressure to deliver having struggled for form in recent weeks

Paul Pogba is never likely to go unnoticed, but Manchester United's record signing landed in Seville yesterday under more scrutiny than at any time in his Old Trafford career.

The midfielder's swift return from the unspecified illness that kept him out of the FA Cup win over Huddersfield on Saturday has only added to the sense of intrigue surrounding his recent problems at United.

Despite blaming the player's loss of form for his decision to drop Pogba and substitute him twice over the course of three games, Jose Mourinho has tried to quell talk of a rift between the two men.

But the manager still faced more questions about the Frenchman and on Tuesday, at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, Pogba needs to start coming up with some answers.

He has not always produced performances befitting a player who cost £89million, certainly not in the bigger games.

A Champions League last 16 tie would be a good moment to do so. But Mourinho said: 'I don't even like the fact that the player who cost X millions doesn't have the same responsibility as the player who cost three times X. The responsibility is for everyone.

Jose Mourinho confirmed Paul Pogba is set to return to action against Sevilla on Wednesday. Mourinho, speaking on Tuesday, said it would be unfair to place too much expectation on him

'When I decide a team to play, I don't look to the age, the salary, the transfer fee, because that's also not fair.'

It appears that Pogba's ego has been pricked by the high-profile signing of Alexis Sanchez, hence his demands to play on the left of a three-man midfield.

Off the pitch, his behaviour — described as boisterous at best and childish at worst — continues to puzzle senior players who are not part of his clique with Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial.

They cannot understand why Mourinho, a stickler for players taking responsibility, has not come down on Pogba harder. The elaborate hairstyles and handshakes begin to wear a little thin when performances on the pitch are not up to scratch.

The Portuguese refused to accept that United are favourites to go through or get carried away. Mourinho revealed it was when he made quarter-finals he believed he could win with Porto. Mourinho lost with Real Madrid at Sevilla but said he won't let history affect him too much

Still, no one doubts his ability, least of all Sevilla coach Vincenzo Montella who faced him enough times in Italy when Pogba was at Juventus.

'He is an incredible player, a complete player,' said Montella. The Italian may also have been joking when he said that Sevilla may have to 'kill Sanchez or knock him down' to subdue the Chile star, but United are expecting a difficult challenge.

Five-times winners of the Europa League since 2006, the Spaniards have never progressed beyond the last 16 of the Champions League before and went out to Leicester City at this stage a year ago.

Mourinho said: 'They can be nice and say we are favourites but that means absolutely nothing.

'Champions League dreams start around the quarter-finals, not the last 16. The quarter-final is the moment where even the teams that are not favourites, which is our case, realise anything is possible.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5414321/Paul-Pogba-available-Manchester-United-vs-Sevilla.html
Old 21-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #12
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Old 21-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #13
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

JOSE FEELING CALM AND FOCUSED

Jose Mourinho says he is feeling calm about the first leg of Manchester United's last 16 Champions League tie against Sevilla, insisting it's only when you reach the quarter-finals of the competition that you can dare to dream about winning it.

The Reds face the La Liga side on Wednesday evening at Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan in Seville, a stadium and city which holds good memories for Mourinho. It was here that the boss enjoyed UEFA Cup glory when his FC Porto side beat Celtic in the final and during his time at Real Madrid he claimed three victories over Sevilla on their own patch, two being 6-2 wins.

Mourinho is not expecting that kind of scoreline this time around, but says he and his players are focused on the job in hand and are determined to book a place in the last eight.

"I'm calm and I think it's the way to be," he told MUTV. "It’s an important match, the first half of a knockout match if you want to say that. It's important to be calm and to be ready for the dimension of the game, but controlling emotions because it’s a game where we have to be at the top of our level.

"It’s a really difficult stadium to play at because it’s a stadium where the fans love the knock-out competition. They are called a knockout team because they are normally very successful, in the domestic cups also and especially in the Europa League. The crowd plays the game, they don’t come here just to watch, they come here to play the game and put lots of pressure on the opponent and the referee’s decisions.

"I said before that any team which reaches the quarter-finals has a chance," he added. "I never thought I was going to win it with Inter or Porto before reaching the quarter-finals and it's when you reach the quarter finals that you have the feeling that anything can happen. Nothing will change, the dynamic is nothing will change. The normal tendencies of some clubs are in this moment more ready to win it. But I think when you reach the quarter-finals, that's when any team can feel that anything can happen. So I think this step from going to the last 16 to eight teams is always an important step."

Mourinho was asked about the comments from some Seville players in the lead up to the game that United are the favourites to go through in the tie, but Mourinho insists: "For me, the word 'favourite' or 'no favourite' means nothing.

"They have good defensive organisation, they defend with everybody. [Sevilla boss Vincenzo] Montella is Italian - Italian coaches know how to organise their teams very compact from the defensive point of view. I can see easily now the distances between the wingers and the full-backs are much shorter. The wingers drop back to compact with the full-backs - not like in England, because in England, some experts that never sit on the bench, they say wingers shouldn't defend and the midfield players should only attack. But that's only in England in this moment, with this generation of experts.

"With Sevilla I don't think it's possible to score many goals and I think the game is going to be really competitive because they can say what they want, they can be nice to us and say we are favourites. That means absolutely nothing. I think I prefer to say they have good players and a good team and a good mentality for the knockout matches. Sevilla is a club of cups, a club that likes and enjoys the Copa del Rey, enjoys the Europa League and now they have the chance to play in the biggest competition of all, so the motivation is obviously even bigger."

Recalling that previous triumph in Seville with Porto, Jose reflected: "I have to say the Uefa Cup success in 2003 meant a lot because it was the first time I was playing in a European competition with a very young team and a very inexperienced team. For us to reach that final and win meant a lot. I know I had big victories here against Sevilla but I also lost and honestly I'm not the kind of guy to be thinking that what happened had any influence. I just think that on Wednesday and in a few weeks at Old Trafford, the two teams are very balanced, I would say the same chances for both, but we want to try. We want to go with everything and we are confident that over two legs we can do it."

Old 21-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #14
Zulfan
first team
-

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Zulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really nice
Visit Zulfan's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudomiriku View Post

Pogba main ya bang?
Old 22-02-2018, 01:05 AM   #15
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulfan View Post
Pogba main ya bang?
Masih diragukan, semoga aja diturunkan dan tidak mengecewakan
Old 22-02-2018, 01:11 AM   #16
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

WHO IS SEVILLA'S MANAGER?
Just a month after being sacked by AC Milan, Vincenzo Montella only took charge of the Spanish club at the end of December, replacing Eduardo Berizzo – who was sacked as a result of a poor run of form. A prolific goalscorer in his successful 28-year playing career, the ex-Roma striker has six years of managerial experience in his homeland with several clubs.
Quote:
Old 22-02-2018, 01:38 AM   #17
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Pogba menonton dulu saja pemirsah

mengejutkan Mctominay
Old 22-02-2018, 01:53 AM   #18
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Starting XI Sevilla

2 dari 3 pemain yang di ragukan tampil menjadi starting XI
Old 22-02-2018, 03:10 AM   #19
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

[16 min] Ander Herrera di tarik keluar lapangan karna kembali mengalami cidera.

- Pogba in
Old 22-02-2018, 03:33 AM   #20
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

HT | Sevilla 0 - 0 Manchester United

POSSESSION
Sevilla : 53%
Manchester United : 47%

TOTAL ATTEMPTS
Sevilla : 12
Manchester United : 2

CORNERS
Sevilla : 10
Manchester United : 2

Last edited by Riskur; 22-02-2018 at 03:41 AM..

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 13
adi_Giggsy, Andi Istiabudi, dwitri27, fredrian.seven, hery_dacunha211, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku, Zulfan