United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 21-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Scott McTominay

MCTOMINAY INSPIRED BY LINGARD AND RASHFORD

It is Monday night and the famous Old Trafford clock shows we are in the 85th minute.

Manchester United's Reserves have been pegged back by a second Derby County equaliser and the Reds need a hero. Step forward Scott McTominay, turning to fire a loose ball home in front of the Stretford End for his second goal of the game and one that earned a valuable Premier League 2 win for Warren Joyce's youngsters.

The joy in his sliding celebration was obvious – it was the sort of thing every schoolboy footballer dreams of – but it was a long and difficult route to this point for the 19-year-old. This is a teenager who sprouted up so much he went from being described in his player profile as 'diminutive' to becoming one of the tallest players at the club.

"It was around 18 months ago," he tells ManUtd.com. "I was 5ft 6ins and, to go from that to the height I am now, 6ft 2ins or 6ft 3ins, it takes a little bit of time to get used to it. It’s not a problem, though, as I’m going to put that behind me and look to the season ahead.

"It’s just more of the fact that my body was not ready at all. Warren and Paul McGuinness were really good with me at that time, nurturing me and putting me in and out of training sessions while not giving me so much game time. I’m at the height I am now and I want to keep going this season and get as much game time as I possibly can. I always knew I was going to be quite tall but maybe not that tall!"

The careful nurturing must have been difficult to deal with but he can discuss it with real honesty: "I think when I was 13 or 14, if I was at another club who weren’t as patient with me as I was smaller and not playing games, I think they might have thought: 'We’ll just get rid of him'. I couldn’t fault United when I was growing up and how they treated me. How it’s panned out has obviously been really good."

Injuries and that incredible growth spurt affected his progress at a time when he was already scrapping for recognition and jostling for a place in one of world football's best academies. Remarkably, the lengthy absence and cautious treatment has enabled him to come to the fore now.

"It was such a tough period, I would say 18 months but it’s probably even longer than that," he recalls. "It was a long time I missed and it is tough getting yourself back up to where everyone else is. But that’s just the attitude you need to have.

"I think that’s the best thing that has ever happened with me," he contends with more retrospection. "Obviously, I like the height I am at now and missing that time allowed me to go to the gym to get much stronger. I notice that on the pitch now.

"I was always getting brushed aside by other boys but now I can really compete with them. It might not have been good for me to play for my whole body in general but I’ve got the attitude I want to get stronger, quicker and more powerful.

"I am relentless in the gym, doing the power work, and it’s one of the most important things for me. Having been brought up always being small and getting pushed off the ball, now I realise it doesn’t happen much now because I’m a little bit stronger and am competing with these guys.

"We go into the gym every day. A lot of it is leg-based but I work on my upper body and a lot of core. All the boys are dead competitive in the gym and want to be the best. When you’re at Manchester United, you can’t settle for anything less."

Making it at Manchester United is a tall order for any player, let alone one who was forced to spend such a long period of his formative footballing years on the sidelines. Yet it has become easy to see why coach Joyce is such an admirer of a clever operator who can clearly follow instructions and take tactical advice on board.

"Scott has just burst onto the scene and did well last season," comments Joyce. "He could be a proper box-to-box aggressive midfielder and we need to be mindful of that. He's a really good footballer, technically sound with good skills and excellent in the keep-ball sessions."

McTominay appears in tune with his coach's demands: "It is very hard but we wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes it's a case of 'running again' but you notice at the end of games that other teams start tiring so that is why we do it. You've got to be as fit as you can." It is the sort of attitude that must endear him to Joyce, who has the knack of getting the absolute maximum out of the youngsters at his disposal.

However, there are other examples on the playing front he can use to spur him to greater heights. Scoring a couple of goals at Old Trafford for the Reserves is a pretty special achievement but he does not have to look very far to see other Academy graduates making their mark on the first team.

Jesse Lingard was famously small as a schoolboy, lacking the muscle and height to properly compete with bulkier opponents at one stage. His name will be forever etched in United's illustrious history after his sensational strike at Wembley won the FA Cup last May.

"That was an inspiration for me," admits McTominay readily. "It just shows how far you can actually come. A lot of people may have written Jesse off when he was a lot younger and smaller and thought he might not be capable of playing at the top level but look at him now, he’s done it.

"Marcus Rashford is another prime example. Marcus and I were in the Under-16s and we used to do 45 minutes each. We both weren’t capable of playing the full game. That was in the no.10 role and we’ve both moved positions; he’s gone up front and I’ve dropped back into midfield.

"Marcus has what you want to see as a fan: blistering pace. United is by far the best place for producing young players and winning trophies, which is what the club wants to get back to. Everyone wants to keep pushing forward and winning as much as possible."

With an Under-21 title already under his belt, there is more silverware to play for this season and, judging by the signs, Scott McTominay is going to be a key player for Joyce's side in their quest for Premier League 2 and Premier League International Cup glory.

http://www.manutd.com/
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Scott McTominay

Profil McTominay dari website resmi United..

An intelligent operator who scored his first goal at Reserves level when hitting the winner in the Lancashire Senior Cup tie at Blackpool.

After seeing his 2014/15 ruined by injury linked to growth and developing issues after a promising start, he showed his adaptability by moving into a centre-forward role after making his name as a creative midfielder.

A late developer in terms of physicality, he sprouted up to around 6ft 4ins in height, and is one of the biggest players in the squad. He made eight appearances in 2014/16, five as a starter, and followed it up with nine at Under-21 level (four in the starting XI).

Due to a shortage of out-and-out strikers, Warren Joyce utilised the tall youngster in attack and he put in a real shift in each of his games. The winner at Blackpool was a sweet moment for him and it will be interesting to see where his long-term future lies in term of his best position. He certainly has the power to contend with leading the line and unsettling centre-backs.

McTominay also made two appearances in the UEFA Youth League earlier in the season for Nicky Butt's Reds.

http://www.manutd.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Andi Istiabudi For This Useful Post:
Old 22-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Momen Scott McTominay kecil bersama Sir Alex Ferguson

Old 29-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Salah satu interview MUTV bersama Scott McTominay

Old 29-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
ivanzferdinand
first team
Follow IG. @dhidhik_iraone

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
ivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud ofivanzferdinand has much to be proud of
Visit ivanzferdinand's Facebook Visit ivanzferdinand's Twitter Visit ivanzferdinand's YouTube

Mudah"an gak dibuang dengan sia"
Old 29-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Biar gak dibuang sia-sia harus terus tampil konsisten, syukur-syukur kalau bisa sering bikin gol
Old 30-09-2016, 12:09 AM   #7
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Ya...semoga McTominay bisa konsisten positif di United.
Biar pemain Akademi United ada lagi yang diorbitkan.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 06:03 AM   #8
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumpal_oneunited View Post
Ya...semoga McTominay bisa konsisten positif di United.
Biar pemain Akademi United ada lagi yang diorbitkan.
Beberapa tahun terakhir banyak pemain Academy United yang berjuang keras agar menembus tim utama. Kalau manajer terus membeli pemain dari luar maka otomatis peluang mereka juga semakin berat. Agak berbeda dengan masa SAF, dimana pemain Academy lebih memiliki kans yang besar
Old 30-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #9
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHO IS UNITED SUB SCOTT MCTOMINAY?

Scott McTominay, named on the bench for the visit of Swansea City, may not be too well known to followers of Manchester United's senior side but he has been a regular in the Reserves all season, with all the games shown on MUTV.

Furthermore, Inside United, the official club magazine, showcases the club's younger players with its Youth Spotlight feature and McTominay featured earlier this season.

We have reproduced this detailed lowdown on the 20-year-old midfielder or attacker and you can also read an exclusive interview with him from September.

INTRODUCTION

Scott McTominay had just turned five when he first caught United’s eye at the development centre in Preston, which he attended alongside fellow Reserves star Joe Riley. He is now benefiting from careful treatment during his adolescence which led to long spells without 11-a-side football. The patience has been rewarded as he has forced his way into the reckoning under [former boss] Warren Joyce and started in three of the four fixtures in August.

POSITION

Since sharing no.10 duties with a certain Marcus Rashford in the Under-16s, he has generally moved deeper into midfield where his new-found strength comes in useful. Joyce used him as a lone centre-forward but both he and the player agree his long-term role is probably as a box-to-box or holding midfielder.

STYLE

Following a growth spurt during his Academy days and endless hours in the gym, McTominay’s game has altered dramatically. Although retaining his ability on the ball, he can handle the physical demands in the middle of the park and is useful in the air. “He’s a really good footballer,” commented [former coach] Joyce. ”Technically sound with good skills and excellent in the keep-ball sessions.”

HIGHLIGHT

“Definitely winning the league last year,” was his instant response to this question. As for scoring his maiden goal for the Reserves at Blackpool, he admitted: “It was good but I was not too pleased with how I played. It was a tough game, they were big, strong lads and it was a test because playing up front was hard.”

BEST PERFORMANCE

McTominay performed well against Liverpool in a 1-1 draw in March [2016]. “It was my first start in the Under-21s and a big night for me. Martin Skrtel and Steven Caulker played and they had a strong team so it was a good indicator of where I was and how much I needed to improve. Obviously, going into it, you are wondering where you are as a player so it was reassuring to know you are definitely in the mix with top quality players and can compete with them.”

TRIVIA

Despite being born in Lancaster, Scott has Scottish roots and that could be where his international future lies. He has already attended training camps with the country’s younger sides and revealed: “I’m probably more Scottish than I am English.”

www.manutd.com
Old 23-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MCTOMINAY THRILLED BY FULL UNITED DEBUT

Youngster Scott McTominay was thrilled to make his first Manchester United start in Sunday's 2-0 win over Crystal Palace on the final day of the league season.

The 20-year-old midfielder, who made his debut away at Arsenal earlier this month, was handed a maiden start in the middle of the park alongside Paul Pogba and acquitted himself well in playing the full 90 minutes.

"It was an absolutely brilliant experience; being able to go out there in front of 75,000 to make your first full start was a dream come true," he told MUTV after the game.

"I want to thank the manager for having the faith to put the young players in and it was truly an amazing experience."

McTominay was not alone in making his senior Old Trafford bow as he lined up alongside fellow Academy graduates Demi Mitchell and Josh Harrop, who were later joined by Angel Gomes.

"It was nice to be alongside Demi, Angel and Josh, who scored, which was fantastic for him," McTominay added. "Every day when you are in the gym and out running, you dream about these days and you want more of them.

"Being here since I was little and working my way through the age groups, to now make my full first-team debut really is a dream come true."

His recent first-team exploits have added gloss to what has been a productive season for McTominay, who believes this year has made him a better player after playing in a number of different roles.

"I am a central midfielder but I am happy to do whatever I can to help the manager and the team. I think playing up front for the Reserves has probably helped me grow as a player," he added. "Now it is time to rest and hopefully kick on into next year and target a breakthrough into the first team."

McTominay was also keen to praise the more experienced pros in the side who helped guide him and the other youngsters through the game and who continue to provide inspiration.

"Paul Pogba and Wayne Rooney were brilliant and Michael Carrick too when he came on," the youngster added. "Playing alongside them and being able to learn from them is great as they are top players. Just watching them train and the way they go about their game gives you something to learn from."

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 27
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, chincarito, endhy_cantona, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, id4y, ivanzferdinand, Jodirama, penk22_, Rean, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, weelblack, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yogiromadhona, zudomiriku