View Single Post
Old 28-08-2021, 03:33 PM   #607
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Philip Anthony "Phil" Jones

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tells Rio Ferdinand he is 'completely OUT OF ORDER' for branding Phil Jones 'a waste of time' in the Manchester United squad and says his old team-mate 'should've called' to discuss defender's injury problems

* Rio Ferdinand didn't hold back talking about Phil Jones on his YouTube channel
* Ferdinand branded Jones 'a waste of time' after his years in the wilderness
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hit back at Ferdinand's remarks on Friday afternoon

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hit back at Rio Ferdinand for calling Phil Jones a ‘waste of time’ by telling his former Manchester United teammate he is ‘completely out of order’.

Jones played for the first time in nearly a year-and-a-half earlier this month in a behind-closed-doors game against Burnley after battling his way back from knee surgery.

However, Ferdinand accused the 29-year-old centre-back of blocking a young player’s path into the first-team at Old Trafford and suggested he should find another club.

Solskjaer relished the chance to stick up for Jones on Friday when he fired back at Ferdinand.

‘Phil has had a horrible 18, 19 or 20 months and probably a year before that with injuries,’ said the United boss. ‘I thought Rio should have called me and asked why Phil hasn’t played.

‘He’s a no fuss, get-on-with-it type of guy and I think that was completely out of order. I haven’t spoken to Rio but I think he’s a bit sorry about that one.

‘I know more than anyone how it feels to be judged at that stage. Phil is not 30 years of age, he’s been battling against this knee injury since I came back to the club.

'He puts his body on the line every single training session and game, and he’s never done anything than give everything for the club. Rio of all people should know more than to go out and say this.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was unimpressed by Rio Ferdinand's remarks over Phil Jones. Ferdinand described Jones as 'a waste of time' on his YouTube channel this week. Jones has been battling his way back to fitness following a tough time with knee problems

‘I’ve wanted to say a lot and I’ve not said too much about Phil’s injury because I’ve more or less protected him. Phil never does social media or interviews, he gets his head down. He’s a proper professional, a family man and just wants to get back fit.

‘We managed to get him half an hour against Burnley and he’s working his way back. He’s battled valiantly.

‘I was out for two years with a knee injury. I know how Phil has felt because you’re embarrassed coming in an times. You have to look after your career.

‘To see that he can see light at the end of the tunnel is great because I’ve been through the same. We have to give him a month or six weeks.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9933051/Solskjaer-tells-Ferdinand-completely-order-branding-Phil-Jones-waste-space.html