United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 30-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anthony Elanga

Is Anthony Elanga set to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's 'X-factor' next season? He grew up idolising Thierry Henry while his dad played for Cameroon, and the 19-year-old winger's super pre-season could force Man United breakthrough
Anthony Elanga caught the eye with a volley in Man United's draw with Brentford

* 19-year-old Swedish winger is pushing hard for a first-team shot this season
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaped praise on the academy graduate after latest goal
* Elanga modelled his game on French legend Thierry Henry when growing up
* His father Joseph was an international for Cameroon and went to the World Cup
* The exciting forward now aims to follow Rashford and Greenwood into first team

Aaron Wan-Bissaka's cross was a fraction behind him but the body adjustment was sharp and the volleyed finish perfectly executed.

A split-second later, 30,000 Manchester United fans inside Old Trafford were showing their appreciation for Anthony Elanga.

'When it went in I could hear the roar from the fans - it's my first time playing at Old Trafford with the fans - and it felt special,' Elanga said afterwards.

A delighted Anthony Elanga (right) celebrates with a knee slide after a well-taken volley gave Manchester United the lead in their pre-season friendly with Brentford at Old Trafford

Elanga adjusted his body well to meet Aaron Wan-Bissaka's cross and execute a nice volley

When it comes to convincing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer not to send him out on loan this season but keep him at United as an ace up the sleeve, Elanga is doing a fine job.

After goals against Queens Park Rangers and now Brentford in pre-season friendlies, adding to the one scored at Wolves on the final day of the Premier League last season, the 19-year-old is hammering on the first-team door.

The talent of the Sweden Under-21 international, who can play on either wing or as a centre forward, isn't in doubt. The question is whether a path to Solskjaer's first team is currently open.

If Marcus Rashford misses the first two months of the season to have shoulder surgery, Elanga could well get his chance. This exciting winger would offer stiff competition for Dan James on the left side of United's attack.

He was certainly more eye-catching than James, who replaced him on 62 minutes, in Wednesday night's 2-2 draw with Brentford, a game littered with stunning goals.

19-year-old Elanga also made an impression from the bench and scored a consolation goal in United's 4-2 defeat to Queens Park Rangers in a friendly last weekend. United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been impressed, praising Elanga's performances

Elanga, who joined United from Swedish club Malmo in 2014, played alongside Mason Greenwood in the under-14 side. Now he has aspirations to soon line up alongside him in the first-team attack.

Solskjaer certainly seemed impressed as he mulled Elanga's next step.

'The boy is electric, has energy and enthusiasm, he's really enjoying himself,' the United boss said.

'He's done himself the world of good. We know he's a good player, we know he's a good lad. He works so hard, he's always smiley, bright, asking what more he needs to do, he's so hungry to improve and get better.

'He can play wide left, wide right, up front… so anywhere along the front line. He's going to be an asset.'

The teenager scored against Wolves on the final day of the Premier League last season

Elanga made his first senior appearance for United in their home loss to Leicester in May

Keen to emphasise Elanga's eagerness to please, Solskjaer added: 'If you ask him at half-time to run over to the cricket ground and get us a drink, he'd do it. That's the type of lad he is.'

Elanga, who won the prestigious Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award in 2020, following in the footsteps of Rashford and Greenwood, clearly senses it could be his moment.

Earlier this month, he posted a slick Instagram video showing himself in training. It was captioned: 'Don't complain about the season you didn't have with the work you didn't do!'

It focused on Elanga firing in shots from the edge of the penalty box - he has been criticised for not taking some of the simpler chances that fall his way - and lifting weights in the gym to cope with the physicality of senior football.

Another big compliment came from Old Trafford legend Gary Neville, who described Elanga as 'a nightmare to play against' and 'Thierry Henry-esque' when he scored one and set up another for United's under-21 side in a 6-0 rout of Salford City in the EFL Trophy last season.

That comparison will have pleased Elanga, who idolised Henry growing up.

'I tried to match my game with his. He was quick, he could play anywhere across the front three - striker, left wing, right wing - and that's how I want to replicate my game,' he told The Athletic last October.

Gary Neville compared Elanga to Thierry Henry after his performance against Salford City. Henry was capable of playing right across the forward line and had electric pace

It helps Elanga that football runs in his blood. His father was Joseph Elanga, a defender who played for Malmo and Brondby among others and made 17 appearances for Cameroon, making their 1998 World Cup squad. Samuel Eto'o, unsurprisingly, was another role model.

He played in Malmo's youth teams as a schoolboy before moving to England with his mum Daniella, who took the then 11-year-old to a training session at Hyde United on a cold January night.

Elanga was left looking lost, however, because Hyde didn't turn up but he was invited to train on the neighbouring pitch with Hattersley FC.

17 goals in 12 matches later and Elanga was drawing interest first from Man City and then from United.

Elanga still keeps in touch with Hattersley and earlier this year paid an £80 astroturf hire fee to make sure one of their games wasn't postponed.

Assimilating into the Old Trafford dressing room hasn't been an issue. Elanga speaks fluent English, Swedish and French with intentions to learn Spanish and Portuguese.

After impressing in United's youth sides, Elanga was promoted into the first-team fold at the start of last season, making his debut in a pre-season friendly against Aston Villa.

From there, he was called into the United squad for various Europa League games before finally making his competitive debut against Leicester City on May 11.

His chance came because United had to play Liverpool two nights later, forcing Solskjaer to rotate.

A thumping header at Molineux on the final afternoon of the season was the perfect way to sign off and Elanga has picked up his form ahead of the new campaign.

'He's got an X-factor,' Solskjaer has said. 'He's got the acceleration, pace, speed, that's a given for wingers and he's got qualities I like.'

It now remains to be seen whether he likes those qualities enough to keep Elanga in his squad for the coming season.

United's Premier League opener against Leeds is just over a fortnight away and Elanga is making a persuasive argument.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9839087/Manchester-United-Anthony-Elanga-set-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaers-X-factor-season.html
mumpung Martial masih recovery dan Rashford kemungkinan akan operasi boleh lah Elanga lebih sering dimainkan diawal musim ini ato musim ini diberikan jam bermain yg lebih dibanding musim lalu
Old 14-10-2021, 09:37 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anthony Elanga

Manchester United youngster Anthony Elanga suffers alleged racist abuse from an opponent while playing for Sweden's under-21 team against Italy

* The 19-year-old was subjected to alleged racist abuse by an opponent during * Sweden's 1-1 draw with Italy in European Under-21 Championship qualifying
* Swedish officials reported the comment to the referee and match delegates
* Boss Claes Eriksson described the alleged abuse as 'completely unacceptable'
* Winger Elanga has made three first-team appearances at Manchester United

Manchester United forward Anthony Elanga was subjected to alleged racist abuse by an opponent while playing for Sweden Under-21s on Tuesday, the Swedish Football Association has said.

Elanga was part of the Sweden side that drew 1-1 with Italy in a European Under-21 Championship qualifier.

A statement on the Swedish FA's official website said: 'In connection with the Under-21 national team's European Championship qualifier against Italy in Monza on Tuesday, Anthony Elanga has stated after the match that he has been subjected to a racist comment from an opponent in the Italian Under-21 national team.'

Sweden Under-21s boss Claes Eriksson said: 'We have told our version of what happened and have submitted an oral report to both the referees and the match delegates.

Anthony Elanga was subjected to alleged racist abuse from an opponent during Sweden's under-21 fixture against Italy in Monza on Tuesday. The 19-year-old has made three first-team appearances for Manchester United to date

'We are now waiting for feedback through the match report and the referee report. Once they have arrived, we decide how to proceed. Safety manager Martin Fredman is also informed of what has happened.

'No one should have to be exposed to racism, it is completely unacceptable. We all stand behind and support Anthony in this.'

Elanga, 19, has made three senior appearances for United, with the second of those seeing him score in a 2-1 win against Wolves on the final day of last season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10087797/Man-United-youngster-Anthony-Elanga-suffers-alleged-racist-abuse-opponent.html
Old 24-10-2021, 07:04 AM   #3
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MATIC MAKES ELANGA PREDICTION

Anthony Elanga will become a Manchester United regular in the future, according to team-mate Nemanja Matic.

The 19-year-old enjoyed a fabulous pre-season and made an exciting recent cameo appearance off the bench in the Carabao Cup tie with West Ham United.

He has shone for the Under-23s and scored a beauty in the closing stages of Saturday's 3-0 win over Blackburn Rovers in Premier League 2, making it four goals in four games at that level this term.

Matic spoke to United Review, the official matchday programme for Wednesday's Champions League win over Atalanta, and was in no doubt that Elanga has the ability and the attitude to make the grade at Old Trafford.

When asked about the Sweden Under-21 international's comments regarding the support the Serbian provided when he was preparing to play for the senior side, Nemanja said: “I’m always happy to help players when they are good lads who want to improve, they want to listen and to learn. Anthony is one of the young players who respects the players that are older than him and the players that have more experience.

“So I am very happy with the way he improves and the way he is training and playing in games. So I think he is a very important player for us, in the future, as I see him in the first XI in the next upcoming seasons.”

Matic, as a senior figure within the squad, is always keen to assist his younger colleagues as they try to make their way in the game.

“Of course, I am always there to help," he added. "It’s always good to see players from the Academy when they join us for a training session.

“I think I can see some of them have great potential and are the future of the club. I don’t know what is the secret of the United Academy but, every year, they bring a couple of top players to the first team. I have to speak with the coaches and the staff within the Academy!”

The club's Under-23s are in Premier League 2 action on Saturday at West Ham United, with kick-off at 15:00 BST. The full match is being shown on MUTV from 17:15 BST, following live coverage of the Under-18s' 11:30 BST kick-off against Wolves.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United winger Anthony Elanga signs new four-and-a-half year deal at Old Trafford... with Red Devils football director John Murtough insisting 19-year-old is a 'young player we all really believe in'

* Anthony Elanga has so far made five first-team appearances for Manchester Utd
* The 19-year-old scored on his second Premier League start back in May
* He has been rewarded for his development with a deal until the summer of 2026
* Academy product Elanga revealed he was 'overjoyed' as he put pen-to-paper

Manchester United have handed 19-year-old winger Anthony Elanga a new contract at the club, tying him down until June 2026.

The teenager, who has made five first-team appearances since his debut in May 2021 and scored on his second Premier League start against Wolves on the final day of last season.

He last appeared in the Champions League earlier this month against Young Boys and as he looks to build on his promising start, the Red Devils have tied him down to a new four-and-a-half year contract, with the option to extend for another year.

After penning his new deal alongside technical director Darren Fletcher, Elanga told the club's official website: 'My ultimate ambition has always been to play for Manchester United. The standard is extremely high, but this contract is another important moment in my journey.

'This is the perfect environment to take the next step, with world-class players and coaches to learn from every day.

'I am overjoyed that the Club has shown such faith in my development, and I want to thank my family and all of the staff for their ongoing support.

'I know that with hard-work and dedication comes opportunity at this special club and I cannot wait to continue my progress here. Glory to God always.'

Anthony Elanga signs his new Man Utd contract alongside technical director Darren Fletcher. The 19-year-old scored on his second Premier League start against Wolves back in May. The winger revealed he was 'overjoyed' after signing a new deal until the summer of 2026

Football director John Murtough added: 'Anthony is a young player that we all really believe in. He has consistently impressed throughout the Academy age groups and risen to every challenge that he has faced.

'Anthony is extremely dedicated; he has the work-rate and attitude to keep improving every day and succeed at Manchester United. He is yet another fantastic example of the type of player that our world-leading youth development system continues to produce.

'We are thrilled that Anthony has signed this new contract, and everyone is excited to see him grow over the coming seasons.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10342907/Manchester-United-winger-Anthony-Elanga-signs-new-four-half-year-deal-Old-Trafford.html
Old 17-01-2022, 08:32 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Sancho has competition and it's Anthony Elanga': Manchester United fans question big-money spending after 19-year-old academy graduate shone in Aston Villa draw... putting pressure on likes of Rashford

* Anthony Elanga was given a rare start against Aston Villa on Saturday afternoon
* The academy graduate stepped in with Ronaldo and Rashford sidelined
* He stepped up to put in one of Manchester United's strongest performances
* Red Devils fans are left wondering if Elanga can take the big-money players' spot

Anthony Elanga is threatening to pile more pressure on the likes of Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford, with Man United fans enthused by his performance against Aston Villa.

With Cristiano Ronaldo and Rashford himself ruled-out, Ralf Rangnick made the bold move of handing the 19-year-old his first Premier League start of the season – with unsettled stars Sancho, Jesse Lingard and Donny van de Beek stuck on the bench.

The academy graduate got stuck in with a busy 78 minutes, before behind replaced by £73million Sancho – moments after Jacob Ramsey began Villa's surge from 2-0 down to nick a point.

It's another damaging result for the Red Devils, whose regular starters are under intense pressure having been called-out by Cristiano Ronaldo for their commitment. Elanga could take advantage of the apathy to step in.

Anthony Elanga put in a strong performance against Aston Villa in his first start this season. The winger kept £73million signing Jadon Sancho out of the team as United were held by Villa. Elanga ran hard and earned praise for his pressing, which other stars have struggled with

'Sancho has competition and that is Elanga,' @ofentseEvi wrote on Twitter.

@Hansley1994 added: 'The positive about today is, Elanga is miles ahead of Rashford and Sancho. He must start every game from now on!'

'Elanga will keep the big boys on the bench very soon. He is so confident and promising on the ball,' @GalacticManny wrote, while @Vintage_Utd said: 'Work hard in training & you’ll get your opportunity. Anthony Elanga proves it.'

According to Squawka, Elanga won 100% of his aerial duels (three), and had the most touches inside the opposition box (six).

Elanga, a Swedish under-21 international, has made just eight appearances at senior level – scoring his first United goal against Wolves on the final day of the 2020-21 season.

Surrounded his senior internationals all scrapping for a spot in Rangnick's XI, Elanga could earn himself a run in the team as the German looks for fresh faces to reinvigorate his side.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10406473/Sancho-competition-Elanga-Man-United-fans-question-big-money-spending-teen-shines.html
Old 20-01-2022, 09:09 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Anthony Elanga praises Ralf Rangnick for bringing a new intensity to the Manchester United squad, refers to David De Gea as a 'life saver' - and says it is an honour to line up alongside Cristiano Ronaldo after 3-1 win at Brentford

* Anthony Elanga praised Ralf Rangnick for bringing a new intensity to the squad
* Elanga scored the Red Devil's opening goal in their 3-1 victory over Brentford
* The 19-year-old credited the boss for the squad maximise their training sessions
* Elanga also said it has been an honour to play alongside the likes of Ronaldo

Anthony Elanga has praised Ralf Rangnick for bringing a new intensity to the Manchester United squad.

Elanga scored the Red Devil's opening goal in their 3-1 win over Brentford on Wednesday evening.

The 19-year-old - who credited the manager for maximising the squad's training sessions - also said it has been an honour to play alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Speaking after United's game, Elanga said: 'The first touch set it up. I could see the keeper coming and I just had to head it in.

'I want to continue to work hard and get more goals. I appreciate the boss so much. You can see the intensity we put in in training and can see that if you put in that work you get the results you deserve.'

Despite scoring United's opening goal, David de Gea was Manchester United’s best player on the night.

De Gea made some important saves in the first half at a time when United were under the cosh from Brentford.

Elanga scored the Red Devil's opening goal in their 3-1 win over Brentford on Wednesday. Elanga has praised Ralf Rangnick for bringing a new intensity to the Manchester United squad. Elanga said David de Gea was a 'life save' after producing several important saves for United. Elanga also spoke about what it is like to line-up alongside Ronaldo - calling it an honour

When asked about his team-mates' performance, Elanga said: 'David is a life saver, he is one of the best goalkeepers, I want him to keep doing what he's doing'.

Elanga also spoke about what it is like to line-up alongside the likes of Ronaldo - calling it an honour.

The 19-year-old said: 'It is a pleasure playing with Mason Greenwood and an honour to play with a great player like Cristiano Ronaldo.'

However, he reiterated the importance of winning as Manchester United currently sit seventh in the Premier League table.

The goalscorer said: We needed this win, we have to keep pushing.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10420525/Anthony-Elanga-praises-Ralf-Rangnick-bringing-new-intensity-Manchester-United-squad.html
Old 27-01-2022, 08:41 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Anthony Elanga 'drives forward like a young Ryan Giggs', says former Manchester United defender Paul Parker... who insists the in-form wonderkid HAS to start for Ralf Rangnick's side after bursting onto the scene in style

* Anthony Elanga has started Manchester United's last three league matches
* The 19-year-old scored away at Brentford and has generally impressed in attack
* Ex-United star Paul Parker says he should now be a regular starter for his old club
* Elanga reminds him of former team-mate Ryan Giggs when he runs with the ball

Manchester United wonderkid Anthony Elanga has been likened to a 'young Ryan Giggs' by former Red Devils defender Paul Parker.

Elanga, 19, has impressed since being brought into the first-team fold by Ralf Rangnick in recent matches.

After producing an encouraging display against Aston Villa earlier this month, the Swedish forward was given the nod again by Rangnick away at Brentford last Wednesday.

And he repaid the interim manager's faith by heading home the opener for United in a 3-1 victory, with fans now desperate for him to kick on and become the next academy success story at Old Trafford.

Parker, who made 105 appearances during his own United career, is certainly a fan of Elanga, insisting he drives forward with the ball in similar fashion to club legend Giggs.

‘Forget about his age, he wants to go past people. Elanga, for me, has been a revelation on that left side,’ the 57-year-old told MyBettingSites.co.uk.

‘He reminds me of a young Ryan Giggs, the way he drives forward. He wants to beat people and he’s tracking back to go and get the ball. It’s just application – he wants to win the ball back – he’s everything the fans want to see.

Manchester United wonderkid Anthony Elanga has been likened to a 'young Ryan Giggs'. Elanga, 19, has performed well since coming into the United side and scored away at Brentford. Former United defender Paul Parker believes the youngster should now be a regular starter

‘He’s doing so well and that’s why he "has" to be starting games.’

Parker then continued: ‘Elanga wants to get to the byline and deliver crosses. He’ll run past people without the ball.

'He’s unselfish when he runs because he’s willing to run and even when he doesn’t get the ball, he’s not throwing his arms up in the air and cussing people.

‘When he makes one run and doesn’t get the ball, he makes another run. That’s what United fans want to see.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10444823/Manchester-United-Anthony-Elanga-compared-Ryan-Giggs-bursting-scene-style.html
Old 25-02-2022, 10:48 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Anthony Elanga is NOT a 'world class' youngster like Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs were, claims Michael Owen, as he says he's just a 'very good player'... but Rio Ferdinand insists the 'fearless' teen shouldn't be compared to United greats

* Anthony Elanga scored a vital equaliser for Man United away at Atletico Madrid
* The teenager has impressed since being brought into the side in recent months
* But ex-United striker Michael Owen isn't convinced Elanga is a 'special' talent
* Rio Ferdinand disagreed with his former team-mate and heaped praise on Elanga

Ex-Manchester United team-mates Michael Owen and Rio Ferdinand are at loggerheads over the importance of teenage star Anthony Elanga to their former side.

Elanga, 19, came off the bench to net a vital equaliser for United away at Atletico Madrid on Wednesday night, racing onto a pass from Bruno Fernandes and slotting home to seal a 1-1 draw in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.

The Swedish winger has impressed since being brought into the side by Ralf Rangnick in recent months, registering three goals in 14 appearances under the interim boss.

However, despite his early success in the senior ranks, former United striker Owen doesn't believe Elanga is 'special' enough to lead the club back to major honours.

‘He’s made a difference when he’s come on,' Owen said on BT Sport after the Atletico draw.

'If I saw him playing for any other team I’d say, "yeah, this kid’s got something and he’s going to be a good player".

‘But when I see them coming through Manchester United they have to be special, special. They have to be world class.

Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen disagree about Manchester United teenager Anthony Elanga. Elanga netted a vital equaliser for United away at Atletico Madrid on Wednesday night. But Owen doesn't feel the Swedish youngster is 'special' enough to lead United back to glory. Elanga will not go on to become a Ryan Giggs or Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford, says Owen. Ferdinand, however, insists comparing Elanga to Rooney or Giggs is unfair on the player

‘Is Elanga and players like that going to take you to the league title or win the Champions League? Are they like Ryan Giggs or Wayne Rooney coming through?

‘He’s a very, very good player, but if I’m being brutally honest, if you’re asking me what I think of him, I think he’ll have a fantastic career, but he’ll do very, very well to be a Ryan Giggs or a Wayne Rooney.

‘I know that’s comparing [Elanga to club legends], but that’s what Manchester United are. That’s what they’re aspiring to be, they were and they’ve got to get back to that.

‘If you’ve not got that absolute freakish talent, you’re not really going to be the right… we’ve just spoken about Marcus Rashford – he’s a phenomenal player – he’s got to find another level. Because at the minute they’re not playing like they’re going to win the Champions League or the league.’

But Ferdinand doesn't agree with his old United colleague, insisting Elanga has brought a 'fearlessness' that is lacking in the side right now.

‘What he [Elanga] brings is an energy, a desire, fearlessness,’ the Red Devils legend said. ‘There’s not enough in this Man United team at times.

‘I think to expect to have a young player come through like a Rooney or a Ryan Giggs is blue-sky thinking, that’s like generational-type stuff.

‘I think Man United aren’t in that place now. They need sound characters, sound people, honest, hard-working players who you can build around.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10546437/Anthony-Elanga-Man-Utd-legend-Rio-Ferdinand-disagrees-Michael-Owen-teenage-star.html
baru aja mencetak gol pertama di UCL yang menyelamatkan United dari kekalahan, langsung dibandingkan dengan legend kayak Rooney/Giggs, ntar pemainnya merasa terbebani, biarkan penampilannya mengalir begitu saja, jangan dikit2 dibanding2kan
Old 02-05-2022, 12:00 PM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Anthony Elanga hails 'special' Cristiano Ronaldo and reveals the advice the Manchester United star gives players before games... plus his instructions on celebrating during his latest hat-trick

* Anthony Elanga has discussed the influence of Cristiano Ronaldo at Man United
* The 20-year-old is in his first season at Old Trafford and has partnered Ronaldo
* Elanga says Ronaldo offers wisdom to the likes of Jadon Sancho before matches
* Ronaldo scored three alongside Elanga as United edged past Norwich on April 16

Cristiano Ronaldo is an inspiration to Manchester United's attackers and spends the build-up to matches telling the likes of Jadon Sancho how to have maximum impact on games, Anthony Elanga has revealed.

Sweden winger Elanga has occasionally partnered Ronaldo during his first season in senior football, helping the Portugal captain score a decisive hat-trick in the 3-2 win over Norwich on April 16 – United's only win in their last seven games.

Despite being United's top scorer with 23 goals in 37 appearances this season, Ronaldo and the club have been criticised for the transfer since his surprise return to the underperforming Premier League giants on the final day of the 2021 summer transfer window.

Elanga is unequivocal about Ronaldo's positive influence, telling the club's official website: 'You can see his record and the amount of goals he's scored.

Anthony Elanga (right) set up the first goal of Cristiano Ronaldo's hat-trick at home to Norwich. The United academy product says Ronaldo gives guidance to players before and during games

'He know what it takes to get to the top so it's more than right to just speak to someone like that. And yeah, we have a chat the day before or even during a game. You might see us in the warm-up.

'He'll speak to me and Sancho together about what we can do in the game, to affect the games – and it's important to have someone like that in the team.

'He is someone I look up to and speak to and ask for advice and stuff. He is a special player to work with.'

United's squad have faced accusations of a lack of character and a poor dressing room atmosphere during a dismal season by the standards of the 13-time Premier League champions.

Club legend Paul Scholes claimed last week that midfielder Jesse Lingard had told him the dressing room was 'a disaster' at a side battling for Europa League qualification while languishing 28 points behind league leaders Manchester City.

Outgoing interim boss Ralf Rangnick has said the club needs 'open-heart surgery', and his successor, Erik ten Hag, faces the challenge of bringing the best out of an underachieving group when he arrives at Old Trafford in July.

While Ronaldo has been reliably prolific, England livewire Sancho has scored only five goals in 38 games since joining from Borussia Dortmund for £73million at the start of the season, although Elanga's emergence has been a rare bright spot for the Premier League also-rans.

Elanga's breakthrough campaign has coincided with Ronaldo's return to United from Juventus. Ronaldo advises Elanga and other players, such as Jadon Sancho, during United's warm-ups

The 20-year-old set up Ronaldo's seventh-minute opener in the nervy victory over the relegation-threatened Canaries at Old Trafford, joining the five-time Ballon d'Or winner for his trademark SIUUU celebration in front of fans.

Academy product Elanga said: 'That was an exciting time – the double SIUUU. I didn't expect it.

'He said: "Let's do it". I said, "fair enough" – but if you see in the video, I didn't really get into the air properly. But I managed to do it anyway and it was a special moment.

'We spoke about it the day before, actually – how we were going to work, in terms of pressing.

'[We said that] if you get an opportunity, look up. If he gets an opportunity, to look up for me, as I'll be in the box or he will be in the box.'

Sixth-placed United can move level on points with the team immediately above them in the Premier League table, Tottenham, when Brentford provide the final visitors of the season to Old Trafford on Monday night.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10772363/Anthony-Elanga-hails-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Man-United-youngster-reveals-looks-striker.html
Old 18-07-2022, 09:58 AM   #10
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United star Anthony Elanga admits the squad were not fit enough under Ralf Rangnick last season but now says 'the whole team can press' under Erik ten Hag and believes the players have 'bought into' his new style

* Anthony Elanga says the Red Devils are fitter than ever under boss Erik ten Hag
* He says Man United lacked fitness last season while playing under Ralf Rangnick
* Elanga says that the Red Devils have 'really bought into' Ten Hag's philosophy
* The 20-year-old says he is looking to take his 'game to the next level' next season

Manchester United youngster Anthony Elanga says the Red Devils are fitter than ever as they have 'really bought into' Erik ten Hag's philosophy.

Elanga says United lacked fitness last season despite the fact interim manager Ralf Rangnick had wanted to turn the Premier League giants into 'pressing monsters'.

However, he credited Ten Hag's arrival for United's recent victories over Liverpool and Melbourne Victory- claiming 'the whole team can press' under the new manager.

'We know we weren't as fit last season,' the United starlet told The Mirror. 'I think we're even fitter this season, running for the team, running off the ball and running with the ball.

'That element of running and pressing is really important. That's one of the things the manager has brought into the team and we are really buying into it.

'I feel like the whole team can press. It's all in the mind - if you want to do it, you can do it. It's a new style that we've got. It's different now.'

Elanga credits Ten Hag's arrival for the change in mindset at Manchester United and admits 'everyone wants to impress' the Dutch manager.

Manchester United youngster Anthony Elanga says the Red Devils are fitter than ever. The 20-year-old says the entire United squad has 'really bought into' Erik ten Hag's philosophy. Elanga says everyone in the Manchester United team is eager to impress the new manager. Elanga says he is looking to take his 'game to the next level' during the 2022-2023 campaign

Elanga said: 'I feel like everyone wants to impress, especially now we've got a new manager, new system and a new style. It's important everyone tries to impress and it starts in pre-season.'

Speaking about his personal goals for the 2022-2023 campaign, Elanga said: 'I want to be able to take my game to the next level.

'I want to build on what I did last season and make it even better. When I say take my game to the next level, I want to be able to score more goals and make more assists.

'I want to affect the games, be a danger player, be a starter for United, which I think is a dream for any young lad coming through the academy.

'That's what I'm trying to achieve, to aim for. I just want to keep on doing what I'm doing, and work even harder.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11021027/Manchester-United-star-Anthony-Elanga-admits-squad-not-fit-Ralf-Rangnick.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, h-ANG, rio vander vidic, zudomiriku