View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #19
Riskur
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Southampton vs Manchester United

Jose Mourinho reacts to Saints draw

Jose Mourinho spoke to Sky Sports and MUTV after the goalless draw at Southampton on Wednesday night and discussed the latest injury news and his team selections for Crystal Palace and the Europa League final..

We must wait on Fellaini

"He says it's not a [hamstring] tear. He believes it's a minimal thing but minimal muscular things can be a big thing. Let's wait for tomorrow. I couldn't protect him as he needed to play after suspension. Players need not only to rest but also to play. I don't blame myself or our decision but let's wait. The one with little problems is the one that can have little problems, Eric [Bailly], because he's not playing the final."

Players showed hunger for final
"I think we played a good game against a good team, a team that tried to win because they try to finish well and will probably finish eighth and I think we did more than okay. All of them gave me positive feelings. Of course Sergio [Romero] had a very good performance, I'd say more than very good, he made a couple of great saves. The team was not perfect but I think the players individually gave me good things, they showed a great attitude and they showed me they want to be in the final. They showed me they want to be an option and they gave everything they have but we still have the Sunday match."

Reds in safe hands

"We have three amazing goalkeepers. Two are top in the world and one will be. We have the Argentina national team goalkeeper [Romero] and the Spanish national team goalkeeper [David De Gea], two of the best countries in the world with good traditions of goalkeeping. We have these two guys and they are phenomenal and I keep saying the Portuguese kid [Joel Pereira] is a very good goalkeeper so in relation to that we're in safe gloves. I'm so pleased with that and I'm so pleased with the relationship they have between them. They all motivate each other which shows a really fantastic spirit."

When will De Gea play again?

"I think the first match against LA Galaxy in pre-season in Los Angeles. I hope to play Joel against Crystal Palace and I hope to play Sergio in the final and hopefully we don't have problems with these two keepers. David is top in the world and obviously we want to keep the top [keeper] in the world."

Youngsters to face Palace
"Sunday will be a big day for the kids because lots of them are going to play. I hope the crowd enjoys that in spite of it not being a big strong, Man United team and I hope Big Sam shows he's really a friend and he goes slow and leaves [Christian] Benteke at home!" [Smiles]

Does the Europa League make the season?
"I understand that from your [the media] point of view and your perspective that's the big headline. I understand that we're in the final and to be back in the Champions League makes a whole difference for all of you and you analyse a team's season, but I know what I gave and I know what the players gave and from our perspective we are not going to accept that one goal, one save, one post, something that is going to decide a final, is going to decide if we worked well or worked bad. I think we gave everything we could give, we fought against so many difficult circumstances and I'm proud of the boys no matter what."

More: Click on the play button above to watch the manager's MUTV interview

www.manutd.com