United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club

United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club (http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum/index.php)
-   Archives 2012/2013 (http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   [2012/13] Man United Progress Season Review (http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4872)

rondwisan 01-01-2013 10:23 AM

[2012/13] Man United Progress Season Review

31/12/2012 10:10 - ManUtd.com, Editorial team
Half-term report: 2012/13

To date, 2012/13 has been a campaign of high-octane, winding, churning brilliance. With a draining half-season still in store, take a break and relive five madcap months...

Turning on the style
To be the best, you’ve got to beat the best. In which case, the signs in 2012/13 augur well for the remainder of the campaign. For the first time in 99 years, United secured top-flight wins at Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City, while victory over Arsenal completed a remarkable 12-point haul from our grandest quartet of Premier League fixtures, and that’s not to mention a comprehensive 3-0 win at Newcastle. With the exception of a first Anfield win in almost five years, the most notable aspect of each victory was a strong first-half display. While early concessions have riddled the majority of the Reds’ fixtures this term, we were ahead inside three minutes against Arsenal, four minutes at Chelsea, eight minutes at St James’ Park and 16 minutes in the Manchester derby.

Back in character
United were already out of the Champions League this time last year, but this term has been a very different story. The Reds were home and hosed by the end of Matchday Four, although progress admittedly came with the customary United drama. After Michael Carrick’s early goal got Sir Alex’s men off to the perfect start at home to Galatasaray, the Reds had to hang on for a vital 1-0 win after Nani’s penalty miss and other wasted opportunities. United came from behind in the next three games, away at Cluj and home and away to Braga, to ensure maximum points and qualification for the knockout phase. Back-to-back defeats followed in the final two group matches, away to Galatasaray and at home to Cluj, but neither result affected United’s position as winners of Group H. “Our minds are focused on challenging all the way to the final,” declared Sir Alex. The next hurdle on that path comes in the formidable form of Real Madrid. Bring it on!

The Dutch destroyer
In his Newcastle programme notes, Sir Alex compared Robin van Persie’s impact to that made by Eric Cantona. “He has made a vital difference to our chances in this season’s title race,” wrote the boss. In front of goal, Robin has the calm, ruthless efficiency of a hitman. “He’s similar to Ruud in the way he puts chances away,” says Ryan Giggs. But the Dutchman’s adroit hold-up play, elegant touch and enthusiasm for setting up goals have been equally important. The 29-year-old looks like he’s played here all his life. “When you feel wanted, it gives you wings,” Robin says. If 2013 brings more of the same, he could be the final piece in Sir Alex’s latest jigsaw.

A timely boost
It’s not only been the season of the comeback in terms of winning matches in 2012/13; two key figures in the Reds dressing room also made welcome returns. The importance of Nemanja Vidic to United was reflected in the ovation he received upon his recent comeback against Sunderland, while his influence in defence was sorely missed in the 19 matches since his fleeting early season reappearance from a seven-month lay-off. Sir Alex said: “He brings great experience, that warrior type of defending he’s famous for. Having him back is a real bonus.” The latter sentiment also applies to Darren Fletcher, who has surpassed all expectations in battling ulcerative colitis, making 10 appearances up to the year's end. “Every day is a battle,” says Fletch. “I have to watch my diet and take certain medication or it could come back, but I feel great.”

Evolution, not revolution
Wingers, more than any other position, capture the essence of Manchester United’s style: fast, incisive, swashbuckling, counter-attacking football. So it was the talk of the terraces when Sir Alex dispensed with wide men earlier this season, albeit temporarily, in favour of a new diamond system. “If it turns out we play the diamond consistently it’d be revolutionary because it goes against our history,” Sir Alex said in October. “But the level of the game in England and Europe is so high that making yourself unpredictable is a strength.” That last point is key. This wasn’t an identity crisis but an enhancement of United’s philosophy. With dynamic attackers like van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Young, Nani and Cleverley all easily accommodated in a variety of positions and systems, it's clear that fluid movement, quick passing, spontaneity and unpredictability are attributes Sir Alex craves. The ability to switch from 4-3-3 to a midfield diamond, 4-2-3-1 or a more familiar 4-4-2 is another string to the Reds’ bow in an ever-evolving, more sophisticated football landscape.

Back to front
If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. That seemed to be the mantra for United’s defenders in the first part of 2012/13, as they offset a certain leakiness in our own box by making headlines at the other end. As injuries left the back line stretched, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Rafael and Alex Büttner all weighed in with goals and Evans (who let us not forget waited 118 games before scoring his first United goal) has only Rooney, Hernandez and van Persie above him in the top-scorers list this term. Perhaps the most important, and most impressive, of the defenders’ strikes came from the boot of Rafael. With the Reds behind at Anfield, the little Brazilian conjured a moment of sheer magic, accepting Shinji Kagawa’s chested return and bending a perfectly struck equaliser beyond the clutches of Pepe Reina.

The comeback kings
Beneath this season’s hair-tearing trend of conceding first has lain an overriding positive. Every setback provides a platform to showcase our pièce de résistance –*the comeback –*and this season has already crammed in a campaign’s worth of against-the-odds triumph. “The game is for 90 minutes and you need to play until the last minute,” panted Chicharito after November’s two-goals-down, 3-2-up victory at Aston Villa. Even by that early point in the season, United had come from behind to win seven times, including late victories against Southampton, Liverpool, Braga and Villa. There have been occasions where such self-made mountains have proven insurmountable (Everton, Tottenham, Norwich), but even when leads have been taken and subsequently squandered, United have still found the reserves to procure all three points. To have done so at the homes of Chelsea and Manchester City speaks volumes for the indefatigable spirit which continues to characterise Sir Alex’s side.

rondwisan 01-01-2013 10:28 AM

Re: [2012/13] Man United Half Season Review

31/12/2012 12:37 - ManUtd.com, Editorial team
Reds' New Year prospects

The ManUtd.com editorial team share their hopes and predictions for United in 2013...*

ADAM MARSHALL
Hopes for 2013: A 20th title would be so sweet and the perfect response to City lifting the trophy, erasing all of that last-day agony. I think both the Champions League and FA Cup draws look tough.

Player to watch: Chris Smalling can continue to push for a regular start but I’m most looking forward to seeing Will Keane make a successful return from injury.

Key fixture: The trip to the Emirates Stadium on 27 April to face an Arsenal side still smarting from the loss of Robin van Persie.

BEN HIBBS
Hopes for 2013: I didn’t see it at the start of the season, but it feels now like we might be on the cusp of something special with this team. To win a major trophy would be great – most importantly doing it in style.

Player to watch: Robin van Persie is a thoroughbred match-winner, but Wayne Rooney is integral to us playing well as a team. If both continue this form, anything is possible.

Key fixture: If we beat Real Madrid in the Last 16 ties, that would swell belief among players and fans for the run-in. Bring it on.

STEVE BARTRAM
Hopes for 2013: Shock answer here, but number 20 will do nicely, thank you. Were greed to come into the equation, then I'd have a May trip to Wembley. No, two trips.

Player to watch: Tom Cleverley. United have been at their best this season when playing with a high tempo, and Cleverley is the man – alongside Michael Carrick – to set it for United.

Key fixture: Derby day on 6 April. Assuming it's still a two-horse race, it's late enough in the season to have a real say on where the title ends up.

NICK COPPACK
Hopes for 2013: Winning the title back has to be the top priority. Reaching the semi-final stages of the Champions League would also be nice… if only for those April evening kick-offs where the first half is played as dusk descends.

Player to watch: Shinji Kagawa. Before his injury he was United’s most exciting and consistent midfielder. I can’t wait to see what a sustained run of games will do for both his and the team’s form.

Key fixture: Call me a sentimental old fool, but I can’t wait for Real Madrid’s visit to Old Trafford in early March. Viva Ronaldo!

JAMES TUCK
Hopes for 2013: Another trip to Wembley for the Champions League final would be amazing but reasserting domestic supremacy is most important to me. Yet there’s so much football to be played between now and May...

Player to watch: I’ll go for the obvious, then. Robin van Persie’s class could provide that extra percent, that vital game-breaking moment, when the title race really hots up in the coming months.

Key fixture: It’s hard to look past April’s Manchester derby. If we get past Real Madrid, it’ll be sandwiched between the two Champions League quarter-final legs. What a fortnight that could be.

fajrinited 02-01-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondwisan (Post 455907)

31/12/2012 12:37 - ManUtd.com, Editorial team
Reds' New Year prospects

The ManUtd.com editorial team share their hopes and predictions for United in 2013...*

ADAM MARSHALL
Hopes for 2013: A 20th title would be so sweet and the perfect response to City lifting the trophy, erasing all of that last-day agony. I think both the Champions League and FA Cup draws look tough.

Player to watch: Chris Smalling can continue to push for a regular start but I’m most looking forward to seeing Will Keane make a successful return from injury.

Key fixture: The trip to the Emirates Stadium on 27 April to face an Arsenal side still smarting from the loss of Robin van Persie.

BEN HIBBS
Hopes for 2013: I didn’t see it at the start of the season, but it feels now like we might be on the cusp of something special with this team. To win a major trophy would be great – most importantly doing it in style.

Player to watch: Robin van Persie is a thoroughbred match-winner, but Wayne Rooney is integral to us playing well as a team. If both continue this form, anything is possible.

Key fixture: If we beat Real Madrid in the Last 16 ties, that would swell belief among players and fans for the run-in. Bring it on.

STEVE BARTRAM
Hopes for 2013: Shock answer here, but number 20 will do nicely, thank you. Were greed to come into the equation, then I'd have a May trip to Wembley. No, two trips.

Player to watch: Tom Cleverley. United have been at their best this season when playing with a high tempo, and Cleverley is the man – alongside Michael Carrick – to set it for United.

Key fixture: Derby day on 6 April. Assuming it's still a two-horse race, it's late enough in the season to have a real say on where the title ends up.

NICK COPPACK
Hopes for 2013: Winning the title back has to be the top priority. Reaching the semi-final stages of the Champions League would also be nice… if only for those April evening kick-offs where the first half is played as dusk descends.

Player to watch: Shinji Kagawa. Before his injury he was United’s most exciting and consistent midfielder. I can’t wait to see what a sustained run of games will do for both his and the team’s form.

Key fixture: Call me a sentimental old fool, but I can’t wait for Real Madrid’s visit to Old Trafford in early March. Viva Ronaldo!

JAMES TUCK
Hopes for 2013: Another trip to Wembley for the Champions League final would be amazing but reasserting domestic supremacy is most important to me. Yet there’s so much football to be played between now and May...

Player to watch: I’ll go for the obvious, then. Robin van Persie’s class could provide that extra percent, that vital game-breaking moment, when the title race really hots up in the coming months.

Key fixture: It’s hard to look past April’s Manchester derby. If we get past Real Madrid, it’ll be sandwiched between the two Champions League quarter-final legs. What a fortnight that could be.

Mudah"an semua keinginan para editor ini bisa dicapai semua oleh para punggawa kita om. Believe!

Tapii kayaknya nick coppack rindu ronaldo itu om? :D
:muflag:

wira_ozora 03-01-2013 10:15 AM

Mw nambahin sedikit review half season dari opini pribadi:
1. Kedatangan RvP mirip sm dtgnya King Eric di awal2 Class of 92,, sthun setelah Leeds jd juara EPL. Seperti yg Mancini blg,,RvP bener2 jadi pembeda antara MU n City,, khususnya skill free kick n corner kicknya.RvP bukan cuma striker,, tapi booster yg bikin pemain2 United lain tampil bagus,,sprti Cantona yg bkn Becks cs tampil bagus. Mudah2'an RvP bisa lbh hebat dari Cantona,,bukan cuma juara EPL tp juga juara UCL....Amiiinnnn.

2. Opa Fergie lbh percaya sama pemain2 baru drpd pemain2 academy. Selain RvP,,pemain2 baru yg lain, Kagawa,Buttner,Powell,,udah pernah main n udah cetak gol. Pemain academy yg setengah musim ini jd andalan n rutin tampil adalah angkatan '08, Clev n Evans.

3. Chicharito semakin membuktikan bahwa dia adalah super sub!
Yg paling fenomenal jelas di Villa Park,,Chicha nyaris mencetak hattrick sebagai pemain pengganti andaikan gol kedua ga dianggap OG. Chicha sejauh ini ga punya skill olah bola yg istimewa...but he knows how to score....insting golnya bener2 diatas normal.

4. Big Dave aka De Gea semakin menyegel posisi kiper nomer satu United. Di luar kebiasaan United yg sering comeback,,penampilan Big Dave dibawah mistar tetep layak diacungi 2 jempol. Skillnya makin mantebb dan makin tenang menjaga gawang United.

rondwisan 15-01-2013 01:57 AM

Manchester United headed for a record-breaking season?
ESPNSoccernet, Gabriele Marcotti - 14 Jan 2013

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0114...persie_576.jpg

After Manchester United's 2-1 win over Liverpool on Sunday, Man U now have 55 points from 22 league games. Project that out over a season and we're talking 95 points, which would equal the top-flight record set by Jose Mourinho's Chelsea in 2004-05.

What's remarkable here is that the club have amassed so many points without playing anywhere near their potential. All those early-season comebacks are not what we usually associate with a dominant club. Nor do teams with a defense as statistically leaky as United's -- they've conceded as many as Sunderland and more than the likes of West Ham, Stoke and Swansea -- usually win games at such a pace.

The thing is, on paper at least, Untied can get better. A lot better. And that's the scary part.

Late in the game Sunday, Liverpool had them against the ropes, as Sir Alex Ferguson himself admitted afterwards. And there are plenty of areas where this team can still improve, including keeper David De Gea, who is just 22, and Tom Cleverley in midfield. Nemanja Vidic has started only four games since his return. The more he plays -- provided he stays injury-free -- the more likely he is to return to the form that made him one of the very best central defenders in the world. And, of course, Wayne Rooney has been sidelined since just before Christmas, but with him in the side United are even more potent going forward.

The good news for United fans is that even if Robin Van Persie has a dip in his stratospheric form, there are plenty of other guys who have yet to fire on all cylinders who can step up. If that happens -- and United do manage to go to the next level -- this may yet be a record-breaking season in the Premier League.

rondwisan 15-01-2013 11:32 PM

Re: [2012/13] Man United Progress Season Review

Pencapaian United sejauh ini banyak dihighlite media di Inggris sono, sebagai pencapaian yg spectacular, meski disadari performa team tidak (belum) pada peak performanya ...., banyak pihak yg meramalkan pencapaian positif United di akhir musim ...., yah diamini aja deh ....
Yang penting jangan terbuai dengan semua berita / sanjungan yang ada, seperti yg Evra sampaikan, semua harus focus ke United, gk usah terlalu terpengaruh match / partay team lain, focus ke United untuk meraih hasil maksimal di setiap pertandingannya ....

Quote:

Evra: “I think the difference between last year and this year is that we have been more focused on Manchester United.
We are just focusing on ourselves because we know if we play well, we are Man United and we've to show that every time in every game.”

rondwisan 15-01-2013 11:51 PM

Marching towards history: Fergie's United have more points now than Shankly's Liverpool, Wenger's Invincibles and Clough's Forest... and they are on course to become the greatest EVER team
Dailymail.co.uk., Adam Crafton - 15 January 2013

http://i.mol.im/i/pix/2013/01/15/art...84_964x273.jpg

Writing in his programme notes on the eve of Manchester United’s 2-0 victory over West Brom just over two weeks ago, Sir Alex Ferguson described his current squad as 'a group as good as any I have had in my time at Old Trafford'.

Few were rushing to agree with his sentiment, given his side’s obvious defensive deficiencies and their reliance on Robin van Persie. But upon closer inspection, the statistics reveal the United manager may be leading not only one of his greatest squads but in fact one of the most relentless winning machines in the history of English football.

By beating Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday and moving on to 55 points at the top of the Premier League table, United eclipsed the highest points haul that they have recorded in the opening 22 games of a season since the introduction of the three-points-for-a-win system in 1981-82 – overtaking the previous record of 54 points secured by the same stage of the 2006-07 season.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...99_634x378.jpg
Dominant: United are already seven points clear at the top of the Premier League

The 55 points gained – with 18 victories, one draw and three defeats – overhauls many of the impressive tallies amassed by previous great United sides.

The class of 1993-94, considered by some to be Ferguson’s most polished side - with Peter Schmeichel, Steve Bruce, Gary Pallister, Roy Keane, a young Ryan Giggs and Eric Cantona providing its core - had two points less than this current batch from their opening 22 games, while Fergie’s Treble winners of 1999 were incredibly 11 points worse off at this stage of the season, with just 41 points.

If we look further back, to before the Ferguson years, it soon becomes apparent that this United crop are notching up points at a faster rate than at any other time in the club’s history. If we convert the league tables from before 1981 into the modern day three-points-for-a-win system, this United side has more points after 22 games of a season than any other since the club was renamed Manchester United (from Newton Heath) in 1902.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...80_634x421.jpg
Title No 2: Ferguson and former assistant Brian Kidd (right) lift the Premier League trophy in 1994

The Busby Babes, featuring Duncan Edwards and Dennis Viollet, had the equivalent of 49 points from the opening 22 games of their 1956 championship-winning campaign while Sir Matt Busby’s next famous side, starring the ‘Holy Trinity’ of George Best, Bobby Charlton and Denis Law, secured just 44 points from their first 22 games of the 1966-67 season – the year before they won the European Cup by defeating Benfica 4-1 at Wembley.

But it is not just the great United sides that Ferguson’s squad is seeing off in their seemingly unstoppable pursuit of a 20th Premier League title. They have equalled the points haul amassed by a Jack Walker-funded Blackburn in 1994-95 and are three points better off than the Arsenal Invincibles were at this stage of the 2003-04 season.

However, Jose Mourinho’s 2005-06 Chelsea team are the only side in the Premier League era to better the standards being set by this United team - having gained 61 points from their first 22 league games of the season

But should United continue to gather up the points at the same rate as they have done so far this season, Ferguson’s men will be on course to match the record (set by Chelsea during the 2004-05 season, when they were also on 55 points at this stage) for the most points won during a Premier League season, with a projected 95 points, and a ratio of 2.5 points per game.

When we delve further back in time it is revealed that United’s haul of 18 wins from the opening 22 games has only been matched or bettered on four occasions – by Preston in 1888-89, Sunderland in 1891-92, Tottenham in 1960-61 and Chelsea in 2005-06. Kenny Dalglish’s Liverpool only secured 17 wins from their first 22 games of the 1987-88 season, but five draws saw them on to 57, two points better off than United today.*

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...69_634x406.jpg
Record-breakers: Chelsea amassed 91 points in 2005-06

This places this much-maligned United squad in a better position than all but one of Liverpool’s championship-winning sides, and comfortably sees off the points hauls secured after 22 games by Don Revie’s title winning teams at Leeds and Brian Clough’s league winners at Forest.

It seems difficult to believe that this United side is comfortably seeing off competition from some of the most celebrated sides in the history of English football.

United have already conceded 29 goals, leaving them on track to break the club’s worst defensive record in a single season in the Premier League era – the 45 goals conceded in the 1999-2000 title-winning campaign.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...47_634x422.jpg
Class of 2000: Ferguson's sixth title was won at a canter

Doubts remain over the goalkeeping position, with David de Gea and Anders Lindegaard being rotated once again this season, while question marks hang over the defensive capabilities of full backs Rafael and Patrice Evra with Nemanja Vidic still being eased back in after long-term knee injury.

Further forward, many spectators still believe United to be short of a player with the drive and determination of a Roy Keane or Bryan Robson in the centre of midfield, while on the wing, Nani has fallen out of favour and Antonio Valencia has failed to produce anything like his best form for some time now.

Injury and sluggish showings have hindered Wayne Rooney’s season this time around, with the striker having scored just eight goals, compared with the seventeen he had this time last year. Fellow England forward Danny Welbeck may have impressed with his work rate and pace against Liverpool on Sunday but he must improve on his solitary United goal so far this term.

In spite of all the frailties, there is no doubting the integral contribution being performed by Michael Carrick in midfield and Van Persie, of course, up front – while Tom Cleverley and Javier Hernandez have also been in sparkling form.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...03_634x427.jpg
More to come: Rooney (centre) has been far from his best this season

And whatever this United squad may lack in quality, they make up for with their strength of character and determination to win – a trait undoubtedly drilled into the squad by Ferguson. United have beaten Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea away from home and Liverpool and Arsenal at Old Trafford – edging all five games by the odd goal – demonstrating their ability to find a way to win a match.

United’s intensity will surely have been heightened after the heartbreak of losing the title to Manchester City last season – and it is a testament to Ferguson’s management that he is driving this squad to such record-breaking heights.

rondwisan 16-01-2013 12:08 AM

Terlepas dari pencapaian United seperti dipaparkan di atas ....., IMHO, kompetisi akan berakhir setelah match ke 38 I.o. 22 :peace:
Masih banyak laga yg harus diperjuangkan, masih banyak point yg harus diamankan, sebelum bisa tersenyum di akhir musim, siapa pun itu ....

Btw Oom @VaDLi
Klo bisa tolong table2 dari web di atas diangkut ke sini yaa ..... :D

wira_ozora 16-01-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondwisan (Post 458912)
Pencapaian United sejauh ini banyak dihighlite media di Inggris sono, sebagai pencapaian yg spectacular, meski disadari performa team tidak (belum) pada peak performanya ...., banyak pihak yg meramalkan pencapaian positif United di akhir musim ...., yah diamini aja deh ....
Yang penting jangan terbuai dengan semua berita / sanjungan yang ada, seperti yg Evra sampaikan, semua harus focus ke United, gk usah terlalu terpengaruh match / partay team lain, focus ke United untuk meraih hasil maksimal di setiap pertandingannya ....

Sangat setuju dengan yang disampaikan Sempakers musim lalu yang mulai "tobat" di musim ini,, yang penting fokus ke setiap pertandingan yang dihadapi,, ga usah mikirin pertandingan City. Jangan terbuai juga dengan keunggulan poin saat ini....7 poin itu jaraknya "cuma" 3 match....jadi sama sekali ga aman....beda sama Barca yang leading 18 poin dari Madrid. Musim kemarin keunggulan 8 poin bisa disalip dalam waktu seminggu,,so...keep focus every match. Mudah2'an MU bisa konsisten sampai akhir musim,,kalopun dapet treble....itu bener2 rejeki yang luar biasa.

Ucup Carrick 16-01-2013 09:46 AM

so far saat treble dulu...setengah musim berjalan gak ada kepikiran untuk treble...apalagi sampe gembar-gembor...
baru ketika United masuk semifinal UCL, semifinal FA dan masih top of the table...baru semangat treble itu membawa...
sebaiknya jangan terbuai sama optimistis semu seperti itu....
seperti musim 07/08 yang gadang-gadang treble ternyata di FA Cup kalah dari Portsmouth di OT...
jadi stay focus setiap pertandingan...