United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 04-05-2020, 12:03 AM   #1821
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: David Robert Joseph Beckham

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio vander vidic View Post
ajak2 dong om andi kalo mau foto bareng becks😆
Hahahaha siaaapp..
Kunjungan Beckham terakhir ke Jakarta yang berhasil foto sama dia cuma yang punya undangan khusus
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:19 PM   #1822
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Siapa tahu ada yang berminat ikutan

Old 10-09-2020, 06:25 AM   #1823
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Waduh Becks....

David Beckham dan Victoria Dikabarkan Terjangkit Covid-19
Kompas.com - 08/09/2020

KOMPAS.com - Beredar kabar David Beckham dan istrinya, Victoria terjangkit Covid-19 pada awal 2020 ini setelah berpesta di Los Angeles. Menurut tabloid The Sun, pasangan Beckham, kerabat, teman, dan pegawai mereka tertular virus corona. David dan Victoria Beckham memutuskan merahasiakannya. Pada Maret 2020, pasangan itu dikabarkan sakit ketika terbang ke AS untuk menghadiri acara klub sepak bolanya, Inter Miami.

Dilansir The Telegraph, sebuah sumber mengatakan bahwa mereka menghadiri serangkaian pesta di LA yang menyebabkan mereka tertular. Mereka kemudian terbang kembali ke Inggris, meninggalkan keluarga karena khawatir telah menjadi penyebar virus corona. Pada 6 Maret 2020, pasangan tersebut merayakan ulang tahun putranya yang ke-21 di rumahnya di Cotswolds, Inggris. Acara itu dihadiri sejumlah pesohor, termasuk Emma Bunton, rekan Victoria di Spice Girls.

Dari acara itu, mereka sempat terbang lagi ke Miami, lalu kembali Inggris. Menurut seorang teman dekat mereka, David Beckham merasa tidak enak badan sepulang dari Miami. "Victoria merasakan sakit tenggorokan dan suhu badannya tinggi," kata teman tersebut.

Mereka pun menjalani tes dan hasilnya menunjukkan David dan Victoria Beckham positif Covid-19. Yang mereka takutkan adalah menularkan penyakit itu ke orang-orang terdekatnya. "Pada saat yang bersamaan sopir, pengawal, dan asisten mereka juga sakit, beberapa di antaranya cukup parah," kata teman itu.

Hal itu membuat Victoria Beckham panik dan meminta semua orang di sekitarnya melakukan isolasi mandiri selama lebih dari dua pekan. Pasangan Beckham disebut mengirim beberapa paket bingkisan kepada orang-orang terdekat mereka yang sakit. Mereka menghabiskan sepanjang musim panas di rumah mereka di Inggris. Keluarga Beckham kemudian menjalani swab test sebelum pergi berlibur ke Yunani. Sejauh ini belum ada keterangan resmi dari Victoria dan David Beckham tentang hal ini.
Old 20-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #1824
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

David Beckham shares his 'heartbreak' over Nobby Stiles and Sir Bobby Charlton's battles with dementia as England legend backs Sportsmail's campaign to tackle the disease

* Sportsmail has launched a campaign to tackle football-related dementia cases
* Led by former striker Chris Sutton, Sportsmail has launched a seven-point plan
* David Beckham has backed campaign, admitting concerns over heading the ball
* Former England star Nobby Stiles battled disease before passing last month
* Now Stiles' former team-mate Sir Bobby Charlton has also been diagnosed

David Beckham has backed Sportsmail’s campaign calling for football to finally tackle its dementia scandal.

In a powerful message, the Manchester United and England legend spoke of his ‘heartbreak’ over Nobby Stiles and Sir Bobby Charlton’s battles with the disease and has joined this newspaper’s drive for immediate action.

‘It’s clear there are questions to be asked about the effect that heading the ball might have,’ the former England captain said. ‘I want to lend my support to the Sportsmail campaign.’

England legend David Beckham has backed Sportsmail's campaign to tackle dementia

Sportsmail made its demands, spearheaded by former Celtic, Norwich and Blackburn striker Chris Sutton, on Tuesday.

Declaring that enough was enough, we issued a seven-point plan calling on the authorities to take meaningful action to battle the disease.

The proposals have already been backed by the family of World Cup winner Stiles, who died last month, and former England striker Gary Lineker.

Now Beckham, who won 115 caps for his country, has pledged his support. ‘Nobby Stiles and Sir Bobby Charlton were two of my absolute heroes growing up,’ he said of his fellow United legends.

Nobby Stiles sadly passed away following a battle with dementia back in October

Stiles' former England and Manchester United team-mate Sir Bobby Charlton is now also battling the disease

‘Watching them with my dad made me want to become a footballer and to play for Manchester United and England. It was a dream come true when I was signed, and when I actually got to meet and be coached by them it was the most amazing experience.

‘The lessons they taught me as a young player stayed with me throughout my career. Great men who gave our country so much when they were part of that World Cup winning team.’

Stiles’s son, John, has spoken movingly about his father’s battle and has also demanded that the PFA take immediate steps to financially aid those in need. Days after Nobby’s death, the news that his team-mate Sir Bobby also had dementia emerged.

‘To hear from their families about the true devastation and impact of dementia has been heartbreaking,’ added 45-year-old Beckham.

‘Dementia robs families of their loved ones in such a cruel way. The football community must come together to see what needs to change to protect players and their health.’

Also speaking strongly on dementia was Jurgen Klopp. The Liverpool manager told Sportsmail: ‘World football must be involved in this discussion. There has been a generation of players affected and it must be looked at.

‘One of my biggest strengths was heading. As a player, you have these neck muscles, and you don’t feel the heading really. As a coach I did a drill where the boys chipped a long ball, I headed it back and they had to go for it. When the ball arrived at me, my body was not skilled any more, so for the first time in my life I could feel the full extent of the ball hitting the head. That was really hard.

‘Since then I haven’t done a lot of headers, if any.

‘Over the years, in youth training, it’s pretty much cancelled and I don’t think we need it in youth training. We have to think about solutions and how we can adapt training.

‘We shouldn’t say, “Oh my God, we have to ban heading in games”. But we have to talk about it, 100 per cent, and see what the smarter people say.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8968117/David-Beckham-backs-Sportsmails-campaign-tackle-dementia.html
Old 11-03-2021, 05:33 AM   #1825
Andi Istiabudi
manager

AUTUMN IN MILAN: BECKHAM'S ITALIAN SWANSONG

Hollywood loves a happy ending.

Presumably, that was what David Beckham envisaged when he arrived at LA Galaxy in the summer of 2007. Four years after leaving Manchester for Madrid, his fairytale football career seemed close to completion.

At 32, if it wasn't exactly pipe-and-slippers time, running out at the Home Depot Center in Major League Soccer's Western Conference would, with the greatest deference to Colorado Rapids and Real Salt Lake, be rather less pressured than the battles fought in his playing pomp: the heat and history of clashes with Manchester and Merseyside neighbours, the cauldron of El Clasico; even the odd bruising midweek skirmish with Bolton Wanderers.

And though his missionary zeal to promote the game Stateside was – and these days, as owner of Inter Miami remains – genuine, the narrative arc for this most modern of modern footballers was not yet done. That itch to appear on the grandest stages remained: an itch that close on seven years after he left was eventually scratched one last time back where it all began: at Old Trafford.

The details of that memorable Champions League night in March 2010, an emotional homecoming in the form of a 26-minute substitute cameo, are covered elsewhere. Beckham's Italian jobs – not one, but two stints in the red and black of Milan – may have been brief, but they spoke volumes for a footballer still as madly in love with the game as the shy young hopeful from Leytonstone who idolised Bryan Robson. It's no coincidence that during his appearance on BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs in 2017, Beckham plumped for I Am the Resurrection. Regardless of that indelible Mancunian connection of time and place, the Stone Roses song mirrors his own quest for reinvention; that restlessness for fresh challenges.

News of Beckham's arrival at Milan on a three-month loan deal in January 2009 was greeted with a relatively lukewarm response. Though they had been among his suitors when he left Madrid, Milan had baulked at a reported US$250million (£152m) to secure his services – a figure later revealed by Beckham's management company to have been a publicity stunt. In truth, the five-year deal with LA Galaxy was to cost the club US$32 million – not exactly a thrifty existence, but less than he'd been earning in Spain.

Though still lean at 33, Beckham hadn't played competitively for two months. Billed as a means of getting fit in the MLS close season, with an eye fixed on an England swansong at the 2010 World Cup, critics alighted on the attendant media circus, citing the happy coincidence of the lucrative opportunities afforded in Europe's fashion capital.

When rumours of the deal were leaked a month in advance, Milan's vice-president, Adriano Galliani, conceded that it couldn't hurt the club's finances.

“Football today is about full stadiums and sponsors, and superstars like Beckham fill them up,” he said. “With him, Kaka and Ronaldinho, it will be a dream team.”

Visitors to any major city at the time would have been familiar with billboard posters from which Beckham loomed, sprawled in a pair of Giorgio Armani underpants.

On Milan's training ground it was clear that Beckham was not about to be undressed despite the stellar company on Milan's roster that also included Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf and Paolo Maldini. Coach Carlo Ancelotti noted Beckham's keenness, and pitched him straight into a central midfield role alongside Pirlo and Seedorf in a 2-2 draw at Roma. He retained his place, this time on the right of midfield, for a 1-0 victory over Fiorentina, and in his third game opened his scoring account with the last goal in a 4-1 romp over Bologna.

Another followed against Genoa three days later. Standing to the left of the 18-yard-box, almost level with the penalty spot, a position from which most would have thought only to cross, he took a step back, before fizzing the ball round the two-man wall and into the near corner to open the scoring. Classic Becks.

“On the pitch, Beckham sees everything before everyone else,” Ancelotti enthused. “His vision of play is better now than during his time in Manchester. He is slower but much stronger tactically and technically. He is very intelligent and works a lot.”

The club's athletics coach Daniele Tognaccini, founder of the club's fabled 'Milan Lab' sports research centre, went even further, describing him as the “the perfect English Lord.”

Clearly invigorated, Beckham expressed the desire to make the move permanent early in February. LA Galaxy asked for US$15m. Milan refused, aware that his contract expired in November. After a month of haggling, the deal was extended to the end of the Italian season, during which he helped Milan qualify for the Champions league.

When Beckham returned to America in July, having already missed the start of the MLS campaign, the mood was less welcoming. If banners reading 'Go home fraud' hardly matched the vitriol received at West Ham in the wake of his dismissal at the 1998 World Cup, he felt obliged to defend his honour.

“I am committed to LA Galaxy and MLS in the long term and remain as passionate as ever about growing the game of soccer in America,“ he countered. ”I'm completely focused on ending this season on a high note with my club by winning the MLS Cup.”

Galaxy – where, incidentally Beckham's arrival boosted season ticket sales by 11,000 – did reach November's play-off final, losing to Real Salt Lake in a shootout in which Beckham successfully converted his spot-kick. By then Beckham had finalised the details of a return to Milan late in January 2010.

“I need to give myself the best chance to make the World Cup squad – playing for Milan will help me,” he said. “I genuinely enjoyed my time at Milan and I look forward to meeting the players and staff again.”

Even at 34, he looked destined to go to South Africa with England – his fourth World Cup. He'd surpassed Bobby Moore's record 108th cap for an outfield player, winning his 115th in October's final World Cup qualifier against Belarus. England boss Fabio Capello was impressed. “People think he is a playboy off the pitch – that is not true at all,” he said. “He is a serious lad, very sensible, a professional.”

Ancelotti had moved on to Chelsea by the time Beckham returned to Milan; the ex-Brazilian international Leonardo taking the reins at San Siro. With Capello watching, Beckham played 75 minutes of the 5-2 win over Genoa in the first week of January. Between then and March he started eight of his 13 appearances, including the mouthwatering clash with his alma mater for a quarter-final Champions League spot.

A rampant United won 3-2 in Milan and 4-0 at Old Trafford, where the biggest cheer greeted Beckham's 64th-minute introduction for Ignazio Abate. It was his penultimate game on the European stage. During Milan's match with Chievo he tore his left Achilles tendon and was withdrawn on a stretcher; an injury which ended his World Cup dream and international career.

But there was to be a happy ending in Hollywood. After surgery and a five-month lay-off Beckham resumed his duties with Galaxy, helping them to MLS success in 2011. A new contract and another MLS win followed in 2012 before a stint at Paris Saint-Germain – where he was reunited with Ancelotti – proved the last stop on a 20-year playing ride.

To illustrate the passage of time, it is 25 years this August since that goal at Selhurst Park, a strike which catapulted Beckham into a higher level of acclaim and scrutiny.

Though suggestions were made that he had placed too much stock in the fame game by the time of his 2003 departure from Old Trafford, his late swansongs in Milan and Paris did much to dampen those notions.

In 2003, Sir Alex Ferguson had questioned the player's distractions, suggesting the focus was not on his football. A decade on, he conceded he had witnessed that resurrection himself; a glorious last flicker of the embers.

“Sometimes you have to take something away from someone for them to see how much they loved it,” he wrote. “When Beckham moved to America to join LA Galaxy, I believe he began to realise he had surrendered a part of his career. He worked incredibly hard to return to the level he had been at in his prime and showed more enthusiasm for the hard graft of the game than he did at the end of his time with us.”

Beckham had no silverware to show for the hard graft of his 33 games at Milan – in each season they finished third in Serie A. But he had won something no less important: respect.

www.manutd.com
Old 24-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #1826
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

David Beckham believes former team-mate Solskjaer is doing an 'incredible job' at Manchester United and insists the fans 'love Ole and want him to do well'
David Beckham says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done an 'incredible job' at United

* He also says that Manchester United's results are finally 'starting to show that'
* Beckham says the United fans 'love Ole' and that they 'all want him to do well'
* Man United are on course to finish in the top since for the first time since 2013

David Beckham says his former teammate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done an 'incredible job' at Manchester United and that the club's results are 'starting to show that'.

Beckham – who won five Premier League titles, the Champions League and an FA Cup with Solskjaer – says the United fans 'love' their current manager and that they 'all want him to do well'.

As it stands, United are second in the table and could finish in the top three for the first time since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013.

Speaking to ESPN after the criticism Solskjaer has received, Beckham said: 'I've seen some of the criticism but I suppose when you are a manager of Man United when they've had success over the years that they've had, there was always going to be a point where people get criticised, whether it's the players, whether it's the owners, whether it's the manager.

'Ole's been in the game long enough to be able to take any kind of criticism. He's very quiet, he gets on with his job, and I think he's done an incredible job down at United.

'The results are starting to show that. Hopefully it continues because the fans love Ole, we all love Ole and we all want him to do well. So when the criticism comes, he's one person that can take it.'

David Beckham (M) says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (L) has done an 'incredible job' at Man United. Beckham won five Premier League titles, the Champions League and an FA Cup with Solskjaer. Beckham says the Manchester United fans 'love Ole' and that they 'all want him to do well'

Solskjaer has recently come under fire after Manchester United's FA Cup run came to an end after they were beaten at Leicester City.

The United manager pinned the blame on his side's hectic schedule as they suffered a 3-1 quarter-final loss.

The criticism also comes after United were dumped out of the Champions League in the group stages and stalled in the league - after going top of the table in January.

United will look to get back to winning ways when they take on Brighton at home on Sunday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9395101/David-Beckham-claims-former-teammate-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-incredible-job-United.html
Old 23-09-2021, 09:57 PM   #1827
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Hari ini 29 tahun lalu (tahun 1992) adalah debut pertama Beckham bersama United yang kala itu masih berusia 17 tahun..

Old 07-10-2021, 10:05 AM   #1828
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David Beckham is 'very keen' to get involved in the first ever F1 Miami Grand Prix next year after building his own MLS franchise in the city, the race's managing director reveals

* Manchester United legend David Beckham could get involved in the Miami GP
* The race's director Tom Garfinkel said the football icon was keen on attending
* Beckham has already invested in the city by building an MLS football team there

David Beckham wants to get involved in next year's maiden Miami Grand Prix and could be one of many star names in attendance, according to the race's managing partner.

Formula One struck a ten-year deal to stage the race on the south east coast, with the first taking place in 2022 in Miami Gardens, with a pupose-built track set to be built near the Hard Rock Stadium - home to NFL franchise Miami Dolphins.

Tom Garfinkel, who is heading up next year's race - and is also CEO of the Dolphins - revealed he had dinner with Beckham to gauge his interest in the race and said the former Manchester United, Real Madrid and LA Galaxy star was 'very keen' on attending.

David Beckham is 'very keen' to attend the Miami Grand Prix next year, says the race's chief. The city will host its first race in 2022 after agreeing a ten-year deal with Formula One

'It's kind of a funny story - David and I have a mutual friend who called and said David wants to meet you and wants to get involved in the race,' he told Sky Sports.

'So we had dinner last week. David is very keen to come out to the event. He's very excited about coming to Miami for the F1 race.'

He added: 'We've gotten a lot of calls from different celebrities, friends, wealthy people and powerful people who all are expressing a lot of interest to come.

Tom Garfinkel, managing partner of the Miami GP, said he expects a big celebrity turnout. Beckham has invested heavily in Miami - creating an MLS franchise, which launched in 2020

'I would expect a large degree of celebrity attendance coming from all over the world for this event. There is a big celebrity culture in Miami.'

Beckham has invested heavily in the city of Miami having worked hard to start his own MLS franchise there. Talks began as early as 2007 when the former midfielder first joined Galaxy as his contract included an option to purchase an MLS expansion team for $25million.

He exercised that option in 2014 and four years later it was awarded a place in the MLS - with Beckham bringing star names to the club including Gonzalo Higuain and Blaise Matuidi.

There is already an established Grand Prix in the United States, which takes place in Austin at the Circuit of the Americas - but Garfinkel is confident the two races can work together in tandem.

'All ships rise with the rising tide,' he added. 'For hardcore F1 fans in the US or casual ones, they now have another event to come to. The more the merrier.

'The more racing we have, more race fans we can create. Growth is important for everybody so I think it's just a win for everybody.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-10064969/David-Beckham-keen-involved-Miami-Grand-Prix-year.html
Old 25-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #1829
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David Beckham under fire for his £150m ambassadorial deal with Qatar as calls mount for him to be removed from his UNICEF role over country's poor human rights record with England icon also accused of sportswashing as he prepares to front 2022 World Cup

* David Beckham is expected to reveal a £150million deal with Qatar next month
* It will see him be a leading figure in the country's build-up to the 2022 World Cup
* However his decision is being widely criticised over Qatar's human rights record
* Some have also accused Man United icon of being duplicit in sportswashing

David Beckham is under fire over reports he has signed a deal worth £150million over 10 years to become the face of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar and an ambassador for the emirate.

Qatar has been accused of human rights violations, in particular over its attitudes towards women and gay people.

Beckham, 46, is said to have received reassurances that all fans will be treated well at the tournament before he agreed the £15m-a-year deal. However, the former England captain was still criticised for putting money ahead of his principles.

David Beckham is believed to have agreed a £150million deal to be an ambassador for Qatar. As part of the deal it is expected that Beckham will become the face of the 2022 World Cup

Veteran human-rights activist Peter Tatchell said: ‘It is really disappointing that he is promoting Qatar in return for a lot of money, given its dismal human-rights record.

'He has made a huge mistake. I hope he will think again. This doesn’t square with his professed support for women’s and LGBT+ rights.’

Helen Barnard, research and policy director at the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, added: ‘Such weak justifications from Beckham and all the clubs and stars taking money from these brutal, horrific regimes.’

The England legend was pictured in the country earlier this month, taking in various sights including some of the stadiums to be used for next year's tournament.

According to The Sun, Beckham will have an official role as part of a deal to be announced next month that will also see him promote tourism and culture in Qatar.

'David has always talked about the power of football as a force for good on many levels,' a spokeswoman for Beckham told The Sun.

Beckham became close with Qatari president of PSG, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, in his time in France

'As we reach the one year to go point he will join the wider football community that is coming together for the World Cup 2022 and he's looking forward to what he thinks will be a great tournament.'

However, many have voiced their concern over one of the world's most recognisable sports stars becoming the face of an event that many consider to be an unashamed attempt at sportswashing.

Taking to Twitter, the account End Sportswashing wrote: 'Very disappointing decision by David Beckham to sell his image to this #sportswashing exercise.

'He should instead be using his position to draw attention to Qatar's human rights record and treatment of it's migrant workers.'

As well as their poor human rights record over their own citizens, Qatar's bid to get ready for the World Cup next winter has shone a light on their treatment of migrant workers.

The country continues to insist that conditions for workers are of their highest priority, however, numerous investigations have found this not to be the case, and there is evidence that the number of deaths of migrant workers is being under reported.

Beckham's decision to accept the position has also seen people call into question his role with UNICEF.

One user on Twitter commented: '@UNICEF Your 'ambassador' David Beckham has just taken £22 million from Qatar to 'promote' the World Cup, a country with horrendous human rights violations.

'Will you now remove him from this conflict of interest?'

Another wrote: 'What a shame. Someone we all felt reasonably good about decided to sell it all for some Middle East wedge. A guy who is literally an ambassador for UNICEF. Wow.'

Beckham's relationship with Qatar is not a new one, stemming back to his time as a player at Paris Saint-Germain.

It is understood the ambassadorial deal came about as a result of Beckham's close friendship with the Qatari president of PSG, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, when the former Manchester United star played for the club in 2013.

The pair were photographed laughing together at an international match in Qatar in 2019 and Beckham has become a frequent visitor to the country – he is due back in Qatar next month to watch the Formula One Grand Prix hosted by the desert state.

Speaking in 2019 about the World Cup in Qatar, Beckham spoke of his jealously at not getting the chance to be there as a player.

He said: 'I think as a player and a fan you want to visit a World Cup competition with great facilities, safe facilities, great hotels and great culture – and that's what Qatar is all about.

'I wish I was still playing because to play in stadiums like this, it's a dream. Players are going to be spoilt.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10125283/David-Beckham-fire-150m-ambassadorial-deal-Qatar.html
Old 16-11-2021, 08:34 AM   #1830
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David Beckham is urged to cut ties with Qatar and reverse his decision to be a 'face' of next year's World Cup because of the nation's poor treatment of migrant workers in build-up to the tournament

* David Beckham is currently set to be one of the faces of the Qatar World Cup
* The football event will take place in Qatar next year despite major issues
* Qatar's treatment of migrant workers helping the tournament has been criticised
* Ex-England captain Beckham, a UNICEF ambassador, has been urged to cut ties
* Beckham considers Qatari leader Sheik Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani as a friend

David Beckham is under increasing pressure to reverse his decision to be a ‘face’ of the Qatar World Cup.

An Amnesty International report states the treatment of migrant workers in the country has deteriorated and urges him to highlight their plight.

Beckham’s camp declined to comment on the report, which exposes the host nation’s failure to investigate the deaths of construction workers after long shifts in blistering desert heat.

One year out from the tournament kick-off, Beckham is due in Doha this weekend for the Qatar Grand Prix and now faces uncomfortable questions when he starts promoting the World Cup.

Senior sources at Unicef, a key part of his charity work for 15 years, are ‘dismayed’ by Beckham signing a multi-million-pound deal with the Qataris. Amnesty said he should use his position to ‘keep the world’s focus on the human rights issues surrounding the matches’ at next year’s World Cup.

The organisation said: ‘David Beckham has a unique worldwide profile which offers wide opportunities to highlight human rights issues in Qatar.’

Speaking out would entail a total U-turn on his part. During a trip to the country in 2019, he said he counted the country’s leader, Sheik Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, as a friend. Beckham said at the time: ‘I think for me it’s what you want in a World Cup. You want to arrive somewhere and feel happy.’

David Beckham has been urged to reverse his decision to become the face of Qatar 2022. The World Cup will be held in Qatar amid a backdrop of poor human rights record in the nation. Beckham considers the country’s leader, Sheik Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, as a friend

Amnesty’s 48-page report presents a bleak picture of what immigrant workers face, with Qatari promises of the abolition of the hated kafala system — which restricted migrant workers from leaving the country or changing jobs without their employer’s permission — not in evidence.

Amnesty’s UK chief executive Sacha Deshmukh urged England’s current players and coaching staff to speak up. Deshmukh said: ‘The FA is part of the UEFA Working Group on Workers’ Rights in Qatar and can press the Doha authorities over strengthening migrant worker protections, investigating worker deaths and helping to fashion a tournament with a genuinely positive legacy.’

An FA spokesman said: ‘We believe there is evidence of substantial progress being made by Qatar in relation to workers’ rights, but we recognise there is still more to be done.’ The Qatari Government did not respond to a request for comment.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10205629/David-Beckham-urged-cut-ties-Qatar-nations-poor-treatment-migrant-workers.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 254
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abdul rahman, adefebsa, adittelor, aldorioclev23, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Aman, amed_aja, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, andy kurniawan, Ardiey11, arief rachman, Arland00, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, babol cantona, bambang.hariyanto, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, big_ganz, billywarouw, binsar p sigalingging, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, boimKosim, bombom, BQbgGHbqbp, bs_brew, Bulma, cep23cms, chest, crazygurlz, CRj, d10neladitya, daitze, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dee_vee7, dekepiks, delongedee, Dera Riesta S, derajulio, DeriEdmon17, dery pramudito, der_emperor, desta swegenk, devil_heart, Dhie_Cantona07, dhodoadrian, dibi, Didin, dudut, dwi.cleverley23, dyan_giggs, ebiTh, ecly_watchaa, edroid, Eka UPC, eliasinc, emunx keane, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, eying26, fadilbedil, fajrinited, fatzzjoe, Febert Wuisang, febza, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, fetem, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, Fitransyah Putra, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, FZwrLUcoom, GeaErang, GentaP, ghopoereds, giggs26, Gledies Anggy, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hdhe16, hendiplast, hendrabulk, hendrikYP, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, HRHMU86, iamsetia, iblismerah, id4y, ing areese, ipay, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, Ivank, iyyye, janettlamz, jifortin, Johnny Depp, jratualang, Juni HW, JustDenny, JustUnited, khazuhiro, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kykyba7, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, leo aryo, Les Diables Rouges, liwaul hamdi s, loveUNITED, lusiarha, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, mayarararocks, MCR7, MichaelMU, mikhail vidic, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, naufalhilmy, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nofi_redsarmy, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, omink_08, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, paiman, pelz, penk22_, petetdidi, pongsamma, prahmono, pukimax, pung91, Pure_red, qlkeucoit67, Rean, Red Army, reddevilmaniac, redit, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, revald, Ricky_urban, rio vander vidic, riska ramdhani, Riskur, rizkyawan, rizluq, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, ronysnaja, roodee_UID, Ryan Smith, s.h.a.r.a.z, saka7, sanji0ne, scratch, sepatu_ancur, Septiansyah, setiawans001, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, steve.crowford, sugeng99pramono, SuperBecks, swareksa, Syarifeghy, Tamanaro, tasho, taz_devil_utd, teukurevi5, Tevan, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, Thomas, TomEnrico, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, UBENK 444, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, waynehanks, wazzapoetra, wazza_ampuh, Welki red devils, Wengge Schmeichel, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yacub budi, YRgoFManpm, yusufdian, zan_mufc, zeavhere, zircon tri hafid, zizitchy, zudomiriku