United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 26-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #91
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phillip Neville

Phil Neville quits Valencia as former Everton and Manchester United defender looks to move up into management job of his own

* Phil Neville will not stay on beyond this summer as a coach with Valencia
* The former England defender is hoping to step up to a management job
* Neville says he has learnt a lot from a turbulent year at the La Liga club
* Pako Ayestaran has been appointed Valencia manager on a two-year deal

Phil Neville will be leaving his role as Valencia coach and is looking to make the transition into management.

Since hanging up his boots three years ago, the former Manchester United and Everton defender has gained varied experiences across the game.

Neville was part of David Moyes' backroom team at Old Trafford, having working as a coach with England Under 21s at the European Championship in Israel, and last summer made the surprising move to Valencia.

The 39-year-old experienced a topsy-turvy season in the Primera Division, working under Nuno, interim boss Voro, brother Gary and then Pako Ayestaran, who signed a two-year contract extension to stay on as head coach on Tuesday.

Neville headed back to Valencia the following day and is now planning for a future away from the club.

'I think obviously with the naming of Pako as the manager, I think I will be leaving the club and looking for other opportunities,' he said.

Phil Neville is leaving his position as a coach at Valencia with his mind set on finding a job as a manager

'There are opportunities out there and that is where we are at. It has been a fantastic year but, you know, in football new managers come in, they want to bring their own staff.

'It's football. Hopefully in the future when I am a manager, I will want to bring my own staff with me.

'That is the case now and it's time for me to leave Valencia and to grab hold of other opportunities that are going to come my way.'

Neville 'loved every minute' of his time with Los Che but is now looking to step into management, with the completion of his Pro Licence just a few weeks away.

'You've got to do your process, do all your work and learn about how to be a manager,' he said, speaking at The Three Lions pub in Manchester as part of Carlsberg's 'Pubstitutions' campaign.

'I am still learning, I am still young in terms of managerial experience, but the last three years I've gathered a lot of information.

'I just feel at the moment maybe my next job I think I'll probably want to go on my own and be my own man, back myself and my own ability.'

Neville is open about working anywhere in the world having taken the plunge and moved away from Manchester, but 'waiting for the right opportunity' is key after his year in Valencia.

'It has been one of the best experiences - and not just of my footballing career,' he said

'The lifestyle, we've embraced the culture and I said to the president the other day when I spoke to him about my future, we both agreed that one day I want to go back to Valencia.

'It is a magical, magical city, a fantastic football club and La Liga is the best league in the world to work in.

'I loved every minute of it. To come away from the experience with a language under your belt, with the experience that I've had this year would probably take people five years to experience.

'Three or four different managers, unrest with supporters, situations with players, playing against Barcelona and getting beaten 7-0 - these are experiences you can't buy.

'You can go on every course in the world that you want, but you can't buy the experience I've had this year.

'In terms of my overall development as a coach, hopefully a manager, and as a person, I cannot think of a negative about the whole situation.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3608947/Phil-Neville-quits-Valencia-former-Everton-Manchester-United-defender-looks-management-job-own.html
Old 04-06-2016, 02:29 AM   #92
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

NEVILLE RELISHING NEW ADVENTURE UNDER JOSE

Phil Neville says whatever happens under new Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, life at Old Trafford will certainly not be dull and the former Red is excited by the "adventure" ahead for his beloved club.

The Treble winner will play for Mourinho and Sam Allardyce’s England team in Sunday’s Soccer Aid match at Old Trafford in aid of UNICEF.

Neville is looking forward to the occasion and beyond, and feels the Reds have the best man for the job.

"I looked at that photo of him holding the [United] shirt and he looked like a United manager. He looked class and the words that were coming out of his mouth told you this is something he’s always wanted to do," Phil told ManUtd.com and MUTV during his preparations for Soccer Aid.

"To see him at Old Trafford raising money for UNICEF will be great and it will give him a taste of what Old Trafford is like. It’s different when you come as a visiting manager or player, but when you come as the man who can say 'I’m the boss of this stadium', it’s a special feeling.

"I’m excited for the season ahead," he continued. "With Jose, win, lose or draw, it’s going to be an adventure and a journey. Maybe the United fans need that now. They need lifting, they need a spark and someone who will keep them on the edge all the time. This club keeps you on the edge; you don’t know whether it’s going to go one way or the other in games. That’s what was so great about Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Whatever ride Jose takes the United fans on, I think they’ll enjoy it. This club has always had that mystique and specialness about it where you’re not quite sure where you’re going, but you’re going to aim for the best. He’s the best manager and his record tells you he gets results and wins championships, and it’s probably about time United started winning championships again."

The former defender is relishing the chance to run out at Old Trafford once more on Sunday and says everyone is delighted to be involved in an event which raises vital funds to help children across the world.

"There is a bigger picture – we’re not just coming to Soccer Aid to play football, we’re here to raise money for UNICEF," he insisted. "The organisers showed us a video this week which had everyone in the room crying and it just brought home that we can have a massive impact through this event."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jun/video-phil-neville-relishing-the-manchester-united-adventure-under-jose-mourinho.aspx
Old 21-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #93
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY, PHIL NEVILLE !!!

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #94
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Phil Neville picks his Manchester United dream team for next season... featuring Gareth Bale, Antoine Griezmann, Hugo Lloris and a pair of Monaco stars

* Phil Neville took to Instagram to pick his ideal Manchester United line-up
* Former Old Trafford midfielder decided to have a 'bit of fun' and select a team
* It features Hugo Lloris in goal and Raphael Varane playing at centre-back
* Monaco duo Benjamin Mendy and Tiemoue Bakayoko make the side
* Antoine Griezmann and Gareth Bale would be Neville's creative forces
* He says Marcus Rashford would come in to replace injured Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Phil Neville has selected his dream Manchester United line-up to challenge for silverware next season - but it certainly wouldn't come cheap.

The former Old Trafford midfielder decided to have a 'bit of fun' in an Instagram post by mocking up how he wants Jose Mourinho's team to look in August.

Neville seems to suggest David de Gea will be leaving United in the summer as it's the Tottenham No 1 Hugo Lloris who starts in goal.

Phil Neville has taken to Instagram to pick his Manchester United dream team for next season, featuring (GK) Hugo Lloris; (defence left to right) Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly, Raphael Varane, Benjamin Mendy; (midfield left to right) Tiemoue Bakayoko, Ander Herrera, Paul Pogba; (attacking midfield left to right) Antoine Griezmann, Gareth Bale; (striker) Zlatan Ibrahimovic

The back four features current players Antonio Valencia at right back and Eric Bailly at centre half, but with the addition of Real Madrid's Raphael Varane and Monaco's left-back Benjamin Mendy.

That would appear to spell bad news for English duo Chris Smalling and Luke Shaw as they'd either be out the exit door or left on the bench.

An exciting midfield trio combines world-record signing Paul Pogba and Spanish dynamo Ander Herrera with another Monaco star, defensive midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko.

Ahead of them, Neville would like to see Atletico Madrid sensation Antoine Griezmann paired with Real Madrid's superstar Gareth Bale.

Up front, Neville has United's veteran talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but news that the Swede may be out until next year with a serious knee injury means Neville adds the caveat 'Marcus Rashford for Zlatan!'

It's certainly a team many United fans wouldn't mind watching next season, but a highly improbable one seeing as the club would need to splash about £300m to buy the six newcomers.

Signing Griezmann looks the most likely, with his agent Eric Olhats confirming this week that there is 'concrete interest' from United, as well as Manchester City, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

These suitors would require at least £85m to sign the Atletico forward and a bidding war for him looks increasingly likely.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4444196/Phil-Neville-picks-Manchester-United-dream-team.html
Old 23-05-2017, 01:48 PM   #95
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Romelu Lukaku 'not a big game player', claims Phil Neville who insists Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann would be better options at Manchester United

* Phil Neville weighed in on potential additions to Manchester United side
* He believes Romelu Lukaku does not do enough to decide big matches
* Neville thinks Harry Kane would be perfect but United could not lure him
* He added Gareth Bale and Antoine Griezmann should be targets

Phil Neville levelled criticism at Everton striker Romelu Lukaku who he deems as going missing in big games.

The former Manchester United defender spoke about possible striking options for his old club this summer and is sceptical Lukaku would be a good fit.

Neville told talkSPORT: 'I'm not so sure [Lukaku would fit in at Man United] I would prefer United to go out and get Gareth Bale or Antoine Griezmann, I really would.

Romelu Lukaku does not perform well enough in big games according to Phil Neville

'I have watched Lukaku and I am a big fan, but I see him in the big games and I don't see a player that grabs and wins a big game on his own.

'I still think there are question marks against Lukaku. Jose sold him and he didn't play that much at Chelsea, so he knows him well.'

With United missing out on the top four, their remaining chance to break into next season's Champions League is with victory in the Europa League final.

Neville believes Premier League golden boot-winner Harry Kane would be the perfect man to lead the line at United but lamented he did not think the 23-year-old would leave Tottenham.

'I think the ideal signing would be Harry Kane – but I don't think United will get him. But Griezmann and Bale, I think these are the players that can take United closer to winning the Premier League,' he added.

Another of Europe's most sought-after strikers is 18-year-old Monaco sensation Kylian Mbappe and Neville is confident that United are one of the teams with the financial muscle to lure him.

Kylian Mbappe could join United as the club have the financial muscle to buy him, says Neville

'I think United are probably one of the only ones who can afford to pay for him, you are talking maybe £100m,' said Neville.

'I have watched him twice, against Tottenham and against Man City, and I have never seen pace like it.

'Look, he is still young enough to develop there and I am sure we will see him in the Premier League sooner rather than later,' he concluded.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4530330/Romelu-Lukaku-not-big-game-player-claims-Phil-Neville.html
Old 30-06-2017, 06:18 AM   #96
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

PHIL NEVILLE: MOURINHO'S ON A MISSION

Former Manchester United player and coach Phil Neville is intrigued to see which new faces the club brings in this summer and is convinced Jose Mourinho will build a squad capable of challenging for the Premier League title.

Neville, speaking to MUTV at the official launch of Cafe Football at the National Football Museum in Manchester, believes Mourinho is on a mission to follow up last term's three trophies with top-flight glory, after previously winning three championships with Chelsea.

"I’m looking forward to it," said the ex-England international, when asked about the upcoming campaign. "I think it was a brilliant season last year and it finished well with the Europa League.

"Now we’re looking to see who Jose signs because, if you look at the top six clubs, I think they will all strengthen. United have to strengthen and it’ll be interesting to see which team strengthens the most.

"Now, every time I pick up a paper, another player is linked with United but I’m sure Jose will bring success, like he did last season, and ultimately, hopefully, bring the title back to Manchester.

"If you look at the drawn games at Old Trafford last season and convert maybe 90 per cent of those into wins, then United would have been challenging for the title. If they can do that this year, then I think the title will come back to Manchester.

"I’m optimistic," Neville continued. "United are heading in the right direction and the confidence the manager and his squad got from winning the EFL Cup and Europa League can be taken into the Champions League and the league next year.

"It’s going to be a difficult season, as everyone else is spending money and improving. United are going to have to improve as well because they didn’t finish in the top four last season. Even that is a big ask, but I think Jose will want to win the Premier League. That’s the big one. He won’t settle for anything less."

www.manutd.com
Old 16-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #97
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Tekel Horor Puyol pada Neville di Laga Para Mantan Pesepakbola
Randy Prasatya - detikSport

Jakarta - Carles Puyol melakukan tekel mengerikan ke arah Phil Neville. Tumit kaki kanan Puyol tepat mendarat di dengkul Phil.

Momen tersebut terjadi di laga pembuka turnamen Star Sixes antara Spanyol dan Inggris di O2 Arena. Di laga ini Spanyol menang 4-1.

Meski turnamen ini hanya dikhususkan untuk mantan pemain sepakbola, jalannya pertandingan ternyata tak sesantai yang dibayangkan. Phil, yang merupakan mantan pemain Manchester United dan Everton, mendapat hantaman di bagian dengkul dari Puyol.

Akibat kejadian itu Phil terjatuh sambil mengerang kesakitan memegangi dengkul kanannya. Beruntung, tekel dari Puyol itu tak membuatnya cedera parah, dia masih bisa melanjutkan pertandingan.

Di akhir laga Phil bergurau bahwa kejadian ini harus dilihat oleh pihak UEFA, FIFA, dan FA. Namun, dia tetap kesal saat wasit tak menganggap pelanggaran.

"Ini merupakan tekel paling parah yang pernah saya alami. Saya berharap UEFA, FIFA dan FA melihat kejadian ini. Hal yang membuat saya kesal adalah bahwa wasit bilang dia (Puyol) mendapatkan bola," kata Neville, seperti dikutip Dailymail.

"Jujur saja, ini adalah tekel yang menghebohkan. Padahal, pertandingan baru berjalan selama dua atau tiga menit," sambungnya.

Star Sixes adalah turnamen yang diikuti oleh 12 negara, yang dibagi tiga grup. Setiap kontestan boleh membawa 10 pemain dengan enam di antaranya turun sebagai starter.
Old 16-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #98
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Berikut video aksi tekel keras Puyol terhadap Phil Neville, beruntung dia tidak cidera

Old 13-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #99
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United players have their toughest tests at Anfield - but Liverpool's 'Championship spending' in defence means they are simply not good enough, says Phil Neville

* Manchester United 'face biggest tests of their careers playing at Liverpool'
* Playing in hostile Anfield atmosphere is acid test for United, says Phil Neville
* He wants United to show they can be title winners in style as well as in the result

Manchester United's players will face the biggest tests of their careers at the club when they play at Liverpool, according to former Red Devils defender Phil Neville.

United travel to Anfield to take on their fiercest rivals in a Saturday lunchtime Premier League clash, knowing a win would put them 10 points clear of the Reds in the table.

Playing in the hostile Merseyside atmosphere is the acid test for United stars, said Neville, who also said he wanted them to demonstrate they can be title front runners in their style of play, as well as in the result.

Manchester United players 'face the biggest tests of their careers when they play at Liverpool'. Playing in the hostile Merseyside atmosphere is the acid test for United stars, said Phil Neville

Speaking on Sky Sports, Neville said: 'Going to Anfield is the ultimate test for a Manchester United player.

'Last year Jose Mourinho played down expectations of winning the league, this year fans want a bit of pressure, they want to be talked about as title winners.

'What Saturday will give us is a barometer - last year they did not beat the top sides. On Saturday I want to see a style that means that after the game we say there is a title winning side there.'

Neville wants United to show they can be title winners in their style as well as in the result

Neville also felt that Liverpool are trailing their rivals because of a lack of investment in defence, comparing their spending to that of a second division team.

While United have spent tens of millions on the likes of Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof, Liverpool have bought cheaper options, such as Ragnar Klavan, Joel Matip and Andrew Robertson.

Ex-England full back Neville feels Liverpool should have sold Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona in order to finance a full rebuild of their back four.

Neville feels Liverpool are trailing their rivals because of a lack of investment in defence. Neville feels Liverpool should have sold Philippe Coutinho to finance a rebuild of their defence

Neville said: 'The front six look good, but defensively, and the goalkeeper, he has not addressed that situation. I think he really missed a massive thing in the summer by not selling Coutinho.

'They have not got vast amounts of money, they would have been able to invest in the squad, maybe two defenders. Put two defenders of quality in there and you are talking about a title-winning team.

'They are at the same level they were at two years ago, four years ago, and they can just not get over that point of challenging for the league.

'Look at the players they have bought - Robertson, £8m. Klavan, £4m. Matip, free transfer. That's almost Championship spending on an area of the field where Liverpool are very weak. You spend that amount of money, you get that level of performance.'

A lot of the attention on Saturday meanwhile will be on Romelu Lukaku, who has begun his United career with seven goals in as many league games since joining from Everton for £75m.

The Belgian has been criticised for failing to score many against big teams however, and Neville feels a good performance is necessary against Liverpool to silence the doubters.

If he gets it right, thinks Neville, Lukaku can truly punish Jurgen Klopp's attack minded and defensively flimsy Liverpool team.

Neville said: 'United last season had Zlatan, who was always going to come for the ball. This season they have Lukaku. If Liverpool go for it and lose the ball, it is Klavan and Lovren versus Lukaku.

'For Klopp to go full cut, he is leaving a massive risk at the back with Lukaku, who has a lot to prove in big games. This is where he becomes a real United player.

'Scoring in big games, scoring at Anfield - this is where Andy Cole, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Dwight Yorke became legends, scoring in big games and winning titles.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4975592/Manchester-United-face-tough-test-Anfield-Phil-Neville.html
Old 11-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #100
Andi Istiabudi
manager

PHIL NEVILLE: WHY I OWE SCHMEICHEL EVERYTHING

Ex-Manchester United star Phil Neville attended an exclusive adidas event last Friday alongside his old team-mates David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and brother Gary to launch the new Ninety-Two trainer.

During a Q&A for supporters, the former United, Everton and England defender spoke of his debut, his pre-match superstitions and why he owes Peter Schmeichel so much...

What was it like making your debut for United?

I thought I was just turning up to help the kit man to be honest with you! [Laughs] But even once you're a regular in the first team, you don't really realise it. You were always trying to better yourself and improve because this club was always buying good players. In my position we had two or three really good, international quality players, and every summer the boss would look to bring more players in, which kept us all on our toes.

Did you have any pre-match superstitions?
I think we all had our routines and superstitions – maybe a certain place in the dressing room where you would like to sit, a favourite boot you would wear, or a position in the tunnel that you would like to line up in when you’re walking out. Even the moments before kick-off, when you might like going to a certain area of the pitch to warm up. I used to get a lift with Gary and we used to take the same route to Old Trafford every time because that was our route, and we left at the same time, so you had little routines to make you feel comfortable.

What was your favourite moment in a Red shirt?
Obviously you can't look far past the Treble. But mine’s actually an individual moment when Peter Schmeichel saved that penalty in the FA Cup semi-final replay against Arsenal, because I’d just given that penalty away. I honestly thought my Manchester United career was over; it was the last minute, I was tired, I’d played really well in the game as well, and I literally just collapsed on the floor and brought down Ray Parlour. I just thought 'that's it - it's been a good career', and then he saved it. I owe him everything.

What's it like covering United matches as a pundit?
For me, it’s not nice being a pundit on United, because you dread United losing even more than I already would do, because you’ve got to go on the television and speak as a neutral about a team that you don’t want to criticise. Like recently, when United got beaten by Huddersfield, Jose questioned the desire and attitude of the players, and you’ve got to discuss that, and probably criticise some of the team. So I always try to stay clear of Manchester United games as a pundit - you feel as if you can’t be a neutral because ultimately I love this football club. I don’t enjoy watching United as a pundit because it puts me in a position where I potentially have to talk badly about a player in my team.

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 76
Aba_MaczUnited, adhe united macz, alfiandrmwn, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andry26, ardie febrianto, arymashuda, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, Bulma, chincarito, cupen7, cyrius, ecly_watchaa, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, ghopoereds, Gustar_UIBontang, h-ANG, hendiplast, iamsetia, ing areese, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, jifortin, keeprelax, Lang25, Lucky_Cantona007, MCR7, merick, MichaelMU, Muhammad Nizar, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, octus, oldark, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, penk22_, reddevilmaniac, revald, rio vander vidic, rizluq, ronald hars, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, Syarifeghy, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, Victory, victory II, Wibiebintang, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku